Derk's Works Reviews

28 | Columbus, OH

28 Reviews for Derk's Works

Adrienne · Married on 10/06/2017

I had no idea where to begin when it came to wedding planning and finding all the different vendors needed to put together the BIG day. A friend recommended me to Derk's Works, as they had used them in the past and were also close friends with the owners. She always raved about Benjamin's work and how she wish he had been able to photograph her wedding. When my mom looked through their website, she knew we had to have Benjamin to capture the celebration of my wedding. I had no idea what to expect when it came to having a photographer around just photographing all the moments of the day. Benjamin was great - he helped coach my camera-shyness/awkwardness throughout the day, he was anywhere and everywhere...but never in the way, he even helped the groomsmen affix their boutonnieres. Though we might have been feeling awkward at times trying to make our expressions look natural for different shots, Benjamin urged us to not worry about the cameras or anyone around us, but to live in our moment together. I don't know how many people came up to us after the wedding and still today continue to speak so highly of Benjamin during the wedding - his energy and work was noticed by all. I cannot wait to see the rest of the perfect pictures!

Sent on 10/22/2017

Amy · Married on 12/31/2016

Benjamin is an incredible photographer. Not only that, but when we could not find a photographer in Pittsburgh we liked, he came all the way from Columbus to shoot our wedding!!! My brother used Benjamin for his wedding and we were in love with his photographs. We were so excited that he agreed to come to Pittsburgh when we reached out to him. Not only does he have an amazing eye, but what stands out the most is his great personality. He is so easy going and great with kids. We are so thankful that Benjamin took time away from his own family to capture our family's most important moments thus far. We got our photographs back quickly and even this morning we went through the photo books to admire them. Photography was everything to us (it's the only thing you keep), and we couldn't be happier with the photos and cannot thank Benjamin enough. You cannot go wrong hiring him!!!!

Sent on 03/18/2017

Jim · Married on 09/12/2016

Ben was our photographer at our wedding. He did a great job. He is very good at what he does and is super personable. We can not wait to see our final pictures. the sample preview of our wedding they sent us looks great!I would recommend Ben to anyone looking for a great photographer.

Sent on 09/27/2016

Megan · Married on 09/10/2016

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Ben went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was fantastic. He had great energy throughout the day and was so helpful and organized without interrupting our special day to "pose" us. My husband and I told each other several times throughout the day what a good decision Ben was. Jennifer and Benjamin made the entire process seemless and we could not thank them enough! Definitely recommend for any special occasions!

Sent on 09/13/2016

I cannot say enough amazing things about Benjamin and his team at Derk's Works. From the very first time I met him, he made certain that he had a clear vision of exactly what I wanted. He was always honest and just so much fun to be around. He made my husband and I feel relaxed the entire day. We had a phone call before the wedding (he also did our engagement photos, which I totally recommend) where he made certain that he had all of the details to be able to capture our day as best as possible. The day of, we had so many compliments on his fun personality, and I loved that I never had to worry one bit as to whether the photos I wanted were being taken of not. He got everything. I can't even tell you how in love we are with the final images. They are incredible, and we have gotten so many compliments on them. I wanted something different from the typical portrait look of photos-- I wanted artistry and a focus on architecture and the beauty of the city in which we live. We got all of that and more. We have had so many people ask about our photographer, and I am never hesitant to recommend Benjamin to anyone and everyone! This was definitely our best wedding decision!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Allison · Married on 03/18/2016

One of the best decisions we made was hiring Benjamin of Derk's Works to photograph our wedding. He took the time to get to know us and to make sure our style was represented in our prints. He made me feel so comfortable the day of and I was amazed when looking through our shots because he captured so much yet he never was in the way of the moment. We were beyond happy with the results. I'll cherish our wedding pics for a long time to come. The day goes by so fast; thanks Benjamin for capturing it in a way that allows us to relive it!

Sent on 01/12/2016

Katie · Married on 01/16/2016

Ben was the best photographer! We had a destination wedding in Colorado and he met with us beforehand to talk through details so we were comfortable with the timeline. We wanted outdoor pictures at Red Rocks in January and he was willing and excited to help make that wish come true. The day of the wedding, he was so calm and made everyone feel relaxed, which you can see in the pictures! Everyone has raved about our pictures and how professional and calm Ben was. I would highly recommend Derk's Works!

Sent on 03/18/2016
  • W

Whitney · Married on 08/01/2015

The Derk's Works team is absolutely phenomenal to work with! They not only captured stunning and unique photos, but were so much fun during the wedding weekend. Benjamin is a true professional with such a creative eye. He makes you feel extremely comfortable and eliminates any sort of awkwardness or shyness in front of the camera. From the the planning process, to the engagement photo session to the wedding, the Derk's Works team was amazing. I would highly recommend Benjamin and Anna for any wedding or event.

Sent on 09/02/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/18/2015

The SMARTEST decision we made when wedding planning was hiring Derks Works. Awesome times ten. Very professional, easy to work with, and did an outstanding job. Highly recommended.

Sent on 10/02/2015

Lauren · Married on 05/30/2015

Benjamin is extremely talented. He definitely has an artistic eye and the pictures he took I will treasures forever. He capured nothing but amazingly special and beautiful memories of our entire wedding day! He made us feel so comfortable and most of the time, I forgot he was even there taking photos. He was so professional and calm. He made us all laugh and feel relaxed and I truly appreciated that as a bride. We already have the three beautiful polaroids that he gave us at our wedding framed and hanging up in our house. We have received so many compliments on all our photos. You would be very lucky to have him as your photographer!

Sent on 08/03/2015

Benjamin could not have been better. He was professional in every encounter. The day of the wedding Ben was like another friend. He meshed well with everyone and even got my dad to smile in pictures. He really captured our wedding day. The quality of his work is well worth the money. We will cherish these pictures and the memories associated with them forever.

Sent on 02/06/2015

Derk's Works Photography is the BEST! I loved working with them before, during, and after the wedding! They are kind people and produce stunning images! Worth every penny! I would highly recommend them for any occasion!

Sent on 01/11/2015
  • Justine

Justine · Married on 10/10/2014

We had what we like to call the "dream team" of vendors. Everyone was absolutely amazing and made our wedding day fantastic. Benjamin Derkin, however, was the cream of the crop. He was the absolute best decision that we made and by far our favorite of all of our vendors. He is personable, friendly, professional, and, above all, incredibly talented. He did our engagement pictures, which are the best engagement pictures I have ever seen. Then, he was with us throughout our entire wedding day and really became more of a friend taking some pictures than anything. Not only was he great with us, but our guests absolutely loved him. I can't count how many of them came up to us both on the day and afterwards to rave about how great our photographer was. Especially given for the excellent price for such a talented photographer, you would be INSANE not to hire Benjamin.

Sent on 10/24/2014

April · Married on 09/17/2013

Derks works was by far the absolute best photographer I have ever and will ever work with! The pictures were just outstanding and the coffee table you get along with your package was so unbelievably nice. Above all the best part of the entire experience was how comfortable and relaxed he made us feel during our session. Love, love, love and love some more...Derks Works Photography!

April and Lee

Sent on 10/30/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/31/2013

Working with Derk's Works to capture our destination wedding memories was a pleasure!!! We were thrilled with our photos and highly recommend them to others.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Lauren · Married on 06/15/2013

Hiring Derk's Works to do our wedding photography was one of the best wedding decisions we made! Working with Benjamin was a breeze, and something I looked forward to during the hectic planning process. He is so kind and funny, and was such a positive presence to be around on the wedding day that he actually made the day even better. I knew I would love the pictures, but I had no idea just how perfectly he had captured everything until I saw the album! I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Derk's Works.

Sent on 09/19/2013

Benjamin is awesome! After meeting Benjamin at a friend's wedding, we knew he was the photographer for us. Not only are his photographs breathtaking, but his personality and professionalism top it off to make Derk's Works-hands down- the best choice for a wedding photographer. Several guests commented to us about how great he was to them. To us, he gave us an amazing experience. With all of the craziness on our wedding day, he took us aside and gave us twenty minutes to just enjoy each other, which was one of our favorite parts of the day. You won't be disappointed. It was the best decision we made regarding our wedding.

Sent on 01/06/2013

Phil · Married on 05/25/2012

Benjamin Derkin is a ridiculously talented photographer! I promise you will not be disappointed if you select him for your wedding. His wonderfully artistic mind and vision made for some great pictures, but what impressed me most was his ability to go "above and beyond" the call of duty. For example, Ben made a seperate trip to our area to scope out possible picture spots for us. He didn't do it for his sake, but he did it in order to calm the fears of my beautiful bride-to-be. Ben assured us he could get great pictures of us ANYWHERE, but he still made the extra effort to reassure my bride...priceless! That is only one example of how Ben exceeded our expectations. I'm rambling at this point, but I can not recommend DerksWorks enough. I promise you will not be disappointed with Ben's services, in fact, I am quite confident that he will exceed your expectations as he did ours.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Kristin · Married on 05/05/2012

Derk's Works provided us with amazing pictures, which wasn't a surprise having seen what Benjamin was capable of on his website and blog. What should not be underestimated is Benjamin himself. You have to like your photographer considering they will be following you around all day long and Benjamin did not disappoint. He was pleasant, funny, confident, reassuring, and professional to say the least. We give Derk's Works two thumps up! Job well done!

Sent on 07/31/2012

Bethany · Married on 10/29/2011

"We first met Benjamin at the Columbus Bride Show, and we immediately liked him, both because of his amazing photos, and his great personality! He made the photography aspect of our wedding planning process really fun and completely stress-free. His top priority was to capture our day in a way that would be completely unique to us, always listening to really hear what we were looking for, and contributing his own creative ideas. Our wedding day was absolutely seamless - Ben had amazing vision for gorgeous photos during each part of the day, and the wedding party unanimously agreed that, darn it, he was just fun to hang out with! Since the big day, we have received countless genuine and heartfelt gushing compliments over our two wedding albums, both on the photos included and the presentation of the albums themselves. While flipping through our album, two married friends even lamented that they wish they'd found Ben for their own weddings. If we had it to do all over again (which would be awesome), we would definitely choose Derk's Works to capture the memories!"

Sent on 06/25/2012

Julie · Married on 09/04/2010

I worked with Benjamin through Making the Moment Photography based out of Cleveland. I learned after wards that he has his own company Derks Works in Columbus, OH. No matter what part of the state of Ohio you live in ladies and gentlemen, Benjamin is the photographer for you!

He spent the ENTIRE day with my husband and I on our wedding day. I think it was around 12 or more hours. He took photographs the entire time and never seemed to tire of creating interesting poses and creative shots of the couple to be and our wedding party.

Before meeting Benjamin in person, we spoke on the phone and the thing that stuck out the most to me from this conversation is that he asked me to tell him about my husband and I. What do we do for a living, what type of people are we, how do we feel about the wedding photography. He really wanted to understand our personalities and get a vibe for how he could make our wedding photographs reflect who we are.

The pictures are amazing. It has been over a month since we were given access and I can't stop looking at them. They are not only well shot, but they are also visually interesting and beautifully arranged. Benjamin has an instinctual sense for space, lighting and angles. If you are interested in non-traditional, photo journalistic style wedding photographs, you have found your photographer.

I could rave for hours but I will just say, this man is worth every penny!

Sent on 12/08/2010

Emily · Married on 08/28/2010

Benjamin Derkin was nothing but a dream to work with. Not only does he have impeccable taste, fabulous professionalism, and an amazing talent, he makes it a point to get to know the bride and groom on a personal level so that their photos capture their unique personalities.
    We are so thankful to have Ben put in photographs all the bliss and perfection of our wedding day. Every tear, every laugh, every sentimental, and unexpected moment will now be shared for a lifetime through our photos.
    He was nothing less than amazing!

Sent on 01/06/2011

Corinne · Married on 07/10/2010

Ben was our wedding photographer for our July wedding and his service, professionalism, and sense of humor through out the whole process was impeccable. Ben fit right into our day as if he was part of our family and made everyone feel very comfortable with him. For weeks after our wedding, our family and friends continued to comment about amazing the photographer was and how willing he was to go out of his way to make the day perfect! The only word i can use to describe the finished product is shear art! We have gotten so many compliments on how stunning the photos are. We would use Ben 100x over and recommend him to everyone! I wish i could give him 6 stars out of 5. You won't be disappointed in anyway!

Sent on 12/07/2010

Stephanie · Married on 04/17/2010

Ben was just amazing! He is so professional and so friendly at the same time. He is extremely creative and knows just how to capture the moment, but I didn't feel like he was intrusive at all. And the pictures are just amazing!! I want to frame every single one of them! I 150% recommend Derks Works for any and all your photography needs!

Sent on 05/19/2010

Ali · Married on 05/10/2008

We (capital) L-O-V-E-D working with Ben through our whole wedding process. From our first meeting, to the rehearsal, to our perfect wedding day he captured each moment with love, vision, and a great eye. I felt comfortable with him in every moment and my friends and family agreed.

He had our pictures ready for us almost a month early! We were thrilled to pick up our CD of images and our gorgeous wedding books. We look at our books all the time and I truly think our pictures are gorgeous and timeless.

Ben captured our day perfectly and I would give him my highest recommendation. In fact, I tell all of my engaged friends that they should hire Ben as there photog!

Sent on 12/15/2011