DJ Derek Romanoff Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

93 DJ Derek Romanoff Reviews
  • Kristen

Kristen Marie Lardner · Married on 09/16/2018

Derek is the PERFECT wedding DJ!

My husband and I were beyond happy with Derek’s services. For preparation, his website made everything really simple! There’s a request list, a timeline template, and an entire form so he can know the details of the wedding party. There were a few songs I really wanted for the processionals that weren’t on his list, so he had me send him Amazon links for the songs so we could use them! :)

Leading up to the ceremony, Derek noticed I was getting flustered and took it upon himself to not only DJ, but coordinate as well. The timing and quality of everything was absolutely perfect.

Throughout the reception, he kept tabs to make sure I was ready for every occasion (father/daughter dance, cake-cutting, etc) and always had such a big, warm smile on his face!

If you want a stress-free, fun-filled wedding day, DJ Derek is the way to go! Thank you so much and I can’t wait to recommend you to everyone!!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 08/26/2018

Derek was an amazing DJ! I was a little upset at first because I wanted a string quartet for the ceremony, but Derek definitely made up for it. His recommendations for various dances were great and he was very professional and friendly.

Katherine · Married on 08/25/2018

One of our best vendors!

We booked DJ Derek after hearing him at another close friends wedding so the choice really was easy. He did a great job for them and an amazing job for us as well.

Our idea of what we wanted to hear was very different from theirs but he went out of his way to have multiple calls with us and walk us through his song selection software to make sure we had everything he wanted.

He also helped with formulating our timeline and during the party he did an awesome job or feeling the room and knowing when to get the party started and what songs to do it with. I would recommend Derek to anyone getting married in the areas he covered.

Kimberly · Married on 07/28/2018

Derek was the absolute best! My husband and I can't say enough about Derek and his quality of service. From day one, Derek was professional and organized. He answered all of our questions (and then some). Derek was worth every penny! He kept the crowd entertained and communicated well with our other vendors. He had everyone out on the dance floor all night and made clear announcements throughout the night. He kept the evening running smoothly and in a timely manner. Additionally, Derek was open to all our ideas and made our day so special. Derek is by far the DJ to go with on your wedding day! He won't disappoint!

Stacy · Married on 05/26/2018

Derek was quick to respond to all of my many emails and so helpful. When I was stressed, worried or doubted something, he always reassured me that everything would be okay. And it was!! The day couldn’t have been more perfect! The dance floor was packed the entire night. I had friends who enjoyed themselves just as much as aunts, uncles and older relatives. I just can’t brag enough!! I was very indecisive about picking a dj, even waited until kind of last minute. But our first meeting with Derek he put all my worries aside and I knew it’d be great! As it was!

Kelsey · Married on 03/24/2018

Derek was literally the best DJ!! He worked well with us all the way to the day and was able to change my husbands dance song with his mom 2 seconds before he went to do the dance!! He kept the party going all night long!!!

Callie · Married on 10/21/2017

DJ Derek Romanoff is amazing! He was super responsive to our initial questions (honestly why we chose him, we wanted a DJ that wanted to be our DJ). He was fantastic the day of - to be honest we forget to include my husband's dad and significant other during introductions and when they lined up we panicked. Derek seamlessly added them to our introduction to the point nobody knew this happened. He had our friends dancing the entire night and everybody raved about how much fun they had. We highly recommend Derek, he's such a professional and we can't thank him enough for making our wedding go off without a hitch!

• User6310762 · 1+ year ago

Derek is by far the best DJ I could have wished for! He was so helpful and responsive during the planning process, and has a website that makes it incredibly easy to listen to songs and pick them. Our guests loved him, not just his DJ skills but his personality as well. At the end of the night, I could not get my father to leave the reception, he just wanted to stay and talk to Derek! Derek is very skilled and wonderful, I would absolutely recommend him as your DJ!

E · Married on 06/01/2017

We are so thankful that we had DJ Derek Romanoff as our wedding DJ. From the first time we met with Derek, we knew that he would pull together an amazing celebration for us. Derek has great attention to detail, an understanding of the crowd, and the perfect energy to set the mood for the evening. One of the many times I was amazed by Derek’s attention to detail happened during the father of the groom’s speech, where the lyrics of Forever Young were quoted, and then right after the speech concluded, Derek played that song! It made for a very special moment. I also appreciated how accommodating he was no only to the guests, but also to the other vendors. All of our guests got on the dance floor thanks to Derek and they stayed on the dance floor all night. We received numerous compliments from our guests on Derek’s work. We would highly recommend Derek to any of our friends as he has an awesome personality, amazing client service focus, and a genuine love for his work.

Arielle · Married on 05/20/2017

Derek was absolutely wonderful to work with. He was always accessible by phone or email when we needed to check in prior to the wedding day and made sure to take all of our input into account. He was such an awesome DJ - in skill, demeanor, professionalism, and manner. He was so sweet to us and incredibly helpful - he went above and beyond to help us with other things that were going on when he wasn't DJing. Our guests had an awesome time - he played the perfect mix of current songs and crowd pleasers. We absolutely loved working with Derek and would recommend him to anyone else looking to have an amazing time at their wedding...which is pretty much anyone, I'd think!

Clement · Married on 04/01/2017

Derek was the DJ at my son Kent and daughter-in-law Erin's wedding. He was outstanding. He kept the party going with a great selection of music. He was excellent at keeping the ceremonies running on time. He was also attentive to detail. I had not spoken to Derek prior to the toast I made to couple. I was reading a version of the lyrics, "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart. By the time I had finished with reading the lyrics, Derek was playing Forever Young softly in the background. Now that is attention to detail!!! Thank you Derek! Say Hi to your great son that I was privileged to meet.

• BlueHenBride

Samantha · Married on 03/25/2017

DJ Derek was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He was so easy to work with during the planning and always able to answer my questions. Derek handled our ceremony music and sound seamlessly. He was very aware of what music our friends and family were responding to during the reception and played songs that kept people on the dance floor all night long. One of my bridesmaids said the music was so great that she was torn every time it was announced that new desserts/snacks were being served because immediately following each announcement, another song that she just had to dance to came on. We loved having Derek be a part of our wedding day!

Jeanna · Married on 11/26/2016

Derek was very helpful and worked with us while we were slacking in our planning of the music we wanted. We got our choices to him about 2 weeks before the wedding and he immediately went to work finding the exact songs and correct versions of everything we wanted played that day. When it came to the reception, he kept the party going the whole night. Would definitely recommend!

Andrew · Married on 10/15/2016

Derek was prompt in his responses and was flexible when we had to make a few changes before our formal entrance. We would recommend him to other couples.

Chelsea · Married on 10/08/2016

We can't say enough good things about Derek! He was easy to work with, polite and professional. Derek read the crowd well and kept everyone on the dance floor until the end of the reception. He also did a nice job with the up lighting which made the dance floor even more fun!

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

DJ Derek was the absolute best! He was lovely to work with, very flexible, and wonderful on the day of. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night, which is exactly what I wanted. Booking Derek will be one of the best wedding decisions you make!

Veronica · Married on 09/17/2016

Derek was the DJ for our wedding on 9/17/16 and was absolutely fantastic! He kept every guest on the dance floor the whole night. Aside from his amazing skill of keeping the party going, Derek was a pleasure to plan with and had so many helpful tips. He also went above and beyond by driving my husband and I back to our hotel at the end of the wedding, when we realized we had no way to get back! All in all, DJ Derek is amazing, and you will not be disappointed if you have him at any event!

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2016

Don't hesitate! Book NOW! You will not be disappointed. One of the most professional, genuine and accomodating individuals we have met. He sincerely wants your event to be everything that you imagined. He is truly amazing!

Elise · Married on 08/21/2016

Derek was great! He had a really easy platform to use to create playlists (and what not to play), and he was extremely responsive to all of my emails and questions. Our guests had a great time with the music at the wedding, and everything ran super smoothly. He was a perfect MC - not too overbearing, but very personable!

Elana · Married on 08/07/2016

We LOVED Derek Romanoff! He was incredible responsive, helpful, and so NICE! He was super laid back, especially when we made some last minute adjustments (lighting, etc). His style is perfect-- not too loud but is definitely present. We really enjoyed working with him, from the planning until the actual wedding, and would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a great wedding DJ. Thank you Derek!!!

Rachel · Married on 07/23/2016

We could not have been more satisfied with the deejaying service provided by Bialek’s Music/DJ Derek Romanoff. Leading up to the wedding day, Derek was extremely responsive and helpful in answering our questions. At our wedding, he played the exact right music to get the crowd dancing. We had guests of all ages on the dance floor — even those who don’t typically like to dance! I was also approached multiple times by guests (at the wedding and also post-wedding) who said they loved the music being played. We felt that Derek did a great job at reading the room in choosing the right music. He was very professional and flexible, and even played a few additional songs at the end of the night in response to our guests begging for more music! We were clear that we wanted a deejay whose main focus would be to pick the perfect music, rather than trying to be a bar-mitzvah-style-party-starter, and he fit that bill perfectly. In looking back at our wedding, we feel that the music and dancing were central parts of what made it the most perfect day. We could not have been more pleased and have only the highest of recommendations for Bialek’s Music/DJ Derek Romanoff!

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2016

We saw Derek at our friends' wedding and knew we had to book him for ours too - Derek was perfect! From the planning leading up to the event, to the day of, I can't think of one thing Derek could have done better. We used him for our entire wedding day including pre-ceremony music, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. For the planning, he sets you up with a website that lets you pick out songs for each part of the day and includes information about logistics for the wedding, so he's fully prepared. We had a meeting right after we booked him about a year out from our wedding to give our initial ideas, then another about a week before the wedding to go through the entire timeline and make sure there were no holes. He was great at finding all the songs we wanted. During our wedding, he was able to set up without me having to worry about anything. I literally didn't see him until I was walking down the isle which was nice to have one less thing to worry about as I was getting ready. We also had some rain at our outdoor ceremony, but he was willing and able to stick through it to make it work for us! When we were done with pictures and ready to start the bridal party introductions, he made sure to come out and meet with us and review the pronunciation of everyone's name and the order he should call them. Actually, the first thing he did was ask if we needed a drink, which my husband graciously accepted :) He was very professional and always catered to our needs. When my bridesmaids were trying to bustle up my train in the middle of the night, he swooped in with safety pins before my bridesmaids could even get to their bags to grab some. My ideal reception had people filling the dance floor for the entire night and Derek was able to make that happen. He was great about playing songs that worked with the crowd and, I heard afterwards, that he also stuck to our 'do not play' list and politely refused to play a song requested by someone. Derek is highly recommended!

If you want your friends to have a good time and have the best wedding ever, hire Derek! His music, energy, enthusiasm, set up, and MC Skills were the best! He had every one of our favorite songs on his playlist and really played everything we had asked for. Our friends and family all mentioned how much fun they had and how good the music was

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

Bialek's was great super easy and responsive. They have a variety of DJs to chose from. We chose Derek romanoff who was excellent! He answered emails super quickly and was very thorough. He was able to provide great ideas for cocktail music. The online platform was very easy to use and helped provide popular lists for cake cutting etc. During the reception I wanted to make some changes to my list play list and it was super easy, he was very flexible. He read the crowd very well, when a song came on and a lot of people exited the dancefloor he seamlessly changed it! Definitely recommend this company and Derek.

DJ Derek is responsive, knowledgeable, and talented. He is both very professional - with high quality equipment and an extensive music selection - and personable, and he is truly focused on making your wedding day special for you, music and beyond. He provided us with useful guidance not only on music-related choices but also on other elements of wedding planning. In the stress of planning, I found him reassuring and patient. And his services on the wedding day were excellent!!