Destiny's Bride Reviews

Destiny's Bride 2
Destiny's Bride 3

Julia Thomas · Married on 03/01/2019

Amazing!!!

Lisa, the owner, was so caring and thoughtful!! I ordered designer Beading from out of the country (which they were so great in helping with) and they helped me customize my entire dress!! When I wanted to add extra to my train at a later time, they were there helping me along the way. I’m sad I won’t get to see Lisa anymore, but I will be back if I have a different formal event.

Sent on 03/18/2019
    Destiny's Bride 4

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Awe Julia- you just made me cry. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your day! I am so thrilled to have had the opportunity. I adore you and your dad. You made my day! Thank you so much

Elaine · Married on 10/20/2018

Works well with non-locals

I was a bride from Las Vegas with lots of family in Phoenix, so in order to get family involved in dress shopping, I decided to try boutiques in Scottsdale. Destiny's Bride did not disappoint. Cali was AMAZING to work with, helped talk me through the different dresses I was trying on. It was my first appointment, so the guidance was very helpful. Everyone that came with me to the appointment had an amazing time, and I found my dress! Once it came to alterations, I obviously didn't want to do to much back-and-forth since I was out of town. Destiny's Bride was able to get all my alterations done, for a VERY beaded/complicated Calla Blanche gown, in 3 days. I came into town on a Monday for my first appointment and left with it perfect by Wednesday. I couldn't recommend this boutique enough!

• Jill

Jill · Married on 07/21/2018

Wedding Dress

I got my wedding dress here- a Simone Carvalli gown. It was perfect for my romantic floral summer vibe wedding in Michigan this past July. Everyone I worked with was amazing and super knowledgeable. The alterations were perfect.
    (photo credit: Abbey Moore)

Destiny's Bride 5
    Destiny's Bride 6

Jennifer · Married on 03/09/2018

I found the perfect dress early on in the wedding planning process. But that did not matter to Lisa or the other girls at Destiny's Bride. They made it clear from the very beginning that they would be there every step of the way and that I could come to them with any concerns. They went above and beyond to help me, and proved to be an invaluable source. I found my makeup artist through them, our groomsmen rented their tuxedos through them, and they always had me laughing and at ease at my appointments. Since the first day I walked through their doors, I have felt comfortable, beautiful, and not stressed whatsoever. Destiny's has an absolutely incredible selection of beautiful gowns that I know for a fact the staff have carefully picked to be perfect. And they are willing to help you in any way to make your perfect dream dress a reality. I would recommend Destiny's Bride in a heartbeat to anyone and encourage you to make an appointment! You will not be sorry!

• cathryne

cathryne · Married on 11/11/2017

There are no words to express the love I have for Lisa, Morgan, Callie, Rose, and Neddie!!! From my first phone call to set up the appointment, I felt that this was the place where i make friends and fall in love with a dress. BOTH happened!! Morgan is my bride whisperer Not only did she choose the dress that i swear was designed for me , she stayed with me every step of the way to make sure I had every single thing I needed to feel special.
    Not only is the personal level of service outstanding, the gown selection is beyond dreamu; the seamstresses are the most talented I have ever seen. I truely felt like a princess through the whole journey and on my wedding day. I recommend Destinys ..above all else.

Rachel · Married on 03/11/2017

Lisa was amazing. She was so attentive and quick to respond with any questions or concerns I had. Her goal was to make sure I got the dress of my dreams and did everything to make sure that happened. Her team is amazing too, they helped me add customization to the gown that truely made it unforgettable and one of a kind. To this day (a year later) I still have people come up to me and say that it was the most beautiful gown they had ever seen. If you want the dress of your dreams, look no further. Lisa and her team are the best.

Marisa · Married on 05/03/2015

I cannot say enough positive things about Lisa, Rose & the alterations team at Destiny. I went in for an appointment completely discouraged by the dress selection process; I wanted something modern and most of the styles at other boutiques were too vintage or too "cookie cutter". Destiny's carried Hayley Paige, who is a very modern designer. Rose helped me to select a few dresses of hers and I immediate fell in love with the Leighton gown. My mom was not initially on-board, so Rose had me come back for a 2nd appointment and talked through the overall vision I had for my wedding and helped me realize that was in fact the dress for me.

I purchased my dress 17 months before my wedding, so knowing I was anxious to see it, they contacted me as soon as it came in so I could try it on. We set my alterations appointments for 14 days and 5 days prior to my wedding! This initially freaked me out because my final fitting was literally the day before I left for Las Vegas, but the team knew what they were doing! I'm very petite so there was A LOT of work they needed to do. Destiny's has an alterations cap, which I'm so thankful for because my alterations alone could have cost $600-800 elsewhere. My dress fit perfectly and even my mom was in awe of how stunning it was!

This is the best bridal shop in Scottsdale and I would recommend them to anyone!

KATHLEEN · Married on 10/18/2014

It isn't easy finding the perfect wedding dress. But it may be even harder to find the perfect store. Lisa was a pleasure to work with and certainly knows her business! She is very familiar with styles, vendors, colors, and how to work with a bride. Our daughter's wedding was in Indianapolis, so Lisa arranged alterations to be done in 1 day. She made it very convenient for us. And they "packaged" the dress so we could travel with it on an airplane with minimal wrinkles. I would highly recommend Destiny's bride!

• Anna

Anna · Married on 10/12/2014

From the moment I stepped foot into Destiny's Bride I felt special. I had been to 6 other stores in the same day to find the dress and at each store, it wasn't even that I didn't find a gown I liked, it was the people and the vibe I got that felt off. Rose was so attentive at my first appointment and not the pushy sales person type I had experienced at other places. She really helped the dress find me and asked all of the right questions so that I would come to the choice myself successfully and have that amazing bridal moment. I never felt rushed at any of my appointments. My fittings were all excellent with rose and netty and I really just have nothing but amazing things to say about this shop. It was such a special experience that was an absolute pleasure every step of the way.

I would highly recommend Destiny's Bride over many other stores in town.

Carrie · Married on 10/12/2014

Tasha at Destiny's Bride was amazing! I had walked into my appointment with a heaving heart because I bought a dress elsewhere that I didn't love. Tasha listened to what I was envisioning and WOW, did she come through!! My dress was so beautiful and even more glamorous that I could of ever imagined!! Thank you Tasha for helping me feel so beautiful on my special day!!

After I dishartening day of dress shopping, I popped into Destiny's Bride about 30 minutes before they closed (without an appointment) just to see if I could look around. Rose was very accommodating and didn't looked bothered in the least as I walked-in. She listened to what I wanted, made suggestions, and brought out dresses for me to try. I found one that I loved but wanted to sleep on it (and not make them work late!) so I made an appointment for the next day to return with a decision - I bought the dress!

A few months later, my fiance and I had to move cross country for work. However - Rose and her team were very accommodating. They held the dress in the shop for me, and I flew back to AZ for a one and done fitting, which turned out flawlessly. Netty (seamstress) is amazing at what she does! The dress fit like a glove after only one fitting.

The only piece that confused me was that they advertise a $350 cap on alterations. I requested the strap on the dress be slightly modified; it did not require any extra lace or fabric, just repositioning it and scaling it back, which ended up costing extra, in addition to the $350. Now, I will still say - the alterations were a great deal and incredible value considering how expensive alterations can get - but I was confused with the way they originally presented it.... its more like a $350 cap for standard alterations (making the dress fit you as-is) but anything that changes the style of the dress costs extra. I would still highly recommend their alterations team, but just wanted to add this so people weren't confused like I was.

Overall, I had a great experience and would highly recommend Rose, Netty, and the rest of their team!

Molly · Married on 04/26/2014

Rose at Destiny's Bride was extremely helpful and couldn't have made my choice of wedding dress any easier. Destiny's Bride was the third place I went to try on dresses during a marathon day of errand running. We planned our Phoenix wedding from Texas, so I had one day to find "the dress". We almost didn't go to our appointment at Destiny's because I thought I'd found it earlier in the day, however I'm so glad we ended up going. Their shop is small and I was the only person there during my appointment. Once we chose the dress, Rose walked us through the ordering process and helped me choose my veil as well. Unlike most shops, Destiny's Bride only wants to do fittings a week before the wedding because - as Rose told us - two months or three months is a long time and bodies can change a lot in that time, and she's completely right. This made me slightly nervous - what if they didn't finish alterations on time? But all those fears were unnecessary. Their alterations are completed on site and they were done impeccably. Rose also gave me several helpful pointers for the day of, which I never would have thought of (it's a whole lot easier to just take your dress off to go to the bathroom, FYI, don't bother trying to hoist it above your head!) - it's clear she has been doing this for a long time and her expertise was very welcome!

• User3200087 · 2+ years ago

OMG....LISA, ROSE AND MARTHA WERE MY TEAM!! I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THESE INCREDIBLE PEOPLE, THIS AMAZING BRIDAL SHOP AND THE "ABOVE AND BEYOND MY EXPECTATIONS EXPERIENCE" I HAD! THEY ARE TRULY ANGELS WITH A PASSION FOR PEOPLE, BRIDES AND MAKING EVERY GIRLS' DREAM COME TRUE!!!! I FLEW ALL THE WAY FROM NYC AND IT WAS WORTH EVERY SINGLE MILE AND MORE!!! I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND DESTIN'S BRIDE TO ANY BRIDE REGARDLESS OF WHERE YOU LIVE!!! THIS TEAM IS THE BEST OF THE BEST!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!!

KRISTIN ERICKSEN-PARHAM

Sent on 01/08/2014

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Awe Kristin...you Rock!! So nice of you to post this review. Always give me joy to see so many brides so happy!

Thank you Beautiful!

Courtney · Married on 01/25/2014

The most beautiful salon in all of Scottsdale. My dress was custom made and Destiny's Bride did such an incredible job! They are friendly and really know how to dress a bride! I wouldn't trust anyone else on my wedding day. Their selection is incredible and everyone is so friendly. The only thing that I was minority upset about was the fact that I paid $200 for alterations. My alterations did not meet $200 and yet they would not use the rest of that money for my custom work (sleeves). In the end I had to pay $680 for my custom work on top of the $2500 I paid for the dress and veil.

Sent on 01/30/2014

Destiny's Bride's reply:

You looked so amazing!!! I truly appreciate your review...Thank You!
    In regards to the alterations. I would like to respond if that is ok. Our alterations are guaranteed never to exceed $350. Yours were only $180....which is pretty cool since alterations in the valley can range from 500-1000. The Lace certainly didn't come cheap :-) The designers really do make it very expensive. Wish they would give us all a break. That was a good $420.00 of it, straight to them. The seamstresses charged only $175.00 to create the sleeves and lower the back. So even with such a wonderful remake..the store only charged $355.00 which is only 5.00 over our maximum for alterations alone. Just wanted you to know where your money went because I want you to be happy with everything here at Destiny's.

Destiny's Bride was the first shop I went to to try on wedding gowns and I couldn't have had a better experience. I brought several guests along with me and the shop was super accommodating to our group and to my indecisiveness. I had no idea what I was looking for and they helped me narrow it down and learn about all the different shapes and styles of the gowns. After visiting over 20 other salons (yes, 20!) in AZ and NYC, I ended up coming back to Destiny's Bride to purchase my gown. I had had such a wonderful experience there working with Lisa and her team and their selection was the best I found. I would recommend Destiny's Bride to anyone and everyone!

Sent on 09/28/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

xoxo! Such an amazing compliment!!! Especially after 20 stores. As a store you never know what other stores are doing, so I found this to be so helpful. Thank you!!
    Lisa

They are amazing in every department! The owner saw me and said she knew exactly what I wanted... I didnt believe her at first until she brought the dress out. It was the one!

They also have an area that deals with mens wear which is amazing as well!

Sent on 09/25/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

I believe I got lucky :-) So glad you found one, and that I was the one who made it happen. That is the favorite part of my Job!!!

Maria · Married on 10/25/2013

Going into Destiny's bride, I was nervous because I had a couple negative experiences at other bridal stores, I was alone because my family and bridesmaids live out of state, and I had little knowledge of bridal dresses. But on a whim I walked into Destiny's and Lisa greeted me with such warmth and made me feel so comfortable! Completely different than the other places I had been so far. They happened to have an opening so she told me to come right on back and I tried to describe to her in my limited dress vocabulary what i thought I was looking for. She listened and went to pull a dress for me....it was PERECT! The very first one, I tried on multiple other dresses for good measure and just to make sure, but the first one was it. I told her she was my fairy godmother because she was so amazing and add it such a great experience. The alterations were also great. Lisa and everyone else at Destiny's were truly amazing and my dress was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/31/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Love you too!!!! Reading these reviews make me feel soo good! Think I am going to have to do this every morning to brighten my day. Smiling. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Regina · Married on 10/05/2013

My bridal dress experience at Destiny's Bride was AMAZING, and I would without a doubt recommended this shop to every future bride!! They have a great selection of beautiful dresses to choose from, all within different price ranges, and they also have great bridal accessories! They are also conveniently located next to other bridal related shops so you can literally find your shoes, other dresses (bridesmaids MOB, flower girl, etc) men's tuxes, etc.
    From the moment my mom and I first walked into the store, we were immediately taken care of and Lisa and her team made me feel so welcome and comfortable every time I visited. Everyone at the shop is extremely helpful and you can honestly tell they all genuinely care about you and your decision in picking the most important dress of your life! :)
    I absolutely love my wedding dress!!! They did a gorgeous job on my it and they fit it perfectly to my body and it fit like a glove. I felt soo beautiful on my wedding day, and a huge part of that is because of how I felt in my wedding dress!! I could go on and on... there just are not enough words I can use to describe how wonderful my experience was at Destiny's Bride... Lisa and her team are truly amazing at what they do!!

Sent on 01/14/2014

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Awe! You all are why we do this! Thank you so much!!! My seamstresses do everything in their power to make a dress fit perfectly. They truly do care so much, and I love it when I see them acknowledged for the effort.

• User2207468 · 2+ years ago

Destiny's Bride was the perfect place to buy my dress! We walked in one day over a year before my wedding while I was in from out of town just to browse, and to our surprise, my dream dress was there (and was 50% off that day due to a sale if I bought the floor sample!) On top of that, I was able to customize the dress in a number of ways for a flat fee. Rose and her alterations staff were amazing at every fitting and my dress came out perfectly (and beautifully pressed) on our wedding day!

Sent on 07/09/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Rose will be so glad to see this review!!! She presses each and every gown here at Destiny's Bride and truly takes her time making sure it is perfect! Thank you for the kind words, it does make the difference to us. We enjoy hearing that we accomplished our mission to make brides dreams come true.

Larissa · Married on 05/12/2013

Destiny;s Bridal boutique was amazing. I bought a Lian Carlo dress through them only 3 months before my wedding. This is actually a vwery short amount of time to order a wedding dress luckily the shop owner had a Lian Carlo representative in the shop that day and they both assured me i would have my dress on time. And i did. They not only delivered my dress on time but they made the alterations on time as well and i was not charged a rush fee. I called the shop owner a few times and she would give me updates on the dress which was very reassuring since we were so short on time.

Sent on 05/29/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

I have to Thank Lian Carlo for this one! They are one of my favorite designers and certainly made it possible. Rushes are very hard and your patience was truly appreciated!

Thank you so much for the kind words! Glad everything went well and you had fun on your day! It truly was a pleasure serving you.

Thank you so much!
  • Kari

Kari · Married on 05/04/2013

I had a wonderful experience at Destiny's Bride. I looked at other dress shops (where I also received good service) but Destiny's Bride had the dress I ultimately ended up buying. The lady who helped me with the initial purchase was very knowledgable and sweet (she no longer works there). She also helped me pick out all of my accessories. I bought both the gown and accessories at trunk shows, which helped me save quite a bit of money. The real experience with Destiny's Bride though was with their alterations department. Rose and Martha are absolutely wonderful! I have severe scoliosis, so alterations are always a nightmare. Not so here! Rose and Martha paid very close attention to my body's asymmetry, and made sure to account for it while making the changes. Also, between my first and last fitting, I lost some weight. The wedding was in two days, so I almost panicked when the top of the dress was too big. I should have known not to worry - Martha pinned the dress up and worked overtime to have it ready for me the next day. The dress fit like a glove!!! It was absolutely perfect! Everyone commented about how well it fit me, and even though it was strapless, I didn't fidget with it once at our wedding. In addition to the great job they did, they're also wonderful people. Rose is so kind - it really made the whole process very enjoyable. I highly recommend Destiny's Bride to future brides!

Sent on 05/25/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Good ole Rose! Don't know what I would do without her. It is always so nice to hear compliments about alterations. It is a very tough job and our seamstresses strive so hard to insure the perfect fit for our brides. I am so blessed to have them...o and Rose :-) Truly a lucky business owner.

Lisa

Rose saved my wedding dress! After dealing with AZ Bridal Warehouse (DISASTER) I called Destiny's Bride from a random google search. This was 2 days before my wedding w/ a dress that needed serious pressing. She was flexible & did everything she could to help me. She was my LIFESAVER! She was friendly, accommodating & did an amazing job on my dress! THANK YOU ROSE! I will suggest everyone check out Destiny's Bride, the experience will be amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

Another wonderful review of Ms. Rose! Great to see!!! So lucky to have her at Destiny's Bride and so lucky to have such wonderful brides say such nice things about her and the store.

Thank you!!!! Glad we were able to help...we do enjoy it!

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2013

My whole wedding dress experience was made so special due to getting it at Destiny's! The tailoring experience was also great and my dress looked like it was made just for me. I love that they could tailor it the week of the wedding. The staff are all committed and so pleasant to work with as well.

Sent on 04/19/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

xoxo Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I enjoy hearing them so muc.

Pictures? We would love to see them :-)

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 03/30/2013

I was very pleased with my dress buying experience!

Sent on 12/15/2012

Thank you so much!
  • Whitney

Whitney · Married on 02/16/2013

As the mother of the bride.....I can not rave enough about the entire staff at Destiny's Bride. LISA the OWNER is a gem among gems. If I lived here...I would want to hang out and be friends. :) She treats you like you are her only client. They go above and beyond to make every detail perfect. I highly recommend Destiny's Bride!!! The sweet gal who did the alterations is also amazing....they had to take apart the dress and made it even more beautiful! Everyone at the wedding said they had never seen such a lovely bride and such a fabulous dress. Lisa knows what to pull and knows how to make every bride feel like a princess on their special day.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have done to make Whitney Morgan Ast-Stein's day perfect!!

You guys are AWESOME!!!

Jacque, Mother of the Bride

Sent on 02/18/2013

Destiny's Bride's reply:

you made me cry :-) Thank you so much!!! i already miss seeing you guys...bring pictures. xoxo Lisa