DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 3
DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 4

Lindsey · Getting married on 06/21/2019

Very Timely

We have heard nothing but amazing things about DJ Bruce. His responsiveness during planning is by far the quickest we’ve seen in the wedding industry. We can’t wait for him to throw us a party next year!

• Erica

Erica · Married on 11/10/2018

Great Play List for Our Wedding

We hired DJ Bruce for our Nov. wedding at Jennette's Pier. We provided him with some "must plays" and some "do not plays", but were pretty stuck when it came to cocktail hour and dinner. We had 105 guests with a a huge variety of taste in music, and everyone was up on the dance floor from the minute dancing began. We had so many people compliment us on what a great time they had and how good the music was.

DJ Bruce is professional, responsive, willing to answer any questions, and able to read a room and tell what music will get them up and dancing! He was one of the best parts of our wedding!

• Megan

Megan · Married on 10/27/2018

We love Bruce!!!

He was the BEST DJ, he was perfect with the timing for walking down the aisle as well as our first dance song, he played songs that had people dancing and he is such a sweetheart. Definitely recommend!

• Tatum

Tatum Clements · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome DJ!

Bruce was sooo easy to work with! He sent us a document that explained how to choose all of our wedding reception music and we just filled it out and sent it back. We asked our guests to make song requests on their RSVPs and they all loved when Bruce played their songs at the reception. Bruce did an awesome job introducing the wedding party and choosing when to play certain songs to keep everyone on the dance floor. We danced all night and had so much fun! Bruce was one of the easiest wedding vendors to work with- no stress, timely responses, and really kind. Highly recommend him!

Emily · Married on 09/22/2018

Bruce was recommended to us by another OBX couple and we are so glad we went with their recommendation!! Bruce was easy to communicate with and sent us an email about 6 weeks before our wedding to get an idea of songs we wanted and didn't want to be played. Bruce played such great music that our dance floor was filled for most of the reception! Couldn't have had such a great party without all of his hits!!!

Eric · Married on 06/28/2018

He knocked it out of the park with our wedding music. He had us fill out a questionnaire to see the type of music we like and he made it all amazing!!! We danced all night and had the best time of our lives!!!!!

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2017

DJ Bruce was simply the best! He worked with us to find the best package to fit our budget. He helped us figure out the best way to do our ceremony as we wanted to read vows aloud without having to scream over the waves in the background. He gave us an amazing questionnaire that helped us plan a song for every little detail so that the whole day was exactly how we'd like it. We asked for a 90's dance party to make sure our friends stayed on the dance floor all night and oh.my.gosh. did he give us the greatest 90's dance party ever! We all had SO much fun! When the night accidentally ended early due to an impromptu in-your-wedding-dress pool party and the music couldn't be heard outside, Bruce offered us our money back for the last hour we missed while outside. Talk about service! We love DJ Bruce and can't wait to get back to the Outer Banks to find where he's playing and party again!

DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 5
    DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 6
    DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 7
    DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service 8

Tricia · Married on 08/25/2017

Bruce was great! He was one of the easiest vendors to choose and he was exactly as referred and described. If you want someone to get and keep people on the dance floor, he's your guy. I loved that he focused on the music and didn't try to be a show dj and talk over the night. He played the songs that were requested and helped make our wedding outside at the Whalehead Club perfect.

Jennifer · Married on 08/13/2017

DJ Bruce was amazing. My husband and I wanted a big party for our wedding and that's exactly what we got. Bruce was thorough and very fast at emailing. All of our guest enjoyed themselves and kept telling us how much they really enjoyed the music. I highly recommend DJ Bruce.

Robyn · Married on 07/22/2017

DJ Bruce provided the music for our ceremony and reception at the Kitty Hawk Pier House in July 2017. From beginning to end he provided great service. His questionnaire made it easy for us to let him know what we were expecting and pick out special songs to play throughout the night. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We highly recommend DJ Bruce.

Heather · Married on 06/24/2017

DJ Bruce is AWESOME!!! He was our DJ for our July wedding. Bruce knew the perfect music to play during the entire reception and was on point with everything! I highly recommend DJ Bruce!! Thank you Bruce for making our wedding reception so much fun!

Kate · Married on 06/16/2017

DJ Bruce was amazing!! My husband and I are pretty picky about our music and he took every one of our ideas and concerns into consideration and planned the PERFECT evening for our guests at Pine Island Lodge. He did EVERYTHING we wanted AND made sure the entire group was on the dance floor from start to finish. The entrance for the bridal party was perfect, it felt like we had rehearsed it 10 times, and in reality, we had just written the names on a piece of paper and given him the song selection. He guided the night perfectly, read the crowd, and made the evening a dream come true. THANK YOU BRUCE!!!

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ Bruce is amazing! He did our ceremony and reception music, and it was perfect! He really keeps the party going, and lots of our guests commented on how great the music was. He's also very easy to work with, he promptly responded to all emails! We definitely recommend DJ Bruce if you want to have the best music at your wedding!

Allison · Married on 05/19/2017

DJ Bruce was absolutely fabulous! He was super friendly, flexible, and really able to read a crowd well to keep the party going :). Our guests kept coming up to us during, and after the wedding to tell us how great they thought the music was. My friend getting married soon even wanted the same dance party re-created!! You cannot go wrong with DJ Bruce - guaranteed great time!!!

DJ Bruce came extremely highly recommended by just about everyone we talked to on the OBX- and he STILL exceeded our expectations. Bruce was a lifesaver two days before the wedding when we realized our sound system set up needed to be adjusted for the ceremony- between him and Taylor, our wedding planner, the matter was handled and made for a fantastic ceremony. He also easily found some of our more Indie genre music selections and indulged the groom with his favorite NFL team chant. Bruce also came up with an impeccable song choice on the fly at the end of the reception when the crowd requested another song to continue their glowstick dance party. The dance floor was literally packed all night from the very first song after dinner until guests had to literally be kicked off the floor at the end of the night- I think that speaks volumes. Aside from a few specific requests, we really left the music up to Bruce (after all, he is the professional) and he totally rocked it. He had a great variety with classics like Frank Sinatra, to big crowd pleasers like "Shout", 80s, 90s, etc and even some Indie hits thrown in for the bride and groom- basically something for everyone. He knows how to read the crowd, pay attention to whats going on, and definitely work on the fly when needed. What else could you want from a DJ? Although, DJ for lack of a better term because clearly Bruce goes beyond the typical DJ duties and really was the anchor that kept the whole night going. Thanks you SO much for such a fun night that flowed so seamlessly! Would absolutely recommend Bruce to DJ a wedding or other special event!

Kellie · Married on 10/08/2016

DJ Bruce was a stellar person to work with. We had a very specific song request list and he met all of our needs, including playing our college's alma mater after the cake cutting. He made great suggestions and took requests night of. We got married during Hurricane Matthew and we never heard any doubts from him that he would be there. I think he even got stranded at our venue the night of the storm. He was amazing, and we're grateful for people like him who made our wedding possible.

Alexandra · Married on 09/13/2016

Bruce did a phenomenal job DJing our wedding reception. I think every bride is terrified of the cheesy announcer type DJ's and Bruce is definitely not one of those. He did such a wonderful job with bridal party introductions, announcing the dances, and announcing the speeches and made sure everything went just how we wanted. He played all of the songs that my groom and I requested and did a wonderful job of keeping the dance floor filled late into the night!

Ashley · Married on 08/28/2016

This may have been the best choice we made for our wedding!! We got married on 8/28/16 at the Kitty Hawk Pier. For us, music was probably the most important aspect of our big day bc we feel like it makes or breaks the reception. We wanted our night to be a big party so i gave DJ Bruce an idea of music and told him I wanted to feel like we were back in college.. he surpassed those expectations, by far! I dont think we could of had a better time and heard from many that our wedding was the most fun they have ever been to, mission accomplished. He also did our ceremony music and worked with us as we wanted a specific part of a song for me to walk down to and he made sure to coordinate with the Hilton coordinator to make sure it turned out perfect. Bruce is so easy to work with, communicates very well and knows what he is doing, not to mention very reasonably priced. Everyone that has a wedding in the outer banks NEEDS to book DJ Bruce Jones, bc i promise you wont be disappointed. Best. DJ. EVER.

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2016

Bruce was awesome!! He had my guests dancing all night and played all the songs that I wanted! He was always very quick to answer me back via email and was very accommodating when I kept adding on more hours. I originally hired him for the reception only, but he ended up doing my ceremony music out on the beach (plus providing a mic for our officiant) as well as cocktail hour and the reception. He did a great job of announcing key moments and partnering with the Sanderling staff to keep the pace of the night on our timeline. You definitely won't be disappointed if you hire Bruce. He did an amazing job!

Danielle · Married on 05/28/2016

DJ Bruce was incredible! We wanted our wedding to be an epic party that people would never forget - and DJ Bruce definitely delivered! He was so easy to work with and played the exact type of music that we wanted. Soooo much better than a band IMO. It was definitely a night to remember. We even convinced him to play for an extra hour (even though he had another gig the next night!). Thanks so much DJ Bruce!

Susan · Married on 05/24/2016

When we met DJ Bruce for the first time we knew he was the right DJ for our wedding! He is very professional and knowledgeable about all things music. DJ Bruce was very helpful with our music selection Thank you for providing our ceremony music, the instrumentals were perfect with the ocean waves crashing in the background. The mix of music for the reception was excellent and my son thought that it was awesome that you use a turntable system! Thank you so much for being part of our wedding team and making our day wonderful!!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2016

DJ Bruce is amazing!!! Bruce is very responsive and so easy to work with. He also worked with us to provide music for the sound front ceremony. We wanted to make sure our guests had a good time and I'm pretty sure they all had a blast! He had the dance floor packed all night!! :) I would highly recommend DJ Bruce!

Robin · Married on 10/18/2015

DJ Bruce was fantastic! Many of our guests commented on the great selection of music, and how great he was with keeping everything flowing smoothly. From the get-go when we met him at the OBXWA expo in January, we knew he was the right DJ for us. He was very easy to talk to, and he always was sure to get back to me when I had any questions. He provided all information we needed, and was very clear on what information he needed from us, and made the process very easy from the start. We are so happy to have had DJ Bruce at our wedding and would recommend him to anybody looking to have an OBX wedding!

DJ Bruce was awesome! He was extremely flexible and listened to everything we wanted and our needs. If you want a great DJ on OBX, DJ Bruce is the one, but book him quick bc he gets booked up QUICK! DJs are so much better than bands:)

Shyanne · Married on 10/13/2015

Absolutely loved the music and atmosphere he created! Highly recommend! He was so easy and professional. We handed him a list of songs that had meaning there was no added work it all turned out perfect!