Devlin Photography Reviews

57 | Old Lyme, CT

57 Reviews for Devlin Photography

57 Devlin Photography Reviews

Kaitie · Married on 09/08/2018

Chris was so awesome to work with! He was super laidback and easy to work with, punctual and reassuring. He worked well with our other vendors. We did an engagement shoot with him that was incredible, which really made us excited and less anxious about how the wedding day pictures would come out. Every wedding picture we got from Chris was stunning, we couldn’t be happier!

Elizabeth · Married on 03/24/2018

Chris not only produced exceptional photos, capturing each precious moment -and so much more!, but he was also exceptional to work with. From our first meeting, to weeks after, we are so happy we hired Chris Devlin to photograph our wedding.

Diane · Married on 10/22/2017

I was delighted to work with Devlin Photography this past Sunday night at the Shepherd/Way Wedding. Chris was a true professional as he led Kacey and Brandon, along with all the family through the events of the evening. He has already posted many photos to give the bride and groom a tease of whats to come and everyone is so excited. Chris was prompt and on time in the morning for pics of the Bride and Bridal party getting ready for the day. And that continued all day the Church, followed by stopping in at the restaurant where they were engaged and then finally to the reception. I give Chris and his photography business a FIVE plus Stars! Any bride would be thrilled to work with him. I highly recommend Chris and want to say thank you for making their day so effortless.

kacey · Married on 10/21/2017

Chris was absolutely amazing!!!! He will go to the ends of the earth to make your photos absolute perfection. Just TRUST him!!! He knows exactly what he's doing!

Gail · Married on 10/21/2017

We had the most amazing experience with Devlin Photography! Chris was able to work with an unruly crowd and an unusual setting to take gorgeous pictures! Our album is fantastic and worth every penny! We absolutely love Chris and his work!

Brittney · Married on 10/13/2017

Right off the bat we knew Chris Devlin was the photographer for us! He was friendly, professional and after seeing some of his work on our initial meeting very talented. Chris was prompt to respond back to us answering any questions and creative with both his first look ideas and various angels and assortment of poses and candids! We are very happy with our wedding photos and how quickly our slideshow was ready just days after the wedding. We would definitely reccomend him to all newly engaged couples out there! Thank you Chris!

Devlin Photography 4
    Devlin Photography 11
    Devlin Photography 12
    Devlin Photography 13

Mahady · Married on 09/16/2017

Chris is amazing to work with. His was truly interested in understanding the essence of our celebration and captured it beautifully.

Michael · Married on 09/10/2017

Chris Devlin was fantastic to work with. Excellent photographs, quite professional, and quite accommodating to meet with pre-wedding. We highly recommend Devlin Photography to photograph your wedding.

Ashley · Married on 06/11/2017

I have to say, first and far most, Chis Devlin, is absolutely amazing! Not only did his talent immensely surpass my hopes and expectations as our wedding photographer, he is such a great person to work with. He is super creative, very involved, and just has fun with you while capturing the best day of your life. His energy was top notch to the very end; I very much appreciated his excitement with each captured photo of our wedding day. Every photo he took I loved! I would definitely recommend Chris Devlin as their wedding photographer. I plan on asking him to shoot other moments of our life adventures ahead! Thanks Chris!

Rachel · Married on 06/10/2017

Chris and EJ were absolutely amazing on our wedding day!! Despite some timing issues, Chris and EJ kept it (and me) together with a small hiccup in our transportation that delayed photo times and location. Chris was wonderful, professional, and I would highly recommend!

Amanda · Married on 06/03/2017

I would definiately recommend Devlin photography for your wedding. Chris is awesome and is so easy to work with. He was willing to go above and beyond whatever it was myself or my husband asked. He has a great eye for setting a scene and getting the perfect backdrops. Chris provided us with such beautiful pictures to always remember such a special day. Everything was perfect!

Erica · Married on 12/02/2016

He is absolutely incredible. What a professional with everything that he did! He goes above and beyond to make sure everything looks the way it should. We are so excited to get our wedding photos! He included our engagement photos and drove all the way from Old Lyme to Bethany CT without any questions asked. He is truly outstanding and I can not wait to work with him again! Thanks Chris!!!! xoxo

Cynthia · Married on 11/20/2016

Chris Devlin was so easy to work with. Pictures he took were amazing and captured the fun and love that were at our wedding. We would strongly recommend him.
    David and Cindy Yanaros

Ashley · Married on 10/29/2016

Chris Devlin did an incredible job photographing our wedding! During our meetings prior to the wedding, Chris was prompt, professional, and really set our minds at ease about any questions we had. He had beautiful examples of his previous work to show us. Chris took amazing photos of our special day and really captured how magical it was! Chris's use of lighting and the venue itself made for some really unique and beautiful pictures! Chris far surpassed our high expectations! I would recommend him to anyone and everyone a thousand times over! If your looking for an amazing truly one of a kind photographer for your wedding or special event, this is the guy! You found him! Look no further! Thank you so much Chris!!!xoxoxoxo!

Doug · Married on 08/12/2016

Have confidence that he is a real pro...because he is. He listens and hears what the client wants, then nails it. Excellent at capturing the feel of a wedding. Great at candids and creative images. Skilled in natural settings. Fun to work with.

Kayla · Married on 08/06/2016

I am so happy I went with Devlin Photography for my wedding! The photos are absolutely beautiful and I have some many to choose from. He captured all of the big important moments and all of the little details. When you hire Chris, he is there to photograph all day. Many other photographers I met with had an 8-hour package and then you could add on more time. My ceremony was in the early afternoon with the reception later in the evening, so I needed someone for the entire day. It was great to know that no matter how long it took, Chris could capture it all. I would also recommend requesting a second photographer. I am happy that we did. There is so much going on and the day goes by so fast, so it is great to have another person taking photos to remember the day.

Molly · Married on 06/25/2016

It may surprise you what an integral part of your day the will photographer play. He is there for every special moment, intimately involved in the logistics and timing, and his product is about the only thing you'll have to look back at once the whirlwind is over. Chris was like my rock--calm, organized, funny. He was able to match his personality to the spirit of the day and my bridal party's ridiculous sense of humor. He cloned himself, as promised, working his magic to get shots of two simultaneous moments. He had the eye and spontaneous quick thinking to capture precious, unplanned little moments. And he had the demeanor to keep my nerves in check before the ceremony. Oh, and the photos are beautiful!

Sent on 09/26/2016

Devlin Photography's reply:

Wow! Thank you!!! You had a spectacular day!

Nicole · Married on 06/18/2016

My Mom, my husband Sean and I went to are very first bridal expo two years prior to our wedding to see what options were available. Multiple vendors immediately suggested Chris and that he was the best to work with. From the moment we met Chris we instantly felt comfortable with him, and you could tell he took the time to listen to what we were looking for. He definitely made the process easy going and was very prompt when returning phone calls and emails. Throughout the wedding day I had guests coming up to Sean and I saying how amazing and professional Chris was, and that I couldn't have found anyone better. He left me with a lot of amazing photos to cherish for years to come. We would highly recommend Devlin Photography!

We met Chris at the Aquaturf wedding expo and as soon as we walked in the door, multiple vendors pointed us in his direction raving about his work. We are so happy we met him that day! Chris is incredible! We cannot say enough great things about him. His personality is so easy to work with! He put us at ease during our engagement session and at the wedding. He met with us multiple times to make sure our day was perfect. I was a very unorganized bride and he helped make our wedding day perfect by keeping us on track. I get compliments daily on how beautiful our pictures are and how they fit our personality. Any couple would be lucky to have Chris as their photographer.

Cristina · Married on 09/19/2015

Chris was an amazing photographer from our first meeting with him until the actual day of our wedding! He has a fantastic demeanor, is very friendly, funny and laid back and trust me, that personality will help so much on your day because your nerves will be so crazy! On top of his great personality the actual pictures he took were all stunning, he did a great job and took SO many photos which is so nice! I can't say how much I appreciate being able to see all the pictures he took.. it's so fantastic to be able to relive that day through the photos and actually SEE everything (with non "crazy-bride" eyes). Thank you Chris!

Mallorie · Married on 09/12/2015

Chris was amazing. You will not be disappointed with your wedding photos. He is so creative, suggests amazing ideas and incorporates all of your ideas into your special day! Chris is willing to try new ideas too! You can tell how passionate he is about photography and being apart of your special day. We met with Chris a couple of times prior to the wedding to discuss ideas. We exchanged many emails and telephone calls during the planning process. We love the video slideshows that he made for our engagement session and wedding! My family and friends enjoy looking at the photos that he captured! My husband and I highly recommend Chris.

Becky · Married on 09/11/2015

Chris was very professional & personable. He seemed as if he was one of our family members. He knew what was going on & made us feel at ease. We love you Chris! Thank you for everything you did to mame our day so special. -Becky & Chris

I have know Chris from Devlin Photography for several years now and knew I wanted him to be our wedding photographer from the moment I saw his work. My husband and I could not have been happier with the pictures from our wedding day, and our engagement photos! Our families could not stop talking about what a great job he did and how comfortable he made our guests feel. We would recommend him in an instant!

Lynn · Married on 05/23/2015

Doing our due diligence, we interviewed two other photographers before meeting Chris from Devlin, but when we met him, we knew he was perfect for us. He brought samples he thought were appropriate based upon his interpretation of our pre-meeting phone schpeel, and he was spot-on. We LOVED his sample wedding album. We loved his slide shows. We loved that he was super-easy-going, knowing that we might need some additional calm on the big day. He did our engagement shoot, and it allowed us to all get to know each other a little better before the wedding day. We were so pleased with those pictures that we knew we'd love the work he did shooting our wedding. And we did. We do. Folks commented on how terrific he was. He was unobtrusive. He was great with kids. He made the stodgy folks smile and laugh. After seeing some of the pictures, my brother said, "Wow. This guy is fantastic. Somehow he made everyone look good." He did a wonderful job with the formals, and the candids are a joy. We have some of the best pictures of the best memories of the best day. So happy with our choice. :o)