Diamond DJ's Entertainment Reviews

Diamond DJ's Entertainment 5
Diamond DJ's Entertainment 6
Diamond DJ's Entertainment 7

Stephanie · Getting married on 10/19/2019

Larry was awesome. He was an an amazing DJ but also helped throughout the entire event. He made everyone feel so comfortable and made the event run smoothly.

Sent on 03/17/2010
  • Jossely

Jossely Montano · Married on 06/02/2019

Best Decision!

I just got married June 2, 2019 at The Hacienda. We found Larry through our venues "preferred vendor" list. Like everybody I emailed all the other DJ's along with Larry. Immediately I heard back from Larry. I started emailing him to get a feel of who he was and his personality and he was very personable and easy to talk to. I remember telling him that I have a very hispanic family and we wanted a lot of cumbias/latin music to be played. Let me tell you when I say that he did not disappoint the day of the wedding. I gave him an idea of the type of music that I wanted, some songs etc. and he had no issue playing the music that I wanted/requested. I can't thank Larry enough for the amazing job he did at our wedding. The way he interacted with my family, the kids and just overall the way he was able to engaged my WHOLE family to dance is beyond me. Larry was literally one of us that day. He was part of our family! He fit in so well! He was so awesome and we can't thank him enough! From the music, the way he interacted with everyone down to the pictures he took of us. Thank you so much Larry! Our wedding would not have been the same without you!

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Wexler · Married on 03/31/2019

An Amazing DJ!

We were recommended to Larry through our officiant Don Johnson. Don said that Larry had a lot of experience and is really dedicated to his work - he was not kidding. From the first time talking to Larry, it was clear that he was committed to excellence and making our wedding day spectacular. Larry was able to offer us his services for the ceremony and reception (4:30 pm to 10 pm) with uplighting and a photo booth for $1695. I could hardly believe it. Not only was it monetarily a great deal but we felt good knowing that we had a DJ who knew how the flow of the night should go, knew how to work the crowd and make the whole night fun. Larry was so flexible with us and always very accommodating. One very unique feature the Larry offers is his online platform. Through his website, you can plan the whole structure of your wedding, include information like names of the wedding party and also create your playlist for the entire day. It was great to have a tool for us where we could plan it all out and make changes so easily and at our convenience. I cannot recommend Larry's services enough. He is a wonderful DJ but also a wonderful person and we loved working with him.

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 8
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 9
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 10
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 11
  • I

Irene · Married on 12/30/2018

Brilliant - ceremony & reception went to perfection

Diamond DJ Larry was phenomenal to work with, and he did a fantastic job at our wedding (provided services for our ceremony and reception). Even before our wedding, Larry took the time to answer all of our questions in a friendly & prompt manner, guiding us along the way. His website is super easy to use, which allowed us to customize our music selections and tailor our event as needed, and he has a huge music selection from which to choose. We wanted our wedding ceremony and reception to flow smoothly, yet be fun and romantic, and Larry definitely exceeded our expectations. The music was excellent; he seamlessly mixed music from multiple decades and genres. Many of our guests have told us what a great DJ he was. Larry handled our special requests perfectly, which included playing a slideshow and non-traditional music, and our ceremony and reception went off without a hitch. He added unexpected touches such as taking photos of our ceremony and asking us directly if we need anything during dinner. We certainly recommend Diamond DJ Larry to anyone looking for a high-quality, good-tempered, and professional DJ for their wedding. Larry, thank you so much for making our wedding so brilliant!

Sent on 05/12/2019

Jonathan · Married on 12/01/2018

Best DJ in California!

Larry is amazing. We have been to our fair share of weddings and seen DJs and Larry blows them out of the water. He listened to what we were looking for and was able to play a mix of music for all ages and people for our wedding. He kept people engaged and interested for every aspect of the wedding. He had our 20 year old friends and our 75 year old family dancing the entire night. We spoke with Larry about how we want this to be a celebration and to keep people having fun. Larry went above and beyond. People kept coming up to us during the wedding and after asking for his contact information for their events and weddings. He knows what he is doing and how to keep the crowd entertained and engaged. We cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 02/01/2019
  • Holland

Holland · Married on 11/03/2018

Best DJ ever!

Larry is the absolute best DJ ever! We had the best time at our wedding. My husband, myself, and our guests were dancing all night. We got a package that included uplighting and a photo booth. The lighting was so great and made our venue shine. The photo booth was the BEST! Our guests loved it. The props were so much fun, and the option to print and email or text was great. Larry was so professional with everything. It was so easy to request songs and set our lineup for the ceremony. He got everyone on the dance floor and executed the timeline perfectly. Thank you!

Sent on 12/11/2018
  • Rancy

Rancy · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing DJ/MC to work with, look no more!

Larry was wonderful and very professional! He was highly recommended by our venue The Hacienda. We had a very specific need for how we wanted our playlists to be and Larry accommodated all of our wishes and worked out the logistics to make it happen. Our guests also later came to us and complimented how great our DJ/MC was. Larry was also our MC and I knew I could trust him to control our program in a timely manner, and he did! I didn't have to worry about a single thing because he was spot on in all the announcements and with watching the time. Another great thing about Larry is that he is the fastest responding vendor ever! He usually responds within 12 hours or less, sometimes within a few hours, and that is a big relief for a client because we just want answers or have questions and he gets right to it! Other DJs/MCs of the same quality would have cost a lot more, his prices are competitive but also very reasonable. We worked everything out with him over the phone and he's very detail oriented in making notes and then carrying out each task. Our wedding would not have been the same without a DJ/MC who is so on top of things like Larry is! BIG THANK YOU to you LARRY!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Diamond DJ's Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Rancy! I was honored to be a special part of your wedding day. So many memorable highlights from your day! From your spectacular choreographed first dance, to George's endearing musical performance, the day was magical. Until our paths cross again, I wish you a lifetime of love, laughter and happiness!

Veronica · Married on 09/30/2018

Wow! Larry did an amazing job! From the music he played to the timing of the night, everything was perfect! The planning form we completed was so thorough, simple, and user friendly. He took all the info we put in and turned it into an awesome night! He was available for any and all questions along the way and was super helpful. Our guests had a great time on the dance floor, and you barely saw me anywhere but the dance floor! Such a fun night, and he made it seamless and easy to enjoy!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Colleen · Married on 09/23/2018

Larry is hands down the best! He accommodated our (mostly) custom playlist, kept everyone on the dance floor, and the events on schedule. Out of all our vendors, he was the quickest to respond--usually within a couple hours. We wanted to do the shoe game rather than a bouquet or guarder toss, and his pre-made questions were super fun. Stop your search for other DJs; you've already found the one!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Matt · Married on 09/21/2018

Larry was awesome to work with! From Day 1, his website music tool was easy to use and really user friendly. He provided many tips on what to use and where, and made the planning process that much easier. He really allowed us to dictate the schedule, and worked with the timeline that we put together. The photo booth was amazing, the Gobo turned out perfect, and the dancing/music went throughout the night with the dance floor never empty. I'd highly recommend booking Larry for any event--we'd definitely use him again if we had to do it all over again!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Chris · Married on 06/30/2018

Larry is an absolute professional.He offers his customers the option of creating a custom playlist on his website which really makes a huge difference. Our goal was to have everyone on the dance floor all night and he made that happen. He executed the ceremony without a hitch, Music was right on cue and there were no problems with any microphones. he communicated excellently with our other vendors and us. Can't thank you enough! Thanks Larry!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 03/30/2018

If you’re looking for a DJ and Larry crossed your radar; STOP LOOKING. Where should I begin?!

His character is what we fell in love with. He is so genuine, pure-hearted, and a true character.

When we sat with him for our consultation my husband and I felt like we’ve known him for years. He is very easy to talk to, welcomed all wedding questions, and his process is so easy!

We ended up paying him in full right on the spot! There was no way we were about to let him slip through our fingertips.

When it came time to get our music list together it was cake!
    He has TONS of music already loaded into his music choices. If you’re having a hard time picking a song he has a list of his top recommendations! Example: we didn’t know what song we wanted as our first dance, we cruised through his recommendation list for that specific dance. And through that, we were able to narrow good songs dance.

We used his categorized list to help us with so many of other dances.

Day of the wedding he was looking SO sharp! He even wore a tie to match the wedding! And before I walked down the isle Larry came and hung out with me just to settle my nerves. He kept me so calm and collected.

He directed the entire wedding, told us when things were going to happen and followed EVERY single note we put in our list. His music was a beautiful blend and was just so perfect.

We didn’t really have any dance music and Larry manhandled it! He had everyone on the dance floor, hands in the air and having a GREAT TIME.

Stop searching and book Larry.

Sent on 04/03/2018

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2018

All I can say is, Larry is the BEST! All I wanted was a big dance party at our wedding reception and DJ Larry definitely made that happen! He kept the party going at our wedding! He even jumped on the dance floor to lead some of the choreographed dances. He also added with funny or cute background songs for the speeches. He provides high quality work and is very professional. He uses an online song database that allows you to easily build your wedding playlist. My favorite part was when he gathered all of the guests on the dance floor for a group photo and then kicked off the dancing for the night. If you want a professional, quality DJ for a reasonable price, Larry is your guy!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Michael · Married on 01/06/2018

My wife and I got married in the Long Beach area in January 2018. We currently live on the East Coast, so planning a wedding from across the country was not always easy. One thing we didn’t have to stress out about, however, was the music and entertainment for our reception: early on we found Diamond DJ’s Entertainment and DJ Larry and booked him, and we are so happy we did!!! My wife researched lots of options and once we found DJ Larry and spoke with him on the phone, we were blown away by his professionalism, enthusiasm, and attentiveness to our needs. He made himself available any time we had a question, whether by phone or e-mail, and he was always very prompt getting back to us. He explained his easy to use website to organize and plan the music for the big day. He also offers extremely fair pricing for his packages, and he is worth every dollar. When the week of the wedding finally rolled around, DJ Larry reached out to us to walk over the details of the reception. This was very helpful, as you can imagine, because there is a lot happening in the final days pre-wedding! During the reception, DJ Larry served as the MC and brought positive energy to the entire evening. He was even willing to get out onto the dance floor to keep the party going!! He provided top-notch equipment and really awesome lighting for the reception, and was even able to supply music for our cocktail hour in a separate space from the reception hall. He respected our music requests and filled in the gaps with an excellent musical balance that perfectly fit the atmosphere we wanted -- many of our guests stopped me to mention how excellent the DJ was. We couldn’t agree more! If we ever have another event in the Southern California area that needed music, we would absolutely hire DJ Larry. He gets our highest review!!

Sent on 02/20/2018

Ashley · Married on 12/12/2017

Larry was the best DJ we could have asked for! He was the only vendor we worked with that wanted to know our story to really customize our experience. He is professional, so caring and takes the time to listen to your vision on this big day! He was so fun and moved the program along so we didn't have to think about it. We cannot speak highly enough of our experience with Diamond DJ's Entertainment. Thank you!

Sent on 02/11/2018

Katie · Married on 12/09/2017

Larry was a GREAT DJ and helped make our wedding reception perfect and go down without a hitch. The dance floor was packed from the dance kickoff until the very last song. He even had the brilliant idea to call ALL wedding guests to the dance floor for a group photo, right before the dance kickoff, which meant EVERYONE got out there dancing from the very beginning. Such a good idea! He was extremely professional through the entire planning process and his website has an event planning form that made planning the timeline and music requests a breeze. We loved working with Diamond DJ's and would highly recommend him. Thanks, Larry!!!

Sent on 01/03/2018

Jamilla · Married on 11/19/2017

We met with Larry about 9 months before our wedding and he was an amazing professional throughout the process. We really appreciated being able to control the types of music that was played throughout the evening. The online system is super easy to navigate. As a Type-A bride, I also appreciated being able to outline the plan for the entire day. Larry kept the program moving and made sure we were able to get in everything that we wanted. Thank you for making the evening so memorable.

Sent on 02/14/2018

Katherine · Married on 09/22/2017

A Great DJ equals a Great Event! Larry came highly recommended. We did not want anything but the best for our Wedding and Larry was incredible! From his constant Communication, to his understanding of the Music and "Vibe" we wanted; he proved his Experience!

Larry was a true Professional from start to finish. Even the music forms where straight forward. His timing, announcements, transitions and dedications, where proof that he cared about our event as much as we did!

Our guests were thrilled with our music and never left the dance floor! We had many guests request our playlist and we were able to share the list with them. We highly recommend Larry for your Special Event!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 12

Nikki · Married on 09/02/2017

My husband and I were very lucky to have Larry DJ our wedding on September 2nd at Mt. Palomar Winery. After meeting with Larry we knew he was the one. Not only does he have a tool to help you schedule your event but he also went over his services in detail and explained to us exactly what our options were. He did not sugar coat anything and gave us a realistic expectation, unlike a couple of other DJs we spoke to who kept trying to upsell us.

Throughout the process Larry was very responsive and flexible with our plans, as we also hired a string quartet and had a groomsman to perform our first dance. Even though Larry didn't DJ the ceremony, he made sure our ceremony was adequately mic'ed. He also mic'ed our groomsman for his performance which was a huge help.

The song selection Larry offers is endless and if he doesn't have a song he can add it (as long as he can find it). The planning system he uses gives you the option to select the songs you want/don't want but you can also ask Larry to help you as well. Larry also took requests which made my father super happy as he was able to sneak in some of his playlist that I passed on.

Larry is definitely a great DJ and everyone at our wedding had a great time and danced. If we ever needed a DJ again Larry would be our first call. We definitely recommend him to anyone who is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/10/2017
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 13
    Diamond DJ's Entertainment 14

Christie · Married on 05/06/2017

My husband and I got married on 5/6/17 at Lake Mission Viejo and Larry DJ'ed our wedding. All I can say is he was amazing! super attentive to our needs beyond just DJ-- he went out of his way to ensure that Matt and I had food/drinks and really alleviated a ton of stress knowing that we had a professional that would handle such an important aspect of our wedding. All of our friends commented on how many guests were dancing all night and how great the music was! i would recommend Larry if you're looking for an affordable, personable DJ that knows when to get the crowd involved and keep the fun going the whole celebration! He even sent photos taken at the ceremony afterwards-- which really was a nice touch, especially as we wait for our professional photos ;)

Sent on 05/18/2017
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 04/29/2017

So, let me tell you a little about Larry.

When I booked my venue (Tivoli Too!), I was given a list of DJs to pick from. I was told a little about each DJ and when they spoke about Larry they told me that he worked for the Laguna Beach PD and that he was a little more classic rock than the others. We emailed him to get pricing information, met with him in-person, and knew that he was the one for us!

We told him what kind of music we wanted (which was a nice mix of current music and classic rock) and how we wanted Bohemian Rhapsody as the last song of the night and he was very supportive of the whole idea. He's such a kind and genuine person and you can just tell that he absolutely loves what he does. He's also incredibly organized! There's an entire online form that he sent us to fill out, including what songs we want played when, and a play/don't play list that we could add songs too (for instance, we didn't want any Justin Bieber or Green Day, but "Dancing Queen" had to make the cut!).

He also offers a photobooth service which is a STEAL at the price he offers it. And the results were phenomenal! Everybody had a blast and the book we received at the end of the night with copies of all the photo strips and notes from those in the photos is such a wonderful keepsake. We spent our wedding night looking through all of them and were just so happy.

Though our wedding was a few days ago, I'm still getting comments from people about how great Larry was and how great the music choices were. When people talk about how wonderful your DJ was, you know you made a great choice.

On top of all of this, Larry takes photos throughout the night and sends them your way a little after your wedding date. He took photos of me and my dad before we walked down the aisle and they were just adorable. A really nice moment captured when our photographer was busy elsewhere. Larry really goes above and beyond and he will make your day amazing from start to finish!

Sent on 05/03/2017

Patricia · Married on 04/22/2017

My husband and I found Larry from Diamond DJ's Entertainment thorough our venue. We chose Larry to be our DJ for our wedding on April 22, 2017 because he was so professional, straightforward, and easy to work with.

We had a pianist play throughout the wedding ceremony, but DJ Larry took over for the rest of the evening. The wedding ran very smoothly because of him.

I was able to request all my favorite songs for the wedding using the online planning tool and customize the list so that certain songs played during different times of the wedding. Although a couple of the songs I wanted were not available online, I put in a special request, and Larry delivered!

In addition to keeping our wedding on track and the music flowing,, DJ Larry coordinated his outfit to match our wedding theme colors and sent me some awesome photos he took throughout the wedding.

I'd definitely use DJ Larry's services again for any future events!

Sent on 05/04/2017

Kailey · Married on 04/14/2017

Larry was wonderful! He met with us in person to ease any of ours concerns and to explain how the process and timeline will work. He came highly recommended from our venue, Tivoli Too. He made sure the evening went smoothly and everyone had fun. He has a great trick to get everyone on the dance floor as well, which multiple people commented to me about after the wedding.

Sent on 06/02/2017
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 04/08/2017

Larry was so attentive and felt like part of the family! He was professional and fun! He went above and beyond to keep my husband and I happy, getting drinks for us, taking photos, and mingling with guests! Would recommend him to anyone! Thanks again, Larry!!

Sent on 06/02/2017

Laura · Married on 02/19/2017

Larry was the perfect dj! First off he is reasonablly priced. He meets with you to get the perfect feel of what you want your wedding to be. He has a huge library to hand choose every song you want played. We had everything from 1940s to reggae to Indian to hip hop to your typical top songs. He got out on the floor and taught everyone a dance. This is a dj who truly loves music and what he does. He even sent us videos and the song list after the wedding. He is an excellent announcer and made our day very special.

Sent on 06/03/2017