Dj Backspin Entertainment Reviews

Dj Backspin Entertainment 4
Dj Backspin Entertainment 5

Jen · Married on 11/17/2018

GREAT experience!

We had Freddy DJ our November wedding and were SO pleased with the experience. From the start, Freddy was responsive, easy to reach, professional, and stayed on top of everything that needed to be done. On the night of the wedding, Freddy did a fantastic job announcing, coordinating the events of the night, and most importantly had the dance floor packed the entire time. I HIGHLY recommend Freddy to DJ any event!!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! I had a great time being apart of your big day. I am wishing you both a happy future together! Congratulations!!

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2018

We booked DJ Backspin close to 2 years out from our wedding. We knew from his style of mixes displayed on soundcloud that his work was just what we were looking for and were nervous that he would be booked right away. From our first phone call to the last interaction on the dance floor he was professional and calm, and was able to bring great energy that also didn't take away from the fact that it was a formal occasion or bring too much attention to himself, as some MC's/DJ's do. He clarified any questions to make sure it was always just what we wanted and was attentive in person and responsive to emails. Payment was also made very easily. Before and during the reception he checked in a couple times with us like to see if we wanted to stop to cut the cake, we decided to keep the party going & cut it and trusted that he knew how to read the crowd. He also took any requests that we went to him with, including our last minute decision of what the last song would be and it worked out perfectly! We can't wait to watch the wedding footage over to hear all of the songs, especially the entrances, first dance, & mother/son father/daughter customized requests played again. The microphone system worked so clearly for all of the speeches, it was easy to hear back on an iphone video that a guest captured. The lighting turned out beautiful as well. DJ Backspin was also very flexible when we had a and created the best after-party playlist that we were able to hook up in the bar afterwards. Would recommend him for any event; he makes you want to have another party!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for the amazing testimonial Stephanie! I truly appreciate it. It was a pleasure being the host & Dj for your big day. I wish you and Stephen nothing but the best! May the future bring you much happiness. Congratulations!

Lysandra · Married on 08/10/2018

From the very first email I received from DJ Backspin, I knew he was my first choice. He was highly recommended from a co-worker that used him for his wedding and I completely agree with his assessment. DJ Backspin was so professional, timely, and responsive. He DJ'd my August wedding in Providence and everything went without a hitch, especially with our outdoor ceremony and inside reception where he had to set up multiple speakers. Not only was the dance floor busy the entire night, but DJ Backspin frequently checked up on me throughout the night and really made the night special. I highly recommend DJ Backspin for your event, I hope I can host another big party so he can DJ for us :)

Jacqueline · Married on 06/28/2018

We hired DJ Backspin to do a backyard birthday party for my husband's 40th. He did such a great job and was super with all of the guests. I got a ton of positive comments from all of the guests at the party about his services. We would totally hire him again for any and all events that come up in the future.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for having me. It was a great night with all your friends and family!

Jenifer · Married on 06/21/2018

DJ Backspin entertainment is highly recommended.

From the start of my wedding planning the professionalism, attention to detail and communication were on point.

Fred and I spoke about specific details that were wanted for our special day some not so traditional, these requests and detail were taken care of flawlessly. He even took some great photos and shared them with me.

You can tell the many years of experience behind this company, especially offering suggestions when my mind was drawing a blank.

My guests raved about what fun they had and how they danced the night away.

When using DJ Backspin you will not need to worry about anything and can focus on enjoying your event!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Jen. I truly appreciate it. It was an honor to be apart of your big day. I am wishing you & Sam a bright and happy future together!

Nancy · Married on 11/04/2017

We absolutely LOVED working with DJ Backspin! He did an AMAZING job on our wedding! During the planning process he was very thorough that I knew we had nothing to worry about. He was extremely responsive answering any questions we had. He even made some great recommendations that we didn't even think of. On the day of our wedding he did an exceptional job announcing the wedding party (without even one mistake on pronunciation), our first dance, and speeches. He ROCKED it as an MC! Not once during the night did we see our dance floor empty. I (the bride) couldn't stop dancing....the music was too good! Still getting compliments from all of my friends and family about how great he was! Thank you, DJ Backspin for an amazing and memorable night!

Sent on 12/14/2017

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Nancy first and foremost congratulations! You did an amazing job putting your wedding together! I wish you both all the best!

Nicholas · Married on 10/27/2017

Dj Backspin did a phenomenal job at our wedding. His quick responses to my millions of questions, and his professionalism throughout the entire process was first rate. He kept the crowd entertained ensuring all of our needs were met as well. I recommend him 100 percent!!!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Dj Backspin Entertainment 6

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Nick for the great write up! It was a pleasure to be apart of your big day! Wishing you all the best! Congratulations!

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

My wife and I could not be happier with DJ Backspin after our wedding! DJ Backspin was great throughout the whole process, but really what mattered was that our dance floor was PACKED the entirety of our wedding. He was the perfect point person to run the wedding, as he handled our ceremony music and mics through the end of the reception. He ran a smooth show with no hiccups and knew exactly what to play at the right time to keep the party bumping. He didn't talk too much (like a lot of DJs do) and made it all about my wife and me, constantly focusing on us and making sure we were the center of attention. He also knew how important the music was to me, and constantly checked in to make sure I was happy with how everything was going and to see if I had anything I wanted to change or add.

One other thing that DJ Backspin excelled at was he was able to mix in all the traditions we had (Jewish and Catholic) while keeping it as a modern dance party. Nothing seemed out of place as he easily transitioned from traditional to dance party, which resulted in dancing non-stop, since there were none of those dead times for people to leave the dance floor! All in all, if you want to have a professional run your wedding smoothly, end to end from planning to lighting to music selection, but most importantly to keep your dance floor full, DJ Backspin is your man. I would book him for any event that needs a strong MC who will put your needs first and have you enjoying the day and not worrying about anything else!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Dj Backspin Entertainment 7
    Dj Backspin Entertainment 8
    Dj Backspin Entertainment 9
    Dj Backspin Entertainment 10

Dj Backspin Entertainment's reply:

Thanks for much Rachel & Matt! Your wedding was one for the books. I had a great time spinning for all your friends and family! Thank for having me. Wishing you both all the best!

ruth · Married on 10/08/2017

DJ Backspin was the DJ for my wedding on 10/8/17 and was easily the best and easiest decision I made throughout the whole wedding planning process.
    He was extremely receptive to the music choices I had in mind and as the resident expert, offered some suggestions to add more depth to the repertoire in order to ensure everyone would have a good time. He even accommodated special requests I had.
    Backspin is the consummate professional. He was the most responsive of all the vendors I dealt with, often getting back to me within an hour of my reaching out to him. We were in communication often.
    On the day of the wedding, he was on site hours before the event to set up and make sure everything went off without a hitch. He and his staff prepped and decorated the room beautifully.
    And he absolutely turned it out! He has the knack of getting everyone out on the dance floor....even those who usually don't dance!
    One of the greatest strengths I noticed in Backspin's skills is his ability to read the crowd. He steered the evening and the choice of music based on the crowd response once again making sure everyone had a great time.
    Thank you Backspin for punctuating my wedding day with fun and revelry and making it a magical night!!

Ruth Rios

Shauna · Married on 10/07/2017

Absolutely Fantastic! I first met Fred when I was working at a wedding venue and after hearing him I had to get his card. We see a lot of DJs come through the venue but Fred's energy, music selection & passion for his work stood out to me. He was so responsive through text, phone calls, & e-mail which is great for couples who are looking for someone they can trust and rely on. He asked all the right questions and always answered our questions to make sure we were on the same page. When it came to the day of we were able to relax and trust that Fred had everything under control. He played all the music we wanted and then some. There were always people dancing, he was absolutely fantastic. If you are looking for someone who isn't your cookie cutter wedding DJ and is willing to work with you to make your day exactly the way you picture it I would highly suggest him!!

L · Married on 09/16/2017

If you are still in search of a DJ for your event, look no further! We had the pleasure of working with DJ Backspin for our wedding this past fall and he was nothing short of amazing! The preparation prior to our event was simplified and laid out step by step, with reminders of what to do and when to do it. When it came time for our wedding, the dance floor was never empty! He created a party atmosphere which is exactly what we were hoping for! I recommend hiring DJ Backspin for your next event without hesitation!

Thera · Married on 07/22/2017

THIS IS THE DJ TO HIRE!!!! Fred knew exactly what we wanted, made site everything went smoothly. Checked in with me repeatedly throughout the night! Kept everyone on the dance floor!! He made our night perfect! I would never hire another DJ! The best, hands down.

ronnica · Married on 06/24/2017

Freddie, or Dj Backspin... what can I say, you exceeded expectations and went above and beyond as a professional and a true friend. With the weather delaying the set up, and the original plans, you went ahead took charge and accomadated my guests as the true professional you are. I didn't expect anything less. To cookouts, weddings, and corporate events you treat everything as your number one priority. A good Dj is imperative at a wedding as you are running the show, and you did just that... everything was on point ! I can not thank you again for your participation of making my wedding a perfect day. Furthermore Thank you for keeping my Brother's sprit alive...hearing his voice on my wedding day gave me reassurance that he is always here. Thank you again Dj Backspin

Sincerely,
    A friend, and very happy Bride

Tracy · Married on 06/10/2017

DJ Backspin surpassed all of our expectations. He was absolutely the best entertainer that we could have ever asked for. He was attentive to our wants and needs, and had no troubles when we needed to make last minute adjustments on the fly. He was professional and extremely talented. He truly made the night and we have gotten multiple compliments from our guests. Everyone commented on how good he and his assistant was and how they actually knew how to DJ. They knew how to blend music, keep the party fun and entertaining. The mix of music was great and met everyone's likes. We are over the top thankful and grateful to have had DJ Backspin for our wedding and we would refer him to every one in need of services.

Kylah · Married on 05/27/2017

DJ Backspin was very great to work with! He made sure to stay in communication with us through out the whole planning process. He was very accessible for any questions, comments, request and concerns. He is very proffesional and takes his job and duties very serious! Book him for your next event today!

Ryan · Married on 11/26/2016

Planning a wedding is hard enough, Ive been there. Freddy Fontaine aka DJ Backspin made the entire process easy from meeting with him, communication and selecting music for the big day. He went above and beyond anything my Wife and I could have asked for, everyone raved about "our DJ" and I would suggest anyone looking to take some stress off planning a wedding and getting TOP Tier service go with Mr. Fontaine!

Suzie · Married on 11/11/2016

He was good. Wish I heard more of the songs I picked. But i think he was feeling the crowd which I liked.

Samuel · Married on 07/28/2016

I knew I made the right decision to book DJ Backspin from the very start. Freds' professionalism and customer service throughout the wedding planning process was phenomenal. I was very impressed with his attention to detail. Fred took the initiative to schedule an in person meeting 5-6 months before the wedding in which he walked us through the song selection process. We had no idea there were so many songs to pick besides the first dance! He went above and beyond in more ways then I have room to type about. I truly appreciate the time and effort Fred took in finding one particular song we were determined to have during our processional that was hard to find due to its exclusivity. Fred was also flexible and understanding when it came to last minute changes. This is just speaking on the behind the scenes work! When it came to the actual wedding day Fred was focused and attentive throughout the entire day. During the ceremony a curveball was thrown his way with the processional going longer than expected and he handled it with ease. He replayed the song in such a way that no one even noticed. He also Hosted and DJ'd the reception perfectly and checked in to make sure I was happy with the songs being played. Fred had everyone dancing from the older generation to the younger generation. I was quite impressed on how he was able to play music from so many different genres to incorporate the cultures of all the guest we invited. Everyone is still talking about how much fun they had! I highly recommend DJ Backspins services!

Dominique · Married on 07/23/2016

DJ Backspin's level of professionalism, responsiveness, music, quality of services etc were all A+. He kept in touch from the beginning (booking) up until days after my wedding. He made sure I heard all of the songs I wanted, he was great with the crowd and he even made a short video of my reception recap that all of my friends and family have been reposting on social media. I will be booking him again for my future events!

kristina · Married on 07/15/2016

From day one Dj Backspin was amazing. He is professional yet personable and responds to emailed faster than I can read them.
    We needed a crazy variety of music (Spanish, English, old school, disco, etc. ) we were nervous while Searching for A DJ to fulfill our needs. As soon as we met DJ Backspin my husband and I knew he was the perfect fit for us. He was answering our questions before we even asked them, he came with a plan that helped us figure out our plan. He provided a questionnaire that not only
    Helped him but helped me feel like I did not have to worry about the music AT ALL. He had everything under control.
    DJ Backspin went above and beyond the day of our wedding. He was there plenty early, looking sharp and pumped up for the night. During all the commotion of the day/night I remember a bridal party member coming up to me and saying that the DJs energy was contagious. This couldn't have been more true and made me so happy! We asked a lot of him (different introduction songs for each couple and as stated above a crazy veriety of music, a microphone for the ceremony, and two different setups for ceremony/cocktail hour music VS reception music.) he delivered with a smile on his face.
    When deciding the importance of uplighting DJ Backspin shared the pros and cons from his professional/ experienced point-of-view yet did not push us to spend the money. He understood that weddings can get expensive and was not pushy AT ALL. This meant so much to us given that most other vendors and or DJs we had met with were all about up-selling and juicing us for all we had.
    I could go on for hours about how many compliments we received regarding the entertainment during our special day and I give all the credit to DJ Backspin. I would recommend him to Any and everyone. Hiring him means no stress or worries, he will absolutely deliver every step of the way! Well worth the price tag!!!!

Selby · Married on 06/25/2016

DJ Freddy backspin did an AMAZING job for our wedding! He was extremely professional and had our guests dancing all night! He checked in with me throughout the night to be sure I was hearing all the songs that I had wanted to and to make sure I was happy with how the night was going. I would highly recommend him for any wedding or event!!!

Tiffany · Married on 06/18/2016

It is with great pleasure that I write this review for DJ Backspin. Fred and his associate were unbelievable! Fred went above and beyond from the very beginning. He responded to my questions promptly and even met with me to go over details about our music! Our wedding was not a typical American wedding. It was very important to us to make sure both of our families (Portuguese and Ghanaian) were comfortable. Fred made sure there was an equal amount of music for all. He even helped find Ghanaian songs that we couldn't find. Fred is so thorough and professional. He met with my venue and even inquired about the seating arrangements so that his equipment wouldn't interfere. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about him. Everyone was on the dance floor all night and the venue looked even more beautiful with his uplighting. To top it all off, he even found time during the reception to help line up my large wedding party (20+) and remind me to "relax." If you are looking for a professional DJ who is extremely versatile Fred is the guy!! Thank you so much for all of your hardwork!

karin · Married on 04/23/2016

DJ Backspin (Freddy) is awesome! We feel so lucky to have found him. We knew going into the wedding planning process that a DJ would really make or break the energy of our wedding celebration. Knowing we wanted wedding guests to be dancing and having fun the entire evening we were very selective when looking for a DJ. DJ Backspin exceeded our expectations! Before the event, he was very responsive to us and took time to meet up with us in person and answer all of our emails. He made sure to understand and appreciate all of our requests. During the reception, he had all of our guests (young and old) dancing the night away. He did such a great job and brought such an incredible energy to our event. We would absolutely recommend him to anyone who wants a successful yet FUN event with great music.

Liseth · Married on 11/29/2015

Dj Backspin was completely professional, reliable, ans extremely accomodating. My wedding was absolutely perfect, exactly whatnI imagined and more. He pays attention to the smallest details and makes it his business for things to run smoothly! Definitely will be looking for him for future events!!

Santiago · Married on 08/15/2015

DJ Backspin is not just professional he is the most responsible entertainer I've had the chance to work with. I would use and recommend his services to anybody that is looking to have a successful event.