Diamond DJ's Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 12/19/2021

Professional, Courteous, and Great MC!

Diamond DJ's Entertainment, owned by Larry, was on the list of preferred vendors for our venue. We reached out to a few of the DJs on the list and Larry's prices were very competitive and offered a lot more in his wedding packages. He was always easy to communicate with, we did most of our correspondence over email and he was always responsive. He reached out the week of the wedding to ensure we were all set and had selected our music for the special events throughout the night. When I had questions about songs that weren't listed in the database, he helped me figure out how to add those custom songs. The day of the wedding, Larry had set up beautiful lighting, a great photo booth, and was nicely dressed in a suit. I also requested a special lighting effect for our first dance and it worked out very nicely. He went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable, he captured some nice photos for us too! He was a great MC and helped facilitate a very fun night for us. He was very genuine and nice. I highly recommend Larry for your special event, you won't regret his professionalism!
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 09/25/2021

Our guests are STILL talking about the music at our wedding!

Larry was INCREDIBLE! Our whole experience working with him from start to finish was perfect. He worked with us through COVID as we had to reschedule our wedding, and was super responsive to every question we had along the way. He uses a super easy to use online portal for song requests and day-of timeline details, which made our special day go off without a hitch. Larry also provided a photo booth and lighting for our big day, which made ambiance and capturing memories that much better! He really took our requests to heart and only played music that went with the vibe that we were looking for. He also invited all of our guests onto the dance floor for a group photo (which we LOVE and cherish), which was an awesome way to get everyone up and dancing - no awkward empty dance floor with a few brave souls willing to bust a move! Our guests are still raving about Larry and the music at our wedding, we're SO glad to have worked with him! Five Stars, would highly recommend!!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 05/08/2021

Amazing DJ!

Diamond DJ Larry was incredible to work with and did such an amazing job at our wedding! Prior to the wedding, he was quick to respond and answered all of our questions and concerns. I was so happy that he was available to DJ our 10/10/20 wedding on a rather short notice as well. His music platform is so extensive and it was fun choosing all the songs for our wedding. I appreciated going over our wedding day timeline with him and was so pleased that he was in contact with the venue to iron out all the little details. He helped the day go by smoothly with all the formal announcements and really knew how to keep the party going! Our guests raved about how much they loved all the music and all the fun they had at our wedding. I highly recommend Larry and can't thank him enough for being a part of our special day!
  • Sarah
    Sarah A. Married on 02/03/2021

Look no further!

Larry was a dream to work with. He is very on top of communication! Any and all questions were answered within an hour!! His website to layout songs for your ceremony/reception was very easy to use! It asked me for songs for parts of the ceremony I hadn't even thought about! Would've been an awkward silence without this tool! Also, his website has suggestions for reception songs which makes things realllllyyy easy! I was able to select songs I knew were requested frequently at other weddings! Seriously wouldn't have wanted to work with anyone else! He bounced around my reception making sure everyone knew what was going on and when to be where! 10/10!
    Karen C. Married on 03/15/2020

Thoughtful! Above and Beyond!

We had the most incredible experience with Larry! He was incredibly professional. He was so helpful and was willing to do things that you wouldn’t expect a DJ to do. He arrived so early to set up. Made sure to walk through all the details. He was quick on all of his responses. We had our wedding right before the COVID-19 lockdowns and Larry emailed us to check in and he sent some pictures he took on his phone. That was so sweet. We truly enjoyed having Larry as a part of our team.
    Robert R. Married on 03/01/2020

Wedding that made my wife happy

Fantastic DJ!!! Extremely friendly, great host with a wide variety of music selections upon request. I was very impressed and would recommend Larry for any party. Thank you again Larry for making our wedding very special.
    Rebekah Y. Married on 11/23/2019

The best dj

When we met Larry through our friend’s wedding we knew we had to have him as our DJ. He is absolutely fantastic, professional, and a great entertainer. Larry was so responsive through the whole wedding process and we were so impressed by his professionalism and ideas. I keep getting calls and texts about how amazing our DJ was days after the wedding. Larry made all our reception dreams come true and helped us throw an incredible unforgettable wedding. We highly recommend Larry.
    Stephanie Married on 10/19/2019
    Larry was awesome. He was an an amazing DJ but also helped throughout the entire event. He made everyone feel so comfortable and made the event run smoothly.
    Michael Y. Married on 10/13/2019

Phenomenal Experience from Larry

Larry did an amazing job with our wedding at the Hyatt Huntington Beach. He and his team provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception as well as doing the MC and photobooth. The photobooth definitely turned into a pretty big hit once everyone got a few drinks into them and saw how fun it was! Larry was extremely professional and communicative throughout the process and made sure our requests were taken care of. Highly recommended!!
  • Kevin
    Kevin K. Married on 10/12/2019

One of the best choices for our Wedding

DJ Larry had the best list of songs for the soundtrack of our wedding. He was more than willing to do fun transitions, laser lights and cut traditional dances just a bit shorter per our request. We loved logging into his music portal monthly adding new favorites and remembering old hits. Things could not have gone better and the equipment throughout the event never failed. It must have been a good party because we even go the DJ to the dance floor! The bride really appreciated her Taylor Swift requests being played!
    Danielle Married on 09/28/2019

Book Larry you won't regret it!

Larry is such an awesome DJ!! He knows how to get the party started, and more importantly keep the party going! He is also very organized. In order to prepare for the big day there is a music list where you request all of your songs, including ceremony and reception. No worries if you can't think of your favorite songs, he also has lists online of top wedding songs for every part of the big day. He is so great, he kept us informed about everything. He is also so nice and will help with anything. I would look no further when it comes to booking your DJ. Larry is phenomenal!
  • Lillian
    Lillian R. Married on 09/15/2019

Such a joy!!

Wow, Larry was incredible! It was so stressful looking for a DJ for my wedding not only because I was planning out of state but because they was a lot of pressure, a DJ sets the tone of your reception. But it was so clear since day one that Larry was going to take the time to create or vision for the tone of the evening, and the lights. Nothing about our DJ experience was stressful. At the wedding he was engaged, lively and personal!

I can’t recommend him enough! So blessed he was our DJ!!
  • Haley
    Haley P. Married on 08/24/2019

Truly One of a Kind DJ

Larry is hands down the BEST DJ EVER! Not only is he a professional and outstanding at what he does, but he is a lot of fun to be around. He brings life to the party! I can’t say enough great things about Diamond DJ’s Entertainment. I highly recommend booking him for your event. You will not regret it!
  • Kelli
    Kelli Married on 06/28/2019

Best DJ ever

From the moment we met Larry, we knew he'd be the perfect fit for our wedding. His attention to detail, professionalism, communication, knowledge, and tools set the event up for success. We gave him a wide variety of songs, far too many than could be played in 1 night and he managed to hit the right song at the right time the entire night. Our guests are still talking about how great the music was! The dance floor was full from start to finish and we couldn't be happier to have Larry be a part of our big day!
  • Jossely
    Jossely M. Married on 06/02/2019

Best Decision!

I just got married June 2, 2019 at The Hacienda. We found Larry through our venues "preferred vendor" list. Like everybody I emailed all the other DJ's along with Larry. Immediately I heard back from Larry. I started emailing him to get a feel of who he was and his personality and he was very personable and easy to talk to. I remember telling him that I have a very hispanic family and we wanted a lot of cumbias/latin music to be played. Let me tell you when I say that he did not disappoint the day of the wedding. I gave him an idea of the type of music that I wanted, some songs etc. and he had no issue playing the music that I wanted/requested. I can't thank Larry enough for the amazing job he did at our wedding. The way he interacted with my family, the kids and just overall the way he was able to engaged my WHOLE family to dance is beyond me. Larry was literally one of us that day. He was part of our family! He fit in so well! He was so awesome and we can't thank him enough! From the music, the way he interacted with everyone down to the pictures he took of us. Thank you so much Larry! Our wedding would not have been the same without you!
    Joshua M. Married on 05/26/2019

Book them now, thank me later.

You know all the little details that you worry about? And how you want everything to go perfectly without having to do it all yourself? DiamondDJs takes care of it all perfectly. I'll be honest and tell you I didn't understand the need for a good DJ before my first meeting with Larry. I honestly thought anyone with an ipod and a speaker would have been fine and didn't understand the cost people paid for a DJ. I was WRONG. They took every request we had, made it easy to find all our favorite songs, made sure no one gave toasts that we didn't want to, kept everything on pace, provided beautiful up lighting, we even got the photobooth and they killed it! I'll recommend them to anyone I know that ever needs a DJ. I just wish I could say something bad so this didn't sound too good to be true, but we were blown away with everything they did. Oh, and the DJ even coordinated his attire to fit the theme. We didn't ask for that, he just did it, because they think of everything.
    Charlotte Married on 05/25/2019

Compliments in droves!

Larry was hands down the best DJ we could have asked for for our special day. We had MULITPLE family and friends compliment us on the quality of service provided, the music choices, and the overall reception leadership provided. I would recommend his services without hesitation!
  • Amanda
    Amanda W. Married on 03/31/2019

An Amazing DJ!

We were recommended to Larry through our officiant Don Johnson. Don said that Larry had a lot of experience and is really dedicated to his work - he was not kidding. From the first time talking to Larry, it was clear that he was committed to excellence and making our wedding day spectacular. Larry was able to offer us his services for the ceremony and reception (4:30 pm to 10 pm) with uplighting and a photo booth for $1695. I could hardly believe it. Not only was it monetarily a great deal but we felt good knowing that we had a DJ who knew how the flow of the night should go, knew how to work the crowd and make the whole night fun. Larry was so flexible with us and always very accommodating. One very unique feature the Larry offers is his online platform. Through his website, you can plan the whole structure of your wedding, include information like names of the wedding party and also create your playlist for the entire day. It was great to have a tool for us where we could plan it all out and make changes so easily and at our convenience. I cannot recommend Larry's services enough. He is a wonderful DJ but also a wonderful person and we loved working with him.
  • I
    Irene Married on 12/30/2018

Brilliant - ceremony & reception went to perfection

Diamond DJ Larry was phenomenal to work with, and he did a fantastic job at our wedding (provided services for our ceremony and reception). Even before our wedding, Larry took the time to answer all of our questions in a friendly & prompt manner, guiding us along the way. His website is super easy to use, which allowed us to customize our music selections and tailor our event as needed, and he has a huge music selection from which to choose. We wanted our wedding ceremony and reception to flow smoothly, yet be fun and romantic, and Larry definitely exceeded our expectations. The music was excellent; he seamlessly mixed music from multiple decades and genres. Many of our guests have told us what a great DJ he was. Larry handled our special requests perfectly, which included playing a slideshow and non-traditional music, and our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. He added unexpected touches such as taking photos of our ceremony and asking us directly if we need anything during dinner. We certainly recommend Diamond DJ Larry to anyone looking for a high-quality, good-tempered, and professional DJ for their wedding. Larry, thank you so much for making our wedding so brilliant!
    Jonathan Married on 12/01/2018

Best DJ in California!

Larry is amazing. We have been to our fair share of weddings and seen DJs and Larry blows them out of the water. He listened to what we were looking for and was able to play a mix of music for all ages and people for our wedding. He kept people engaged and interested for every aspect of the wedding. He had our 20 year old friends and our 75 year old family dancing the entire night. We spoke with Larry about how we want this to be a celebration and to keep people having fun. Larry went above and beyond. People kept coming up to us during the wedding and after asking for his contact information for their events and weddings. He knows what he is doing and how to keep the crowd entertained and engaged. We cannot recommend him enough!
  • Holland
    Holland Married on 11/03/2018

Best DJ ever!

Larry is the absolute best DJ ever! We had the best time at our wedding. My husband, myself, and our guests were dancing all night. We got a package that included uplighting and a photo booth. The lighting was so great and made our venue shine. The photo booth was the BEST! Our guests loved it. The props were so much fun, and the option to print and email or text was great. Larry was so professional with everything. It was so easy to request songs and set our lineup for the ceremony. He got everyone on the dance floor and executed the timeline perfectly. Thank you!
  • Rancy
    Rancy Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing DJ/MC to work with, look no more!

Larry was wonderful and very professional! He was highly recommended by our venue The Hacienda. We had a very specific need for how we wanted our playlists to be and Larry accommodated all of our wishes and worked out the logistics to make it happen. Our guests also later came to us and complimented how great our DJ/MC was. Larry was also our MC and I knew I could trust him to control our program in a timely manner, and he did! I didn't have to worry about a single thing because he was spot on in all the announcements and with watching the time. Another great thing about Larry is that he is the fastest responding vendor ever! He usually responds within 12 hours or less, sometimes within a few hours, and that is a big relief for a client because we just want answers or have questions and he gets right to it! Other DJs/MCs of the same quality would have cost a lot more, his prices are competitive but also very reasonable. We worked everything out with him over the phone and he's very detail oriented in making notes and then carrying out each task. Our wedding would not have been the same without a DJ/MC who is so on top of things like Larry is! BIG THANK YOU to you LARRY!

Diamond DJ's Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Rancy! I was honored to be a special part of your wedding day. So many memorable highlights from your day! From your spectacular choreographed first dance, to George's endearing musical performance, the day was magical. Until our paths cross again, I wish you a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness!
    Veronica Married on 09/30/2018
    Wow! Larry did an amazing job! From the music he played to the timing of the night, everything was perfect! The planning form we completed was so thorough, simple, and user friendly. He took all the info we put in and turned it into an awesome night! He was available for any and all questions along the way and was super helpful. Our guests had a great time on the dance floor, and you barely saw me anywhere but the dance floor! Such a fun night, and he made it seamless and easy to enjoy!
    Colleen Married on 09/23/2018
    Larry is hands down the best! He accommodated our (mostly) custom playlist, kept everyone on the dance floor, and the events on schedule. Out of all our vendors, he was the quickest to respond--usually within a couple hours. We wanted to do the shoe game rather than a bouquet or guarder toss, and his pre-made questions were super fun. Stop your search for other DJs; you've already found the one!
    Matt Married on 09/21/2018
    Larry was awesome to work with! From Day 1, his website music tool was easy to use and really user friendly. He provided many tips on what to use and where, and made the planning process that much easier. He really allowed us to dictate the schedule, and worked with the timeline that we put together. The photo booth was amazing, the Gobo turned out perfect, and the dancing/music went throughout the night with the dance floor never empty. I'd highly recommend booking Larry for any event--we'd definitely use him again if we had to do it all over again!