Designed Events Reviews

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Maria

Maria Shiflett · Getting married on 12/28/2019

Excellent customer service

They're fully considering using this company for my reception

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 06/15/2019

Yummmmmmmmy!

Designed Events was absolutely everything we ever wanted in a caterer...and more!! John was so responsive to my emails, even when things were changing within the same week of the wedding, he had me covered.
    We were doing a destination wedding so we never got to taste the food ahead of time, but being vegetarians, when we saw the spread he suggested for our wedding, our jaws dropped. It was mouth watering even hundreds of miles away!
    The staff was so incredibly friendly and professional, it was so lovely. Our guests raved about the food, even though we had several meat-eaters in our family, none of them were unsatisfied with the all-veggie/fish menu! They kept raving at how delicious everything was!
    The best part of Designed Events that really set them apart from other vendors was the fact that they didn't treat our dietary request as just another run of the mill boring diet. They jazzed up the menu so much and provided so many options, enough to really please every pallet.
    We are SO happy that we booked with Designed Events!!! Thank you!!!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Olivia,
    We are so pleased that you were happy your wedding, especially the veggie menu. We had a lot of fun designing it and wanted to make it above the standard cheese and fruit tray and mushrooms.
    Best wishes for a long and prosperous life together!!
  • Victoria

Victoria Anderson · Married on 06/01/2019

10/10 perfection! Way beyond your average "wedding food"

Wow where to start.. what an incredible company & group of professionals. From our initial emails, and meetings, numerous phone calls and tasting, Mark and John were extremely responsive and very very accomodating to everything we wanted for our big day. Alice is a phenomenal chef and they created a menu that many many many guests are talking about even after the wedding. They were extremely friendly, punctual and their food is TOP QUALITY. That is what we loved most. They created a special menu just for us. We did a family style for over 135 guests and everything went perfect. We decided to do an Italian Wedding soup after our salad, and HOLY SMOKES IT WAS THE BEST IVE EVER HAD. We heard numerous comments throughout the night saying "This is not your average wedding food...can we get the recipes?". For weeks following we are still receiving compliments on our delicious our food was. It was something different than your traditional buffet or plated, and it was worth every penny! The steak was perfectly cooked, the bread warm and soft, soup large portion and very unique, the shrimp cooked to perfection with a dash of spice and the veggies and pasta complimented the proteins perfectly. Their staff was very friendly, dressed professionaly, never was there a dirty dish or glass left on the table. They were very considerate during speeches and always ensuring we had everything we needed throughout the night. I couldn't have asked for a better caterer for our wedding. Thank you all so much for being a HUGE part of our wedding day and the dream it was!
    All our best,
    Tori and Carter Anderson
    June 1, River House Wedding, St Augustine, Florida

Sent on 06/24/2019

Tori and Cater,
    Thank you for the stellar review! And yes, we will give out recipes if your guests still want them. They were a really fun group too!
    Please stay in touch.
    Our best to you forever!

Jessica · Married on 01/19/2019

DEI is Awesome

The quality of DEI's food cannot be topped. Guests continue to rave about various aspects of the menu. The service staff was friendly and very attentive.

Sent on 01/28/2019

Jessica and Eddie,
    Thank you, thank you! It was a pleasure (and fun!) being a part of your wedding at Crosswater Hall.
    We wish you all the best life has to offer!

Sue · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful and stress free!

I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for the great food and wonderful service! Everyone raved about the food and about how nice all of you were. We totally agree. You made our wedding day a huge success. And the feedback during the reception allowed us to relax and truly enjoy the evening.
    Thanks again!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you for your comments!
    We love catering weddings and it was certainly our pleasure to be a part of yours!
    Plus, your guests were wonderful!
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding Reception

Designed Events was absolutely amazing on our wedding day. They were very efficient, helpful, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Madison,
    Thank you so much. It was truly our pleasure to work with you and what a gorgeous bride!!
    Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!

Lisa · Married on 06/23/2018

Outstanding food!

Mark & John and their team did such an amazing job at our wedding. From presentation to taste to service it was top notch. I first went to them with an idea of a large antipasto table and chef pasta station. They made that idea come to life and our guests raved about it. The display was fantastic!

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Designed Events 13
    Designed Events 14
    Designed Events 15

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2018

Marc, John and their catering team were absolutely wonderful! They delivered on all levels and we could not have been happier! Our wedding guests gave excellent compliments, some of which told us this was the best wedding dinner they have ever had! Simply great all around!

Kristen Kearns Atkinson

Sent on 04/23/2018

Designed Events's reply:

We appreciate the kind words. We were more than happy to work with you; it's been an absolute pleasure! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day! Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you the best!

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2017

I hired their catering services for our rehearsal dinner that we hosted at a hotel. They were so reasonable, professional, and provided excellent services to our guest. Our guests loved dinner option we selected and received nothing but compliments throughout the evening! Thank you so much for your services!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Designed Events's reply:

We were honored to be a small part of your special weekend and are truly pleased you enjoyed our services. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!
  • jacquelyn

jacquelyn · Married on 11/11/2016

Designed Events really know what they are doing when it comes to food! Everything was cooked fresh on site, tasted perfectly and we even had left overs the next day! They seriously delivered. The appetizers were delicious and the main courses were talked about all night long. They were easy to work with, super friendly and as I said everything they prepared was perfect. Their staff were extremely accommodating and laid back. They provided a special entree for just myself and the groom as we don't eat meat but wanted all the other meat-eaters to enjoy themselves. They even packaged up the left over food and left it in the refrigerator on site (private residence) for us to each the next day. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day!

Heather · Married on 11/04/2016

If I had to sum up our experience with Mark and John of Designed Events in just one word it would have to be: Perfection! From our first tasting, where we were not only crazy about their food, but instantly felt at ease with what we knew would be perfect execution of our wedding to the pre-wedding appointments where they were fully invested in making sure the layout of our venue space was perfect to the day of our wedding where they treated our guests like royalty, the attention to detail, the professionalism, everything was completely 100% with these guys!! Our guests have been raving about our food, even now a week later! The service staff were absolutely amazing, always there with exactly what every guest needed, so kind and helpful and professional – they were seriously everything! If you are looking for high quality food, that is made with pride and attention to detail, if you are looking for your guests to be well taken care of, if you’re looking for the best, then you have found them!! Mark and John there will never be enough thankyous for all your care, hard work and masterful talent you brought to our wedding! We are so happy that we chose you!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Heather,

Ana · Married on 10/15/2016

I don't even know where to begin. I know many of you are reading through so many reviews but please take a second and hear me out.... planning your wedding is tough. especially when you don't know how everything will turn out on the big day. I am freshly back from my honeymoon and here is where I stand.... The planning process with John and Mark was easy, yet detailed. I loved that they heard our vision but molded the menu into a 5 star dining experience. The tasting they offered in the beginning gave you a great idea of what to expect. They are not just any caterers. They are passionate about their business and their art. Leading up to the big day, I was emailing them with question and last minute changes and they accommodated quickly and helped guide my indecisive mind. Which leads us to the main event... EVERY single person I spoke to that attended the wedding was floored by how incredible the food was. So many kept saying they are so used to the food at weddings being so-so and nothing special but not ours. Designed Events! Designed Events! Designed Events. I could not scream their name enough. They are incredible and I will definitely be recommending anyone I know to them, as well as hopefully using them in the future. Thank you guys for truly making our day special. We love you guys!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Designed Events's reply:

We are just as WOW'd by your awesome review - thank you, thank you!! We loved working with you too. You made it easy and so fun! We really do feel close to our clients and work hard to make sure they are happy. We love hearing this feedback and it motivates us to continue. Thank you again! it's so nice to be appreciated with such kind words.

Heidi · Married on 08/13/2016

Designed Events catered my daughters St. Augustine wedding a few weeks ago and I can't say enough great things about them. Guests are still contacting us raving about the food. They put together such a unique, fresh menu, not typical wedding food. From the appetizers to desserts, it was all phenomenal and the quality was equal to that of any fine dining establishment.. Everyone wants to know how they cooked the turkey and beef tenderloin because it was truly the best we've ever had! And not only was the food incredible, just dealing with Mark and John was so easy. From our very first conversation one year prior to the wedding, right down to the day of the wedding, was just a great experience. Even during the last week when I bombarded them with 100 emails, they responded quickly and really put me at ease. Thank you so much Designed Events....you knocked it out of the ballpark!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Heidi,

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

Designed Events was the caterer for my daughter's wedding last weekend. To be honest, I chose Designed Events after a couple of recommendations, I didn't really do a lot of research. I've never been to a wedding where the food was very memorable, so it really wasn't one of my top priorities. From the beginning, Mark & John were very easy to work with and they helped me select a simple yet sophisticated menu. At the wedding reception I was so impressed with the professionalism, the beautiful presentation of the food, the speed of service, and last but not least, the delicious food! My husband and I were truly shocked at how great the food was - it was not your typical wedding fare. In the days since the wedding, family & friends have continued to mention the delicious meal when they talk about the wedding. I couldn't be more pleased! I have a younger daughter, so when the time comes for her wedding, I will surely work with them again.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Diane,
    Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your daughter's special day!

beth · Married on 04/16/2016

When I started to plan my daughter's wedding I asked the venue coordinator a simple question... "Who is the BEST caterer you know and who would you hire for your daughter's wedding?" Without hesitation she replied, "If it were me I would only used Designed Events". Well, that was certainly some of the best advice I took navigating my way thru the planning of a very formal wedding. Mark and John are NOT your ordinary caterers....really more of a personal chef and concierge team.
    They get it...Working with them was an incredible experience and joyful event as we meticulously crafted an awesome menu. And the results? It truly was a 5 star dining experience in every way. We are beyond grateful to them and their team for the exceptional service and food they provided. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Thank you so much Beth!

We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! We were so grateful you chose Designed Events, Inc. and we hope your experience will be one you remember for a long time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your daughter's special day! -John and Mark

Allison · Married on 03/19/2016

Not only was the food absolutely delicious but it was beautifully presented! I LOVED everyone at designed events especially Jon he is just the sweetest. I would book them for any event in the future and appreciate everything they did to help make our day the best day ever. All of our guests tell us how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Allison,

Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed and had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day! -John and Mark

Joan · Married on 02/21/2016

We have used this caterer for two events after being impressed by their work at someone else's event. Delicious, abundant food, presented beautifully. Great servers - friendly and professional.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Joan,

Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your day! -John and Mark

Scyles · Married on 11/21/2015

have been involved in 3 weddings and numerous other events/parties that Designed Events has catered. John, Mark and the entire staff are truly a joy to work with and NEVER disappoint! The food is always delicious and presentation is uniquely beautiful. They are extremely professional yet still manage to make everyone feel so comfortable. Designed Events is the best caterer- event planner in town and will put your special occasion over the top!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Scyles,

Thank you for your wonderful words! We really do strive to put our best foot forward. We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience! Thank you again! -John and Mark

Chelsea · Married on 11/21/2015

Designed Events catered my wedding on 11/21/15 and I have experienced their service at several other events. The team at DE goes above and beyond! They are not your traditional caterers and it was certainly not your “typical” wedding food. The menu was tailored to our needs and liking and was the quality that you would expect from a high end restaurant. They checked in with me several times before the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of before the event. The day of, the food was amazing and just as I remembered it from our tasting appointment. Mark made sure to come and check on me the day of to make sure I was satisfied with everything. All of their staff is extremely kind and went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. All of our guests raved about the food and commented on how nice the staff was. In addition to the amazing food and service, their prices are very reasonable compared to other caterers. You will not be disappointed if you chose Designed Events for your catering needs!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! Best wishes to you both for a beautiful life together. We enjoyed working with you and appreciate your kind words!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2015

Designed Events did an OUTSTANDING job at our wedding. We read stunning reviews of the food and service from this company so we were hoping they would be available for our big day. The first time meeting John & Mark at the tasting we were immediately welcomed into their beautiful store front and were blown away by the food we tried. They were great with food recommendations and pairings. They even helped us determine alcohol amounts to purchase since we were providing our own.

These guys are AMAZING! All of their staff was so friendly and helpful on the day of the wedding. While we were taking pictures after the ceremony, we could smell the steaks being cooked at the venue and it smelled AMAZING! All of our guests RAVED about how amazing the food was for the appetizers, salads, and the MAIN EVENT. The surf and turf, steak and shrimp combo was delicious and our vegan friends/family were very impressed with the vegan plate option! The presentation was absolutely beautiful; like artwork on a plate. The mark of an impressive caterer is how well the steaks were prepared for 113 guests!! Everyone at my table noted the steaks were cooked perfectly (And we have some picky eaters in our group). :) That Chimichurri sauce is TO DIE FOR!

Designed Events ALSO had the most excellent idea of booking Kilwin's for a Ice Cream Sundae bar which was such a special treat for our ice cream loving families.

If you want food that is DELICIOUS, served to perfection with folks that have the warmest and most fun loving personalities, then Designed Events is absolutely who you should call for all of your wedding/events/catering needs.

On a personal note, we so enjoyed how Mark and John made myself, my husband, and my parents feel like part of their family. Good food and service is one thing, but having such a personable connection with the caterer makes the big day even more special. They provided top of the line service and food and I will always recommend them very highly.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Lindsay, Thank you so much for your kind review! We definitely felt part of your family after meeting with everyone, working with you and getting to know you. What a delight you are! Your wedding was stunning and we were honored to be part of your special day!

I have gone on every site imaginable to review them as the best caterer I have ever worked with and they had the most incredible food. If I did my wedding all over again I would book them time and time again!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! We so appreciate your kind words & reviews!!

Kathy · Married on 07/18/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience with John and Mark at Designed Events ... everything was SPECTACULAR! From the kindness and professionalism to the attention to detail, they were incredible. The food, however, stole the show! With the most unique and beautiful presentation, each and every dish at my daughter's wedding reception was perfect and delicious. Due to limited space, they prepared two long buffet tables out of sight, then wheeled them onto the dance floor in a moment's notice. They had it ready to go in less than two minutes (!) and managed to serve 170 guests in 20 minutes ... with food that inspired hundreds of compliments from the guests. I cou

Sent on 07/24/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Wow, thank you Kathy! It was a gorgeous wedding with a stunning couple and wonderful family. We were honored to be your caterer and part of your special day!

I can't say enough good things about these guys. They bent over backwards to accommodate last minute issues and the food was amazing. I had tried them at another reception I went to and gave them a shot and the dreaded first meeting was relaxed, informative and we knew by the time we left that they would help make my daughter's day spectacular. And...they did NOT disappoint! They pay such attention to detail. My only regrets are that we did not know about them 3 years ago when our other daughter got married.

They also handled the bar service for our venue and the bartenders were awesome! We provided the liquor, and they provided everything else including pleasant service to all of our guests. I have a friend that has asked for recommendations and I proudly gave Designed Events information.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Designed Events's reply:

We so appreciate your kind words. Thank you!!

Chelsea · Married on 06/20/2015

This company went above and beyond for my wedding. We had numbers constantly changing and also had a guest with serious dietary issues that they accommodated. The staff was so sweet and was very friendly and personable. The good was absolutely delicious. Best food I have had in years.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Chelsea, We loved catering your fabulous wedding. Thank you for your kind words!!