39 Reviews for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management

Signage (2)
Chandeliers (1)
Hanging Decor (1)
39 Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Reviews

If we had to do it all again I would choose Designs by Nishy. The speed that she responds to emails is amazing. Nishy is very creative and bought my vision to life. We had a few last minute hiccups (no fault of Nishy) and the guest were unaware as she is very professional.

Profile Picture Georgina, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Hanging Decor, String, Day-Of Coord., Delivery, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design, Setup, Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Vases

Nichelle is the best, she so professional and responsive! If it wasn't for her my dream would of never came true, I really appreciate her. The best customer service I have ever had, I would recommend her to anybody!

Profile Picture Ariel, 8/15/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Great working with Nichelle and team. She provided rehearsal, day of coordination and decorating/design services. She understood our needs to keep the decor simple but elegant. She was flexible to work within our budget, responsive, organized and paid attention to the details. She kept everyone on schedule and adapted to changes as needed. At first, I was a little nervous because I was planning a wedding from a distance and all our communication was over email but everything turned our beautifully.

Profile Picture Diahna, 4/21/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Chandeliers, Dance Floor, Outdoor, Uplighting, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Floral Design, Setup

Designs By Nishy did a great job coordinating our wedding. We have never been to Jamaica yet Nichelle made the process easy. Any questions we had were answered right away to but our mind at ease.

Profile Picture VIckie, 1/11/18, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

We appreciate all the time, effort, communication, and love that Designs by Nishy had shown us from the very start of our search for a wedding coordinator/florist to the end of our wedding day! Nichelle is a professional when giving consultation regarding weddings, and we were more than pleased by her prompt responses, attention to detail, and competitive pricing. We felt so comfortable with her suggestions for floral design, backdrops/drapery, and décor just by her communication via email, phone, and constant exchange of photos. She willingly changes any plans per the couples needs and ideas, which takes a lot of patience, and was courteous in her responses. If there was something we wished to have in a photo, she sought the vendor(s) that would provide them for us. We were especially grateful for her assisting us with a last minute emergency requiring documentation for a religious wedding ceremony at the church in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Being that we had planned a destination wedding from Chicago, we were pressed for time to provide what was necessary to be wed in a church, and she had pulled every contact in the book to make our day happen as we had wished it to be!
Nishy had contacted us upon arrival into Jamaica, was present early on the day of the wedding with all the set-up scheduled and ready, assisted during the religious ceremony, and was by our side through the end of the evening! She was very well organized with the scheduling of events that when a delivery of flowers had been delayed from the states into the island, she had immediately prepared an upgraded set of floral arrangements to be ready for our big day without an extra charge. She is a genuinely a caring soul and gives freely of her time. She even continues to communicate to us still to this day after the wedding, making us feel very special. Her passion to plan, coordinate, and design special events is evident in her planning, delivery of services, and décor/arrangements. Highly recommended!

Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Bride and bridesmaid bouquet
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Great Gatsby themed dinner settings
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Uplighting for centerpieces for the evening
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Checkered floor for Great Gatsby theme
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Sweetheart table initial setup
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Bridal bouquet w jewelry
Photos
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Sweetheart table arrangements
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Sparklers for introduction of bridal party
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Flower girl baskets and Groomsmen boutonnieres
Photo for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Review - Church floral arrangements
Profile Picture Andrelma, 1/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Nishy is very professional and responds rapidly to any query that you may have. I say this because my husband and I experienced this; Nishy answered all the questions that we had and even provided advise on certain things that we were unsure of, which I must say definitely helped.

Whenever we required a change (which was multiple times) Nishy was always patient and understanding in addition to remaining polite at the same time.

If Nishy did not have anything that we required she was honest about it and would offer alternatives in order to accommodate our visions and requirements. She was also very flexible in terms of allowing us to have an input on certain aspects that she was unable to provide or perhaps we were not comfortable with and that meant a lot because not all wedding planers would do that.

The fact that Nishy provided all that she had promised we respect that, not only did she deliver what was asked of her but she showed and proved to be genuine, kind and friendly. I asked Nishy so many questions and even repeated her answers back to her many times for clarifications and she answered every time with no hostility.

Nishy made our day memorable and beautiful, she understood what we required and delivered it 100%

I recommend Nishy to any one who wishes to get married here in Jamaica. Another thing- I actually trusted in Nishy's work from the moment I found her website while looking for a local wedding planner and I was proven right.

So thank you Nishy for everything, your work deserves the positive recognition.

Profile Picture Darnelle, 12/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Nishy is an amazing planner. I would recommend using her services for the entire wedding from finding other vendors to decor on the day of. She is easy to reach, responds quickly to emails and phone calls and is very professional. I am glad we used her services for our wedding. We were planning our wedding in Jamaica from across the way in Boston and it was extremely helpful to be able to rely on Nishy to take care of all the details concerning planning and decor. Our wedding day set up was lovely, just as we hoped it would be. If we had to do it again we would definitely choose Nishy.

Profile Picture Kay, 12/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Where do I start... Nichelle and her team were amazing to work with. It was hard enough finding someone you could trust living in Canada and not to mention 99% of the communication was done via email. From the beginning Nichelle was very responsive with the emails I mean sometimes within minutes. She is also very detailed with the day of coordination service that was provided. things that I would never think of Nichelle covered with a check list and flow of the wedding list. And although I hired her for decor and day of wedding coordinator I feel as if she really helped and communicated with the venue for a smooth service. I believe her prices are very fair compared to some of the ridiculous quotes I received from other vendors. I had some issues regarding the venue and the number of guest attending the wedding and she was able to figure out a layout that would accommodate all my guest. When there were concerns I was notified right away and she was able to figure it out. I have no regrets in choosing designs by Nishy. Even my husband, friends and family members were impressed by her services. Thank you soo much Nichelle!!!

Profile Picture ashley, 8/31/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: String, Uplighting, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Day-Of Coord., Drapery, Setup

I found Nichelle online while browsing for planners in Jamaica. I am forever thankful for that popup. She was amazing!!! Her staff friendly and professional. I was simply in awe at how everything turned out. I got exactly what I asked for and more.

Profile Picture Deidre , 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

SooOOoo glad I came upon Designsbynishy. Nichelle is very attentive and sensitive to your needs. She is so professional and friendly I felt totally at ease. With Day-of-coordination she took care of everything. Trust me you need her! Even though I was overseas during it she made me feel very comfortable through the planning! My wedding was small and intimate. My. Decor. Was. Beautiful. I'm currently planning my first anniversary party (too soon??) so I can have her involved again ;) :p

Thanks Nishy!
- Kenisha & Chadane

Profile Picture Kenisha, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Designs by Nishy was extremely accommodating, understanding, helpful and flexible. Not only did Nishy respond to us with courteous professionalism but she lightened the load and eased anxieties. The day went beautifully I loved the decor. The colours were exactly what I wanted and my bouquet looked amazing. I'm still talking about it! Thank you Nishy and team for making our day even more beautiful. Patrice & Granvill

Profile Picture Patrice, 7/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Delivery, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design, Setup, Venue Selection, Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Vases

Nichelle was absolutely amazing!!! She was understanding, very helpful and easy to work with. To future brides, if you want your wedding to be stress free then Nichelle is the person to talk to. Nichelle you are the best at what you do, may God continue to bless you and your team and reap all the success life has to offer.

Thanks a lot
From Mr and Mrs Mitchell

Profile Picture Candice, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

No one recommended Designs by Nishy to be but I knew what I wanted & just browsing the internet I landed on her page and was settled on Nishy doing my decor. She was even more detailed than I was. The longest response time is within a day. Excellent customer service, verrrry detailed, patient, professional, passionate about her work. The decor and on the day coordinator service was exceptional. I would recommend Design by Nishy to anyone. You won't regret it. Her level of detail and passion kept me confident that everything would be perfect. I could just relax and let Nichelle and her team execute they were that good. Nichelle thank you for making my special day as beautiful as it was!!!

Profile Picture Donna, 7/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

I would highly recommend Designs by Nishy. Nichelle was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations.

Profile Picture Brandy, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

Nishelle is what you call a "gem". After being so indecisive and changing the details of my wedding several times, she never once got annoyed or upset. Her approach was always... "ok so what do you want to next?". She knew exactly what I wanted and she delivered just that. She is very attentive, flexible and always goes above and beyond to make your vision reality.
Nishelle....... from a long time friend I just want to tell you so the world can see, you are the best wedding planner ever!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million times always....muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Natalia, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Nishy is amazing! When I initially started planning my wedding, I started with décor services. I contacted Nishy and received a response within 30 minutes. Her responsiveness immediately got me. She was very professional and detailed since our first contact. Professionalism is a big deal to me and she never fell short. I had a budget and she was able to work with me to meet it. She also has a wide range of inventory which met my needs. She is an excellent communicator. This was especially important for me since I live in Canada. I received Day of Coordination services was great. Nishy did all the work on my big and I was worry free as all brides should be. My wedding day magical. It was great seeing the way everything came together and Nishy made it happen. If you are looking, look no further! She will work her to make sure your needs are met and that your dreams come true. Thank you so much Nishy!

Profile Picture User5632088, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Lanterns, Uplighting, Day-Of Coord., Delivery, Drapery, Event Design, Floral Design, Setup, Venue Selection, Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Signage, Vases

We would definitely recommend Designs By Nishy! Nichelle is very accommodating ,professional and her work is on point. I wanted a simple and elegant feel for my wedding and she delivered just what I wanted. She respects your budget and willingly makes additional recommendations when needed. Nishy is the type of person you can have full confidence in ,because she delivers. Book her , relax and expect to be wowed on your day.

Profile Picture Opal, 8/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Designs by Nishy offer professional services that will take any idea and transform it into a magical experience!

Profile Picture Valecia, 8/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Highly highly highly highly recommend Nishy!!!! She responded to all my inquires very quickly and was very affordable. My wedding was 7.23.16 at Secrets Wild Orchid and ahe exceeded my expectations!

Profile Picture Zoe, 7/23/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

DesignsbyNishy- amazing. If you need a team that will work with you and your budget, a team that's flexible and gives you what you want, a team that brings your vision to life? This is decor team to choose. We loved it. Definitely give them the opportunity to wow you on your day. You will not regret it. We walked in our ceremony and reception and Nishy and her team blew our minds.. we knew she would het the job done bit her execution of our vision was on point. Money not wasted... this money was well spent. She also offered a complimentary planning service and she was on top of all things. If we were to get married again hahaha to each other of course in vows renewal setting or even to recommend to friends and others? DesignsbyNishy our decor choice.. from experience from feeling from knowing. Thanks Nishy we can't tell you enough how much we were impressed and comfortable in knowing that when you say 'I got this' means u have it.

Marve and Nicole

Profile Picture Nicole and Marve, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

i got married on February 27,2016,design by Nishy was my planner and she was excellent from the very first contact, she was a fast responder and that was my reason for using her,i thought it would be difficult planning a wedding from overseas but i was in good hands Nichelle is very resourceful, flexible and dependent.Her contracts are very detailed so you know exactly what you are paying for,she was also my day of coordinator and because i had been working with her on the planning for a few months i understood her professionalism so on the wedding i was not worried about anything because i knew she would make my day perfect. all all the attendants at the wedding was in awe of the decorations and flowers that she provided. my overall experience with Nichelle is a 10 and i would use her or recommend her for all parties or wedding because she knows how to make dreams cime through.

Profile Picture caleen, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

Designs by Nishy was a superb vendor! She took my ideas and brought them to life. She made the entire process easy and stress free. My husband and I greatly appreciate all she and her team did for us!

Profile Picture Cherise , 1/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Nishy and her team....superb! From conceptualizing our thoughts, making suggestions on how to improve or find cost effective solutions that could give a more dramatic effect...Nishy made everything amazing. She was accomodating, quick on responding to requests, managed the details and came back with options that blew our minds! Our guests from all over the globe was in aweon how balanced and occupied the space felt. The small details in addition to the overall concept...amazing. texture and depth of the materials used gave a feeling of warmth and comfort...but very stylish and sophisticated. Coordination of the entire day was on schedule and amazingly painless for me and my wife.

Profile Picture nicholas, 12/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Delivery, Drapery, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design, Setup, Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Signage, Table Runners, Vases, Dance Floor, Lanterns, Outdoor, String, Uplighting

We had a wonderful experience working with the Designs by Nishy team. From the beginning, the process of deciding on decor and wedding details was really easy and pleasant. Nishy provided us with great options which suited our tastes and pockets. The setup on the day off and coordination was perfectly executed. We would recommend that couples use the coordination services from the Designs by Nishy team for your wedding, it made everything flow seamlessly and we were able to be in the moment and enjoy the day . Thanks to Nishy for making our wedding wonderful!

Profile Picture Stacy-Ann, 12/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Dance Floor, Uplighting, Day-Of Coord., Delivery, Drapery, Event Design, Event Planning, Floral Design, Setup, Backdrops, Candles/Holders, Table Runners, Vases

Nishy was great to work with, very professional and responds in a timely manner. I planned my wedding from the US and Nishy was able to understand the concept and the atmosphere I wanted to create and executed it perfectly. My husband and I were very pleased. We had a slight problem with the reception venue and she was very helpful in trying to smooth things over and was very understanding and accommodated us as we tried to resolve the situation. I would hire her for all my events. Excellent work Nishy...Kadi & Doug 10.10.15

Profile Picture Kadi-Ann, 10/10/15, 18 Reviews