75 Reviews for DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service

One Event Per Day (11)
Do-Not-Play List (9)
Consultation (7)
75 DJ Bruce J "I Do" Entertainment and DJ Service Reviews

He knocked it out of the park with our wedding music. He had us fill out a questionnaire to see the type of music we like and he made it all amazing!!! We danced all night and had the best time of our lives!!!!!

Profile Picture Eric, 6/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce did such an amazing job at our wedding on June 10, 2018!! I discovered "silent disco" headphones on a cruise in17 and asked if he would work with me on making that a reality. He was admittedly not sure how it would be received but was willing to give it a try and everything turned out fantastic! His station was "red" and everyone loved it! We found him to be personable, easy to work with, dependable and just couldn't have been happier. He did an amazing job, people didn't want to go home when the shuttle came!! We could've danced to his tunes alllll night!! Thank you so much Bruce!!!!

Profile Picture Chris, 6/10/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: One Event Per Day

DJ Bruce was simply the best! He worked with us to find the best package to fit our budget. He helped us figure out the best way to do our ceremony as we wanted to read vows aloud without having to scream over the waves in the background. He gave us an amazing questionnaire that helped us plan a song for every little detail so that the whole day was exactly how we'd like it. We asked for a 90's dance party to make sure our friends stayed on the dance floor all night and oh.my.gosh. did he give us the greatest 90's dance party ever! We all had SO much fun! When the night accidentally ended early due to an impromptu in-your-wedding-dress pool party and the music couldn't be heard outside, Bruce offered us our money back for the last hour we missed while outside. Talk about service! We love DJ Bruce and can't wait to get back to the Outer Banks to find where he's playing and party again!

Profile Picture Shannon, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bruce was great! He was one of the easiest vendors to choose and he was exactly as referred and described. If you want someone to get and keep people on the dance floor, he's your guy. I loved that he focused on the music and didn't try to be a show dj and talk over the night. He played the songs that were requested and helped make our wedding outside at the Whalehead Club perfect.

Profile Picture Tricia, 8/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce was amazing. My husband and I wanted a big party for our wedding and that's exactly what we got. Bruce was thorough and very fast at emailing. All of our guest enjoyed themselves and kept telling us how much they really enjoyed the music. I highly recommend DJ Bruce.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce provided the music for our ceremony and reception at the Kitty Hawk Pier House in July 2017. From beginning to end he provided great service. His questionnaire made it easy for us to let him know what we were expecting and pick out special songs to play throughout the night. He kept everyone on the dance floor the entire night. We highly recommend DJ Bruce.

Profile Picture Robyn, 7/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

DJ Bruce is AWESOME!!! He was our DJ for our July wedding. Bruce knew the perfect music to play during the entire reception and was on point with everything! I highly recommend DJ Bruce!! Thank you Bruce for making our wedding reception so much fun!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/24/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Bruce was amazing!! My husband and I are pretty picky about our music and he took every one of our ideas and concerns into consideration and planned the PERFECT evening for our guests at Pine Island Lodge. He did EVERYTHING we wanted AND made sure the entire group was on the dance floor from start to finish. The entrance for the bridal party was perfect, it felt like we had rehearsed it 10 times, and in reality, we had just written the names on a piece of paper and given him the song selection. He guided the night perfectly, read the crowd, and made the evening a dream come true. THANK YOU BRUCE!!!

Profile Picture Kate, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Bruce is amazing! He did our ceremony and reception music, and it was perfect! He really keeps the party going, and lots of our guests commented on how great the music was. He's also very easy to work with, he promptly responded to all emails! We definitely recommend DJ Bruce if you want to have the best music at your wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/10/17, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce was absolutely fabulous! He was super friendly, flexible, and really able to read a crowd well to keep the party going :). Our guests kept coming up to us during, and after the wedding to tell us how great they thought the music was. My friend getting married soon even wanted the same dance party re-created!! You cannot go wrong with DJ Bruce - guaranteed great time!!!

Profile Picture Allison, 5/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Bruce came extremely highly recommended by just about everyone we talked to on the OBX- and he STILL exceeded our expectations. Bruce was a lifesaver two days before the wedding when we realized our sound system set up needed to be adjusted for the ceremony- between him and Taylor, our wedding planner, the matter was handled and made for a fantastic ceremony. He also easily found some of our more Indie genre music selections and indulged the groom with his favorite NFL team chant. Bruce also came up with an impeccable song choice on the fly at the end of the reception when the crowd requested another song to continue their glowstick dance party. The dance floor was literally packed all night from the very first song after dinner until guests had to literally be kicked off the floor at the end of the night- I think that speaks volumes. Aside from a few specific requests, we really left the music up to Bruce (after all, he is the professional) and he totally rocked it. He had a great variety with classics like Frank Sinatra, to big crowd pleasers like "Shout", 80s, 90s, etc and even some Indie hits thrown in for the bride and groom- basically something for everyone. He knows how to read the crowd, pay attention to whats going on, and definitely work on the fly when needed. What else could you want from a DJ? Although, DJ for lack of a better term because clearly Bruce goes beyond the typical DJ duties and really was the anchor that kept the whole night going. Thanks you SO much for such a fun night that flowed so seamlessly! Would absolutely recommend Bruce to DJ a wedding or other special event!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/15/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, MC, One Event Per Day

DJ Bruce was a stellar person to work with. We had a very specific song request list and he met all of our needs, including playing our college's alma mater after the cake cutting. He made great suggestions and took requests night of. We got married during Hurricane Matthew and we never heard any doubts from him that he would be there. I think he even got stranded at our venue the night of the storm. He was amazing, and we're grateful for people like him who made our wedding possible.

Profile Picture Kellie, 10/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bruce did a phenomenal job DJing our wedding reception. I think every bride is terrified of the cheesy announcer type DJ's and Bruce is definitely not one of those. He did such a wonderful job with bridal party introductions, announcing the dances, and announcing the speeches and made sure everything went just how we wanted. He played all of the songs that my groom and I requested and did a wonderful job of keeping the dance floor filled late into the night!

Profile Picture User5248008, 1+ year ago, 13 Reviews
Category: DJ

This may have been the best choice we made for our wedding!! We got married on 8/28/16 at the Kitty Hawk Pier. For us, music was probably the most important aspect of our big day bc we feel like it makes or breaks the reception. We wanted our night to be a big party so i gave DJ Bruce an idea of music and told him I wanted to feel like we were back in college.. he surpassed those expectations, by far! I dont think we could of had a better time and heard from many that our wedding was the most fun they have ever been to, mission accomplished. He also did our ceremony music and worked with us as we wanted a specific part of a song for me to walk down to and he made sure to coordinate with the Hilton coordinator to make sure it turned out perfect. Bruce is so easy to work with, communicates very well and knows what he is doing, not to mention very reasonably priced. Everyone that has a wedding in the outer banks NEEDS to book DJ Bruce Jones, bc i promise you wont be disappointed. Best. DJ. EVER.

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/28/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Bruce was awesome!! He had my guests dancing all night and played all the songs that I wanted! He was always very quick to answer me back via email and was very accommodating when I kept adding on more hours. I originally hired him for the reception only, but he ended up doing my ceremony music out on the beach (plus providing a mic for our officiant) as well as cocktail hour and the reception. He did a great job of announcing key moments and partnering with the Sanderling staff to keep the pace of the night on our timeline. You definitely won't be disappointed if you hire Bruce. He did an amazing job!

Profile Picture Rachel, 7/15/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Bruce was incredible! We wanted our wedding to be an epic party that people would never forget - and DJ Bruce definitely delivered! He was so easy to work with and played the exact type of music that we wanted. Soooo much better than a band IMO. It was definitely a night to remember. We even convinced him to play for an extra hour (even though he had another gig the next night!). Thanks so much DJ Bruce!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC, One Event Per Day

When we met DJ Bruce for the first time we knew he was the right DJ for our wedding! He is very professional and knowledgeable about all things music. DJ Bruce was very helpful with our music selection Thank you for providing our ceremony music, the instrumentals were perfect with the ocean waves crashing in the background. The mix of music for the reception was excellent and my son thought that it was awesome that you use a turntable system! Thank you so much for being part of our wedding team and making our day wonderful!!

Profile Picture Susan, 5/24/16, 9 Reviews
4.7

My husband and I got married on 5.22.16 at the Sea Ranch Resort, We had visited the wedding expo in January '15 but never got to meet Bruce. Our first time meeting him in person was when we walked into the reception area as Husband & Wife - but he came highly recommended from our photographers (Ryan & Rachel) and our officiant (Tony) so we knew we had nothing to worry about! We were a little worried when he told us he usually doesn't play country songs because that's a majority of the songs we wanted to hear, but he did an amazing job mixing in country songs with our other songs. Highly recommend Bruce! He was super sweet and we stayed in contact by email throughout the whole DJ planning process. He also played songs during our ceremony as well. Thank you so much Bruce!

Profile Picture Samantha, 5/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce is amazing!!! Bruce is very responsive and so easy to work with. He also worked with us to provide music for the sound front ceremony. We wanted to make sure our guests had a good time and I'm pretty sure they all had a blast! He had the dance floor packed all night!! :) I would highly recommend DJ Bruce!

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/6/16, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC

DJ Bruce was fantastic! Many of our guests commented on the great selection of music, and how great he was with keeping everything flowing smoothly. From the get-go when we met him at the OBXWA expo in January, we knew he was the right DJ for us. He was very easy to talk to, and he always was sure to get back to me when I had any questions. He provided all information we needed, and was very clear on what information he needed from us, and made the process very easy from the start. We are so happy to have had DJ Bruce at our wedding and would recommend him to anybody looking to have an OBX wedding!

Profile Picture Robin, 10/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce was awesome! He was extremely flexible and listened to everything we wanted and our needs. If you want a great DJ on OBX, DJ Bruce is the one, but book him quick bc he gets booked up QUICK! DJs are so much better than bands:)

Profile Picture User5583063, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Absolutely loved the music and atmosphere he created! Highly recommend! He was so easy and professional. We handed him a list of songs that had meaning there was no added work it all turned out perfect!

Profile Picture Shyanne, 10/13/15, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Bruce was amazing!!!! From the time I met him at the bridal expo I knew he was the perfect fit. He was so wonderful to communicate with and his music choices where amazing! When he asked for a list of songs I just gave him our general style of music we enjoyed and he hit the nail on the head! He had everybody up and dancing the whole reception. He is truly a great guy and DJ. I would recommend him to any bride looking! Thanks Bruce!

Profile Picture Caitlin , 10/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Bruce is the best! Great with communication, great with last minute details and you can easily give him an idea of what you want and he can run with it in order to make all your guests happy. We can't say enough great things about his personality, service, and professionalism. He goes above and beyond - and was absolutely perfect for our wedding! Rest easy knowing everything will go perfectly for your event when booking Bruce! :)

Profile Picture Taylor, 9/20/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Oh man. Where to start with DJ Bruce!?! We are so happy and feel so lucky that we got to have Bruce be apart of our wedding celebration.

We had found Bruce originally via WW, and soon after, we realized everyone in the OBX area knows and LOVES him. It was really exciting to hear such wonderful things about him after booking him. Even our photographers from Raleigh mentioned we should hire him, not knowing we had already reached out to him! Needless to say, we were excited, and we couldn't help but have high expectations.

Bruce DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT. From answering all of our music related questions quickly and patiently, to keeping the dance floor packed, we enjoyed working with Bruce start to finish. He played all of our requests (and there were many), he had the best flow, and in general, the music was just so good. All ages danced, which is exactly what we wanted! He also was the perfect, non-offensive wedding announcer as well and took an amazing final song shot from the DJ booth, which I very much cherish. :)

Thank you, Bruce for everything! If ever we host another party in OBX, we are coming to you!!! - Patrice and Ben

Profile Picture Patrice, 9/18/15, 3 Reviews