63 Reviews for Designs By Kamni

User Photos
Custom Engag. Rings (12)
Custom Wed. Bands (5)
Designer Engag. Rings (1)
62 Designs By Kamni Reviews

Absolutely wonderful experience starting at Day 1.
For me it started when my now Fiancé, Allison, starting sending me screenshots of these beautiful rings from an Instagram page. When the time came that I was ready to truly pressure with the ring buying, and marriage idea, my first email was sent to Kamni directly. I had no idea what I was getting into. I had no idea how to buy, design, or choose a ring. It started with my showing kamni the pictures that initially drew Allison and myself to her designs. Kamni was very responsive, and ready to start helping immediately! Kamni kept everything inside the budget I set, actually going well under when the job was all done. We used the pictures I sent as a starting point, and added a few extra designs pieces to make it a one of a kind that Allison would cherish for life. Being a guy, going into the ring designing process was very scary. Kamni was with me the entire time, ensuring I was doing everything the right way! Allison and I live in Chicago, and have never been to Kamni’s actually store. The videos and photos that Kamni sent to me throughout the process made me feel as if I was in New York seeing these options in person. I would highly recommend Designs By Kamni to anyone looking to design a piece of jewelry, and especially to any person looking to surprise a special someone with a one of a kind masterpiece. Allison and I are very much so looking forward to taking a trip to New York within the next few months and designing wedding bands for both her and I!

Bottom line - Thank You Kamni!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Travis, 7/27/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings, Custom Wed. Bands

It was great working with Kamni. I had an initial meeting with Kamni approximately 7 months prior to purchasing my fiancee's ring. During the initial meeting, she went through the 4Cs, we discussed budget and ring types, her process, and she suggested the time frame that I return if I remained interested in working with her. At no point did she pressure me or try to convince me to go above my budget.

I continued to follow her on social media (Instagram) and remained impressed with her work. As a result, I reached out to her in April 2017 to schedule an appointment. I went with my friend and she was very thorough and patient with me. Again, she did not pressure me to buy anything immediately or raise my budget. Instead, we worked within my budget.

My fiancee was blown away with her ring and she often receives compliments on her ring. We're definitely returning to Kamni for our bands. Thanks so much, Kamni!

Profile Picture CHRISHANA, 7/7/19, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I want to start this review by saying that I am a tremendously picky, not easily impressed, and can be a difficult client. Because of that, I designed my own ring and went to many designers before choosing Kamni. I told her exactly what I wanted and exactly the reaction that I wanted friends and family to have to it. She got it down more perfectly than the image in my head. I am telling you, she is the best of the best. My ring is ridiculous and has been the talk of the town since I got it. It shines like crazy and the setting is so unbelievably done that people just stare at it. Today, someone came from another office because they heard about my ring. Kamni is not a regular jeweler. She is absolutely the top of her game, absolutely. I couldnt give a stronger recommendation.

Profile Picture sheetal, 11/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Designer Engag. Rings

I've had my heart set on Kamni's "DBK Classic" for what feels like years now, so when it was time for my then boyfriend to propose, he knew who to contact. It is seriously even better than I thought it would be and I am SO glad he went directly through Kamni even though he was apprehensive at first since we live in Houston. We even went ring shopping here before to see if there was anything else I'd like, but nothing compared to what I knew Kamni could deliver. He ended up getting the center stone through James Allen and Kamni was very accommodating with that and perfectly mounted it in the setting for us. Thank you so much for making the most gorgeous and special piece of jewelry I will ever own!

Profile Picture Erina, 11/10/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

First of all, check out Designs by Kamni’s incredible work on Instagram. You’ll understand why I immediately knew that when it was time to propose to my girlfriend, it would be through her team. They have such a unique yet classic touch to every ring they customize for their clients. As soon as I reached out to Kamni, I felt relieved knowing that I was in such great hands. From start to finish, the entire process was seamless. She took the time to educate me on every diamond she personally chose and there were quite a few diamonds to go through! It was an incredible experience working with Kamni and I couldn’t be happier with my final choice (flawless beauty). I know my fiancée feels the exact same way! I’m looking forward to working with her again when the time comes for our wedding bands. Thank you again for creating the perfect ring for us!

Profile Picture Fareen, 10/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

When it finally came time to shop for an engagement ring I knew just where to send my now fiancé. We worked with Kamni to design the ring, and then they finalized the process so that I would be surprised! Kamni helped my fiancé pick out the perfect diamond and create the exact setting that I had envisioned. The process was personal and easy. We will be going back for our wedding bands and hopefully other pieces down the road!

Profile Picture User7757705, [Private], 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I'm very grateful that I was able to work with Kamni and her team during this important time in my life. The professionalism along with friendly customer service coulnd't be any better!

Profile Picture Robert, 9/15/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Look nowhere else but here for the perfect ring! From start to finish I could not have asked for anything else. Kamni was awesome in helping describe her process and her product and gave excellent advice throughout to help make everything about the ring perfect.

Profile Picture Christopher, 9/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Her: I discovered Kamni’s Instagram page about a year ago and immediately fell in love with her designs. They were all beautiful and unique with just the right amount of bling without looking too over the top or gawdy. I immediately told my fiancé (then boyfriend of course) that if and when he was ready to propose he should definitely go to her to design my ring. I’m so happy he went to Kamni, the finished ring design far exceeded my expectations. I’ve gotten a ton of compliments and am absolutely in love with the detailing.

Him: Working with Kamni was an amazing experience. My fiancée found her ring designs on Instagram and fell in love with her unique style. One of the rings my fiancée liked in particular was a round stone but I knew she liked the cut of a princess stone. Kamni was easily able to show me a princess cut ring in the setting I desired. She was also very flexible, as I had to reschedule several times. She was very accommodating to my proposal timeline, I had a short few weeks to have the ring ready before the holidays and she delivered. Kamni also communicated with me discretely, so that my fiancée wasn’t tipped off to the surprise proposal. She was also able to adjust the ring size for us afterwards. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a unique, personable, and talented designer.

Profile Picture Simone, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings

I worked with Kamni to design my fiancee's engagement ring. Kamni was incredibly flexible and patient. More importantly, she was able to really show me a range of options and help me figured out what I liked / didn't like and what she might like / not like. The ring is exquisite and complimented on a regular basis. I would recommend her to absolutely anyone in the market for an engagement ring!

Profile Picture Jonathan, 7/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I cannot say enough good things about Designs by Kamni and Kamni herself!!!! My now fiancé Joe (still can’t believe it!) and I went to go see Kamni in her NYC office in April 2016. We had been dating awhile and started seriously talking about marriage and engagement rings. The two of us didn’t really know too much about rings, about the specifics or even what we liked. We went to a few other places before finding Kamni and to be honest I was REALLY nervous at that point. We did the whole Diamond District visiting booths and booths of diamond sellers that do just that – sell you diamonds. Kamni was extremely different (I will get into that in a little bit). Joe and I walked into one of the booths and felt so overwhelmed, confused, and pressured… meanwhile we only had the chance to talk with a sales person for less than five minutes!! We hated the entire process of the typical Diamond District until we found Kamni. Although she is located in the Diamond District she has her own office in the GIA building and was EXTREMLY professional. Weirdly enough I first found Kamni on Instagram. I remember looking at her rings with actual tears in my eyes. I had no idea how much went into each ring, each couple, and each process, which in turn made us love her even more.

When we actually made an appointment with Kamni she didn’t mind the fact that we were coming from far (CT) and happened to be 30 minutes late trying to find parking at rush hour. I was instantly impressed with the security in the building, her office, and being greeted with champagne (who DOESN’T love champagne and diamonds?!). Anyway, she spoke with us for over an HOUR. Yes, we went into detail on rings, diamonds, shapes, sizes, the 4 c’s and everything. However, she also got to know us as a couple which really really impressed us. Kamni sized my finger and actually had me try on a bunch of samples she had. Every single ring she designs is custom, which completely sets her a part from other places. I always dr

Profile Picture jocelyn, 6/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I recently proposed to my girlfriend with a custom ring from Kamni (she said yes)! My girlfriend was very specific about what she wanted in an engagement ring, and it was clear to me that I would have to go the custom route. I saw a lot of beautiful photos of Kamni's rings on Instagram and decided that she would be the right person for the job - and I was right! She was very flexible with budget and timeline and delivered a breathtaking ring to me. My fiance and I love the ring and couldn't be more happy with it. The quality and attention to detail is top notch, and Kamni is a pleasure to work with!

Profile Picture Alex, 5/20/18, 1 Review

Noy Kakkar

a minute ago
I decided to begin ring shopping in February of this year. But the more I saw the more confused I became. Like any other person who decides to make a big or even small purchase, I wanted to make sure I got what I was paying for. So along with visiting Kamni, I went to many many many other jewelers in the city. But like every other DBK client, I kept gravitating towards Kamni and her work. Some jewelers would just lay out a lane of diamonds and ask me to choose, others would not be thrilled if I took the time to think, and there were a few who didn’t take the initiative to throughly explain.

Walking in to Kamni’s office, spending countless hours, I never once felt like I was settling. Because Kamni did everything in her favor to make sure I understood the ring I wanted to create. Every time I was in her office, there would be people waiting for her, but she never once rushed me. She was calm, professional and her love for her work shined through.

I’m happy I chose DBK. I recommend anyone out there who is looking to work with an experienced, educated and proud jeweler, to definitely consider Kamni. Her drive to provide you with the best service and dedication to make sure you understand what you are selecting, is admirable and appreciated. My girl and I are thrilled to be a part of the DBK group of clients around the world!!!!! Thank you DBK!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture N, 5/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Kamni was a dream to work with. My partner proposed to me while on our overseas trip so while we were in the area I researched some jewellers and found Kamni. I arranged a meeting with her for when we were in New York and I am so glad we did! She was so helpful, honest and knowledgeable. She helped me to realise the style I was after and what I could get within my budget. It wasn't until we returned home to Australia about 6 months later that we decided to take the next step and order my ring. I was worried that the process may be too difficult being so far away, but Kamni was extremely prompt and helpful the whole way. The quality of the setting and diamond is incomparable with others we looked at locally. Her pricing was extremely competitive thus making it an easy choice for us. We speak so highly of her to our friends and family and would highly recommend to anyone internationally.

Profile Picture Penny, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings

When my "boyfriend" and I were looking to purchase an engagement ring, we researched many local and online jewelers. This is a big step in our lives and we wanted to do it together. I was very disappointed with the local jewelers and we ended up turning to online. We were both very hesitant at first about working remotely on such an expensive purchase, but I am so glad we made the leap and went with Designs By Kamni!

I came across DBK on social media and instantly fell in love with her work. What really made us decide to work with her was her outstanding customer service (and her many positive reviews). Customer service is extremely important to us when purchasing online. She made it so easy and relaxed. She was always very responsive and answered all our crazy questions. She never made us feel pressured and she worked around our schedule. Kamni also has very competitive pricing and worked to stay in our budget. Kamni worked really fast and made it in time before the crazy engagement holiday season.

Now what everyone really wants to know...the ring. The ring is absolutely stunning! The craftsman ship is impeccable and it is my dream ring. Kamni listened to everything I liked and turned it into the perfect piece of jewelry to represent our love and devotion. Thank you Kamni!

We would highly recommend Kamni and plan on working again with her in the future!

Profile Picture Courtney, 4/10/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings

I’ve known about DBK for a while now, because I have friends who bought rings from her, for their engagement.
So when my Best Friend's boyfriend asked me to help him propose, two things came to mind: Pinterest and DBK!
I told him to get in touch with DBK , and so he submitted a consult form. He also reached out to a few other jewelers in the City, yet Kamni got back to him in less than 24 hours which was refreshing to see, because other vendors took at least 2 or 3 days.

The first meeting, she talked Ryan through the whole process. She knows her stuff- diamond cuts, stone placement etc. Ryan was pretty nervous throughout the whole thing because he wanted everything to be perfect. Ryan also gave Kamni his budget and guessed Tina’s ring size. Kamni was super helpful and told us to take one of Tina’s rings (costume jewelry) and bring it back to Kamni to get the accurate size.
Kamni ensured that everything she does with the ring will meet all his expectations and more.

Once that was done, we were shown several stones for the ring. I feel like we saw 100 stones, but I honestly stopped counting after. Eventually, we narrowed it down to 10 stones that we thought would go best with a rose gold ring. Tina has always admired Ryan’s co-workers rose gold engagement ring. We mentioned it to Kamni, and she advised us to get a cushion cut, and so that eliminated a few stones.
When we met the second time, she talked about the final 6 stones Ryan had in mind, and went into depth about them. Ryan picked cushion cut rose gold engagement ring, with a halo and diamonds all over the band.

DBK doesn’t only sell rings, she sells a service. Her time, effort and patience are the reasons that all my friends went to her, and Ryan could not thank me enough.

And Tina? LOVED her ring!! Thanks again Kamni!

Profile Picture Aanchal, 4/6/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I truly believe Kamni can do no wrong! After just one visit to her office, I knew immediately that I would be getting an engagement ring from her.

Let's face it; buying an engagement ring can be an extremely daunting task. With Kamni, you feel the comfort of her knowledge in the industry, her spectacular attention to details, and her ability to help explain the core details in the simplest terms. After one short visit, I could successfully explain exactly what I was looking for, and within a couple months had the perfect engagement ring of my dreams.

My fiance fell in love with her engagement ring, and is constantly getting compliments from all her family, friends, and colleagues!

Do yourself a favor and get your engagement ring from Kamni. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Rahul, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I would highly recommend using Kamni! My fiance went to her for my engagement ring and we were so happy with her service and quality of the diamonds that we went back to her for our wedding bands. One of the diamonds in my engagement band got cloudy and she switched it out for me no questions asked. She also resized my engagement ring for me so I would no longer have to use a ring guard.

Profile Picture Nicole, 10/29/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings, Custom Wed. Bands

Kamni is one of the jewelry industry’s very best. She embodies three of the most important qualities of any top-tier jeweler: she refuses to settle for quality that is anything less than perfect, she overdelivers to create a product that’s even better than what you imagined, and she is transparent and trustworthy along each step of the way.

After spending months researching nearly every single jeweler on both the East and West Coasts, I am so glad that my (now) fiancé and I finally decided to ask Kamni to help create my engagement ring. I had an extremely specific idea of what I wanted, had no idea how to correctly describe it, and was a nervous wreck that it would somehow end up missing the mark. After sending her random screenshots from my phone of what I was looking for, and having a reassuring in-person introductory meeting with her, I was confident that she “got me” and understood what I was looking for. To highlight how comfortable I felt (I’m not someone who likes any amount of risk, in any aspect of her life – much less with something so important), I chose Kamni over my family jeweler, who we have loyally purchased all of our family jewelry (and extended family’s jewelry) for the past twenty years. As we discussed the design for the ring, Kamni was clear about which of our ideas would come to life beautifully, and which ideas would not work together well or would compromise the integrity and structure of the ring. Within a few days, we received a digital rendering of what the ring would look like, and Kamni talked us through all the details and noted any details that would look different on the final product. We received updates along the way, and when it was time to back to NY to pick the ring up, Kamni was flexible in helping us schedule an appointment (and reschedule several times). When we picked up the ring, she explained how she performs a final quality inspection and shows the various details that are checked.
Thank you Kamni!

Profile Picture User6982104, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

Working with DesignsbyKamni was a true pleasure! Kamni is super nice and above all ensures that you really get what your heart desires. Thru the whole process she is understanding and always has a listening ear. She takes her time to go over every little detail and ensures that you have all your questions answered. I would recommend her services and hope to work with her in the near future. Her professionalism and charisma go a long way!

Profile Picture nilandy, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

I'm usually quite critical on reviews but I can honestly say that this was one of the easiest and most pleasant experiences I've ever had, especially while making such an important purchase. Not only was the product beyond my most optimistic expectations but the client service was impeccable.
I had reservations about selecting an engagement ring from an online source, however Kamni was able to put those fears at rest with exceptional customer service and superior product knowledge. As icing on the cake, the appraised value of my purchase came in approximately 25% higher than what I paid for her services. Would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture User7320494, Recently Married, 1 Review
Category: Jewelry

An absolute pleasure working with this designer! Kamni offers the most professional experience while providing quality and craftsmanship that is unmatched. There is truly something special about choosing the perfect engagement ring and not every designer takes into consideration that originality is key in customizing a show-stopper piece. Kamni not only offers a fun experience by providing education on diamonds, metals, and designs, but she also goes the extra mile to ensure the customer's requests are exceeded beyond expectation, creating a flawless, original, one-of-a-kind production.

Profile Picture Sippy, 10/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

In all I am so glad we found Kamni.
My situation was a bit different as I already bought a beautiful diamond through a close friend who is in diamond business and I want to have a special and custom setting for my fiancee.

We found Kamni through internet search while we were struggling to find a jeweler whose design is beautiful and unique and also would like to do setting and diamond mounting. We felt relived and exciting that Kamni has no problem providing this type of service and she shared several pictures through text messages after initial communication. We were impressed by her design but we still couldn’t make our mind what is the design we wanted.

We then made an appointment with Kamni to further discuss the ultimate design we were looking for. Kamni was friendly and patient to listen our needs and requirements and went through all her designs and let us know our options. At the end we came up with the design that we felt very elegant and unique. The price is very reasonable, too.

Sure enough the process took some time as everything was customized from start to finish. Kamni showed us her initial design and made adjustments based on our feedbacks. At the day when I picked up the ring I couldn’t be happier. Her design and attention to details exceeded our expectations. And most importantly, she said yes!

Again thank you Kamni for delivering such an unique and elegant setting to my fiancee (she deserves it!). We would definitely recomand Kamni for anyone who is looking for an unique and beautiful ring!

Profile Picture User7423786, Recently Married, 2 Reviews
Category: Jewelry

If you are looking for engagement rings or wedding bands no need to look any further! I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful in every single way Designs by Kamni is. Kamni exceeded all of our expectations from start to finish. Her designs are truly spectacular and one of a kind. Every single person that see's my engagement says it is the most gorgeous ring they have ever seen, and I am literally stopped by strangers who want to take a closer look. You will not get any better than Designs by Kamni!!! Highly Recommended.

Profile Picture Nicole, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Custom Engag. Rings, Custom Wed. Bands

Working with Kamni was an absolute pleasure. She was extremely knowledgeable and most importantly transparent. Prior to meeting with her, every other jeweler did not give me any peace of mind. Let's be honest, this is a huge decision, and even with the appropriate research most individuals are still very overwhelmed. Working with Kamini gave me peace of mind from the first meeting to the picking up of the ring. My fiancée is absolutely head over heels over each and every detail of the ring, and I couldn't be happier. I most definitely will be recommending her services and expertise to others.

Shyam