Diamond Event Group, LLC Reviews

35 | Chicago, IL

35 Reviews for Diamond Event Group, LLC

Shoshanna · Married on 10/27/2012

I have to say, I loved our wedding! I put a lot of time into planning-both big picture & details. When it came to music, my husband & I had a lot of thoughts...I've heard nightmares about DJ's so I hAd some concerns. When I first met with Ben, my worries pretty much vanished. This guy was fantastic - he had such a calming effect on both of us & it was clear that he would absolutely deliver on what we were looking for. He played every single song we asked him to at the right times! He even got the whole room to sing happy birthday to my husbands 85 year grandmother :)

He was totally helpful when it came to layout of the room & lighting & had all kinds of suggestions when we weren't sure of things. The venue we had selected changed rooms on us after our initial meeting & I called Ben to see what we should do. He said no problem & met me back at the place to look at the new space! He was so professional & made the room look beautiful with all of the lights. I could not have been more pleased with everything Ben had anything to do with! I really can't recommend him enough...such a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 02/24/2014

Mel · Married on 09/16/2017

The best bare none! We had Diamond do everything for us: DJ, Lighting, & Photography and I would do it over and over and over again! Ben was our DJ with Matt doing the master of ceremonies duties. Ben is the greatest DJ I've ever heard! He played everything we requested and mixed in songs that went perfectly with our requests. Matt was smooth, personal, and made sure to make our wedding all about us! He took the time to make sure he said all our names correctly and double checked with everyone in my bridal party too! Mariah is easily the best photographer! My husband were not excited about taking so many pictures, but he made it easy and kept us laughing all day! Our photos reflect that! The only problem I have is choosing which pictures to put in our album!

If you're looking at hiring these guys...stop looking! Just do it! They. Are. The Best!

Sent on 01/09/2018

Angie · Married on 06/10/2017

The only issue from our wedding was the DJ played the wrong version of our first dance!! We really wanted the acoustic and he played the radio/studio version. They're so similar that I didn't even realize it wasn't the right version until my husband said something at the end! Oops!! Other than that, our wedding was AMAZING! Everyone danced, and I mean everyone!! My dad, who barely danced at his wedding, danced almost the entire night! My husband's grandmother made my sister wheel her out on the dance floor!

Seriously everyone, these guys are the best! They played every song on our must play list, even the songs I didn't think would work! They made them work! I can't say enough about how great it was working with Diamond!

Sent on 01/09/2018
  • User5520776 · 2+ years ago

We had Riv & DJ Smitty for our wedding on October 10th. They were amazing! The music selection was fantastic. All of our wedding guests were raving to us afterwards and said it was the best reception music ever. They made our day so much more special and fun. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/13/2015

Justina · Married on 01/25/2014

DJ Ben rocks! We didn't want to spend a lot of time putting together a list of "do not play" and "play" for the wedding. We had enough to do, so we just met with Ben and over a beer told him some of our favorites and a few do not plays and he just ran with it. And it was amazing! We wanted everyone on the dance floor and everyone was on the dance floor! Ben was also great and let our 8 year old niece "DJ" with him for a few songs! She was in her glory. He is super professional and just did a killer job! We also had him provide the lighting, and our venue was beautiful. AND, he provided a photo booth! He had tons of fun props and gave us a cd with all the picture within 2 weeks of the wedding. We would highly recommend Ben!

Sent on 03/18/2014

Kim · Married on 09/03/2017

My fiance and I met with Ben through our wedding coordinator. From the minute we started talking to Ben we knew we had found our photographer. We didn't even bother looking for other photographers after our meeting because we were so impressed with him. He is very personable and fun and he has so much experience.

Ben then introduced us to Oliver, our DJ. Ben and Oliver were so cool that they agreed to meet with us at our apartment to go over details. Both of them are so fun to talk with and they are so passionate about what they do. After our first sit down with both of them we knew we had made the right choice.

Needless to say, our wedding was incredible and we have Ben, Oliver, and Mariah to thank for that. Our photos came out amazing! The music and lighting that they provided rocked our reception! Our guests kept telling us afterwards what a fun wedding it was and our dance floor was never empty!

We highly recommend Diamond Event Group for any special event! Thank you guys so much again! You helped make our wedding amazing.

Sent on 11/22/2017

Barbara · Married on 07/05/2014

Diamond Event Group did the lighting and DJ services for our Chicago wedding two weeks ago. I can't reiterate enough how amazing the night went and in large part due to DJ Ben.

We had a large multi cultural wedding (Colombian / American). My main concern with the music was integrating the musical tastes of my Colombian family who expected Salsa, Merengue and Reggaeton as part of the playlist, and our American friends/family that expected Top 40/Oldies / Contemporary music. Ben listened to our concerns, he met up with us twice, answered my numerous emails, and the day of the wedding integrated the music so seamlessly I had multiple people comment on the fantastic music selection. I should also add that in addition to the reception music he also accommodated my last minute request to play our ceremony music. I thought the services were reasonably priced and would recommend Diamond Event Group to anyone planning an upcoming wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Nickole · Married on 06/18/2016

Ben and his crew were at absolute delight to work with - from start to finish. Initially, I had done most of the wedding prep with Ben (the owner) who was in charge of our photography for our wedding. He was extremely responsive and professional in all interactions and genuinely showed excitement about our wedding! We started the process early, but the communication was always on point and Ben was always eager to answer any of my questions or address any of my concerns throughout the process. Going into our wedding, I was extremely comfortable with Ben, Mariah, Brandon, and Matt taking the reigns and doing what they do best! Ben and Mariah worked so well with all of our bridal party and parents and our guests raved about how professional and coordinated our photographers were. Matt and Brandon were extremely personable and really brought a lot of fun and high-energy to our wedding! Not only did we do the photography and DJ'ing, we also went with up-lighting that Ben had recommended for our venue. While I was a little hesitant at first, I am so glad we went with the up-lights - they made a HUGE difference and gave our venue an elegant atmosphere during cocktail hour/dinner and then when it was time to party, the up-lights brought fun,colorful lighting that had everyone on the dance floor. Overall, my husband and I couldn't be happier in choosing Diamond Event Group for our wedding!! Thank you all so much!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Hilary · Married on 10/11/2013

3.5

DJ Ben, now Diamond Event Group, was the best wedding DJ I've ever encountered.

EVERYONE at my wedding danced. Even my Grandmother. He was super at the wedding mixing and reading the crowd. His uplighting was perfect and really added to the room and our guests loved him. You could actually understand what he was saying in his microphone and he took special care to make sure that he knew how to say everyone's name correctly.

I recommend DJ Ben to anyone for their wedding. He is great to work with, won't play cheesey music and listens to you. He is a normal guy with a great personality, unlike so many of the other DJs out there.

Go with Ben! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 10/21/2013

Diamond Event Group, LLC's reply:

Thanks for the kind words Hilary! Your wedding was AMAZING! I loved being there with you and Philip!
  • Alexjandra

Alexjandra · Married on 08/19/2016

3.0

Our reception turned into a real TURNT party, which is exactly what we asked. I went to school and New Orleans and I wanted to bring NOLA Bounce Music to the Midwest. He did just that and my friends and I felt we were at a college party. We did have a few mistakes with names being left out during the Bridal Party entrance but our guests had great time. GUARANTEED your great-aunts and uncles/cousins/next door neighbors will be on the dance-floor if you have Diamond Event Group at your wedding!

Sent on 09/27/2016