Dish Catering Reviews

40 | Frenchtown, NJ

40 Reviews for Dish Catering

Kate · Married on 10/22/2011

We are thrilled that we chose DiSH Catering for both our Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding Reception in October 2011. From the minute we met with James and Michele we knew that they were a perfect fit for us. James patiently answered every question and solved every potential problem that came up during the planning process, including adjustments and changes to the menu and last minute napkin choices. His helpful opinions and wealth of experiences helped guide us to confidently make decisions about all the important little details for both events. James and the DiSH staff also helped coordinate all of the tent and lighting rentals, as well as helping to coordinate the purchase and delivery of the alcohol for our event. We also had the pleasure of working with Jonathan for our wedding reception. The entire DiSH team was a true pleasure to work with, we had many guests come up to compliment us not only on the choice of amazing foods, but also to tell us how friendly, professional and unobtrusive the entire catering staff was.
    The food was truly amazing. At our Rehearsal Dinner our guests could not stop talking about the delicious and juicy grilled chicken and grilled flank steak. We selected the signature S’mores service for our Rehearsal Dinner dessert and our guests could not stop talking about how fun it was to spend time together around the “camp fire” and enjoy the delicious homemade marshmallows – a truly unique experience! At our Reception, our guests could not stop raving about the food, from cocktail hour straight through to dessert. We had so many compliments about the food and in particular, about the delicious wedding cake.
    Our only regret in choosing DiSH is that we did not get to enjoy enough of the amazing food on our wedding day because we were so busy greeting our guests and spending time with them. At both cocktail hour and during the reception, we were each brought a plate of food to enjoy, but the excitement of the day took over and we never got to enjoy the full deliciousness of the food. Now we joke we have to find a friend looking to cater an event and make sure they choose DiSH so we can enjoy all the goodness of DiSH catering!

Sent on 11/19/2011
  • O

Olivia · Married on 07/16/2011

I can't say enough great things about Dish catering and James Maroldi in particular! We didn't know what to expect looking for a caterer, but from our first meeting with James, my fiance and I felt like we were in great hands and Dish certainly did not disappoint. Throughout the entire planning process, James was always available, very attentive and extremely organized. It felt like we were the only wedding he was working on (though I'm sure he was dealing with at least a dozen more brides!), which certainly took a lot of stress off our shoulders. I knew that any detail that needed to be thought about and taken care of was. James really went above and beyond on our wedding weekend. He met the rental company at our venue the day before the wedding to make sure everything was delivered and setup properly- even our venue coordinator said he had never seen a caterer show so much attention. He was in communication all weekend and when we got to the venue, the setup looked even more perfect than I had imagined. I don't think I was extremely specific in describing my vision, but whatever details I gave, James totally understood and absolutely nailed it! And the food! The food was amazing! We requested a couple of tastings to get the short ribs perfect and on the wedding day it truly was! The Dish staff cooked for 100 people and every meal was great. So many guests told us and our parents that it was the best wedding meal they had ever had, and I completely agree. They were even very accommodating to my gluten free diet . I can't go on enough about how much I recommend Dish Catering. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/05/2016
  • F

Fred · 0000-00-00

I want more daughters so we can use DISH again. Perfection in service, quality,guantity, attention to detail. Did everything they promised. Our amazing Red Mill Venue under the big top was only superceded by DIsh and what they do. C'mon folks lets get the word out ..Dish has no equal!, James Maroldi and his staff offer NYC quality in every detail...btw did I mention the food was off the charts!!!. You work with dish you have..NO WORRIES..Thanks James... Fred and Jean Palma Clinton..

Sent on 09/05/2016

Meredith · Married on 06/02/2018

We worked with James, who was AWESOME! Super responsive, easy to work with, very flexible, and provided us with so many options to make our day perfect. Great food, great people. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/22/2018

Richard · Married on 10/08/2016

James and the Dish staff were absolutely amazing. The food is some of the best wedding food I've had anywhere, and the service is unmatched. James effectively acted as our wedding planner; he bounced ideas off of us and we bounced ideas off of him-- and the execution resulted in a wedding that was better than we had hoped for. Dish took care of everything from rentals to dance floor to food & alcohol and while the price may be slightly higher than the competition, the quality most definitely shows in the end result. When we had a secondary vendor break down only a couple weeks before the wedding, Dish was able to fill in and wound up being just as good an option as the original choice--- and James was helpful and understanding the entire way. They even helped us setup all of our personal design ideas for which they weren't responsible for.

Check out their food and send them an email and you'll quickly realize that Dish is the way to go.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Rachel · Married on 05/21/2016

Outstanding food and service! James was fantastic:) Dish provided everything from tables, chairs, linens, silverware and an outstanding meal!! We did not lay a finger on anything, they assembled and tore down. The decorations I provided were arranged beautifully! We can not thank Dish enough for an amazing wedding!!

Sent on 06/14/2016

Brian · Married on 10/15/2011

James and his staff did a wonderful job with our wedding. James was very accessible and easy to work with in all aspects of our reception. He helped us choose a menu, hash out details and answer questions whilst setting our mind at ease through this often stressful process of event planning. The staff was punctual, professional and friendly and the food was delicious. We hope to use James and Dish again in the future for other parties and would recommend them for any catered event. Truly a pleasure to deal with and highly recommended!!

Brian & Allison,
    Doylestown, PA

Sent on 01/28/2012

3.5

Dish Catering provided the most amazing food for our wedding. Everyone was raving about how delicious it all was. They also helped to create the cake of my dreams. It was not only beautiful but it tasted so good! James was our coordinator and he helped us to have a smooth day--always checking to see if we needed anything on our wedding day (drinks, etc.) James reachable via phone and e-mail and always got back to us when we had questions throughout the planning process. I would definitely recommend them for another wedding or event. I am so glad we chose them for our wedding!

Sent on 06/30/2014

3.5

I worked with Jennifer to put together a package that was within my budget, which was very difficult for a 225 people wedding! We were able to add on cultural meals that represented our cultures, dominican and vietnamese. DiSH worked like a well oiled machine on the day of, the food came out fast and delicious. They packed everything up afterwards and kept it in the corner for me to pick up the next day. They are so professional, even when things felt like they were going wrong, Jennifer and her staff were able to pull miracles out of thing air. I could not be any happier with their service and their food.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Kathleen · Married on 08/20/2011

James at Dish Catering was phenomenal. He listened to what I wanted and also gave suggestions of things that previous guests had enjoyed. He also took my odd cake request in stride and the results amazed me. (I requested a cupcake tier cake with a six inch cake on top to cut, decorated like a pond with geese on it. It was absolutely beautiful and exactly what I wanted!) Everything was delicious and they had plenty of vegetarian options. from appetizers to entrees. (The mushroom risotto was the best I've ever had.) I would hire Dish again in a heartbeat; they were easy to work with and everything they provided was fabulous. (Also, the catering staff were polite, helpful, and very professional!)

Sent on 09/27/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 09/02/2017

3.5

When planning our wedding, being the foodies that we are, my fiancé and I knew that we wanted the CUISINE to be entertainment. For our small, yet sophisticated garden affair, Dish Catering was the perfect fit! James gave us a good impression right from the start. Unlike other caterers in the area that scoffed at the idea of an intimate 40 (or less) seated meal at a family home, James was excited and seemed eager for a challenge. It seemed as if no idea was out of reach. When the forecast called for torrential downpours and I became a nervous bride with thousands of questions, James stayed cool, calm, and collected. I was confident that he would be able to deliver an event, despite the weather conditions. He took care of everything- from the tent, to the table settings, pre-ceremony cocktail hour, to the cake. Because Dish is a "one stop shop", wedding planning seemed a lot less overwhelming. The day of the wedding, James and his staff remained professional and accommodating, making last minute decisions without breaking a sweat. Their professionalism was matched by a spectacular, fresh, multi-course menu served at a relaxed pace just as I had asked. Each course was delightfully plated and portions never overwhelming. James and his staff were able to serve a positively pretentious meal in an ambiance that felt more like Sunday dinner with family. Servers blended in to their surroundings, but never ignored the small details like filling a water glass, clearing a plate, (re)folding a napkin, and making sure that each guest had the wine that was paired with the course presented. The filet was one of the best I've had in years and...want to know the crazy part??...it was prepared in a garage converted into a kitchen!! Now THAT'S talent. I cannot say enough about this company. I'm incredibly impressed, as were my guests (many of whom have worked in the hospitality business for years). If you're in the area, don't choose anyone else but Dish!

Sent on 09/07/2017

3.5

We hired Dish to cater our wedding at an outdoor picnic pavilion. Understanding that we wanted something fun, more casual, vegan/veg friendly and budget-friendly, James worked with us to configure the perfect menu of fried chicken, a taco/burrito bar, various salads/sides and some super delicious desserts, to design the perfect floorplan and to select rental equipment for the event. The food was delicious! Many of our guests said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had! Their staff were extremely organized, friendly and professional. They really paid attention to detail, particularly with the presentation of the food and the overall setup of the space. The display of the food and desserts looked like it should have been in a magazine. Dish was essential in taking a basic picnic pavilion and turning it into a beautiful wedding space with absolutely delicious food! They handled everything and we didn't have to think about a thing ... besides dancing!

Sent on 06/18/2014

Michelle · Married on 10/05/2013

DISH catered my farm wedding at Valley Crest Farm and Preserve and did an outstanding job. The event coordinator James was attentive for the most part, especially the day of, the food was delicious (get their signature smores firepit!), and the set-up and cleanup was totally and flawlessly taken care of by their staff. Great caterer!

Sent on 10/08/2013

Silvia · Married on 08/22/2009

3.0

My guests are STILL talking about how amazing the food was at the wedding. I highly recommend the Cuban Pork and the Grouper. Food and presentation were amazing, and I feel as though I can say that with confidence as I work in events in NYC where the expectation is very high.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Carol · Married on 05/25/2013

4.2
      3.5

Although I was present at the tasting, some items were not done as well at the event. The potato salad was undercooked, and some of the chicken was dry. The staff, however, were superb and did everything to make the event flow.

Sent on 06/09/2013