Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Reviews

41 Reviews for Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management

41 Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management Reviews

Romelia · Married on 08/27/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Where do I start? This review has been long overdue however, it has been difficult to find the time to sit down and gather the right words to express my complete satisfaction with the services provided by Nichelle and her team for my Special day. Planning such an important day in a persons life is a not an easy task. I have always been the type of person that finds it difficult to ask for help and place my ideas in the hands of others (being the perfectionist that I am). I have had many sleepless nights questioning whether my ideal vision could be executed in the way I envisioned but let me just say, Nichelle went above and beyond my expectations and wildest dreams. When I saw my Decor, the flowers, the tablesetting, my bouquet, I was blown away! My smile you could not erase. Everything was captured beautifully down the the finest detail.

I made a special request to Nichelle to incorporate a daisy flower in my bouquet as a tribute to my grandmother (Daisy) who passed away the previous year. A daisy flower was delicately placed in the middle of my Bouquet as well as a on a flower pin on my mothers dress, place close to her heart which I cannot express enough what this meant to me.

Communication was one of the biggest factors in planning an overseas wedding. Nichelle responded promptly to any concerns or queries I had with understanding, professionalism and patience, all the things I could ask for from someone involved in such a delicate affair. She noted down all my requests, itemised each request with costings and gave suggestions to keep me within budget. She is honest, fair, reliable and gained my trust very easily. I have much respect for her conduct particularly as I had so many disappointments trying to receive quotes from other vendor needed for my wedding. Prices quoted were excessive for what was required. Working with Nichelle I knew exactly what my money was going towards and the results were impeccable.

Other vendors provided by Michelle was cake services and photography which I was also extremely happy with. The cake was made beautifully and tasted amazing. My photographer was extremely professional yet easy to work with and I am very happy with the results. So, thank you Nichelle and your amazing team for making my day so special and a day to remember. I highly recommend your services to anyone as you do not disappoint. Thanks again. Lots of love, 'The Gordons' :) xoxox

• Gravisha

Gravisha · Married on 08/26/2018

Absolutely Amazing!

I made a special request to Nichelle to incorporate a daisy flower in my bouquet as a tribute to my grandmother (Daisy) who passed away the previous year. A daisy flower was delicately placed in the middle of my bouquet as well as a on a flower pin on my mothers dress, placed close to her heart which I cannot express enough what this meant to me.

Other vendors provided by Nichelle was cake services and photography which I was also extremely happy with. The cake was made beautifully and tasted amazing. My photographer was extremely professional yet easy to work with and I am very happy with the results. So, thank you Nichelle and your amazing team for making my day so special and a day to remember. I highly recommend your services to anyone as you do not disappoint. Thanks again. Lots of love, 'The Gordons' :) xoxox

Ariel · Married on 08/15/2018

Nichelle is the best, she so professional and responsive! If it wasn't for her my dream would of never came true, I really appreciate her. The best customer service I have ever had, I would recommend her to anybody!

Diahna · Married on 04/21/2018

Great working with Nichelle and team. She provided rehearsal, day of coordination and decorating/design services. She understood our needs to keep the decor simple but elegant. She was flexible to work within our budget, responsive, organized and paid attention to the details. She kept everyone on schedule and adapted to changes as needed. At first, I was a little nervous because I was planning a wedding from a distance and all our communication was over email but everything turned our beautifully.

Andrelma · Married on 01/03/2018

We appreciate all the time, effort, communication, and love that Designs by Nishy had shown us from the very start of our search for a wedding coordinator/florist to the end of our wedding day! Nichelle is a professional when giving consultation regarding weddings, and we were more than pleased by her prompt responses, attention to detail, and competitive pricing. We felt so comfortable with her suggestions for floral design, backdrops/drapery, and décor just by her communication via email, phone, and constant exchange of photos. She willingly changes any plans per the couples needs and ideas, which takes a lot of patience, and was courteous in her responses. If there was something we wished to have in a photo, she sought the vendor(s) that would provide them for us. We were especially grateful for her assisting us with a last minute emergency requiring documentation for a religious wedding ceremony at the church in Montego Bay, Jamaica. Being that we had planned a destination wedding from Chicago, we were pressed for time to provide what was necessary to be wed in a church, and she had pulled every contact in the book to make our day happen as we had wished it to be!
    Nishy had contacted us upon arrival into Jamaica, was present early on the day of the wedding with all the set-up scheduled and ready, assisted during the religious ceremony, and was by our side through the end of the evening! She was very well organized with the scheduling of events that when a delivery of flowers had been delayed from the states into the island, she had immediately prepared an upgraded set of floral arrangements to be ready for our big day without an extra charge. She is a genuinely a caring soul and gives freely of her time. She even continues to communicate to us still to this day after the wedding, making us feel very special. Her passion to plan, coordinate, and design special events is evident in her planning, delivery of services, and décor/arrangements. Highly recommended!

Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management 1
    Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management 8
    Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management 9
    Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management 10

Darnelle · Married on 12/22/2017

Nishy is very professional and responds rapidly to any query that you may have. I say this because my husband and I experienced this; Nishy answered all the questions that we had and even provided advise on certain things that we were unsure of, which I must say definitely helped.

Whenever we required a change (which was multiple times) Nishy was always patient and understanding in addition to remaining polite at the same time.

If Nishy did not have anything that we required she was honest about it and would offer alternatives in order to accommodate our visions and requirements. She was also very flexible in terms of allowing us to have an input on certain aspects that she was unable to provide or perhaps we were not comfortable with and that meant a lot because not all wedding planers would do that.

The fact that Nishy provided all that she had promised we respect that, not only did she deliver what was asked of her but she showed and proved to be genuine, kind and friendly. I asked Nishy so many questions and even repeated her answers back to her many times for clarifications and she answered every time with no hostility.

Nishy made our day memorable and beautiful, she understood what we required and delivered it 100%

I recommend Nishy to any one who wishes to get married here in Jamaica. Another thing- I actually trusted in Nishy's work from the moment I found her website while looking for a local wedding planner and I was proven right.

So thank you Nishy for everything, your work deserves the positive recognition.

Kay · Married on 12/10/2017

Nishy is an amazing planner. I would recommend using her services for the entire wedding from finding other vendors to decor on the day of. She is easy to reach, responds quickly to emails and phone calls and is very professional. I am glad we used her services for our wedding. We were planning our wedding in Jamaica from across the way in Boston and it was extremely helpful to be able to rely on Nishy to take care of all the details concerning planning and decor. Our wedding day set up was lovely, just as we hoped it would be. If we had to do it again we would definitely choose Nishy.

ashley · Married on 08/31/2017

Where do I start... Nichelle and her team were amazing to work with. It was hard enough finding someone you could trust living in Canada and not to mention 99% of the communication was done via email. From the beginning Nichelle was very responsive with the emails I mean sometimes within minutes. She is also very detailed with the day of coordination service that was provided. things that I would never think of Nichelle covered with a check list and flow of the wedding list. And although I hired her for decor and day of wedding coordinator I feel as if she really helped and communicated with the venue for a smooth service. I believe her prices are very fair compared to some of the ridiculous quotes I received from other vendors. I had some issues regarding the venue and the number of guest attending the wedding and she was able to figure out a layout that would accommodate all my guest. When there were concerns I was notified right away and she was able to figure it out. I have no regrets in choosing designs by Nishy. Even my husband, friends and family members were impressed by her services. Thank you soo much Nichelle!!!

Deidre · Married on 07/22/2017

I found Nichelle online while browsing for planners in Jamaica. I am forever thankful for that popup. She was amazing!!! Her staff friendly and professional. I was simply in awe at how everything turned out. I got exactly what I asked for and more.

Kenisha · Married on 07/14/2017

SooOOoo glad I came upon Designsbynishy. Nichelle is very attentive and sensitive to your needs. She is so professional and friendly I felt totally at ease. With Day-of-coordination she took care of everything. Trust me you need her! Even though I was overseas during it she made me feel very comfortable through the planning! My wedding was small and intimate. My. Decor. Was. Beautiful. I'm currently planning my first anniversary party (too soon??) so I can have her involved again ;) :p

Thanks Nishy!
    - Kenisha & Chadane

Candice · Married on 07/08/2017

Nichelle was absolutely amazing!!! She was understanding, very helpful and easy to work with. To future brides, if you want your wedding to be stress free then Nichelle is the person to talk to. Nichelle you are the best at what you do, may God continue to bless you and your team and reap all the success life has to offer.

Thanks a lot
    From Mr and Mrs Mitchell

Brandy · Married on 05/20/2017

I would highly recommend Designs by Nishy. Nichelle was a pleasure to work with and exceeded our expectations.

Natalia · Married on 08/27/2016

Nishelle is what you call a "gem". After being so indecisive and changing the details of my wedding several times, she never once got annoyed or upset. Her approach was always... "ok so what do you want to next?". She knew exactly what I wanted and she delivered just that. She is very attentive, flexible and always goes above and beyond to make your vision reality.
    Nishelle....... from a long time friend I just want to tell you so the world can see, you are the best wedding planner ever!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million times always....muah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management's reply:

Thank you for your kind words! It was a pleasure being so involved in all the preparations leading up to the big day and participating on the day. Thank for you for choosing Designs By Nishy to be a part of your special occasion!

Valecia · Married on 08/07/2016

Designs by Nishy offer professional services that will take any idea and transform it into a magical experience!

Sent on 08/13/2016

Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management's reply:

Thank you for trusting us with your ideas! From planning to execution, the entire process was a wonderful experience for us. It was great meeting and working with you both. Best wishes from our team!
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 07/23/2016

Highly highly highly highly recommend Nishy!!!! She responded to all my inquires very quickly and was very affordable. My wedding was 7.23.16 at Secrets Wild Orchid and ahe exceeded my expectations!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management's reply:

We are so happy to have exceeded your expectations! Thank you for sharing your special day with us. Please share your photos with us by including #designsbynishy so we can locate them. Warm wishes from Designs By Nishy

Nicole and Marve · Married on 06/04/2016

DesignsbyNishy- amazing. If you need a team that will work with you and your budget, a team that's flexible and gives you what you want, a team that brings your vision to life? This is decor team to choose. We loved it. Definitely give them the opportunity to wow you on your day. You will not regret it. We walked in our ceremony and reception and Nishy and her team blew our minds.. we knew she would het the job done bit her execution of our vision was on point. Money not wasted... this money was well spent. She also offered a complimentary planning service and she was on top of all things. If we were to get married again hahaha to each other of course in vows renewal setting or even to recommend to friends and others? DesignsbyNishy our decor choice.. from experience from feeling from knowing. Thanks Nishy we can't tell you enough how much we were impressed and comfortable in knowing that when you say 'I got this' means u have it.

Marve and Nicole

Sent on 06/15/2016

Designs By Nishy - Wedding & Event Management's reply:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to be a part of your big day! We do appreciate what it means to have a budget and we strive to provide value in any budget. We appreciate all your kind words and do wish you both all the very best.

caleen · Married on 02/20/2016

i got married on February 27,2016,design by Nishy was my planner and she was excellent from the very first contact, she was a fast responder and that was my reason for using her,i thought it would be difficult planning a wedding from overseas but i was in good hands Nichelle is very resourceful, flexible and dependent.Her contracts are very detailed so you know exactly what you are paying for,she was also my day of coordinator and because i had been working with her on the planning for a few months i understood her professionalism so on the wedding i was not worried about anything because i knew she would make my day perfect. all all the attendants at the wedding was in awe of the decorations and flowers that she provided. my overall experience with Nichelle is a 10 and i would use her or recommend her for all parties or wedding because she knows how to make dreams cime through.

nicholas · Married on 12/18/2015

Nishy and her team....superb! From conceptualizing our thoughts, making suggestions on how to improve or find cost effective solutions that could give a more dramatic effect...Nishy made everything amazing. She was accomodating, quick on responding to requests, managed the details and came back with options that blew our minds! Our guests from all over the globe was in aweon how balanced and occupied the space felt. The small details in addition to the overall concept...amazing. texture and depth of the materials used gave a feeling of warmth and comfort...but very stylish and sophisticated. Coordination of the entire day was on schedule and amazingly painless for me and my wife.

Stacy-Ann · Married on 12/18/2015

We had a wonderful experience working with the Designs by Nishy team. From the beginning, the process of deciding on decor and wedding details was really easy and pleasant. Nishy provided us with great options which suited our tastes and pockets. The setup on the day off and coordination was perfectly executed. We would recommend that couples use the coordination services from the Designs by Nishy team for your wedding, it made everything flow seamlessly and we were able to be in the moment and enjoy the day . Thanks to Nishy for making our wedding wonderful!

Kadi-Ann · Married on 10/10/2015

Nishy was great to work with, very professional and responds in a timely manner. I planned my wedding from the US and Nishy was able to understand the concept and the atmosphere I wanted to create and executed it perfectly. My husband and I were very pleased. We had a slight problem with the reception venue and she was very helpful in trying to smooth things over and was very understanding and accommodated us as we tried to resolve the situation. I would hire her for all my events. Excellent work Nishy...Kadi & Doug 10.10.15

Sashenie · Married on 08/22/2015

Being on a tight budget, I first contemplated the DIY option for decorations. I'm SOOO happy I changed my mind and decided to go with Nishy. She is extremely responsive, attentive to your needs, attentive to your budget, and has great suggestions. I will never forget the feeling I had when I looked out of my room window and saw the ceremony set-up and thought "wow, is that my wedding!!". It was all surreal. Similarly, the reception was perfect! I felt like I was walking into a fairy tail. She is extremely professional and even visited the resort prior to the wedding to meet with the wedding planner to go through the details, out of which she made additional recommendations. Best of all, on my wedding day, I had nothing to worry about except myself (which is how it should be!). She had everything under control, and based on our experience throughout the entire planning process, I had full confidence that things would go well.

It's about a month after the wedding and I'm still getting compliments on how beautiful it was. I would highly recommend Nishy to anyone. Even if you're thinking about doing things yourself, I'd recommend checking her out prior to making a final decision. You might be surprised!

Natalie · Married on 05/16/2015

Excellent service from start to finish, could not have ask for anything more, excellent advised and she know how to respectful to your budget is very tasteful way. Love her love the service !!!!!!

We cannot say enough good things about Nishy,hiring her was without a doubt the best decision we made for our wedding! From our very first meeting I felt that our wedding was in very capable hands ...We can honestly say we think We under paid her for the amount of services she provided.She is a legit pro and has the demeanor of someone who certainly knows her stuff, She was very easy to get along with always asking if we have any questions and giving Suggestions , her service was just out of this world. Our wedding looked absolutely fabulous as if we spent million of dollars but we didn't. The entire planning of my wedding was worry free..I'm a person who pay close attention to details, Nishy absolutely exceed my expectation....the vendors she recommends for the cake, the Dj,the photographer, videographer and the makeup artist was very very professional. Everything was intact all the the T's was cross all the I's was dot We highly highly recommended
    Nishy she really make Ordinary, Extraordinary"
    Because there was nothing Ordinary about our wedding!

From Stacey-ann and André Lawrence

Tracey-Ann · Married on 12/13/2014

I give Designs by Nishy a 10/10 on every aspect of the services which were provided. My husband and I as well as our guests are truly happy about the finished product. Definitely will get referrals from me in the future.

Kimberley · Married on 12/06/2014

Designs by Nishy ("Nishy") executed our dream wedding with perfection!!!! Nishy was recommended by a very prominent wedding venue in Kingston, Jamaica. We immediately gravitated to Nishy as their Nichelle Thompson responded to our email very promptly (within 24 hours). From the very first response, Nichelle brought professionalism, excitement, ideas, creativity, zeal.She made us feel as if our wedding was the only wedding on her agenda! she always made time to respond to our many queries and to assure us that our wedding was going to be beautiful. We started discussing our wedding with Nichelle about 14 months prior and over those 14 months Nichelle was with us every step of the way! Her attention to detail, to our requests and to our vision was remarkable! She also assisted us in many others areas apart from decor and coordination by referring excellent service providers in other areas whom we used in our wedding and are extremely happy with the service. Nichelle and her team were very courteous and accommodating even when we made changes with the wedding numbers or even decor plan. She is very knowledgeable in the area and gave us very good advice for the overall execution of our wedding ....even in areas that were outside of her role as decorator and coordinator. Nishy is an asset to your wedding arsenal and your team for your wedding day .....we felt safe because we knew Nishy would ensure that our day would be beautiful. When we saw our wedding day decor our mouths dropped! it was gorgeous....we ooooohed and aaaahed in amazement as our decor was spectacular! we look at our pictures and are amazed at how beautiful our wedding was. Our guests also expressed how much they were wowed! by our beautiful decor. The mother of the bride still speaks about how efficient Nishy was on our wedding day. Our wedding day was perfectly coordinated! if there were any glitches we didnt know! the day was perfect!! DESIGNS BY NISHY IS THE BEST!!!