DJ Cox Entertainment Reviews

DJ Cox Entertainment 7
  • Ben

Ben Frotscher · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Great experience throughout

John was a perfect DJ for our recent wedding. He great when it came to planning for the big day, and when the day arrived, the experience went swimmingly. If we needed a DJ in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

Sent on 05/24/2019

Alexie · Married on 08/17/2019

Supple Wedding

Choosing to have John as our DJ/MC on our wedding day was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! He met with us a couple times before the wedding to get to know us and get a game plan for our wedding. He was always quick at responding to any emails we sent him. But what sticks out to me most is how he handled our night. The caterer was an hour late and we quickly came up with a game plan that made it seem like it was the plan for the night all along! Then he literally had the dance floor jam packed from dinner until the last song! All we wanted at our reception was for our family and friends to have an amazing time and have the dance floor full. Didn’t matter what age he entertained everyone! We had endless compliments on our DJ! I don’t think it could have gone any better! Thanks for making our day/night one we will never forget! #ItsRadToBeASupple

Sent on 08/18/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Lexie. :) It was a HUGE party and I’m glad I could be a part of your day. Congratulations once again to you and Justin!!

Kate · Married on 07/20/2019

Dj john cox was amazing!

I don't think my husband and I could have chosen a better DJ for our wedding. He was absolutely amazing. He played everything we wanted, kept it PG early in the night for grandparents/kids, he was interactive with guests, and had everyone dancing all night.
    Prior to the wedding (we were planning from CA and were married in IA), John was extremely helpful. When we cane home for visits before the bug day, he made time for us and truly made an effort to know us, attended the rehearsal, interviewed our parents and so much more. It made our wedding night even more special than we could have hoped for.
    Our experience was as perfect as it could get and I believe DJ John Cox contributed to making the entire day run as smoothly as it did. He was AMAZING.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Emily · Married on 06/01/2019

The Best!!

John was fantastic and we cannot recommend him highly enough. From our initial meeting, he was incredibly helpful in planning details of our day that we hadn't even thought of. He took time to get to know us so we felt like we had a friend as our MC for the evening. He was exceedingly professional while keeping a relaxed and fun vibe. Communicating song requests ahead of time was simple with an easy-to-use app, and he played a great variety that kept our guests dancing until the very end. We couldn't have asked for better music and entertainment and would absolutely hire him again!

Sent on 06/17/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Emily!! It was my pleasure to be a part of your and Jonathan’s wedding. I hope you two had a great “mini-honeymoon” in Wisconsin and I look forward to seeing how you both grow as a couple.
    Thank you and congratulations once again!!

Skylar · Married on 05/25/2019

150% Worth every penny

John was absolutely amazing from the first meeting! When we were picking our DJ for the wedding we had no idea what we were doing. Through the whole process John was fantastic! He was easy to meet with, get a hold of, and was a great asset for our wedding. With his help we had a blast at our wedding, the music and lighting he provided went with everything we could imagine! He even had our photographers signing and dancing along!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Jennie & Jj Wombacher · Married on 04/27/2019

Made our wedding a dream come true!

Highly recommend! We didn't worry about a thing! DJ John Cox made our wedding a dream come true, it was perfect! He tailored everything to make sure our day, was OUR day! His experience and passion for his profession made an everlasting good impression on all our guests, our wedding was the best!

Sent on 07/19/2019

Ethan Thompson · Married on 11/17/2018

DJ Cox is the Gold Standard for wedding DJs in Eastern Iowa

John is a true professional. He was always very organized, direct, and punctual. He met with us several months before our wedding to figure out our preferences of music, activities, and overall vibe we were looking for. He hit it right on the nose. John had the dance floor full from the time he started the music, until it was time to leave. He truly made the experience seamless, and we were very pleased that he kept our guests engaged and having fun throughout the night. He was well worth it and we would highly recommend to anyone who asked us. Thank you, John!

Sent on 11/29/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Ethan!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for your wedding day! I want to thank you and Rachel for topping off my wedding season with your wedding. I couldn’t have asked for a better couple or a better party!!! My only regret is that we had to stop! :)
    Thank you for your kind words and review and I wish you and Rachel the absolute best!!

Mariah Jensen · Married on 11/10/2018

Couldn't have wanted anything more!

We had such a great time with DJ Cox at our wedding. He was so responsive to our requests! His personality was so fantastic- we felt like we had known him for years. Everyone at our wedding got up to dance because he played such a wide variety of music that EVERYONE loves. He went above and beyond the DJ role with his fantastic MCing as well. He made the each part so easy for us, and we are so grateful he made our day so wonderful.

Sent on 11/18/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mariah!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for you and Alec. I had a great time and wish you two the best!! Have fun at the Vikings game on your mini honeymoon. :)

Shana · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing!!!!

John was more than wonderful! My husband and I were made to think about aspects of our night that wouldn’t have been thought of prior than without John. He was professional and personable and we had soo many compliments about him from our guests! Anytime we will have a party in need of a DJ we will definitely call John!

Sent on 11/14/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Shana!! It was my pleasure to be your MC and DJ for your beautiful wedding. I am glad I could make it the day you wanted. :)
    Have fun on your honeymoon!!!
    And congratulations once again!!

Luke · Married on 11/03/2018

I give you my word, this is the guy you want to be your DJ!

My best friend told me when we were planning our day to make sure to get a great DJ it will make or break your party. DJ COX you made our party and I can’t thank you enough! From first correspondence to the last it was a perfect 10. And as far as value he is not the cheapest, but there is reasons for that he has great equipment and he knows exactly what to do! I will be recommending him to all of my friends or family getting married.

Sent on 11/21/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

I’m humbled by your words Luke. Thank you! You and Shana made my night. Thank you both for letting me be a part of your wedding day. Everything looked great, including the bride and groom. :)
    I had a great time and again thank you for letting me be a part of it.
    Congratulations and I wish you and Shana the absolute best!!! :)

Tiffany Yazel · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome DJ Service

Our guests are still telling us how great of a time they had all night! John knew exactly what we wanted and we could tell he took some time and effort to make sure everything was perfect! The night was amazing!

Sent on 11/18/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Tiff, I appreciate that. :) I had a great time with you and Taylor and your guests!!! The venue looked great and you two looked awesome!! Thank you for having me and have a great time in Denver!!! I’m jealous!!

Brooke Freund · Married on 10/06/2018

Best. DJ. Ever.

My review is simple: John is one of the most friendly, most flexible, reliable and worth-the-money vendors I’ve ever worked with. As two hardcore workaholics, my now-husband and I, had NO time to mess around with someone that wasn’t professional and ON IT. Just to tout his flexibility, our first meeting had to be rescheduled a couple times due to snow and ice and other Iowa pleasantries :) John was delightfully responsive and met us when and where WE were able to convene. He carefully and meticulously walked us through (among several lovely meetups) what our perfect wedding reception would look like. He always made us feel like we were in charge, but with a firm, knowledgeable background to guide. And then the cherry on top? Our reception went EXACTLY the way we planned: intros, speeches, vibe, (lights! Get the lighting package!), and of course the music. Hire him. Now.

Sent on 01/05/2019

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Brooke! I loved being a part of your wedding and am humbled by your words.
    I show off your venue, Museum of Art Cedar Rapids, to all my couples. That was a great place to light and show off.
    Thank you again and tell Max we still need to get together for drinks. :)
    Congratulations Mrs. Freund

Mackenzie · Married on 09/29/2018

DJ Cox has been wonderful and so easy to work with. We are so excited to have him for our wedding! I would recommend him to anybody.

Sent on 03/09/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/15/2018

John was awesome! He not only booked us once but was so accommodating when we wanted to move our wedding back a year. He also adjusted his music package to fit our needs perfectly and always responded via email or text quickly. The day of he really took charge and guided the reception along perfectly. We had 0 troubles! The dance floor was packed all night!!!! It was such a pleasure and I truly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 10/02/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much Courtney!! I’m happy that you, Tyler and Peyton had a memorable day and am honored that you had me be a part of it. Even a year later.... it was worth the wait. :)

Matt · Married on 08/11/2018

It starts off with the very acceptable pricing. You then get to see his attention to detail when you have your meeting with him. His experience shines through. He has a lot of ideas. He keeps your day and night flowing perfectly and knows how to keep the crowd dancing. Perfect!

Sent on 08/13/2018
    DJ Cox Entertainment 8

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Matt!!! I’m glad you and Kati had a good time and I appreciate your kind words and review! It was a lot of fun entertaining your guests and let Gage know he can fiddle with the best of them!! :)
    Have a great honeymoon and come into the wheel soon to see me!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2018

DJ Cox was great and very helpful. Accommodated every song request and got guests dancing.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Jason Martinez · Married on 07/07/2018

Outstanding!!!!

We had an amazing experience with John. He made our wedding day exceptional and was amazing throughout the entire reception. I would highly recommend him for anyone looking for an excellent, responsive and professional DJ that understands how important it is to set the mood for a wedding reception. Additionally, John helped set the reception hall with his additional back lighting and his own sound system.

Sent on 07/18/2019
    DJ Cox Entertainment 9
    DJ Cox Entertainment 10
    DJ Cox Entertainment 11
    DJ Cox Entertainment 12
    DJ Cox Entertainment 13

Becky · Married on 06/02/2018

John was the DJ for my daughter's wedding on 6/2/18. He was amazing! Very personable and made every effort to get to know the couple and make sure their wedding was run just how they wanted! He had the sound system to run the outdoor wedding as well as the indoor reception. We received many compliments from our guests and were even asked if he was a personal friend of the bride and groom because he seemed to know them so well! (He had never met either until after we booked him as the DJ for the wedding.) I would highly recommend DJ Cox for your next event!

Sent on 06/04/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Becky! I loved getting to know Caitlin and Sean and being a part of their wedding.
    From the ceremony to the sparkler send off!!! It was a beautiful day and a beautiful wedding.
    Thank you again!

Caitlin · Married on 06/02/2018

John is amazing! Not only was the music for the dance and reception great, but he did our ceremony (outdoors) as well! I was pretty picky about the songs and the timing of the songs and he got it all just perfect! But that's not the best part...you will never find a more personal DJ than John. He went on a wild goose-chase for a song that I wanted my brother to sing and he ended up having to get a license to play the song. It took over a month to get the song but he did it and it made me so happy! Everything was perfect and I had LOTS of guests say to my parents and me at the reception "YOUR DJ IS THE BEST!!"

Sent on 06/12/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much Caitlin!!! It was my pleasure to make your day as special as it deserves. I hope you and Sean had a great honeymoon in Canada and thank you for the great review!!

Kendra · Married on 05/20/2018

John was amazing. He was there to play music during dinner, for the ceremony and the reception. He made everything really fun. We had some specific music choices for walking down the aisle and he catered to them perfectly even throwing in some fun along the way. He was very professional and obviously knows what he is doing. His set-up is amazing. Best DJ I have come across and I even used to DJ!

Sent on 06/25/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much Kendra!! This was my first “themed” wedding and it fit you two perfectly!! The storms troopers were a surprise for everyone and I think Jesse appreciated his gift as well. :)
    Thank you for letting me be a part of your beautiful wedding!!!

Molly · Married on 01/20/2018

From the moment we meet John, my husband and I knew he was going to be perfect for our wedding. He played a huge role in making the reception the fun party and cherished memory that it has become. His sound equipment is excellent and everything sounded perfect. Anytime my husband or i put in a music request, it was always the next to be played. He also provided the uplighting which made the dinner and dancing look beautiful. We highly recommend him!!!

Sent on 01/27/2018

DJ Cox Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much Molly!! Everything was beautiful that day. From the venue to the bride! And Jared looked good too! ;)
    I'm very grateful that you let me be a part of your elegant wedding day!!
    Congratulations to you and Jared and enjoy that honeymoon!!!

Patrick · Married on 01/13/2018

Booked DJ Cox for our banks holiday party and he did a great job! He kept people involved and played a wide variety of music. He also edited some of the song requests to keep it appropriate. The light show and music videos was a great extra. Will book again.

Sent on 01/16/2018

Briana · Married on 10/14/2017

Make sure you book in advance!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Justin · Married on 10/14/2017

John did an amazing job. My wife and I were very picky about who we chose to represent us at our wedding and we could not be happier with who we chose for our entertainment. Johns level of professionalism and ability to keep the crowd engaged and on their feet the whole party was very impressive, his intro's and commentary throughout the night were something you don't see in most DJ's. I would recommend John to my closest family and Friends.

Sent on 10/26/2017