Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Veronica
    Veronica G. Married on 07/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Organized, detailed oriented, personal, and professional

We hired Melissa Cardone from Details Made Simple to assist with planning our wedding on July 2nd and it was the best investment we did. She was professional and responsive throughout the planning process, kept us and reminded us of our timeline and for the day of our wedding truly went above and beyond to ensure all details perfect. Melissa ensure the bridal party was on time for pictures, ceremony and reception introductions. She was friendly and easy to speak to. In addition, she gave us vendor recommendations for florist and rehearsal outing which saved us some money. My husband and I not only recommend Melissa from Details Made Simple but encourage all couples to hire a planner for at least the day of event to assist with the timeline.
    Andrew Married on 07/02/2022

Amazing experience

We were connected with a wonderful coordinator, Ebony. She made sure that all of our needs were met from the beginning of our wedding journey. She's extremely thorough and always brought energy and joy into every conversation we had. We can't in words the amount of gratitude we have for Ebony because without her, we feel like our wedding would not had been same amazing experience it was. Thank you!
  • Rachel
    Rachel H. Married on 06/11/2022

Great Wedding Coordinator!

Hiring Shadé as our wedding coordinator was one of our best wedding vendor decisions we made- our day was seamless in large part due to Shadé! Our venue was atypical and not often used for weddings. Additionally, we were planning the wedding remotely from out of state. Shadé visited the venue directly, provided recommendations on how to plan the day, and answered our many questions in a timely manner. Day-of, Shadé was with us every step of the way, seamlessly interacting and coordinating with our vendors and guests, and allowing my husband and I to just focus on enjoying the day. Highly recommend!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Sue G. Married on 05/22/2022

Tamara was terrific!

What a great experience with Tamara! She handled so many details that it allowed both the bride and groom as well as the mother of the bride to truly enjoy the wedding. I highly recommend her. Tamara is a true professional who handled all the vendors and venue details easily. A real lifesaver for a ‘day of’ coordinator. She put in so much time and was always responsive and on top of everything.
  • Grace
    Grace B. Married on 05/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

A must-have if you are planning your own wedding

When I first looked into day-of coordination, I knew I might need more than the usual assistance because of the fact that I live in a different state from where my wedding was being held. So when I found Details Made Simple and the VIB package, it seemed perfect for my needs. I booked with Carla before the pandemic and then ended up having to reschedule my date 3 times(!) due to the pandemic. She was instrumental in that process, contacting all of my vendors to find a new date for the wedding. She sent me check-in emails monthly, which turned out to be necessary reminders for me to stick with wedding planning. (The uncertainty of the pandemic, while working in healthcare, made it hard to truly focus on wedding planning). Her input was so helpful in thinking about things that I would've otherwise not thought about, and in making sure my wedding day timeline was realistic and complete. Being that I live out of town, she was able to help with things like receiving things I needed for wedding day, and assembling my wedding favors. On the day of, she was so professional and organized that my mother was very impressed, and several guests and wedding party members commented on how kind and welcoming she was. She was worth her weight in gold and I would not hesitate to recommend her / Details Made Simple for wedding coordination needs.
    Sa Married on 05/21/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding decision!

Our wedding coordinator, Jackie Diaz, was a dream to work with. She communicated with us and our vendors a month before our wedding and kept everything under perfect control during our event, with timetables, procession, decorations, cleanup, tipping, and anything else we needed ! Hiring her and Details made Simple was the best decision we made for a stress-free, happy day!
    Casey G. Married on 05/12/2022

April is a Must Hire!

I cannot say enough good things about Details Made Simple and April. After my sister hired April for her wedding in 2018, I knew I needed her there for my wedding in 2022. She makes sure every detail is perfectly executed and that the day runs as smooth as possible. During the planning process she was not only helpful, but efficient and put our minds at ease the entire time. We had to postpone due to Covid and she even made that process less stressful. Even if you are the most organized bride, you won't regret hiring her. I am so grateful to the entire Details Made Simple team. April truly helped make our wedding day perfect. Thank you April!!
    Rebecca E. Married on 05/07/2022

Best decision we made!

Shay with Details Made Simple truly made our wedding planning process simple. She was incredibly organized, focused, and flexible in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and then she executed the plan flawlessly on the day. We can't say enough good things about her! Highly highly recommend to anyone. The value and service cannot be beat!
    Margot W. Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Kim-possible! Super hero of the day!

Kim was absolutely wonderful leading up to our big day and especially on the big day! She was very helpful with coordinating with all of our vendors to make sure we had minimal stress going into the day. She also helped with small things we hadn’t thought about. On the day of she was right on point helping with anything and everything. I had a bit of a dress crisis and vendor crisis at the same time and I was so impressed by her professionalism and calm nature. We really couldn’t have pulled off our big day without Kim. Thank you so much Kim!!
    Gabrielle V. Married on 05/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Could not have done it without them!

Hiring Carla was one of the first decisions we made in the wedding planning process and I am SO happy we did. Carla contacted me once a month to offer her assistance and was an invaluable resource for referrals and expert advice. Once she took over the planning three months before the big day, she was on top of everything and so organized it allowed me to finally take a breath and just enjoy the rest of the process.

On the day of our wedding, we worked with Carla and Ebony. Both were incredible--they made sure everything ran smoothly, made sure to coordinate with all our vendors, and were never far away should I or my husband need any help. Carla and her team of coordinators are true professionals and I could not have imagined putting off the most perfect wedding without them!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 05/06/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing experience with Jackie!!

I highly recommend hiring Jackie for your wedding day!! You will be so thankful you did!!! I spoke to Jackie on the phone over a year before my wedding and immediately knew she was going to be a huge asset to my wedding! I am an extremely organized person and didn't mind planning my wedding but appreciated the help as the day got closer and of course the day of! Jackie was there for me every step of the way in more ways that I could've imagined.. As we talked, she remembered certain details about my wedding that were important to me and made sure they were executed on the day. We met in person a couple of times before the wedding to go over every detail, every minute and answered every question I had. She was also a huge emotional support for me as I navigated the wedding stress! She made a detailed timeline and breakdown of the day and distributed it to my vendors and bridal party. Everyone was able to stay on the same page the whole day. I 100% Trusted that jackie would handle any situation that arose. On my wedding day, it poured with rain and all previous plans were thrown out the window. She spoke with me in length about my options and we made a plan together - I knew she would do her best and she did! Our day was absolutely magical and I felt like Jackie had become a close friend throughout the process!! Everyone who dealt with jackie, including all vendors and my family said she was amazing and made the day so much more enjoyable!!! I will miss planning a wedding ONLY because I will not be able to chat with Jackie anymore!! Thank you for everything!!!
    Emily L. Married on 04/23/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The name says it all… Details Made Simple!

I decided to work with DMS when I realized my wedding was originally scheduled for six weeks after my sisters, and seven after my best friends, in which I was both a MOH. I knew I was going to be stressed in the weeks leading up, and really wanted to have someone who could help me keep loose ends tied up, coordinate with vendors and help things run smoothly on the big day.

Boy did I get that and MORE!! I had the absolute pleasure of working with Ebony, who was so warm and easy to work with, kept me calm and organized, and made everything seem easy and effortless leading up and on the day of. Even when we decided to move our wedding to the Spring, I was so relieved to have Ebony and so grateful for all of her advice and help. I cannot recommend DMS and Ebony enough!
  • Natalie
    Natalie B. Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best, most professional & enjoyable experience

Shay was truly Godsent!! We hired her towards the tail end of wedding planning and we were so glad we had. It made an immense difference. Shay was the “glue” that kept everything together at our wedding. She was the MVP! She made the day seamless with such professionalism and poise, thinking about and paying attention to every minute detail necessary. Everyone from our parents to our bridal party loved her. She made every single person in our bridal party feel comfortable with her exuberant personality. Shay truly is a master at her craft, coupling both great people skills and work ethic. She is also a quick problem solver. She will surely forever be remembered for having such an important role inthe most important day of our lives. We would recommend her to any couple in a heartbeat.
    Joi T. Married on 03/31/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Just what I wanted (…and needed)

When looking for a wedding coordinator, I knew I wanted someone who would match with my easy going personality, identify gaps in coordination and planning I might miss, and help me make my vision a reality. Kelly provided that and more! Not only did she match my energy, but she was able to work well with all of my vendors, bring additional creativity and ideation to my day of vision, and make my wedding day the best day of my life thus far. The return on investment was well worth it because working with Kelly was a dream.
  • Erin
    Erin K. Married on 03/25/2022

Must have!

Best decision we made, besides marrying one another! We started to look for a coordinator for all of our day of needs and came across Details Made Simple through our venue list (The Foundry). We started working with Shay 3 months before our wedding date and we truly could not have done it without her. She was on top of contacting vendors for us, setting up timelines and helping with all of the little hiccups that come with planning a wedding. The day of she was there to make sure everyone was moving along smoothly, and had an energy that kept everyone calm, we felt so supported the entire day. It was such a pleasure to get to work with Shay, we're sad the wedding is over and we won't get to work with her again! We can't recommend enough, thank you for everything!!!
  • Bria
    Bria N. Married on 03/12/2022

A Fairytale Wedding

Thanks to Carla and the Details Made Simple team, our wedding was nothing short of immaculate and went exactly as planned. We chose to have a morning wedding, and without Carla’s expertise, amazing personality, organization, and follow up this wouldn’t have went as planned. While wedding planning is stressful enough, Carla eased any worries or concerns and became a best friend in my head! Her response times are almost immediate, our timeline was super detailed, and her and the team had constant communication with vendors which was such a relief for us. As mentioned, the logistics of a morning wedding (on top of a snow storm) are tough, but March 12th will be a day we never forget thanks to her and her team. We cannot thank them enough! Do not hesitate to book! ❤️
    Marissa Married on 02/26/2022

We love shade!

My husband and I worked with Shade 3 months out from the wedding and day of. She was perfect. First, we are both resident physicians and have really inflexible hours - but Shade was so accommodating to us and would often have meetings with us late in the evening which we really appreciated. She also helped us brainstorm ideas when we didn't know what to do (ie orders of things, people walking out, etc). Before the wedding, she contacted our vendors and caught a few things that we would have totally missed, and she fixed them! On the wedding day, having her there with her assistant, Emma, was a dream. Literally everything ran smoothly, on time, and we did not have to worry about anything. She coordinated with our vendors, she and Emma had tools to help us button my dress when it was impossible to button, and later we found out we had some wedding crashers that she found fast and escorted out. She took care of us on our wedding day and we feel the luckiest to have had her.
    Lindsay G. Married on 02/20/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Carla and her team are AMAZING!

We chose the Peace of Mind package and began working with Carla 3 months before our wedding day (2/20/22). Carla was amazing to work with—super responsive and always with a positive, can-do attitude that made my now-husband and I feel comfortable after every meeting. Ahead of the wedding day, she worked seamlessly with our venue and all of our vendors on the certificates of insurance, timeline, and arranging COVID tests for our vendors (more on that in a sec).

When the Omicron surge happened, Carla helped us adapt our original wedding plan to include day-of testing for all of our guests, which was no easy feat. She arranged for one of her team members, Tamara, to check every guest's COVID at-home rapid test upon entry. Even though we only hired Tamara to help us with the COVID tests, she also went above and beyond on our wedding day, assisting Carla with literally everything. I was worried about the COVID testing process going smoothly on our wedding day, but it did thanks to Tamara. So many of our guests thanked us for taking this extra precaution because it made them feel super safe and have a worry-free time.

Besides this pandemic-specific help, Carla kept everything super organized and solved problems as they came up so we didn't have to (and there were probably some minor problems she solved that we don't even know about!). For example, when our florist forgot to put flowers on our cake, she repurposed my bouquet so no one would know the difference. She also gave us guidance on tipping and worked with all our vendors to ensure our event was as amazing as possible.

Honestly, my now-husband thought that we didn't need a wedding coordinator because we planned so much of our wedding ourselves, but the morning after our wedding, he told me that working with Details Made Simple was worth every penny. If you have the budget for a wedding coordinator (or can sacrifice something else for one), Carla is THE BEST. Both of our families absolutely loved working with her and her team, and I credit our wedding day being as smooth and stress-free as it was to all of her hard work.

Tatiana M. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible Experience with Eboney!

Working with Ebony @ DMS is one of the best decisions I made! We were a few months out from our wedding, had secured all of our vendors, and had realized that we'd need somebody to "run the show" and handle the execution of our dream wedding. I could not have thought of a better person than Ebony. Ebony is detail oriented, thoughtful, takes initiative, is organized, and has the absolute best attitude and personality. She went above and beyond during our entire process, which made it so easy to place our trust in her. She was also incredibly fun to have around on the day of the wedding and helped make our day so fun throughout!

Sydnie, the second coordinator, was awesome as well! She was organized, diligent, outgoing and friendly!

We are so lucky that we went with DMS and would highly recommend them to anybody planning their wedding!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth A. Married on 01/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding coordinator out there!

Selecting Details Made Simple, and specifically working with Jackie, to be our day of coordinator was the best wedding planning decision we made! Jackie was so incredibly helpful leading up to the wedding day and of course throughout the day. She was always available and willing to meet and answer all of my questions as we got closer to the day. She helped to alleviate the stress of coordinating with all our vendors and kept the wedding day perfectly organized and on time. With her help, we had the absolute best day ever!!! I cannot recommend Jackie and Details Made Simple enough. They will truly change your life and help create the most perfect wedding day you can imagine
  • Angelina
    A Married on 01/15/2022

They are a lifesaver!

I need everyone to stop what they are doing and book Details Made Simple ASAP! This is a service I never knew I needed. After postponing our wedding because of the pandemic and planning for two years, everything was starting to mesh together and I was losing it. I was even planning of doing the insane thing of setting up my decorations myself the day of the wedding because I am super DIY and a perfectionist.
    Well, good thing I came across Details Made Simple. Even their website was friendly and approachable. Reading all the coordinators bios made me feel like I would be in good hands with anyone. We went with the "Peace of Mind" package where Coordination begins 3 months out. I was paired with Maggie and she was an absolute godsend! She asked me all the right questions, thought about details I missed, gave me recommendations, helped me search for a loveseat when I could not find one, and handled all our vendors. She even went into Momma Bear Mode when a vendor tried to take advantage of us. The day of the wedding Maggie orchestrated everything flawlessly. She pinned the boutonnieres on all groomsmen and helped me get into my dress. She put out all my decorations the way I wanted them and even packed them back up with care at the end of the night. Maggie did 100+ things to help make our day special that it would be too long to list. She truly listened to everything my Husband and I had to say. She was truly a perfect fit for us. Even though we've only known Maggie for 3 months, we feel that we knew her longer. I have no clue what to do now without her now that the wedding is over.
  • Paige
    Paige M. Married on 12/29/2021

Highly recommend!

Shade was fantastic! We got the "day of planner" that covered the 3 months before the big day. It was the perfect package. In the last 3 months she helped us dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s, attended wrap-up meetings, helped design signage, and did email follow-ups with all the vendors. The day of the wedding she was on point and everything ran smoothly. We were all able to enjoy the day and Shade took care of all the details.
  • Maya
    Maya H. Married on 11/14/2021

Wedding Day of our Dreams

Where to begin 😩🥺

We always knew we wanted to hire a DoC to ensure that our day would be free from calls and last minute questions, and to leave the logistics and detail placements to someone else so that we could take in every second of our special day. Shade from DMS made that such a reality!!! From contracting onward Shade was super personable and the professionalism of DMS in handling all of the administrative ends of the process was amazing. Shade was like our fairy godmother, working in the background to make sure all of our little details were perfectly executed and appearing to make certain we were having a good time and ready for all of the nights special moments. She brought such a positive and warm energy to our day, we truly can’t thank her and DMS enough for such great service! She even went as far as to walk our flower girl down when she suddenly got nervous. What a gem!

• Ashley
    Ashley R. Married on 11/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop clicking because you've found your wedding coordinator!

Where do I even begin?
    My now husband (ahhh! still not used to it!), Juan, works in operations, and I’m a teacher, so we both understand the benefits of smooth logistics. We've all experienced a poorly planned event at some point in our lives, and since a wedding is truly about the love (no offense, nicely folded napkins), we didn't want any sort of logistical hiccups to rob us of our day. For these reasons, finding an organized coordinator for our wedding was TOP priority. At the start of the research process, we were prepared to keep our expectations high, ask questions, and certainly not settle. What we weren’t prepared for however, was meeting and being blessed by the literal Queen/ GOAT of all things wedding and wedding coordination, Ebony Delaney. From the moment we first chatted with Ebony, we absolutely KNEW she was the intelligent, supportive, thoughtful, kind, and fun human we needed to help us execute the day (which she did flawlessly by the way). Each conversation, call, chat, and email thread was handled with the utmost care, and although we were working together virtually (thanks, COVID), it truly didn’t feel like it. Ebony asked all the important questions, and provided answers/ solutions for our stressors. If you've read this far, I now feel safe admitting to you that I am a complete and utter control freak. There I said it. However, I felt ZERO need to take over with Ebony behind the driver’s wheel. This incredible woman even joined us for our rehearsal, AND gave a stern talking to the groomsmen who were late (BLESS HER HEART). When our big day finally arrived, Ebony was timely, SUPER supportive, and solutions oriented. I mean she individually walked bridesmaids to the church from the bus so they wouldn’t get wet from the rain, and was on standby during the couple’s portraits to cover me with a coat between shots because it was freezing. Like, come on! #SORCERY. Each part of the wedding flowed into the next with ease, and Juan and I were free to enjoy each other and our guests. She even reminded me to eat and enjoy my signature drink! On top of all the logistical magic created, Ebony ensured that our families & friends, NYBG staff, and other vendors were happy and comfortable. I’m not sure how she juggled it all by herself, but she did, and with grace. Finally, Ebony was FUN. Her radiant energy kept me positive when photos took longer than expected in the AM, and she threw down on the dance floor, which was perfection. Overall, I didn’t feel like I was working with someone we hired. I felt like we were working with a friend. A friend who had their sh*t together and definitely made the details simple.
    @ash_roth @jxxgomez for pics!
    Jacqueline S. Married on 11/12/2021

Smooth, Seamless Day!

Details Made Simple and our day-of coordinator, Shade, made our day flow smooth and seamless! I was not even the slightest bit stressed on our wedding day since I knew that Shade was handling all of the little details. She was professional, easy to work with, and very helpful when I needed to reach out. If you want a worry-free wedding day, book Details Made Simple!!
illustration stars