DestinationWeddings.com Reviews

DestinationWeddings.com 5
DestinationWeddings.com 6
DestinationWeddings.com 7

Christina · Married on 12/15/2018

Dont think, just do it and have a destination wedding

I cannot say how much my (now) husband and I appreciate all Tracy Espina did for our wedding. Once we got engaged, I contacted Destination Weddings and was fortunate enough to work with Tracy. She was amazing! She gave us resorts in our budget and helped us make the best choice possible. I do not regret the resort we chose (Sandos Playacar) and would do it all over again. From the beginning stages of planning until we returned home from Mexico, Tracy was always available via email or phone. I was worried about planning a destination wedding and kept going back and forth with the idea, however I do not regret it whatsoever. We had 24 family and friends show up and it was a fun time. Tracy kept in touch with all of us throughout the process and kept me in the loop when communicating with my guests. I can honestly say once I left the states to get to Mexico I didnt have a care in the world. Our Lomas Travel service was there and waiting for us and our guests when we arrived. A couple of my guests were single female travelers and were a little concerned about going to the wrong place, however with the information Tracy provided and Lomas Travel all of our guests got to the resort without any issues. I could go on for days about my experience but the most important thing I will say is Tracy and Destination Weddings were extremely helpful. You will not regret reaching out, I feel like they went above and beyond in our experience.

Sent on 12/18/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and congratulations on your recent wedding in Mexico. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and are thrilled to hear yTracy Espina was so helpful throughout the planning process for both you and your guests. Please be sure to think of us for any future travel plans!
  • Cat

Cat · Married on 11/17/2018

BEST decision ever!

This experience couldn't have gone any smoother! Our coordinator was Alison M. She was the first person to respond to me a year ago, she took my wishes and provided me with a list of resorts and their pros and cons. She provided me with her personal photos of these resorts and if she hadn't been to one, she used co-workers photos and asked their opinions to share with me. She ended up delivering the PERFECT resort- Unico 20 87 in Riviera Maya, Mexico.
    On top of that- she helped make sure that their wedding planner was always responsive with me. And caught errors in communication/dates that I did not even catch myself. Alison kept in contact with all 80 of my wedding guest attendants and was always available to help or answer questions(and some of them had LOTS of questions).
    During the wedding week a year later- a lot of people had flight delays and cancellations due to weather at home and Alison helped all of them coordinate their rides and make sure someone was there to receive that at the airport no matter what. She helped with each of their individual crisis like it was no big deal!
    I would 100% recommend using destination weddings. They are on your side and helping you find exactly what you want at the best price. I hope you get Alison as your coordinator as well :) She's truly the best and was a life saver.

Sent on 11/21/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and congratulations on your recent wedding! We're glad to hear Alison was able to provide such great services for both you and your guests throughout your planning journey and travels. Please be sure to think of us for any travel needs in the future!

Martha Hancock · Married on 11/12/2018

Very professional and knowledgeable. Friendly with everyone!

Sandy Stirling made our daughter's wedding in Mexico a perfect day. She went the extra mile to help our family and guests in any way possible. She is professional and a people person. I would recommend her services for a worry free holiday and wedding to all.

Sent on 11/26/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're thrilled to hear Sandy Stirling was able to plan your daughter's wedding and help with all family and guests' travel arrangements. Best wishes!

Shelly Jones · Married on 11/12/2018

Beautiful Wedding Day

Everything was well organized and the accommodations were lovely. The day of the wedding was a beautiful day! The setting down by the ocean was very tranquil. The flowers arrangements were beautiful and the three men playing their guitars to Mexican music was a lovely added touch! The reception was very elegant, the food was delicious and even the DJ was great!!! A good time was had by all!!! Thanks to Sandy Stirling, she was a very gracious hostess!!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to leave a review! It's great to hear the celebration was well planned by Sandy Stirling; we're thrilled everyone had a great time! Please be sure to think of us for any future travel plans.
  • Ryan

Ryan Naresh · Married on 11/05/2018

Seamless & Easy

Once my husband and I agreed on having a Destination Wedding, the next step was trying to figure out "The How's" of it all. A family member had previously used DestinationWeddings.com and recommended their services to us. Once we completed the easy questionnaire online, our Certified Destination Wedding specialist Sandy Stirling contacted us.

Some logistics of our wedding to put Sandy's services into context. We had both a Civil Ceremony in October 2018 and a Destination Wedding November 2018 in Mexico. Our destination wedding was a fusion of Hindu and Western Ceremonies, including a Haldi Ceremony, Sangeet, and an English Wedding Ceremony & Reception. The events in Mexico at Dreams Puerto Aventuras spanned over 3 days and attended by close to 100 guests.

Sandy was responsive from the beginning. On our initial phone conversation (and a few after that), she clearly walked us through the process of planning a destination wedding. She provided different resorts that matched our specific criteria for our wedding and took care of our entire guest’s booking (approximately 100 guests including children), payments, correspondence and everything in between including specific airplane seating, specific rooming accommodations up to and including ensuring the resort was aware and accommodated dietary restrictions (food allergies & religious).

Sandy was very organised from the beginning in assisting us plan our wedding. She kept an ongoing itinerary that she constantly updated and sent to us for review and approval. Sandy continuously met and spoke with us to keep us on track with deadlines. Through her experiences, she helped us make decisions that we would often overthink. Sandy was supportive of our ideas and provided feedback on ways to incorporate these ideas into our wedding. Sandy took the stress out of planning one of the most stressful events in a couple’s life.

Sandy seamlessly dealt with the transition of our wedding planning between three different co-ordinators at the resort. She was always persistent in getting the answers to our questions and confirmed (then re-confirmed) their responses. She ensured we had everything in writing which helped ensure we were all on the same page leading up to the wedding events.

Once we got to the resort, Sandy was in constant contact with the wedding co-ordinator at the resort. She was present throughout all of the events. She took care of all the prep and organizing of the items that we brought from Canada that needed to be set up for all our wedding events. She was always present and able to answer any last minute questions/additions/changes we had.

Dreams Puerto Aventuras was a great option for our wedding. It met the main criteria we were looking for in a resort including – a medium sized resort, family friendly with a child care option, 24 hours room service and disco. The service for our wedding was outstanding. Our final resort wedding co-ordinator Paola was such a joy to work with. She along with Sandy made our wedding seamless. Paola and the resort staff provided numerous surprises throughout the events that made it that much more memorable and special. The food was exceptional and décor was impeccable and tasteful. They made it clear that wanted our wedding to be a success.

Our destination wedding was everything we envisioned it to be and then some and we have Sandy through Destination Weddings & Paola from Dreams Puerto Aventuras to thank for that.

We would and will recommend Sandy, DestinationWeddings.com and Dreams Puerto Aventuras to any future wedding couples.

Sent on 01/07/2019

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Congratulations and welcome home! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with Wedding Specialist, Sandy Stirling. We are also thrilled you enjoyed your stay at Dreams Puerto Adventuras. We wish you the best and hope you think of us for travel plans in the future!

Lyanne · Married on 09/22/2018

We are very pleased with our experience with Destination Weddings. Our coordinator, Amie Dillon was excellent! She was very knowledgable, always quick to respond emails, and very patience with us when we had 100 questions to ask. Totally recommend. =)

Sent on 09/30/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! We are thrilled you had a wonderful experience working with your Wedding Specialist, Amie Dillon. Please be sure to think of us for travel plans in the future!

Katie · Married on 09/21/2018

Our wedding coordinator, Tracy Espina, did an amazing job. She worked effortlessly to accommodate my needs and was very responsive. Since I chose my destination wedding in Cancún, it was comforting to know I can talk to someone who had experience and knowledge booking weddings in Mexico. I highly recommend Tracy to anyone who is looking to book future destination weddings. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/28/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience planning with your Wedding Specialist, Tracy Espina and loved your stay in Cancun. We wish you all the best and hope you consider us for travel plans in the future!

donnise · Married on 08/24/2018

My wife and I were married at The Generation resort "In The Sky" located in Riviera Maya Mexico. Everything was perfect! We got to say "I do" over looking beautiful blue water and white sand. Our wedding was definitely a dream come true. Our family & friends won't stop talking about how much fun they had during our stay in paradise. The over all experience we shared was amazing they made us feel like a royal couple. We would like to thank Sally Martinez so much for all your hard work and dedication! If anyone is ever looking to have a destination wedding don't hesitate to contact www.destinationweddings.com

Sent on 09/13/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 16
    DestinationWeddings.com 17
    DestinationWeddings.com 18

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience planning with your Wedding Specialist, Sally Martinez, and loved your stay at Generations Riviera Maya. We wish you all the best and hope you consider us for travel plans in the future!

Nikita · Married on 08/11/2018

My sister and went to my friends wedding
    It was beautiful very well organized any updates I was informed I received emails until the last day to travel
    Recommandation 100%

Sent on 09/16/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback! We're very pleased to hear your sister's wedding went off without a hitch and that you received great customer service from your Travel Specialist! Please feel free to think of us for future travel plans.

TOm · Married on 08/04/2018

My wife and I were married at the Dreams Resort in La Ramana and we booked it through Destination weddings! Incredible experience. They took care of all the details so my wife and I could spend our time relaxing and not stressing. With a number of different packages to choose from and the world just a mouse click away, I would highly recommend their service but also a destination wedding in general. Hope this was helpful. Congrats everyone getting married!

Sent on 08/29/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review, and congratulations on your recent wedding in the Dominican Republic! We're happy to hear your planning experience was stress-free. We hope you think of us for any future travel plans! Best wishes.

Kelsey · Married on 07/13/2018

We had the most AMAZING experience working with Christine Sholander from DestinationWeddings.com. Our communication began about a year ago when we decided the “traditional” wedding route wasn’t for us. We put our info in on their website on a Sunday night and had an email from her the next morning. We set up a time to go over our story, our interests, and possible locations we would want to travel to. Once we settled on Mexico/the Cancun area, she was able to send us pictures and details for her 5 recommended resorts. We spent a few weeks looking through everything, speaking with family, and finally deciding on our resort. Christine was so patient with our decision making timeline and answered all of our questions within a few hours. Once we selected the date/time and location, we signed our contract and blocked out rooms for our family. We had a link with booking directions to send family and friends (and put on our Knot website!). The booking aspect is where we feel forever grateful to have Christine on our team….. she booked our entire wedding party (80 people!) with ease. She was just as great with her communication to them, as she was with us. She introduced us via email to our on-site wedding coordinator, Martha from El Dorado Royale, which would be a part of our wedding team at the resort. Martha provided emails and PDFs full of info and told us to take our time deciding what we wanted our special day (or week in our case) to look like. Christine was copied on all of these emails and was so on top of our communication. Fast forward 6 months later and I was finally ready to make decisions. (Again, super thankful for everyone allowing us to make decisions in our own time and not rushing us!!) We picked out center pieces and food, ceremony décor, etc. About 2 weeks prior to the wedding we had a phone call with Martha to go over EVERY detail of our wedding week…. which included a Welcome Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding Ceremony, Reception, and Catamaran Cruise.

Sent on 08/02/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 26
    DestinationWeddings.com 27
    DestinationWeddings.com 28

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for submitting a review and congratulations on your recent marriage! We are pleased to hear you had such a great experience planning your wedding at El Dorado Royale with your Wedding Specialist, Christine Sholander! We hope to assist you with travel in the future. If you're interested in sharing your photos with us for a chance to be featured online, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com!

Mina · Married on 07/07/2018

Michelle from Destination Weddings made the planning process effortless for us. She was so friendly and accommodating. Highly recommend allowing her to help with the planning process.

Sent on 09/15/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 29

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with your Wedding Specialist, Michelle Thurston. We wish you the best and hope you think of us for travel plans in the future!

Sarah · Married on 07/04/2018

It was a pleasure working with this company. We had Terri Nash as our representative, and she was super helpful and very nice. It was easy to get on the payment plan and payments were taken out monthly. It made affording the trip easy. We leave in a month, and I’m super excited! I definitely recommend this company for all of your destination planning and guiding your guests. I’ll write an update after I return from the wedding!! Yeyyy!!

Sent on 07/08/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for your review! We love to hear what a wonderful experience you are having with your Wedding Specialist, Terri Nash. We wish you all the best and hope you consider us for future travel arrangements!

Morgan · Married on 05/27/2018

Kim Short was our destination wedding.com coordinator/planner and she was AMAZING! We had 30 guests who attended our wedding/needed help booking their rooms and flights and she was very helpful when any of them needed anything at all. I had narrowed it down to 3-4 resorts and she was able to tell me all of the pros/cons so I could make my final decision. She was excellent about responding back to emails/calls in a timely manner and I trusted her 100%. I would highly recommend this site and Kim. Our wedding at Secrets Maroma in Riviera Maya, Mexico was beyond amazing because of all the planning this site did before hand with the rooms and deals.

Sent on 06/01/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and congratulations on your recent marriage! We are thrilled you had a wonderful experience with your Wedding Specialist, Kim Short and a great stay at Secrets Maroma! We hope you keep us in mind for your future travel plans.

Les · Married on 05/11/2018

Natalie Bradford was amazing at putting our destination wedding together. We had about 40 guests and she booked most of their flights, transportation and rooms for them with no charge. She was also very responsive anytime we had questions about the resort or wedding package. She also made she we had lots of perks for booking through her. We received several free room upgrades and discounted rates. Thanks so much Natalie!

Sent on 05/28/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We love to hear you enjoyed planning with your Wedding Specialist, Natalie Bradford. We hope you keep us in mind for travel plans in the future! We love featuring our real wedding couples on our blog. If you're interested, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com.

Karen · Married on 05/05/2018

We had such a great experience booking with destinationweddings.com! We had our wedding at Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort and Spa. Shelley Keeney was our wedding specialist and she was amazing! After getting everything booked she handled booking all our guest which was definitely one less stress for me! Even all my friends and family raved about how sweet and helpful she was! It was great communication up until the wedding! We had a couple of issues with the hotel, and Shelley went above and beyond to work her magic and make sure that the issues were solved. Thanks so much Shelley! You are amazing!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 30
    DestinationWeddings.com 31
    DestinationWeddings.com 32
    DestinationWeddings.com 33
    DestinationWeddings.com 34

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and congratulations! Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with your Wedding Specialist, Shelley Keeney! We hope you keep us in mind for travel plans in the future. We'd love the chance to feature your wedding on our blog or magazine. If you're interested, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com. Best wishes!

Shayla · Married on 04/28/2018

This entire experience was made seamlessly easy from the very beginning to the end because of our amazing wedding specialist, Joan Sandberg. I knew I wanted to have a destination wedding, but I had no clue where to start. I stumbled upon Destination Weddings on the interwebs and took a chance. I am very happy that I did. Joan provided the professionalism, work ethic, and communication needed to plan a wedding with a person you have never met face to face. I couldn’t be happier. She had the task of dealing with the many personalities that are my family and friends. She exceeded all expectations. Thank you for everything Joan!

Sent on 05/16/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 35

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for submitting a review! We are elated had a wonderful experience with your Wedding Specialist, Joan Sandberg. We wish you all the best and hope you keep us in mind for future travel plans! We invite you to please send your wedding photos to weddingstories@destinationweddings.com if you're interested in being featured online!

allana · Married on 04/28/2018

Destination for sure!

My husband and I would like to thank Destination Weddings and most importantly our direct contact Melissa Shah for the wonderful experience. From our first point of interaction with Melissa and Destination Weddings we have experienced nothing but great service. From picking a country, to finding the right resort, to getting all our family and friends connected and ready to attend our special day…it was all perfect. Having a destination wedding was definitely the right choice and we recommend anyone that is thinking about it to stop thinking and just do it. The resort we picked was extremely professional and catered to our every need which made our wedding day perfect. Thank You Melissa, Destination Weddings, and BlueBay Grand Esmeralda for a beautiful experiences!!

Sent on 11/13/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are so pleased you enjoyed your planning experience with your Wedding Specialist, Melissa Shah, and loved your stay at BlueBay Grand Esmeralda. We wish you all the best and hope you consider us for travel plans in the future!

Kristen · Married on 04/27/2018

We came across Destination Weddings through a google search and we are extremely fortunate that we found them. Nancy was our destination wedding specialist and did an amazing job from start to finish. When we connected with Nancy we weren't even sure where we wanted to get married. She was very helpful in providing suggestions and information that helped us decide on the Riu Palace, Cabo San Lucas. From the moment we had our first introductory call with Nancy to the day of our wedding she was extremely responsive and attentive to the needs of all 44 people within our group. We were extremely impressed with the thoughtful emails we received just prior to leaving for our wedding and on our wedding day, it was a nice personal touch that made us feel like truly cared about the success of our week. The same could be said for the staff at the Riu Palace, everything exceeded expectations which is why we are already talking about going back for our 5 year anniversary. I would highly recommend using Destination Weddings to plan your future wedding because they are extremely knowledgeable, friendly, patient and will take away any or all of the concerns you might have. Thank you guys so much for everything!

Sent on 05/27/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and congratulations! We love to hear what a wonderful experience you had with your Wedding Specialist! Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We hope you keep us in mind for travel plans in the future!

Lindsay · Married on 04/16/2018

I can not say enough good things about our experience with our destination wedding coordinator Amanda Santorelli!!! I told her how I envisioned my wedding and she found exactly what I was looking for all within our tight budget. Las Caletas in Puerto Vallarta exceeded our expectations and the resort Sunscape Puerto Vallarta was a hit with all of our guests ranging from 4-70 years old. Amanda was amazing every step of the way and I would highly recommend her for anyone trying to plan their destination wedding. Thank you for making my dreams come true!!!

Sent on 05/31/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 36

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. We are so pleased you enjoyed planning with your Wedding Specialist, Amanda Santorelli! If you're interested in having your wedding featured on our blog, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com to get started. Congratulations and we wish you the best!

Erica · Married on 04/14/2018

My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams! We knew we wanted to have a beach destination wedding since day one, but we were not quite sure where to start. My cousin had a destination wedding and recommended destinationweddings.com! Adeline Estrada was our wedding specialist and she was absolutely fabulous! She was professional, detail oriented and always on top of everything! Thank you destination weddings and thank you Adeline for our dream wedding!!!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 37
    DestinationWeddings.com 38
    DestinationWeddings.com 39
    DestinationWeddings.com 40
    DestinationWeddings.com 41

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Welcome home and congratulations on your recent wedding! We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with your Wedding Specialist, Adeline Estrada. Thank you for submitting your review and we hope you think of us for future travel plans! We'd love to feature your photos online! Please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com for more information.

Shannon · Married on 04/08/2018

We had our wedding in the Riviera Maya a few days ago, and started our planning with Destination Weddings last March. I talked with a couple of coordinators with different companies, but was extremely impressed with the service and attention to detail that was provided by this company from the beginning. This made me decide to go with them and I have to say the service was top notch throughout the whole process. Our coordinator Nancy was consistently available to answer endless questions from us and our wedding guests and was able to organize a large group of 53 people traveling from multiple locations in Canada and the United States. She found us a beautiful resort that was within everyone's price range and allowed for options for everyone. We also required some specific rooming requests which she was able to help accommodate. Our wedding was the best day of our lives and went even better than either one of us had anticipated as we didn't know what to expect going in to the destination wedding experience. I would recommend destinationweddings.com to anyone who wants to plan a magical day in a tropical location!

Sent on 04/18/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Congratulations on your recent marriage! We love to hear what a wonderful experience you had working with us. We appreciate you taking the time to submit your review and we hope you keep us in mind for future travel plans. If you're interested in sharing your wedding photos with us, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com for a chance to be featured online!

Megan · Married on 04/08/2018

We just got back from our wedding and honeymoon at the Dreams Playa Mujeres Resort in Cancun and the words perfect and epic don't even begin to describe it. The wedding was breathtaking and the planning that went into finding our dream location, booking our wedding and rooms for all of our friends and family was a breeze thanks to Jennifer Maynard at Destination Weddings!

From start to finish we had a wonderful experience, it's like having a wedding planner without paying for a wedding planner AND you get the wedding of a lifetime! Everyone that came had the time of their lives! My dad said it was the best experience he had had in years and everyone that was married said they wish they had done a destination wedding and everyone that's not married wants to do one! I told them they had to go with Destination Weddings!

Jennifer took the stress of planning a wedding away and made it a fun and much simpler process than what any of my other friends that have planned weddings went through. Any hiccup that happened along the way Jennifer handled quickly so that we didn't have to worry about it. My husband and I could not be more thrilled with the results and the fun we had along the way planning our wedding thanks to Jennifer and Destination Weddings. I wouldn't want to get married any other way! Is it too early to start planning the vow renewal? Because I'm ready to do it all over again!!

Sent on 04/19/2018
    DestinationWeddings.com 46
    DestinationWeddings.com 47
    DestinationWeddings.com 48

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for your review and congratulations on your wedding! We are so pleased to hear you had a wonderful experience working with your Wedding Specialist, Jennifer Maynard and you had a wonderful stay at Dreams Playa Mujeres! We hope you will keep us in mind for future travel needs. We would love to feature your beautiful wedding photos online! If this is of any interest to you, please email weddingstories@destinationweddings.com. Best wishes!

Charlene · Married on 04/07/2018

What a great time we had in Mexico at the Excellence Rivereia Resort. The servers were wonderful, the food was great and the destination was second to none. It changed my views about Mexico as a wedding venue. This resort was truly outstanding. The help from our wedding planner was superb! Natalie was an A+ counselor for us. She did everything in a grand and professional manner, even our "quirks!"

Sent on 04/12/2018

DestinationWeddings.com's reply:

Thank you for your review. We are thrilled you enjoyed working with us and had a wonderful stay at Excellence Riviera! We hope you think of us for travel plans in the future!