Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Amanda
    Amanda C. Married on 08/28/2021

A dream come true

How do I even begin to describe the magic that was our wedding weekend at Diamond Mills? From the constant communication, support and helpfulness of Bethany and Brianne and the DM staff, to our rehearsal dinner at sister property Steamboat Co., wedding in the Ballroom, after party at the Tavern, and a morning after Brunch, our weekend was truly unbelievable. Countless guests came up to us DURING our wedding to remark that this was the best wedding they had ever been to. I cannot praise Diamond Mills enough, it holds a sincerely special place in our hearts!
    Lauren W. Married on 08/21/2021

Best Venue in the Hudson Valley!

Amazing! Our family and friends will continue to talk about the wonderful staff at Diamond Mills. It was such a beautiful day thanks to Bethany and Brianne! I cant recommend the venue and this awesome team enough!

Thank you for everything!!
  • Sara
    Sara R. Married on 07/03/2021

Best venue ever!

Diamond Mills will ALWAYS be a part of our Wedding Story. As a pandemic wedding, we had to postpone our initial ceremony. We were able to have an intimate ceremony in October 2020 with our immediate family at Saugerties Steamboat, followed by our planned reception at Diamond Mills in July 2021. Throughout the entire process, Brianne and Bethany were absolutely amazing. From making sure the short rib we loved could still be on the menu a year after we had planned to finding the perfect beer for our signature cocktail, they went out of their way to make our day amazing. The venue itself was outstanding: the view of the river, the ballroom that opens to the outside, and the tavern for Sunday brunch; we simply couldn't have asked for more. Guest after guest commented to us on how much they loved it. This venue and these ladies are incredible. You will not be disappointed!
    Stephanie C. Married on 06/26/2021

The best day ever! Thank you diamond mills!

I had my wedding at Diamond Mills on 6.26.2021 and my husband and I are still on cloud nine from our most perfect/best day ever! Bethany and Brianne from the very beginning of planning until the day of the wedding have been nothing but amazing, organized, helpful and truly made our day so special. The staff at Diamond Mills and the hotel is also incredible. Our wedding guests are still talking about the location, the hotel, the food and amazing time they had at our wedding. We are so excited to go back and visit Diamond Mills again- it will be a spot that will forever be special to us. Thank you Bethany, Brianne, the staff at Diamond Mills!!!
    Lexie C. Married on 06/11/2021

Best wedding venue and staff!

This is the place to have your wedding! I cannot begin to describe how accommodating Bethany and Brianne were with my husband and I having to reschedule our wedding multiple times due to Covid. Everything was so beautiful and done so professionally. We really could not have booked a more beautiful place and wouldn't have changed a single thing about our wedding. Thank you Diamond Mills staff for the best day ever!
  • Foreverjenypher
    Foreverjenypher Married on 05/21/2021

Amazing venue with amazing people!

I can't say enough good things about Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat Co.! My husband and I are overwhelmed with the kindness of the wedding coordinators! Bethany and Brianne made sure that our wedding day ran as smooth as can be. They worked with my vendors and communicated with everyone so well! We first visited Diamond Mills on a casual weekend getaway - the hotel is super clean and all the entire staff is so friendly! We fell in love with the beautiful waterfall and amazing views. We can't wait to go back and celebrate our wedding anniversary at Diamond Mills.
    Nicole M. Married on 05/15/2021

Amazing staff and venue!

We can’t say enough about how amazing Diamond Mills and their staff is. Bethany and Brianne were with us every step of the way in planning our pre and then post Covid wedding. Anytime we needed to discuss changes or bounce ideas off them, they made themselves available. They were simply the best. Outside of amazing staff, the venue is breathtakingly beautiful and the food is absolutely delicious. Our guests are still raving about what an amazing time they had and how gorgeous the venue was. I would absolutely recommend DM to anyone looking for a venue!
  • Gina
    Gina M. Married on 05/01/2021

An Amazing Experience!

As the mother of the Bride, I couldn’t have wished for a better wedding for my daughter! From start to finish, Diamond Mills made my daughters’ wedding truly a dream come true. Bethany and Brianne are amazing at what they do. They are professional, knowledgeable and beyond helpful especially during difficult times. My daughter had to move her wedding date twice because of COVID and Bethany and Brianne made the whole process seamless. They were in constant contact with my daughter, alleviating any stress she had. The Grand Ballroom, where we had the wedding, offers the most spectacular views of the Esopus creek and waterfall! As guests lingered out onto the huge terrace overlooking the Falls, which lighted up at night, they couldn’t help but marvel at the stunning beauty of it. But the true star of the event I must say was the food! Our guests said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. The bartenders made amazing drinks and wait staff couldn’t have been more attentive. The night started and ended perfectly. The next morning we treated some guests to Brunch at The Tavern. Another great culinary experience! The lemon blueberry pancakes were to die for! I am beyond happy with the entire experience. If you are looking for a wedding venue in the Hudson Valley area, with a great staff who knows how to give that personal touch, this is the place for you. You won’t regret it!!!!
    Eizabeth Married on 04/09/2021

Best Night Ever

Where do I even begin! My husband and I could not be happier with our choice to get married at the Diamond Mills. From our very first meeting to the wedding weekend itself, everything was amazing. As people who love a good excel spreadsheet, we were immediately impressed when Brianne presented us price breakdowns of all our options. We were able to customise our package and got everything we wanted! Bethany is an angel, and made the planning process seamless. It was absolutely stress free, and we already miss working with her! From dealing with crazy relatives, to helping fix my dress bustle when it ripped mid-reception, she was a total professional, and incredibly sweet. Their preferred vendor list was equally amazing, and it was great to have a team that worked so well together. Our guests are still raving about our wedding night, how beautiful the venue was, and how much fun they had! We can’t wait to come back for our anniversary next year, and we love giving recommendations to friends getting married in the area!

Our only criticism is for the Hotel and the Tavern, which have separate management from the wedding venue team. While the food is great, the service at the Tavern is incredibly slow. We had heard this before going and hoped for the best, but everyone was right. It took far too long for anyone to even approach our table, and we’re very patient people! The service at the hotel was not very accommodating when it came to our hotel block. My father in law booked his hotel rooms for Friday and Saturday night when we first set our date. Somehow they messed up the reservation and they booked him independently for Friday night and then for Saturday night. When he called the hotel the week before the wedding to make sure his reservation was set, they realized the mistake and were somehow unable to adjust it. He had to check out the morning of the wedding from his Friday night stay and then check back in again to stay Saturday night. This was the last thing he needed to be worrying about on the day of his son’s wedding, and they made no effort to resolve the issue. We were very disappointed in the lack of service and professionalism on such a special day, especially for a very important part of our wedding.

But I want to end this on a high note. Despite the criticism for the Tavern and Hotel, we are so happy with how our wedding went, and will continue to sing the praises of Bethany, Brianne, and the whole events team - we’re always your biggest fans!
    Jakki C. Married on 08/08/2020

Best Day Ever!

Planning a wedding is hard enough to begin with but being a bride during the pandemic was something I thought would be extremely challenging. This was not the case thanks to Bethany and Brianne at Diamond Mills Hotel. They supported us as a couple from day 1 and worked with us every step of the way. We ended up having to push our wedding date and then cut down our guest list to have a more intimate ceremony because after all that planning we just wanted to be married. They helped to ease the difficulties by having conversations and providing us with a variety of creative options to make our wedding dreams come true. The wedding day was extremely smooth and everything I ever imagined. The attention to detail and making sure we had everything the way we wanted it was impeccable. While it wasn’t what we originally planned for our big day, I am so happy that we chose Diamond Mills because without the support, I don’t know how we would have done it. I look back on our wedding day and it still is the best day of my life during a very hard time. From the planning, to replanning, food choices, day of details, room set up, ceremony ideas, service,etc. I am so impressed with Diamond Mills and would highly recommend for any future bride and groom. We are thankful to have been married at Diamond Mills and will forever hold that day very close to our heart.
    Pamela W. Married on 06/06/2020

Tornado and All!

Crazy weather couldn’t keep the team at Diamond Mills from giving us the perfect micro wedding. Brianne and Bethany coordinated a beautiful ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner and even threw in a magical double rainbow for our photos! The food was absolutely delicious, the custom
    cake was baked by their in-house chef and the service was impeccable. Even during Covid we had an incredibly special evening that we will never forget. I highly recommended this venue!
  • Maria
    Maria H. Married on 05/06/2020

Best Venue with Amazing Event Coordinators

Words can not describe how wonderful our wedding experience was thanks to the Diamond Mill gals, Bethany and Brianne! Similar to other's experiences with wedding planning during COVID19, we were devastated when our wedding was postponed a year. During this stressful time, Bethany and Brianne were there every step of the way, providing updates and working with us to ensure our wedding day would be as special as we envisioned pre-COVID19. Bethany and Brie make wedding planning fun! Everything from our DJ to florist came highly recommended from these two. The connections that they've made with photographers, florists, DJs, bridal shops, etc. makes planning a wedding so easy. We've reached out to several DJs and photographers - each one knew and loved Bethany and Brie. This detail is often overlooked, but so crucial as it made us as a couple feel confident that everything would go smoothly, and it did! We knew our wedding day was going to be beautiful, but we had no idea how fun it would be! The day was filled with endless delicious (top-notch) food and beverages, music and dancing. Brie and Bethany not only accommodated all our needs, but went above and beyond with all requests. At last minute we hired a caricaturist (highly recommend this!) and they both jumped right in making sure all accommodations were met. If you want a beautiful wedding with people that pour their heart and soul into every detail, go to Diamond Mills! Brie and Bethany thank you for all the memories that we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
  • Beth
    Beth Married on 04/25/2020

Unsurpassable

Brianne and Bethany have absolutely lived and breathed hospitality at its highest level into every interaction and support they’ve provided for us along the way, both before we had to postpone our wedding and after.
  • Michael
    Michael Z. Married on 03/10/2020

Perfect Wedding October 2020

This has certainly been the craziest year, but both Bethany and Brianna were able to make our wedding at the Saugerties Steamboat Co. just perfect. My wife and I are so happy with how our wedding turned out, from every detail at the rehearsal dinner on the tavern terrace to the very last second of our wedding reception at the Steamboat Co.! 2020 has brought tremendous challenges to all, but Diamond Mills was able to ensure every precaution in order to keep us and our loved ones safe and healthy. Overall, we could not have asked for a better wedding weekend. We are so appreciative of how supportive Bethany and Brianne were from start to finish. We would absolutely recommend a wedding at Diamond Mills Hotel & Saugerties Steamboat Co. to celebrate such a special day!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer P. Married on 01/10/2020

Elegant Fall Wedding

We had our wedding this past weekend, Oct 13, 2019 in the Tavern at Diamond Mills. Both Bethany and Brianne (wedding planners) were so helpful every step of the way. I hear many people wanting that barn wedding look but I did the research and it makes more sense to come to the tavern and get that barn wedding without the trouble of all the work! The Tavern has that rustic feel and you can add your own personal touches as well! We loved everything about our wedding, I wouldn't have changed a thing except to stay all night!
    Emily Married on 12/31/2019

Wedding of my Dreams!

I don't even know where to start. Diamond Mills was the most incredible venue EVER! Bethany is a super star and I have never seen anyone so good at their job before. I wanted to create something different for my NYE wedding and they were flexible, responsive and just such a pleasure to work with. It was the wedding of my dreams. I live in NYC and wasn't sure if they would be able to live up to my expectations but it was even great than I could have imagined. The hotel was great for guests (nightly chocolates and flower in every room), the food at the wedding was incredible (guests are still talking about it) and even the rehearsal dinner and brunch gave us so many incredible options. The thing I am going to miss most about wedding planning is working with Bethany.
    Shelby W. Married on 11/03/2019

The Wedding Of Our Dreams

We recently had our wedding at Diamond Mills and could not have asked for a better experience. The staff are amazing, very attentive, professional and on top of things. Our wedding coordinators took the time to respond to every email/phone call and made sure we understood every little detail. On the day of our event everything went smoothly. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, and every one of our guests said they had a blast. We are extremely happy we decided to have our wedding at Diamond Mills and would recommend this venue to anyone for any occasion.
    The Wallys
    Shrikant I. Married on 10/13/2019

Amazing venue!

Heather and I got married at the Diamond Mills ballroom in October 2019, it is a beautiful venue with great views and the food was absolutely delicious as well. The hotel suites and rooms are amazing each with their waterfall views as well. We worked with Bethany who helped plan the event for us. She was easy to work with when coming up with the event order, and was helpful with her suggestions and ideas. She was very attentive and quick-thinking on the day of the event, co-ordinating with the vendors and making sure things run smoothly. The reception event staff were also very friendly and did a great job. They have a great list of preferred vendors as well and we highly recommend this venue!
  • Hayley
    Hayley A. Married on 10/12/2019

The best wedding location ever!

I honestly don't even know where to begin to describe just how incredible our wedding reception was at Diamond Mills. When we first met with Brianne to learn about weddings at Diamond Mills, we knew we were going to be in good hands and that we were going to have the most incredible and special day. Brianne and Bethany took care of us from beginning to end. There easy to fill out homework packets helped us make sure we had everything we needed ahead of time. They planned the entire timeline for us, were there to meet months ahead, were there the days before when we had to drop off our stuff and were of course there the day of. They were so flexible with everything, they arranged our decorations for us and made everything look better than we ever could have imagined. It was also incredible because even though many others have been married their before they allowed us to put our own touches on things and made us feel so special that it felt as though our wedding was so unique. The staff all around was incredible from not just the event coordinators but also the waiters, bussers, bartenders and chefs. The food was absolutely incredible from the appetizers to the cheese spread to the outstanding entrees and of course the delicious cake. Our guests are still raving about the food, drinks, the staff and of course how beautiful the location was. The amazing balcony overlooking the waterfalls is just the most perfect place for cocktail hour and pictures. The ballroom was so incredibly beautiful. I also have to mention how great it was for our bridal party to have the bridal suite. We also did an after party at the Tavern which was awesome because we had our guests just walk right next door and keep the party going. Then not to mention the hotel being situated right there which allowed our guests the comfort of walking right upstairs when they were done. We absolutely loved every second of it from working with Brianne and Bethany almost a year ahead of time, to the dinner tasting which was incredible, to the planning, and then the whole day of. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect place. If you want to have your wedding at a location that your guests will love, that you can turn into your own unique day, that will put your mind at ease and give you the most incredible day, you have to choose Diamond Mills!
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay Married on 10/11/2019

Best Day Ever!

Wedding planning is stressful? I really wouldn't know due to the wonderful and helpful staff at Diamond Mills! Brianne and Bethany were amazing to work with. While they are both fun and have a great sense of humor, they are also caring, patient, and conscientious individuals, who can seriously get down to business, are great at what they do, and can make magic happen. No question seem to bother them, they were always available to talk, and were both so knowledgeable about how to have the smoothest running wedding possible, without sacrificing any beauty. I strongly believe that the day of my wedding was so stress-free because of these two! I really had nothing to worry about during the months leading up to the wedding and the day of! The waitstaff was also amazing. Our guests cannot stop talking the service they received during our wedding. They all rave about how nice the waiters were and how delicious their meals were. One aspect that stood out to our guests the most was how friendly and quick the bartenders were. With a guest total of 135 fond drinkers, there was never any lines at the bar. Our guests also still talk about how our red velvet wedding cake was one of the best cakes they have ever tasted! Everything left to Diamond Mills to handle was simply done incredibly on their part. My husband and I couldn't be happier with service we received here. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone!
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa Married on 09/07/2019

Diamond Mills Hotel and Tavern

Diamond Mills was the perfect place to have our wedding. From the moment we arrived we knew it was where we wanted to have our wedding. After meeting with a Bethany we stopped looking at other venues and booked our date! The whole experience from start to finish was beyond pleasant. Bethany and Brianne were so helpful with all of our needs. They were easy to get in touch with and responded to all of our emails quickly. The day of the wedding everything was set up perfectly. The waterfall and bridge view were breathtaking. The service was excellent and all of our guest could not stop talking about how amazing the food is. It’s very rare to see every plate cleared at a wedding, but at Diamond Mills the food is so good you can’t stop. We were told from the beginning something always goes wrong and to just let go and enjoy the day, fortunately absolutely nothing went wrong, we had the most pleasant and perfect wedding.
  • jordan
    Jordan Married on 08/24/2019

Incredible

Diamond Mills was the best choice . We live near Beacon Newburgh and DM was by far the most affordable ! We’ve spoken to several guests at our wedding and usually guests say oh the venue was beautiful but food wasn’t great etc . But Diamond Mills blows everything out of the water . I promise your guests will love everything about this venue because ours can’t stop talking about it STILL ! I will be honest , we had a little hiccup in the beginning with room blocks because they were transitioning between staff but DM did everything and more to make the situation right with us ! Our wedding coordinator was Bethany and OMG ! Give that girl a raise she was absolutely perfect , I didn’t worry about one single thing on the day of my wedding and trust me there were a lot of dynamics to worry about lol . I honestly cannot suggest this venue enough ! Everything about them was perfect they were so respectful , polite , friendly just really the package deal ! I’m also going to add because I couldn’t find info on this when I was searching but please give your servers a little something extra ! They are super hard workers especially at DM and it literally would make their night I’m sure . I know your spending a lot but a little extra thought goes a long way and I know this because Diamond Mills really put extra thought into my whole wedding and I truly believe they did that because they wanted too not because they had too !! Okay ratings !! Food: A Pricing: A Venue: A+ Hotel accommodations near by: A- Staff: A+ Coordinator: A+ Stress free: A+ I also want to suggest my other vendors because they were equally as amazing and affordable!! Instagrams, check them out !! Venue: @diamondmillsny Photographer: @michellefrederickphoto DJ/videographer: @empire_sound Make up: @erinmullermakeup Hair: @thegreenroombeautylounge Barber: @twinsbarbershop_beacon_newyork Flowers: Urban Whiskey Design ******Last HUGE suggestion there was a TON of traffic on the thruway and we had about 15 of our guests miss the ceremony and they left leaving arrival time 15-30 min before the event started so I would make sure you stress to your guests to at least get into saugerties 45 min before hand and grab a drink at the tavern next door !****

The price includes an extra hour added in the large ballroom. Our wedding was 5:30-12am . No early guest arrival or anything extra , all the standard basic package .
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 08/24/2019

Our Dream Wedding Weekend @ Diamond Mills!

This review is long overdue! If you are second-guessing booking DM, don't hesitate and book now! Brianne and Bethany are a dream team. They were so sweet and so helpful every step of the way.

As a couple from NYC, we wanted a wedding weekend in the Hudson Valley. Diamond Mills and the wonderful town of Saugerties, NY made this possible for us. We ended up booking Saugerties Steamboat Co. for our Friday night Welcome BBQ for most of our guests, and Diamond Mills on Saturday for our Ceremony & Reception. The beautiful backdrop of the falls and the more formal setting of the ballroom was perfect for us. Family and our Wedding party stayed onsite at DM Hotel.

Bethany and Brianne were available via email consistently, and they allowed us to stop by the venue multiple times to show our parents, walkthrough with our florist, and walkthrough with Bethany to make sure the design and day-of flow were what we envisioned! We can't thank them enough!

Our only criticism is with the Hotel, which operates separately from the events team. The staff onsight that weekend was wonderful! However, we had multiple issues with room blocks for our wedding party and family. I had to stay on top of them in making sure the correct rooms were booked and charged to the right credit cards. In the end, Gina Hornbeck ended up saving us and offering much help and guidance with the situation.

Overall Bethany and Brianne and all of the DM events team were wonderful! Going above and beyond to make our day special. And we can't thank them enough for their help. Our guests are still raving about how fun our wedding weekend was how beautiful the venues were.

Carly Married on 08/16/2019

Best place ever!!

Diamond Mills was the perfect place to get married. From all of the staff, to the beautiful venue, the food and hospitality was all above and beyond what we could have ever hoped for our special day. Bethany was AMAZING and made the whole wedding process so easy. I would recommend this venue to anyone!
    Ann-Marie S. Married on 07/27/2019

Amazed & Delighted

I cannot say enough nice things about the Steamboat Co/Diamond Mills! The staff is absolutely amazing. From the attendants to the bartender, spot on! All were personable, always moving, and ready to help.

The event staff made everything on that very special day seem effortless, never missing a beat! No detail was untouched, and they delivered an amaze & delight experience for everyone who attendant.