Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens Reviews

Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 2
Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 3
Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 4

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2018

Derby Farm Flowers was incredible! I knew nothing about wedding flowers when I started this process and when I saw my sister-in-law's flower budget, I was shocked to see what wedding flowers typically cost. If I was going to spend money on flowers, I wanted them to be great. Derby Farm went beyond this and made them amazing. They understood exactly what I wanted without me being able to articulate it well at all. I was going for a more rustic/whimsical look since the wedding was in my parents backyard and Barbara, Marlene, and Lucinda knew exactly how to achieve that look.

They made beautiful bouquets and corsages. They even accommodated my weird request to incorporate a dried morel into the groom's corsage (he ended up getting tons of compliments on it too!). My dad built an arbor from branches around the yard and Lucinda did an incredible job at decorating it with flowers while still maintaining the look of the arbor (and keeping costs low). For the tables, to save money I just wanted a single stem per bottle (saved bottles for a year for this and it was so worth it!). We got so many compliments on the table flowers. They were perfectly whimsical while complimenting the rest of my parents backyard. I loved that they were flowers you don't typically see at weddings, they were very unique.

Michael (my now husband) was so opposed to flowers (if it was up to him we would have had no flowers at all) but he LOVED the flowers when he saw them. He said they were extremely tasteful and he has insisted on keeping them around the house even though many have died now (3 weeks later).

I cannot recommend Derby Farm flowers highly enough. Communication is great and they met with me several times before the wedding.

Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 5
    Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 6
    Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 7

A · Married on 10/28/2017

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS FLORIST. Barbara and Marlene were absolutely superb people to work with, have impeccable style, and are are truly artists when it comes to working with flowers. They were the most professional, organized vendors we worked with for our entire wedding. They were flexible with our budget and took a genuine interest in understanding the style of our wedding and how the flowers could enhance the overall atmosphere of the event. In our consultation, they made detailed notes about what arrangements we wanted, which flowers we liked, colors, etc. and even printed out examples of each of the flowers they included in the arrangements on the final invoice. Marlene is also skilled with headpieces and helped arrange my wedding crown for a very reasonable rate. Barbara is an artist, and thinks very thoughtfully about her pieces -- nothing is random or haphazard, each color and bloom is chosen with care.

Our guests raved about the flowers as well. We received SO many compliments on the bouquets, centerpieces, and mantel display. It truly made the wedding venue look and feel extra special and personal. I used to worry that wedding flowers can sometimes look cliche and cheesy, but Barbara and her team created absolutely beautiful, classy designs that elevated the venue.

This place is truly a gem. I would hire them again in a heartbeat!

Derby Farm Flowers & Gardens 8

Tricia · Married on 07/02/2016

We just had our wedding this past weekend, and Barbara and the Derby Farms team did an amazing job with our floral arrangements! They had a sit-down meeting with us in the beginning of our planning process, and they really listened to all of our specific ideas. We were blown away when we showed up at our venue on our wedding day - it was more beautiful than we anticipated! We would highly recommend them.

Erik · Married on 05/29/2016

Barbara and the team at Derby Farm Flowers blew us away with the beautiful flowers they arranged for our wedding. Barbara met with us at the (very cute) store, where we had a detailed planning meeting. We opted not to have very many floral "extras," like decorative flowers for the ceremony, but we still felt like treasured customers. She listened to our likes and dislikes, and perhaps more importantly, she asked us all the right questions. She asked about dress/suit colors and the heights of people in the bridal party (bouquets are made with height proportions in mind!). She even quickly whipped up mock arrangements using flowers in the store just to make sure we were all on the same page. She does not promise the inclusion of any specific flower (which makes sense to me!), but she took the time to listen to my preferences so that should any kind of flower be unexpectedly unavailable, there would be something else I would like.

On the day of the wedding, I could not believe how beautiful the bouquets and centerpieces were. Even though we had discussed them in detail beforehand, they were so big, bold, bright, and beautiful in real life. And most importantly, she stayed UNDER budget, including taxes and delivery. (We had met with another florist who took our budget as a mere...starting point. Sigh.)

I dried my bouquet to remember the flowers of the day by, and to recognize my gratitude for Barbara and everyone at Derby!

Jenny · Married on 05/15/2016

We loved the bouquets, boutonnieres and table centerpieces that Derby Farm made for our wedding! They were beautifully made! Barbara and Marlene were great. They sat with us to discuss what we envisioned for our wedding and they went beyond our expectations with the budget that we gave them. They also had wonderful ideas and suggestions, since we really didn't have any particular theme to our wedding. I showed them my wedding dress and the bridesmaid dresses, and from there, they designed the flower arrangements. It was wonderful working with them and we love that they are just a few blocks from where we live!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/23/2013

Barbara did a beautiful job on the flowers for my wedding! I did not have clear ideas for the flowers for my wedding- just vague ideas of colors and shapes that I liked- but Barbara and her team did a great job creating beautiful arrangements. In fact, I really did not have a clear vision overall for how my wedding reception would look; I just picked out things I liked without really thinking about how they fit together. Barbara's arrangements pulled everything together.

Robbie · Married on 09/29/2013

As my bride and I began to pin (Pinterest) floral ideas it became clear that we were not interested in roses and traditional floral arrangements. The aesthetic we were aiming for could most closely be described as rustic chic. In some ways it seemed like a look we could pull off ourselves, but we we also knew to be done well we should hire a professional.

So we set about trying to find a local florist to work with. We were intrigued by the idea of buying from a local farm and that's how we found this shop (although they turned out not to be an actual farm). It was clear when we entered the shop that this was the right place and that they definitely would understand the look and feel that we were going for.

Barbara spent a considerable amount of time with us during our first meeting. We reviewed the questionnaire she had asked us to fill out and made notes about what flowers we needed to avoid (lavender gives me a headache) and which we were really drawn to (herbs turned out to be a really great addition).

She took detailed notes about who was in our wedding party and helped us pull together a great floral package while working within our limited budget. Over the next couple of months we gathered glass bottles to be used in the table centerpieces and dropped them off the week of the wedding. The day of the event all the florals were delivered on time and easily were incorporated into our set-up (which was being done by friends).

My bride LOVED her bouquet! Barbara really heard what she was looking for.

If you're having a rustic chic wedding I highly recommend working with Derby Farm - although I'm sure they'd also do a great job with traditional arrangements too because they really listen to their clients.

Meghan · Married on 08/15/2008

I worked closely with the ladies at Derby Farm to create a unique vision for the floral arrangements for my wedding day. I always looked forward to meeting with Barbara & Marlene in their beautiful shop and they continually amazed me with their creative ideas. Throughout the planning process, they gave meticulous & personal attention to every detail including the selection of a unique urn in which to hold centerpiece arrangements, various colors and textures of flowers to create romantic bouquet arrangements, and collaborating on selecting candles to compliment the tablescape. No detail was overlooked, if fact, Marlene even traveled to the wedding site the week prior to the wedding to ensure that all of our plans were just right! When, at last, I walked into the venue the afternoon of my wedding & saw the lush, gorgeous arrangements set out on the tables, the scene literally took my breath away. Barbara & Marlene's work went beyond anything I could have expected in the floral compliments, and the romantic atmosphere that they helped to create, for my wedding day.

Marissa · Married on 10/08/2016

Our flowers came out SO beautiful, so many people commented how gorgeous our centerpieces were. The process was very easy and Barbara knew exactly what I wanted. I highly recommend if you're looking for some tasteful and elegant flower arrangements, while keeping to your budget, that you go with Derby Farm.

Mariel · Married on 08/19/2016

Barbara and her team were excellent to work with. I went for an initial meeting and discussion, and then their team came up with a proposal that didn't break the bank. Barbara never tried to push the more expensive pieces on us, and our flowers were absolutely gorgeous. We ended up ordering two alter pieces, centerpieces, groomsman boutonnieres, and bridal bouquets. They got the colors just right and the pricing was excellent. Definitely worth going to them and getting high quality flowers for less money than other shops charge. Derby was even kind enough to arrange pick up of the centerpieces and flowers and transport them to our hotel where we were hosting a brunch the following day for a very reasonable fee (many florists don't even offer this).

Nahir · Married on 05/25/2014

I was looking for a florist who could create arrangements with an elegant but somewhat rustic, garden-picked feel, and would be open to incorporating some ideas of ours. After looking around, I found Derby Farm, a local flower shop that did beautiful bouquets and arrangements, with great attention to texture and color. My fiance and I met with Barbara and her colleague, Darlene explaining what we were thinking about in terms of look and feel, and what we'd need for the ceremony and reception. We wanted to incorporate small glass bud vases into the centerpieces (which we ultimately used for our cocktail tables). They helped tease out and translate our vision with concrete ideas, asked great questions on details that we hadn't even considered, and were really responsive when we needed to adjust their proposal to stay within our budget. The floral arrangements were absolutely beautiful, captured just the look and feel we were going for, and were within our budget to boot. Look forward to ordering from them in the future.

Lynette · Married on 05/19/2018

Beautiful flowers; would have liked them to be more flowing, but that's on me. Everyone was impressed.

Kaylyn · Married on 08/20/2016

I met with Barbara and Marlene in the early winter to start working on florals for my August 20th wedding. My vision from the winter to early summer had drastically changed but they were up for the task! The flowers on my wedding day were beyond perfect! They were exactly what I wanted and I couldn't have been more pleased with their attentiveness to detail and making my dream florals a reality. My bouquet, the boutonnieres, cake florals and centerpieces were all stunning and within budget!

dawn · Married on 06/02/2018

4.2
      1.5

I was over the moon about the flowers at our June wedding. Marlene and Barbara have impeccable taste and are so creative. They are also just lovely people and I enjoyed the planning process with them so much. I cried when I saw the flowers in the ceremony space. If you want a florist that will really listen to you and create a magical atmosphere, then these ladies are for you.