Destiny's Bride Reviews

76 | Paradise Valley, AZ

76 Reviews for Destiny's Bride

Jessica · Married on 05/08/2009

After having a terrible experience with my first choice of wedding dress, I was a little skeptical of bridal shops. Linda knew what had happened previously and really took good care of me. She even tried to get me the original wedding dress that I wanted. It was unavailable but I fell even more in love with a dress at Destiny's. The new dress was 1000 times better than the first one! Everything went perfectly and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/13/2009

Vivian · Married on 04/22/2009

I went crazy for about 3 weeks trying to find a dress I was bout to give up and listen to my friend to go get this dress she liked but I found the right dress at last. It really pays off to be patient.

Sent on 05/06/2009

Heather · Married on 11/15/2008

The staff at Destiny's Bride are fantastic. They helped me to find the dress of my dreams and the accessories to go with it! I would highly
    recommend them for their selection, professionalism, and ease of service!

Sent on 12/03/2008

Christy · Married on 09/27/2008

Destiny's bride has Arizona's most gorgeous selection of gowns. I fell in love with an Amy Michelson gown and was so lucky to have such amazing service from my first visit to my final fitting. With Destiny's Bride, I was able to have a worry-free gown experience.

Sent on 10/04/2008

Allison · Married on 07/19/2008

Linda was an incredible help with selecting my PERFECT Anne Barge wedding gown. It was the most beautiful dress and Destiny's was so wonderful and helpful along the way!

Sent on 08/26/2008

Cat · Married on 04/30/2008

Very helpful staff. Loved a dress here but it was out of my price range. Returned to purchase some jewelry but was not my style. I would love to have purchased things from them, but it just did not work out. I ended up purchasing a one of a kind lightly used Monique Lhullier dress for less than 1/5 of the price (at a bridal consignment shop) and was very happy. If I had the money though, I would probably have gotten the dress I fell in love with at Destiny's. And they are pleasant and great to work with.

Sent on 05/29/2008

Lauren · Married on 09/29/2007

We visited a number of bridal stores...Destiny's Bridal not only has a fabulous selection of gowns, but they truly care about the bride and her special day. Linda was helpful from our first appointment to the final fitting. A huge plus is that Destiny's Bridal caps their alterations, so you don't get stuck with extra charges for alerations on your dress before your big day. Also if you are looking for beautiful accessories, Destiny's Bridal has a great selection. I loved my wedding gown and felt like the most beautiful bride.

Sent on 09/28/2008

Ericka · Married on 11/19/2011

My dress arrived on time and in prefect condition. This is a great place to look for pretty unique dresses that you can't find at other shops.

Sent on 12/16/2011
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/08/2011

I ordered my dress from I Do, I Do Bridal and it of course closed down before my dress arrived. I called Destiny's in a panic after a recommendation from my Maid of Honor and another bridesmaid who both got their dresses there. They were able to squeeze me in and promised me that we would find a sample size within my budget and not to worry.
    Destiny's is a beautiful shop, and the dresses are definitely pricey. The dress I ended up falling in love with was more beautiful than my original dress, and also a Monique Lhuillier Bliss (what girl doesn't love a designer find?). The sample was in great shape and Destiny's helped me out with the price due to my prior experience.
    I also completed my alterations at Destiny's. My dress fit like a glove and I felt absolutely amazing. I did get my veil and sash at another store, as these accessories at Destiny's, although beautiful, were out of my price range. They did steam the veil for me even though it wasn't from their store.
    I am so happy I ended up getting my dress here.

Sent on 10/18/2011

Casaundra · Married on 06/04/2011

I loved my dress and the ladies are very friendly and patient.

Sent on 06/28/2011
  • Kristyn

Kristyn · Married on 03/20/2010

My dress was absolutely gorgeous and the dress of my dreams. I can't even tell you how many compliments I have recieved on it. The staff at Destiny's are great and the seamstress knows her stuff!

Sent on 05/27/2010

Abby · Married on 09/26/2009

I got a million compliments on my dress and they were very professional and flexible regarding scheduling fittings.

Sent on 02/03/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/29/2014

I love this place. They are more than accommodating and are even helping me customize my gown. They are a small company, which I love, and super nice.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Malina · Married on 09/01/2013

Lisa at Destiny's Bride is simply phenomenal. I can't say enough, and I will buy any future formal dresses there even if I'm just a guest at a wedding or cocktail party.

I am the maid of honor in a wedding, however I am recovering from a bad medical injury and surgery. Trying on dresses in crutches is no small task and can be incredibly overwhelming! Because of her wonderful reviews on Yelp I found Lisa. In all my years buying dresses (even my own wedding dress) I have never encountered someone so professional, responsive and exactly on target with what would fit me and also suit the wedding style of my dear friend (the bride, who is 2,000 miles away).

When the color selection of the exact dress we wanted was a bit different than what the bride was looking for, Lisa immediately worked with the manufacturer to get it ahead of schedule for the next seasons color palette. WOW! I am so pleased with the color fabric, quality, price, style selection, fit and total experience. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Lisa...

The moral of the story is you often have to kiss a lot of toads before you find an amazing formal dress boutique. If you have a formal event on the horizon just make Destiny's Bride your first stop - it will save you a lot of time.

Sent on 05/03/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

I am having a great day today reading all these wonderful reviews! I think I might read them every morning. It was great working with you on the dress for your friends wedding! So glad it turned out so well. And I would always love to have you come in and visit with us. We had great fun!

Lisa

Franca · Married on 05/29/2011

Destiny's Bridal was amazing. I loved everyone that help me pick out my wonderful dress.

Sent on 06/16/2011

Lisa · Married on 11/14/2009

I bought my wedding dress at Destiny's Bride and loved it. I visited a few other shops in town, but Destiny's set itself far apart from the rest by its personal attention and boutique feel - it was clean and private and had a nice selection of various couture gowns. Thanks!

Sent on 08/31/2010

Lisa · Married on 10/10/2009

Lisa, the owner, was so helpful and made the process enjoyable. After going to five stores before Destiny and showing up defeated it was not until my shopping at Destiny that I realized what shopping for your wedding dress is supposed to be like.... FUN!

Sent on 11/15/2009

Hayley · Married on 12/10/2016

First and foremost, brides will not find a better seamstress than those employed by Destiny's. My dress was originally strapless but I wanted to add sleeves and the work Martha did cannot be compared to anything I have ever seen before. The sleeves flowed so seamlessly with the dress that people were so surprised when I told them they were added on. It took a dress I loved and made it into a dress that was all my own. It was perfect. They have an amazing selection of dresses and something for everyone's budget. This was the only boutique I went to and I'm glad it was.

Sent on 12/18/2016

3.5

I cannot say enough great things about Destiny's Bride. I was in a crunch from the day I got engaged to the wedding date we set. Being that I have history working in the wedding industry, I already knew the time frame you needed to comfortably order a dress and have time for alterations. That being said these ladies made it happen in 18 weeks for a dress that should have taken 22 weeks! Alterations were capped at a dollar amount which I REALLY appreciated because I don't think any other salon offers that. My experience from my first appointment was amazing. I was the only appointment there on a Sunday afternoon. It made it for a really relaxing appointment, one where it was quiet, and the focus was on me and MY day. The fact that I was able to have an experience like that, I knew almost right away I didn't want to go anywhere else to get a dress. My consultant was wonderful. Everything I thought I loved and wanted, well, let's just say I didn't like and looked awful on me. She went out on a limb and went against everything I said I didn't like initially and told me to just have an open mind because she knew what was made for my body type. Low and behold, the first dress of her pick, it was my dream dress. From the moment I put it on, I just knew. I have never felt more beautiful and more special in any piece of clothing I've ever worn, and I'm pretty sure that is exactly what your wedding dress is supposed to make you feel like. I'm so glad she got me to step out of my comfort zone. Every single comment and bit of feedback I've gotten about my wedding dress was that I was absolutely breath taking at my wedding. My now husband even told me, "I don't think you could have found something to compliment you and your body better. You picked something that you look absolutely stunning in". For me, that's all I needed to hear. **Only down side was not getting a return call for dress updates. I had to call once a week to check in, and they would update me.

Sent on 02/13/2015

Rose at Destiny's Bride was exceptional! She was professional, helpful, attentive and warm. I would definitely recommend Destiny's Bride to anyone that wants a quality wedding dress with experienced staff.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Amy · Married on 02/20/2011

3.5

Destiny's bride provided excellent service. The dress was exactly what was ordered and in the right size. Dress arrived in time for wedding. Alterations were less than the maximum quoted and were top quality. The salon isn't cheap but quality and service were top notch.

Sent on 03/18/2011

Tricia · Married on 10/14/2006

I got my Reem Acra wedding gown here. The dress was gorgeous. They were very attentive and helpful.

Sent on 10/28/2007

Melissa · Married on 05/28/2005

I bought my bridesmaid dresses at Destiny's Bride. They had a diverse selection and excellent customer service.

Sent on 12/14/2006

Meggan · Married on 05/09/2009

3.6
      3.5

Knew their stuff about dresses and what would look good on me. Did an excellent job with the fittings. My only complaint is that they told me my dress would be in about 3 weeks earlier than when it really arrived.

Sent on 06/06/2009

Jennifer · Married on 12/03/2016

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5

I purchased my dress 10 months in advance of my wedding and it did not arrive until 3 1/2 weeks before my wedding. They blamed the designer, but my belt (which was from a different designer) didn't arrive until the week of my wedding, so I'm really not sure what happened there. Besides that, after alterations the dress ended up fitting a lot differently than I was made aware of when I purchased it. I was looking for a modified A-line dress and when I first tried on my dress I wasn't that impressed as it looked a lot more mermaid/trumpet style on me, but then Lisa (the owner) said that they hem their dresses from the waist vs. the bottom and pinned it that way to show me. It completely changed the shape of the dress on me to be more like the modified A-line style that I was after and at that point I decided to purchase the dress. When I went to my alterations appointment and asked them about hemming from the waist they laughed and said that they NEVER hem from the waist and didn't understand why Lisa would say that. So they hemmed from the bottom and the dress ended up being more like the mermaid/trumpet shape that I was trying to avoid and didn't flatter my body at all. The dress also ended up being a lot more low cut than I anticipated and the seamstress had to take fabric from the bottom and sew it onto the top for more coverage. I was also told by Lisa not to wear a bra because they would add enough boning that I wouldn't need one and unfortunately that ended up being terrible advice. They did add boning to the top and my bust looked okay when I was first zipped in, but as soon as I started moving around the day of my wedding, my bust began to sag and in many pictures my chest area looks extremely unflattering. I'm so heartbroken because you wait your whole life to wear your wedding dress and want to feel nothing but confident and beautiful the day of your wedding, but instead I felt extremely self-conscious.

Sent on 10/06/2017