Desirees Custom Sewing Reviews

Desirees Custom Sewing 2
Desirees Custom Sewing 3
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/02/2010

Dress came out Perfect- Desiree was polite and professional. Great overall experience.

Sent on 11/09/2010

Abbey · Married on 09/11/2010

Ms Desiree was wonderful to work with! I was nervous I had ordered my strapless dress too small, but she assured me if I had gotten it a size bigger I would be pulling my gown up all night. She helped me make a simple gown very elegant by adding lace at the bodice, hemming it. adding a bustle, and adjusting the bust. Her prices were very reasonable. She works out of her home which is spotless and she schedules one on one appointments with you for the fittings. I would recommend her to any brides in the Hampton Roads/ Richmond area!

Sent on 10/27/2010
  • boogie_boosie08

Shannon · Married on 08/06/2010

Ms. Desiree is a Wonderful and affordable seamstress. I found her looking on wedding wire after I went to a seamstress business and they wanted to charge me an arm and leg for my dress alterations. I was so impressed with her knowledge of fabric and designers. The person I originally went to pinned my dress in a manner and was going to cut fabric from my dress. Well Ms. Desiree uses a pattern where she tucked the fabric so I can possibly sell the dress later on. Her professionalism and quality of work was impeccable she showed my matron and bridesmaid how to bustle my dress correctly. I also lack breast so she sew in some pads in my dress so my dress would be full. When my girlfriends saw me come out of the room with my dress on their mouths were wild open they were so amazed. The only issue I had was my bustle wouldn’t say in place at the wedding but the dress was so beautiful on me I didn’t mind it dragging behind me, I really wanted the princess/queen look!!!!! She completed all of my alternations weeks before my wedding. She really impressed me. I HIGHLY recommend Ms. Desiree for ALL alteration needs. Thanks for everything Ms. Desiree

Shannon Smith

Sent on 10/10/2010

Oma · Married on 07/31/2010

Ms. Desiree did a fabulous job on my wedding dress! Everyone commented on how beautiful it is, little did they know how much alteration went into it. It fit like a my body like a glove and i was very happy. She is so talented at what she does with a wonderful personality! I will definitely recommended her to any bride in the tidewater area that needs alteration. I cannot say enough good things about Ms. Desiree..she is just so awesome!

Sent on 08/07/2010

Emily · Married on 05/29/2010

Wow! What can I say about Desiree! She saved me and my wedding dress!!!
    My husband and I were married in a civil ceremony last year (2009) in Canada, as he is in the Navy and was off for deployment, but we began planning our bigger, family & friends wedding immediately. I found my wedding dress right away and it was perfect. But, what we didn't know, was that a little surprise would be on the way as of January this year. We were expecting! But how was I going to fit in my dress at 5 months pregnant??!! Thankfully, I found Desiree's Custom Sewing! She removed the entire zipper in the back of my dress and created a lace up back with a modesty panel. She saved my dress and kept the integrity of the design - you would have thought the dress was made like that! I would highly recommend Desiree for all your sewing needs!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2010

Desiree was wonderful. She is one of the nicest people I have ever encountered. I was l30 minutes late for my first fitting, because I had written the wrong time down. She attempted to call to make sure I was coming, but I did not have my phone on. I'm sure her first impression of me was terrible! Desiree never said a word about it and was so helpful and wonderful the whole time. When I realized my mistake, I called and apologized for the misunderstanding. No problem. I was on time when I went to pick up the dress. We were all so excited. The veil and dress were perfect!

Sent on 06/28/2010

Anna · Married on 11/14/2009

Desiree took my wedding dress in over 2 sizes and created a master piece. I danced the night away and it stayed in place comfortably. She worked with me and my schedule!

I have used Desiree's seamstress services in the past over the years and will continue to use her in the future!

Sent on 12/14/2009

April · Married on 10/03/2009

My dress needed altering and I chose Desiree because of her wealth of experience in wedding dresses. Boy am I glad I did! During the fitting she noticed that the buttons on the back of my dress would pull to one side as a I walked or moved around. Upon further investigation she determined that the fabric panel had been cut the wrong width on one side of the dress. There was no time to buy a new dress and I started to panic. She calmed me down and assured me that everything would be fine and she would fix it. The dress was amazing when she was done with it. She even added a bustle! I received compliments all night due to her handiwork. Her prices are terrific and just knowing that she is a true professional helped to calm me more than anything could. I would recommend her time and again. Thank you Desiree!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2009

Ms. Desiree is an EXCELLENT and affordable seamstress. Having bought my dress in a sample sale, my gown needed a couple of repairs and alterations. After receiving a quote of $450 from a local bridal salon, I began to seek alternatives. Thanks to wedding wire I found Ms. Desiree. She was able to make all of the alterations, repairs, and even added a bustle to my dress for a fraction of the cost quoted by the salon. Not to mention the quality of her work was impeccable and her work was complimentary to my designer dress. I HIGHLY recommend Ms. Desiree for all your alteration needs.

Sent on 08/27/2009
  • mrsedwards

Kristy · Married on 06/26/2009

Desiree is an AMAZING woman. I brought her a dress that was 2-3 sizes too big, was a very fragile fabric and needed a lot of rebuilding. She worked with me every bit of the way. I always felt comfortable in her home and am so pleased with the transformation of my dress. I truly feel that you would not get the same service at a dress shop or sewing shop. She is very personable and informative about what could and could not be done. I even called her one day after a fitting wanting to change something and she took my that same day! I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is looking for someone to alter a dress.

Sent on 04/14/2010

jeanne · Married on 06/07/2009

Desiree is wonderful to work with! I found her on this website and was so glad I did. I wore my sisters dress that she used 12 years ago when she got married and amazing enough we are very close in size and I just needed to have the hip area taken in because my sister is taller. Desiree does this out of her home and she makes you feel so comfortable. I actually forgot to pick my dress up on the day we had arranged and she went out of her way to reschedule with me. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 06/09/2009

Brittney · Married on 05/16/2009

Desiree is amazing at what she does, I am 5'10 ish and my dress was almost 2 inches to short she hand sew lace all around the bottom of my dress it made it more original unique and even more beautiful, she is deff the best for anything. Deff go see her!!!

Sent on 12/09/2009

Brandi · Married on 04/09/2009

Desiree did the alterations for my wedding dress and my sister's Maid of Honor dress. From the first phone call through the final fittings, Desiree was professional and knowledgeable. She listened to what we wanted done with our dresses and then made recommendations on how to best achieve the results we were looking for. The fabric and design of my sister's dress was a little tricky to work with, but the results were amazing, you can't even tell the difference between the original dress and where Desiree worked on it. Desiree promised both dresses would be done in two weeks and they were finished right on time.

Desiree was a pleasure to work with and I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone needing alterations. I told my soon to be Mother-in-law about Desiree and she had her dress for the wedding altered by Desiree as well.

Sent on 04/11/2009

SUSANNA · Married on 10/11/2008

Desiree was so professional, yet she added her personal suggestions to make a dress I depised to a dress I love. She is an expert and perfectionist in her detail. I will use her for all of my alterations. Thank You so much Desiree! Even when I came to you a couple days before my wedding, you saved me. You are apart of my happy wedding memories. Thank you!!!!!

Sent on 10/15/2008

Judy · Married on 08/24/2008

I had special ordered my dress from Hawaii, when I received it I tried it on and I couldn't get it on, it was to small with a no return policy. I found Desiree and I was in a panic,she assured me she could help. I met with her within a few days and a week later she had fixed my dress to perfection!!!! She is awesome, easy to work with and a wonderful lady!!! I would highly recommend her!!!!!!

Sent on 09/16/2008

Kristen · Married on 07/26/2008

My dress turned out gorgeous. Everyone complimented me on how great it looked. Desiree had great idea's on how to change the dress to my liking.

Sent on 09/13/2008

Tammy · Married on 06/14/2008

Desirees Custom Sewing is the best place to have your dress alteration. She had such great attention to detail and really took her time to explain the process to me and to give me multiple fittings along the way with each step of the process to ensure the perfect fit. I highly recommend Desirees Custom Sewing for all of your alteration needs.

Sent on 09/13/2008

Jen · Married on 01/17/2008

Provides fast service at a fraction of the price of local tailors/seamstress

Sent on 09/21/2008

Danielle · Married on 09/03/2016

Desiree used to make bridal gowns and now works out of her home for alterations. She was recommended to me by a family member and I am so happy that I found her. She was attentive to detail and helped in every way to make my gown fit me like my dream wedding dress. I would absolutely recommend her to a friend and will continue to use her for my alterations in the future.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Talia · Married on 05/27/2012

Ms. Brown is the queen of alterations! Every wonderful thing on this site about her work is tue, and still does not do her justice. I can not say enough good things about her. Not only was the turn around time only 2 weeks, but the wedding dress came out better than I could have ever imagined! All I said is I want it to fit like a glove and she knew all the right place to pinch and tuck. She pays attention to all the small details in order to make the dress just right. For example, my bustle. She sewed the buttons in under some folds so you could not event see them. Ms. Brown is incredibly good at what she does! Not only is she good, but she is highly professional, honest, and sweet. We communicated a lot before hand and she was always very timley in her responces. I have a few other weddings I will be in this year, and will defintley be returning to her for any needed alterations!

Sent on 02/25/2012
  • Benita

Benita · Married on 10/01/2011

Desiree's custom sewing was amazing! Mrs. Brown did an excellent job, was quick and she is the nicest person!! I bought a dress online that needed a few alterations, a bustle, and a zipper fix. She did a great job! Then, my friend had her dress altered there also! I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 01/05/2012

Marina · Married on 11/25/2010

I went to Desiree's based on good reviews, and was not disappointed. I'll echo what others have already said: she's professional, does quality work and focuses on one bride at a time. A bonus is that she is a very nice person who's pleasant to work with. And, bottom line, my dress turned out beautifully in all respects.

Sent on 12/09/2010

casey · Married on 09/08/2018

Desirees custom sewing was by far the best experience and least stressful dress alterations I've dealt with. Her work is extremely professional and she did an amazing job on my dress and I absolutely cannot wait to wear it! You will not be disappointed:)

Sent on 08/28/2018

Suzanne · Married on 10/15/2016

I bought my dress out of state and had a hard time finding alteration recommendations from friends in the area. So I literally Googled bridal gown alterations and found Desiree's Custom Sewing. She had the highest ratings online over any other area seamstress, so I was beginning to think maybe she wasn't real. However, I still took a giant leap of faith and called to make an appointment. She was very nice and personable on the phone, asking a variety of questions. She then asked for me to email a photo of the dress, and she replied with her estimates. I bought my dress on consignment, so I needed the hem to be taken up a few inches, and the bust to be taken in. During the first fitting, she was very professional and made me feel comfortable. When I went to pick up my dress 4 weeks later, it fit like a glove and the final cost was a lot lower than the estimate (yay!) I am so glad I took a chance on choosing Desiree. I would highly recommend to any bride in the Hampton Roads area.

Sent on 05/09/2016

Kayla · Married on 04/22/2018

Desiree was a joy to work with--did a professional quality job out of the welcoming atmosphere of her home. My mother and I did separate research looking for alterations and both came up with her as our first choice. She definitely did not disappoint. Dress looks perfect and customized to what I wanted at a good price.

Sent on 03/22/2018