Designs by Yu Reviews

34 | San Gabriel, CA

34 Reviews for Designs by Yu

Lynda · Married on 03/12/2016

My husband and I are so happy with the service Virginia provided for us. We wanted modern invitations with a simple elegance feel to them and got just that. I knew the style I wanted but didn't know how to achieve it so Virginia gave many samples and was very patient when I kept changing my minds. She responded to our email and questions promptly as well. The invitations were packaged beautifully and came with a handwritten note which added a nice personal touch.

Sent on 05/02/2016

Connie · Married on 01/10/2015

We used Designs by Yu for our custom made English/Chinese wedding invitations. Our invitations were a bit complicated, but Virginia was patient with us, gave us wonderful suggestions, and worked with our budget. Virginia is very talented and detailed so the finished product is absolutely amazing. We even had a last minute emergency where we need to order more cards and Virginia made it her priority to get those to us ASAP. We got them the very next day! Outstanding customer service!! Everyone loved our wedding invitations because of how unique and professional it was. I definitely recommend Designs by Yu invitations for any occasion!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Virginia was great to work with. She designed boarding pass wedding invitations for us, and they turned out just the way we wanted. They were so good that some of our guests thought they were actual boarding passes! I would definitely go to Designs by Yu if we need invitations done in the future.

Sent on 08/24/2014

Brian · Married on 09/13/2014

Virginia couldn't have made the process of wedding invitations/stationary any easier! Custom designs, very reasonable pricing, insanely fast service, and overall probably one of the most painless parts of the wedding planning process. I would recommend Designs by Yu to anyone and everyone looking for the extra special touch for their wedding.

Brian & Jessica Bernards

Sent on 09/08/2014

C. · Married on 07/26/2014

Virginia, from Designs By Yu, was great to work with on our wedding print needs. She was very professional & easy to work with. She was able to customize our invitations, programs & wedding favor tags to match the theme of our wedding. It made our wedding day extra special. We would definitely refer Designs By Yu to our family & friends for any customized invitation or stationary needs.

Sent on 12/08/2014

cambria · Married on 07/12/2014

Designs by Yu was wonderful, we loved our invitations. She was fast and so helpful along the way.....

Sent on 02/28/2014

Mariana · Married on 07/06/2014

I had my save the dates, invitations, thank you cards and menus from Designs by Yu. I was looking for some help with my invitations because the templates available online did not meet my needs. I am having two wedding receptions and not all guests are invited to both events.

Virginia, the designer, helped me conceptualizing the invitations and designed the stationary according to my vision. She is so nice to work with and was extremely accomodating to my tight deadline.

I am totally recommend Designs by Yu to my friends.

Sent on 06/08/2013

christina · Married on 04/17/2014

Virginia is AMAZING! She is so sweet and SOOOO easy to work with. We told her about our vision and she rolled with is and made our vision come alive! We could not be happier with the end product!!!!!! We totally recommend Design by Yu to everyone and anyone in need of unique one of kind stationary for any occasion!!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Justin · Married on 08/23/2013

Designs by Yu takes customer service, appreciation, and satisfaction very seriously. We are extremely happy with the design and outcome of our invitations and wedding program poster.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Elaine · Married on 06/01/2013

Designs by Yu was such a pleasure to work with. Virginia was able to create exactly what I wanted with our invitations, RSVP cards and place cards. She was professional and helpful throughout the whole process, even when I wanted to change things last minute because I didn't like what I had originally thought I wanted. She always had such a great attitude about everything and was always willing to do what she had to in order to provide us with what we wanted.

Sent on 06/05/2013
  • W

Winnie · Married on 05/26/2013

Virginia is very creative with the invitation designs and provide her customer with great ideas and feedback. I love how she listens to our needs and work on a budget with us which I greatly appreciated.
    If you are looking for a bilingual invitation (I did Chinese and English), Designs by Yu is highly recommended. Thank you so much Virginia for all your help.

Sent on 04/24/2012

Lisa · Married on 05/25/2013

Designing our wedding invitations and stationery was one of the easiest tasks of the wedding and it was all thanks to Virginia and Designs by Yu.

From our first conversation with her, we knew that she was the perfect person to design our invitations as she was extremely personable, professional and made us feel at ease. We didn't have a specific design in mind but knew which design elements we wanted to incorporate. A few weeks later, she sent us a FABULOUS proof that encompassed everything we asked for and more. The entire process from reviewing the proof to finalizing the design was so painless. Virginia responded promptly to our questions and made revisions very quickly.

If you are looking for amazing custom wedding invitations and stationery, I'd highly recommend Designs by Yu. You won't be disappointed!

Kenneth · Married on 05/25/2013

Right off the bat, I'm condfident to say Designs by Yu is a fabulous vendor! My wife and I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for that certain type of invitation that has the right touch of artful imagination that is so hard to find these days. Her suggestions from layout, lining of the envelopes, to even the material used for tying the invites together exudes finess and talent in her craft. We researched and looked at a multitude of samples, gave her a gist of what we liked, and through our first meeting and some of her guidance we had laid out a majority of how the invite was going to look like; the process was altogether pain free. Virginia at Designs by Yu had a quick turn around time and was ultra-responsive with communication. I would definitely recommend her to anyone which was why we gave her such high marks.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Vince · Married on 02/02/2013

Designs by Yu is the quintessential place to go for your invitation needs. Virginia has the perfect eye for creative design and attention to detail. She not only cares about each and every client's needs but is also a joy to be around.

Dorothy · Married on 01/26/2013

Virginia is an absolute pleasure to work with! Her designs are so fresh and creative, and she really does an excellent job at getting her clients what they want. Her passion shows in the outstanding quality of her self-made invitations, providing a unique and gorgeous product. I will use her again for other needs - her baby announcements, Christmas cards, and party invitations are just as great as her wedding invitations!

allen · Married on 12/30/2012

Virginia created beautiful invitations, seating chart, placecards, and table numbers. we loved how everything turned out! She helped out on the small details so that we wouldn't need to stress on the big day. Thanks again!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Carol · Married on 10/06/2012

Virginia created beautiful invitations that reflected who we are as well as the tone we set for the wedding. The consultation was great - Virginia really listened to our vision as well as our concerns, and the end result was even better than I had hoped. Our guests loved them!

Sent on 09/09/2012

Erica · Married on 10/06/2012

Working with vendors can be tough in general, working with a vendor you have never met might seem to be asking for trouble. When we recommended to Designs by Yu we were cautious, yet after one phone call we were convinced this was the artist for us. We spoke about our vision for invitations and Virginia took those ideas to an entirely different level. The best part was when we had to reign in the ideas a little bit for budget reasons, she was able to work with us to help identify which areas could be reduced without sacrificing the quality of the final product. Even better she allowed us to do the assembly ourselves to save some of her labor costs.

But all this doesn't come close to the best part of what Virginia did...she made our Save the Dates and Invitations magical. Our theme was from the Pixar movie Up, and thus for the Save the Date she recommended a balloon tied to a stick (that was actually printed on a card), and then a quarter size Adventure book as our formal invitations. She pulled off our goal of classy yet still fun and whimsical. We can not say enough about Virginia who was extremely easy to work with, very flexible and appropriately priced.

Thank you Virginia for all you did for us!!

Anna · Married on 08/18/2012

Virginia is the best!! Her work is amazing. She is friendly, responsive, and professional. We got numerous compliments on our invitations. And she's willing to work with a budget. Her work is modern, classy, and beautiful. I would recommend her to EVERYONE!

Sent on 09/07/2012

Ellen Sue · Married on 07/28/2012

Virginia is amazing to work with and truly talented. My hubby is an artist and was very picky about what he did not want - within 10 minutes of meeting with us, she knew exactly what we were looking for as a couple. The design of our invitation was spot on and almost too good to be true! We went with her first draft!!!

We also came to her to for our seating chart, escort cards, menu and program and loved how everything was weaved together seamlessly. The guests loved the stationary so much, I saw people grab their cards and menu before leaving - as a bride, it made me beyond happy! She also helped us with our Save-the-Date (which is the BEST one ever created, if I do say so myself) and our thank you cards. When the printer messed up one line of our seating chart colors, Virginia was very proactive about correcting the error and even delivered the final product herself. She is absolutely wonderful to work with. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/01/2013

Anne · Married on 07/21/2012

We LOVE our invitations, and so do all of our guests - we've received many guest comments that our invitations are not only beautiful, but also one of the most clever and unique anyone has seen! Many thanks to Virginia for the quality and value of her service. You can't go wrong on this one - highly recommended!

Sent on 06/11/2012

Karla · Married on 07/07/2012

Designs by Yu provided an excellent service. Virginia was very understanding and effective with our timeline. We were very impressed with the level of professionalism and effectiveness. Would definitely continue to utilize for future events.

Lisa · Married on 06/30/2012

My husband and I had a great experience with Designs by Yu. Virginia was helpful with helping us pick a design that suited us. She had tons of examples. Virginia allowed us to take things that we liked from a variety of invitations to create our own. I loved that she created an example before printing the invitations. We will use Designs By Yu for future events!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Shu-Chi Susie Liu · Married on 06/09/2012

Overall Virginia was great. She was very willing to accomodate my request and budget. Very professional, definitely delivers what she promises plus more. Being that she is out of town from me, we had to rely everything on email and phone, and there were times where we just had to make a judgement call (ie. color of invitation), and she was great in giving me an honest opinion and had a great eye to for design. Delivers project completion on time!

Sent on 03/02/2012

David · Married on 05/26/2012

We are so happy that we used Designs by Yu for our wedding invitations! When we first met with Virginia, she had a lot of samples to help us figure out what styles we liked and asked key questions that gave her a better idea of what we wanted to incorporate into the invitations. She's extremely organized with her paper, ribbon, and font options which helped a lot. We also didn't have a set color scheme, and she was very flexible in providing the proofs in different color combinations so we could see which we liked best. The one thing we appreciated the most was that she responded quickly to emails and was always very accommodating to our requests. She also was willing to work within our budget. Would DEFINITELY recommend Designs by Yu!