Diamond Event Group, LLC Reviews

33 | Chicago, IL

33 Reviews for Diamond Event Group, LLC

Anna · Married on 07/28/2018

We had the pleasure of working with the Diamond group for our wedding. They did they lighting, photobooth, Ben was our DJ and of course we had the amazing Emcee Riv. I cannot say enough of great things about them all. We had a blast dancing the night away and so did our guests. I would highly recommend them. They were very professional and easy to work with.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't say enough about Diamond Event Group!!! Honestly, they are the reason I know our wedding was a big success! They are a little more expensive than we were planning on spending, but we heard through a friend how good they were and knowing that music was very important to us, we went with them. We are happy to say they were worth every penny!!!!
    We originally met with Ben, the owner and DJ, and he put our minds at ease with all the details he went through and made it very easy for us to make a decision to move forward with them! We even booked an Emcee, Riv, and he was FANTASTIC!! He really set the night off right and got everyone excited for the party! I've got to say we also had a call with the Emcee the week of the wedding and he got us excited and made sure we know everything was taken care of and ready for the wedding! It was great to know we had the support of the DJ and Emcee!
    I would recommend them for any party and know it will be the absolute best time! 5+ stars easily!!!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 08/19/2017

Me and my husband got married in August, and we are still receiving compliments about the incredible entertainment at our wedding. Let me just say that Ben and Riv are simply incredible. They really are the dynamic duo when it comes to weddings. From start to finish their professionalism and excitement made our lives so much easier when planning. Our wedding was absolutely the best! Riv was an incredible MC, he takes every worry away on your big day. They knew just how to keep everyone on the dancefloor, and really knew how to make the night a celebration about us. Thank you both for an incredible wedding! Love you guys!

Sara · Married on 09/22/2016

Ben and his team did a truly amazing job with our wedding. We got endless compliments on them. They kept everyone on the dance floor until the last moment of the wedding and even got people we never imagined would dance out there. It was a mixed religion wedding and Ben did a great job explaining the Jewish traditions that we chose to incorporate so that everyone knew what was going on. Additionally, my husband and I have very different music tastes and Ben seamlessly combined our styles. Finally, he understood my vision for the lighting immediately and perfectly implemented it. For all those reasons, and many more, both my husband and I could not be happier with our choice to go with Diamond Event Group!!!

Carrie · Married on 06/18/2016

Craig and I got married in June at the Aboretum Club in Buffalo Grove. DEG and the MC, Riv on the Mic, have worked with the venue before and made it super easy. I have know the owner and the MC for years in different, unrelated capacities, and they did a fantastic job making our reception a night to remember! All of our guests said that the music was fantastic and Riv was great! Thanks so much for making it the best night of our lives!

James · Married on 04/16/2016

Ben runs the crew and does an exceptional job. From the first moment we met him through working with him on photos post-event I have had nothing but great experiences. Ben is an ultra-professional. He did our engagement photo shoot for us too.
    The best part about working with Diamond Event Group is that they will do whatever it takes to provide the exact experience you want. We had a meeting about a month prior to the wedding with Ben (photos) and Riv (amazing MC/DJ). They asked us all kinds of questions to understand us, our family, our musical tastes, and how we wanted our event to feel.
    On the day of Ben and Mariah (another photographer) were on site by noon. They took all kinds of amazing shots of everyone getting ready, greeting people, the set up, original group photos etc. I was really impressed with Mariah's passion and creativity. You could tell that he loves what he does and wants to find that unique shot that captures his subjects perfectly.
    Diamond Event also set up sound for our ceremony (mic on my tux, speakers behind altar, and DJ off to the side). Thhe DJ (I believe his name was Neal) did an exceptional job of paying attention to the moment to cue the songs and lower/raise volume at the exact moment. It gave our ceremony such a cinematic feeling; absolutely nailed it.
    Between the ceremony and reception is when Ben really shines. He organized our 2 huge families and we knocked out all of the family photos in less than 30 minutes.
    THE RECEPTION. After hearing the type of party my wife and I wanted to have; Ben and Riv came up with a type of entrance I'd never seen before. Riv is another person who's passion SHINES in his work. EVERY SINGLE person was on the dance floor. Even my 75 year old grandmother was dancing. The lighting, sound, DJ, Riv as the MC; EVERYTHING was exceptional. I can't say enough to explain how great of an event they created. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND BEN AND HIS GROUP. The only word to describe them is PERFECT.

Jonathan · Married on 10/24/2015

I have known DJ Swizz for many years, even before he decided to start his own company. When it came time for me to choose a DJ for our wedding I knew there was only one logical choice. Having known DJ Swizz's character we knew that he would be fair, professional, but most of all enthusiastic and knowledgeable. DJ Swizz was able to fill all of our knowledge gaps regarding the wedding process. He was open and honest about his services and was able to discuss the industry standard, and where his company stood on that spectrum, and what you are paying for. I will say that he was worth every penny we spent. He made the wedding planning process very easy. Most of all we were pleased with his performance and event set up on our wedding day. Everyone that attended our wedding said they had a great time because the DJ was so talented, enthusiastic, and fun. You could tell that DJ Swizz wanted nothing more than to make sure all our guests had a great time and that all of our requests were met. DJ Swizz did not try to meet our minimum requirements, He spent his time and energy to exceed our expectations. We would hire DJ Swizz again and again and recommend him to anyone who wants to put on a special event.

Lynsey · Married on 09/06/2015

Rich and I can't be more happy with The Diamond Event Group's DJ and photography services for our wedding last weekend (9/6/2015). As far as the pre-planning phase, the company's owner, Ben Swislow, did an excellent working with my family and husband on specific photographs we were wanting. He was able to incorporate both traditional and modern ideas into this affair, and we are So So So excited to see those pictures! During the actual wedding day, Ben and his assistant photographer, Marissa, were amazing! They captured everything we wanted, and were flexible with any hiccups that occurred. They made us laugh, kept us in line, and worked with all ages (3 to 88) professionally. I want to thank Ben for taking a leadership role during our reception when needed. When needing to take charge, Ben didn't hesitate at all, and took care of things without Rich or I knowing. I highly recommend Ben's photography services!

One word describes our DJ "services": WOW! We had "Riv" MC our wedding, and he made it, what it was- A PARTY! The DJ was awesome too. Rich and I received so many compliments throughout the evening about Riv and Diamond Event Group's DJ services. Riv was wonderful, extremely easy to work with before and during the event, and I would recommend him for ALL TYPES of PARTIES!

This company was amazing!!

I absolutely love DJ Swizz. He was very accommodating with absolutely everything! Once the music started, no one left the dance floor. He was able to hit every kind of music from different generations to make everyone have such an amazing time! We also used his photo booth which was a HUGE hit! That photo booth was never empty. I would 100% recommend him for any event!

I am so happy that we chose Diamond Event Group to capture our wedding day memories. Ben and his team spent so much time with us before, during, and after the wedding to ensure that we got everything we wanted! I absolutely recommend Diamont Event Group for any and all of your important events!!

Diamond Event Group was absolutely amazing! The music, lighting, monogram on our dance floor was more than we could ever ask for!! When we did our first look in our room I was blown away! We had people young to old and no one ever left the dance floor and that's the one thing I asked for!! Every thing I asked for was met, and I would strongly suggest people to use them!

Lindsay · Married on 07/11/2015

Oliver was wonderful! He met with us twice before the event and spoke with us on the phone a few times! He played all the "must plays" and really understood the type of music we wanted. My husband loves music and was worried about hiring a DJ. He has DJ'd his friends weddings and was very particular. During the reception the dance floor was full the entire night! The best part was after the party ended, the remaining friends/guests started singing a song to finish the night. Oliver cued it up and we ended with a big group dance to Elvis's Can't Help Falling in Love With You! It was an amazing and fun night!

Kelly and Viktor · Married on 06/06/2015

Overall a great experience. Captured our personalities perfectly with playlist and came up with unique fun intro. THE PARTY NEVER STOPPED:)

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2014

We used Diamond Event Group for our wedding in September and we are so happy with the outcome! We worked with Ben throughout the planning process and he was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was very helpful and attentive. He was such a great MC as well, and made sure every guest was out of their seat and having a great time on the dance floor. We highly recommend Diamond Event Group to those looking for the perfect DJ/MC for their special day.

rich · Married on 08/10/2014

Ben DJ'ed for our wedding celebration. He kept a diverse crowed of all ages on the floor from second dance until the end. Exactly what we asked of him!

Courtney · Married on 07/05/2014

Diamond Event Group did a fabulous job at our wedding! Oliver was our Dj and David was his assistant. The week of our wedding Oliver sat down with us for 2 hours to plan everything out and to make sure it was just how we wanted. He played all the songs we had asked him to play and kept the dance floor full the entire night! Family and friends said they had a blast at our wedding and I know it was because Oliver and David kept the party going! We have already recommended them to anyone and will continue doing so! Thanks again Oliver and David and to Diamond Event Group for making our wedding amazing!

Lara · Married on 06/21/2014

We got married in Lake Geneva this past June and had DJ Ben and his assistant (also named Ben) do the music, sound, and lighting. DJ Ben was absolutely incredible. He made the planning so easy. In one meeting we planned the entire event and when I had a few changes he made it so easy to do via email. At the ceremony he provided microphones, music, and speakers so that everyone was able to hear. At the reception he did the uplighting (it was BEAUTIFUL I recommend it to anyone) as well as the music. To be honest, when his assistant first came out (to pump up the crowd, show us some dance moves, etc.) I was unsure if it was going to feel like a Bar/Bat Mitzvah with the dancers. It absolutely did not feel like that and he was such an amazing addition to the night. He helped get people up and dancing and the dance floor was packed all night. DJ Ben played all sorts of music and was an incredible judge of what people wanted to hear and dance to. He is an actual DJ and doesn't just sit with a playlist on his iTunes playing the Top 40 like some weddings I have been to. We would recommend them to anyone! People are still coming up to us and commenting on how great the music was! Thank you Diamond Event Group!!!!!

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2013

BEST.DJ.EVER!!!!!!

I don't even know where to begin...the dancing in the clouds, the voice-over father/daughter dance and introduction dance party...I mean we still get compliments on how fun our wedding was! Ben and his crew had the dance floor packed all night long! I would recommend Ben to anyone and everyone! I can't say enough good about Diamond Event Group! This is a "REAL" DJ...this isn't your typical boring stick in the mud wedding DJ! Thanks Ben and Team for making our wedding AMAZINGLY AWESOME! Diamond Event Group is highly recommended!!!! Like, don't even look anywhere else...you'll be wasting your time!!!

Lara · Married on 08/17/2013

Ben from Diamond Event group provided wonderful service and was very attentive on our big day.
    The music was great and he mixed up a wonderful selection of songs that everyone enjoyed.
    Everyone at our wedding was out on the dance floor enjoying the music and having a great time.
    After using diamond event group, I would definitely use them again.

Angela · Married on 08/03/2013

All I can say is WOW!!! Ben was recommended to us by a friend and his services exceeded our expectations. Not only did him and his team transform our venue with their amazing uplighting abilities but none of our guests stop dancing the entire night.
    Our venue definitely needed a little excitement to spruce it up and Diamond Event Group did just that. All of our wedding pictures turned out amazing due to their uplighting services. We were so pleased!!! So many of our guests raved about how great the space looked, and believe me it had a lot to do with Ben and his expertise.
    The quality of their sound system and DJ'ing abilities were spectacular as well. Everything sounded perfect! A few of our guests loved him so much they had asked for his contact information for their weddings. Thank you Ben, you really made our night with everything you did for us. We are beyond thankful and appreciative with how everything turned out. We will be recommending you and your team to everyone!!

Molly · Married on 06/08/2013

When it comes to music, audio, lighting, photography and all around event planning and management - it simply does not get better than Diamond Event Group! They are the best in the business.

Ben, the president of the company, has an amazing team of talented professionals who are completely dedicated to making your special day an event everyone is sure to remember. Their DJ services are simply amazing. I've been to lots of wedding and events and they are hands-down the best. Their music choices are always fresh and I can gurantee your dance floor will be packed! So many of our guests asked for Ben's name and number and several have used him at their events.

The best thing about Diamond Event Group though is the fact that they are a one-stop shop. They do amazing lighting that can jazz up even the dullest of rooms. Their lighting was just what we needed to take our ballroom to the next level and all of our guests commented on how gorgeous it was. In addition to lighting and music, Ben also provided photography services for us and rented a photo booth for us as well. Dealing with one person who can manage all of those details is so much easier than working with four or five different vendors!

Finally, their customer services is awesome! They will spend lots of time getting to know you and listening to what you want and making sure every detail is in place so you don't have to worry about a thing! Plus they are super reponsive and never seem annoyed when you hound them with questions! You always feel like you are their top priority - which is the way it should be when you work with any vendor.

I can't recommend Ben and Diamond Event Group enough! If you are looking for an amazing DJ or someone to help you making your big day extra special, definitely call Diamond Event Group. You will be so happy you did!

Becca · Married on 05/04/2013

So glad that I hired Diamond Event Group for my wedding! Ben the owner and DJ for our wedding and Ben 'Flaco' the MC truly deserve the five star rating. This was one vendor that truly took extra stress and chaos out of our planning and the wedding day itself. Our uplighting was flawless and truly made our venue look even more beautiful! Ben kept our reception flow organized and on schedule without feeling stale or rushed, while other Ben our MC made sure that our guests had a blast! My family and friends did not leave the dance floor! I get constant feedback that it was such a great party, and friends always want to know who our amazing DJ team was! I'm sure Diamond Event Group does a lot of weddings, but they did a wonderful job at making ours feel unique, special and a lot of fun!

Words cannot begin to explain what Ben did for our wedding in terms of lighting and setting the perfect scene. He took our wedding venue and transformed it into the most warm, inviting, and gorgeous space we had ever seen! We would have never thought that adding lighting would have such a dramatic impact and feeling to our wedding. It was gorgeous! Ben offered us such great, professional advice and we just went with it! All of his suggestions made our wedding ceremony and reception go above and beyond our expectations. Without him, we're convinced everything would have not "come to life" the way it did. We wouldn't have done it any other way!

Shoshanna · Married on 10/27/2012

I have to say, I loved our wedding! I put a lot of time into planning-both big picture & details. When it came to music, my husband & I had a lot of thoughts...I've heard nightmares about DJ's so I hAd some concerns. When I first met with Ben, my worries pretty much vanished. This guy was fantastic - he had such a calming effect on both of us & it was clear that he would absolutely deliver on what we were looking for. He played every single song we asked him to at the right times! He even got the whole room to sing happy birthday to my husbands 85 year grandmother :)

He was totally helpful when it came to layout of the room & lighting & had all kinds of suggestions when we weren't sure of things. The venue we had selected changed rooms on us after our initial meeting & I called Ben to see what we should do. He said no problem & met me back at the place to look at the new space! He was so professional & made the room look beautiful with all of the lights. I could not have been more pleased with everything Ben had anything to do with! I really can't recommend him enough...such a pleasure to work with!

Mel · Married on 09/16/2017

The best bare none! We had Diamond do everything for us: DJ, Lighting, & Photography and I would do it over and over and over again! Ben was our DJ with Matt doing the master of ceremonies duties. Ben is the greatest DJ I've ever heard! He played everything we requested and mixed in songs that went perfectly with our requests. Matt was smooth, personal, and made sure to make our wedding all about us! He took the time to make sure he said all our names correctly and double checked with everyone in my bridal party too! Mariah is easily the best photographer! My husband were not excited about taking so many pictures, but he made it easy and kept us laughing all day! Our photos reflect that! The only problem I have is choosing which pictures to put in our album!

If you're looking at hiring these guys...stop looking! Just do it! They. Are. The Best!