Detroit Marriott Livonia Reviews

9 | Livonia, MI

9 Reviews for Detroit Marriott Livonia

Dave · Married on 08/10/2019

Great Room Block!

We have no regrets picking the Detroit Marriott Livonia for our wedding block. Because we had enough rooms reserved, they were able to offer us a complimentary shuttle for our guests which was a big plus for us. We also reserved the Bridal Getting Ready Room, which was perfect and convenient for all of the girls the morning of the wedding. Nicole was a pleasure to work with. She gave us a great price for the rooms and was always timely answering questions.

Sent on 09/28/2019

Detroit Marriott Livonia's reply:

Thank you kindly for taking the time to put your thoughts and personal perspective into motion. We greatly rely on all our guests comments to help shine a light on how we can improve servicing our guests and provide appreciation and thanks to our associates who go above and beyond. Thank you again for mentioning our team and specifically Nicole. As her boss I am thrilled to hear once again how she was responsive and a pleasure to work with.

Respectively,
    Danielle Bastianelli
    Director of Sales & Marketing

Cesar Sleiman · Married on 06/29/2019

Pleasing experience

This is a bit of a delayed review for our wedding reception we had back on June 29, 2019 at Marriott Detroit Livonia. Our overall experience with Marriott was very pleasing. Event managers were very organized and very responsive to any of our questions or concerns. We had a bit of a concern with one of the dishes we picked during tasting and they really worked with us and the chief until the dish was tweaked to our satisfaction. They were really accommodating to our special requests we had. Service during our reception was very good, staff was very professional; we got a lot of complements from our guests on maple glazed salmon dish. We went through Marriott's vendor for chair covers but to be honest I found it very hard to pick a chair cover sash color from a very small swatches book that Marriott has. I really struggled but finally ended up picking a color but then ended up going to the vendors showroom to see it in real life and I am glad I did because when I saw the whole sash the color was not what I thought it would be from that little swatch. I picked another color while I was there which was beautiful rose gold color. I wish I just went there from the very beginning it would save me so much time and doubts. A complementary room with a little appreciation surprise was a very nice touch. Our wedding was 100 people and the room size was just perfect for us with a very good size dance floor in the middle. We had absolutely no regrets having our wedding at Marriott Detroit Livonia and would recommend this venue to others that are looking for something more affordable but yet with nice setting and service.

Sent on 10/03/2019

Detroit Marriott Livonia's reply:

Hi Cesar! Thank you so much for the review and kind words. The photos look great too.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the day and I hope the rest of your summer has been great!

Shawna.

Adena Chudy Plescow · Married on 05/23/2019

Great place for an reception!!

The Livonia Marriott did an awesome job hosting our wedding reception!! Lisa was great to work with and made planning super easy! The value for what they provide is excellent, so many things were included in the up front price that were not at most other places we looked at, which I was happy to find out and made it very transparent. The ballroom and facilities are all very nicely decorated, we were able to use their hurricane centerpieces that made the tables/room look beautiful (part of the package), they included a huge suite for us for the night, the food was delicious(so many compliments!) drinks were great, and the staff was super nice! Our family and friends had a blast and we could not be happier with how everything turned out!!! This is a GREAT place to hold your reception (or any other event), highly recommended!!!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Joyelle · Married on 08/18/2018

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Marriott and everything was perfect! The staff was awesome and made sure everything went smoothly.

Sent on 09/27/2018

Lillian · Married on 06/23/2018

We just had our wedding on the 23rd of June. We want to give the Marriott 6 out of 5 stars! The team working with us was excellent! They were everything we would look for in a team that would help us execute a large event such as a wedding. They were accommodating, responsive, and flexible. The venue was beautiful and although the food scared us a tiny bit at the tasting ending up being perfect We are so happy that we chose this venue for our reception.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Jennifer · Married on 06/09/2018

We had our wedding here in June 2018 and it was absolutely beautiful. The staff was awesome and made our night completely stress free. The food was very good, we got many compliments.

Sent on 09/20/2018

Randi · Married on 02/03/2018

From beginning to end, Detroit Marriott Livonia was amazing to work with. Everyone was extremely professional and nice. I didn't have to worry about anything!! Every detail was covered. The food was amazing, the service at dinner was amazing, everything was amazing!! I couldn't have asked for a better place to have our wedding!!

Sent on 10/02/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/29/2017

We had our ceremony and reception at the Detroit Marriott Livonia and couldn't have been more happy with it! It was the perfect place for having the ceremony, reception, and out of town guests stay, all in one location. Lisa was amazing as the coordinator, and is extremely helpful and organized. She made our wedding go so smoothly and was there every step of the way to make sure the day was perfect. We definitely would recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/12/2017

We loved the lighting and the view. The staff was amazingly nice.

Sent on 09/26/2016