Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 6
Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 7

Alison R. · Married on 01/05/2019

Best decision I made!

Kim Martir was my day-of coordinator and did a perfect job. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, she created a to-do list for me and made sure I was staying on track. She sent me a packing guide so I remembered everything before leaving for the wedding weekend. On the actual day of the wedding, she handled every detail of the day and anything I needed (deodorant, chap stick, you name it) she had right in hand. She was really such a lifesaver and calming presence that day. The best decision I made was hiring her!

Maysa Washington · Married on 12/23/2018

Choose Shadé!!

I knew when I set out to plan my Big Day, I was going to need some assistance. I was sure I wanted a "Day Of" Coordinator and I'm so glad I chose Details Made Simple. Shadé was assigned to me and in hindsight, the label "Day Of" just doesn't cut it. She was so much more and did so much more! The contact leading up-to was endless, she picked things upfor me on the morning of (one of my bridesmaids' gown); and she was still on time and kept a smile on her face. At the rehearsal dinner, some of the guys had a few drinks before the actual rehearsal and she commanded the room, capturing their attention as need be, without coming off nasty or over doing it. She definitely over-delivered regarding her responsibility to me on my wedding day. My guests even noticed that she was doing her job. So many people kept asking who was the lady in the gray dress, lol!! Her efforts did not go unnoticed. She took care of things before they were supposed to be done, and every time I turned around, she was right there!! Loved her!!

Kylie Bigler · Married on 12/08/2018

Must have for wedding!

Our wedding day was the most magical, beautiful, perfect day, and we both agreed that wouldn’t be possible without April, our wedding coordinator. Her attention to detail and her passion to truly wanting this day to be perfect showed. April was professional, yet she felt like family.

Leading up to the big day, April was always available for a phone call, and very responsive to emails. Any questions I had were answered immediately, and provided some suggestions without being pushy. If anything the suggestions were incredibly helpful and needed for a first time bride.

We love April so much, and this day could not have been what it is without her.

Lyris · Married on 12/01/2018

Thank you so much!

Shade was incredible. Our wedding was perfect and I didn't have to worry about the details because Shade handled it all. Thank you!

• Annette

Annette · Married on 11/30/2018

Made My Day Amazing!

Carla is amazing!!! She made the day go so smooth and dealt with any issues that arose. She was able to make the whole thing look like the vision we talked about and was always available when I needed her. I recommend her for your wedding day as it made it so I could enjoy the day rather than be concerned about the details. Carla worked with the venue flawlessly.

Christen Badenhop · Married on 11/13/2018

Details Made Simple

I worked with Kim from Details Made Simple and she was the most important vendor that I booked. She was cool, calm, collected and super organized. The entire day ran so smoothly because she thinks of every detail. You just feel like you can enjoy the day and know that she's taking care of everything. Not only is she amazing at her job, but she's also just an awesome person. You feel like she's your best friend. I couldn't recommend her more.

• Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience and would highly recommend!

Candice from Details Made Simple went above and beyond in her duties as Wedding Day Coordinator. She was always available for a text or call when I had questions throughout the process (which I had many of), and checked in with me frequently. Candice made my day stress-free. She made everything run smoothly and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

Worth Every Penny

We hired April from Details Made Simple for our wedding, and it was the best planning decision I could have made. The timeline was perfect and we were fully able to enjoy the day thanks to it. She was respectful of our vendors, fast on communication, and an all-around excellent person to work with. Hiring with Details Made Simple is the best wedding planning investment we could have made.

Mike Bruno · Married on 10/20/2018

This groom says, HIRE Details Made Simple

A review from a groom!? You KNOW Details Made Simple (Carla) had to have been the perfect wedding day coordinator! In fact, 'day of' doesn't do it justice. She's been fantastic throughout the whole planning process. I would recommend her to anyone getting married!!

-Mike Bruno

• Kay

Kay · Married on 10/12/2018

Don’t over think the need for a “day of” coordinator!

We decided to incorporate a “day of” coordinator about three months or less out of our wedding. It was something that we discussed off and on but always thought it was a waste of money.
    We were well in the planning process, so I kept wondering why are we paying over $1000 for someone to coordinate the hard work we already put in.
    It all came a reality when our venue’s banquet manager,Bill retired. He was always responsive via phone and emails and one of the reasonswe booked our wedding venue.
    So, after not hearing back from the new banquet manager after multiple attempts, we decided to seek out additional help. We were also struggling with vendor contracts. As time gets closer we didn’t have a bunch of time to follow up with vendors, remember who was owed what and etc.
    We found Details Made Simple via Instagram. I spent a lot of time researching and decided on Details Made Simple due to the reviews. I’m a review person. We were assigned Kim.
    So Kim was cool from the start. She’s very funny and down to earth and will pretty much go with the flow of what’s happening.
    She was helpful because she would help us save money by recommending not to do this or that and even offered to lend a personal item of hers outside of her emergency kit. She was able to reach vendors we couldn’t reach and that was a major plus.
    We saw Kim’s value the day of our wedding. Every time we needed something she was responsive. We had two suit rooms and a big bridal party.
    She called my family that was late to the wedding, she helped put on the boutonnieres because we all were clueless. She made sure everything went as planned. She also was able to manage our maitre d (who seemed to be in constant conflict with our officiant).
    Again, if you’re on the fence regarding servides, don’t over think it.
    Unless you have a friend that plans to not enjoy your wedding because she’s trying to be your planner and guest, hire Details Made Simple.

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

Brooke was amazing, from start to finish! She checked in with us throughout the planning process to make sure I was on top of booking vendors and other wedding necessities, helped us with our walk through, helped us guide some difficulties we had with the caterer, was amazing at keeping everyone focused at the rehearsal, and was worth her weight in gold on the wedding day! She was friendly, considerate, and professional. Basically everything you are looking for in a wedding coordinator, Brooke had it in spades! Would highly recommend :)

Christina Rutter · Married on 10/06/2018

DMS Review

I can’t say enough good things about Zaakira and Details Made Simple. I was referred to DMS by my best friend- she contracted them her wedding and it was seamless!

When contacting DMS they were extremely responsive and organized. ( I have to tell you, this was the best money we’ve spent on the wedding. My hesitant fiancé now raves about them!)

Zaakira met me close to my apartment, was prepared, detail oriented and quick. Trust me brides, all the meetings are fun but there are a lot, you’ll appreciate that they fit into your schedule, close to home and are productive. Zaakira immediately asked what I wanted, what I was worried about and took action. For me it was transforming the room with trapping and my image coming to life.

Our venue was less organized than we would have hoped and without her our wedding wouldn’t have been as amazing as it was. She was extremely through a caught a few thing we needed to update prior to our wedding, I had last minute changes that she took care of with all the vendors. I didn’t have to do a thing. She met with vendors, confirmed arrival times and even did a walk through on her own.

The day of she was incredible. She kept the day flowing, stopping by with updates and keeping the bridal parties on time. She made sure guest were on time, the church ceremony flowed, buses were on time, etc.

Our day was stress free and exactly how we imagined. The tiny details were executed by Zaakira flawlessly.

We couldn’t be happier with DMS and Zaakira. We’re so grateful for her amazing work!

Lorraine · Married on 10/06/2018

True professional, made our day-of plan come together

April came on later in our wedding planning as we felt the need to bring in a coordinator and she was able to quickly step in, understand our needs and help us develop a plan for our wedding day. Where she really shined was on the day of coordination and making sure everyone was where they needed to be and that all of our needs were met.

April is very knowledgeable and passionate about what she does and we were very happy in the work that she did while assisting us. She quickly gained our trust and really helped make our wedding day special.

Jenna · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Zaakira. I chose the Peace of Mind package and prepaid for $200 off (love that!). I started working with her a few months out, and from the get-go she was indispensable to us. She was incredible organized and always very prompt in responding to my emails (which sometimes I sent rather a lot of). She is extremely thoughtful in her suggestions - having never planned a wedding before, I often had no idea what I was doing and she always comes in with options, ideas, and a clear explanation of how things will impact the overall event. What I love about her is she has this very calm, relaxed, but highly effective way of getting things done. Even in the face of stress, if the couple is disagreeing with each other or the venue or what have you, she is EXCELLENT at diplomatically navigating and getting everyone to agreement.

I absolutely loved her approach to organization - she gets a timeline going, keeps you up to date on your progress relative to her checklist, and follows up if you have forgotten to get back to her. There were absolutely no gaps in our wedding planning and it's all thanks to her.

The same goes for her approach to execution on the day of - she was a calm but ultra prepared force keeping all the zillion things on track. Not only did she perfectly execute everything that we planned and take all the stress off our plate by handling day-of decor, drop-offs, interactions with vendors, etc but she had some really creative saves in unexpected situations. Once or twice something out of our control popped up, and she came up with awesome, elegant solutions that I loved as much as the original plan.

At the end of the night, she wrapped everything up so seamlessly I felt like I was walking out totally unencumbered. No leftover items at the venue, no open vendor payments, no missing gratuities... I walked out and I was done planning a wedding forever!

Zaakira is AMAZING!!!!!!

Diane · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Details Made Simple! We had the pleasure of working with Carla Friday and our experience was truly amazing. We had received her contact as a recommendation from another bride that had used DMS for her wedding and had to check her out. From our first time meeting, she went above and beyond and I felt so comfortable knowing that we were in good hands. We booked the V.I.B Package and I can assure you, it was the best decision we ever made! Carla made our entire wedding flawless and we couldn’t have done it without her! She was there every step of the way for months before the wedding and was always readily available. She helped us with all of our random questions, troubleshooting logistics and timeline, vendor management, assembling our invitations – the list goes on! And it was all done professionally and with a smile. Her presence and help at our rehearsal and wedding day gave my family and husband peace of mind so we were able to enjoy and soak in every moment. I highly recommend Details Made Simple for your wedding!!

• Michele

Michele · Married on 09/29/2018

Absolutely amazing!

I don’t know what I would have done without April! She was a lifesaver and made the day so much smoother. Her tips and advice through the process were so helpful and made planning much more fun and seamless. I am so happy we made the decision to hire her, because of April, we enjoyed every moment of our big day!

Antoinette · Married on 09/28/2018

Candice, was truly amazing from start to finish! From the beginning she provided helpful suggestions with vendors, scheduled frequent phone conferences and in person meetings. She is professional, organized, patient and responsive. She has a warm spirit snd great personality and we truly felt like she was a part of the family!

• melissa

melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

Carla was the first- and BEST vendor that we booked, by far. It's hard to put in words all the amazing things that Carla did for us, both 3+ months out, and the day-of our wedding. There were hundreds of little details all along the way which she managed seamlessly, professionally, and without ever breaking a sweat, and always with a smile. If you are on the fence about booking Carla and her team as your day-of planner(s)- do it now- trust me, it will be the best decision you make as part of your wedding planning process.

Carla was super organized, super friendly, responsive, and constantly reassuring. From troubleshooting logistics, managing our vendors, setting up our after party, including managing home grown flowers by a friend of mine, Carla was always calm, cool, collected, and, always went above and beyond to get things done. She truly gives 150% all the time and there is no problem she can't solve. After resolving any number of logistics for us, for example transportation coordination, she would always ask "is there anything else I can do for you?". She gave me so many great pointers, tips, and ideas throughout the year- this was invaluable to me, especially because I am the first in my family to get married, and have never been in a wedding. We communicated all year long via e-mail, face-time, and in person- and after each time, I felt excited, relieved, and knew that everything would be taken care of. Best of all I truly felt like I gained a friend :) On the day of our wedding, all of her hard work and organization truly shined. Our ceremony was in a church in my hometown, reception about 40 minutes away. Carla and LaToyah handled every detail along the way and they were always 10 steps ahead with great ideas at each turn. Overall, Carla was the glue that held our wedding day together. I felt so at ease knowing I could trust her, literally, with everything. Our day was an absolute dream come true and I completely attribute that to Carla and her team.

Kristin · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I worked with primarily Shadé for planning and then Shadé and Geri for our day of coordination. Leading up to the wedding, Shadé was amazing. She drove very far to do a site tour with us. She thought of every detail that day and then on phone calls after and leading up to the wedding. She was on top of our vendors and made sure that everything ran smoothly!

On the day of the wedding, Shadé and Geri were absolute magic. They even spent 20 minutes getting me out of my wedding dress and into my reception dress! There were myriad other jobs they did but that one makes me laugh and I can’t thank them enough.

They are a dream team and you want them on your side for your wedding!

Christina · Married on 09/01/2018

Qunnah was amazing!

I had the pleasure of working with Qunnah for my Labor Day weekend wedding. She did everything from dealing with vendors to steaming BM dresses, chasing down family for portraits, and the TIMELINE!!! Would highly recommend her! ASK FOR QUNNAH!

Alexis · Married on 08/31/2018

Carla Friday is AMAZING. She made the entire wedding run flawlessly. For months beforehand, my mom and I would constantly ask her the most random questions and she would always reply immediately. She made the planning process so much easier and relieved a ton of stress. On the day of the wedding, she made me feel calm knowing that everything was taken care of. She got along so well with everyone (ALL of my bridesmaids loved her) and she kept me and my husband in the loop throughout the whole event, without being overbearing or taking us away from the party. I can't say enough about Carla and Details Made Simple - I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Tanya · Married on 08/18/2018

I'm the type of person who doesn't like planning anything so I knew I wanted a planner. I started my search on wedding wire & the knot and after researching a few companies I came across details made simple. Their pricing was great and I liked what they offered. I was paired with Candice Moore. Let me just say that from the very beginning she was AWESOME!! Candice kept me on track with what needed to be done and when. She offered suggestions that I would have never thought of. Her professionalism was top notch but she also made me feel like we were friends! I felt so confident that the vision for my wedding would be just as I imagined with her. The day of the wedding just when I thought she couldn't get any better she exceeded my expectations once again. Candice was on top of everything! Making sure we, and by we I mean the vendors and wedding party, stayed on our timeline, fixing problems before I even knew about them and all the while making sure I was ok. She made sure I ate in the morning before everything began, it was super hot that day so she made sure I stayed hydrated, she even made sure the wedding party was ok. Once my wedding party met her they loved her!! I cant say enough great things about her and i'm so happy she was a part of my special day. I would definitely reccomend Candice and Details Made Simple for anyone who needs help with their wedding!!

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2018

Kim from Details Made Simple went above and beyond in every way. At first we were hesitant to get a day of coordinator and tried very hard to make our wedding more affordable in any way we could. I can say without a doubt that Kim was completely invaluable. She was organized, decisive, honest, proactive, kind, fun, and prepared. Our wedding and the entire day would have been lesser without her. We’re proud to have worked with her and will be recommending her to all our friends and family who are planning their weddings.

Nina · Married on 08/08/2018

It was so great to work with Carla from Details Made Simple. I have no idea what I would have done without her on the day of my wedding. She truly helped in making sure everything went well for my wedding and took off the worry of me having to worry about "the little things" on the day of the wedding. I could not have asked for a better wedding day coordinator. Carla was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, had a great attitude and made sure things went off without a hitch. If you are looking for a Wedding Day Coordinator for your wedding, Details Made Simple is the best place that you should use. Thanks Carla for everything!