DJ-Chicago Reviews

133 Reviews for DJ-Chicago

1 User photo

DJ-Chicago 1

Brie · Married on 11/08/2014

If you're planning a wedding - hire DJ Chicago, it's a must! They are so good, they'll make the groom (that's me) split his tuxedo jacket in half from dancing so hard. Everyone will have an awesome time. Seriously. I literally split my tux jacket in half from dancing so hard. That's how good DJ Chicago is. That's how great of a time you will have. If you don't believe me, call up Modernly Formal Tuxedo and ask them about the split tux that came back.

Mark was GREAT to work with. He was receptive, offered good suggestions and did a really nice job following up with us if we went MIA for a few days (you know how wedding planning goes..) My wife and I met with him at his office twice ahead of the wedding - first to talk details, and secondly to review music options a few weeks prior to our wedding.

Nick DJ'd our wedding (at Artango) and he was AWESOME! So awesome. I highly recommend him. He knew just what to play during dinner to keep things classy, and what to play during the reception to keep the party going. Nick did and EXCELLENT job on announcements and introductions. He was genuinely interested in our wedding, our guests and in making sure we had a perfect evening.

Hire DJ Chicago, work with Mark and grab Nick to DJ your wedding - you will be glad you did!

Sent on 12/29/2014

They were awesome! My fiancé and I met with the owner, Mark and Gil (who DJ'd our wedding) and they were very kind and had helpful insights in the music world. They liked our song list choice and I was super excited that they were knowledgeable with my Salsa and Merengue options. Gil was great the day of the wedding with also being our M.C. My fiancé and I had a great time! We also had guests who said they loved the DJ and they too had a blast!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Natalie · Married on 10/17/2014

We are so happy that we used DJ Chicago for our wedding.

My husband and I did not want a DJ that would dominate our reception with "cheesy" antics. Mark delivered. He was professional, kept everything on track, and most importantly played music that aligned with our tastes.

Our dance floor was packed all night, with the young and older guests alike.

Thank you!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Heidi · Married on 10/10/2014

DJ Mark of DJ- Chicago is amazing! I booked him a year ago for my old hollywood glam wedding. During the year we worked together, we had regular communication, which was important since I was planning this wedding from Portland, OR. I was beyond pleased when we were able to meet a few months before the event to hammer out some details. Mark is one of those DJ's that can get an impression of exactly what you want just by you naming a few songs that are important to you. I would say "what's that one song"... and he knew exactly what I was talking about.

The actual wedding was a smash hit, he had the crowd going and started off the reception with a bang. He also was able to wrangle my crazy wedding party during the lineup- he's a pro. I would definitely recommend Mark and his company for any event! Thanks Mark!

Sent on 10/15/2014

Ellen · Married on 10/04/2014

We hired DJ Chicago and their DJ Chris for our wedding. The music and dancing exceeded our expectations, and we would hire DJ Chicago and Chris again in a heart beat.
    DJ Chicago was easy and fun to work with. We met with the owner and Chris a few weeks before the wedding, and they helped us modify our music selections which made for a better party. We picked a lot of great music but some of it wasn't great for dancing. We also neglected to pick music that would appeal to our parents and older family members. Making these changes really paid off because these were the most popular songs with all of our guests! At the wedding, Chris did an excellent job getting guests on the dance floor. We couldn't believe the number of people on the dance floor - everyone from kids to my friends to my parents and relatives. Chris kept people on the dance floor by playing song after song that resonated with our guests. Additionally, the mother of the groom was missing right before the mother-groom dance! Thank you Chris for keeping the party going (and us relaxed) through the dead time between the formal dances.

Sent on 10/09/2014

Caryn · Married on 10/04/2014

I cannot express how grateful my husband and I are to have had the opportunity to have DJ Chicago as our wedding DJ. John, our DJ for the night, was a pleasure to work with the evening of our wedding. He was kind, professional, helpful and made the night run smoothly from the introductions until the last song of the evening. Not only did he play great music, but he was the wedding corridinator for the evening. We decided to have some non-conventional dinner music played, which we provided a playlist and had John add additional songs as needed. Dj Chicago welcomed this list and did not make me feel like I was stepping on their toes as professionals. John rocked our dinner playlist songs and we received so many compliments on our choices. After dinner, he kept the dance floor packed-which was exactly what we wanted. I cannot rave enough about how easy it was working with both Mark and John and will highly recommend DJ Chicago to anyone looking for a DJ (and anyone that will listen :) ) I must say I am a very pleased bride with this vendor choice. HIRE DJ CHICAGO- YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Lindsay · Married on 10/03/2014

I'll be honest, I booked DJ-Chicago because they were the least expensive. I could not honestly get my head around how expensive DJ's were and I figured the least expensive would be fine. But the thing that blew me away more than anything, was how fantastic they were. The DJ at our wedding was incredible! He read the room, took suggestions well, was nice and did exactly what we wanted. He played fantastic music all night and more than half of our guests commented on how great the music was. We had so many people dancing and having fun all the way to the end, and I know Chad had a lot to do with it.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Amber · Married on 09/27/2014

We were perhaps slightly biased because we knew Mark (the owner) in advance, but we had no direct experience at any of his events. My fiance set everything up, and while we were not able to get Mark that night, he promised us that we would not be disappointed. And boy, were we not! Chris was absolutely perfect - literally the best DJ I have ever seen at any wedding or other event. We met a little over a month before the wedding and threw a lot at Chris and Mark. My fiance and I like a variety of music styles, and Chris was able to get everything we wanted in during the evening at the perfect times. The dance floor was packed the entire evening with people ranging from 4 year olds to those in their 60s, many times with all on the floor at the same time. He found the perfect balance of oldies and current music, which was a concern to us given the age spread at the wedding. We would recommend Chris and DJ Chicago to anyone looking to plan an event where they want a fun, professional, affordable, detail oriented, personalized DJ.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 09/19/2014

Mark was the DJ for our Sept 19 wedding at Germania Place. We had a couple of meetings with him prior to the wedding, and he made us feel comfortable. He had great knowledge about the genres we liked, and was also so supportive of any special music requests that deviated from traditional wedding hits.

One of the main comments we've heard over and over from our guests is how great the DJ was! The DJ is SO important to any wedding, and we're just so glad that we chose Mark. He really did so much, as we didn't give him many titles to work with, mostly just vague directions.

The dance floor was packed all night (and our reception went until 1am), even to the very last song. There are event Facebook comments from guests that night raving about the DJ and dancing.

If you are planning a wedding or any other event - do yourself a favor, and talk to Mark!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Victoria · Married on 09/06/2014

Mark from DJ Chicago was AWESOME! He made our night. He is very well experienced and knew what to play when to keep our dance floor full the WHOLE night. He did a terrific job helping us plan songs for our ceremony, dances and our dance floor. He made sure the exact songs we requested were played. Also he did a fantastic job announcing our bridal party as they pronounce their names. We barely could leave the dance floor because the music was wonderful. We received compliments from wedding guests from several different generations stating how terrific the music was throughout our wedding day. We knew we wanted to use DJ Chicago for several years as 3 other friends had used him for their weddings (over the past 5 years) but it seems like every wedding he just gets better and better. We anticipate our friends will continue to book with DJ Chicago as the company is awesome and has always kept us on the dance floor!

Sent on 09/21/2014

Tina · Married on 08/31/2014

DJ Mark was awesome! He was able to pull off our special requests with ease and this allowed the day to run smoothly. He downloaded rare songs that we wanted, and played just what we wanted. He knew how to keep the dance floor full! My friends especially had a great time. Thanks Mark!!

Sent on 09/08/2014

Kathy · Married on 08/17/2014

We highly recommend DJ Chicago for your entertainment needs! DJ Chicago provided the entertainment for our wedding on 8/17/14. We, as well as our guests, had a fantastic time, and danced the time away.

Both Mark the owner, and Ruben, our DJ, were great to work with. They are professional, timely, and very accommodating. They listened to what we wanted, and worked with us in our song selections.

At the wedding, Ruben was instrumental in the flow of events from the ceremony, cake cutting, first dance...through the last dance. I can't say enough good things about DJ Chicago!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Emily · Married on 07/25/2014

DJ Chicago did an AMAZING job!!! Our friends and family were complimenting Mark all night and the next day!! He did such a great job keeping the timeline/flow of the night going smoothly and on schedule, plus he kept the dance floor packed the entire night, which is exactly what we wanted!! THANK YOU Mark for everything!! We couldn't have wanted more from you, you were awesome!! :

Sent on 08/25/2014
  • MissMadeline

Madeline · Married on 06/28/2014

DJ-Chicago was fantastic. We hired them based on the great reviews we found online. Every good thing we heard about DJ-Chicago was true. We met Mark and hired DJ-Chicago over a year before our wedding. He made the process anything but a chore and kept up with communication. On the day of the event, Mark was timely, professional, and efficient. Besides playing music that kept the guests dancing all night long, he kept us on schedule for the evening (which was no small feat!). If you are looking for a DJ for a wedding or any other event, stop your search and go with DJ-Chicago!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Amy · Married on 06/27/2014

Mark at DJ Chicago is hands down the best DJ we have ever experienced at a wedding! He was the DJ for two of my cousins who recently got married and their dance floor was packed all night long. When it was my turn to get married, we knew we had to talk to Mark! We still met with a few other companies, but DJ Chicago definitely had the best rates and a good vibe. Mark (owner) was super friendly and great to work with. We truly feel like he’s an expert in his field. Mark was flexible and responsible. He followed up with us when necessary and let us add a few creative touches for our introductions and first dances. The dance floor was PACKED the entire night and everyone was talking about what an amazing party we had. We gave Mark about 10 “must-play” songs and then gave him the freedom to read the crowd and choose the rest of the music. I’ve had so many people ask me for his playlist because they loved the songs he chose! If we had to do it all over again, he would 100% be our DJ again! You honestly can’t go wrong with him!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Dillon was our DJ and did an excellent job. He played a lot of great music and kept the dance floor busy the whole time!

Sent on 12/29/2014

5 out of 5 without question! Mark MC'd our wedding and did a fantastic job of working with us in advance of the event to select music, collaborate on songs and themes, and delivered on great music for the party.

Sent on 07/08/2014

DJ Chicago was amazing. They always responded to e-mails right away, were extremely well organized and on the day of, everyone was dancing to the point where almost no one stayed at their tables. We would recommend DJ Chicago to everyone!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Mark was amazing!!! We read great reviews about him so he was the only DJ we even looked at. We were not disappointed! We had a semi-ethnic wedding, and Mark did a great job mixing in the traditional music that we provided. He also listened to our likes and dislikes, and we loved every song he played. We wanted our wedding to be a big party and celebration. Mark helped us achieve just that! We highly recommend Mark. He's fabulous!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Mark did an amazing job!!! We could not be happier!! We live in Boston, but have a lot of family in Chicago, where we had our wedding. Mark was recommended to us by our friends, and hiring him is the best decision we made for our reception. He is incredibly professional while being very nice and personable, and has a great deal of experience and is fantastic at what he does. He directed our entire night, was super responsive to many changes and requests we made over email and phone leading up to the wedding. He worked with our schedules and was able to meet with us during our trips to Chicago. He respected our requests, and made great suggestions in terms of song choices and the overall flow of the evening. On the night of the wedding, he was super-attentive to our mixed crowd, and given that we had a smaller wedding, I was so pleased that he had most of our guests, old and young, dancing the night away! We had a fabulous time, and feel incredibly lucky that we had Mark and DJ-Chicago be in charge of our celebration. He is a great great MC and DJ - would absolutely recommend hiring him to anyone looking to enjoy their wedding without having to worry about the entertainment on the night of! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Sent on 12/02/2013
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 10/19/2013

Mark was our DJ for our October 19, 2013 wedding and from the very start did an amazing job. Upon meeting, he was very organized and immediately got a sense for what we wanted from a DJ. Mark always responded promptly to any changes or special requests we asked for between meetings. During the day of, he was great with our announcements and introductions and was SO easy to work with. As far as the music, he played a great variety of songs and had people on the dance floor all night long. You really cannot go wrong with DJ-Chicago!

Sent on 11/02/2013

Jana · Married on 10/19/2013

Chad at DJ Chicago provided the music for our ceremony and our wedding reception and did an excellent job. He expertly timed our requested music throughout the ceremony and kept the dance floor full throughout the reception. A good DJ is key to making sure a wedding is fun for everyone involved and Chad truly helped put our wedding in the fun category. We're still hearing from friends about how much fun they had at our wedding, especially on the dance floor.

Sent on 11/02/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/12/2013

My husband and I were extremely happy with These guys!!! They meet with you before hand and discuss all music!! It's very personalized! The dance floor stayed full and we had a very diverse wedding :-) we loved them and highly recommend them to everyone!! We had Reuben ( sorry if spelled wrong) and he was great!!! thank you so much Mark, Reuben, and DJ Chicago!!!! ( Amanda and Dan 10.12.13)

Sent on 02/18/2014

Patrick · Married on 07/27/2013

Congratulations if you're reading this you just found your DJ!

Mark was absolutely spectacular at my wedding - he actually made the music even better than I had imagined it ahead of time. In preparation for our wedding day, Mark took the time to discuss with us at length the types of music we liked and particular songs. We must've blasted a million ideas at him during our meetings, and this guy put it all together into an absolute masterpiece.

Even more, his transitions at the wedding were flawless. Mark seamlessly increased and decreased the tempo with matching BPM (beats per minute) songs. This is the sign of a true professional "master of ceremonies". And he actively responded to what the crowd was responding to, taking this thing to a whole other level. It was absolutely customized to my people and my night. Awesome.

My new wife and I are young lawyers and we dated for ten years so we really put a lot into our wedding. Mark is not just a cool guy, he is an absolute comfort to have around. He does things for you. He "takes care of that". He rounds people up for events, gives them a heads up before speeches, makes announcements, etc, etc, etc. Having people like Mark, who are doing things to take care of you and your guests when you're not even looking, is absolutely priceless.

If you just read this you're already in luck. Now book him before he's taken. I am recommending Mark to everyone I know, with the highest regards.

Sent on 08/09/2013

Debra · Married on 07/26/2013

Thank you Nick for doing such a great job at Emily and Tony's wedding! From the ceremony, to the video and dance you were professional and kept the party moving. I hope you had fun partying with us Huskers from Nebraska!!!

Sent on 08/07/2013