Distinctive Photo Images Reviews

Distinctive Photo Images 5
Distinctive Photo Images 6
Distinctive Photo Images 7

Morgan · Married on 10/14/2017

Jim did an amazing job photographing our wedding! The photos are perfect and I would definitely say it was worth the investment.

Sent on 11/24/2017
    Distinctive Photo Images 8
    Distinctive Photo Images 9
    Distinctive Photo Images 10
    Distinctive Photo Images 11
    Distinctive Photo Images 12

Angie · Married on 09/23/2017

Jim and his lovely wife treated me like I was family through my bridals to my wedding. They were very detail specific and made sure each picture was perfect. Each ahot came out better than i could ever hoped. Being a larger bride I was hesitant to spend a large amount of my budget on pictures, but they made me look amazing! It was 100% worth it. I highly recommend Distinctive Images!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Courtney · Married on 09/23/2017

Full disclosure: Jim is my uncle-in-law, and he provided his services as a gift to us.
    We did not have engagement photos taken with Jim - just wedding photos. Before the wedding, he made himself available on multiple occasions to talk with us about the day's schedule, and was full of suggestions for how to make things run smoothly. On the day of, he was punctual and organized, yet was also easygoing and friendly. It was a joy to spend time with him on our wedding day!
    We are very happy with the quality of the photos that we have received. Jim takes beautiful portraits, and he's excellent at finding shots with breathtaking backdrops. You can tell that he loves and takes pride in what he does! He has also been very responsive to emails about retouching, printing, and putting together an album. Overall, we are very pleased.

Sent on 12/11/2017
    Distinctive Photo Images 13
    Distinctive Photo Images 14

Kimberly · Married on 09/16/2017

Jim is an amazing photographer and a great person! He knows how to make a photo session fun... even when you’re getting a little grumpy and ready to eat! He makes you laugh and cry tears of joy, and he knows just how to capture every precious moment. I highly recommend Jim, his wife and his team to make your wedding day last forever and ever!

I’ll admire, be inspired, and truly enjoy these photographs for the rest of my life...

Sent on 09/28/2017

Lindsay · Married on 06/03/2017

Quality work, personal service! Thoroughly pleased with our photos.

Sent on 11/19/2017

Logan · Married on 04/01/2017

Distinctive Photo Images was a great vendor for our wedding. From engagement pics to the wedding day it was nothing but the best service. I really feel like we got a lot for what we paid and all the pictures (prints and online images) are great quality. I would definitely refer Distinctive Photo Images to someone else and hope that one day in the future I can have more photos done with them.

Sent on 11/27/2017

Rachel · Married on 03/11/2017

Hiring Jim was the best decision I made for my wedding! He was by far the best vendor I worked with. All of my guests were blown away with his work ethic, his delighful attitude, and how wonderful our pictures came out. I have been in many weddings- nobody compares!!! Thank you again Jim- can’t wait for the next event!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Emily · Married on 10/22/2016

Jim is was a wonderful photographer and definitely captured some of the most special moments during wedding! Not only does he have a gift for posed pictures, but he got some great candida shots as well. Jim was professional, yet very easy-going and flexible. He always responded to emails, texts, phone calls in a timely manner. My husband and I would recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer!

Lisa · Married on 10/15/2016

This company is over the top. Exceptional service & quality!!!

Sent on 11/22/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/15/2016

Wonderful experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Karen · Married on 09/24/2016

Jim and his wife were wonderful to work with. They made my daughter's engagement photos, portraits and wedding photos and did an outstanding job with all of them. Jim was very understanding when we had to cancel and reschedule the day of portraits and worked so hard to find a time and day that would work for her to do them. He is quick to respond to your questions and orders. We enjoyed working with them SO much! Thanks for the beautiful memories!

LAUREN · Married on 09/03/2016

Even a hurricane in the middle of the wedding couldn't stop Jim from taking the most beautiful photos. He was very generous with his time and has a wonderful eye for getting the perfect photos. We could not have been happier with his work

Sent on 09/23/2016

Rebecca · Married on 08/20/2016

Jim was wonderful! You won't regret having him as your photographer.

Jenna · Married on 07/30/2016

It was a wonderful experience working with Jim. He has a kind heart and really takes the time to get to know you to make your pictures perfect and tailored to you. He went above and beyond all expectations of a photographer on our wedding day. Even with last minute changes, he was very accommodating! With all of the planning and last minute details, he was very easy to get in contact with. Email and phone responses were very quick, which was comforting as our day rapidly approached. He captured so many wonderful moments that my husband, family and I will cherish for the rest of our lives! You definitely cannot go wrong with him!

Rebecca · Married on 05/13/2016

Jim was wonderfully professional and had a great eye for the details. The one thing I might have done differently was to create a list of pictures for Jim to ensure that I got all shots desired, as the day of things were so crazy I missed several shots I would have wanted (but that's totally on me!). The pictures, shots, color, and memories captured were spectacular!

Sent on 11/26/2016

Erin · Married on 09/25/2015

Jim was the most wonderful person to work with. Him and his wife are such great people and made us so comfortable. Jim was reliable, comforting and such a great photographer. He was definately one of the best parts of our wedding.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Danielle · Married on 08/08/2015

Jim is an amazing photographer. He always was so kind which is important to me when working with a vendor. He listens to you and works with you to help you capture your vision for your wedding. The photos were the most important part of my wedding. I was more than satisfied with the images! I was ecstatic! They are perfect. Jim worked with us every step of the way and was very flexible in making plans as I was getting married where he was located but I lived 5 hours away. Throughout the entire engagement and planning process Jim made himself available via email and his cellphone. I felt as if I could always count on him! He made being far away very easy. He was able to work around my delicate work schedule to plan my engagement sessions as well as bridal session. He always made sure I was satisfied with my images. I will definitely go back to him in the future for family and children portraits when that time comes! His friendliness and ability to capture beautiful images have guaranteed my business and I look forward to working with him again as well as referring all of my bridal friends!

Sent on 01/24/2016

Jim and his staff were the photographers for our wedding this past May of 2015 in New Bern, NC. I met Jim about 8 months prior to my wedding and hired him on the spot. His photos were amazing and he had such an easy going, kind personality which I immediately loved and knew would be perfect for the day of my wedding. He snapped amazing shots during our rehearsal and captured the most beautiful images the day of our wedding. I really wanted to capture the "real" moments, and while I definitely did the traditional posed photos, Jim and his team captured the true essence and magic of our wedding day snapping moments I didn't even know they were getting. I wasn't going to order a book originally but after Jim dropped off a slide show, literally the morning after our wedding, I was so impressed I had to order a book. I would highly recommend Jim to anyone getting married, taking family photos, or anything in between. He was amazing! Thanks for capturing our special day and for helping to keep those memories alive for years to come. :)

Sent on 12/16/2015

Christina · Married on 05/02/2015

Simply the best! Pure genius in capturing the most beautiful and memorable moments. Great direction and an eye for that perfect shot! Organized, detailed and talented. Not only a pleasure to work with, but is highly recommended and applauded by other vendors and those in community. He even helped guide me through other processes and was incredibly helpful. I was referred to Jim by everyone hands down. He is truly the best and we all deserve the best for our special moments in life. He will capture every moment and you can cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Nancy · Married on 09/27/2014

We have not seen the finished product yet... but the snippets look amaaaazzzzing! Jim was professional and everywhere. Excited to see all the photos.

Sent on 10/02/2014

Katy · Married on 06/07/2014

Jim was an AWESOME photographer to work with. He dealt with us through a long engagement and several different wedding dates. He always makes you feel like you're his most important client. Most importantly, his photos are stunning. He captures perfect moments that are so special later on. Him and his staff was also very flexible on our wedding day and worked tirelessly to ensure they didn't miss a single picture. I would recommend Distinctive Photo Images to anyone and everyone for important events.

Sent on 06/12/2014

Bill · Married on 10/05/2013

Jim and his staff were great. They agreed to meeting with us as often as we requested prior to the event to get more information from us as well as our personalities. He always had a plan of photographical action that he had scripted and was always seeking that extra picture, with that perfect smile, that would remind you later of that moment. His support staff were extremely courteous and helpful. His equipment worked to perfection and he knew how to use it. Bottom line, I was responsible for the hiring of approximately 13 vendors for my daughters wedding and he would certainly be in the top three of those hires.Jim and his staff also proved themselves to be professional, courteous, and extremely responsive. He proved to be everything and more that my daughter wanted and I thank him humbly and graciously for his service. I would openly recommend him without any issue of compromise and would certainly recommend his service for any occasion.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Sanela · Married on 08/24/2013

Distinctive Photography provides excellent photography services. They provide great quality photos, are reliable and flexible with their schedules.

Sent on 10/22/2013

Jim was absolutely AMAZING! I could not say that enough! We have a very basic church but Jim was able to make the church come alive in our pictures and pick out beautiful spots that made the church look beautiful! He did not get stressed even though we were pressed for time and catered to my every need. He took beautiful pictures at the reception and we were able to see all the guests who celebrated with us and every detail of work that went into that day from looking at his pictures! He was so easy to work with and went out of his way to work with our busy wedding schedule throughout the entire wedding planning process and I highly recommend him!!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Traci · Married on 06/15/2013

Excellent photographer! Very pleased with the number of photos taken, different shots and quality of the photos. I would definitely recommend him to other friends and family members.

Sent on 10/22/2013