Deyla Huss Photography Reviews

23 | Hillsboro, OR

23 Reviews for Deyla Huss Photography

Lacey Beth Lockhart · Married on 09/21/2019

Stunning photographer!

Deyla is such a phenomenal photographer! From the moment we met, I knew there was an instant connection of genuine friendship. She is so gifted with that camera and her ability to capture the most intimate, hilarious, and beautiful moments. We loved our engagement photo shoot and we're absolutely amazed at the gorgeous details she captured throughout our wedding day! She and her team were amazing on our wedding day helping us stay organized and we were even able to go on a secret mission to capture "THE PICTURE"! We are so pleased with how all of our wedding photos turned out and we can't wait to print and frame them for our home! Deyla is an incredible photographer and I cannot wait for her to capture the rest of my life :)

Sent on 11/12/2019
  • Heather

Heather Garrett · Married on 07/21/2019

Amazing Photography!

Deyla is the best! From the moment we had our first meeting (via FaceTime), I knew I wanted her to take photos on our wedding day. She perfectly captured every moment and had us laughing the entire time. She was very responsive throughout the entire process and was very thorough in capturing so many great photos from that day. She made sure we were comfortable and just made the entire process fun. In addition, she's so sweet - she sends you a lovely personalized box with printed photos as well as a memory stick with all of your photos on it. We also opted for an album as well, which we haven't yet completed, but I know that's going to be amazing like everything else. I could not speak more highly of Deyla - she's definitely the best!

Sent on 10/19/2019

James · Married on 07/08/2017

Deyla is so much fun to work with and so easy going, but not afraid to take control to get the group under control and get the shot. Her ability to use natural light and the landscape is truly a work of art. Deyla was very easy to work with during the engagement session, and during the wedding. She was very aware of timing, lighting, and capturing every moment. The final deliverable was such a great surprise! Thank you for such a great experience and such hard work!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Elise · Married on 09/04/2016

Deyla is fabulous! She is great to work with and her photos are wonderful. She is extremely knowledgeable and also was a good person to bounce ideas off of regarding general wedding planning. We used her for both our engagement photos and wedding photos and my husband even enjoyed taking pictures because of how comfortable she made us feel. I'd definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Deyla Huss Photography's reply:

Elise & Louis! SUCH a pleasure getting to be a part of your GORGEOUS day! Seriously you made my job easy! and I had a blast getting to know you both throughout the process :) Thanks so much for your kind words!

Karen · Married on 08/12/2016

Deyla is absolutely amazing! We had a destination Oregon wedding and did not get to meet Deyla in person until our wedding day. We did have Skype meetings to get to know each other and make sure she knew the important details that we wanted to memorialize through the photos. She was so helpful in providing names of vendors in the area and helping create our wedding day schedule. Deyla was great to work with and her photos are so beautiful, truly artistic. She is very professional but helped manage family matters, for example precluding family from being part of the first look between the bride and groom. It was nice to have that private moment for just the two of us. We have such admiration and appreciation for Deyla and her work. We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 11/06/2016

alix · Married on 07/09/2016

EDIT: It's been over 4 months since our wedding and I still stare at our photos. Deyla was AMAZING on the day of our wedding. Not a single moment was missed, family portraits were quick,organized, and we didn't miss a shot (how many people can say that.....). We are in love with our portraits from the day. We can't recommend Deyla enough.

After a few unsuccessful visits with other wedding photographers, we were pointed in the direction of Deyla by our wedding coordinator who knew the style of photography we were after. From the moment we met with Deyla, I knew we were going to book her for our wedding. In addition to her beautiful photos, she has such a contagious personality. Her fun, upbeat attitude make her a joy to be around and even more fun to work with! She makes you feel like you've been friends forever. My fiance and I are not naturals in front of the camera but Deyla puts you at ease and captures totally candid moments. We are so in love with how our engagement photos turned out (and have already printed way too many copies haha) and are so looking forward to our wedding day with Deyla. I would recommend Deyla to any of my friends plannings their weddings! I already look forward to the next big milestones in our life and plan on having Deyla photograph all them :). SHE. IS. AMAZING.

Sent on 01/07/2016

Nicole · Married on 05/14/2016

Deyla is a pleasure to work with! She did our engagement shoot this past summer, and is shooting our wedding this Spring. She had creative ideas on engagement shoot locations, and made my fiance and I feel comfortable during the shoot. The pictures turned out amazingly and she even sent us the most adorable photo ornament at Christmas! I can't wait to see what she does for our wedding day, and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 01/07/2016

Alice · Married on 02/27/2016

Deyla stepped in a saved the day for our wedding! We had to cancel our destination wedding, and ened up rerouting to Portland only 2 weeks before the event. Deyla agreed to be our photographer, and with almost no instruction or prior conversations was able to capture our wedding beautifully. She took beautiful pictures of the bride and groom and all of the wedding party. Most importantly, she captured the spirit of who are as a couple and the feeling of our wedding day. We are very grateful!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Kelli · Married on 08/08/2015

Deyla is by far he most professional, yet flexible and friendly photographer we talked to. She was sweet enough to spread our engagement session in to two when it was freezing cold for the first one. It felt like we were working with one of our close friends, which is now what we consider her. She was able to get very natural smiles from both my husband and I by cracking a few well placed jokes here and there. Our pictures are AMAZING. We will definitely continue to work with Deyla for all sorts of pictures. Thank you Deyla for the beautiful pictures. There is no one else I would have wanted in the mix.

Sent on 12/31/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/27/2015

I remember the moment I was looking through the lists of Portland's wedding photographers when I first came across Deyla's website and her photos. Immediately I felt something clicked, her photos were not only beautiful but they were all photos that I could see myself hanging up in my living room. We are so glad that we made that connection because Deyla was absolutely one of the smartest decisions we made while planning our wedding. She was always there for questions and was just such a happy and amazing person to be around. Before the wedding Deyla did my boudoir photos, she made me feel so comfortable about the whole thing! I loved the pictures and had a blast taking them. On the day of the wedding Deyla was there taking pictures throughout the whole day in the heat and got so many great photos. She was also there for me the moments before the ceremony started giving me encouragement. The photos that she took were all amazing and it was hard trying to pick out a few to hang up at home. She listened to what we wanted and what we didn't want. She was always on time with delivering the photos as well. I would recommend using Deyla for a photographer to anyone, you will be so happy! My family was so thrilled with the pictures that my mom decided to make Deyla our family's "life-time photographer" and will user her for all our family portraits!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Liza · Married on 09/27/2014

We were lucky to have Deyla photograph our engagement session as well as our wedding ceremony and reception, and she made everything so easy.

We would give Deyla 10 out of 5 stars if we could; she's just that good! Along with being professional and amazingly skilled at photography, she's also a complete joy to be around. Her positive outlook and smile bring a lot to the experience. And on top of all that, we LOVE our photos! She captured so many precious moments and we're so grateful to have had her be a part of our wedding.

Sent on 11/26/2014

Audrey · Married on 09/08/2013

Absolutely amazing photos and she was a huge help with other aspects of planning. I would hire her for everything possible!!! She did an an incredible job. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU DEYLA HUSS PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

Sent on 09/11/2013
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 08/24/2013

Deyla was amazing on our big day! She was very professional and fun to spend it with. One thing I love about Deyla is her ability to reply to messages promptly. She was always accessible which is important when choosing a photographer who is documenting a important day. I highly recommend her and her talent.

Sent on 09/12/2013

Meghan · Married on 08/20/2011

Deyla photographed our wedding last summer, and I am still in awe when I look at our pictures. She captured our day beautifully and her pictures reflect what a fun, special day it was for us. Working with Deyla was a breeze, as she always responded promptly and walked us through all the details that went into photographing the wedding. Deyla is also a lot of fun and her personality instantly makes people at ease. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Sent on 07/17/2012

Carisa · Married on 08/08/2009

Deyla was fantastic!!! She went above and beyond what we would have expected from a photographer! The pictures are wonderful and she was amazingly helpful. I would recommed her to everyone I know!!!

Sent on 10/08/2009

Ashley · Married on 06/25/2009

Deyla was an excellent photographer and quickly became a great friend to work with. She was professional and fun all in the same session! She makes you feel comfortable and really has an eye for inspiration. Deyla is very talented at what she does and I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 07/22/2009

Jedidah · Married on 06/21/2009

Deyla does her best to make sure that you & your spouse are comftorable with her. Her eye for what looks best is absolutely amazing. Everyone keeps telling me how brite & vibrant the colors are in all of the pictures. I highly recommend booking her for your next event!!

Sent on 08/19/2009

Kayla · Married on 06/13/2009

Deyla was amazing! From the start, she was never pushy, and worked with me to provide the maximum amount of photography hours for what we could afford. On my wedding day, we had some early-morning complications with the hair stylist, and she completely re-arranged her timeline so that we could still fit in all of the 'must-have' shots and start the wedding on time! She even told me "Today is your day. You are not allowed to worry about schedules and timelines anymore. Leave the worrying up to me." And she did! She was able to get all of our pictures done, and we started the wedding on time! It was SO GREAT to be able to just go with the flow and not have to worry about being on time! It was SUCH a great way to go into the wedding - knowing i had some GREAT pictures taken and stress free!!

Sent on 07/23/2009

Marisa · Married on 08/16/2008

We would recomend Deyla to anyone getting married. On our wedding day it was the hottest day of the year, 105 degrees in Oregon which is unusal and she spent all day taking pictures.

Sent on 01/31/2009
  • Daniel

Daniel · Married on 08/08/2008

Deyla is an amazing photographer! She makes sure she gets the perfect shot and makes them even more beautiful by using different effects. Her attitude was always cheery and bright and she was an absolute joy to work with!

Sent on 10/02/2008

Casey · Married on 06/24/2008

Holy cow! These turned out to be SO much more than I ever expected!! These are EXACTLY what I wanted for my wedding... I don't even know what to say. You are VERY good at what you do!! Thanks again.... and WOW! :)"

Sent on 10/02/2008

Charles · Married on 08/18/2007

Deyla was the best we ever could have asked for! She was very easy to work with, polite and her pictures are MAGIC! We have about 5 photos that stop shows and are practically award winning. Our miracle would not be complete without the ability to look back and have pictures that truly reflect what an amazing day it was. If you are a phenomenal couple living miraculously then make sure it gets captured - and Deyla Huss will make that happen.

Sent on 01/27/2011

Stacey · Married on 01/05/2008

3.5
      3.5

We thorougly enjoyed have Deyla as our photographer, she was so easy to work with, fun and her pictures were exactly what we were looking for. She made it comfortable and fun (groom doesn't like his photo taken) so she did a great job working with him to get him to smile.

Sent on 04/04/2008