DJ-Chicago Reviews

1 User photo

DJ-Chicago 1
  • Ariel

Ariel · Married on 08/15/2019

A professional and a hit with the guests

We loved working with Nick at DJ Chicago. He made sure the night was about the music, and what music we wanted to hear. Dancing at my wedding was something I was very excited for, and he made sure I heard all the songs I wanted, and more importantly, nothing we didn't want. He didn't make it about him (I've seen DJs shout out their name and company during weddings and it is GROSS to me) and all of our guests kept telling us about how great the DJ was! If you care about what music is played at your wedding, you need to go with DJ Chicago.

Sent on 09/12/2019

Briana Hook · Married on 07/05/2019

Awesome DJ

We decided to have DJ-Nick from DJ-Chicago DJ our wedding after he played at a friend's wedding. As soon as that night was over we went over and got his business card, and contacted him soon after. Nick did a great job of talking to us about the types of music we did and did not want during our reception before the wedding date, and put us at ease that the dance floor would be packed all night. Nick did just as great of a job for us as he did at the wedding we saw him at and we have received many compliments about the music since the wedding. Nick also did a great job of making sure our toasts, first dance, and everything else throughout the night was done on time. We cannot recommend Nick enough.

Sent on 07/30/2019

Drew Fodor · Married on 06/29/2019

Best Dance Party Ever

Nick created one of the most fun dance parties I have been to, and it just so happened to be my wedding! From the first time we chatted with Nick on the phone, we knew he was a good fit for us. He was clearly very passionate about his favorite music but also didn't feel the need to force a specific style or genre. He has an encyclopedic knowledge of all music and how to build off of our ideas and the crowd to find songs that we didn't know we needed to hear. He knew exactly what to play and for how long to keep the energy going and get everyone involved. Nick also coordinated with all of our other vendors and kept the festivities running smoothly. Nick also was able to quickly recover when he overloaded the venue's power supply with too much bass (a great problem to have!) Nick will crank it to 11 when the situation calls for it and deliver a memorable evening for everyone in attendance. We couldn't recommend him highly enough for any event, but especially weddings.

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Dani

Dani · Married on 06/22/2019

Better than I could have hoped for.

We found DJ-Chicago through another couple whose wedding we'd had a blast at, and I could not be happier with the decision to go with them for our wedding at Carnivale in Chicago! From the initial meeting to the end of our wedding night, it was a seamless experience. After the initial meeting, they match you with a DJ based on your personal preferences. We were paired with John, who was absolutely fantastic to work with. He was professional, kept us on track in the most unobtrusive way possible, and most of all he was fun! The dance floor picked up steam all night and nobody wanted to leave after the last song. We couldn’t be happier and HIGHLY recommend John and DJ Chicago to anyone who’s looking. Compared to what I've seen in the Chicago market, their prices are also extremely reasonable. Win win all around!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Jacquie

Jacquie Beck · Married on 06/22/2019

Amazing! Seriously, book Nick and DJ Chicago!

DJ Chicago was one of the biggest reasons why our wedding was such a huge success! We first saw Nick DJ at a family member's wedding a few years ago and we immediately knew that we had to book him when the time came. We thought he did such a great job at keeping everyone on the dance floor and we loved his entire set list. From the very beginning Nick and Charlotte who helps with wedding coordination were a delight to work with, super nice, funny, and really responsive. Nick assisted us with everything that went into the reception including the intros, speeches, first dances and send-off. He was so flexible and offered us lots of his advice and tips throughout. He was so open and willing to do whatever to help give us what we envisioned, while letting us know what would work and what wouldn't. We also could tell from our initial meeting that he really understood how to coordinate and DJ a wedding, he talked about how he would transition from different eras and techniques he could use to read the room and determine what would hit and what wouldn't. He also talked about how there's certain parts in songs that people loved, and other parts not so much. You know you've been to a wedding before where the DJ just cannot seem to get out of a decade or plays a song way too long.

He totally knocked it out of the park! Our dance floor was packed from the very first to the very last song. We had the best man come up to us the next day and say "I really needed to go to the bathroom but then another banger would come on and I needed to stay out on the dance floor." We also had another guest ask us for his information for a future wedding. We received so many compliments how he absolutely crushed it! When he announced that the last song was coming on, there were boos from the audience! He did such a great job at tailoring the set list to us as well, integrating our likes/dislikes and small comments that we made to him during our meetings to really make it seem like it was for us. We were talking to our family member (the one that he DJd at before us) and we were talking about fun it was at both weddings and how great Nick was at both weddings, but how it felt really different. A DJ, I think can be one of the hardest vendors to book for a wedding. Do yourself a favor and book Nick and DJ Chicago, I have no reservation in recommending him to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Deirdre

Deirdre Rudolph · Married on 03/16/2019

Fantastic DJ experience who kept the dance floor HOPPING!

Nick from DJ Chicago honestly was an integral part of making our March 16, 2019 wedding unbelievable. He dealt with some last minute changes with grace and poise, and kept the party going the whole night!!! Our dance floor was truly so full that people were dancing on the carpet beside it, and I attribute it to Nick's keen ability to keep the party flowing through song selection. I am so happy that we had Nick with us on our wedding day, and would HIGHLY recommend to anyone in the Chicagoland area. Thanks so much for everything!

Sent on 03/31/2019
    DJ-Chicago 2

dina · Married on 12/15/2018

Wedding DJ

We got lucky and picked DJ Chicago to DJ our wedding. We had John as our DJ and he was great! We gave them a small list of songs before hand so the would get the vibe that we were going for and he totally nailed it! Highly recommend!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
  • amycerny

Amy · Married on 11/23/2018

These guys are phenomenal. From my initial contact with Mark via email until the last song that Alec played at my wedding and everything in between I was impressed. These guys are down to earth, fun, professional and GREAT at what they do. I planned my wedding from San Diego and Mark and Alec accommodated every need/request that I had. My fiance and I were rather clueless upon meeting Mark and Alec as to what we wanted and they were able to make great recommendations and gave such great guidance that we didn't have a care in the world come our wedding day. Mark was super responsive to the million questions that I had and Alec was incredible when it came to the flow of our wedding day. He made sure that everything went off without a hitch, starting with our ceremony, then introductions, THEN bride vs groom flip cup, all the speeches and last but not least, the dance party. Alec kept the dance floor packed all night and was so great that some of my guests tried to bribe him to play beyond our cut off time. Now that's a sign of a great party! Oh and in addition to all of that, did I mention that DJ Chicago had some of the most reasonable pricing in the Chicagoland area?? An added bonus for 5 star service!

Sent on 08/22/2013
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2018

Best DJ In Chicago

Hands down, the best DJ company in Chicago! We got married in September this year at the Wyndham Downtown and Nick was our DJ. He was very responsive to our emails from beginning to end and was very patient as we changed our "must play" list and "father/daughter dance song" at least 10 times. During the wedding, he kept us informed of what was to happen next and where we should go. Most importantly, he absolutely nailed the music selection at our wedding. Many guests said that they have never danced so much in their lives. He knew how to read the dance floor. If a song was not being well-received, he would change it and kept the crowd dancing. He played all of our "must play" songs and timed everything perfectly. We also rented up-lights from them and the lighting turned out so well in our venue. Nick was such a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend him and his company for any wedding or event.

Sent on 10/20/2018

B · Married on 08/18/2018

Mark from DJ-Chicago was the most valuable member our wedding team. He did everything, including providing high-quality music for the ceremony (it actually sounded like a string quartet in the background!), having microphones for us, our officiant, and for all the speeches; making a fun playlist of music to set the mood for cocktail hour, and most importantly having the GREATEST lineup of music for the reception. Both sides of our families and most of our friends are introverts that don’t dance, but somehow Mark kept the dancefloor PACKED all night long. He incorporates both songs that we like as well as songs that he thought would keep people on their feet. There was not a single moment or single song where people seemed to lose interest in the party. He made planning both efficient and high-yield. When we were deciding on music for our ceremony, he had several versions of each song which let us find the perfect music. He also let us use their projector and screen so we could do a slideshow, which our guests raved about for days after the wedding. The final cost of everything was unbelievably affordable. We feel like we underpaid Mark for all his services. Do yourselves a favor and let DJ-Chicago make your wedding an experience that no one will forget.

Sent on 09/15/2018

CourtneyandJeff · Married on 06/29/2018

Highly Recommend! Nick was so great in helping coordinate our DJ services for the wedding, especially since we were out of state and could not meet in person. John was our DJ for the night and he was awesome! He worked with all the vendors and venue coordinator to make sure everything was running smoothly. Before I walked down the aisle I happened to be in the same room where he was set up and he showed me what he had planned for our processional. He was great and very knowledgeable! He checked in with us at the end of the night to make sure there weren't any other songs we were missing. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ and a better company. All the staff we interacted with were awesome. Make DJ Chicago your DJ!!!

Sent on 07/04/2018

KATIE · Married on 06/23/2018

Your search for the perfect DJ is over!

We worked with Nick for our outdoor wedding reception. We had two consultations prior to our event, one to go over high-level details (equipment needed, type of venue, general playlist, etc.) and one closer to our event to lock in final details (wedding party introductions, toasts, first songs, etc). Nick walked us through the entire process and took care of ALL of the miscellaneous behind-the-scenes stuff with the venue.

On our wedding day, Nick was all setup and ready to go well in advance of the start of our reception. He executed everything to perfection and went above and beyond in helping to keep the reception going when our venue dropped the ball on a couple of things.

Nick did such a great job gauging the dance floor and keeping people engaged, it was jam packed the entire evening and every one of our guests was disappointed when our dance floor ended for the night. We provided a very basic guideline for the types of music we would like to be played and Nick created the perfect playlist that he wove seamlessly into our first dances and requests from our guests.

This short review does not do Nick and DJ-Chicago the justice they deserve, I would recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ for their next event!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Stacey · Married on 06/01/2018

DJ Chicago is the best!!! Nick was the DJ at my wedding, my sister's wedding, and all of our friends' weddings, he rocks!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Sara · Married on 11/04/2017

Dillon was extremely professional and had a great playlist. He discussed our likes and dislikes before and was able to create something that we both loved, even though my husband and I have different taste in music. He also made a list of people we did not want to hear which was a relief to me. He was able to "read the room" and put on something perfect for the moment. We had a lot of compliments from many guests!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Melissa · Married on 10/07/2017

We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ company for our wedding. The dance floor was always packed and everyone was dancing! Everything went off without a hitch thanks to our DJ Mark. He was enthusiastic, helpful, and kept our partying going all day. Booking Mark was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning process. The compliments keep flowing about how great our music and dance floor was! We will cherish these memories forever. Do yourself a favor and book DJ Chicago for your next event and have the best night of your life.

Sent on 10/25/2017

Kelly · Married on 09/23/2017

DJ Chicago was amazing! Chris did an amazing job of reading the crowd and helped us throw a great party! My only request was that he keep the dance floor full all night long and he more than delivered. Our reception was still going when the lights came on at the end of the night. He played a variety of styles of music which satisfied every taste. He also made a point to find me toward the end of the reception to ask if there were any songs that I specifically wanted to hear that he had not played yet. We were referred to DJ Chicago by my husband's cousin and were very happy with our decision to use them. We highly recommend DJ Chicago for future weddings!

Sent on 10/18/2017

Paul · Married on 09/09/2017

We can't even begin to express how happy we were with our overall experience with DJ-Chicago, specifically Mark. Very personal, accountable, and organized. We gave a list of songs (must plays as well as songs that we like for him to work with)---he managed to get through all of them plus so many more between ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. He managed to blend from country to 2K hip hop back to Wilson Philips---well done, Mark! The dance floor was full all night!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Sarah · Married on 08/04/2017

DJ Mark made our wedding day work out perfectly! He was extremely organized and friendly from the moment we sat down with him to talk about our big day. He had great suggestions to help us get in everything we wanted to. He was flexible and helped us create our perfect plan for the day! On our wedding day he was informative and kept the day running smoothly. He did a great job ensuring that all our guests could hear during the ceremony and reception. He created the perfect mix of music that had every person at our wedding on the dance floor! We appreciate all of his hard work and would highly recommend him to others to be apart of your wedding day or event.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Tara · Married on 07/08/2017

We hired DJ-Chicago for our wedding this July, and we couldn't be happier with our decision. Gil did an absolutely fantastic job, and we received so many compliments about the music and overall flow of the event. Gil was extremely professional, and took the time to be sure that he correctly pronounced the names of all of our family members and bridal party during introductions. He was great about helping to keep us on schedule but did so in a way that we never felt rushed. The dance floor was packed the entire night and he did such a great job incorporating our preferred songs with those that the crowd was enjoying. We would definitely hire Gil again and highly recommend him for weddings.

Sent on 08/12/2017

Dallas · Married on 05/21/2017

We had Dylan for our wedding and it was a great experience working wth him! He had knowledge of a broad range of genres and was able to incorporate a wide range of music superbly. Everyone enjoyed the music and dancing, especially us! He was always very professional and was able to adjust the timelines when we had to make some last minute switches. Super easy to communicate with. We would highly recommend the company as a whole as they were great when we first communicated over the phone- very real and professional. And of course we highly recommend Dylan!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Grace · Married on 04/22/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Mark & DJ Chicago!! Our wedding was a month ago, and people are still reaching out telling us how amazing our music & dance floor was. Mark was so easy to work with leading up to the wedding - even when we made last minute changes! He coordinated the reception perfectly -- even when we asked him to announce 3 different HUGE group pictures. There was never a quiet moment between songs, and the dance floor was SO packed the entire night. We said all along that we just wanted people to have FUN at our wedding... And Mark totally made that happen. He picked the best music, played certain songs at the best time, and totally just understood us a a couple and portrayed that across in the song choices. Thanks for being such an important part of our day and making it amazing!!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Meghan · Married on 12/31/2016

Dylan was the absolute perfect DJ for our wedding! We were impressed with him since the first time we met as he genuinely wanted to be a part of our wedding. He was extremely professional and asked for our input so that our evening would be one to remember. As the time winded down on our wedding my husband and I wished we had even more time to dance the night away! We will continue to recommend DJ Chicago to our friends as they are starting to explore the wedding process. We will also continue to recommend Dylan. It was an honor to work with DJ Chicago and we cannot thank you enough for making our wedding night the best night of our lives!

Sent on 02/03/2017

Patricia · Married on 10/15/2016

You know it's a good party when the groom splits his pants from dancing so hard! We used DJ Chicago for our wedding on 10/15/16 and couldn't be happier - Mark is the best. He is professional and experienced, and not only did he ensure that everything ran smoothly, he made our wedding an absolutely outstanding party for us and all of our guests. From the cocktail hour until the very last song, Mark was excellent at playing exactly the right songs at the right time. The dance floor was FULL the entire night. He played all of our "must play" songs, and selected a variety of songs we didn't expect to hear but absolutely loved, based on our conversations with him before the wedding. So, so many of our friends and family commented on what an awesome DJ we'd found. We are so happy and grateful.

I would recommend DJ Chicago and Mark to everyone I know. If you're considering using DJ Chicago for your wedding, look no further. They are absolutely excellent, and - bonus - they're a great value too! Thank you DJ Chicago!

Sent on 11/02/2016

Eleanor · Married on 09/17/2016

We worked with DJ Chicago owner Mark through the planning process and our DJ was Gil. Mark was great through the planning process, asking about what we wanted and listening carefully to our musical taste. We were pleased that he got excited about some of the songs on our final lists. At the wedding itself, Gil was WONDERFUL! He was very professional, obviously very good at his job and concerned about providing a high level of service. We really, really appreciated that he came to find us before he played the last dance, because dancing to that final song was one of the best moments of the whole night. He worked seamlessly with the house-mandated sound system and with our musician, who had to cut in to use the mic for the first dance. Everything went smoothly. He was a great sport and it was great to see his big smile all night. We would definitely recommend DJ Chicago and Gil.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Amazing job! Gil was very professional, meticulous and easy to work with. We put all the music choices in his hands, and he nailed it! Everybody enjoyed the music, and it created a great environment for our celebration.

Sent on 09/17/2016