District Remix Reviews

167 | Columbia, MD

167 Reviews for District Remix

• Meghan

Meghan Hamilton · Getting married on 10/02/2021

Can't say enough good things!

Jason was the best! He was super organized and helped us figure out the flow of the event. All of the speeches, special dances and announcements were intertwined with the event perfectly thanks to Jason's suggestions. The music was on point, he played every song we wanted to hear and really understood our vibe. We had several people compliment the music all night! Definitely worth it!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Priscilla Cuellar · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Excellent experience, from inital meeting to final song!

Jacob and the rest of the District Remix team were an excellent addition to our wedding! They were professional, attentive, accessible, and most of all, fun! He helped make the wedding planning process easier. Everything went off without a hitch..our guests had an amazing time! I would highly recommend Jacob and District Remix!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Mary Clare Collins · Married on 06/13/2020

Simply, the best

We all know the music drives the party and Ryan & team absolutely did that. The experience was extremely professional and EASY BREEZY which is a lot to ask at this point. My husband and I got married in the middle of a pandemic but District Remix was so easy to work with and extremely flexible. Now for the fun part. The music was AWESOME. Ryan listened to our likes and dislikes and did a great job incorporating all of the different genres we like to dance to. His mixes were awesome and it had us and our guests breaking it down on the dance floor the entire night. We are still talking about the music weeks afterwards. We will absolutely recommend Ryan and District Remix to all of our friends moving forward.

Sent on 07/25/2020
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Lotman · Married on 03/14/2020

Awesome!!!

Jacob was absolutely awesome!!! We had multiple planning calls leading up to the wedding, and District Remix has a great planning portal that makes the whole process easy. All our friends and family loved Jacob and spent the whole night on the dance floor. I would highly recommend Jacob and District Remix!!

Sent on 04/09/2020
  • Carrie

Carrie Arentz · Married on 02/22/2020

Look no further!

My husband and his brother work in the wedding industry so when it came time to plan our wedding, we already knew we wanted Jacob from District Remix. He was the ONLY DJ that my husband even mentioned so to me that just said a lot in itself. Jacob was AMAZING! He was fun, personable, and he catered to our request of our reception being a big party (3 hours of open dancing)! I wanted individual songs for each member of our bridal party too which I didn’t think would “flow” but Jacob made it all mesh together and it just made everything that much more personalized and fun! We had so many compliments from our guests and the dance floor was always full. I cannot say enough good things about District Remix!

Sent on 03/03/2020

Jen Taylor · Married on 02/08/2020

Danced the Night Away

It was easy to commit to Jason as our DJ after we spent time chatting with him on the phone. His passion for music was clear and he knows how important it is to give each couple the wedding that they want - not just use a standard playlist. We found a great balance between giving him direction/feel and letting him put together the playlists. Our group really likes to dance, so it was important for us to have great music, but we didn’t need someone to MC. Jason had a few moments where he announced things - like our entrance and parent dances, but for the most part he faded into the background, in the best of all possible ways. He really heard us and implemented everything we asked for - and kept people on the dance floor all night long.

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Meaghan

Meaghan · Married on 12/14/2019

Great experience!

We worked with DJ Steve and he was so awesome!! He mixed for us before we signed the contract to get a taste of his style and he was super easy to work with. He got a feel for what music we like and wanted played and also made sure the night stayed on course. He has a passion for music and is overall a very sweet guy. I highly recommend going with Steve at District Remix, you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Ecker · Married on 12/07/2019

Dopest dj!

We could not recommend Jacob and District Remix enough! From start to finish, they knocked it out of the park in preparing for the wedding and on the night itself. Jacob was responsive, patient, and professional, and our communications were prompt and seamless. Jacob got to know Mike and I's music tastes and artist favorites and the music at our wedding reflected everything so perfectly. Jacob has the party going for hours on end. We did not stop dancing the entire night. For real. I never left the dance floor and it was packed with amazing energy the whole night. Everyone is still asking who our DJ was because they were so impressed by the quality of Jacob and his team. Hire them ASAP!

Sent on 01/21/2020

District Remix's reply:

You are the bomb-diggity Rachel! We had such an amazing time with you and are ready to party again at the drop of a hat! Can't wait to rock out with you and Mike soon!
  • Emily

Emily Schreiber · Married on 11/30/2019

A m a z i n g d j ' s

I would highly recommend Jason from District Remix at any event. Not only was he very responsive to emails but he followed up by phone the same day I reached out to him. He customized the introduction songs to fit our wants and formed a playlist that suited us and our guests. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night, which is exactly what we hoped for. We couldn't have asked for anything more from Jason and his team. We really enjoyed working with him from the moment we met him. Additionally, he was a musical mind reader-- when my husband and I initially met him he asked what kind of music we liked. Without knowing many artists or specific songs, just genres, he was able to take what we described and make it come alive. He provided great service, demonstrated professionalism and was very responsive.

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing DJ!

Jason was the main DJ at our wedding this past weekend along with his assistant. They did an amazing job keeping our guests dancing all night long. So many of our guests said they hadn’t danced in a long time prior to our wedding. Jason played all of the songs we had requested and truly catered to the wedding to make it unique to us. Thank you Jason for helping us throw the party of a lifetime! We can’t recommend Jason and his team enough!

Sent on 11/06/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazingggg

My husband and I cannot say enough about Jacob and district remix! Music is a huge part of our lives and the DJ was the first vendor we picked after we had our wedding date set. We followed them on social media and hyped Jacob up through the entire engagement to all of our friends and family and even so he still exceeded our every expectation. He had the dance floor packed for the entire night and even months later our guests are still raving about him! He was easy to work with and offered great suggestions. The online planning website made planning a breeze. We had engaged friends who weren’t able to come to the wedding reach out to us for the contact info because they had friends at the wedding talk Jacob up so much!!

Sent on 01/15/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Righter · Married on 10/26/2019

Great Music for my wedding

Jason Wallace from District Remix came highly recommended by a friend and he did not disappoint. One thing I really wanted for my wedding was great music and a packed dancefloor and Jason kept the music going so we could have as much dance time as possible. He was very responsive and spent time choosing music and helping me get the timeline set. It really was a great experience and I'd recommend Jason and District Remix for any event but especially a wedding!

Sent on 11/01/2019

Timothy · Married on 10/19/2019

Steve took our wedding to the next level!

Steve with District Remix was absolutely amazing. He took all our conversations and translated them to create the most seamless wedding we’ve ever been to – though we’re obviously biased since it was our own! His eye for detail and previous experience was apparent as he navigated the audio for our ceremony, curated the perfect balance of songs for our cocktail hour, and packed the dance floor all night long. His vibe fit our musical tastes perfectly, and he took our wedding to the next level.

Our guests had such a good time that we’ve actually had three different friends and family members ask us who our DJ was because they’re also in the process of planning their weddings. We seriously can’t recommend Steve with District Remix enough!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Morgan

Morgan Appel · Married on 10/12/2019

Dj jacob jensen is amazing!

Jacob was the most perfect DJ for our wedding day. I made him a Spotify list ahead of time to show him the style I was looking for, and he played almost every song on the list! He also added in songs that totally fit with the vibe of my party. During the wedding, I had SO many guests comment on how much they loved the music being played. Our wedding was one for the books, and most of it is thanks to Jacob!! 100% RECOMMEND!!

Sent on 10/16/2019
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/11/2019

Hire them!

We are still completely blown away by DJ Jacob and District Remix almost two months after our wedding. Jacob understood our vibe, executed flawlessly, and rolled with the punches when our bridal party rushed his set-up during the wedding. Since the wedding, we have had SO many compliments from our guests about Jacob and his incredible music selection. I’ve said on multiple occasions that I’d like Jacob and District Remix at all my future functions (baby showers, work promotions, random dinners at home, etc.) and that I wished I had access to our playlist from our wedding day. I cannot recommend District Remix enough!

Sent on 12/03/2019

District Remix's reply:

Love you Justine!!! You all were so amazing to party with!!!! Can we do this again, like tomorrow???

Alex Melesko · Married on 10/09/2019

DJ Ryan - Couldn't have asked for a better DJ

Ryan was an excellent DJ. We were picky about having a good DJ and talking with him a couple times before the wedding, he really impressed us with answering all our questions and making great suggestions. He was both flexible to our needs (songs to play or not) and knew what the crowd wanted. He did an amazing job at our cocktail hour, dinner and reception. Many guests commented on how great the music was and we can’t think of any way he could’ve been better. Would definitely recommend to others!

Sent on 05/12/2019
  • Amanda

Mandy · Married on 10/05/2019

Loved Jason!!!

Jason was so much fun to work with! We were nervous at first because we had no idea where to start with our play list but Jason had great suggestions and every song under the sun to pick from! My favorite thing was that he had his own mash ups of songs and mixed songs together as a transition during the night. There was no awkward silence or song transition at all. Jason did an amazing job!

Sent on 04/26/2020
  • Nina

Nina Baker · Married on 09/13/2019

Best DJ around!

Jacob Jensen with District Remix was HIGHLY recommended by a former bride and our wedding planner. We saw footage from some of his weddings and knew he was the DJ for us. Jacob is extremely personable, professional and organized. After our initial meeting with him, we were more than confident with our decision to hire him. Jacob brings incredible energy and really knows how to keep everyone on the dance floor! His music selections were spot on for us and our guests. I had multiple people comment to me about how great our DJ was and how much fun he made the reception. If you want to have the BEST party during your wedding or event, hire District Remix!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Geneva Denney · Married on 09/07/2019

Perfect Night - Perfect Music

We worked with Jason from District Remix - he came recommended from another bride, and wow, we could not be more grateful! We clicked with Jason when we did our initial meeting with him - he understood our taste and listened to the things we discussed. The actual wedding party was perfect! All the songs we picked were prefect, and he helped when needed. Jason also created a perfect timeline for us so we knew when and were special requests would make an appearance. Best of all, everyone - everyone, danced the entire night. I really don't think people wanted to leave. We highly recommend using Jason for your upcoming event - he absolutely killed it!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Kaitlin Burke · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Jacob was incredible the entire process of our wedding! He made our entire reception the greatest night ever. There was night a dull moment on the dance floor. I am so happy with Jacob as our DJ and would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2019

Josie · Married on 08/10/2019

Look no further. Hire District Remix!

Need a DJ? Look no further. Jason Wallace is worth every penny and then some. He was attentive to our music needs from the minute we met him about a year before the wedding to the wedding day. The music was outstanding from start to finish. Once the first note of music was played to the last song, NO ONE left the dance floor. On a scale of 5 stars, I give him 10 stars!

• Ray

Ray Cajudoy · Married on 08/03/2019

All that you could ask for in a DJ

Jacob Jensen with District Remix was an absolute pleasure to work with. From our first appointment and interaction, we knew that this was the DJ that would take our wedding entertainment to the next level. Our guests had so much fun and were raving about the DJ, as the dance floor was packed the entire night.

Jacob is very responsive to any requests, but is also able to help guide you through the process if you need that assistance. If there is a special artist, song, or version of a song, he is able to find it and make it happen. We had a multi song flash mob routine at our wedding, and Jacob was great in mixing the songs so the transitions were seamless.

Jacob, along with the other DJs at District Remix are extremely professional and entertaining, and will prove to be your right choice in selecting a DJ.

Katherine · Married on 08/02/2019

Awesome DJ

Working with Jacob was great. from our first meeting. He was professional, confident, and was able to pick up on our taste really quickly. He put together some great playlists and mixes for us that we never would have thought of. Jacob was also very organized and on top of everything, which was much appreciated during that chaotic time. He provided great suggestions when we asked about music suggestions, and generally just made us feel very confident and relaxed through the process that everything was going to turn out well. Honestly, he did a fantastic job and was worth every penny.

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Schultz · Married on 08/02/2019

Absolutely, hands down the best DJ ever!!!

From the start we were blown away at Jason's talent and professionalism. I felt like we were in such good hands in the planning process. Then the wedding day arrived and he killed it! All our friends and family loved the music and atmosphere Jason provided. I have a very soft spot in my heart for him now for making the biggest day of my life the absolute best day of my life!

Sent on 08/26/2019
  • Carmen

Carmen Rose · Married on 07/26/2019

Jason was amazing!!

Working with Jason was such a stress-free and wonderful experience. He was so responsive and helpful during the process and he knew exactly what we wanted. We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding. Many of our guests commented on how awesome our DJ was! You are in good hands with Jason and District Remix. They are amazing!