DJ-Chicago Reviews

133 Reviews for DJ-Chicago

1 User photo

DJ-Chicago 1

Tammie · Married on 06/24/2011

DJ Chicago is amazing! Mark, the owner, DJ our wedding and our dance floor was packed all night. We gave him a list of must play songs and do not play songs and let him do the rest. He did great reading the crowd and the dance floor never once cleared! Introductions were great and he was very professional overall. Not cheesy at all! Mark was also great during the planning process. And best of all the rates are very very reasonable for the city of Chicago. I would highly recommend DJ Chicago to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/16/2011

Jennie · Married on 05/21/2011

We used DJ Chicago a few weeks ago for our wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anybody. We met with our DJ, Alec, a few weeks before the wedding and he walked through our playlist and made it a fun,simple process. On the day of, he was on time, professional, easy to communicate with, and played music we requested. He was just so easy to work with, it made the day run smooth and kept people dancing...HIGHLY recommend to anybody!

Sent on 06/08/2011

Eileen · Married on 06/05/2010

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. I can't say enough about how great our DJ was. We worked with Matt, although Mark (the company owner) was also great in helping get everything organized ahead of time. Matt was SO GOOD... the dance floor was literally packed all night... and I have the photos to prove it! The next morning I had so many people tell me it was the "MOST FUN WEDDING THEY'D EVER BEEN TO". Matt also did such an awesome job of getting the bridal party together when needed (for example, during the entrance), and believe me we are not an easy crowd to round up! He handled everything SO well, so smoothly, and I just cannot say enough about how good he was. We've already had people ask for their contact information. Thanks, Matt! Hopefully you're still in the business next time we need a DJ!

Sent on 06/09/2010

Tricia · Married on 10/24/2009

We were really thrilled with DJ Chicago for our wedding. Alec was our DJ, and he did a GREAT job. He was so professional and unobtrusive, but also extremely attentive, always checking in with us to make sure we like what he was playing and to give us a heads-up when some of the special songs we requested were going to play. He also was a lot of fun and played great music - the dance floor was packed all night. We absolutely loved him and had so much fun at our wedding. The owner, Mark, did my friend's wedding a couple months before ours and it was the same - great music all night without interruptions.

We picked DJ Chicago because their philosophy is to play good music and stay out of the way, which was exactly what we wanted. They are very professional, do their jobs great, but don't take the spotlight or do any of the cheesy stuff that DJs often do. They keep the focus on the music and the party. Another thing they do really well is change the music when a song is on that nobody is dancing to - it's all about making sure people are dancing and that they're playing what people will dance to, not what they like. They may seem a little rushed sometimes in the initial meetings, but that's because they do this all the time and they really do know what they're doing. They were always happy, though, to take a few more minutes to answer any specific questions I had. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/08/2009

Nicole · Married on 05/30/2009

DJ Chicago says they take pride in getting to know their audience and their tastes - I couldn't agree more.

We envisioned one big party and we can't do that without the music. Our favorite meetings were the two we had with DJ Chicago. They nailed us immediately. And the night itself went off without a hitch.

The DJ that we were paired with us was a PERFECT fit!

We would recommend them to anyone and quite honestly use them again for services.

Sent on 06/17/2009

Krissy · Married on 01/17/2009

I loved having DJ Chicago as our DJ. We had Mark Rankin and he was amazing. He played all of the songs we requested in advance and really helped with the flow of the evening. I definitely recommend using DJ Chicago!

Sent on 02/04/2009

Caitlin · Married on 08/23/2008

Not a bad word can be said for Mark at DJ Chicago. In fact, since our wedding on 8/23, they have booked two other events from people that were at our wedding and loved the DJ. They do not talk a lot on the microphone and they allow their music to speak. They read the crowd well and adjust the music accordingly so everyone has a great time. They are a dream to work with in planning. Also, at the end of the night, we were handed CD-ROMs of the music they played at the wedding so we can enjoy it again. I highly recommend DJ Chicago.

Sent on 11/06/2008

Kelly · Married on 02/02/2008

We loved DJ Chicago! We were able to choose ALL of our songs and make a list of songs that we did not want played. Our DJ was Alec, and he adhered to our list and was very pleasant to work with. He did a great job of MCing the evening. I would highly recommend DJ Chicago for any event.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2007

I loved DJ chicago. SO professional. No cheese. Everyone commented on how great Mark was, would HIGHLY recommend. We had a smaller wedding (~100 people) and he still managed to keep the dance floor packed.

Sent on 07/16/2008

Cassandra · Married on 11/10/2007

Our DJ Matt was awesome! He played all of the music my husband and I as well as our guests requested!! It was great!

Sent on 07/07/2008

Andrea · Married on 09/01/2007

This DJ company is exceedingly professional and the guy who was present at our wedding was perfect! Great tunes, great energy without being over-the-top, and well-priced. Very flexible too, as we decided kind of late to have them DJ the cocktail hour which was in a separate location. There was absolutely no fuss.

Sent on 05/19/2008

Kristen · Married on 07/14/2007

Mark was our DJ and we are still recommending DJ Chicago to all of our friends. He was extremely professional and kept people on the dance floor the entire reception. He knew what music to choose when there were different crowds on the dance floor. He was extremely organized and made me feel very comfortable about the flow of the reception. He was reasonable priced, very professional, and very dedicated to making sure that the bride and groom have the best possible music. You can't go wrong with Mark from DJ Chicago.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Susan · Married on 07/07/2007

DJ Chicago was SOOO experienced and helpful. They provided our ceremony, reception, and luncheon music. I would contact them again for any other events.

Sent on 07/25/2008

Kara · Married on 09/30/2006

our favorite vendor from our wedding. we picked this comany because we they pride themselves on being "un-Cheesy" we didn't want cheesy line dances, etc.
    the owner of DJ Chicago, Mark Rankin was a pleasure to work with.
    our dancefloor was PACKED all night! I highly reccomend DJ Chicago.

Sent on 06/04/2008

Tim · Married on 09/15/2018

We hired DJ-Chicago for our wedding and couldn't be happier with the work they did. Specifically Nick was so easy to work with. Firstly he's a really nice guy which helps, but he also has a great sense for people and he got my style perfectly. It was like he was in my brain! We got so many compliments about our DJ and Nick legitimately helped make our wedding day spectacular. Their prices are completely reasonable and you just need to hire them.

Sent on 10/04/2018

We had Nick for our DJ and used him for the ceremony, dinner hour and reception music. He nailed the ceremony music and transitions during the professional. The music during dinner was exactly what we wanted - great mix of crooner music but still upbeat to prevent anyone from getting sleepy.

I cannot even begin to express how awesome the "party" portion of the reception was - no one left the dance floor! The music was spot on and if it didn't seem like the room liked a song he immediately read into it and switched over to something different. My matron of honor actually came up to me and said "Could he play a bad song so we can leave the dance floor for a minute... my feet hurt"

Nick was so attentive to us and ensured we were getting exactly what we needed - I would absolutely recommend DJ Chicago (and Nick specifically) to anyone. It was a pleasure working with them and the value was outstanding.

Sent on 10/03/2015

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

Rating sums it up - as good as it gets! Mark was approachable, knowledgeable, and great to work with. He was flexible and professional - giving us plenty of information and guidance, but also plenty of freedom to make the process our own. We were paired with Chris, the DJ for our wedding, who was equally professional and courteous. He was respectful of our needs and wants, but also promising of using his skills to make the event the best it could be.

Services for the actual event were amazing! We had Chris helping with our ceremony and cocktail hour (prior to reception). In both instances, Chris was present, professional, prepared, and active in making sure all was well and doing what he could to mitigate any potential issues or complications. This was evidenced by his omnipresence and lack of complications. He also helped advise and give direction to navigate schedule issues we were experiencing (outside of his/our control - related to food/guest). His experience and feedback was valuable and necessary for us to best move forward in modifying our timeline for the event (transitioning from dinner/speeches to reception/dancing).

That said, once music/dancing started, my husband, myself, and majority of the guests never left the dance floor. So many people commented on the DJ being fantastic. Additionally, everyone was surprised at how people of all ages were active on the dance floor all night. Chris took our list of possible songs and built off of it, put songs in an order that was balanced and energetic, and kept the party steadily pushing forward.

I cannot recommend them enough - great people, reasonable prices, amazing services. Check them out!

Sent on 12/14/2014

Dave · Married on 05/01/2010

Mark DJ'd our wedding on May 1st a Pazzo's and we couldn't be happier with his services. He was extremely professional and kept the reception running like a fine Swiss timepiece. His timing was flawless and his coordination with the reception event coordinator was seamless. The introductions, speeches and first dance went off without a hitch and he nailed some extremely difficult names during the introductions of our wedding party.

Once the father-daughter dance was over the dance floor was packed until they kicked us out at 11:30. Even then he was great and announced that the party was moving to the W hotel. HE ROCKED IT! My friends are still complimenting me on what a great party it was.

The DJ-Chicago web site was very helpful when picking out songs for all aspects of the night: introductions, first dance, father-daughter dance etc. He didn’t play anything on our do-not-play list and he worked in the few must have songs we requested. As Cub fans we wanted him to play Go Cubs Go at some point during the night and he managed to work that in to the mix along with House of Pain’s “Jump Around”. A pretty diverse mix, but he made it all work.

I highly recommend DJ-Chicago. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 05/18/2010

Hillary · Married on 05/24/2009

DJ Chicago was great! They kept the dance floor packed all night, were so responsive in all communication prior to the wedding and was a great value. I would highly recommend to anyone and would definitely use again.

Sent on 07/07/2009

Katie · Married on 02/21/2009

Our DJ was Mark and he was great! He kept the party going all night and helped us keep everything running on schedule.

Sent on 05/30/2009

Katherine · Married on 09/01/2007

Mark Rankin, the owner, was our DJ and he was amazing. He was completely professional through the whole process, emailed me back right away when I had questions and had our guests on the dance floor the entire time. Highly recommend him and this company.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Christine · Married on 10/10/2009

We loved working with Mark from DJ Chicago. Our dance floor was packed most of the night and I even recieved comments from friends and family about how much they enjoyed the DJ.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Laura · Married on 09/15/2007

Our DJ was Alec and he was great. We were not that helpful during our meeting with him and said that we like everything and each song he played was great and the dance floor was always full. We were a little worried about this vendor before the meeting, when we met with the owner Mark because he didn't seem too helpful, however, our DJ was great. I would recommend this vendor because the price is good and the service is great.

Sent on 11/07/2007

ruth · Married on 03/01/2007

Put on a great show!

Sent on 11/09/2008

Andrea · Married on 01/05/2007

DJ-Chicago was great to work with. Reasonable and definitely listened to our needs.

Sent on 05/03/2008