Designs by Oochay Reviews

Designs by Oochay 3
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful florist!

Uche is very professional, organized, and responsive. We contacted her throughout the process and felt like she was with us every step of the way. She created a gorgeous chuppah for our Jewish wedding and was able to repurpose the flowers for our king table at the reception. We really appreciated that she met with us and our wedding venue coordinator a month before the wedding- she helped ID different things we hadn't even thought about! We had some disappointment with the flower type variety/deep color but after speaking with her we realized that this hot summer was just not great for creating the types of flowers we expected (dahlias). We recommend you keep your vision wide and open-minded so that you don't expect something in particular. Also, save your original signed proposal so that you can reference it later. Uche and her team were prompt in their delivery and even delivered the flowers to two locations. She set up the flowers so beautifully on our cake!

Designs by Oochay 4

Katelyn · Married on 09/23/2017

Uche is so sweet and she captured my vision EXACTLY! Everything came out absolutely beautiful, and she made it all work within y budget. I received so many compliments throughout the night on my flowers. I can't say enough how beautiful everything was.

Claire · Married on 05/20/2017

Uche was absolutely incredible!! I only had a few photos in mind from pinterest to start, and she took this to the next level. Not only did she stretch my budget, but she went above and beyond making our day come to life. Center pieces were stunning, and the bouquets were GORGEOUS!! I would highly recommend using her!

• O

Ola · Married on 04/15/2017

I was totally blown away. My expectations were definitely exceeded. I would definitely recommend. It's thumbs up all the way for me!!!

Courtney · Married on 10/08/2016

Uche is amazing! Stop looking here for a florist and hire her..... Full Disclosure - I am totally a cheapo - I was NOT interested in spending a lot of money on flowers. Uche was SO NICE and SO FRIENDLY and was totally accepting about working with my budget. She came to a venue visit to meet with me and was awesome at creating a vision for the wedding. She picked all the right flowers and everything came through on time. It was wonderful. Uche is tops!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you so much Courtney! I had a blast working with you!
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 10/01/2016

I cannot say enough how amazing it was to work with Uche. From the time we met, at the initial consultation, she was immediately in tuned with my vision for our wedding day. From putting together a vision board, to obtaining and signing contracts, making payments, down to the set up and execution of the wedding day, everything was seamless. I was completely blown away when I walked in to the ceremony and reception spaces. Uche and her team completely exceeded our expectations.

Jenna · Married on 09/17/2016

There aren't enough words to describe how wonderful our flowers looked on our wedding day! Uche was so easy to work with and really respected our budget (which can be hard to find!) We trusted her completely and didn't even provide many specifics for flowers that we wanted. She used her obvious talent and creativity and delivered flowers that were beautiful and exactly in our taste and style! Everything from the bouquets to ceremony decorations to centerpieces were flawless. We couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Oh Jenna! Thank you so much! I had a lot of fun getting creative working for you both! Thank you for allowing me to honor you on your wedding day

Nancy · Married on 09/03/2016

My hubby and I were both honestly just speechless! Uche is amazing- her work and her as a person. When I say that she made all my dreams come true on our wedding day, it’s an understatement. She blew our minds to Jupiter and then Mars. We thank Uche so much, she literally made our whole wedding. When I began my walk down the aisle I just couldn’t believe my eyes looking at the ceremony site – JUST GORGEOUS! I was again blown away at the reception area (as Uche had some surprises up her sleeve) I also had to fight my own mother over my bouquet because it was so beautiful she wanted to keep it for herself! Also very important she worked extensively with me to tweak our budget to get the most out of it and in the end I just left everything to her because she works hard to understand exactly what your vision for your day is. Everyone keeps asking us who did our wedding décor because they had never seen anything like it, even the coordinators at our venue raved about her work. I almost forgot to add that we didn't have a planner and Uche also helped/advised me in areas she didn't need to just to make things go more smoothly for us on our day. We HIGHLY recommend Uche, she will not disappoint you in anyway. We know for sure that God will bless this business and it will flourish beyond your wildest dreams. We love you Uche and thank you so much once again, we can never forget you and your work!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Oh Nancy! How kind and sweet of you! Your review definitely brought tears to my eyes and I am so humbled and grateful for your trust in us. Thank you for trusting us to execute your dream wedding! All the best and love!

kristina · Married on 08/06/2016

Uche of Designs by Oochay was amazing. We had been told by several florists this past summer "we can't do those types of colors for a summer wedding". But not Uche; she right away knew what to do. And the colors were PERFECT. She really knows her stuff. The bouquets were absolutely GORGEOUS. We lucked out with her and everyone else should too! She also dealt very well with all our last-minute emails with changes we wanted. We did wish she had stayed at the venue a bit longer after she dropped our flowers off, as we had some ongoing questions on the packaging (we figured it out!) But throughout the craziness of our wedding morning, Uche was perfect; the flowers were perfect and all the amounts of every bouquet and corsage were perfect.

• laura

laura · Married on 08/06/2016

Uche did a phenomenal job with our wedding flowers! She created such fabulous bouquets for me and my bridal party, with beautiful centerpieces, and decor for the cake table, etc. She really brought my vision to life. The flowers were so romantic and organic, they matched my color scheme perfectly, and were more than I was hoping for. She did a fantastic job of incorporating thistle, which was particularly sentimental to me and my husband. I had multiple last minute changes and Uche was so accommodating, flexible, and willing to work with us to make everything come together. We are so glad we hired Uche and would highly recommend her and her team!

Sent on 09/13/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you so much Laura for your kind words and for trusting us to bring your vision to fruition! You were such a joy to work with and I'm so grateful at the opportunity to have worked with you! All the best and love!

Kennie · Married on 07/16/2016

Uche was by far easiest and sweetest vendor to work with! She worked within our budget and created a beautiful atmosphere at our wedding reception. I didn't feel pressured into what i didn't want or feeling like I needed to spend more as some of the other vendors made me feel. As a stressed bride, she more than a Godsend! Would and certainly will recommend DBO

Mikki · Married on 05/29/2016

Hmmm... where do I start with Uche. Meeting her was like meeting a kindred spirit. I had a vision and she took it and made it a dream. She was always a call, text or email away. No matter how late in the evening. Uche is the most creative, flexible and giving vendor I had the pleasure of working with for my wedding day. She kept calm in difficult situations, was very resourceful and professional. Her work is remarkable. She works hard and smart.
    There are vendors that do whatever they want to do even after telling them what you don't want. There are vendors who are one dimensional and cannot think outside the box. Uche is not like that. She puts you the bride/celebrant first and advocates for your vision (Which is very important when you are busy wearing a poofy white dress ??).
    I will choose her a hundred times over. After working with her, I feel like I gained a sister-friend. You won't regret using DBO. EVER!!!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

It was a pleasure working with you Mikki! Thank you so much for your kind words and trust in DBO. We had a blast executing your dream wedding

Monica · Married on 04/21/2016

Can I give Designs by Oochay 10 stars! If I could I would. Aside from marrying my husband the best part of my wedding was the flowers and décor. From day one Uche helped my vision come to life, she is very professional and worked within our budget. She helped me decide which flowers would go best for what I was looking for and I couldn’t have been happier with the results. My bouquet was simple and elegant exactly what I wanted. For our first look at the reception hall I almost cried it was so beautiful. Every little detail was executed to perfection. The color scheme, the lights and centerpieces were absolute breathtaking. Everyone was blown away at how gorgeous the décor was. I will recommend Designs by Oochay to everyone I know. Thanks again for making my day nothing short of a dream.

Sent on 05/05/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Monica! It was a pleasure working with you to bring your vision to life. All the best and love!

Abi · Married on 04/03/2016

Uche did a great job with the florals for our wedding! I gave her a general color scheme and theme for the bouquets and center pieces and let her do the rest. The outcome was beautiful and captured the feel that I was hoping for! She even added special touches that brought the space to life even more! Even better, Uche worked within our budget to make it all happen. I highly recommend Designs by Oochay!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you Abi for your kind words! We love to surprise our couples with something unexpected on their wedding day! I'm glad you loved it!

Jennifer · Married on 03/25/2016

As a bride sometimes you get to meet great people and become friends with your vendors.. And this is what happened to me! @designsbyoochay I want to thank you for making my dream come true on the day of my wedding, you made every little detail I wanted look more amazing than I imagined! I couldn't possibly thank you enough for the beautiful design.. I know you put your heart out for our wedding and I am more than grateful! I wish all the best for you and your team, God has great plans for you!

There are no words to express of happy I was with everything Uche and her team came up with.. She was able to capture my vision better than I could!

Thank you for your kind gesture of hand delivering my bouquet when I was getting ready! Watch out wedding world.. She is the best!

Sent on 08/02/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Oh Jen! I had a ton of fun designing your wedding and working with you. Thank you for trusting us to execute your dream wedding. All the best and love!

Renee · Married on 11/14/2015

Oche met with us and within a few minutes captured my vision for my decor. She then made some cost effective changes to help us stay within our budget. Can I say.....WOW, she and her team made it look like we spent a Million bucks! The room had been transformed into an elegant, classy and sassy venue. Awwwwwwwwwww was the common comment when guests walked in the room. Thanks Oochay Designs, I understand some attendees have contacted you and have already hired you for their future events! The best to you. Thank you so much! #blakepartyof2.

Larry and Renee Blake

Sent on 12/20/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Renee. You looked absolutely beautiful on your wedding day. So glad we were able to exceed your expectations.

James · Married on 11/14/2015

Uche is awesome! She took all of our ideas and executed them beautifully. From our first conversation to our meetings with caterer and other vendors, Uche always made sure the vision and theme for our wedding was intact. She did amazing things with our budget and people are still talking about how gorgeous the wedding was. If you're looking for a florist or event designer, we would definitely recommend. She's is passionate about her work and it really shows!

Sent on 02/06/2016

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words James! You and Connie were an absolute joy to work with!

Laureni · Married on 05/30/2015

Oochay was AMAZING!!!!! I absolutely loved my flower back drop which was used at both my ceremony and reception. My guests were so amazed they we literally lining up to take pictures in front of the flower wall. it was just breath taking. i could not waste that beauty so i was able to save a few of the flowers which are now hanging over my bed. So I have a daily reminder of how beautiful my special day was thanks to the Amazing Oochay!!!! Will definitely recommend her and absolutely use her services again in the future.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! I'm so happy that you are able to relive your wedding every time to look at the flower backdrop on your wall at home. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and I am grateful for your trust in me :-)

Lara · Married on 05/16/2015

DBO truly is the cream of the crop. Uche is well versed in her craft and she walked me through every aspect of my event. Working with DBO was stress free and everything looked great. I couldn't have asked for a better company to work with.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. You were such a pleasure to work with and I'm so glad everything turned out beautiful! :-)

Emily · Married on 04/11/2015

Uche was simply outstanding. From the time of engagement when I had no idea what theme to use for the party to putting together a plan that worked well with our budget. She definitely adds that extra "IT" factor. The final result exceeded our expectations. Thank you so much!

Shola · Married on 03/28/2015

So I hardly ever write reviews, but I had to make an exception for Uche and her work.

Simply put - Uche is amazing! I am not especially creative, or at all creative, and I needed someone who could execute something I wasn't even aware I wanted. She does that and so much more. Uche pays so much attention to detail, which is very important to me, is very creative (elevates the most basic ideas and materials into something special), was able to work with my (limited) budget, and has great customer service.

If you need a floral designer who is affordable, creative, attentive, and awesome, Uche is your girl!

Sent on 04/03/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. Your wedding was beautiful! It was a pleasure working with you :-)

Abby · Married on 09/05/2010

This review is long overdue. I hesitate to actually write it because I would honestly love to hog one of the best keep secrets in event design for myself.

Uche is quite frankly one of the most creative and professional designers I have come across. She works to fully understand your vision for your event or floral arrangement and always takes it a notch above what you will ever expect! It's like she has magic hands and everything she touches turns out so beautiful!

Designs by Oochay is also very reasonably priced and has not only helped me with florals but has designed dessert tables and worked to create a cohesive theme for my events.

Do not hesitate to contact her. You will not regret it!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure working with you :-)

Rola · event on: 12/20/2014

The designer is very professional. She listens carefully and executes your vision to the fullest. She's creative and I was very impressed with her work.

Sent on 03/24/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad we could be a part of your event :-)

Gloria · event on: 12/14/2014

I used Designs by Oochay for my 60th birthday party decor and I am so glad I chose this vendor. Uche was such a joy to work with. Her love and passion for decor really made the process so easy. She is very creative and suggested ways to save me money without sacrificing the look and feel I wanted. She and her team worked so hard to bring my vision to life. My guests were also very impressed with how intimate the decor made the event look -which is what I really wanted. Thank you for such an awesome job!!

Ree · event on: 05/03/2015

Omg .......beautiful beautiful beautiful flowers. I wanted to add some spunk to my bf's dinner party and Designs by Uche exceeded my expectations. Uche was on time, down to earth, and the roses along with all other flowers brightened up the atmosphere. She gave my bf and I a few tips on how to keep the roses alive and they lasted for about a month which was weird to me because I usually have to throw them out within a week or two. Anywhoo I recommend Uche for all events that you may have and I personally cannot wait to get married so she can bless me with some bouquets......

Once again. Thanks Uche xoxo

Sent on 05/18/2015

Designs by Oochay's reply:

Aww! You're the best! Thank you for your kind words. It was such a pleasure working with you! Xoxo