Designed Events Reviews

67 | Jacksonville, FL

67 Reviews for Designed Events

Sue · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful and stress free!

I just wanted to say ‘thank you’ for the great food and wonderful service! Everyone raved about the food and about how nice all of you were. We totally agree. You made our wedding day a huge success. And the feedback during the reception allowed us to relax and truly enjoy the evening.
    Thanks again!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you for your comments! We love catering weddings and it was certainly our pleasure to be a part of yours! Plus, your guests were wonderful!
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 09/01/2018

Wedding Reception

Designed Events was absolutely amazing on our wedding day. They were very efficient, helpful, and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Designed Events's reply:

Madison, Thank you so much. It was truly our pleasure to work with you and what a gorgeous bride!! Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness! John & Mark

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2018

Marc, John and their catering team were absolutely wonderful! They delivered on all levels and we could not have been happier! Our wedding guests gave excellent compliments, some of which told us this was the best wedding dinner they have ever had! Simply great all around!

Kristen Kearns Atkinson

Sent on 04/23/2018

Designed Events's reply:

We appreciate the kind words. We were more than happy to work with you; it's been an absolute pleasure! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your special day! Congratulations on your wedding and we wish you the best!

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2017

I hired their catering services for our rehearsal dinner that we hosted at a hotel. They were so reasonable, professional, and provided excellent services to our guest. Our guests loved dinner option we selected and received nothing but compliments throughout the evening! Thank you so much for your services!

Sent on 05/17/2017

Designed Events's reply:

We were honored to be a small part of your special weekend and are truly pleased you enjoyed our services. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!!
  • jacquelyn

jacquelyn · Married on 11/11/2016

Designed Events really know what they are doing when it comes to food! Everything was cooked fresh on site, tasted perfectly and we even had left overs the next day! They seriously delivered. The appetizers were delicious and the main courses were talked about all night long. They were easy to work with, super friendly and as I said everything they prepared was perfect. Their staff were extremely accommodating and laid back. They provided a special entree for just myself and the groom as we don't eat meat but wanted all the other meat-eaters to enjoy themselves. They even packaged up the left over food and left it in the refrigerator on site (private residence) for us to each the next day. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/28/2016

Heather · Married on 11/04/2016

If I had to sum up our experience with Mark and John of Designed Events in just one word it would have to be: Perfection! From our first tasting, where we were not only crazy about their food, but instantly felt at ease with what we knew would be perfect execution of our wedding to the pre-wedding appointments where they were fully invested in making sure the layout of our venue space was perfect to the day of our wedding where they treated our guests like royalty, the attention to detail, the professionalism, everything was completely 100% with these guys!! Our guests have been raving about our food, even now a week later! The service staff were absolutely amazing, always there with exactly what every guest needed, so kind and helpful and professional – they were seriously everything! If you are looking for high quality food, that is made with pride and attention to detail, if you are looking for your guests to be well taken care of, if you’re looking for the best, then you have found them!! Mark and John there will never be enough thankyous for all your care, hard work and masterful talent you brought to our wedding! We are so happy that we chose you!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Heather, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day! -John and Mark

Ana · Married on 10/15/2016

I don't even know where to begin. I know many of you are reading through so many reviews but please take a second and hear me out.... planning your wedding is tough. especially when you don't know how everything will turn out on the big day. I am freshly back from my honeymoon and here is where I stand.... The planning process with John and Mark was easy, yet detailed. I loved that they heard our vision but molded the menu into a 5 star dining experience. The tasting they offered in the beginning gave you a great idea of what to expect. They are not just any caterers. They are passionate about their business and their art. Leading up to the big day, I was emailing them with question and last minute changes and they accommodated quickly and helped guide my indecisive mind. Which leads us to the main event... EVERY single person I spoke to that attended the wedding was floored by how incredible the food was. So many kept saying they are so used to the food at weddings being so-so and nothing special but not ours. Designed Events! Designed Events! Designed Events. I could not scream their name enough. They are incredible and I will definitely be recommending anyone I know to them, as well as hopefully using them in the future. Thank you guys for truly making our day special. We love you guys!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Designed Events's reply:

We are just as WOW'd by your awesome review - thank you, thank you!! We loved working with you too. You made it easy and so fun! We really do feel close to our clients and work hard to make sure they are happy. We love hearing this feedback and it motivates us to continue. Thank you again! it's so nice to be appreciated with such kind words.

Heidi · Married on 08/13/2016

Designed Events catered my daughters St. Augustine wedding a few weeks ago and I can't say enough great things about them. Guests are still contacting us raving about the food. They put together such a unique, fresh menu, not typical wedding food. From the appetizers to desserts, it was all phenomenal and the quality was equal to that of any fine dining establishment.. Everyone wants to know how they cooked the turkey and beef tenderloin because it was truly the best we've ever had! And not only was the food incredible, just dealing with Mark and John was so easy. From our very first conversation one year prior to the wedding, right down to the day of the wedding, was just a great experience. Even during the last week when I bombarded them with 100 emails, they responded quickly and really put me at ease. Thank you so much Designed Events....you knocked it out of the ballpark!!

Sent on 08/26/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Heidi, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day! -John and Mark

Diane · Married on 07/16/2016

Designed Events was the caterer for my daughter's wedding last weekend. To be honest, I chose Designed Events after a couple of recommendations, I didn't really do a lot of research. I've never been to a wedding where the food was very memorable, so it really wasn't one of my top priorities. From the beginning, Mark & John were very easy to work with and they helped me select a simple yet sophisticated menu. At the wedding reception I was so impressed with the professionalism, the beautiful presentation of the food, the speed of service, and last but not least, the delicious food! My husband and I were truly shocked at how great the food was - it was not your typical wedding fare. In the days since the wedding, family & friends have continued to mention the delicious meal when they talk about the wedding. I couldn't be more pleased! I have a younger daughter, so when the time comes for her wedding, I will surely work with them again.

Sent on 07/23/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Diane, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your daughter's special day! -John and Mark

beth · Married on 04/16/2016

When I started to plan my daughter's wedding I asked the venue coordinator a simple question... "Who is the BEST caterer you know and who would you hire for your daughter's wedding?" Without hesitation she replied, "If it were me I would only used Designed Events". Well, that was certainly some of the best advice I took navigating my way thru the planning of a very formal wedding. Mark and John are NOT your ordinary caterers....really more of a personal chef and concierge team.
    They get it...Working with them was an incredible experience and joyful event as we meticulously crafted an awesome menu. And the results? It truly was a 5 star dining experience in every way. We are beyond grateful to them and their team for the exceptional service and food they provided. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 03/27/2018

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you so much Beth! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! We were so grateful you chose Designed Events, Inc. and we hope your experience will be one you remember for a long time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your daughter's special day! -John and Mark

Allison · Married on 03/19/2016

Not only was the food absolutely delicious but it was beautifully presented! I LOVED everyone at designed events especially Jon he is just the sweetest. I would book them for any event in the future and appreciate everything they did to help make our day the best day ever. All of our guests tell us how it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding!!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Allison, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you and your guests enjoyed and had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your special day! -John and Mark

Joan · Married on 02/21/2016

We have used this caterer for two events after being impressed by their work at someone else's event. Delicious, abundant food, presented beautifully. Great servers - friendly and professional.

Sent on 03/10/2016

Designed Events's reply:

Joan, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your day! -John and Mark

Scyles · Married on 11/21/2015

have been involved in 3 weddings and numerous other events/parties that Designed Events has catered. John, Mark and the entire staff are truly a joy to work with and NEVER disappoint! The food is always delicious and presentation is uniquely beautiful. They are extremely professional yet still manage to make everyone feel so comfortable. Designed Events is the best caterer- event planner in town and will put your special occasion over the top!

Sent on 12/18/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Scyles, Thank you for your wonderful words! We really do strive to put our best foot forward. We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had such a positive experience! Thank you again! -John and Mark

Chelsea · Married on 11/21/2015

Designed Events catered my wedding on 11/21/15 and I have experienced their service at several other events. The team at DE goes above and beyond! They are not your traditional caterers and it was certainly not your “typical” wedding food. The menu was tailored to our needs and liking and was the quality that you would expect from a high end restaurant. They checked in with me several times before the wedding to make sure everything was taken care of before the event. The day of, the food was amazing and just as I remembered it from our tasting appointment. Mark made sure to come and check on me the day of to make sure I was satisfied with everything. All of their staff is extremely kind and went above and beyond to ensure our day was perfect. All of our guests raved about the food and commented on how nice the staff was. In addition to the amazing food and service, their prices are very reasonable compared to other caterers. You will not be disappointed if you chose Designed Events for your catering needs!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you Chelsea! Best wishes to you both for a beautiful life together. We enjoyed working with you and appreciate your kind words!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 10/24/2015

Designed Events did an OUTSTANDING job at our wedding. We read stunning reviews of the food and service from this company so we were hoping they would be available for our big day. The first time meeting John & Mark at the tasting we were immediately welcomed into their beautiful store front and were blown away by the food we tried. They were great with food recommendations and pairings. They even helped us determine alcohol amounts to purchase since we were providing our own.

These guys are AMAZING! All of their staff was so friendly and helpful on the day of the wedding. While we were taking pictures after the ceremony, we could smell the steaks being cooked at the venue and it smelled AMAZING! All of our guests RAVED about how amazing the food was for the appetizers, salads, and the MAIN EVENT. The surf and turf, steak and shrimp combo was delicious and our vegan friends/family were very impressed with the vegan plate option! The presentation was absolutely beautiful; like artwork on a plate. The mark of an impressive caterer is how well the steaks were prepared for 113 guests!! Everyone at my table noted the steaks were cooked perfectly (And we have some picky eaters in our group). :) That Chimichurri sauce is TO DIE FOR!

Designed Events ALSO had the most excellent idea of booking Kilwin's for a Ice Cream Sundae bar which was such a special treat for our ice cream loving families.

If you want food that is DELICIOUS, served to perfection with folks that have the warmest and most fun loving personalities, then Designed Events is absolutely who you should call for all of your wedding/events/catering needs.

On a personal note, we so enjoyed how Mark and John made myself, my husband, and my parents feel like part of their family. Good food and service is one thing, but having such a personable connection with the caterer makes the big day even more special. They provided top of the line service and food and I will always recommend them very highly.

Sent on 11/05/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Lindsay, Thank you so much for your kind review! We definitely felt part of your family after meeting with everyone, working with you and getting to know you. What a delight you are! Your wedding was stunning and we were honored to be part of your special day!

I have gone on every site imaginable to review them as the best caterer I have ever worked with and they had the most incredible food. If I did my wedding all over again I would book them time and time again!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! We so appreciate your kind words & reviews!!

Kathy · Married on 07/18/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience with John and Mark at Designed Events ... everything was SPECTACULAR! From the kindness and professionalism to the attention to detail, they were incredible. The food, however, stole the show! With the most unique and beautiful presentation, each and every dish at my daughter's wedding reception was perfect and delicious. Due to limited space, they prepared two long buffet tables out of sight, then wheeled them onto the dance floor in a moment's notice. They had it ready to go in less than two minutes (!) and managed to serve 170 guests in 20 minutes ... with food that inspired hundreds of compliments from the guests. I cou

Sent on 07/24/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Wow, thank you Kathy! It was a gorgeous wedding with a stunning couple and wonderful family. We were honored to be your caterer and part of your special day!

I can't say enough good things about these guys. They bent over backwards to accommodate last minute issues and the food was amazing. I had tried them at another reception I went to and gave them a shot and the dreaded first meeting was relaxed, informative and we knew by the time we left that they would help make my daughter's day spectacular. And...they did NOT disappoint! They pay such attention to detail. My only regrets are that we did not know about them 3 years ago when our other daughter got married.

They also handled the bar service for our venue and the bartenders were awesome! We provided the liquor, and they provided everything else including pleasant service to all of our guests. I have a friend that has asked for recommendations and I proudly gave Designed Events information.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Designed Events's reply:

We so appreciate your kind words. Thank you!!

Chelsea · Married on 06/20/2015

This company went above and beyond for my wedding. We had numbers constantly changing and also had a guest with serious dietary issues that they accommodated. The staff was so sweet and was very friendly and personable. The good was absolutely delicious. Best food I have had in years.

Sent on 07/17/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Chelsea, We loved catering your fabulous wedding. Thank you for your kind words!!

Sue · Married on 06/13/2015

Locating an exceptional caterer for our daughter’s wedding reception was a must, as we wanted our guests to be served a meal they would remember! Designed Events exceeded our expectations! Even though the wedding was two months ago, our guests are still RAVING about the FABULOUS FOOD…..from the hors d’ oeuvres served butler style through the beautifully presented buffet dinner! They spent countless hours helping us customize our menu as they offer a wide variety of selections. Though we worked mostly with Mark, both he and John made us feel as though we were their only clients, which is far from the truth! Now, we know why Designed Events is in so high demand….their food and service are second to none! A bonus for us is that they are very familiar with River House in St. Augustine, so they were totally at home while preparing the most delicious food EVER!!! Their attention to detail and their surroundings helped create the ‘dream’ reception for our daughter and her husband.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Sue, Thank you for your wonderful words! We love hearing about client experiences and we are so happy to hear you had a great time! Thank you again for letting us be a part of your daughter's special day! -John and Mark

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2015

I am still dreaming of the food served throughout our wedding day, and it has been over two months since I had a bite of the delicious offerings! My husband and I were completely overwhelmed by the wonderful meal served at our wedding. Designed Events knows what they are doing when it comes to catering an event-- their reputation is impeccable and through our experiences, it is evident as to why! I was so very impressed by each aspect of the menu-- everything from the hors d'oeuvre to the buffet! I primarily interacted with mark, and the ease in which him and his team worked to continuously consult and re-work the menu to ensure we would satisfy our diverse guests' tastes, while also accommodating my husband's picky eater tendencies. They managed to create the perfect menu!! We opted a buffet option and Designed Events ensured that the food was hot and fresh just as it would have been prepared for a plated meal, but the staff of Designed Events managed to get all of our Guests through the line in record time! I could talk about the food for days... and find myself referencing it most days; however, it is necessary to say that the only thing that could rival the wonderful taste and presentation of food would be the service. As I mentioned, Mark's detail and response to all of our questions made us feel that we were his sole focus (we recognize that Designed Events is a highly in-demand group, and we were most certainly not the only client); however, it was more than just providing food for one-day. I think the occasion that most exemplifies their level of service is when we were having some difficulty finding a florist. Not only did Mark recommend a florists, but he physically drove my mom, sister-in-law and me to the florist's shop and sat with us throughout the whole consultation. His dedication to our event was truly appreciated, and we will most definitely keep Designed Events in mind for any future events and highly recommend the caterer to any other couple!

Sent on 08/23/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Wowza!! What a super review - thank you! We are humbled by your message and grateful for your business. It is our goal to make sure each bride feels special. While we cater weddings often, brides should feel like their day is the most important thing on our books. And it is!! Hearing your sweet feedback is music to our ears, Jennifer. You are a beautiful person inside and outside and we look forward to being able to work with you again. Thanks again!!

Jennifer · Married on 03/28/2015

Our School has been working with Designed Events for the last several years, using their catering services for function sizes ranging from small groups to large gala dinners for 300. Mark and John provide a wonderful experience for the customer. They excel at creating interesting and creative dishes while using their vast knowledge to ensure that the menu will be well-executed and well-received. They and their staff are consistently professional and dependable. Without fail they provide exceptional food and services with beautiful display and presentation. We receive several post-event phone calls asking for their contact information every time we use Designed Events. I recommend them highly.

Edi · Married on 02/28/2015

Hi Mark

We wanted to send you and your team a big thank you for catering our wedding! The food was fabulous -and presentation was wonderful - our guests were very complimentary and wanted to know who was our caterer! The service and attention of your staff was also wonderful- everyone commented how attentive they were and what a great job they did making everything just right!
    Please tell everyone thank you for making our day so special! You guys rock!
    Regards,

Edi and Gloria

Sent on 03/30/2015

Designed Events's reply:

You're wedding was lovely, and we so enjoyed working with you! Thank you so much for your business. We hope to work with you again. Best wishes you two!!

Allison · Married on 01/17/2015

These caterers are simply the best. Mark sold us when he listened to our broad thoughts and then ran with planning a menu. He could describe exactly how everything was prepared and even where the ingredients were sourced. I could not imagine better food or service from anyone. All the wait staff were professional and fun. Everyone is still talking about the best wedding food ever. Now if I could just figure out where I could use them again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Thank you Mark, John and complete staff for making the best night of our lives so deliciously memorable. Don't you need a taste tester on staff??

Sent on 02/04/2015

Designed Events's reply:

Wow, what a sweet review - thank you!! We had a blast working together. Your wedding was amazingly beautiful. We so appreciate great clients like you. Can I dream up another event so we can do this again soon? Seriously! We wish you all our best for a long, happy life together. Thank you again! Mark, John, Rosemary & our DEI staff

Lauren · Married on 11/22/2014

Where do I begin to sing their praises!? Mark shine, John and Rosemary are the most fabulous team with the most incredible supportive staff. The entire process was so stress free and they sincerely made our wedding so unforgettable! People have been talking about how good the food was all month !:) They were so flexible and have great recommendations to fit our budget. The buffet was set beautifully and every single dish was better than the tasting! It was delicious! we love you and thank you so much for making it so special!!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Designed Events's reply:

Lauren, It was certainly our pleasure and thank you for the wonderful review! You were a joy to work with as well. Additionally, your guests were fantastic! They obviously support your union wholeheartedly and made that know all evening, which in turn made our jobs a lot easier too! Best wishes from our entire staff!