Design Cuisine Caterers Reviews

57 | Arlington, VA

57 Reviews for Design Cuisine Caterers

• Katie

Katie · Married on 10/18/2019

INCREDIBLE food and service!

Design Cuisine is the exclusive caterer to our venue, Woodlawn. Usually this is sort of terrifying because you feel “stuck” with a caterer you didn’t choose. If Woodlawn’s gorgeous venue didn’t sell you yet, LET DESIGN CUISINE DO IT WITH EASE. They are true professionals and their service is some of the BEST I’ve ever seen. We worked with Claire, who was helpful, understanding, and extremely responsive – even on the morning of my wedding. The Design Cuisine showroom in Shirlington is massive – so many choices for every type of wedding/style you can imagine. Claire helped us narrow down the look we were going for and helped us create a vision for our entire reception. The tasting had our jaws dropped the entire time. They had our exact linens, chairs, silverware etc. so you could get a good idea of how the reception would feel. For our tasting, they had cooked our ENTIRE wedding menu and even had folks dressed in tuxes serving us in the tasting room. Fast-forward to the day of, I couldn’t stop eating. Usually you find brides don’t have time or their nerves were too high. Nuh-uh – not with Design Cuisine’s food. Everything from the pear salad to the short rib was flawless and tasted exactly like it had (if not better!) than our tasting. We still have guests (over a month later) raving about our food.

Sent on 12/22/2019

Eileen · Married on 07/13/2019

Great customer service!

After a quick change of the catering company at our venue, we were introduced to Design Cuisine. I had been extremely stressed about the catering for our wedding (who wouldn't be?) and was so relieved when I was introduced to Claire. She eased my worries right away and worked with me and my husband's schedule to get us in for a tasting as soon as possible. She is extremely friendly and approachable and eager to help you have the day of your dreams. Design Cuisine made a point to honor our pricing from the previous caterer (which was a nice gesture) but they went above and beyond in customer service. Claire always answered every question promptly (even when they appeared in multiple e-mails!) and provided lots of options that could work. Claire and her team were very flexible in setting up different options for guests so that everyone could enjoy the evening. Everyone at our wedding raved about the food and service from the Design staff members! We are so glad that we had the chance to work with them!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Saori imaizumi · Married on 05/26/2019

Wedding catering

While my contact person for the design cuisine changed twice during my planning process which made me worried and feeling that I have to explain the details over and over, they did a great job on the day of the wedding. The food is actually also very good and the guests loved it. They also tried to help us save some expense by providing various options such ash bringing alcohol by ourselves. While I had a special arrangement of giving sake to guests from the sake barrel, they did it well. I’m thankful that they delivered very well in the end!

Sent on 07/03/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing food and customer service!

After a turn of events a couple months before our wedding, our venue set us up with Design Cuisine - and it could not have worked out better! Not only was the food AMAZING, but their customer service was outstanding. They were essentially left to clean up a mess from another vendor and handled it so well, relieving any stress and making it a seamless transition. We specifically worked with Claire and if you’re able to request her, do it - you’ll have a flawless event with food that people will rave about!

Sent on 05/20/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 04/13/2019

Best Ever!!!!!

Our wedding experience with Design Cuisine could not have been more lovely. The entire planning process with them leading up to the day-of was professional yet also friendly and warm. They did an excellent job helping me put together my vision. The food ended up being gorgeous and so delicious - we had a few guests say it was the best catered wedding food that they had ever eaten. Design made our wedding so special and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 05/15/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Z · Married on 01/20/2019

More than we could have hoped for

If we could give Kevin and the team at Design Cuisine more than 5 stars, we would. We don't quite know how to express how thrilled we were with Design Cuisine. From the start, Kevin and his team were professional and flexible, willing to work with us to make sure that we had the event we wanted. From the menu design to the tastings to the execution of the event, it was nothing short of perfect.

Kevin and his team developed a menu that suited what we were looking for (and even gave us some options we didn't know we wanted). When we threw out ideas about other things we wanted to consider, Kevin was willing to make changes and/or be honest about what would or would not work. We were lucky enough to have both sets of our parents join us for our tasting -- an experience that was amazing and is one that we all will cherish for many years to come.

At the wedding itself, service was seamless. From the cocktail hour and passed hors d'oeuvres until the last late night snack was served, there were no issues. Many of our guests commented that this was the best food they had ever had at a wedding. We also had our cake done through Design and I can't count how many compliments we got -- people said things like, "I don't eat cake at weddings, but this one is amazing."

We can't say enough good things about Design. Most importantly, it was a beautiful meal that we will remember for a long time to come and was worth every penny we spent.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Alejandra · Married on 11/03/2018

Incredible food and service!

We were lucky enough to work with Kevin S for our union station wedding with design cuisine. Kevin went above and beyond what we expected. He was involved in everything from menu to linen selection, and everything came out beautifully. He and his team were very flexible in coming up with our menu, they incorporated seasonal ingredients, and we had so many guests compliment us on our food. The service on the night-of was also excellent. They're definitely one of the best! Thanks Design Cuisine!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Martha · Married on 09/29/2018

Augie Bove and the Design Cuisine team were amazing! It was a pleasure working with Augie from start to finish. From the tasting to the walk through to the wedding, Augie was super responsive and professional and took all of our preferences into account. He and his team even added a pasta course at the last minute without batting an eye! Our guests raved about the food, and the Design Cuisine staff were consummate professionals on our wedding day. Additionally, our guests with small children singled out the staff for being friendly and understanding of their little ones! We highly recommend Design Cuisine for all of your catering needs.

Sent on 10/13/2018

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

My husband and I are both chefs, so the food at our recent wedding was THE most important thing to us in planning our big day - Design Cuisine hit it out of the park, and if we had to do it over again, we would choose them every time!

We started the catering experience by actually sending the Chef a specific menu we had created for our reception - from the tasting to the actual wedding dinner, their kitchen team delivered on every dish exactly as we had envisioned, and our wedding guests are still raving about the food!

Kristy and Kevin were absolutely amazing to work with every step of the way - from helping select our place settings and linens, to designing the floor plan and other details and decor, they were creative, fun, and so accommodating - nothing about the planning process was ever stressful.

The team of staff on site during our wedding was also fantastic - we really appreciated the hospitality felt by our friends, family, and even the other vendors, which can only come from experienced, trained and professional servers and bartenders.

We cannot thank Design Cuisine enough for helping make our special day everything we could have hoped for and would highly recommend them to any future couple looking for the ultimate catering experience!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Brianna · Married on 04/22/2017

We worked with Claire and Dede at Design Cuisine for our wedding and had an amazing experience! From our initial meeting all the way through the wedding day, they were so sweet and responsive to everything we wanted. Design has a great selection of chairs, linens, dishes, etc. to use, and Claire was so helpful in translating our vision into reality. Everything looked so beautiful. At the wedding, the waiters even wore ties to match our colors! Then, of course, there's the most important part - the food. It was incredible. We had some changes and suggestions after our tasting and everything was incorporated for the day-of. (The tasting is so fun - prepare to be stuffed and need a nap after!) It's been a couple months since our wedding and friends and family are STILL talking about how delicious the food was and even asking if they can get recipes. I wish I had events all the time so I could hire Design again and again. :-)

Sent on 07/06/2017

We worked with Jen. She is absolutely amazing, creative, responsive, lovely. Even though DC is on the pricier side, they're willing to completely tailor the service to your needs & I think it's a better deal in the end for this reason. HIGHLY recommend

Sent on 10/25/2016

The Design Cuisine Team led by Erica Fredericks was outstanding!! From the hors d'oeuveres to the three course dinner and late night snack idea, Erica, her chefs, pantry staff, waiters, bartenders, etc. executed flawlessly. The food was so delicious that every single guest cleaned their plate. Food came out hot and efficiently. My daughter, our wedding planner and I consulted with Erica on everything including linens, place settings, chairs with guest names painted on the backs for our two king tables which was so creative! Every suggestion made by Erica contributed to the magical atmosphere we hoped to achieve. In addition to the talents of the Design Cuisine Team, they were a pleasure to work with. Erica was a true partner and every member of her team was responsive and kind to our guests. I would not hesitate to use Design Cuisine again for any upcoming event. They are sensational!

Sent on 04/15/2015

We had a great time planning our wedding with Dede and Claire. The service was great, great selection of plates and linens and not to mention their amazing food!!

Sent on 10/27/2014

The staff were great to work with. They were willing and able to modify some of the dishes for us and were also able to do some new things for the event that we requested. Food was not only beautifully presented but also wonderful to eat. They also provided the wedding cake which was elegant and delicious (lemon raspberry). Guests have not stopped talking about the food. The staff were extremely professional and attentive. They even designated special staff to shadow the bride and groom to ensure that they got food and drinks during the evening. We also selected the linens and china through them and loved the options that were offered at no up charges. They really made the event.

Sent on 06/05/2014

Do you want delicious (gourmet) food, fantasic service (friendly waitors, barmen) and a totally hassle free time while planning all of this for your wedding? All I can say is: Design Cuisine! We worked with Katie, who is absolutely terrific! She's positive, friendly, accomodating, a total professional but personally involved and dedicated! Communication flowed smoothly from the get-go, and Katie immediately understood what we were looking for (I'd like to think we were pretty relaxed). The pre-wedding tasting was a complete success, and the food was EXACTLY as delicious (if not better!) on our big day. About the big day: it had rained torrentially all through the night, and we wanted to celebrate outdoors in the venue's garden. Katie (and Design) had to make the final decision, and they MADE IT HAPPEN OUTSIDE. It was perfect. Our guests came from Argentina, Brasil, France, Germany, Australia, Spain, Singapore and more, and ALL guests (no joke!) commented on how incredible the food was and how wonderful the service had been. And just another hat-off to Katie for making everything so much easier and more relaxed for me (the bride) the weeks before the wedding and the day of. You might think this review is too glowing, but there really is NOTHING negative to say about Design Cuisine. And work with Katie if you can, she's a rockstar!

Sent on 05/30/2014

It is rare when guests walk away from weddings talking about how good the food was. It's even more rare that over a week later, guests are still clamoring over the meal, the sides especially.They also help create a lovely ambiance with the great selection of dishes/linens etc. They were worth every penny.

Sent on 12/15/2013

EVerything was wonderful-perfect everything

Sent on 09/14/2013

Meghan · Married on 04/20/2013

The food was amazing despite the fact that we had an off-site location with no kitchen. Amaron at DC could handle anything with grace and perfection. Perfect.

Sent on 06/06/2013

Shannon · Married on 10/20/2012

Design Cuisine did a fabulous job at our wedding. We went to numerous tastings, looked through at least 20 proposals, and in the end felt most comfortable with them. It was definitely pricey, but the food was terrific (it didn't taste like wedding food!) and they had done a fantastic job at a wedding we had recently attended also. We did have to change our contact there when Seana left, but Erica was great and kept up with lots of last minute changes we decided on. It was expensive but at our tasting, the food was far and away the best we tried so we went for it. They had the best vegetarian entree for me, which is a big deal for vegetarians who usually are an afterthought! I would highly recommend them. The whole night ran smoothly, service was great, bartenders knew what they were doing, and best of all they assigned a great waiter (Roger) just for me to make sure I had food and drink and whatever else I needed. He was awesome and I was so glad they thought to do that!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Maureen · Married on 09/29/2012

We worked with Katie of Design Cuisine. She was excellent. The food at the tasting was of the same exact quality as the food at the wedding. The guests raved about the appetizers and the main course. She spent considerable time with us choosing a menu. We discussed the pros and cons of the many options. We were guided by her expertise - which is considerable.

Great choice of caterers. We are grateful to our wedding planner for suggesting Design Cuisine.

Sent on 11/27/2012

margaret · Married on 09/08/2012

Design Cuisine was the caterer for my daughter's barn wedding at Murray Hill. I cannot say enough about the fabulous job they did. There was a huge thunderstorm with 50 mph winds that blew through about 1 1/2 hours before the ceremony. I didn't even realize until after the wedding that the caterer's cooking tent blew over and everything was getting soaked. The staff all jumped in to repair everything and you never would have known that anything had gone wrong as the food they delivered was absolutely delicious - better than at the tasting - which I wouldn't have believed was possible since they were cooking outside in a makeshift kitchen. They created a special first course for us of fried green tomatoes, black-eyed pea cakes and fresh corn over greens to give us the southern feel we were looking for - and it was delicious! The surprise for our guests was the "late night snack" (strawberry milkshakes with chocolate chip cookies, pigs in a blanket with fried pickles and mini sandwiches) which was served after the cake, around 10pm. Everyone loved this surprise! The cake was delicious and beautiful!
    They were very professional and the staff was impeccably dressed and efficient. Kent Smith was a pleasure to work with and he was front and center at the reception making sure everything was going as it should. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/16/2012

Judy and Carl · Married on 08/18/2012

Erica Fredericks and Design Cuisine produced the perfect catering service we have ever experienced. The linens, china, flatware and crystal were exceptional. Everyone at our daughter's wedding could not stop talking about the beautiful table settings and the wonderful food. The wait staff made sure that the cocktail hour food was served to all attendees evenly and not just one area. At the sit down dinner, everyone was served at the same time, the food was hot and delicious. The wedding cake was exactly what the Bride and Groom requested - two flavors. The design of the cake was beautiful. The cake was moist and very favorable. Attendees are still talking about the great food. Erica and Design Cuisine went over and above all expectations, and we would highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/29/2012

Emily · Married on 05/12/2012

Christine Cadima and Katie Ritter were both absolutely fantastic! Not only were the chairs and linens beautiful, but the food was amazing. We ordered filet and you could cut it with a butter knife! People are still talking about how amazing the food was. Everyone LOVED our wedding cake and keep asking for who made it :)

Sent on 06/08/2012
  • Roxana

Roxana · Married on 09/24/2011

Design Cuisine did a fantastic job at my wedding! I worked with Sarah Gallo and Kate Kennedy. They were exceptionally easy going, sweet, flexible, responsive, and had some great ideas! They truly helped ease the wedding planning process and I am so gld that I chose them as my caterers. I give them my highest recommendation!

Sent on 10/05/2011
  • W

William · Married on 07/30/2011

Nick Watts at Design Cuisine was fantastic to work with. He and his staff helped us achieve the wedding of our dreams. The food was a big focus for our event and Nick worked with us to create a menu that was better than we could have imagined (even as jaded New Yorkers). His pastry department even created a special dessert (Bailey's Ice Cream Sandwich) at our request/suggestion. DELICIOUS! Though Design isn't cheap, they provide great value with generous portions, top-quality ingredients, and staff that really know what they are doing. We also rented dishes, glassware, linens, chairs, and tables from Design and all were top notch. We had a non-traditional wedding and Nick and his team really followed through on all of our many requests. If you choose them, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/01/2011