Desert Willow Golf Resort Reviews

• User3553907 · event on: 02/15/2013

Loved Desert Willow
    Great staff

Sent on 09/23/2013

When planning my wedding, I looked at over 70 locations in Southern California. I was very particular about location, view, layout of the venue, budget, professionalism, quality, and appearance, and service. Desert Willow exceeded my expectations in all areas. The Director of Events there - Euca Burrows - and her staff were amazing to work with. The venue itself is outstanding: great architecture and detail, an amazing view, and multiple layout options for a wedding (ceremony to cocktail hour to dinner, etc) to suit many different preferences. Since our wedding, almost all of our guests have commented that Desert Willow was amazing and that the layout and flow of the evening was the best wedding they had ever been to, not to mention the amazing food and overall service. I highly recommend Desert Willow!!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Desert Willow Golf Resort was an amazing place to have our wedding. The team we worked with made our day absolutely magical. I could not have asked for anything more. We priced around several different locations, but found the best value at DW and we were not let down. The staff helped make our wedding one big party but also made sure all our little requests were seen to. I would hands down recommend DW to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Laura · Married on 01/29/2011

Newly remodled! Beautiful! Food was AMAZING. My pictures from the golf course are stunning. I would highly recommend this location to anyone. The sun was setting as we said our vows and it was absolutely perfect! The service could not have been better!

Sent on 02/15/2011

Carolyn · Married on 01/29/2011

I arranged this event long distance since we go to Palm Springs for vacation but don't live there. My daughter and her husband wanted their wedding there. I called many places and the price at Desert Willow was unbeatable. I knew it was beautiful and they got married on the patio. The staff at Desert Willow was outstanding. They were so easy to work with, the food was fabulous, and my daughter's wedding was everything she dreamed of. Thank you, Desert Willow!!

Lucie · Married on 11/29/2008

I just loved Desert Willow!! The golf course is beautiful , it just made a great background for pictures. The staff was awesome, they catered to anything and everything we needed. I would totally recommend this site for anyone getting married.

Sent on 12/16/2008
  • Sunny

Sunny · Married on 10/24/2015

The entire Desert Willow team did an outstanding job of making our wedding day an absolute dream! Special thank you to our awesome planner, Ashley Lewellen, and Chef for being so kind, patient and making us feel so well taken care of throughout the whole process.

We used this venue for our wedding on 10/24/15 as well as for our rehearsal the day before. We also utilized the full on-site planning services which were a huge help (thank you Ashley!). They had so many wonderful preferred vendors on their list that a majority of vendors I worked with were from that list and it was so seamless as they knew the venue because they had done previous events there and knew how to work with Ashley from experience with past events. It was so easy for my husband and I!

We chose this venue in particular because it's one of the few places that had a perfect indoor/outdoor space which makes it easy to transition between the two, and the views from the property are stunning and made the perfect backdrop for our ceremony, especially during the sunset on a gorgeous October evening.

Our only disappointment was in the fact that a few of our guests that were over age 21 were not served alcohol by the general manager under the suspicion that they were under-age. Even with relatives validating their age and ability to drink to the general manager, they ended up having to go back to their hotels in the middle of the wedding to grab IDs to prove their ages, which wasn't brought to my attention until the day after the event. I understand and respect the venue being proactive in keeping their facilities safe and in accordance with the law, but you never want to hear your guests being inconvenienced over something like that. Regardless, it may be wise to advise all guests to bring IDs to avoid a similar situation.

Overall, we were very happy with this venue and the service that was provided to us and we would gladly recommend this venue to anyone looking in the desert area! :)

Sent on 01/29/2016

Mary and James · Married on 03/01/2014

Our guests loved the beautiful views of the venue and the option to be indoors as well as outside. We loved the presentation of the food and the salmon and bib salad were exceptional. We highly recommend Ashley Lewellen and her staff. They worked well with the rest of the wedding team we hired as well.

Sent on 05/04/2014

All aspects of the wedding planning and execution exceeded expectations. The venue and quality of service were exceptional. Therefore, we are happy to recommend Desert Willow Golf Resort for any event.

Sent on 01/05/2014
  • I

Ingrid · Married on 03/23/2014

All parties involved were efficient and friendly.

Sent on 05/06/2014

Brittany · Married on 05/04/2013

I just wish we weren't so limited on time and places for the photographs. Felt a bit rushed.... Other than that it was a great experience!

Terri-Mae · Married on 01/28/2014

3.0

You held the date but when we got to the meeting the time was given to the mariott for meetings and our challenge was of no concern. We were able to change our day because we wanted the venue. A phonecall would have been helpful. The man in charge of food delivery needed to adjust services based on what was happening and not stay so close to the imagined minute by minute schedule. Excellent guidance from the event planner. She is very skilled and knowledgeable.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Brittany · Married on 10/25/2008

The setting is gorgeous... I have so many wonderful pictures from around the clubhouse and golf course. It is definitely a must-see... The catering was also exceptional. My guests raved about it!

Sent on 12/05/2008
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 05/25/2008

Sergio the beverage and food cordinator was helpful and responsive. The wedding planner on site was extremely helpful and sweet. The two of them called vendors, helped organize and set up my wedding. The food was amazing and the setting was picture perfect. We looked and several sites and this offered an amazing setting with an affordable price. Our only suggestion is if you have an open bar or set alcohol limit be specific on what can be used. We had a guest order 60 patron shots and we asked for top shelf shots. Other than that everything was amazing.

Sent on 06/19/2008

Brittni · Married on 03/02/2018

We had our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception (plus a small golf outing) all at Desert Willow Golf Resort and we loved it all! It was a wonderful day had by all and we couldn’t be happier with our choice of venue. Everyone we worked with was very helpful, kind and willing to work with us. Ashley specifically was always reachable via phone or email and was so patient with all the questions I had along the way. The signature cocktail they designed for us as well as our tray passed appetizers and buffet dinner was wonderful! Many of our guests raved about the food and drinks after the wedding, some of our out of town guests even commented that it was the best food they had had while here in the desert! The views and scenery are breathtaking; it provides a very picturesque background to get married! I would highly recommend this venue and we look forward to continuing to patronize Desert Willow in the near future!

Sent on 04/11/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 05/27/2017

Desert Willow was awesome! I got married in late May and the day went great. The staff is very helpful and was quick to respond to any questions I had. Food and drinks were great! We did the buffet food, and several guests commented that it was some of the best wedding food. The setting at Desert Willow is one of the best in the desert. I would definitely recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Desert Willow Golf Resort's reply:

Whitney - Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with Desert Willow. You and Mike were very pleasant to work with, you made our jobs easy! Please make sure to visit us next time you visit Palm Springs.

carol · Married on 04/06/2013

4.2
      3.5

Desert Willow golf course provides a gorgeous background for both an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception. Staff is very professional and attentive.

Sent on 10/02/2013

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful wedding reception at Desert Willow. During the planning portion of our wedding, Eucca Burrows was extremely helpful. She helped accommodate us in almost every way she was able to. However my only complaint was that on the day of our event she was difficult to find. When there were issues she was not available. Although this was unfortunate, our wedding was still one of the most memorable days of my life. I am so thankful we had our reception here!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Stephanie · Married on 11/08/2008

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

The only down fall was the wedding planner position was changed three times in the planning process. Dealing with three diferent people was not the greatest experience

Sent on 12/02/2008

Kelly · Married on 10/12/2012

1.6
      1.0
      1.5
      2.0

Desert Willow is beautiful! We love it there and our wedding was beautiful! We live in Minnesota and communication doing a destination wedding was not always great! The day of our wedding many things went wrong - some of them the fault of the wedding coordinator. I had a plan for flowers to be put down on the aisle runner. The runner was never placed due to wind and flowers just throw randomly and decision was made without me and I did not see this until I was walking downt he aisle. Throughout the ceremony we could hear the guests at the bar talking and laughing as they were sitting out on the patio - this was very disheartening for us and our 40 guests that flew from MN to come. The worst was that I had a surprise butterfly release for our 4 kids and my niece and nephew. They officient annouced that there was a surprise and when we went to get the butterflies from where the Desert Willow Coordinator was to put them there was an empty box. The whole wedding had to stop all the kids were looking waiting for the surprise while she ran to her office to get the butterflies that were sitting on her desk. When I called the next week and spoke to her about all of the mishaps that had happened she told me I would be compensated and apologized. I never received anything! I love the venue, but was very disappointed with the wedding coordinator, the events and that there was never any follow up. They did pay for the glass that was broke by their workers in our signature board to be replaced so I guess that was a bonus. Even typing this makes me upset about it!