Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 6
Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 7
  • Cara

Cara Pirozzi · Getting married on 12/10/2019

Hire amy! Amazing is an understatement!

I had the pleasure of working with Amy at DMS and I can not express how AMAZING she was. Not only was she the most reliable and kind person BUT an absolute pleasure to be around and work with. She had ideas and suggestions that were unique. She made sure everything went smoothly and most important, made sure my vision came to life. I felt at ease and calm knowing she was there to oversea. Look no further and HIRE AMY! You will thank me later! I will truly miss working with her, I feel like we have become friends! AMY, THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Janelle

Janelle Williams · Getting married on 12/04/2019

Simply wonderful!

Shade Coleman of Details Made Simple helped to make our wedding run smoothly from start to finish. Whenever we reached out to her she was quick to respond and ensured that the small touches of our wedding were executed well. My husband and I were very pleased with her service and will surely be recommending her and the company to others. I didn't think I would need a day of coordinator but I surely did!! Thank you Shade!

Sent on 04/17/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 8
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 9
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 10

Jen · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing, attentive, efficient, and talented

April was amazing! She helped us prior to the wedding and on the day of the wedding. We would have been lost without her and we are so glad she was part of our big day!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Alyssa · Married on 09/28/2019

Carla Friday, Miracle Worker!

I CANNOT RECOMMEND CARLA AND DETAILS MADE SIMPLE ENOUGH! Working with Carla was the absolute best decision throughout the entire wedding planning process. She is simply amazing. If you are on the fence about a day of coordinator, get one, specifically, email Details Made Simple ASAP! I am incredibly organized and a control freak (Virgo here) and was initially on the fence about a day of coordinator. My husband convinced me to get one so that I could relax on our wedding day. Before finding Details Made Simple, I spoke to a couple of day of coordinators who were way too pushy for my tastes. I needed someone who would listen, understand my vision, be a true partner, and chime in with advice where needed without dictating what I should do. I finally found Carla, and booking with her was the best decision ever. Carla and I met many times before the wedding, she had great input and advice (was never pushy!), a fabulous timeline tool to use, kept everything on point and flowing the day of and I simply would not have had the wedding that I had without her. She truly went above and beyond, and no task was too small for her (including glueing my broken shoe and running coffees to the groomsmen), while also making sure the day ran smoothly, everyone was where they needed to be at the right time, and keeping me calm the day of, the greatest feat of all! Carla is an epic wedding coordinator, a true partner, became a friend, and I can’t recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Jackie Dunn · Married on 09/21/2019

Best value for your money

If you are in the early stages of planning and debating the value of a coordinator, please do yourself a favor and book Details Made Simple. Candice was our day of coordinator and she was excellent! Candice was incredibly organized, had pragmatic advice on how to overcome venue logistical challenges, and was very calm on the day of our wedding. It was easy to get a hold of her by text and email, and she made me feel comfortable and confident heading into our big day. I would highly recommend this company to others! Thanks Candice!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Kayla Briggs · Married on 09/21/2019

Simply Perfect!!

We loved having Kim at Detials Made Simple part of our day!! She was a huge help in proving assurance and suggestions throughout the planning process! During the day of she perfectly executed all our little detials and made sure I was comfortable at all times! Thank you Kim!!

Sent on 09/28/2019

Katie Twohig · Married on 09/01/2019

Details made simple- Carla is a rockstar

Working with Carla was absolutely amazing. She was always available for even the smallest questions. Carla began working with us months before our actual day, touring our reception space, coordinating with every vendor, and even printing out signs. She truly went above and beyond. Without her help, there is no way I would have been able to get it all done. All I had to do the day of was show up and have fun- Carla took care of everything else. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Nadine

Nadine Pena · Married on 09/01/2019

Details Made Simple gets a million stars

I hired Details Made Simple to help with my day of wedding needs and worked with Candice. She was so helpful and thoughtful along the way, I could not have done it without her! Candice was my right hand and was always a phone call or text away when I needed her, even for silly questions like what size to order something. Don't have a wedding without a coordinator!! I promise Details Made Simple is worth every dime!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Leah

Leah · Married on 08/10/2019

Kim is amazing!

Kim is an amazing day of coordinator. She is organized, professional, friendly, and has a positive attitude. She was extremely helpful right from the first contact. I was able to stay calm throughout the entire planning process because Kim gave gave me peace of mind and I felt confident that everything would run smoothly. Our wedding was absolutely perfect and we enjoyed every minute. We are unbelievably grateful for all of Kim's help and everything she did to make sure the day ran seamlessly.

Sent on 09/07/2019

Ashley · Married on 08/09/2019

besides saying I DO, Carla was the best decision I made for my wedding!

IF I could give every bride in NJ a piece of advice, it's hire Carla Friday. Carla was a true extension of myself and my husband... worked tirelessly on our behalf and made our day absolutely effortless. From the moment I spoke to Carla on the phone, I knew I had to hire her. She has a calm yet get-shit-done demeanor. Her responsiveness was immediate throughout our entire contract. She kept every single thing organized and was amazing at outlining my day of timing! She executed the set up with all my vendors perfectly. Carla kept my groomsmen in line. Carla kept my family taken care of... both myself and my husband can't stop raving about her a month later and wish we could have her be a part of every event for the rest of our lives! I am a type a organized control freak, and I would let Carla handle every part of my life from here on out!

Beyond her perfect event coordination, Carla is a creative genius! I had Carla custom make signage for every part of my event and received COUNTLESS compliments on our bar signage, which she knocked out of the park. Carla's The Simple Shoppe, is a brides dream, and we also ordered all of our custom candles and hangers from her as well and i can't tell you how much our guests loved them! (she creates custom scents + labels)

I could not have done this day without her + give her 100 stars.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Sarah · Married on 07/20/2019

Best Decision We Made

I can’t tell you how many times my husband and I said that hiring Carla from Details Made Simple was the best decision we made throughout our wedding planning process. Carla completely saved our wedding from the disaster it was heading to be. I had never considered hiring a day-of coordinator, since our venue provided someone. However, once we started having some communication issues with the venue, we began looking for outside help. We were blown away by the number of 5 star reviews for DMS and knew we needed to talk to them. They were also much more affordable than we expected, and they were easily the most vital vendor for our wedding. Let me tell you, these 5 star reviews are well earned.

Once we hired Carla, our vendors that had already worked with her were excited and couldn’t speak highly enough of her and DMS. Our vendors that had not worked with her before reached out to us to comment how great and on top of things she was, and how they are looking forward to working with her again. Carla handled all of our vendor coordination leading up to the wedding. You don’t really realize how much work and stress this saves you in those final days leading up to and especially the morning of the wedding.

Carla helped us in the months leading up to our wedding with everything we needed. The trickiest, though, was navigating the difficult personalities and inexperienced staff at our venue to ensure that our day still went off exactly as planned. Carla was so easy to talk to and work through our frustrations with, yet she remained completely calm and professional at all times.

I don’t even want to imagine how different our wedding day would have been without Carla. She brought along their new coordinator Amy, who was also amazing. All day, our families and bridal party just kept telling us how lucky we were to have them. Our venue continuously dropped the ball, and the DMS ladies were running around covering up the venue’s mistakes. They even pushed back to ensure that our ceremony was still outside and finished before the expected rain. My husband and I weren’t even aware of everything that went on day-of until afterwards. We were able to enjoy our day and spend time with friends and family without fully understanding all of the things that could have gone wrong, had these ladies not been there for us.

If you are on the fence because your venue provides day-of coordination, just remember that they work for the venue, not you. The ladies at DMS will work for you and make sure your day is exactly as you want it to be. If you have any hesitation about your venue or any of your vendors, or you’re just starting to feel overwhelmed, reach out to Carla. The second we started working with her we were able to get excited about the wedding again. Just think, this will probably be the best decision you make throughout your wedding planning process :)

Sent on 08/06/2019

G · Married on 07/01/2019

Peace of Mind

We are so glad we hired Miquel and Details Made Simple's Peace of Mind package for our wedding!

When we first met with Miquel a few months ahead of the wedding, we communicated that we were most concerned about logistics with guests traveling to and from the venue, timeline creation and managing the vendor's arrival and setup. We anticipated there would be some issues that arose on the day and were confident that Miquel would be able to address them and keep everything on track.

Miquel worked with us to create a detailed and realistic timeline for our wedding day, discussing it with us through many iterations until everyone was comfortable. I didn't realize how challenging it would be actually pull someone in in the weeks prior to the wedding and explain exactly how all of the pieces fit together. I consider myself well-organized, but going through it all step-by-step with Miquel definitely helped make everything more clear for all of our vendors.

The banquet manager at our venue proved to be quite difficult to communicate with throughout the planning process. In the days before the wedding, Miquel helped us call and email the venue persistently to get the answers we needed.

Once it came to the day of our wedding, we were confident Miquel (and Amy, who joined us for the day) would be able to handle any issues that arose with ease. Miquel and Amy did quickly and efficiently solve several issues, particularly with the bus company, but they absolutely minimized the impact on our guests.

Having Miquel in control made it so much easier for me and my husband to relax and enjoy everything we had worked so hard for throughout the year of planning!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Maureen · Married on 06/08/2019

Excellent experience

Kim was fantastic to work with before and during the wedding day. She was always responsive and helped me keep track of all the details. Having her there the day of the wedding was invaluable and let me enjoy the day. Thanks Kim!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Aiman Aslam · Married on 06/08/2019

Shade and Qunnah - How Details Made Simple is worth your attention!

I had a Pakistani/South Indian wedding and originally had chosen Shade for my day-of coordination as she had been hired for my sister's wedding and we thought we couldn't have done the day without her in hindsight! Hence, I knew it was worth every penny to hire Shade again for my own wedding. She took the time to learn about our customs/traditions as we had a multicultural wedding, and those questions actually exposed flaws/gaps in our own knowledge about the events! However, for personal reasons we had to get a new day-of coordinator (Qunnah) 1 month before the wedding and I have to say that despite the sadness of losing Shade, Qunnah was an absolute pleasure to work with. She caught up with our previous conversations and was very professional, patient (we were running behind schedule and she was able to get us back on track), and flexible throughout our event (which was both a morning wedding and night reception). I want to thank the Details Made Simple team because I would recommend you guys again! Thanks for helping my wedding run in a smooth and organized way!

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 11

Jessa Degroote · Married on 06/06/2019

Must have coordinator!!

Carla was absolutely amazing! We cannot imagine our wedding day without Carla there ensuring everything went perfectly -- and it did! There are so many moving parts and Carla was on top of every single one, whether it was at the hotel, on the shuttles, or at the venue Carla was there to make our day perfect and we are incredibly thankful to her!

Sent on 06/07/2019
  • Carly

Carly Gibson · Married on 06/01/2019

Best decision I made

My experience with Details Made Simple was nothing short of AMAZING! I felt completely overwhelmed during the initial planning process and a coworker of mine recommended them so I decided to call - and it was the best decision I could have made. They scheduled walk-throughs, created timelines and reviewed all of my day of expectations which were my biggest concerns. As for the actual day of execution - nailed it. They did a million other things like helping me with hotel bags but I would be here for a long time if I listed everything they helped with! Everything went as planned and they reassured me every step of the way before and on the big day. I really don't know how I could have done it without them!

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 06/01/2019

Want a stress free big day? Hire them!

So as pretty much every bride will tell you, no big day goes off without some sort of hitch. Mine was no different- however April from Details Made Simple not only made sure that my hitches were handled but also made sure that we had plans for everything and then Plan Bs- just in case.

April- I cant even articulate how grateful I am for your professionalism, kindness and support. I felt like everything would be taken care of and was able to enjoy the morning getting ready with my girls while you made sure that the tents were done, my mom was (sort of!) on schedule, and our heard was managed timely and efficiently.

Thank you to Details Made Simple! We couldn’t have said “I do” without you and April!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia Archie · Married on 05/30/2019

Carla Friday - Details Made Simple (Day of Coordinator)

Carla from Details Made Simple is amazing! My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding b/c Carla had it all handled. Carla assembled all of our invitations and personal items for our video/photographers. She created a wonderful timeline for all the vendors and our bridal party which helped us all stay organized. We'll never forget the special moment with her; It started to rain while the bridal party was outside and Carla came out with these clear umbrellas for us (as seen in pic). Simply stated, she stays Ready! Carla was super responsive to all my text messages and emails. We even purchased our- vow books, hangers, and favore through her shoppe. Even our guests raved about her! We just love and appreciated her! Really there's no mishaps or missteps going with her.

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator 16
  • Jessica

Jessica Heinrichs · Married on 05/23/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Where do we begin?! First and foremost, anyone planning their wedding knows how nerve wracking making it all come together can feel. I was committed to planning, but really wanted to be able to pass it over for the big day. Carla was THE BEST investment we made! We did the Peace of Mind package and she exceeded my expectations. She is super responsive, but not in an overbearing way. She also was very flexible with coordinating everything we needed and did a fantastic job at matching our vibe we wanted and ensuring she knew what mattered most to us, while also giving her professional opinion!! Trust me - it’s so helpful having someone that knows and can suggest ideas that will actually bring your vision to life. We were married at The Foundry in LIC, NY and had planned on doing most things out doors...naturally, 24 hours before we had to change plans because of potential rain! Carla immediately jumped into action and kept us super calm. She also stood up for what we wanted and wasn’t afraid to speak up on behalf of us with other vendors. I have to be honest - I legit was so incredibly happy with the way it turned out and her ability to make the change still my vision! In fact, I wish I would have initially planned to do it the way we ended up having to do it. She ensured it still felt like what we wanted instead of harping on how it wasn’t the original plan! I die for that!

She is so down to earth and truly there for you as a couple. It was more than seen and appreciated by not just us, but also by our entire bridal party and family. They all adored her! I couldn’t have imagined our wedding without her.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Tulsi

Tulsi · Married on 05/18/2019

Loved my experience!! Highly recommend!

I booked Details Made Simple for day-of coordination services for my outdoor Indian/fusion wedding in May down in Maryland. I was originally working with the MD-based coordinator who was great from the beginning. She answered all of my questions during the consultation and immediately made me feel at ease about the big day - this was the reason I chose DMS. A few months in, my originaly coordinator was unable to provide day-of coordination services for my wedding but had a great team to support here - in came Carla and Nika.

Carla stepped in and again immediately made me feel like I was in great hands. She answered all of my questions via phone call, email, text, in-person, etc. no matter how big or small. She offered up thoughts and guidance when I was stuck on how to tackle a wedding issue and also ensured me that everything will be taken care of (which they were). Carla also took the time to research more about Indian weddings and knew when to ask questions so she was fully prepared for the big day. She also took the time to understand some traditions my husband's family had to ensure everything ran smoothly. Our whole day ran right on schedule and I had such a blast enjoying every minute of it because I knew DMS had everything under control. I can't thank them enough for their help in making our big day so special and perfect!!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Dana Malajian · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent Day Of Coordinator with Miquel

Miquel from details made simple was an amazing day of coordinator. My husband and I seriously could not have made it through the wedding without her! From the very beginning she was helpful and reassuring - she met with us several times before the big day and was very responsive over email. When it became closer to the wedding day she offered to rearrange decorations to help us save money, coordinated timing with our vendors and venue, and provided last minute essentials that we forgot on the day of (like a basket for envelopes). Hiring a day of coordinator was honestly the #1 most important purchase leading up to the wedding and I highly suggest Miquel!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah Brothe · Married on 05/18/2019

Zaakira anticipated every need and was incredibly organized!

We had the thought that we would plan our wedding ourselves, but when it came time to think about the actual plan of the day, we wanted to make sure that our family and friends could just enjoy the day without worrying about logistics. A day-of coordinator was the best decision we could ever make. We had one idea of what a day-of coordinator would be like, someone who could make sure the tips got to the vendors and that the program ran smoothly. Zaakira was everything and more! Zaakira was present for up to 3 months in advance and helped with things like picking up our dessert between the ceremony and reception, navigated all the conversations to help get our black car service to the exact street in DC (a complicated affair), and set up our elaborate dessert, table number, and centerpiece homemade displays. Plus, she was there to make sure we got our deposit back from our venue while our family and friends could go and enjoy the after-party. An added bonus that won't happen for everyone, but was absolutely amazing for us is that Lauren, an additional coordinator at Details Made Simple was training at our wedding. She was absolutely amazing. Having two coordinators was a huge advantage. These two women have such amazing natural talent. Not to mention how personable and calming they both were. It felt like having two tried and true friends by my side the whole time!

Sent on 09/20/2019

Emily Hartman · Married on 05/11/2019

Stress-Free Wedding Day Thanks to Zaakira and Details Made Simple!

We loved working with Zaakira, our coordinator from Details Made Simple. She was extremely organized, thoughtful and provide guidance and expertise throughout the process. As someone who used to run an events-marketing team, I was concerned about finding someone who would be able to keep everything moving on time while also making sure all the little details were captured as planned. Zaakira did both with grace and professionalism. Everyone she encountered at the wedding had nothing but high praises for her! She made sure our day went off without any issues. I would highly recommend her and Details Made Simple!

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Krystal

Krystal Hubert · Married on 03/09/2019

Candice is amazing!!!

One of the best things we did in wedding planning was to get day of coordination with details made simple. Candice was PHENOMENAL!!!!!! If you’re in the Philadelphia area ask for her by name. I was a type A bride who had a hard time delegating. I trusted Candice with my vision and she executed things flawlessly. She gave me peace of mind so that I could be fully present and enjoy the day. Because of her professionalism and calm demeanor I was not stressed at all day of. I even left my veil at the hotel right before the wedding no biggie Candice handled it. She truly is the best. Please whatever you do get wedding planning with details made simple. Their name speaks for themselves!

Sent on 03/21/2019

Alison R. · Married on 01/05/2019

Best decision I made!

Kim Martir was my day-of coordinator and did a perfect job. In the weeks leading up to my wedding, she created a to-do list for me and made sure I was staying on track. She sent me a packing guide so I remembered everything before leaving for the wedding weekend. On the actual day of the wedding, she handled every detail of the day and anything I needed (deodorant, chap stick, you name it) she had right in hand. She was really such a lifesaver and calming presence that day. The best decision I made was hiring her!

Sent on 01/18/2019