Divine Swine Catering Reviews

42 Reviews for Divine Swine Catering

• Kaycee

Kaycee · Married on 08/30/2019

Great Caterers

Divine Swine was amazing. They worked with us constantly to cater the food options to us. On the day of, they were on time, prompt, and friendly. They got everything done even though they had trouble getting a hold of me for a while. But they made it work and that was so important to us.

Sent on 09/01/2019

Divine Swine Catering's reply:

Thanks Kaycee! It was our pleasure to serve you and we are honored to have been a part if your day. Best wishes,
    Dale Vaillancourt
    Co-Owner

Ashley · Married on 08/25/2018

Divine was great to work with and the food was so great! Very affordable as well! We received a lot of compliments on the food.

Sent on 09/02/2018
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie · Married on 08/11/2018

Our food was delicious and I would highly recommend Divine Swine! They provided delicious food and excellent service during our dinner.

Sent on 08/19/2018

Divine Swine Catering's reply:

Thanks so much...it was a pleasure to serve you!

Alisa · Married on 05/28/2017

These guys are absolutely outstanding! They were so helpful and accommodating while we were planning our wedding and when we were in the process of booking them for our big day. Our guests raved about the food both during the wedding and for days after! And we agree with them - everything was delicious!! The employee they had service the food was so helpful and very accommodating for our guests. We really can't say enough good things about this company. They go above and beyond with everything and we loved having them cater our wedding! Book them now for all your events! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 06/08/2017

Divine Swine Catering's reply:

Thanks, Allsa! It was a pleasure to serve you!

Heather · Married on 09/17/2016

Divine Swine catered our wedding in 2016. My guests are still raving about their food months later! They are extremely responsive, flexible, and reasonably priced! Based on our guest count we ended up requesting a second buffet line (kind of last minute) and they accommodated our request without hesitation. I would highly recommend their catering service for whatever event you are planning!

I will say we went with their basic package (disposable plates, etc) which was still very nice. We considered their upgrades to "real" plates and utensil but decided against it as it adds a significant cost!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Shelly · Married on 10/30/2015

Wow. All I can say. The food was, and still is, (you keep the leftovers) Amazing! I have no words for how fantastic they with everything. We even ended up with a higher guest count 4 days before the wedding and they were able to accommodate perfectly. So easy to work with. Just amazing.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Bridget · Married on 08/29/2015

Divine Swine was wonderful to work with! We contacted one of their competitors first and they were absolutely terrible to get an answer from. Bruce did a great job and was super flexible with us! They have standard options, but really you can create whatever package you want and they will do it. We decided we wanted to do our own silverware and napkins and that was totally fine with them. They showed up on time, set up quietly, helped while people went through the buffet, and then packaged up everything nice and neat for us to take home the leftovers! I would use them for an event again in a heartbeat! The augratin potatoes were AMAZING.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Mia · Married on 07/11/2015

Divine Swine Catering was awesome. They catered our wedding in Minneapolis. Our friend had them cater their wedding and recommended them to us.

1.) The food is delicious and our guests felt the same way. The smoked turkey got a lot of compliments.
    2.) A month before our wedding, our venue fell through and we had to change vendors. Divine Swine remained flexible and supportive as we searched for venues. They basically told us they could set up anywhere, which made things so much easier. Plus, they made a special visit to our new venue and our venue manager to ensure things went smoothly. When the new vendor required only compostable items, Divine Swine easily changed our catering proposal to include them.
    3.) Everyone at Divine Swine was a pleasure to work with. Even our wedding coordinator and venue manager said they were awesome.
    4.) We spent about $2000 on food for 140 people and felt like that was a really good price!

We highly recommend Divine Swine!

Sent on 07/26/2015

Theadora · Married on 10/12/2014

The food was delicious, the service was great (I didn't notice them setting up or tearing down, which I take to be a good sign), and they were flexible with cutting the pies we had for dessert instead of cake. On top of that, the price with the Silver presentation option was still way better value than some other quotes we got for the area. We now have all the leftovers in the chest freezer for those days in the next few months that we don't want to cook.

Sent on 10/20/2014

Everyone at our wedding commented on how good the food was! The best part was that we were allowed to take any of the leftovers! What really sold me with Divine Swine was their customer service. I had forgotten to request forks for our wedding cake (as well as the knife to cut the cake)...oops. One of the staff on site (we chose to do an outdoor wedding so a kitchen was no where in sight) dug up a bag of plastic forks and a metal knife for us to use to cut our cake. Crisis averted! Definitely would recommend!!

Sent on 05/14/2015

kelsey · Married on 10/04/2014

The food was amazing and the guy who came out to prepare and serve it was so kind!!

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 09/20/2014

Our catering was honestly one of my favorite parts of the whole day. Staring at the tasting, the owner was so laid back and instantly made us feel important and at ease. He listened to what we wanted, and didn't hesitate to allow us to add more to our menu then what is "normal". We made a few changes to our order after making the contract, and it never was a big deal. The day of, the team showed up right on time, set it all up, looked professional, and were willing to help beyond their "duties". We received so many compliments one the food. I believe that the "comfort" of the food helped make the guests feel comfortable and relaxed.

Sent on 09/28/2014

Divine Swine Catering's reply:

Thanks, Kelly! Glad you enjoyed our food. Best wishes!

Richard · Married on 07/26/2014

Very good food, easy to work with. Also fair prices

Sent on 08/24/2014

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2013

After our wedding, SO many of our friends and family raved about the food from Divine Swine. We were referred to them by a friend and will definitely continue the referral tree. You can't beat delicious food for a great price!

Sent on 11/12/2014

Lindsay · Married on 06/07/2013

Divine swine was probably my favorite vendor for the whole wedding. The whole staff was so nice and laid back, very attentive and accommodating. The food was over the top amazing!! EVERYONE loved the food and would not stop talking about it. Leftovers were just as good!!! They were so great about my cake too. I was asking if they offered cake cutting, they dont but they still did it at no extra charge. They even packed up left overs and my top. It was such a nice surprise when I came home.

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • Steph

Steph · Married on 05/25/2013

Just the fact that they list their pricing including tax and gratuity on their website is extremely helpful! Bruce was very helpful and always got back to me quickly. When we did our tasting, they even sent home large samples of everything for my mom who couldn't make it! Our guests raved about the food and went up for 3rds, 4ths and 5ths. We went with their biggest package and for 95 guests only came out to a little above $2k, can't beat that!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Angie · Married on 09/15/2012

Highly recommend! Divine Swine was fantastic! Had many compliments from all of my guests. I was very pleased. Thank you again Divine Swine!!!

Sent on 10/05/2012
  • É

Élen · Married on 06/24/2012

Fantastic food that our guests raved about. Simple, good food that worked perfectly with our casual, farm wedding. Friendly staff, very professional, great value. Would definitely recommend them, and will use them for any future events.

Sent on 03/24/2014

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2011

The food was excellent and the service was wonderful! Everyone was friendly and willing to help out. We highly recommend Divine Swine for any event!

Sent on 06/23/2011

Erin · Married on 10/23/2010

Divine Swine was great to work with - very flexible and friendly. The food was wonderful! I had so many guests from the wedding tell me that the food we had was the best wedding food they have ever eaten! The server came early and helped out with taking down our appetizers and setting tables for us. She also stayed late to help bus some of the tables. I couldn't be happier with the service they provided us. I will definitely use them again for holiday and family parties.

Sent on 11/04/2010

jasmine · Married on 08/14/2010

The food is DELISH! We received so many compliments on how great the food was - wedding food is not supposed to be that delicious!

Bruce was great to work with - very flexible and quick to respond to any questions I had. Would highly recommend DSC!

Sent on 08/31/2010

L · Married on 05/01/2010

Everyone at DSC was extremely nice- I could not have asked for a better vendor! We worked with Bruce and Dale (for chair rentals for the ceremony). The tasting was wonderful. We had a semi-formal wedding and the food was perfect, not too formal but definitely delicious. We went with the roast pork and turkey, garlic mashed potato, and mac and cheese. Yummy!!!!

Sent on 05/21/2010
  • Miss Apricot

Janna · Married on 05/30/2009

Our reception site only allows a handful of catering companies. At first, we nearly overlooked Divine Swine, mostly since I'm not a big pork person. Several of the other vendors were out of our price range, and the one we were most interested in ending up being less than helpful, (one individual was borderline rude). So we took another look at Divine Swine. Am I ever glad we did!

Our tasting was GREAT, and we decided to book them that day. We got a lot of compliments on the food, (we went with turkey and beef; they do do more than just pig roasts!), and even more on the rootbeer kegs!!!

All the staff that I had contact with from the tasting to the day of were friendly, courteous, and professional. My ONLY (small) complaint was that they don't do cake-cutting. We did find out the day of that certain staff members do cut cake, but at that time, we had already found a couple family members to do it.

Don't be put off by the name, the food is AMAZING! We had some no-shows at the wedding, so we had extra leftovers, which we froze and are still enjoying! Their loss, our gain!

Sent on 07/06/2009

Tania · Married on 12/13/2008

Divine Swine did a GREAT job catering my wedding. The food was delicious, and the attendants went above and beyond to help make things flow smoothly. They even cut my cake! They were very flexible and you get a ton of value for the cost. I will definitely use them again for big events.

Sent on 05/05/2009

Aubrey · Married on 09/27/2008

Food was fantastic! It was so fun to have a pig roast for the wedding, and everything turned out great. We got to keep all our leftovers too, so we were eating wedding food for 2 weeks! So good!

Sent on 10/08/2008