Desert Willow Golf Resort Reviews

4.9 out of 5 rating

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

Kara P. Married on 05/27/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stunning views and spectacular service!

We cannot say enough great things about Robbie, Natalie, and the entire team at Desert Willow. Planning from a distance was a breeze with their vendor list. We are so happy- from the service, to the views, to the delicious food (best Sea Bass ever?!)- as were our guests. Everyone went above and beyond and anticipated our needs and took fantastic care of us throughout the evening. I would get married here 100x over. It was a dream! Thank you Desert Willow!
  • Peter
    Peter V. Married on 05/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The team that made our wedding unforgettable!

Since the day me and my wife started to plan our wedding, we knew we were wanted to get married in the Palm Springs area where we grew up. We looked at different venues in the greater riverside area, and compared costs, service, and location, but we kept coming back to Robbie from Desert Willow Golf Resort. We felt that Desert Willow and Robbie, had the best value, and after meeting with Robbie in person, we know we would not be disappointed with our choice.

Robbie has been fantastic to work with, she made the planning experience stress free and helped coordinate an unforgettable wedding. From day one Robbie helped recommend vendors, which were excellent, especially Joe from XIL Productions. Joe did an incredible job with lighting, and making sure sound was working correctly for the ceremony and reception. Their team really know how to keep the part going!

From when we did our first tasting, to finalizing the schedule for the day, Robbie has been the best. The day of is always a stressful, but not when you have Robbie by your side coordinating. Her crew did a fantastic job setting up all the tables, center pieces, flowers, signs, and everything else. I kept wanting to help, but she assured me she had everything under control, trust her, she has years of experience in this industry.

It was warm during the ceremony as it usually is in Palm Springs during May, we chose the event lawn for the scenic pictures, but there are other spots on the patio where its shaded. After the ceremony Robbie took us and the photographer on the golf cart to take pictures on the golf course, which made for amazing pictures. Once inside, we got to relax, then headed off to reception. From when we walked into the ballroom, we saw how great of a job the team did setting everything up.

The food options were great, we opted for the buffet, with prime rib and the open bar, which were a hit with our guests. The prime rib was perfectly cooked, with a ton of flavor and the dinks were endless. I can’t think of one thing that I would have changed, to make the day any more perfect. Oh, and Robbie and her team take care of cleaning up, which was a big plus. We are truly thankful for Robbie and her team, for making our wedding truly unforgettable!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Dayna
    Dayna C. Married on 01/22/2022

My dream wedding

From start to finish Robbie Lomes was such a pleasure to work with! She is so sweet and answered every question I had (even on her days off) right away. She listened to all of my requests and made sure my vision came to fruition. Desert Willow is such a beautiful venue from the greenery to the beautiful Mountain Views! My husband and I had our ceremony on the Terrace/balcony and our reception in the ballroom. It was beautiful!
    Desert Willow and Robbie Lomes exceeded our expectations! We loved it!
  • Vince
    Vince B. Married on 12/05/2021

Beautiful. Amazing. Perfect

Would recommend Desert Willow to everyone. 100% perfect. So professional and just awesome ppl to work with. My personal email is vbrunello@gmail.com. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the venue. It was just absolutely perfect. Not one thing went wrong. We are very blessed to have found this beautiful venue
  • Hannah
    Hannah M. Married on 11/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Desert Willow Exceeded all Expectations!

My husband and I got married at Desert Willow November 2021 and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! All the staff went above and beyond to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. Robbie, our wedding coordinator, was pleasure to work with and happily adhered to all our requests. She took the stress right out of worrying about the small details as our big day approached. We also cannot rave more about the food - it was incredible and by far the best wedding food I have ever had. We highly recommend Desert Willow for all other couples looking to get married in this region!
    Peter T. Married on 11/13/2021

Desert Willow

Our wedding at Desert Willow was perfect! The food was incredible and the staff was extremely polite and helpful! Robbie was a huge help throughout the entire process. The atmosphere was exactly as we hoped and the food was even better. Highly recommend hosting your events here! And the golf is top notch as well!
    Michael A. Married on 10/15/2021

Simply the best!

Robbie and the staff at Desert Willow are the best. The professionalism and coordination they provided resulted in the wedding we always dreamed of. The beauty of the venue is second to none. Desert Willow was always our number one choice and we are glad we chose them. Family and friends who attended, said it was the best wedding the have ever attended. Thank you Desert Willow.
    Karlene H. Married on 04/11/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

Our wedding day at the Desert Willow was absolutely everything you can dream of. From the stunning views to the beautiful charger plates. Ever detail makes your big day breath taking. Loved my experience from touring the venue to the wedding day. All of the staff members are so pleasant to work with. And Robbie out does herself making you feel secure that everything will turn out great! All of our guests had a blast and raved about the bar selection. Food by well known chef was delicious! If you want a bang for your buck this is definitely the venue for you!
  • Ashley
    Ashley S. Married on 11/07/2020

Really Cares for Customers

We had to cancel our wedding due to Covid-19 and this vendor was EXTREMELY NICE AND PROFESSIONAL. I was happy working with them up to having to cancel and even happier that I chose them as they refunded my deposit. No questions asked. They stated multiple times that they are on my side. I wish more companies were like them (florist in the area did not refund... sickening).

I highly recommend them for your event.
    Samantha S. Married on 11/30/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Breathtaking venue with the best staff!

If you are looking for a spectacular venue with a breathtaking view—this is it!! We had our wedding and reception at Desert Willow on 11/30/19 and could not be happier!

Leading up to the wedding, working with the staff was a breeze. Robbie Lomes became the new director shortly after we signed our contract for the venue, and after seeing so many great reviews about Ashley, we were initially bummed she wouldn’t be in charge. However, we could not have been luckier to have Robbie come on board and help us through the planning process. She is so sweet, helpful, and responsive, and she had years of experience from another venue. She always answered even our smallest questions promptly and thoughtfully, and we could not be more grateful to Robbie for how smoothly the planning process and the day of went. She even drove the golf cart around for us after the ceremony so we could get photos around the beautiful golf course! Additionally, all of the other Desert Willow staff were phenomenal, and we had absolutely no complaints.

The venue and the golf course/mountain view are truly stunning. We had our ceremony and cocktail hour on the terrace (one of the only venues we looked at that didn’t require an outdoor ceremony take place on grass—huge plus for high heels). All of our guests were in awe of how spectacular the location was. The reception we had indoors and it was the perfect size for a 75 person wedding.

Last, but not least, the Desert Willow has the BEST food we’ve ever had at any wedding venue. We were blown away at our tasting, and all of our guests were just as impressed at our reception.

In terms of price, this venue was actually much cheaper than others we had looked at in the Palm Springs area or compared to any of the resorts we looked into. There were no venue fees besides the cost per person for food and drink. They provided the chairs, tables, arch, etc. and did all of the set up for us.

We expected planning a wedding to be a difficult task, but working with Robbie and the Desert Willow staff truly made it a breeze. We couldn’t be luckier to have such a breathtaking venue and wonderful experience. I can not recommend this venue highly enough.
  • Eliza
    Eliza F. Married on 10/11/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Our wedding was AMAZING!!!

We had a wedding about 2 weeks ago on October 11,2019. We were the first wedding of the season and it was perfect. We could not have asked for a better day, weather, venue, views, and staff. Guests are still talking about the venue and the food!!! It was so delicious! Overall experience was a 10 out of 10.
    Christina Married on 02/09/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are currently planning our reception at Desert Willow. I was so happy with the prompt response from Ashley, and she was available to meet with us right away. The venue is exactly what we were looking for. It has beautiful views, and it feels so modern in the banquet room. I am so excited to be working with Ashley, and I know she will create a beautiful day for us! #shareyourstory
  • Danny
    Danny H. Married on 12/31/2018

All around wonderful venue

Fantastic venue! Everything went great - from the planning and coordination (Thank you Ashley!!!) to the food - the options were extensive and everything we tasted was amazing, it was hard to choose! Also, day of, everything went great. The staff was very professional and accomodating and made our wedding smoother than i could have imagined. Not to mention it is BEAUTIFUL!
  • Stacy
    Stacy H. Married on 12/31/2018

A dream come true

We were married at The Desert Willow Golf Center on New Years Eve, 2018. We both live in Virginia so this was a destination wedding for us and our guests. Ashley really went above and beyond while she was still on maternity leave and transitioning back to full time. The extra coordinating help with their team really helped relieve the stress that we had. We walked away from our special day really feeling that we could not have had a more perfect wedding with all of our loved ones and I am confident in saying much of that was because of the team at Desert Willow. Their team allowed us to really celebrate this time and enjoy the planning process. Ashley helped us through decisions making paralysis at times and helped us refocus and stay on top on everything. We planned the perfect destination wedding in less than 6 months and it could not have gone better. We would recommend Desert Willow over and over again! Thanks everyone!
    Mm & Married on 10/27/2018

October 2018 Wedding

Desert Willow was the best choice we made for our wedding. Not only is the venue beautiful, but the service was better than we could have imagined. Ashley and her team did an amazing job creating the wedding that we wanted. She took all of the stress away and could not have been more helpful. We received so many compliments about this venue, the service and the food. We cannot recommend this venue enough!
  • Rondi
    Rondi Married on 10/20/2018

Event of the Season

If you want to have the most amazing views as a backdrop for your wedding, I would highly recommend Desert Willow. The food is phenomenal and everyone raved about the entire event. The entire process was incredibly easy and they thought of every single detail.
    This was the party of the year.
    Thank you to everyone at Desert Willow.
    Rondi Bolliger Bennett
    Andrea Married on 01/12/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We could not have chosen a more perfect spot for our wedding. Everything came together seamlessly thanks to the wonderful staff at Desert Willow. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was amazing. The Desert views were stunning as a backdrop to our ceremony, reception, and photographs. We have not stopped receiving compliments on our wedding ceremony and reception. Our guests keep gushing over the food, drinks and service. I can say that working with Ashley, the Director of Catering , was an absolute blessing to us. We are so happy that we had our special day at Desert Willow. We will be forever thankful for the amazing memories.

Desert Willow Golf Resort's reply:

Andrea – Thank you for taking the time to share a review. We are so glad we were able to contribute in making your special day come to life! We hope you and Tim come back and visit Desert Willow next time you are visiting the desert.
    Katie Married on 12/30/2017
    This Venue ROCKS!

Our wedding day at Desert Willow was entirely perfect. The setting can't be beat: golf, desert landscape and mountains. The food was incredible and every member of the staff was friendly and attentive. We were married on the terrace overlooking the course and mountains and our reception was outside on the event lawn. There were hundreds of gorgeous photography locations from which to choose. I would recommend Desert Willow to any bride or groom looking for a picture perfect wedding with a wonderfully easy to work with staff. Book it now!

Desert Willow Golf Resort's reply:

Katie – Thank you for sharing about your experience with Desert Willow and your photos (which by the way are exquisite). It was a pleasure working with you and Brad, you definitely make the list for most organized brides of the year! Your outdoor reception on the lawn was so tasteful and elegant, I have had several couples swooning over the photos your photographer has shared with us. I hope to see you both visit us again sometime!
    Shannon Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I recently had our wedding at Desert Willow and it was the most perfect day! The venue was amazing, the staff was amazing, and the planning up until the big day couldn't have been better. Ashley and her team were very responsive to all of my high demands and made me feel confident the whole time that we picked the right spot. I highly recommend this all in one venue for my future brides!

Desert Willow Golf Resort's reply:

Shannon – Thank you for the great review, we do our best to remain as receptive and flexible as possible throughout the planning process with couples who have selected Desert Willow as their choice venue for their special day, so I am happy to hear you were confident that you picked the right spot! We hope to see You and Ryan again soon, congratulations again!
    Lori Married on 10/15/2015
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We came from out of state and selected this venue through photos only. When we arrived, it was more than expected. The staff were simply amazing and accommodated us in every way possible. The dinner was incredible and the atmosphere was perfect. I highly recommend this location for any event, especially a wedding!
    Leslie Married on 12/06/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    My husband and I were married at Desert Willow in Palm Desert. We fell in love with the gorgeous venue and the breathtaking surroundings. Ashley,the Director of Catering, was amazing at helping us plan our special day. From planning the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception, she was very professional, friendly and made sure everything was covered. Being the crazy bride I was, I must have contacted her at least 3 times a week leading up to our big day. And not once, did she get annoyed and was always willing to answer any questions I had! The day of our wedding turned out to be everything we had wanted. The staff at Desert Willow was completely on top of things and the day went by without any issues. We held our ceremony in front of the outdoor fireplace at sunset and it was beautiful! Our cocktail hour was on the patio and the reception was indoors. I highly recommend Desert Willow to anyone looking for a fantastic and memorable wedding location!
  • User2004621 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This place was beautiful!!! My husband and I were so happy we had our wedding at Desert Willow. And Caitlin Harbold did an amazing job helping us with the planning too.

Maria Married on 11/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    This venue is absolutely beautiful ! Ashley Lewellen did an amazing job coordinating our wedding, especially since it was a destination wedding. She was a pleasure to work with and made everything nice and easy. Many guests said how much they liked the venue, I would recommend having your wedding here !
    Andrea Married on 11/08/2014
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Gorgeous venue! Ashley was a pleasure to work with and accommodated each request as best she could. If you are looking for an outdoor ceremony with a gorgeous view this is the place!
illustration stars