Destination Catering & Events Reviews

27 | Key West, FL

27 Reviews for Destination Catering & Events

Holly Leitner · Married on 03/06/2020

Kind people

I want to thank Destination Catering for being so wonderful throughout our whole wedding process. We actually had to cancel our March 21, 2020 wedding due to CO-VID, and they refunded everything 100% just five days before our big day. It was heartbreaking to have to cancel our dream wedding (just eloped instead due to time constraints), but their understanding and flexibility was heartwarming. Not to mention throughout the whole process how responsive and helpful they were. If we ever do an event in KW, we will be calling you! Thank you!

Sent on 04/19/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/14/2019

Professional staff and Delicious Food!

We hired destination catering for our wedding at Fort Zachary Taylor. I was initially impressed by the chef’s personal phone call in the beginning to offer an individualized menu and flexible pricing. I then worked with Abby while planning and signing contracts from miles away! I didn’t even schedule a tasting because we live in Indiana. I will say I was so impressed with how delicious the food was and how professional the entire catering staff was. It blew me away!

Sent on 06/15/2019
  • Betsy

Betsy · Married on 03/03/2019

Destination Catering was a fantastic choice

We just got married 3/3/19 at Fort Zachary Taylor, and I cannot recommend Abby and Destination Catering enough. They were very responsive via email in the months/weeks/days leading up to the event, and they were able to accommodate our guests' dietary needs easily. The staff on site were very thoughtful, kind, and professional. Most importantly, though, the food was DELICIOUS. We went with a beach BBQ buffet, and everyone was genuinely raving about the food (especially the lobster macaroni and cheese).

Sent on 03/07/2019

Betsy,
    Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. We truly appreciate your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you.
    Abby

Devin · Married on 04/22/2017

We recently held our wedding in Key West in April and used destination catering to cater our meal and reception and did they ever go above and beyond! Superb service, Amazing jerk chicken and key lime pie, the meal was hot and on time, the open bar was well stocked, and they even helped us rearrange our venue due to weather conditions. Not to mention... we really didn't give them much notice before hand as we didn't call to book until a couple weeks before. They were very quick to respond and flexible to meet our needs. Also, our venue (Key West Garden Club) wasn't going to tell us about a concert going on at the time of our wedding right next door until Destination Catering advised them that they should. It is clear that Destination Catering really focuses on giving their customer the best experience possible and they exceeded our expectations in every way! Thank you so much for everything Warren and Abby!!

Sent on 06/10/2017

Destination Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Devin. It was indeed a pleasure working with you. Cheers!

Cortney · Married on 04/23/2016

Working with Warren and Abby at Destination Catering was the best decision we could have made. Chef Warren is extremely talented and everything we tasted was delicious. It made it hard to narrow down a menu- they can literally make anything and will make your culinary dreams come true. I also appreciated that they have a pastry chef on staff and it made planning and execution of cake and dessert seamless. Their onsite staff was attentive and professional.

Sent on 11/29/2016

Set up went without a hitch and the food was absolutely wonderful. All of our guests were very impressed. Chef Warren did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend him for catering for any event.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Thank you!

Emily · Married on 12/19/2015

Chef Warren and his wife Abby were amazing. I had a very small, intimate wedding and I hired Chef Warren and Abby for food, rentals, and set up. Everything was AMAZING. The food was delicious and fresh. The set up was beyond anything I could have imagined. They took my ideas and created something I didn't even know was possible. I am beyond happy with their service and would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding in Key West.

Sent on 01/19/2016

Destination Catering & Events's reply:

Thank you Emily, for taking the time to write a review.

Jeremy · Married on 11/14/2015

It was great working with Destination Catering. Their staff was professional, easy to work worth, and the food was fantastic.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Thanks Jeremy!

Carolyn · Married on 03/14/2015

Chef warren was a pleasure to work with. He had an amazing group of menu's to select from and was able to come up with our perfect menu. He wasn't an approved vendor for our location at fort Zach, but he got the necessary paperwork in order without any problems. He even gave my husband and I a special treat - we had wanted to add oxtail to our menu but felt like not all our guests would appreciate it, so he made us a dish to share. Everything was delicious and he was so kind. I can't thank him enough!!!

Sent on 03/18/2015
  • User4796209 · event on: 12/26/2014

I planned a surprise baby shower for my daughter while our family was spending Christmas in Key West. Warren was always professional and most importantly responded quickly to my emails. I live in San Francisco, so we handled most of the planning with email and a few phone calls. It was a fantastic experience.

The food and drink was delicious, and Warren, knowing that we were in a rental home, also provided beautiful serving trays and holders.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Daniel · Married on 12/10/2014

I was assured that Destination Caterer wouldn't need my oven, stove, refrigerator or any other facilities. I simply assumed he had things in hot boxes and ice chests. Then he pulled up with a FULL KITCHEN! It was AMAZING. Everything he needed he had right in his own facility. All he needed from me was the space to lay out the incredible dishes and the carving table.

I've never dealt with a caterer so well prepared to handle an event. I can't say enough good things about him or his employees. It was top notch.

-Dan Reynen
    WeBeFit Personal Training
    (Catered Business Guild Mixer at my facility and home with approximately 100 guests on 12/10/2014.)

Sent on 12/11/2014

Susan · event on: 10/06/2014

As the office manager of the Lower Keys Chamber of Commerce I received completely positive feedback on every aspect of the catering by Destination Catering & Events of Key West, Florida. The food was exquisite, the presentation tremendous and the service unsurpassed. I highly recommend Chef Warren for any event where you want the best.

Sent on 10/15/2014
  • User4410832 · event on: 09/03/2014

Our event was a management team outing aboard a 41' catamaran sailing out of Key West Harbor. Chef Warren prepared a top notch feast for the team, including delicious food and plenty of drinks. He made it all easy for us, meeting the yacht at the dock and setting up all the food and drinks in the main cabin. It could not have been more perfect. My guests were all happy, and he made me look good.....what more could I ask for?

Sent on 09/19/2014
  • User2508947 · event on: 08/14/2014

Chef Warren and his staff arrived early to start the prep and stayed until the last dish was clean and put away. We were on vacation and wanted a special dinner for my husband's birthday. They exceeded all of my expectations! The staff were well dressed, attentive and knowledgeable. The food was fantastic and beautifully presented. We had hors d oeuvres, salads and a plated dinner followed by dessert. I arranged for three choices of entrée and three salads as we have a family of varied tastes. I was worried this would be difficult to manage but they did it seamlessly! I would highly recommend Chef Warren and his "crew."

Sent on 08/17/2014

Chaunda · event on: 08/02/2014

Everything was great from the beginning to the end. The food and service were perfect. The atmosphere was made even better by the caterer(Chef Warren) and his staff because of their friendliness and attention to detail given not only to the food and service but their ability to cater to the specific needs of the guests.

I highly recommend Destinations Catering and Events to anyone no matter how small or how large the event is. I doubt they will disappoint.

Bravo!!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Angelia · event on: 08/02/2014

Excellent!!! Chef Warren and staff catered my destination 50th birthday party for me and my guests in Key West, Fl. I have to make one thing clear, I am a type A personality, I take charge and I like to be in control, which means at times I can be very demanding and hard to satisfy. So I have and to give kudos to Destination catering for satisfying this Type A personality. The food was beautifully arranged and seasoned to perfection, I could not have been happier unless I cooked it myself...LOL. The blackened fish and beef tenderloin were magnificent and the penne with cognac sauce was raved about by everyone. I would definitely recommend Destination Catering to anyone without hesitation. Hats off to Chef Warren, Chef Randle and Travis for making my 50th birthday, "an affair to remember."

Sent on 08/10/2014

Debra · event on: 06/29/2014

This was a pleasant evening and the food was delicious! Warren was very professional and catered to the needs of diners there.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Denise · event on: 06/07/2014

My anniversary party could not have turned out better. I am still recieving compliments about the food. Chef Warren and his staff did an amazing job. Warren had said all I had t do was show up and he was right!

Sent on 06/26/2014

Ron · Married on 03/25/2014

Chef Warren was wonderful. I would highly recommend him for any event you are having in the Key West area. Our guests love food and are very hard to please. But, Chef Warren hit a grand slam. Everyone is still talking about the food and service. Chef Warren even went out of his way to make some special sauce for my daughter. Just can't say enough good things about how Destination Catering took care of us. The best part, we are in Michigan. Destination Catering is in Key West. When ever my wife called, Chef Warren got right back with her and everything he said he would do, HE DID. THANKS SO MUCH CHEF. Ron and Donna Bila

Sent on 04/10/2014
  • User4932372 · event on: 03/20/2015

Chef Warren was an exceptional person who exercise every avenue to make this event memorable, affordable and very unique. I highly recommend his services for any event. AMUST GO PERSON!!!!!!

Sent on 04/01/2015

Mark · event on: 06/28/2014

Destination Catering provided a quality experience with just the right mix of hospitality, great ingredients, and professional presentation. The event was a success in large part due to the professionalism of Warren Leamard.

Sent on 06/30/2014

Cheryl · Married on 07/25/2015

Warren was very flexible as to menu I wanted. Food was delicious and presentation perfect. He was efficient and very sociable with guests! I would recommend him for any type function.

Sent on 08/06/2015

Paul · event on: 11/07/2014

3.5

Destination catering was extremely flexible and tailored to our specific needs and budget. They offered a wide variety or food and provided a full bar.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Anna · event on: 06/28/2014

Destination Catering and Events catered a 5 course dinner for 6 at my house. I did not have to lift a finger and my kitchen was left cleaner than when they arrived! For the main dish two guests were vegetarians; two guests were served lamb chops and two were served fish. Everyone was served at the same time, which can be difficult and all of the guests were in agreement that the food was cooked perfectly and the presentation was very pleasant. I would definitely use them again and recommend them.

Sent on 07/10/2014

Joe · Married on 11/14/2014

4.2

The food and service provided at the ceremony was close to perfect. EVERYONE enjoyed the food and staff and I have no reservations about hiring Destination Catering for future events.

Sent on 12/01/2014