DJ Cox Entertainment Reviews

46 Reviews for DJ Cox Entertainment

• Maxwell

Maxwell Wever · Getting married on 03/08/2021

Master of Ceremonies Indeed

John was definitely the best choice we could have gone with for our wedding DJ. We did some shopping around before we asked John, and while he wasn't cheap, you get what you pay for. He was by far the most genuine and professional DJ we talked to. Between multiple meetings with my wife and I, he also met with our parents so he could really cater the experience to us and our families. When the day of the wedding rolled around, John was there and ready for anything. He made the event run smoothly by bringing his own equipment and communicating with our venue so we didn't need to worry about what was happening behind the scenes. The experience was personalized to our exact wishes and his flexibility of how things happened throughout the night made it a fun and carefree experience. 10/10 would party again!

Sent on 09/02/2020

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Max! You and Dana were so awesome to work with. I loved developing our relationship with both you, Dana and your family. The day was filled with love and I am just so blessed that you let me be a part of that with you.
    I wish you both the absolute best and when you’re in Grinnell, we will paint the town red. :)

Lauren · Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn’t have been better

From beginning to end, John was someone that made our wedding day absolutely perfect. We had a non-traditional backyard wedding and had zero experience in how weddings should go (but also felt like we had a couple must haves that he sacrificed for us).

We had met with him three times before wedding day (including rehearsal). He was a great leader at the dress rehearsal and really helped keep us on track and tell how how things should go, but also let us change the “traditions” that come along with weddings that we didn’t want a part of.

He will get to you know you as a couple and you won’t feel like he is just the DJ. Very interactive without being cheesy and make your eyes roll, a great resource when you have any questions, and is so personable throughout the entire experience.

We had so many guests say how impressed they were of John during our ceremony and reception. We couldn’t have asked for anything more and HIGHLY recommend John. He’s more than a DJ.

Sent on 10/14/2020

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Lauren. I’m glad I could help make your wedding day unforgettable. I can’t wait to see what yours and Mark’s futures hold. :)
  • Anna

Anna Jennings · Married on 09/05/2020

Wedding 9/5/2020

DJ Cox was amazing! He answered all of our questions and gave us ideas for things we hadn't even considered to make our day that much more perfect. He was very easy and professional to work with and met with us multiple times before the big day to make sure we were comfortable with the schedule. We would recommend him to everyone!!

Sent on 10/15/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 08/28/2020

Wedding MC and DJ

Dj Cox was the absolute best we could’ve ever asked for. He went above and beyond what we could have ever imagined! He made our day run so smooth and never batted an eye whenever we needed to change something. If you’re looking for a DJ or MC, DJ Cox is you’d man! He was absolutely worth it and we would choose him a million times again. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Sent on 08/31/2020

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Jess! I was honored to be yours and Brock’s Master of Ceremonies and DJ for your wedding. I am very happy we decided to go ahead with the ceremony through the rain!! It was a great day and I feel blessed to be a part of it.
    Congratulations and tell Brock he’s welcome to come help any time. :)
  • Ben

Ben Frotscher · Married on 08/04/2020

Great experience throughout

John was a perfect DJ for our recent wedding. He great when it came to planning for the big day, and when the day arrived, the experience went swimmingly. If we needed a DJ in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Sent on 05/24/2019
  • O

Olivia · Married on 11/09/2019

Perfect night

Having John as our DJ/MC for our wedding night was the best decision we made! In the beginning I thought it was a bit pricey and out of our range but my husband made a decision to go with John and we were so happy we did. He is very organized and so much fun!

Sent on 12/10/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Livi. :) I hope you and Dayne had a great honeymoon!! And welcome back to cold Iowa. ;)
    With all my love to you both,
    John
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 11/09/2019

Excellent DJ/MC - Personable, Fun, Stress-Free

Choosing DJ Cox Entertainment was one of the easiest and, looking back, best decisions we made while planning the wedding. There was no stress or anxiety throughout the planning process or the day-of. Both my wife and I would like to thank John for all the time and effort he put into helping make the night a blast!
    My wife and I talked to different vendors in the area. As soon as we left the prospective meeting with John, we knew we wanted him to be our Master of Ceremony - and are so glad we did. He's professional, fun, and dedicated to making your special day stress free. He is personable, well organized, and was easy to contact. We appreciated his experience and knowledge with the planning leading up to the wedding day. During the reception, John did a fantastic job reading the room and keeping the fun going throughout the night. Guests did not want to leave the dance floor. Over the days and weeks afterward, we've had a lot of friends and family tell us how much fun they had throughout the night, which would not have been possible without him. A DJ/MC is not something to skimp on and can make or break the night. DJ Cox Entertainment is well worth it.

Sent on 01/06/2020

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Chloe and Sean. You both, and your wedding, will always be the bar set for CLASS. You were awesome to work with and I’m honored you let me be a part of your day.
    Congratulations and I truly wish you both the best!

Josh Bern · Married on 10/19/2019

DJ Cox not only performs, he sets the bar for MCs.

On behalf on my wife and I, we would like to genuinely thank John Cox with DJ Cox Entertainment for providing us with the best day of our lives! Christa and I both work very busy lives so when we were looking for a DJ/MC to run our night we knew we had to choose very carefully. We knew we needed a MC who could single handedly run our night and integrate every aspect of the ceremony to the reception with our other vendors. DJ Cox is that MC. He’s professional, he sets his own bar above the rest, his equipment is superior, and by the end of the night he still manages to surpass his own standards. Christa and I not only loved him but all of our family and friends kept coming up to us asking where we found him! Planning sessions with him were like talking to a friend and every time he was more prepared than us. John, provided not only professional tips/ tricks! But, was willing to aid in other areas where we required advice & planning assistance! If you want the ultimate experience for your wedding, DJ Cox is your man!

Sent on 10/21/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Josh and Christa!! It was truly my pleasure to be a part of your wedding day. So much love to both of your families!!! And your fur babies!! :)
  • Jessica

Jessica Moore · Married on 10/05/2019

DJ Cox was an integral part of making our wedding flow smoothly

My now husband & I were pleasantly surprised with DJ Cox. We had no idea how good someone could be- very professional yet down to earth. Our guests were also very impressed with his professionalism and creativity.

He goes above and beyond with customer service, personal detailing to taste and with his equipment.

You can tell he is passionate about giving the bride and groom the best experience he is able to so they and their guests have a special party to remember.

I can’t highly recommend him enough!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Megan Smothers · Married on 09/14/2019

September 14, 2019 Wedding

DJ Cox did my music for my wedding ceremony and my wedding reception! 10/10! He really pays attention and listens to what you want. I was very particular with the music I wanted and he followed exactly what I wanted. He was great at organizing and cuing ! He was also very friendly and treated my husband and I like family!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Alexie · Married on 08/17/2019

Supple Wedding

Choosing to have John as our DJ/MC on our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He met with us a couple times before the wedding to get to know us and get a game plan for our wedding. He was always quick at responding to any emails we sent him. But what sticks out to me most is how he handled our night. The caterer was an hour late and we quickly came up with a game plan that made it seem like it was the plan for the night all along! Then he literally had the dance floor jam packed from dinner until the last song! All we wanted at our reception was for our family and friends to have an amazing time and have the dance floor full. Didn’t matter what age he entertained everyone! We had endless compliments on our DJ! I don’t think it could have gone any better! Thanks for making our day/night one we will never forget! #ItsRadToBeASupple

Sent on 08/18/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Lexie. :) It was a HUGE party and I’m glad I could be a part of your day. Congratulations once again to you and Justin!!

Kate · Married on 07/20/2019

Dj john cox was amazing!

I don't think my husband and I could have chosen a better DJ for our wedding. He was absolutely amazing. He played everything we wanted, kept it PG early in the night for grandparents/kids, he was interactive with guests, and had everyone dancing all night.
    Prior to the wedding (we were planning from CA and were married in IA), John was extremely helpful. When we cane home for visits before the bug day, he made time for us and truly made an effort to know us, attended the rehearsal, interviewed our parents and so much more. It made our wedding night even more special than we could have hoped for.
    Our experience was as perfect as it could get and I believe DJ John Cox contributed to making the entire day run as smoothly as it did. He was AMAZING.

Sent on 08/19/2019
  • Nick

Nick Tomlonovic · Married on 06/07/2019

Everything you need.

DJ Cox is absolutely worth the investment. He is a complete customer service professional and an adept entertainer.

My wife and I researched a lot of DJ’s. It was a priority that we knew and trusted our DJ to be our spokesperson and custodian of “fun” at our wedding & reception. From our first research meeting, DJ Cox gave a lot of great feedback about our plans. He didn’t sell himself to us with a pitch, but instead built our trust and confidence with his passion for his craft.

DJ Cox emcee’d our reception with grace and professionalism. He filled the dance floor with a strong start, continued to set the mood through ‘downtime’ when guests were distracted by the sunset and beautiful weather, then finished strong with a dance floor that was just as full at last call as it was the first song. He even helped coordinate between our other vendors to make sure our mood and focus weren’t interrupted. Cox deftly catered to obscure requests, surprises to and from the wedding party, and was a fantastic representative for us to our guests.

From our first meeting to tear down, DJ Cox provided everything we were looking for. Our guests raved about his work, and he is someone we would hire again in an instant.

Sent on 01/06/2020

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Nick! Jeanette and you were so much fun to work with. I enjoyed all the crazy requests and how well they worked with your friends and family. I loved being able to tell your story.
    Thank you and congratulations once again!!

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

The Best!!

John was fantastic and we cannot recommend him highly enough. From our initial meeting, he was incredibly helpful in planning details of our day that we hadn't even thought of. He took time to get to know us so we felt like we had a friend as our MC for the evening. He was exceedingly professional while keeping a relaxed and fun vibe. Communicating song requests ahead of time was simple with an easy-to-use app, and he played a great variety that kept our guests dancing until the very end. We couldn't have asked for better music and entertainment and would absolutely hire him again!

Sent on 06/17/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Emily!! It was my pleasure to be a part of your and Jonathan’s wedding. I hope you two had a great “mini-honeymoon” in Wisconsin and I look forward to seeing how you both grow as a couple.
    Thank you and congratulations once again!!

Skylar · Married on 05/25/2019

150% Worth every penny

John was absolutely amazing from the first meeting! When we were picking our DJ for the wedding we had no idea what we were doing. Through the whole process John was fantastic! He was easy to meet with, get a hold of, and was a great asset for our wedding. With his help we had a blast at our wedding, the music and lighting he provided went with everything we could imagine! He even had our photographers signing and dancing along!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Michelle · Married on 05/04/2019

He made our evening complete!

DJ Cox was FANTASTIC to work with! He was relaxed, flexible and fun. We were planning our wedding from out of state, but that didn't change the level of service and support he provided us one bit. He was willing and able to check in with me whenever I wanted. He executed exactly what we were looking for day of with little guidance and because of that, our wedding and reception was everything we wanted it to be - a big party full of love and happiness! I DEFINITELY recommend reaching out to John!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Jennie & Jj Wombacher · Married on 04/27/2019

Made our wedding a dream come true!

Highly recommend! We didn't worry about a thing! DJ John Cox made our wedding a dream come true, it was perfect! He tailored everything to make sure our day, was OUR day! His experience and passion for his profession made an everlasting good impression on all our guests, our wedding was the best!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Ethan Thompson · Married on 11/17/2018

DJ Cox is the Gold Standard for wedding DJs in Eastern Iowa

John is a true professional. He was always very organized, direct, and punctual. He met with us several months before our wedding to figure out our preferences of music, activities, and overall vibe we were looking for. He hit it right on the nose. John had the dance floor full from the time he started the music, until it was time to leave. He truly made the experience seamless, and we were very pleased that he kept our guests engaged and having fun throughout the night. He was well worth it and we would highly recommend to anyone who asked us. Thank you, John!

Sent on 11/29/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Ethan!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for your wedding day! I want to thank you and Rachel for topping off my wedding season with your wedding. I couldn’t have asked for a better couple or a better party!!! My only regret is that we had to stop! :)
    Thank you for your kind words and review and I wish you and Rachel the absolute best!!

Mariah Jensen · Married on 11/10/2018

Couldn't have wanted anything more!

We had such a great time with DJ Cox at our wedding. He was so responsive to our requests! His personality was so fantastic- we felt like we had known him for years. Everyone at our wedding got up to dance because he played such a wide variety of music that EVERYONE loves. He went above and beyond the DJ role with his fantastic MCing as well. He made the each part so easy for us, and we are so grateful he made our day so wonderful.

Sent on 11/18/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mariah!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for you and Alec. I had a great time and wish you two the best!! Have fun at the Vikings game on your mini honeymoon. :)

Shana · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing!!!!

John was more than wonderful! My husband and I were made to think about aspects of our night that wouldn’t have been thought of prior than without John. He was professional and personable and we had soo many compliments about him from our guests! Anytime we will have a party in need of a DJ we will definitely call John!

Sent on 11/14/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Shana!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for your beautiful wedding. I am glad I could make it the day you wanted. :)
    Have fun on your honeymoon!!!
    And congratulations once again!!

Luke · Married on 11/03/2018

I give you my word, this is the guy you want to be your DJ!

My best friend told me when we were planning our day to make sure to get a great DJ it will make or break your party. DJ COX you made our party and I can’t thank you enough! From first correspondence to the last it was a perfect 10. And as far as value he is not the cheapest, but there is reasons for that he has great equipment and he knows exactly what to do! I will be recommending him to all of my friends or family getting married.

Sent on 11/21/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

I’m humbled by your words Luke. Thank you! You and Shana made my night. Thank you both for letting me be a part of your wedding day. Everything looked great, including the bride and groom. :)
    I had a great time and again thank you for letting me be a part of it.
    Congratulations and I wish you and Shana the absolute best!!! :)

Tiffany Yazel · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome DJ Service

Our guests are still telling us how great of a time they had all night! John knew exactly what we wanted and we could tell he took some time and effort to make sure everything was perfect! The night was amazing!

Sent on 11/18/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Tiff, I appreciate that. :) I had a great time with you and Taylor and your guests!!! The venue looked great and you two looked awesome!! Thank you for having me and have a great time in Denver!!! I’m jealous!!

Brooke Freund · Married on 10/06/2018

Best. DJ. Ever.

My review is simple: John is one of the most friendly, most flexible, reliable and worth-the-money vendors I’ve ever worked with. As two hardcore workaholics, my now-husband and I, had NO time to mess around with someone that wasn’t professional and ON IT. Just to tout his flexibility, our first meeting had to be rescheduled a couple times due to snow and ice and other Iowa pleasantries :) John was delightfully responsive and met us when and where WE were able to convene. He carefully and meticulously walked us through (among several lovely meetups) what our perfect wedding reception would look like. He always made us feel like we were in charge, but with a firm, knowledgeable background to guide. And then the cherry on top? Our reception went EXACTLY the way we planned: intros, speeches, vibe, (lights! Get the lighting package!), and of course the music. Hire him. Now.

Sent on 01/05/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke! I loved being a part of your wedding and am humbled by your words.
    I show off your venue, Museum of Art Cedar Rapids, to all my couples. That was a great place to light and show off.
    Thank you again and tell Max we still need to get together for drinks. :)
    Congratulations Mrs. Freund

Mackenzie · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Cox has been wonderful and so easy to work with. We are so excited to have him for our wedding! I would recommend him to anybody.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/15/2018

John was awesome! He not only booked us once but was so accommodating when we wanted to move our wedding back a year. He also adjusted his music package to fit our needs perfectly and always responded via email or text quickly. The day of he really took charge and guided the reception along perfectly. We had 0 troubles! The dance floor was packed all night!!!! It was such a pleasure and I truly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/02/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much Courtney!! I’m happy that you, Tyler and Peyton had a memorable day and am honored that you had me be a part of it. Even a year later.... it was worth the wait. :)