DJ Compass Reviews

DJ Compass 7
  • Rogelio

Rogelio Delgado · Married on 05/04/2019

Highest recommendation!!

I absolutely can not praise Jeff enough. He elevated my wedding from what would have been “good” to “phenomenal”. He is a wonderful entertainer and coordinator- which are super important qualities for a wedding DJ. He has a fantastic and charming personality and I could not be more pleased with his performance, from soup to nuts. My crowd of over 100 was thoroughly entertained the entire night due in large part to how engaged Jeff was the entire time. He even went above and beyond while we were setting up, helping out where he could. If you are considering Jeff, please just do yourself a favor and book him NOW. Thanks again for being a fantastic DJ and ultimately, friend of the family.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Caitlin Torpey · Married on 01/26/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Jeff was amazing during our wedding! He kept the energy up, the dance floor full, and the guests amused. I would recommend him to anyone searching for a DJ in a heartbeat. Thanks for making our wedding so memorable DJ Compass! :)
    -The Torpeys

Sent on 01/30/2019

Breann · Married on 10/06/2018

Super Outgoing and Professional

DJ Compass, aka Jeff, started doing DJ services after seeing how expensive DJs were during his own wedding. And despite his humble start he was fantastic. My mom and I were looking for a cheaper DJ and were walking passed him at the Seattle Wedding Expo when I first saw him. He clearly has a nerdy side to him, which is different than most DJs, but I would highly suggest looking into him more before you disregard him. I watched him go up to a little girl in front of me and purposefully pick a pink flashing ring (the rings are an iconic piece for him) and get down so he was eye level with the girl and give her the ring. I was sold; I thought it was adorable. I got in contact with him later so that my husband could talk to him as well. We live in Port Orchard and were able to schedule a meeting with him in Tacoma as a half way point. My husband then meet with him, and we agreed we really liked him. He was very understanding of our schedule (I worked late) and would call after 8pm so we could both be present for conversations. His wife does a lot of the emailing and they both very responsive. For events he always dresses in a black tux. He has two sets of equipment so if you have multiple areas that need music set up he can accommodate. When we hired him his rates were 200 an hour with minimum of 4 hours. He charges extra if he has to stay the night somewhere due to the distance (which we paid because our wedding was in Tacoma). All of our guests really liked him. I am still getting compliments for his excitement and DJing abilities. The rings were a hit and everyone had one, if not multiple, as they danced. He had a great plan that we followed almost exactly for the timing of wedding/reception. He knew a lot about different traditions done at receptions and knew how to add them in so everything flowed right. And day of when things changed he did it without struggle or problems. I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 03/19/2019
  • Aaron

Aaron · Married on 09/03/2018

We interviewed over ten DJs and found DJ Compass to be the best one for our wedding. He is super amiable, empathic, and just an overall fun guy to work with. On our first meeting a couple came up to him (who had heard his pitch) and asked for his business card because they were so impressed. Unlike most other DJs he has a unique approach to guaranteeing a blissful wedding. Specifically, he is not just a traditional DJ who spins songs and sits back while the party continues, but also a masterful MC (Master of Ceremony) that makes sure that the wedding stays on track, that everyone is involved in the dancing, while leading games and dances. Another unique aspect about DJ Compass is that he is part wedding coordinator and works very closely with the venue, photographer, and interior decorators to make sure the wedding goes as smoothly and close to plan as possible. He paid careful attention to the Bride and Groom by making sure we were fed, both with food and drink. Finally, he was always willing to deviate from the schedule where necessary, including punching in a few more toasts from family/friends, changing the song lineup, and staying later than we had originally planned. Not surprisingly, after the wedding many people remarked on how he was the best DJ/MC they had ever seen at a wedding. It was a pleasure to work with DJ Compass and we are so happy to have selected him.

Sent on 09/23/2018

Michelle · Married on 08/18/2018

Jeff was absolutely amazing while working our wedding reception. We both received countless compliments during and after our wedding from our guests and members of the wedding party. He went above and beyond to make sure everyone was having a blast. He is without a doubt worth every penny and more!!!

Sent on 08/21/2018

Jasmine · Married on 08/11/2018

Jeff was AMAZING! I knew from the end of our consultation that we were in great hands. Our wedding went off without a hitch and we couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and MC. He kept the party moving and had to have sound in three different locations and it all sounded wonderful. Thank you DJ Compass for making my wedding amazing.

Sent on 08/12/2018

Janet · Married on 08/03/2018

We hired Jeff to DJ our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. WHAT A HIT! From the start, Jeff was enthusiastic and professional. We requested a PARTY, and he delivered. Jeff gave us everything from acoustic guitar for the ceremony, jazz and blues during cocktail hour, Frank Sinatra at dinner and every great dance song produced in the last 40 years during our reception. The music was fun, and the dance floor rocked the entire night! The glow rings were a blast... I didn't think my guests would go for it, but I could not have been more wrong. In the middle of my favorite song, I looked at the DJ table to give Jeff a thumbs up, and saw him busy in a dance-off with a few of our guests... AWESOME! Show up at your wedding ready to have a blast and let Jeff Olsen do the rest. HIRE JEFF!

Sent on 09/22/2018
    DJ Compass 8
    DJ Compass 9
    DJ Compass 10
    DJ Compass 11

Emily Collier · Married on 06/29/2018

The BEST wedding decision I made

DJ Compass was the BEST decision I made when planning my wedding! He was very professional and organized when helping my husband and i figure out what we wanted from our wedding reception. I’m a member of the Church of a Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and normally wedding receptions that happen in our culture are more like open houses, and not a fun, dancing reception event. I wanted my reception to be different, and because of DJ Compass it was!! I have never been to a reception with so many people dancing who would normally be unwilling to dance, and so many people having an absolute blast! Jeff also kept the reception organized and moving and helped make sure what we wanted to happen, happened. He is so fun and we are so thankful that we chose him to help us out with our special day!

Sent on 10/27/2018
    DJ Compass 12
    DJ Compass 13
    DJ Compass 14
    DJ Compass 15
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 06/13/2018

The best dj ever

Jeff was absolutely amazing!! I cannot recommend him enough for any wedding. From having already planned ideas to knowing exactly what song to play and when, I had no doubts at any point in the day/night about music. He had people on the dance floor that I had never seen get up and dance. Not only that, but he led group dances throughout the night that I still have people talking about how fun they were. I was so impressed with his professionalism throughout the whole process, I could not have asked for a better DJ for my wedding. Jeff truly takes the time to get to know you and what you would like for your wedding, and it is evident that he cares about you and what you want. I am so glad that we found him and he was a part of our day. I still have people coming up to us saying how amazing the DJ at our wedding was.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Tanya · Married on 05/12/2018

AMAZING! There aren't enough words to express our gratitude to Jeff Olson for the tremendous job he did. We had SO many compliments from guests, saying it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to and it was mostly due to Jeff and his hard work. He was everywhere he needed to be, brought us some appetizers while we did photos, checked in with myself and the bridesmaids all evening to make sure things were happening the way my groom and I wanted.

At the end, someone requested he play the Can-Can and in seconds it was being played. The best man used his phone to play the Star Wars theme during his speech and again, in moments Jeff had it playing on the speakers. We joked that he should be a wedding coordinator because he was more on top of everything than anyone there!

The only way you would not want to hire Jeff (DJ Compass) is if you want a stuffy, formal affair - however, I'm sure he would handle that with the upmost professionalism and grace imaginable. He is tremendous at reading the crowd and adjusting accordingly.

Of all our vendors, he is the only one that did not do something that raised a complaint from the crowd or bridal party. Not one ill spoken word, only praise. Thank you Jeff!!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Angelina · Married on 04/21/2018

Long story short: Jeff is awesome, recommending him to other couples is an absolute honor and joy!
    The planning details: We met Jeff at the Tacoma Wedding Expo, and out of all the DJs there, he immediately stood out to us with his professionalism, and fun, welcoming personality, which is so important for a DJ/MC.
    Jeff followed up after the Expo, but he wasn’t pushy with his communications, unlike some other vendors we met there. Jeff was super accommodating regarding the meeting location, and once we talked through Jeff’s approach to MC-ing the wedding, we were 100% sure that we wanted Jeff as our DJ. What sold us the most about Jeff was: 1. his super fun, bubbly personality, 2. the fact that he is mainly a wedding DJ, which made him a pro at addressing possible awkward/ stressful situations. Jeff was very helpful in the planning process, he shared the day-off coordinators he enjoyed working with, and through his recommendations we found our day-off. He also agreed to have a second meeting a month before, which isn’t “required”, but was important for us as a piece of mind. Lastly, Jeff was very accommodating to us timing wise, as we filled our “song” preferences at the very last minute, basically less than a week before the event. We also shared a list of songs we wanted played for dancing, cocktail hour, reception less than a week before the wedding, and Jeff had them all, and played them as we instructed.
    The Big Day: Jeff brought the party! Every single guest (we swear), and all other vendors had complimented our DJ to us after the party. Every single guest, of all age categories, was dancing. And I believe we owed it mostly to Jeff (and some to the signature cocktail ;) ). He actually led the limbo and the cupid shuffle. Jeff was also very thoughtful. When we were doing our portraits during the cocktail hour, Jeff brought us some appetizers. Well, I don’t know what else to say to convince you that Jeff is the BEST DJ for your wedding!

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jani · Married on 04/07/2018

DJ Compass(Jeff) was absolutely amazing!!! We had so many people say our wedding was the most fun they had ever had at a wedding. I definitely contribute this to amazing job our DJ did,we did interactive games with the guest,the music was exactly what we asked for,and he coordated our wedding perfectly!! I highly recommend DJ Compass for your next event!!!

Sent on 04/13/2018
    DJ Compass 16

Ksandra · Married on 03/31/2018

I seriously couldn’t wait to leave a review for this dj. He is amazing. He saved the day also. Our photo booth company cancelled on us and didn’t inform us until an hour after they were supposed to be there. He made some calls, pulled some strings, and by the time the reception started, he had a photo booth in our venue!! He got on the dance floor and danced with the guests, they all loved his games, and he kept the party rolling until the very last song. We got so many compliments. It was awesome!!! Thank you so so much Jeff - aka DJ Compass. I will recommend you to EVERYONE. And so will our guests!!

Sent on 04/01/2018

Laura · Married on 02/24/2018

Jeff is so fun and energetic! He's an excellent choice of a DJ and really helps the party flow!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Ashlyn · Married on 10/19/2017

I am also a wedding vendor and I have worked with DJ Compass. I’ve worked with many DJ’s and Compass is by far my favorite! He gets the party started and keeps up with the fun! Never a dull moment when you hire DJ Compass!

Sent on 02/11/2018