Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

236 | Westfield, NJ

236 Reviews for Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

236 Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2018

Brooke was amazing, from start to finish! She checked in with us throughout the planning process to make sure I was on top of booking vendors and other wedding necessities, helped us with our walk through, helped us guide some difficulties we had with the caterer, was amazing at keeping everyone focused at the rehearsal, and was worth her weight in gold on the wedding day! She was friendly, considerate, and professional. Basically everything you are looking for in a wedding coordinator, Brooke had it in spades! Would highly recommend :)

Jenna · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough positive things about Zaakira. I chose the Peace of Mind package and prepaid for $200 off (love that!). I started working with her a few months out, and from the get-go she was indispensable to us. She was incredible organized and always very prompt in responding to my emails (which sometimes I sent rather a lot of). She is extremely thoughtful in her suggestions - having never planned a wedding before, I often had no idea what I was doing and she always comes in with options, ideas, and a clear explanation of how things will impact the overall event. What I love about her is she has this very calm, relaxed, but highly effective way of getting things done. Even in the face of stress, if the couple is disagreeing with each other or the venue or what have you, she is EXCELLENT at diplomatically navigating and getting everyone to agreement.

I absolutely loved her approach to organization - she gets a timeline going, keeps you up to date on your progress relative to her checklist, and follows up if you have forgotten to get back to her. There were absolutely no gaps in our wedding planning and it's all thanks to her.

The same goes for her approach to execution on the day of - she was a calm but ultra prepared force keeping all the zillion things on track. Not only did she perfectly execute everything that we planned and take all the stress off our plate by handling day-of decor, drop-offs, interactions with vendors, etc but she had some really creative saves in unexpected situations. Once or twice something out of our control popped up, and she came up with awesome, elegant solutions that I loved as much as the original plan.

At the end of the night, she wrapped everything up so seamlessly I felt like I was walking out totally unencumbered. No leftover items at the venue, no open vendor payments, no missing gratuities... I walked out and I was done planning a wedding forever!

Zaakira is AMAZING!!!!!!

Diane · Married on 09/29/2018

I cannot say enough great things about Details Made Simple! We had the pleasure of working with Carla Friday and our experience was truly amazing. We had received her contact as a recommendation from another bride that had used DMS for her wedding and had to check her out. From our first time meeting, she went above and beyond and I felt so comfortable knowing that we were in good hands. We booked the V.I.B Package and I can assure you, it was the best decision we ever made! Carla made our entire wedding flawless and we couldn’t have done it without her! She was there every step of the way for months before the wedding and was always readily available. She helped us with all of our random questions, troubleshooting logistics and timeline, vendor management, assembling our invitations – the list goes on! And it was all done professionally and with a smile. Her presence and help at our rehearsal and wedding day gave my family and husband peace of mind so we were able to enjoy and soak in every moment. I highly recommend Details Made Simple for your wedding!!

Antoinette · Married on 09/28/2018

Candice, was truly amazing from start to finish! From the beginning she provided helpful suggestions with vendors, scheduled frequent phone conferences and in person meetings. She is professional, organized, patient and responsive. She has a warm spirit snd great personality and we truly felt like she was a part of the family!

• melissa

melissa · Married on 09/15/2018

Carla was the first- and BEST vendor that we booked, by far. It's hard to put in words all the amazing things that Carla did for us, both 3+ months out, and the day-of our wedding. There were hundreds of little details all along the way which she managed seamlessly, professionally, and without ever breaking a sweat, and always with a smile. If you are on the fence about booking Carla and her team as your day-of planner(s)- do it now- trust me, it will be the best decision you make as part of your wedding planning process.

Carla was super organized, super friendly, responsive, and constantly reassuring. From troubleshooting logistics, managing our vendors, setting up our after party, including managing home grown flowers by a friend of mine, Carla was always calm, cool, collected, and, always went above and beyond to get things done. She truly gives 150% all the time and there is no problem she can't solve. After resolving any number of logistics for us, for example transportation coordination, she would always ask "is there anything else I can do for you?". She gave me so many great pointers, tips, and ideas throughout the year- this was invaluable to me, especially because I am the first in my family to get married, and have never been in a wedding. We communicated all year long via e-mail, face-time, and in person- and after each time, I felt excited, relieved, and knew that everything would be taken care of. Best of all I truly felt like I gained a friend :) On the day of our wedding, all of her hard work and organization truly shined. Our ceremony was in a church in my hometown, reception about 40 minutes away. Carla and LaToyah handled every detail along the way and they were always 10 steps ahead with great ideas at each turn. Overall, Carla was the glue that held our wedding day together. I felt so at ease knowing I could trust her, literally, with everything. Our day was an absolute dream come true and I completely attribute that to Carla and her team.

Kristin · Married on 09/15/2018

My husband and I worked with primarily Shadé for planning and then Shadé and Geri for our day of coordination. Leading up to the wedding, Shadé was amazing. She drove very far to do a site tour with us. She thought of every detail that day and then on phone calls after and leading up to the wedding. She was on top of our vendors and made sure that everything ran smoothly!

On the day of the wedding, Shadé and Geri were absolute magic. They even spent 20 minutes getting me out of my wedding dress and into my reception dress! There were myriad other jobs they did but that one makes me laugh and I can’t thank them enough.

They are a dream team and you want them on your side for your wedding!

Alexis · Married on 08/31/2018

Carla Friday is AMAZING. She made the entire wedding run flawlessly. For months beforehand, my mom and I would constantly ask her the most random questions and she would always reply immediately. She made the planning process so much easier and relieved a ton of stress. On the day of the wedding, she made me feel calm knowing that everything was taken care of. She got along so well with everyone (ALL of my bridesmaids loved her) and she kept me and my husband in the loop throughout the whole event, without being overbearing or taking us away from the party. I can't say enough about Carla and Details Made Simple - I would highly recommend them to anyone planning an event.

Tanya · Married on 08/18/2018

I'm the type of person who doesn't like planning anything so I knew I wanted a planner. I started my search on wedding wire & the knot and after researching a few companies I came across details made simple. Their pricing was great and I liked what they offered. I was paired with Candice Moore. Let me just say that from the very beginning she was AWESOME!! Candice kept me on track with what needed to be done and when. She offered suggestions that I would have never thought of. Her professionalism was top notch but she also made me feel like we were friends! I felt so confident that the vision for my wedding would be just as I imagined with her. The day of the wedding just when I thought she couldn't get any better she exceeded my expectations once again. Candice was on top of everything! Making sure we, and by we I mean the vendors and wedding party, stayed on our timeline, fixing problems before I even knew about them and all the while making sure I was ok. She made sure I ate in the morning before everything began, it was super hot that day so she made sure I stayed hydrated, she even made sure the wedding party was ok. Once my wedding party met her they loved her!! I cant say enough great things about her and i'm so happy she was a part of my special day. I would definitely reccomend Candice and Details Made Simple for anyone who needs help with their wedding!!

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2018

Kim from Details Made Simple went above and beyond in every way. At first we were hesitant to get a day of coordinator and tried very hard to make our wedding more affordable in any way we could. I can say without a doubt that Kim was completely invaluable. She was organized, decisive, honest, proactive, kind, fun, and prepared. Our wedding and the entire day would have been lesser without her. We’re proud to have worked with her and will be recommending her to all our friends and family who are planning their weddings.

Nina · Married on 08/08/2018

It was so great to work with Carla from Details Made Simple. I have no idea what I would have done without her on the day of my wedding. She truly helped in making sure everything went well for my wedding and took off the worry of me having to worry about "the little things" on the day of the wedding. I could not have asked for a better wedding day coordinator. Carla was such a pleasure to work with! She was professional, had a great attitude and made sure things went off without a hitch. If you are looking for a Wedding Day Coordinator for your wedding, Details Made Simple is the best place that you should use. Thanks Carla for everything!

Robert · Married on 08/04/2018

"Don't Call it a Dream, Call it a Plan"
    My fiancee is very much the dreamer(Graphic Designer) and had lots of aspirations and ideas about how our wedding day would work out. I, being the computer analyst, just saw everything that could go wrong. Without having any idea how to pull off the wedding of her dreams I started searching for Coordinators. After seeing the prices, I had just about given up until I found Details Made Simple. These ladies offered several reasonably priced planning packages that helped guide engaged couples through some of the madness. Once my fiancee talked to Candice, she was convinced this is just what we needed. We opted for an enhanced version of the Peace of Mind package that offered full Day of Coordinating services plus some planning coordination leading up to the wedding day. Through out the process Candice was awesome and kept us on track AND on budget. Our wedding day turned out amazing and I'm not sure how we would have done it on our own. Thanks to Candice and rest of Details Made Simple!

Danielle · Married on 08/03/2018

DMS was easily the best decision we made for our wedding! We used a raw space venue that required a LOT of setup and Carla and Qunnah were AMAZING. From setting up the venue perfectly to keeping the timeline moving to wrangling a huge bridal party, they were truly wonderful. With DMS you'll be in GREAT hands!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/21/2018

On behalf of my new husband and I , I first have to start off by saying, Carla Friday we love you! She has guided us through this insane journey of wedding planning and was always available when ever we needed her! Weeks leading up to the wedding Carla would check in on my (then) fiance and I to make sure we were ok and if we needed any assistance. She was professional, attentive, knowledgeable, personable, fun, flexible, available and shared my obsession over dogs! Carla and her amazing college Shade even looked after my Chihuahua during the wedding festivities too, now that is excellent service! Not only did I end my wedding with wonderful memories, I also gained a friend! Details Made Simple ladies, if I could give you 10 stars, I would! You ladies made my wedding day a dream come true!

mar · Married on 07/14/2018

My husband and I have both been in wedding parties before so we knew how chaotic it gets, and we both decided we didn't want to have to worry about a thing on our wedding day. We got the peace-of-mind package with Qunnah as our day-of coordinator. The coordination started out a few months before and she helped us figure out our day-of timeline - she was so thorough and proactive. On the day of the wedding, she received the flowers at the hotel and distributed the bouquets and boutonnieres to family, ensured our shuttles arrived on time and directed family to them while we were getting pictures taken, carried my duffel bag full of my stuff, and handed out all the tips to the vendors.. But the best thing was that she was the point person for all the vendors the whole day-if we needed to tell a vendor something, we didn't have to hunt them down, we just needed to tell her and she relayed the message. For example, we were on our way to the church ceremony when we found out someone unexpected was attending our reception-we just texted Qunnah which table needed an additional seat and she handled it completely. Saved us so much stress and our wedding day was the best day ever. We still can't believe how perfect it all went. We can't thank Qunnah enough for making our night go so perfectly!!

NATHAN · Married on 07/07/2018

Where do we begin? When we hired Carla to be our day-of coordinator we had no idea how huge a help she'd really be. Carla went above and beyond for our wedding day. So much so that our surprise hotel suite was carefully decorated by her amidst all the small details that needed attention. Carla was hands on from the minute she arrived to the very last moment of our special day. It seemed as if she was everywhere at once! There was a point during the wedding where someone asked Carla to do something and we needed something done too; Carla simply let out a bright smile to both of us and replied, "I got you." That statement alone helps sum up all Carla did for us. She had us from before the date, and made sure that everyone (including our bridal party and special guests) were specially taken care of on the day. If you're looking for a day-of coordinator that will keep you organized, stress-free and sane, Carla is the one for you. Words alone cannot express the amount of gratitude we have for Carla. Her helping hand truly made our wedding a day to remember forever.

Melika · Married on 07/03/2018

Carla Friday and her Details Made Simple team are simply the best. I went with Details Made Simple's Peace of Mind package, and even though the package stated that coordination would start 1-3 months out from the wedding, Carla and her team were helping me 10 months before my wedding. Carla and her team sent check-in emails monthly to see how I was doing and how I could be of assistance. It was such a blessing to know that I wasn't planning my wedding alone! For the actual wedding day, Carla was PHENOMENAL. She came to the hotel the day before to conduct a quick wedding rehearsal. My family and bridal party could be a lot, but Carla remained so calm and professional and got everyone through the rehearsal in under 45 minutes. For the day of the wedding, Carla was on top of everything. All of my vendors (photographer, videographer, minister, hairstylist, etc) knew exactly where to be and what time to be there. I didn't have to lift a finger or think of any of those details on my wedding day. Carla stayed with me from 7am to 6pm and ensured that everything ran seamlessly. I truly cannot thank Carla and her Details Made Simple team enough. If you are questioning whether or not you need a coordinator, stop questioning it and hire a coordinator. But more importantly, higher Details Made Simple. There are many coordinators out there, but there aren't many who know how to remain calm and composed and POSITIVE on what is the most important day of your life. I'm so grateful for Carla and her team.

Justine · Married on 06/29/2018

Upon meeting Shadé for the first time, I already had my venue (& caterer), florist, band, officiant picked out. One would think that there isn't much else to do after. However, my mom and I still chose the VIP package for ease of mind and that's just what our wedding coordinator Shadé provided for me. During our update phone conversations, she was able to remind me that we were ahead of schedule, but she also kept me on task with what else needed to be done. If I was stressed out before the phone call, I was definitely smiling from excitement after. Shadé was even more fantastic during the day of our wedding, zipping in and out of different rooms to ensure that everything was going swimmingly. I didn't even need to remind her what else needed to be done!
    Thank you Shadé for everything! My husband and parents thank you for all the help you provided to us!

Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 1
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 2
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 3
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 4

Stephanie · Married on 06/23/2018

Without a doubt hiring Carla to be my wedding day-of coordinator is probably one of the best decisions I have ever made in my entire life [my husband even agrees and you know guys sometimes!]. She was beyond accommodating and was extremely flexible with anything you would ever need leading up until to the event.

But what I enjoyed the most about her, besides her ability to answer any of my texts/emails within minutes [and this is important to someone who does event planning as part of her career], is her sweet and caring personality. As soon as I spoke to her over the phone and met her in person I knew we would click and it held true throughout! She made sure I had everything I needed, and then some, throughout the day and was quick to provide anything else I would never have thought of [like a bib so your dress won't get dirty- I was ready to just dig in :)].

She was also EXTREMELY organized and checked any last minute details with all of our other vendors so we would be on time and I could simply be carefree. To be honest there could've been hiccups throughout the day and I honestly would have no idea [still don't] if any of it was happening just because she was in and out to make sure it went as smoothly as possible.

You will have absolutely NO regrets hiring Carla and her team even if you're a planner like me and typically don't sweat over things. Trust me when I say that they will take it to another step so you literally can just dance your butt off and not even have a care in the world and for that I'll always be grateful to her for allowing me this chance to REALLY and TRULY enjoy my wedding day <3.

*Side Note: Carla is really creative! She makes a lot of stuff that can be used as gifts to the bridal party or for your wedding. I'm attaching a picture of the hanger she made me :)

Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 5

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2018

Carla is the most accommodating, sweet and most caring wedding planner any stressed out bride can ask for. I was excited about working with Details Made Simple after all the wonderful feedback I collected from friends that have used them in the past. This was not the first time meeting Carla so right away we hit it off. She made the wedding journey so smooth, provided great gifts for my bridesmaids, principal sponsors and secondary sponsors and went above and beyond to make sure we felt comfortable and at ease leading up to our wedding and our wedding day. My husband and I wanted our dog Zoey to walk down the aisle and the Church was a little hesitant to have Zoey stay for the whole ceremony for safety reasons so Carla offered to drive her home after the ceremony which she did! Thankfully, we lived five minutes away from the Church. I have never heard of a wedding planner going to such lengths to keep couples happy and comfortable. We had and have complete trust in Carla and that speaks to her professionalism and general aptitude in dealing with folks on their most stressful and exciting day. Thank you so much Details Made Simple and Carla for making our wedding day TRULY the BEST DAY EVER!

Jenny · Married on 06/02/2018

I had the pleasure to work with Kim. She went above and beyond her duties to make sure everything for the ceremony and reception is how I envisioned it to be. Having Kim as my wedding coordinator on my day is the best decision I've have ever made!

Amanda · Married on 06/02/2018

Michele was just incredible! we coudnt have had our wedding, she answered all our questions, made us feel at ease! answered emails immediately and she was just amazing on the day off! the maid of honor's dress broke and she just Michele just immediately took care of it by personally sewing it! I would highly highly recommend Michele to everyone! She took care of the rain situation. When we were a bit stressed, she just didnt let us think about it and handled everything!

• janet

janet · Married on 06/02/2018

Shade was the best decision I made in my entire wedding planning process! I don't know what I would have done without her. I am a total perfectionist and spent a year and a half planning out my dream day. I needed someone who would be able to execute my vision to the T. Shade made sure to go over all the vendors I had hired and reach out to them and we did a walk through of the venue where I showed her my vision for the day. She created a timeline with all of my vendors to make sure everyone would be where they were supposed to be when they were supposed to come the wedding day.

On the wedding day, Shade made sure I didn't have to worry about a single thing. Any issues that came up, she took care of. She made sure the entire wedding went smoothly and that my vision was executed. My wedding day would not have been so perfect had it not been for Shade. She is kind and professional and leaves you completely confident that she will execute your vision. She does not disappoint. If you want your wedding day to be perfect and not have to stress about a thing, I highly recommend Shade!

Jocelyn · Married on 05/27/2018

Zaakira was such an amazing help to us as a "month-of" coordinatoor. As soon as we signed the contract, she helped us find the vendors we were unable to find on our own. In the last month, she was a life-saver -- not only did she answer all of our questions, she made sure we were on top of all the details we hadn't even considered. She was flexible in our meeting times, and was always friendly and on top of things. And of course, on the wedding day, she was everywhere -- she made sure we had food when we were getting ready, she bought tylenol for my grandmother, and she even took my mom's shoes outside to scuff them! Because of her, the whole day went so smoothly. Everything was in its place and ready, without us ever having to think about it. We would recommend her 100%.

Jenna · Married on 05/27/2018

Brooke was fantastic!! She was there to whole day and even days after the wedding to make sure things were dealt with properly! I was a hands on bride and only used her for the day of coordination, and it was worth it! Whats the point of spending a ton of time on your wedding if you don't have someone the day of to follow through on all of your ideas? If you aren't sure whether to invest, trust me, just do it so you can enjoy your day! And ask for Brooke, she's great at her job :)