Dez Penaloza Makeup Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2023 Winner

• Tara
    Tara Married on 09/25/2022

Dez is Amazing!

I've worked with Dez twice, she's just that good. The first was as a bridesmaid for my friend's wedding and I loved her so much I hired her for my own wedding. She is down to earth, hilarious, and feels like an old friend. Very quick to respond, listens, and DELIVERS. I don't typically wear much make up and she made me feel beautiful, yet natural both times. Could not recommend her enough! Dez is YOUR GIRL!
  • I
    Irina K. Married on 09/24/2022

10/10 recommend for flawless makeup

I hired Dez to do the makeup for my wedding (myself, bridesmaids, and some family) and could not recommend her enough! Not only is she absolutely delightful, she's incredible with makeup!! I was so pleased with how everything turned out both in real life and in photos. I was especially excited to have found Dez because she uses airbrush foundation, which I find to look less cakey/more natural. She was fun, super easy to work with, and the end result was flawless. If you're lucky enough that she's available on your date, book her asap!!
    Stephanie P. Married on 09/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

What are you waiting for?! Hire her!

There are no words that can describe how great it was working with Desiree! From the first message with her, she made it easy. I knew I wanted to hire her when I saw her studio, it was welcoming and unique just like her. She worked on my family members plus myself for my wedding and each of us looked our best without looking over done. If you are looking to hire Desiree to do your hair or makeup for any special day, then send a message and hire her because is truly the best.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay K. Married on 08/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Don't think twice - Hire Dez!

Dez was absolutely incredible! She did the makeup for me, 4 bridesmaids, my SIL, and my mom at my wedding. She is amazingly gifted, making all of us look like our best selves with makeup that lasted the entire day & night. One of my bridesmaids had too much fun to take her makeup off (oopsies!) and still looked flawless the next morning! She also has the BEST presence/vibe to calm any pre-wedding nerves. She is truly a fantastic person with an incredible artistic gift and we were all so happy with how we looked. She was also very professional and responsive along the way - which is vital for wedding planning. Literally could not have been happier with my decision to hire Dez!
  • Kerri
    Kerri O. Married on 07/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

INCREDIBLE Experience - Still Glowing!

I cannot recommend Dez enough! It's honestly difficult to capture in words how much of a positive impact Desiree had on my wedding day and planning. When we first met for the trial (which she booked with me while I was in the city for a trip at the last minute!), she not only took time to talk through the inspiration for my look (a fun, sparkly Brigitte Bardot vibe), Dez was genuinely excited about it. You can tell she loves her work and loves to put her creativity into each look while making you still feel like yourself, just more playfully elevated! It was easy to keep in touch and plan the day-of schedule with her; she was communicative and chill, very professional yet warm in her correspondence. As soon as I booked with Dez, it felt like that part of the to-do list was totally "in the bag," and I was completely confident all would be well! On the wedding day this past summer, it was a joy to have Dez hanging with me, my mom, and friends. All of my family and friends (including my 8-year-old flower girl) loved her and felt so relaxed in her presence. They all looked so gorgeous with their own unique looks, too! When it came to my bridal look on the day-of, I love the look Dez created; I don't think I've ever looked better! It exceeded my dreams and held up perfectly...despite a misty outdoor ceremony and tears shed during the speeches! I got sooooo many compliments, and I just felt like the best, most confident and beautiful version of myself all day. It was such a gift! For all of these reasons and so many more, I highly recommend using Dez for your bridal hair and makeup needs!
    Katie Married on 11/20/2021

Easy and relaxing

Dez did the most fabulous job on my make up! My make up never felt heavy and lasted the entire night! She helped guide me with different looks and the results were spectacular! I highly recommend Dez!
  • Britney
    Britney W. Married on 10/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Makeup Experience Ever!

Dez is AMAZING! I was recommended to her by a friend who also got married, and after looking at some photos of weddings she had done, I was sold! She is very responsive, helpful, and makes any bride feel at ease. The makeup trial was fun and made me feel even more confident about my special day, and my actual wedding day was even better. All of the ladies in my bridal party had so much fun, and we looked beautiful as ever! Thank you Dez
  • Stephannie
    Stephannie D. Married on 04/30/2021

Dez is the best!

Dez did my makeup (and hair!) for my wedding in 2021. She was very responsive to all my many emails and hosted a wonderful trial session for me which made me feel confident going into my big day knowing exactly what my full look would be! She's super sweet and really listens to what her brides want! I've already recommended her to other brides and hope to hire her again in the future for a special event or any reason I can find to get my makeup done professionally! :)
    Lydia W. Married on 10/06/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Dez is the best of the best!

Dez is the only person I trust with my makeup and I have worked with her exclusively for the past 5 years on my wedding, special events and everything in between. She is wildly talented and her work speaks for itself. On top of that, she is so kind, incredibly funny and an all around lovely person. Spending an hour with her is like catching up with one of your favorite girlfriends. I could not recommend her more highly!
  • Erin
    Erin Married on 10/07/2017

Nice and professional

I was lucky enough to have Desiree do my make up for my wedding in October. She took her time, listened to what I wanted and the results were better than I had wished for. She did my mother and sisters make up as well, and they all looked so beautiful. Our makeup looked fresh even at the end of the night. I wish I could have my make up done everyday by Desiree!
    Looking forward to booking her for the future!
  • Maggie
    Maggie Married on 05/07/2016

My Wedding day

I friend of mine referred me to Desiree Penaloza for my bridal make up. She had shown me photos of her work and I was impressed so I called her. Desiree met with me a few months prior to my summer wedding for a trial to see how I wanted to look for the big day. I provided her pictures of the look I was going for and she nailed it. I had never felt more beautiful! She was able to highlight my natural beauty without making me feel like I had too much on my face. I got home from the trial and my fiancé noticed right away how pretty I looked. It was such a relief during that crazy time that I had found her! YAAAAAY!

Not only did she use quality products, she airbrushed my foundation on which was SO cool. My complexion looked flawless. That first day I left it all on for almost 8 hours just to test the longevity- and it passed the test! I really only needed to touch up my lips!

On the day of my wedding Desiree was a calm oasis in the storm of craziness. She had great music to put myself and my bridesmaids in the mood to celebrate. She was super professional and patient and I had the utmost confidence in her work.

My overall experience with Desiree is 5 stars. I highly recommend you book her for whatever your occasion may be. She is a gem! Thank you Desiree for making this bride feel her best- I’m so thankful you were part of my big day!