Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator Reviews

314 | Westfield, NJ

314 Reviews for Details Made Simple ~ Wedding Day Coordinator

• F

Frank Corradi · Getting married on 02/09/2022

Best wedding planner ever! (no seriously, i mean it)

If you are reading this review right now, trying to determine who to pick for a wedding coordinator, I want you to stop what you are doing right now and call Details Made Simple and ask for Justine. You will not regret it!!!!

We originally hired Justine in January on the three month package for our original wedding date in April. We decided on her and Details Made Simple based on the strong reviews for the company we found online, but the reviews were understating the benefit of this hire. Right off the bat, we could tell she was sweet and would be helpful, but over the next few months she turned out to be so much more. Justine truly cared about the success of our wedding, was always thoughtful, very organized, and always professional! Her skills were put to the test when we had to reschedule our wedding for September due to the pandemic and make changes to all of the details. Through it all, Justine stayed with us, making sure that the new wedding was still going to be special.

For both wedding dates, she scheduled multiple phone calls with us, making sure we developed a timeline, and that all our vendors were involved and informed with everything they needed to play their part. She was always available to answer any of the questions we had during the whole process. From the day before through the wedding reception, Justine was always available to us, yet somehow everywhere else at once, making sure everything was going perfectly. By the time our nine months together was over, she felt like one of the family.

I can not stress enough to you how much she really made all the details of our wedding simple! I urge you, if you want your wedding day to go off without a hitch, please reach out to Justine! This is not a choice you will regret!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Claudia Lorenzo · Getting married on 06/10/2021

Attentive, Helpful, Kind, and Fun -- Absolutely Recommend!!

Shadé was my wedding day guardian angel!! Roughly a year before our planned January 2021 wedding, we hired Details Made Simple (specifically Shadé) as our day of coordinator. Due to Covid and the uncertainty of whether we would be able to safely have a large indoor wedding in the winter, we opted to have an outdoor micro-wedding in October 2020 to celebrate safely with our closest family and friends. We rearranged our plans very quickly and Shadé did not miss a beat! We went over details, vision, timeline, venue, decor, etc. in advance. She had also reached out to our vendors and made sure everyone was timely.

Shadé was punctual and had such a calming spirit. I was surprisingly so calm all day because I knew everything was being taken care of. On the few occasions where I checked on the status of something, Shadé was already two steps ahead of me and had it all taken care of! She saved the day by figuring out my complicated bustle, fixed my hair with bobby pins that she carried with her, and was the one to place my blusher on right before I walked down the aisle. What could have easily been a very stressful day due to the pandemic turned out to be the the best day of my life! Very grateful to her for being so attentive, helpful, kind, and fun. I’ll be recommending her and Details Made Simple to friends and family!

Sent on 12/26/2020
  • Yasemin

Yasemin E · Getting married on 02/10/2021

April is the BEST!

April was a literal life saver and if I can leave any bride with advice - it’s to hire a day of coordinator! My venue told me I didn’t need one because I was assigned someone to help me during planning, a ceremony coordinator AND a maitre-D but I wanted someone who represented me in case I ran into any problems with the venue or outside of the venue when they weren’t there to help me. I hired DMS and was assigned April about a year in advance. She checked in with me every month to see how I was doing and if I had any questions or concerns. Month of we ran through the timeline together, met in person for brunch and she got copies of all my decor instructions, contracts, seating chart, guest names, etc. etc. What was supposed to be simple day of coordination turned into her managing a hotel block disaster where out hotel lost power and 50+ guests needed to be relocated and shuttles needed to be rearranged! She didn’t bother me with any of it and was actually the one who requested to be the one to call me the day before the wedding to break the news. She completely handled it and made me feel so calm and collected! Aside from that, she followed me around all night (from afar, not hovering or anything) so that any time I happened to be alone whether it was to go to the bathroom or run upstairs to get my bag, she was there to help. She set up my decor, supervised everyone else to make sure my vision was executed properly, helped me pee, helped a sick guest, fixed my tiara, veil, hair and on and on. She's my queen!

Sent on 12/09/2019
  • Roshni

Roshni Doctor · Married on 10/31/2020

Incredible!

Shadé was absolutely incredible to work with and I honestly don't know how I would have gone through the wedding day without her help. In the months leading up to the wedding as well, her guidance was invaluable. I would recommend her and Details Made Simple to anyone needing day-of coordination or planning services!

Sent on 11/04/2020

Christine · Married on 10/11/2020

Priceless Piece of Mind

Hiring Details Made Simple was the best wedding present I received from my now-husband. We had been working with a venue that was particularly difficult to contact and deal with. The venue had caused some sleepless nights and quite a bit of stress for us. Then, Shade came along! The moment we had a conversation with her about what she could do for us and how she could help, my then-fiance and I nearly cried. What a relief!!!!!! Shade was a saving grace and made our wedding a stressless, wonderful, incredible experience. The fond memories I have of our wedding would not have occurred without her diligence, organization, and professional demeanor. Justine was the additional coordinator we brought on for the day of who was also incredible. She was always by my side making sure everything was okay, holding my bouquet, fixing my dress, and attending to any immediate needs. She even ran out and did a liquor run when we ran out of whiskey! I highly, highly, highly suggest that you hire these women for your special day. Being stress free the day of your wedding is priceless.

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Chauntel

Chauntel Greaves · Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Our Details Made Simple coordinator Miquel was nothing short of amazing. She understood our vision, was flexible and handled all of the details leading up to and including the day of... even suggesting things we never thought of, for our small, intimate wedding. Would absolutely recommend her and the DMS team to our friends and family. Thanks again Miquel, you were a dream to work with!!!!

Sent on 10/17/2020

Melissa Lefebvre · Married on 10/03/2020

Beyond incredible

Carla is absolutely the best of the BEST and truly deserves ten stars!! I knew from our first phone call she had to be my day of coordinator! She made sure I had all my ducks in a row leading up to my wedding day! Carla took care of setting up my DIY ideas for cocktail hour when I had to change venue’s due to COVID! She coordinated with all of my vendors to make sure everyone was on time and doing what they needed to be doing the day of my wedding! And not to mention, her timeline was absolutely flawless and down to the minute! She made sure my wedding day was smooth and everything was taken care of! She knew what my vision was executed it perfectly! If it was not for Carla, my wedding day would not have been perfection! She truly went above and beyond!!! Oh and let’s not forget her business The Simple Shoppe for the beautiful hangers, flasks and signage!

Sent on 10/07/2020

Crystal · Married on 09/12/2020

Best thing to happen to my wedding

Carla is the best!!! I was a COVID bride and Carla just made me feel 100% at ease at all times. We made so many changes and she was there right by our side to give amazing advice and help guide us through the process. She is a HUGE part of why the wedding ran as smooth as it did in my in-laws backyard. It was the most beautiful day and Carla took care of setting up decorations outside and making sure vendors were there on time. I HIGHLY recommend her for your wedding day!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Patrick

Patrick and Marianne · Married on 08/10/2020

April is an Angel

April is literally a wedding angel. She made everything run so so smoothly. We were supposed to have our wedding outside on the beach and there was a chance of rain.... she helped make the right decision to leave the ceremony outside. My groom forgot his dress shirt at home.... she kept me calm and helped come up with a solution to get him a new one. The florist forgot ribbon on my bouquet.... she made sure I was ok and offered to get it fixed. There was a ton of wind on the beach making signs fall down.... she made it work and got all my signage up anyway. The rental company put the linens on the wrong table.... she fixed that. I could go on listing things she helped with and I am sure there were a million other things I didn't even know about. April really allowed us to actually enjoy our wedding (and that is saying a lot with my anxiety). I didn't have to solve a single problem or talk to a single vendor or load a single thing into the shuttle back to the B&B. Hiring Details Made Simple was the best choice we made and best money we spent on anything for the wedding.

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Macy · Married on 06/06/2020

The Most Important Vendor We Never Knew We Needed!!!

Candice and her team went above and beyond to help us with 2 reschedulings and last minute venue change due to COVID. We had multiple in-person meetings to walk through each venue and she provided insight to potential issues that we had not previously discussed and we were able to alter our plans accordingly. She helped us make sure our event was COVID compliant by helping us with invitation wording per state guidelines and she even checked each guest in with a contactless thermometer (talk about going above and beyond!). She was able to create a timeline for our day including all of our vendors and looped each vendor into the day-of timeline. Candice and a helper were onsite for 12 hours helping our decorator to set up the day and greet each vendor upon arrival. Throughout every step of the way she provided her opinion on the safest ways to conduct our wedding while constantly reassuring us that we could still pull off the wedding of our dreams during a pandemic. I would absolutely recommend working with Candice and the DMS team to anyone in need of Day-Of Coordination. Thank you so much DMS - we couldn't have done this without you!

Sent on 10/08/2020
  • Lissy

Lissy Benavides · Married on 05/29/2020

Day of coordinator

Kim was awesome to work with and I definitely feel it was worth it to have a day of coordinator! She was super helpful checking in and helping with the timeline process. I ended up having a backyard wedding because of COVID and she helped with pretty much everything the day of, from the set up to managing the timeline and keeping things organized. I honestly don’t know how we could have made the day work without her. She was also fun to hang out with and very calm!

Sent on 09/29/2020
  • Kerry

Kerry Dobies · Married on 04/17/2020

Excellent experience - highly recommended

Our day of coordinator (Lauren H) was fantastic. She was extremely professional, well organized, responsive, and full of positive energy every step of the way. We quickly learned that wedding planning can become expensive and stressful, but with Lauren to help us through the process, it was so much easier to navigate and coordinate between vendors, and the experience was much more enjoyable. When Covid hit and we had to postpone our wedding by 3 months, Lauren and Details Made Simple were there to help us re-schedule and re-arrange events as needed at no extra cost. When the big day arrived, everything went perfectly! Best Day Ever :)

Sent on 08/02/2020
  • Lara

Lara M Aqel · Married on 03/29/2020

A Global Pandemic Has Got Nothing On Carla Friday

There will NEVER be enough words to express how grateful we are to have made the wisest decision in our planning process, all those many months ago, to hire Carla Friday, owner of DMS, to be our day-of-coordinator. 'Day-of-coordination' doesn't even come close to encompassing all the things Carla did for us. She was my right hand woman, helping us navigate not two but THREE wedding dates after coronavirus upended our initial wedding plans. She did it all, checking in on me every month, visiting venues, talking to owners, sourcing vendors, helping arrange decor, navigating cultural issues with grace and style, and urging me, repeatedly, to put MORE on her plate so I would be a less stressed out, micromanaging bride. All I can say is that my family will FOREVER be thankful to Carla for enabling us to have the most magical day we could have ever imagined AND that my sister is currently in the process of hiring DMS for her own wedding next year. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH CARLA!

Sent on 08/12/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa Berry · Married on 03/14/2020

Amazing! Best Wedding Decision We Made!

Words cannot express our gratitude to Carla and Details Made Simple. Our wedding was something out of a fairytale and we couldn't have pulled it off without all of her help and support.

Carla is a top-notch planner and I am incredibly lucky to have had her help. She always made us feel as though she had everything 100% under control. The day of the wedding ran so smoothly. Everything, every person, every moment was perfect.

We got married right as the Coronavirus was being bad and restrictions we're being implemented and guests were starting to cancel. If it wasn't for Carla I don't know if I could have gotten through it as gracefully as I did. You won't be disappointed in hiring her or the Details Made Simple team. Best decision we made!!

Sent on 03/19/2020

Annie Megson · Married on 01/19/2020

Knowledgeable, reliable, worth it

I had the absolute pleasure of working with Gio and Amy on my big day this January 2020.

From day one, working with details made simple was fantastic. I knew from the information call with Qunnah that they were the company to work with. She was knowledgeable, forthcoming and thoughtful in all her recommendations. I was so sad when she was unable to stay on as our coordinator for the actual day itself until... I met Gio.

Gio went above and beyond the call of duty. Rapidly responsive to emails, had multiple phone calls with me as well as two in person meetings over coffee in addition to attending our final walk through, and this was all on his day off from his other 9-5!

On the actual day he showed up BIG time and I didn’t worry about a single thing. People told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to and that success was, largely, thanks to his expert coordination so that nothing skipped a beat. If there was a problem, I most certainly didn’t know about it. It was honestly more like working with a friend than someone I had hired which put me so at ease on a very stressful day.

And I can’t forget to shout out to his assistant Amy from details made simple as well. She was an amazing addition to the team, helped my sisters prep for their speech, and made me feel so special and secure. She was wonderful.

Cannot recommend them enough. They are worth every penny.

Sent on 01/22/2020

Jaclyn · Married on 01/19/2020

Could not be happier

I am ASTOUNDED by how incredibly organized, helpful, and calm this team is. Every single team member made me feel like I was their main priority and that nothing I needed was too difficult. They make sure you have the most memorable day. If I could give more than five stars, I would!! DMS was truly a Godsend.

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel Soul · Married on 01/19/2020

Our Angel Shade

I got engaged in October of 2018 and decided not to use a wedding planner because I figured I had enough help with my friends and family. Needless to say, by June of 2019 I realized I was in over my head and needed some help. I came to Wedding Wire and found Details Made Simple. They answered my inquiry right away and sent me their service packages.
    I chose the "Day Of Coordinator" package and I have to say, I immediately felt a weight lifted off my shoulders.
    I was paired with lovely Shade, and right off the bat we meshed well. She called me and we talked about my vision, my vendors, my concerns, and I warned her about my crazy family. She assured me she's here to help and to contact her whenever. She took her time to listen to me and fill in all the gaps where I may have missed something.
    Shade really went ABOVE and BEYOND to make sure I had no hiccups for my wedding day. She took the contact info for all my vendors and reached out to them prior to my wedding day to make sure everyone was aware of their call times etc.
    She came to the venue with me months prior to do a walk through where we went through details of the entire day .
    She literally paid attention to all the micro details of my special day so I wouldn't have to. She even was so sweet that people who weren't even in the bridal party were able to notice how awesome she was. She was such a pleasure to work with , and my husband and I can truly say "MONEY WELL SPENT".

Sent on 02/18/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 12/31/2019

Excellent Service From an Excellent Coordinator!

Zaakira really went above and beyond to help us with our wedding. We could not have done it without her! From the beginning converstaions, she was easy to talk to and work with. She made her self available to us on our schedule too which was really nice. She is very detailed and organized and did such a great job talking with our vendors. She helped tremendously with gathering all the last minute details that were still needed up to the day of the wedding. We weren't sure that we needed a coordinator when we started wedding planning and now that it's over we couldn't have imagined our big day running smoothly without her. I would highly recommend her and Details Made Simple for your wedding!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Cara

Cara Pirozzi · Married on 12/10/2019

Hire amy! Amazing is an understatement!

I had the pleasure of working with Amy at DMS and I can not express how AMAZING she was. Not only was she the most reliable and kind person BUT an absolute pleasure to be around and work with. She had ideas and suggestions that were unique. She made sure everything went smoothly and most important, made sure my vision came to life. I felt at ease and calm knowing she was there to oversea. Look no further and HIRE AMY! You will thank me later! I will truly miss working with her, I feel like we have become friends! AMY, THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DREAMS COME ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Audrey · Married on 12/08/2019

Perfection

We had our wedding on 12/8/19 and it was an absolute dream come true. I had so many little worries before the big day. I was even telling our coordinator Miquel about the dreams I had. She made sure every detail went as planned and worked with our venue so well. The day of was bette than I could’ve ever imagined and if there were any hiccups at all, I certainly didn’t know about them! Thank you!!

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Janelle

Janelle Williams · Married on 12/04/2019

Simply wonderful!

Shade Coleman of Details Made Simple helped to make our wedding run smoothly from start to finish. Whenever we reached out to her she was quick to respond and ensured that the small touches of our wedding were executed well. My husband and I were very pleased with her service and will surely be recommending her and the company to others. I didn't think I would need a day of coordinator but I surely did!! Thank you Shade!

Sent on 04/17/2019

James Abney · Married on 12/01/2019

Justine Rivera

Justine met all of our needs, and ensured that our Day was perfect! Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Mary Kate Renehan · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing! Couldn’t have done it without them!

Amy (our coordinator) was the best decision we made during this wedding planning process. She was incredibly organized and was there to help with anything and everything. She was easy to contact and was extremely professional. I can’t imagine what the day would have been like without her. I am so grateful for her! Amy made me feel comfortable and not stressed! I will suggest her and this company to anyone that is getting married

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/09/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator EVER!!!!

I had the pleasure of working with Carla at DMS for my wedding. She made our wedding day perfect and I didn’t think that was even possible! Nothing went wrong during the event and everything went as planned because of Carla. Leading up to our big day she helped us find vendors and helped keep us on track with everything. She even made me hangers for my bridal party, signature drink signs and flute glasses for the day of. Everything was just so perfect and I’m so happy that we went with DMS! Thank you Carla for making our dream wedding amazing!!!! You’re the best!

Sent on 12/03/2019