Designs By Kamni Reviews

Designs By Kamni 4
Designs By Kamni 5

Kevin · Getting married on 06/05/2022

Professional, Responsible & Helpful

Professional, responsive and helpful throughout the entire process. Came in having a general idea of what I wanted with an engagement ring and Kamni provided her expert perspective but ultimately left the final choice to me. Was able to also accommodate an extremely quick turnaround time and provide renderings of multiple designs.

Sent on 10/16/2019

Paul Magrini · Getting married on 11/10/2020

Wonderful ring and great buying experience!

Got my fiancée her engagement ring here. Prior to my first appointment I had zero knowledge about diamonds or their attributes. Kamni walked me through the process of finding a design that my fiancée would love. Once we had the design I wanted she then started looking for diamonds that would fit into my price range so that I was able to get the best possible stone for the engagement ring. She found me an amazing diamond at a great price and she was able to get the ring made very quickly. Everyone who has seen the ring has loved it and has made comments about how beautiful and unique it is. Kamni also made the ring buying experience enjoyable and painless and I would definitely recommend her for you as well.

Sent on 06/03/2019

T K · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Friendly, Professional - the Best

We're so happy we went to see Kamni to sort out an engagement ring and both of our wedding bands! She was very helpful, super nice and extremely professional.

She took the time to meet with me twice before we proceeded with the ring purchases, once with a friend and once with my future fiance. Both times I met with her, she was very patient in explaining her process and capabilities. She was very up front on pricing and timing (it took 29 days for 3 custom rings, less than initially indicated). She made us feel very comfortable!

I picked up the rings yesterday and they're beautiful! While the engagement ring is a very simple solitaire, it's obvious that a lot of time went into making it perfect. The diamond is set beautifully in white gold prongs in a yellow gold ring. Her wedding band is also gorgeous (5 pointers all the way around) and is perfect! I looked at both under a microscope (I'm a nerd) and they're perfect. I got a simple, traditional band (though she did have a number of modern and unique men's band designs) and I'm very happy with it, too. It was nice to go to one place and get everything.

Designs by Kamni also made the insurance process very easy by submitting their appraisal to a recommended jewelry insurance company. By the time I got back to my office from picking up the rings, an insurance quote was sitting in my inbox! (they don't get a kickback, I asked)

I would 100% recommend Designs by Kamni!

Designs By Kamni 6
    Designs By Kamni 7
    Designs By Kamni 8
    Sent on 10/18/2019

Alvin · Getting married on 07/18/2020

Excellent Service

I had a great experience working with Kamni. She helped guide me through the entire process and provided key details in regards to what to look for in a diamond as well as a setting. She was not forceful in anyway and encouraged me to look around at other jewelers but I ultimately went back to her due to her attention to detail and personal touch. The ring turned out beautifully. I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends or for other jewelry needs.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Sajed Sahni · Getting married on 07/16/2020

Amazing experience with Kamni

I have been meaning to replace my wife's lost engagement ring for many years but always find reasons to wait till tomorrow. As we approached our 10 year anniversary, I promised her I'd do something special. In her mind, she thought it was some grand Hawaii trip, however I was planning to replace her lost engagement ring, which wasn't her fault but because I used a friend of a friend who knew a guy who dealt with diamonds (poor craftsmanship). For a guy, purchasing a ring is a make or break situation. With so many options, and choices, you fear of making the wrong decision. This time around I was going to things the right way by going to Designs by Kamni. I've seen her Instagram stories but had a few friends who went to her and raved about the experience. Since I travel a great deal, I told Kamni what I was looking for in a round about manner without many details (as most guys might do). She asked me several questions about style, and sent me a good, better, best type of mock-up. I appreciate Kamni being an advisor as opposed a sales person. She took the time to get to know me, my wife's style to make the best possible recommendation I felt comfortable with. I can't thank Kamni enough for her hard work to make the purchasing process as easy as possible while designing a first class product anyone can appreciate.

Designs By Kamni 9
    Sent on 01/08/2019

Rich · Getting married on 04/25/2020

Kamni made choosing an engagement ring so easy. I was nervous going in to the experience that I wouldn't find a jeweler that would work with me to create a ring that my fiancee would love. As soon as we met, she made me feel comfortable and explained everything in a way that made sense to me. We worked together to design the perfect ring. My fiancee loves it and we both couldn't be happier! I would 100% recommend Kamni and her business to anyone in the market for an engagement ring. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

It was a pleasure to work with you Rich. Thanks for choosing me and my team and I look forward to working together again in the future!

Stephen · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Kamni helped make a difficult search for the perfect engagement ring much easier. I had some specific requirements for the engagement ring that I was looking for, and Kamni was incredibly accommodating and understood what I was looking for completely. My fiancee absolutely loves the ring (she hasn't stopped getting compliments on it), and I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. I would highly recommend Kamni to anyone who is looking for an engagement ring - especially if you have a custom design in mind.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

So glad you both are happy with the ring. It was lovely to work with you and I look forward to working on wedding bands and more in the future!!!

Brian Spitler · Getting married on 04/18/2020

Great experience!

I found Kamni by chance, which ended up being the best possible thing that could’ve happened. After multiple uncomfortable meetings with jewelers that didn’t come off as trustworthy, I saw one of Kamni’s designs online and knew that she was the right person to make an engagement ring for me. At this point I had already purchased a diamond, but had I met with Kamni earlier, I would’ve gone through the entire process with her.

Working with her is definitely a unique experience when compared to your typical jeweler on 47th street. She’s located in a beautiful building and takes the time to sit with you one-on-one to answer any and all questions you may have. I found it to be an extremely enjoyable experience.

Additionally, Kamni was able to take my diamond and set it in a ring in a very short amount of time. I was trying to have it made prior to Thanksgiving and she was able to deliver, which was absolutely fantastic.

Thanks again for the enjoyable experience! We’ll absolutely be back for our wedding bands.

Designs By Kamni 10
    Designs By Kamni 11
    Sent on 12/26/2018

Michael · Married on 11/02/2019

Kamni takes what can be a super stressful experience and transforms it into an informative, educational and just outright enjoyable process. From the beginning starting with the first email until the end with picking up the engagement ring everything was a such an easy, transparent, and flexible affair. Kamni truly takes the time to deliver the best to her clients. I will definitely be utilizing her services again in the future. My fiancé is in love with the ring along with the rest of our families and friends.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Shival · Married on 10/12/2019

We are extremely happy and grateful for the wonderful experience we had with our ring by Kamni. She was very easy to work with, prompt and on time on when she said it would done, and the ring came out flawless. Me and my fiancé are very happy with the service and the follow up service that Kamni provided. Thank you so much we love this ring!!!

Designs By Kamni 12
    Sent on 10/01/2018
  • Fareen

Fareen · Married on 09/22/2019

First of all, check out Designs by Kamni’s incredible work on Instagram. You’ll understand why I immediately knew that when it was time to propose to my girlfriend, it would be through her team. They have such a unique yet classic touch to every ring they customize for their clients. As soon as I reached out to Kamni, I felt relieved knowing that I was in such great hands. From start to finish, the entire process was seamless. She took the time to educate me on every diamond she personally chose and there were quite a few diamonds to go through! It was an incredible experience working with Kamni and I couldn’t be happier with my final choice (flawless beauty). I know my fiancée feels the exact same way! I’m looking forward to working with her again when the time comes for our wedding bands. Thank you again for creating the perfect ring for us!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Thank you so much for the heartfelt and kind review! We're thrilled that you had a wonderful experience with us! Hope to see you soon!

Travis · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely wonderful experience starting at Day 1.
    For me it started when my now Fiancé, Allison, starting sending me screenshots of these beautiful rings from an Instagram page. When the time came that I was ready to truly pressure with the ring buying, and marriage idea, my first email was sent to Kamni directly. I had no idea what I was getting into. I had no idea how to buy, design, or choose a ring. It started with my showing kamni the pictures that initially drew Allison and myself to her designs. Kamni was very responsive, and ready to start helping immediately! Kamni kept everything inside the budget I set, actually going well under when the job was all done. We used the pictures I sent as a starting point, and added a few extra designs pieces to make it a one of a kind that Allison would cherish for life. Being a guy, going into the ring designing process was very scary. Kamni was with me the entire time, ensuring I was doing everything the right way! Allison and I live in Chicago, and have never been to Kamni’s actually store. The videos and photos that Kamni sent to me throughout the process made me feel as if I was in New York seeing these options in person. I would highly recommend Designs By Kamni to anyone looking to design a piece of jewelry, and especially to any person looking to surprise a special someone with a one of a kind masterpiece. Allison and I are very much so looking forward to taking a trip to New York within the next few months and designing wedding bands for both her and I!

Bottom line - Thank You Kamni!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Travis, thank you for letting us be your jewelers for this meaningful purchase. We enjoyed educating you of our process and working with you virtually for a detailed diamond selection and custom engagement ring. Life gives us many options, and too many options can be tough! We like to educate our clients and keep them well informed and updated along our process. We look forward to meeting you in person and working on wedding bands! Congrats on the engagement.
  • CHRISHANA

CHRISHANA · Married on 07/07/2019

It was great working with Kamni. I had an initial meeting with Kamni approximately 7 months prior to purchasing my fiancee's ring. During the initial meeting, she went through the 4Cs, we discussed budget and ring types, her process, and she suggested the time frame that I return if I remained interested in working with her. At no point did she pressure me or try to convince me to go above my budget.

I continued to follow her on social media (Instagram) and remained impressed with her work. As a result, I reached out to her in April 2017 to schedule an appointment. I went with my friend and she was very thorough and patient with me. Again, she did not pressure me to buy anything immediately or raise my budget. Instead, we worked within my budget.

My fiancee was blown away with her ring and she often receives compliments on her ring. We're definitely returning to Kamni for our bands. Thanks so much, Kamni!

Sent on 09/09/2017

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Hi Chrishana! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with others. We are thrilled everything came out perfect from A-Z. Hope to see you soon!

Arianne Napier · Married on 07/07/2019

Kamni is Absolutely the Best

I have consistently loved Kamni's work. My partner had my engagement ring designed with her and the ring, in my opinion, is nothing short of amazing. The quality of the diamond appears to be gorgeous, the band is unique and throughout the process she was patient, informative, professional, and never once tried to force, haggle or over sell. I've received so many compliments on my ring. As a result, I went to Kamni to design my partners wedding band.

As a result of Kamni's professionalism, I have recommended my colleagues and friends to Designs by Kamni, and they were also impressed and more than happy. Kamni has the ability to see an image, style of ring and completely recreate to something more beautiful than what you could have imagine.

Kamini is LGBTQ/Queer friendly and she has an awesome personality. Kamni is the best!

Designs By Kamni 13
    Sent on 06/17/2019

Karamjit Khela · Married on 06/26/2019

Awesome experience !

Kamni is the only person I know who doesn't try to sell you her most expensive diamond. She works with what you need and what and offers variety of choices. Very pleased with her service, beautiful quality diamonds and rings at a reasonable price. She won't disappoint ! Thank You once again 😄

Designs By Kamni 14
    Sent on 06/26/2019

Peter · Married on 05/18/2019

Kamni did a fantastic job from the very first consultation. She is extremely professional and completely committed to meeting your needs and requirements while offering helpful advice to make better informed choices, which is so critical when you are dealing with something you don't have any experience in.
    Unlike some other jewelers her primary concern is finding out what you want and how best to make it happen, rather than trying to upsell or push anything on you.
    She was able to incorporate my mother's diamond in the design of a new custom ring I had made for my girlfriend in a way that looked great; my girlfriend loves the ring and gets tons of compliments.
    I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Peter, thank you for your kind words! My team and I always try to make the process easy and simple! Thank you for choosing DBK!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth Anderson · Married on 05/18/2019

Engagement & Wedding Ring Perfection

Kamni designed the most perfect engagement ring imaginable for me. She incorporated a family diamond into a unique, modern style flawlessly. I receive compliments on my ring from total strangers almost daily! We loved her work so much that we went back for our wedding bands, which are also perfect. Kamni was a pleasure to work with, she helped us make educated decisions without being pushy and she is so kind which is a major plus. I'm so happy my fiance chose her!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

I am so happy to have worked with you both as well. We created something stunning, glad you love it :) Look forward to working together again!!!

Jennifer · Married on 03/30/2019

My husband and I worked with Kamni for both my engagement ring and wedding band. He had a preliminary meeting with her in the city before we both met with her on Long Island. Kamni was responsive, patient and helped us navigate what can be a daunting process. When it came time for a wedding band, I knew exactly what I wanted, but could not find it anywhere. I reached out to Kamni, sent over some pictures, met with her once to talk about the design and handed over the reigns with complete faith that she understood my vision. She customized the ring and it is perfect (and she did it for way less money than I was expecting)! When it came to getting a ring for my husband, she was extremely honest and fair, and made recommendations we are both very grateful for.

I have already recommended her to my friends for whenever they are ready!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Preeti · Married on 11/23/2018

Kamni and her group care about each piece they provide! I went in for a sizing after I was proposed to, and Kamni helped me understand the different options I had, as well as provide me with all pros and cons of cutting my band verses placing ring stoppers. The attention to detail was so refreshing! She provided tips on how to maintain my ring and reassured me that any issue with my ring would be directly handled by her team. She shows genuine care for her customers and her creations!

Sent on 10/01/2018

sheetal · Married on 11/10/2018

I want to start this review by saying that I am a tremendously picky, not easily impressed, and can be a difficult client. Because of that, I designed my own ring and went to many designers before choosing Kamni. I told her exactly what I wanted and exactly the reaction that I wanted friends and family to have to it. She got it down more perfectly than the image in my head. I am telling you, she is the best of the best. My ring is ridiculous and has been the talk of the town since I got it. It shines like crazy and the setting is so unbelievably done that people just stare at it. Today, someone came from another office because they heard about my ring. Kamni is not a regular jeweler. She is absolutely the top of her game, absolutely. I couldnt give a stronger recommendation.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Hi Sheetal, thank you for giving us the opportunity to make you happy and make dreams come true! We loved working with you!

Erina · Married on 11/10/2018

I've had my heart set on Kamni's "DBK Classic" for what feels like years now, so when it was time for my then boyfriend to propose, he knew who to contact. It is seriously even better than I thought it would be and I am SO glad he went directly through Kamni even though he was apprehensive at first since we live in Houston. We even went ring shopping here before to see if there was anything else I'd like, but nothing compared to what I knew Kamni could deliver. He ended up getting the center stone through James Allen and Kamni was very accommodating with that and perfectly mounted it in the setting for us. Thank you so much for making the most gorgeous and special piece of jewelry I will ever own!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Erina thank you so much for your kind words! I’m happy that we were able to design the perfect ring for you! Congrats once again!

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2018

When my "boyfriend" and I were looking to purchase an engagement ring, we researched many local and online jewelers. This is a big step in our lives and we wanted to do it together. I was very disappointed with the local jewelers and we ended up turning to online. We were both very hesitant at first about working remotely on such an expensive purchase, but I am so glad we made the leap and went with Designs By Kamni!

I came across DBK on social media and instantly fell in love with her work. What really made us decide to work with her was her outstanding customer service (and her many positive reviews). Customer service is extremely important to us when purchasing online. She made it so easy and relaxed. She was always very responsive and answered all our crazy questions. She never made us feel pressured and she worked around our schedule. Kamni also has very competitive pricing and worked to stay in our budget. Kamni worked really fast and made it in time before the crazy engagement holiday season.

Now what everyone really wants to know...the ring. The ring is absolutely stunning! The craftsman ship is impeccable and it is my dream ring. Kamni listened to everything I liked and turned it into the perfect piece of jewelry to represent our love and devotion. Thank you Kamni!

We would highly recommend Kamni and plan on working again with her in the future!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Courtney, thank you for sharing your experience! We try to make the process for you easy and smooth! Thank you so much for choosing DBK!

Brittany · Married on 10/06/2018

When it finally came time to shop for an engagement ring I knew just where to send my now fiancé. We worked with Kamni to design the ring, and then they finalized the process so that I would be surprised! Kamni helped my fiancé pick out the perfect diamond and create the exact setting that I had envisioned. The process was personal and easy. We will be going back for our wedding bands and hopefully other pieces down the road!

Sent on 02/07/2017

Designs By Kamni's reply:

I’m happy that we could make your process easy and smooth! Thank you for being part of the DBK family! And hope to see you soon for your wedding bands!

Robert · Married on 09/15/2018

I'm very grateful that I was able to work with Kamni and her team during this important time in my life. The professionalism along with friendly customer service coulnd't be any better!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Thank you Robert for your kind words! It’s my pleasure to serve and have been able to impact your journey!

Christopher · Married on 09/14/2018

Look nowhere else but here for the perfect ring! From start to finish I could not have asked for anything else. Kamni was awesome in helping describe her process and her product and gave excellent advice throughout to help make everything about the ring perfect.

Sent on 05/09/2017

Designs By Kamni's reply:

Christopher, thank you for choosing DBK! My team and I were happy to help you design your perfect ring! We hope to see you soon!