Direct Sound Wedding DJ Decor & Event Lighting Service Reviews

18 | Lancaster, CA

18 Reviews for Direct Sound Wedding DJ Decor & Event Lighting Service

Heather · Married on 10/10/2015

Mike was great to work with and made the wedding flow smoothly! Great selection of music and awesome lighting!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Lorraine · Married on 10/27/2012

Mike has made my daughters wedding everything she dreamed it could be. From the first planning meeting and throughout the wedding day itself, Mike was exceptional. His knowledge in music and lighting made the day beyond what we had imagined. He helped us stick to our budget while covering every aspect of a large wedding. Everyone left saying it truly was the most energetic and fun wedding they had ever attended.

Sent on 01/03/2013

Alicia · Married on 06/16/2012

Dj Mike made our special day a day we will never forget. The lighting and music were both a 10 out of 10! He was 100% prepared for anything that we might have needed (like a second soundsystem that we end up needing). My family and guests had so much fun and i didnt see them get off the dance floor once. He really does know how to set the mood and different settings to your specific wants. The music was also great picks it was perfect for the age diversity. I would totally recommend choosing dj mike great price,very professional, and amazing quality and outcome! Thanks again Mike:)

Sent on 01/05/2013

Hector · Married on 06/20/2009

OUR WEDDING COULD NOT HAVE BEEN SO AMAZINGLY MEMORABLE IF NOT FOR THE "SUPER HIGH TECH" & "UNSURPASSED PROFESSIONALISM" THAT MIKE BROUGHT WITH HIS SOUND & LIGHTING TEAM. VANESSA (MY WIFE) AND I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE AMOUNT OF CREATIVE LIGHTING AND CRISP CLEAN SOUND THAT CAME OUT OF THAT RECEPTION HALL THAT JUST A DAY PRIOR LOOKED LIKE AN OLD SCHOOL GYMNASIUM WITH NO POSSIBILITY FOR AN "OH MY GOD" FROM OUR ATTENDEES. ""EVERYONE'" COMPLIMENTED US ON THE SOUND, LIGHTING EFFECTS (WHICH WERE MANY) AND THE GREAT MUSIC PLAYLIST.

MY WIFE & I RECOMMEND THIS D.J. 1000000% - LIGHTING AND EFFECTS CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD,, A WORLD FULL OF MAGIC AND SOUNDS AND LIGHTING THAT WILL FOREVER LIVE WITH US - - - - THANKS YOU A MILLION MIKE

SATURDAY WEDDING, VANESSA & HECTOR (JUNE 20th, 2009)

Sent on 07/02/2009

Timothy · Married on 05/16/2009

Mike was very helpfull in the set up stages and during the event great he kept the flow of the event and all the guest active.the extra lighting set a great atmosphere for the wedding.

Sent on 05/28/2009

Shirley · Married on 04/05/2009

We would highly recommend this vendor. Mike Susca, our DJ kept everything on track and everyone on the dance floor.

Sent on 05/21/2009

Dennis · Married on 07/12/2008

The DJ made the night. He got everyone involved and on the dance floor. He was great in getting everyone in the money dance and his music was off the charts. We had a very diverse group with old and young. He made everyone happy. He had every request made. I suggest you give him a chance to make your special day the best.
    He was very professional. He was early and had a large amount of equiptment set up. This guy has it all. Lights like I have never seen, professional equiptment and staff to make it all happen.
    Please e mail me at RISKMANAGERDENNIS@GMAIL is you need a referal.
    This guy made the special date the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2008

Danielle · Married on 06/20/2008

Mike did an awesome job for us. He was there from day one to the end I sent several e-mails and he replied quickly to questions I had in a timely manner. We wanted a special CD mix for the father and daughter dance and he made special accommodations. Also I did not get a good video recording of the father daughter dance and he was so kind as to send me his copy. He came to the ceremony on time, dressed professionally. He had great communication with us throughout the evening. It shows in his work that Mike truly enjoys what he does. What makes him unique is that he is also having a good time while he mixes it makes you feel like he is part of your party.

We had a great time and we would hire Mike again in an instant.

Thanks so Much for a night to remember.

Sent on 06/23/2008

Direct Sound Wedding DJ Decor & Event Lighting Service's reply:

Thank you for the great review . It was an absolute pleasure working with this client. They did a great job with the father / daughter dance. They created a unique dance routine for this dance and worked very hard at it. This added a great spice to the evening which went flawlessly thanks again for the great evening it was a pleasure. DJ Mikey Mike www.directsound.com

Becky · Married on 06/14/2008

Direct Sound did an amazing job at our wedding. Mike was very personable and ready to help us with anything we needed. During our wedding Mike seemed like one of the guests, he blended in well and made everyone feel comfortable. We gave him a very detailed list of how we wanted our wedding and he followed it to a tee. We were having trouble picking out our music so Mike invited us to his home and took the time to give us ideas and had thousands of songs we could chose from. We were on a tight budget so Mike's prices were unbeatable. With Direct Sound there, us as well as our guests felt like our wedding was priceless. We are proud to say Direct Sound was our DJ and we would recommend him to everyone for any occasion! Not to mention his wife makes amazing wedding cakes!! Use them as a team and you will get a deal! Mike enjoys what he does and it shines through his work. He has the best intentions and will go to the extreme to make anything possible for your special day. We would like to thank Mike and all he has done to make our wedding day unforgetable!

Sent on 07/14/2008

John · Married on 05/18/2008

To start, this was a commitment ceremony, not a wedding, my partner and I had our commitment ceremony on our 15th anniversary May 18, 2008. Direct Sound was our dj provider and they were excellent, prior to the ceremony our dj, Michael Susca who knew this was for a gay ceremony and worked closely with us to ensure this was not only just a dj gig, but more so, the soundtrack to our lives (past, present, & future). We went through old cds, books, & internet, and Michael was always available to us readily, and like a pro made last minute changes requested by us, without hesitation. I know nothing about his background, but my Partner and I, immediatley were made at ease and Michael treated us and our special day with the respect and dignity it deserved, moreover he seemed genualy happy for us and said, he hopes for the day that he can provide the same service for us again again on our legally recognized wedding day, and we would hire him again. The rates were very reasonable and he accomodated a large crowd and personified all the professionalism, beyond that which we had expected. We highly reccomend Direct Sound, they won't disappoint.

Sent on 05/19/2008

Direct Sound Wedding DJ Decor & Event Lighting Service's reply:

We strive to make each and every event special for each client and their personal needs. This event was very exciting and we can’t wait for the anniversary party! DJ Mikey Mike

Carl · Married on 01/26/2008

After interviewing several D.J.'s This was the most suggested one and he brought what My wife wanted which was a club like set up and thats what we got from him. and for what he brought and offered it was a simple choice for the price considering we got more than any other DJ had to offer that we interviewed .. He was very interactive with the wedding service, and the reception. He did the introductions and worked with the Catering company to help notification of food being ready. Then he was a lot of fun with traditional wedding reception games and a few that he did that were hilarious That I and my wife had never seen before. He also provided 2 wedding CD's of my wifes and my Wedding songs that we picked for our reception that was for us to keep. He had a big screen video system that he put up some photo's of the wedding up on that his assistant took , and also played some video music on it and had our names up on the big screen when we entered the reception hall.... It was worth every penny we spent!!! We could not have found a better DJ, and it was all club equipment that he brought not small stuff I have seen at other weddings. Plus the light show ,,, WOW he had everything!!!!!

Sent on 02/04/2008

Doris · Married on 11/24/2007

I HAD THE BEST WEDDING EVER DO TO THE GREAT SERVICE PROVIDED MY MIKE SUSCA, DIRECT SOUND. NO ONE WANTED TO LEAVE AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AND MIKE WAS ABLE TO EXTEND THE TIME TO MAKE IT A NIGHT THAT WILL LAST FOREVER IN NOT ONLY MY MEMORIES BUT THE MEMORIES OF MY GUEST. I WANT TO HAVE A ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY AND HAVE MIKE DJ THAT FOR US, BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE AS MUCH FUN AS MY GUEST DID AT OUR WEDDING.

Sent on 02/14/2008

Cynthia · Married on 06/16/2007

Mike,

Does a wonderful job!! Especially with crowd participation he knows how to read a crowd pretty well and get's them involved. We have the fortune of both of our children getting married within a 6 month period of time. Mike performed at both of their weddings this one was for our daughter he also did the sound system for the outside cermoney it was a very relaxed atmosphere. Our family would highly recommend Mike's service and I know we we probably using him in the future.

The Di Domizio Family

Sent on 02/10/2008

Cassandra · Married on 08/29/2009

Mikey is the man! His lighting set-up is by far the best in the AV. He's friendly, professional, and I would highly recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 09/25/2009

Cassandra and Evan,
    You were the absolute best to work with. Cassandra picked great music for her wedding to help make my job a breeze. Their wedding looked amazing and I had a great time performing for them and their guests.
    Thank you once again for choosing Direct Sound Wedding DJ Event & D�cor Lighting Service
    DJ Mikey Mike

Becky · Married on 01/03/2009

Mike went out of his way to customize our wedding and made the reception look amazing with the up-lighting he did:)

Sent on 02/10/2009

Lisa · Married on 03/03/2010

3.5

great music! i loved dancing

Sent on 03/19/2010

Kelsey · Married on 08/30/2008

3.5

Direct Sound did a great job at my wedding reception. If there was an issue he took care of it right away. I feel he understood the style of music that we liked and did a great job choosing songs to fit the moods. He was fun and energetic and not in a corny sort of way. I would highly recommend Direct Sound!

Sent on 09/16/2008

Jennifer · Married on 06/07/2008

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

The real problem we had was hearing people on the mic. When someone was talking it would cut out, and barely anyone could hear the DJ when he made annoucements.

Sent on 06/10/2008

Direct Sound Wedding DJ Decor & Event Lighting Service's reply:

We are sorry they had wireless Microphone issues. I asked them to stay in a cretin area, but they went beyond the range of the Microphone so they experienced a few dropouts. This was a very Large Ranch Style property and if I would have known the seating sooner I could have provided a wired Mic to avoid this issue. I did not here of anyone not being able to here the day of the wedding or I would have made every attempt to make any necessary adjustments I strive for the best sound quality at every event. But I do appreciate the feedback so this will never happen in the future. Thank You, DJ Mike