Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 7
  • Janelle

Janelle Williams · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Simply wonderful!

Shade Coleman of Details Made Simple helped to make our wedding run smoothly from start to finish. Whenever we reached out to her she was quick to respond and ensured that the small touches of our wedding were executed well. My husband and I were very pleased with her service and will surely be recommending her and the company to others. I didn't think I would need a day of coordinator but I surely did!! Thank you Shade!

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 8
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 9
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 10
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 08/10/2019

Kim is amazing!

Kim is an amazing day of coordinator. She is organized, professional, friendly, and has a positive attitude. She was extremely helpful right from the first contact. I was able to stay calm throughout the entire planning process because Kim gave gave me peace of mind and I felt confident that everything would run smoothly. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we enjoyed every minute. We are unbelievably grateful for all of Kim's help and everything she did to make sure the day ran seamlessly.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Decision We Made

I can’t tell you how many times my husband and I said that hiring Carla from Details Made Simple was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. Carla completely saved our wedding from the disaster it was heading to be. I had never considered hiring a day-of coordinator, since our venue provided someone. However, once we started having some communication issues with the venue, we began looking for outside help. We were blown away by the number of 5 star reviews for DMS and knew we needed to talk to them. They were also much more affordable than we expected, and they were easily the most vital vendor for our wedding. Let me tell you, these 5 star reviews are well earned.

Once we hired Carla, our vendors that had already worked with her were excited and couldn’t speak highly enough of her and DMS. Our vendors that had not worked with her before reached out to us to comment how great and on top of things she was, and how they are looking forward to working with her again. Carla handled all of our vendor coordination leading up to the wedding. You don’t really realize how much work and stress this saves you in those final days leading up to and especially the morning of the wedding.

Carla helped us in the months leading up to our wedding with everything we needed. The trickiest, though, was navigating the difficult personalities and inexperienced staff at our venue to ensure that our day still went off exactly as planned. Carla was so easy to talk to and work through our frustrations with, yet she remained completely calm and professional at all times.

I don’t even want to imagine how different our wedding day would have been without Carla. She brought along their new coordinator Amy, who was also amazing. All day, our families and bridal party just kept telling us how lucky we were to have them. Our venue continuously dropped the ball, and the DMS ladies were running around covering up the venue’s mistakes. They even pushed back to ensure that our ceremony was still outside and finished before the expected rain. My husband and I weren’t even aware of everything that went on day-of until afterwards. We were able to enjoy our day and spend time with friends and family without fully understanding all of the things that could have gone wrong, had these ladies not been there for us.

If you are on the fence because your venue provides day-of coordination, just remember that they work for the venue, not you. The ladies at DMS will work for you and make sure your day is exactly as you want it to be. If you have any hesitation about your venue or any of your vendors, or you’re just starting to feel overwhelmed, reach out to Carla. The second we started working with her we were able to get excited about the wedding again. Just think, this will probably be the best decision you make throughout your wedding planning process :)

Sent on 08/06/2019

G · Married on 07/01/2019

Peace of Mind

We are so glad we hired Miquel and Details Made Simple's Peace of Mind package for our wedding!

When we first met with Miquel a few months ahead of the wedding, we communicated that we were most concerned about logistics with guests traveling to and from the venue, timeline creation and managing the vendor's arrival and setup. We anticipated there would be some issues that arose on the day and were confident that Miquel would be able to address them and keep everything on track.

Miquel worked with us to create a detailed and realistic timeline for our wedding day, discussing it with us through many iterations until everyone was comfortable. I didn't realize how challenging it would be actually pull someone in in the weeks prior to the wedding and explain exactly how all of the pieces fit together. I consider myself well-organized, but going through it all step-by-step with Miquel definitely helped make everything more clear for all of our vendors.

The banquet manager at our venue proved to be quite difficult to communicate with throughout the planning process. In the days before the wedding, Miquel helped us call and email the venue persistently to get the answers we needed.

Once it came to the day of our wedding, we were confident Miquel (and Amy, who joined us for the day) would be able to handle any issues that arose with ease. Miquel and Amy did quickly and efficiently solve several issues, particularly with the bus company, but they absolutely minimized the impact on our guests.

Having Miquel in control made it so much easier for me and my husband to relax and enjoy everything we had worked so hard for throughout the year of planning!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Maureen · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent experience

Kim was fantastic to work with before and during the wedding day. She was always responsive and helped me keep track of all the details. Having her there the day of the wedding was invaluable and let me enjoy the day. Thanks Kim!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Aiman Aslam · Married on 06/08/2019

Shade and Qunnah - How Details Made Simple is worth your attention!

I had a Pakistani/South Indian wedding and originally had chosen Shade for my day-of coordination as she had been hired for my sister's wedding and we thought we couldn't have done the day without her in hindsight! Hence, I knew it was worth every penny to hire Shade again for my own wedding. She took the time to learn about our customs/traditions as we had a multicultural wedding, and those questions actually exposed flaws/gaps in our own knowledge about the events! However, for personal reasons we had to get a new day-of coordinator (Qunnah) 1 month before the wedding and I have to say that despite the sadness of losing Shade, Qunnah was an absolute pleasure to work with. She caught up with our previous conversations and was very professional, patient (we were running behind schedule and she was able to get us back on track), and flexible throughout our event (which was both a morning wedding and night reception). I want to thank the Details Made Simple team because I would recommend you guys again! Thanks for helping my wedding run in a smooth and organized way!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 11

Jessa Degroote · Married on 06/06/2019

Must have coordinator!!

Carla was absolutely amazing! We cannot imagine our wedding day without Carla there ensuring everything went perfectly -- and it did! There are so many moving parts and Carla was on top of every single one, whether it was at the hotel, on the shuttles, or at the venue Carla was there to make our day perfect and we are incredibly thankful to her!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Carly

Carly Gibson · Married on 06/01/2019

Best decision I made

My experience with Details Made Simple was nothing short of AMAZING! I felt completely overwhelmed during the initial planning process and a coworker of mine recommended them so I decided to call - and it was the best decision I could have made. They scheduled walk-throughs, created timelines and reviewed all of my day of expectations which were my biggest concerns. As for the actual day of execution - nailed it. They did a million other things like helping me with hotel bags but I would be here for a long time if I listed everything they helped with! Everything went as planned and they reassured me every step of the way before and on the big day. I really don't know how I could have done it without them!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/01/2019

Want a stress free big day? Hire them!

So as pretty much every bride will tell you, no big day goes off without some sort of hitch. Mine was no different- however April from Details Made Simple not only made sure that my hitches were handled but also made sure that we had plans for everything and then Plan Bs- just in case.

April- I cant even articulate how grateful I am for your professionalism, kindness and support. I felt like everything would be taken care of and was able to enjoy the morning getting ready with my girls while you made sure that the tents were done, my mom was (sort of!) on schedule, and our heard was managed timely and efficiently.

Thank you to Details Made Simple! We couldn’t have said “I do” without you and April!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia Archie · Married on 05/30/2019

Carla Friday - Details Made Simple (Day of Coordinator)

Carla from Details Made Simple is amazing! My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding b/c Carla had it all handled. Carla assembled all of our invitations and personal items for our video/photographers. She created a wonderful timeline for all the vendors and our bridal party which helped us all stay organized. We'll never forget the special moment with her; It started to rain while the bridal party was outside and Carla came out with these clear umbrellas for us (as seen in pic). Simply stated, she stays Ready! Carla was super responsive to all my text messages and emails. We even purchased our- vow books, hangers, and favore through her shoppe. Even our guests raved about her! We just love and appreciated her! Really there's no mishaps or missteps going with her.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 16
  • Jessica

Jessica Heinrichs · Married on 05/23/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Where do we begin?! First and foremost, anyone planning their wedding knows how nerve wracking making it all come together can feel. I was committed to planning, but really wanted to be able to pass it over for the big day. Carla was THE BEST investment we made! We did the Peace of Mind package and she exceeded my expectations. She is super responsive, but not in an overbearing way. She also was very flexible with coordinating everything we needed and did a fantastic job at matching our vibe we wanted and ensuring she knew what mattered most to us, while also giving her professional opinion!! Trust me - it’s so helpful having someone that knows and can suggest ideas that will actually bring your vision to life. We were married at The Foundry in LIC, NY and had planned on doing most things out doors...naturally, 24 hours before we had to change plans because of potential rain! Carla immediately jumped into action and kept us super calm. She also stood up for what we wanted and wasn’t afraid to speak up on behalf of us with other vendors. I have to be honest - I legit was so incredibly happy with the way it turned out and her ability to make the change still my vision! In fact, I wish I would have initially planned to do it the way we ended up having to do it. She ensured it still felt like what we wanted instead of harping on how it wasn’t the original plan! I die for that!

She is so down to earth and truly there for you as a couple. It was more than seen and appreciated by not just us, but also by our entire bridal party and family. They all adored her! I couldn’t have imagined our wedding without her.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Tulsi

Tulsi · Married on 05/18/2019

Loved my experience!! Highly recommend!

I booked Details Made Simple for day-of coordination services for my outdoor Indian/fusion wedding in May down in Maryland. I was originally working with the MD-based coordinator who was great from the beginning. She answered all of my questions during the consultation and immediately made me feel at ease about the big day - this was the reason I chose DMS. A few months in, my originaly coordinator was unable to provide day-of coordination services for my wedding but had a great team to support here - in came Carla and Nika.

Carla stepped in and again immediately made me feel like I was in great hands. She answered all of my questions via phone call, email, text, in-person, etc. no matter how big or small. She offered up thoughts and guidance when I was stuck on how to tackle a wedding issue and also ensured me that everything will be taken care of (which they were). Carla also took the time to research more about Indian weddings and knew when to ask questions so she was fully prepared for the big day. She also took the time to understand some traditions my husband's family had to ensure everything ran smoothly. Our whole day ran right on schedule and I had such a blast enjoying every minute of it because I knew DMS had everything under control. I can't thank them enough for their help in making our big day so special and perfect!!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Dana Malajian · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent Day Of Coordinator with Miquel

Miquel from details made simple was an amazing day of coordinator. My husband and I seriously could not have made it through the wedding without her! From the very beginning she was helpful and reassuring - she met with us several times before the big day and was very responsive over email. When it became closer to the wedding day she offered to rearrange decorations to help us save money, coordinated timing with our vendors and venue, and provided last minute essentials that we forgot on the day of (like a basket for envelopes). Hiring a day of coordinator was honestly the #1 most important purchase leading up to the wedding and I highly suggest Miquel!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Emily Hartman · Married on 05/11/2019

Stress-Free Wedding Day Thanks to Zaakira and Details Made Simple!

We loved working with Zaakira, our coordinator from Details Made Simple. She was extremely organized, thoughtful and provide guidance and expertise throughout the process. As someone who used to run an events-marketing team, I was concerned about finding someone who would be able to keep everything moving on time while also making sure all the little details were captured as planned. Zaakira did both with grace and professionalism. Everyone she encountered at the wedding had nothing but high praises for her! She made sure our day went off without any issues. I would highly recommend her and Details Made Simple!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Krystal

Krystal Hubert · Married on 03/09/2019

Candice is amazing!!!

One of the best things we did in wedding planning was to get day of coordination with details made simple. Candice was PHENOMENAL!!!!!! If you’re in the Philadelphia area ask for her by name. I was a type A bride who had a hard time delegating. I trusted Candice with my vision and she executed things flawlessly. She gave me peace of mind so that I could be fully present and enjoy the day. Because of her professionalism and calm demeanor I was not stressed at all day of. I even left my veil at the hotel right before the wedding no biggie Candice handled it. She truly is the best. Please whatever you do get wedding planning with details made simple. Their name speaks for themselves!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Alison R. · Married on 01/05/2019

Best decision I made!

Kim Martir was my day-of coordinator and did a perfect job. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, she created a to-do list for me and made sure I was staying on track. She sent me a packing guide so I remembered everything before leaving for the wedding weekend. On the actual day of the wedding, she handled every detail of the day and anything I needed (deodorant, chap stick, you name it) she had right in hand. She was really such a lifesaver and calming presence that day. The best decision I made was hiring her!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 01/05/2019

Easy and Fun!

We cannot say enough about our experience working with Candice Moore at Details Made Simple. We hired Candice for day-of coordination of our 200+ person wedding. She not only managed the process seamlessly, but she made everything so easy and fun! We thoroughly enjoyed her calm demeanor. If there were hiccups the day of the wedding, we didn't know anything about them. Candice handled everything with grace allowing us to focus on the important moments of our day. We highly recommend engaging her expertise if you want to have a stress-free wedding day and make a new friend along the way!

Sent on 05/22/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 17

Maysa Washington · Married on 12/23/2018

Choose Shadé!!

I knew when I set out to plan my Big Day, I was going to need some assistance. I was sure I wanted a "Day Of" Coordinator and I'm so glad I chose Details Made Simple. Shadé was assigned to me and in hindsight, the label "Day Of" just doesn't cut it. She was so much more and did so much more! The contact leading up-to was endless, she picked things upfor me on the morning of (one of my bridesmaids' gown); and she was still on time and kept a smile on her face. At the rehearsal dinner, some of the guys had a few drinks before the actual rehearsal and she commanded the room, capturing their attention as need be, without coming off nasty or over doing it. She definitely over-delivered regarding her responsibility to me on my wedding day. My guests even noticed that she was doing her job. So many people kept asking who was the lady in the gray dress, lol!! Her efforts did not go unnoticed. She took care of things before they were supposed to be done, and every time I turned around, she was right there!! Loved her!!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Kylie Bigler · Married on 12/08/2018

Must have for wedding!

Our wedding day was the most magical, beautiful, perfect day, and we both agreed that wouldn’t be possible without April, our wedding coordinator. Her attention to detail and her passion to truly wanting this day to be perfect showed. April was professional, yet she felt like family.

Leading up to the big day, April was always available for a phone call, and very responsive to emails. Any questions I had were answered immediately, and provided some suggestions without being pushy. If anything the suggestions were incredibly helpful and needed for a first time bride.

We love April so much, and this day could not have been what it is without her.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Lyris · Married on 12/01/2018

Thank you so much!

Shade was incredible. Our wedding was perfect and I didn't have to worry about the details because Shade handled it all. Thank you!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Annette

Annette · Married on 11/30/2018

Made My Day Amazing!

Carla is amazing!!! She made the day go so smooth and dealt with any issues that arose. She was able to make the whole thing look like the vision we talked about and was always available when I needed her. I recommend her for your wedding day as it made it so I could enjoy the day rather than be concerned about the details. Carla worked with the venue flawlessly.

Sent on 12/03/2018

Christen Badenhop · Married on 11/13/2018

Details Made Simple

I worked with Kim from Details Made Simple and she was the most important vendor that I booked. She was cool, calm, collected and super organized. The entire day ran so smoothly because she thinks of every detail. You just feel like you can enjoy the day and know that she's taking care of everything. Not only is she amazing at her job, but she's also just an awesome person. You feel like she's your best friend. I couldn't recommend her more.

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Charlotte

Charlotte · Married on 10/20/2018

Great experience and would highly recommend!

Candice from Details Made Simple went above and beyond in her duties as Wedding Day Coordinator. She was always available for a text or call when I had questions throughout the process (which I had many of), and checked in with me frequently. Candice made my day stress-free. She made everything run smoothly and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 10/20/2018

Worth Every Penny

We hired April from Details Made Simple for our wedding, and it was the best planning decision I could have made. The timeline was perfect and we were fully able to enjoy the day thanks to it. She was respectful of our vendors, fast on communication, and an all-around excellent person to work with. Hiring with Details Made Simple is the best wedding planning investment we could have made.

Sent on 10/22/2018