Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat Reviews

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 6
Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 7
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 12/31/2018

Exceptional Staff, breathaking venue with views

Picking a venue for our New Year's Eve date was very stressful for us. We felt alot of other places had staff that were cold, rude & unaccommodating. Not to mention we really wanted to get married on New Year's Eve which made finding a venue within our budget even more difficult. We came across Diamond Mills while spending a weekend in the area for Octoberfest. We stopped by the venue and was introduced to Brianne who was cheerful, warm and easy to speak with. After sitting down with Brianne and taking a tour of the venue, we knew this was the place where we wanted to get married. We loved coming back to Diamond Mills meet with Bethany and Brianne, they made wedding planning so easy and believe it or not - FUN! There is something to be said if the groom isn't even complaining about going to the venue for meetings. We are OBSESSED with the food at the Tavern. We lived for the wedding tastings. Brianne and Bethany was super sweet on the fact that we kept coming back to Diamond Mills to indulge ourselves with tastings. Everthing tasted amazing. Our wedding night was phenomenal!! We got married at the Tavern followed by a reception in the dining room. The staff was top notch!! All my guests were well taken care of with exceptional service. I'm still receiving compliments on how amazing the food was at our wedding. Wedding planning can be a very stressful time but we totally lucked out working with awesome people like Brianne and Bethany and the rest of the Diamond Mills staff who gave us such an incredible experience filled with nothing but awesome memories throughout our planning process. We were so impressed by the team early on that I recommended the venue to my sister who was already engaged and also was having trouble locating a venue. my sister decided to also get married at Diamond Mills in the ballroom the same year! Brianne, Bethanny and the Diamond Mills staff have been such a huge blessing to our family and we can't thank them enough for everything.

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 8
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 9
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 10
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 11
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 12

Kayla · Married on 12/01/2018

Exceeded Expectstions

We just got married at Diamond Mills about a week ago and could not have asked for a better venue. We booked Diamond Mills a year and a half before the big day and Bethany was helpful every step of the way! Her bubbly personality made even the most stressful details seem possible. I honestly didn’t have a single worry on the day of my wedding. Guests and vendors actually commented on “how unusually calm” I was compared to other brides on their wedding days. The food was absolutely perfect. Both Bethany and Brianne were incredibly responsive, answering last minute questions and e mails. Diamond Mills is becoming a very popular wedding venue and appears booked more than it’s not, but the attention you get from the staff at Diamond Mills makes you feel like your wedding is the only one that’s important. This is an incredibly hard to find and desired quality. Guests are still raving about the experience they had at our wedding at Diamond Mills.

Krista Gale · Married on 11/03/2018

We love ssco.

My (now) husband and I looked at several wedding venues before looking at Saugerties Steamboat Co. We knew we didn’t want to get married in a ballroom, but we didn’t want to get married in a barn either and the SSCo. was the perfect combination of rustic yet formal. Brianne and Bethany were the absolute best to work with, both so down to earth and personable. They worked with us to make sure we stayed within budget and still had tons of options for food, drink, setup and times. Our ceremony was inside upstairs since it was a tad too windy, but the foliage was absolutely stunning the first weekend of November for pictures. It was a little chilly outside, but they had a fire going on the inside fireplace that kept it cozy and everyone flocked to. The cocktail hour was downstairs, and the reception was upstairs again. The room and layout were rearranged so quickly, and the wait staff were so friendly and helpful. We had a buffet style dinner and it worked out perfectly, the food was amazingggg! Later on, we had a fire outside where guests could cuddle up with blankets and had s’mores. Our timeline all day and night was spot on as Brianne coordinated with our DJ to keep everything on track. Overall best day of our lives and we are so happy that we chose SSCo. as our venue!

• Deepak

Deepak · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect Wedding Venue

We stumbled on Diamond Mills on our way home from having a less than stellar venue tour somewhere else. We saw the building said, “Oh that’s so pretty can we get married there?” The rest is history. Our first meeting was with Brianne and she was incredible. We wanted a different look for our wedding and the Tavern at Diamond Mills ticked all of our boxes and more (elegant, you can make the space your own, intimate wedding size, amazing food). It was even more sentimental for us that we were able to see Brianne the day of and thank her for everything she had done for us when we were working out the details in the contract. Once we did all the paperwork we started working with Bethany. We cannot say enough positive things about Bethany. She was there to answer every question, change our layout a few times, meet up with us multiple times before our move (we moved 1/2 way across the country a few months before the big day), and then phone meetings. She made sure to capture every detail. The staff the night of our wedding were incredible. Our guests loved everyone. The bar was packed, but no one waited for drinks. For those who asked for things table side, it was served swiftly. We also had quite a few food allergies, including the bride (Celiac over here). Diamond Mills tweaked the menu as needed to make sure everyone was able to enjoy each course. The groom had asked for some traditional Indian dishes to be served during cocktail hour and the chef (and Bethany) went above and beyond to create the dishes. The cake (gluten free!) was made by the in-house pastry chef, all we did was give a design idea and didn’t see it until the day of, and we were blown away. We loved the cake so much we ate 90% of the remaining tier for our breakfast dessert (yes breakfasts have dessert). Bethany, Brianne, and everyone else at Diamond Mills helped make our day perfect. We honestly would do the whole thing over again just to experience it a second time. We love Diamond Mills and know that you will too.

Sally Depoala · Married on 10/21/2018

Elegant Wedding At Diamond Mill

Our son's wedding at Diamond Mills this weekend was beyond beautiful! We were greeted with a champagne toast in the Grand Entrance and fabulous hors d'oeuvres followed on the stunning terrace over looking the falls. The stations for dinner were plentiful and delicious. The cake was gorgeous and the desserts high end. Bethany ( the event coordinator) attended to every possible detail. The staff was top-notch! I am a school teacher and I hardly ever give an E+....it has to be phenomenal to earn that grade...I am happy to give Diamond Mills an E+.

Debbie Depoala · Married on 10/19/2018

Perfect Hudson Valley Wedding Venue

My husband and I got married at Diamond Mills last week and it was the best decision we could have made. Everything was exceptional - from the initial planning with Brianne, to creating our vision with Bethany, to the tastings with the Chef and the flawless execution day of --- Diamond Mills came through beyond our dreams. We are both from the area and were looking for a venue that could offer incredible views of the Hudson Valley, top-notch service and food that would wow our guests. We got all that and more at the Diamond Mills. Bethany and Brianne created a customized package for us, ensuring that everything from getting ready with mimosas in the morning to our after party in the Tavern was seamless and stress free. If you are looking for the perfect Hudson Valley wedding venue, Diamond Mills is it!

• Miriam

Miriam Fried · Married on 10/07/2018

Dream Wedding!

I can't say enough about our incredible wedding and experience at Diamond Mills. When I first saw the venue over a year ago, I knew within seconds that I wanted to get married there. Everything about the space is absolutely stunning. Once we met and spoke with Bethany, Brianne, and the wonderful staff at Diamond Mills, that just solidified it. We worked with Bethany over the past year to plan our dream wedding and she is seriously incredible. I shocked all my family and friends with how calm I stayed through this entire process, but honestly, so much of that was due to Bethany! She has been so responsive, helpful, organized, and supportive throughout this process. The wedding weekend went off without a hitch and that is all thanks to the amazing staff of Diamond Mills. My guests couldn't stop raving about the stunning views and beautiful venue. Not to mention the FOOD! My husband and I are pretty big foodies so this was a big one for us- and Diamond Mills more than delivered. Hands down the best wedding food I've ever had, a sentiment shared by tons of our guests. We can't thank Bethany and the entire staff of Diamond Mills for giving us the best day of our lives! I only wish we could do it all over again!

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 13

Kristen · Married on 09/22/2018

My husband and I had stayed at Diamond Mills after we got engaged during a hike upstate. When it came time to choose a wedding venue, we remembered there'd been a wedding going on while we were there, and thought "Why not check out Diamond Mills?" (We'd had a great experience while we were there, from the breathtaking views to the stellar service). After one meeting with Brianne (the only venue meeting we ever had), we were eager and excited to secure our wedding at the Tavern for 9/22. We felt like we were in great hands from that initial meeting, and we were right. After meeting Bethany, our confidence only grew - the two of them together are a magical dream team! They were so accessible, knowledgeable, and reliable. Each email or question was handled with the utmost care, and every detail accounted for. Not to mention, they ensured everything went SEAMLESSLY day-of! They perfectly realized our vision for the Tavern for our wedding, and I am in awe of how amazing everything came out. It's obvious how talented and passionate these two ladies are. Regarding the venue itself, I can't tell you how many people commented about how beautiful it was, especially the view overlooking the falls. The service at DM was also exceptional. Every staff member we've encountered there has been so friendly and accommodating. And then there's the food... SO delicious! We knew to expect this after dining there and having a subsequent tasting, but they really blew us away on the big day, and everything tasted even better than we'd remembered. We cannot wait to return to DM next year for our anniversary, if not sooner! We cannot thank Bethany and Brianne enough for helping us pull off the wedding of our dreams!! THANK YOU!!

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 14

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

We had an amazing time at Saugerties Steamboat Co.! The venue was awesome and the day turned out exactly as we envisioned. We couldn't be happier with how smoothly everything went. The staff was on point and really took care of our guests throughout the night. Everyone said they had a great time! Our coordinator, Bethany, was truly amazing from start to finish. She was extremely organized, personable, accommodated our special requests, and clearly cared about us and our big day. The fact that she was so on top of it during the planning process really put us at ease. During the event, we had a few snafus but Bethany and her staff were flexible, kept us calm, and adjusted as needed. The food at Steamboat was exceptional. Everyone was really impressed with how delicious everything was. The only feedback we'd give is having better alignment between the wedding venue and the Diamond Mills' hotel properties. It required some back and forth to deal with the property manager and unfortunately the property right next door to Steamboat had a 3-night minimum that they wouldn't budge on. Other than that, it was a wonderful experience and the PERFECT day! I would highly recommend Diamond Mills and Saugerties Steamboat to others!

Melanie · Married on 09/02/2018

I am so so happy that we chose to have our wedding at the Diamond Mills Tavern! Bethany and Brianne were great to work with. They were accomodating and flexible with our ideas and the food was great! A few small things I would have changed but it is a beautiful venue and I am glad that we spent the best day of our lives at Diamond Mills overlooking that waterfall! Definitely a day to remember!

Megan · Married on 09/01/2018

Diamond Mills was the perfect choice for our wedding reception! It’s a breathtakingly beautiful venue, with amazing views from the back deck, top notch staff, delicious food, and an all around perfect ambiance! From the start, Brianne and Bethany went above and beyond for us to assure that every detail of the day would be perfect, which it was! They are experts at their jobs, and their passion is evident! The staff that evening was beyond attentive, and we’ve heard time and time again from our guests that the service was better than anything they’d received elsewhere! There are so many picture perfect spots to do wedding photos, and the hotel was great too for the overnight stay! Thank you for making our wedding perfect! We couldn’t have asked for anything more spectacular!!

Janette · Married on 08/18/2018

Exceptional!

My husband and I got married at the Tavern at Diamond Mills. Everything was perfect and absolutely stunning from our rehearsal dinner at the Saugerties Steamboat Co. to our post wedding Sunday brunch. The Tavern is truly one of a kind, the view of the waterfall is breathtaking and the interior is beautiful. The staff was fabulous especially, Bethany the event coordinator. She couldn't have been friendlier and more professional. She went above and beyond to ensure everything was how we envisioned. All of our guests raved about the food from the cocktail hors d'oeuvres to dessert. So many of our guests told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out!

Laura · Married on 08/12/2018

We just our wedding at the Saugerties Steamboat Co. and we were thrilled with this venue. First of all, it is simply gorgeous. It has that beautiful as historical vibe and needs very little in the way of decor because it is perfect ... just as it is ! Combine that with a killer view of the Creek & River, and the amazing food and beverage services offered by the Diamond Mills Hotel and you’ve got yourself a winner . Bethany and Brianne were both pleasures to work with and went out of their way to accommodate all requests. Food was fabulous and we had an absolutely amazing experience.

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 15
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 16
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 17
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 18
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 19
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 20

Alison · Married on 08/04/2018

I cannot say enough good thing about Bethany and Brianne at Diamond Mills. They were both incredibly helpful and worked very closely with me to provide everything we needed for our wedding. We had many family members with dietary restrictions as well as myself with a nut allergy, and Bethany made sure everyone got what they needed. Our wedding was perfect and we got so many compliments from our friends both about the location as well as about the food. The pictures of the ceremony space overlooking the waterfall were incredible. I could not have been happier.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I got married on 7/14/18, and we are so glad we picked Diamond Mills for our ceremony and reception venue!!!! From the moment you arrive, the atmosphere and the view of the falls is absolutely breathtaking. The food at our tasting was decadent, and generous. But the Absolute BEST part about booking Diamond Mills is their event coordinator, Bethany! She is quick to respond to questions and changes with ease; she makes everything run so seamlessly that you'd never know if there was a mishap. The flowers from the wedding the night before were still up; and with some quick thinking on her feet, Bethany transformed the wedding arch in a matter of minutes so we could make it our own. During the ceremony, my Maid of Honor left my vows in the bridal suite, but Bethany had them in her hands before anyone noticed. Bethany is hands down, the best thing to happen to Diamond Mills, and our wedding day was superb thanks to the incredible staff at Diamond Mills, including Bethany, Brianne, and the hotel and tavern staff. The guests are still raving about the wedding!!!
    All our love, Sarah & Adam Duff

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 25
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 26
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 27

Jennifer · Married on 06/22/2018

Highly Recommended! We had our wedding reception at Diamond Mills on Friday, June 22nd 2018 and were beyond pleased with how everything went! Bethany and the entire crew at DM were so organized and on top of everything. From the day we first toured the property, to the day we packed up after the wedding, everything went so much smoother than I could have imagined.

Bethany was AMAZING and SO helpful from day one. She took away a ton of the stress that goes into planning a wedding. Everything was so well organized and thought out, especially the "homework packets" she had put together for planning purposes. She was so on top of even then smallest details, that it truly made me feel at ease.

From the moment I came down the stairs (before leaving for the church), I was so impressed with the decorations and how everything came together. EVERYTHING WAS LITERALLY PERFECT!!! Oh, and they even let us take photos at their sister property down the hill!

My parents and all of the guests were raving about the food, the drinks, etc. Everyone in attendance was so pleased with the choices both during cocktail hour, and dinner. I could go on and on, but I will leave it at that! Thank you again to the entire staff at Diamond Mills! You made it a true dream wedding! xo

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 28

meagan · Married on 12/16/2017

Our wedding day was perfect. Rustic chic, elegant, great service. Amazon food. If I could do it all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 29
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 30

sara · Married on 11/04/2017

We got married at Diamond Mills on 11/4/17 in the Tavern. From the beginning of our planning, to the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. Bethany and her team were extremely accommodating to our needs and they perfectly executed the vision we had for our wedding. All I can do is write praises for this venue and most of all Bethany because we had the most beautiful day we could have ever dreamed of. If you are looking for an amazing venue with a great view and fantastic food this place is perfect for you : )

Angela · Married on 09/23/2017

We cannot say enough good things about Diamond Mills and their staff. From the day we first went for a tour up until our wedding brunch, everyone here went above and beyond to make our wedding special. We got married in the tavern with the stations package and our guests cannot stop commenting about the venue and the food. We've had many people confess that it was the best wedding they've ever attended. Bethany, Gina, and the entire DM team helped to make our weekend better than we ever could have dreamed. Choosing Diamond Mills is one of the best wedding decisions you can make.

• I

Ian · Married on 08/12/2017

Being that my fiancé and I were getting our wedding together in a short three month window we needed luck on our side. Little did we know what a rustic gem we were walking into when we found the Saugerties Steamboat Co. Just two weeks after our engagement we were planning to tour both the Steamboat house, as well as the beautiful space at the Diamond Mill's hotel, but upon crossing the doorway into lower level of the former we were in love with it. Bethany greeted us, we were quick to tell her we were already sold, and we got to work from there. Our second great surprise was just how helpful and resourceful Bethany was. She was with us every step from that day forward: securing our date, helping us polish the menu and cake options, and most importantly providing us with a list of vendors whom came together to make every moment an absolute dream. With the full facilities of Diamond Mills for bridal party preparations, the delicious culinary masterpieces of Chef Napoli, the rich natural beauty of the Esopus Creek as a picturesque backdrop, and the hard work of an incredible staff, with Bethany's expert guidance and endless optimism (we even managed to dodge an imminent storm) leading the way, you simply have to choose the Saugerties Steamboat Co. without second thought.

Michelle · Married on 08/05/2017

We had the wedding of our dreams at Diamond Mills. Every step of the process was handled beautifully by Bethany, who was cheerful and responsive and seemed genuinely excited to be planning our wedding with us. I had lots of ideas for how I wanted to reception area to look and small touches I wanted included, and Bethany seamlessly made all of my plans a reality. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch; I got ready at the venue in the beautiful bridal suite which makes a great backdrop for photos, the ballroom was breathtaking, and all of our guests commented on how lovely the surroundings were and how good the food was! There is so much natural beauty at Diamond Mills which made it a big selling point, and it did not disappoint at our reception. The patio overlooks the waterfalls and it made a lovely location for the cocktail hour and for people to step outside throughout the reception, and the waterfalls made an absolutely breathtaking background for our photos. I cannot recommend this venue enough.

Victoria · Married on 07/14/2017

I don’t even know how to begin to write a review for Diamond Mills as our entire experience there was simply indescribable. My now husband and I knew that we wanted something somewhat unique and a little more relaxed when looking for a venue. As soon as we walked into The Tavern, with its somewhat rustic, yet elegant appearance overlooking the falls, we knew that was the place for us. I simply cannot speak highly enough about the staff that worked so closely with us throughout the entire process. Bethany was absolutely incredible! She was always in close contact, worked to answer any questions guiding us through the entire process and most importantly, genuinely cared and was so excited for us. On the day of, she worked with all of our vendors and exceeded every expectation. Our guests continue to reach out to express how much fun they had and we have heard on countless occasions, “That was the absolute best wedding we’ve ever been to”. Quality service. Exceptional food. Perfect execution on the day of. Caring staff. Beautiful views! I simply cannot say enough! If we could do it all over again we would choose Diamond Mills every time! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Shamis · Married on 07/07/2017

If possible, I would give Diamond Mills more than 5 stars! We are in the position to comment on the Diamond Mills wedding event staff and the hotel, as well as the Saugerties Steamboat Co. We had a large wedding (250 people) in Diamond Mills ballroom, so we took down the hotel for the entire weekend and hosted our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception at the SSC. Words cannot express how happy we were with the entire experience. The team (Laurie, Bethany, and Gina) was top notch. Fun and professional. Responsive to my multitude of questions. Accommodating. It was hard to find a venue that fit our event size, aesthetic (inside and outside), and budget. Everyone asked us why we were hosting our wedding in Saugerties and not in NYC. Those questions stopped when folks arrived in Saugerties and saw the beauty of the town and the venue. Gorgeous views. Lovely rooms. Awesome food both in town and at the DM Tavern. We had our ceremony on the balcony above the Esopus River. It could not have been more beautiful. Many people said that they will return to Saugerties and to Diamond Mills. We certainly will. We HIGHLY recommend Diamond Mills!

Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 31
    Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat 32
  • W

Wendi · Married on 05/06/2017

We had a beautiful, bicycle-themed wedding at Diamond Mills on 4/30/17. Even though it lightly rained off & on earlier in the day, we were still able to have the ceremony outdoors, with the gorgeous Esopus waterfall in the background. We were even able to bike into the reception area following the ceremony. Guests were able to relax on the deck by the falls during the reception as well. Bethany, the amazing event coordinator at Diamond Mills, is so sweet & was extremely helpful before & during the event. Huge thanks to Bethany! Food, drinks & service were top notch. Guests raved about how much they loved the wedding & location. Couldn't have asked for a better wedding day & venue!

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2017

The reason that this venue is getting a good review is BETHANY! She is absolutely amazing and so good at her job. She is the one who helped me through everything from beginning to end. All of my questions she had a perfect answer or solution. I had absolute confiendence in her to do an amazing job, and she blew me away by going above and beyond for not only me, but for everyone. The venue service staff was accommodating and helpful as well. In addition to Bethany's services is a breathtaking view of the waterfalls where we had our ceremony on the terrace, and the gorgeous building and grounds. Thank you Bethany for a perfect day!

The only problem I had with the venue was the hotel. I left my fitbit watch charging in the wall and my bouquet of flowers in a vase of water. I noticed immediately, but neither of them were ever found by the hotel staff. I called the day I checked out and the hotel staff told me that they checked and they saw nothing, then went back to the hotel to talk to the manager. I just felt frustrated that someone must have taken my watch and threw away my flowers, while feeling that my problem wasn't really considered by hotel staff. I am at fault for forgetting them, but can't help but feel frustrated that they disappeared. Again, this is totally unrelated from the amazing wedding I had and the wonderful work of Bethany and her staff. I just wanted to share my frustrating experience with the hotel. This was a minor thing in the whole scheme of the wedding day!