Dependable Wedding Djs & Photo Booths Reviews

81 Reviews for Dependable Wedding Djs & Photo Booths

• Emily

Emily · Married on 09/21/2019

Danced all night!

I was recommended Dependable DJs by my now sister-in-law, and she was so right!
    Johnny did a great job, helped us move the night along from speeches, cake and tosses; it was so perfect. He kept everyone on the dance floor and we asked him for a few special announcements and he had no problem making them for us. He was super flexible and accommodating to us and managed to keep the party going all night!
    I highly would recommend him!!

Sent on 09/26/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/13/2019

Hire Steven from Dependable Wedding DJs

Steven was an amazing, professional and attentive DJ. He really made my husband and I be the ones to make the decisions at our wedding - and for those just in the planning stages, you know how important that feeling is!

The planning was a breeze, but perhaps best of all was the flexibility and responsiveness on the day of our wedding. The bridal party was late to the reception (our fault, lots of fun on the party bus), and Steven cautioned against doing a DJ-coordinated event we planned due to time constraints. The only people who knew this was skipped were me, my husband and Steven. Everything went so seamlessly.

I had guests who wanted to perform a surprise song as their wedding gift to use. Steven cleared this with my Maid of Honor before moving forward on it so it could remain a surprise but one my husband and I would be happy with.

And at our request, Steven filtered song requests based on the music we said we did and did not want to hear at the wedding. And if your OK with playing whatever your guests want - he'll do that too! I just appreciated having him make decisions based on numerous conversations we had prior to the wedding.

In the father of the bride speech, my dad had Steven walk around the reception hall with a blown up picture he made that related to his story. Steven glady walked from table to table with this picture while my dad continued to speak. This was not something my dad arranged before the day of the wedding, which demonstrates Steven's ability to adjust his plans on a moment's notice.

And speaking of quick thinking, Steven broke out the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hotdog Dance song as I ate my late-night snack of hotdogs on the dance floor. It was hilarious. He did this because he listened to all the speeches talk about how much I love hotdogs. He pays attention and makes the night amazing based on YOUR style.

And finally, we had a blast hanging out with him after the reception, eating hotdogs and talking about how great the night was. It was an amazing day, and Steven played a major role in making it everything we wanted.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Jen

Jen Supergan · Married on 06/01/2019

Cannot recommend more highly! Johnny is the best!

Absolutely one of my best vendors! First they are very affordable! And you might be worried, "you get what you pay for" but this is definitely not the case with Dependable Wedding DJs! They were a great price and provided amazing service both leading up to and on our wedding day. I cannot recommend Johnny enough. He was so fun to work with from our first meeting and made our reception an absolute blast. The dance floor was full all night!

Sent on 06/23/2019
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 04/13/2019

Amazing DJ

I had guest that didn’t want to get off the dance floor all night. Very on top of our details and plays great music. He was able to read a room to play music that people enjoyed and made sure to play all the songs we requested.

Sent on 04/30/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/15/2018

A very dependable DJ indeed

Johnny was excellent! He did our ceremony and reception! He kept the music going, and he was a great MC, keeping the events at the reception going too! Johnny was very helpful when planning the music for our wedding. His easy going attitude made working with him a breeze!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing job!

We hired Dependable Wedding DJs and were very impressed. Johnny was the one who met with us and DJ'ed our wedding, and he was great - super responsive, incredibly helpful, and very fun. Outside of a few must-plays, neither my husband nor I were very picky about the music for the reception, but Johnny had no problem getting everyone on the dancefloor and having a good time. Quality service at an unbeatable price. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Helen

Helen · Married on 10/27/2018

Highlight of the Reception

My husband and I didn't have a huge budget for our DJ because we didn't have a lot of people we believed would dance at our wedding. We originally checked out Dependable DJ because it was within our price range and it had good reviews, that was it. However, Steven came and was able to get everyone on the dance floor at some point. He had such a wide variety of music, even including music from my husband's home of Trinidad and Tobago. I had so many people asking me about the DJ and telling me how great he was. Not only that, he also was great at communicating and allowed us to do most of our planning with him online since we didn't always have cell phone reception (like I said, my husband is international). Steven went above and beyond and I'd recommend him as the best DJ at any wedding I've been too!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • O

Olivia · Married on 09/28/2018

Working with Johnny was a breeze. He was super flexible and willing to accommodate our requests. Service was super professional.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Leah · Married on 09/09/2018

Johnny was amazing at our wedding! We loved him thank you so much! Even people that I know dont dance were up and dancing! He played a Macedonian song and my family loved it so much!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2018

We just got married 2 weeks ago and I am still getting compliments on Johnny!! He truly was an amazing DJ. As soon as the dance floor was open to everyone for dancing, we had a huge group of people dancing all night until the last song! It was an amazing night! If you need a DJ Johnny is amazing! He answered any questions I had we did a final run through of the night right before the wedding. He has an easy to use online form to fill out for songs. And it's reasonably priced. Not only did we like him, but so did our guests! Great DJ!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Dorothy · Married on 11/11/2017

My family cannot say enough great things about Dependable Wedding DJs service. We hired Johnny P. To play at our Daughter’s Wedding and he was outstanding! He delivered everything we discussed... from lighting, setting up and showing a video, his fantastic deep voice introductions and of course the fantastic music system! He helped make our daughter’s wedding a huge success! We can’t wait for another event so we can hire him again!

Sent on 11/16/2017

Ariana · Married on 09/30/2017

Steven Bernal was an amazing DJ and because of him everyone at my wedding reception had an amazing time. He was so funny and very interactive with the audience. He was able to mix such a variety of music! I recommend him for any event. He will not disappoint! Thank you for everything!

Sent on 10/04/2017

Janet · Married on 08/26/2017

Our DJ was Johnny Partida! I don't know where to start! The man surpassed my expectations! He was ON POINT with EVERY song! The people in attendance were a diverse crowd and Johnny was so good that at no one time was the dance floor empty and at the end, no one wanted to leave. I wish I had 10 stars!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Darya · Married on 08/19/2017

When we first met with Johnny, we felt that this would be a great fit right away. I had a lot of questions and worries since we had our wedding in the south suburbs and they are located in the north suburbs. He answered all my questions and reassured me that they had plenty of fail-safes in place in case of any issues that may arise. We also had some non-traditional music choices for several of the events and he was able to work with all of them, on top of playing some traditional Jewish music for my family. He kept everybody up and dancing and I got several compliments on how good the music choices were. Everybody had fun and he kept us on task for the events through the night perfectly. Johnny wan a fantastic DJ!

Sent on 08/24/2017

Rodolfo · Married on 08/17/2017

Professionalism is what I liked the most. Johnny made me feel like the boss and he did everything he said he would. Great DJ and a great person.

Sent on 08/19/2017

April · Married on 07/15/2017

Johnny did a great job DJing our wedding and incorporated all the music we inquired about.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Marielle · Married on 07/07/2017

We had an AMAZING experience with Dependable Wedding DJs, and we would absolutely recommend them to anyone who is looking. Steven was our DJ that night and he was so hands on and made sure that everything was running smoothly. He was amazing with our guests and kept them dancing and hyped up. We opted to book our DJ services with a Photobooth, and we are so glad that we did! Our guests loved it and we were able to get copies of each photo strip for our memories! To be completely honest, after our wedding, we have compared ours to those of others and we have yet to see another DJ as fun or as dedicated as Steven! I only wish we could give more than five stars!

Sent on 09/13/2017

Sandra · Married on 06/24/2017

I cannot say enough good things about this company. We had Johnny Partida DJ our reception and could not be happier with the service provided. He played all of our requests and kept the guests up and dancing all night. I had several guests tell me how great the music was. He was also a great emcee and kept the reception running very smoothly. THANK YOU JOHNNY!!!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Victoria · Married on 04/22/2017

I HIGHLY recommend using Dependable Wedding DJs. Johnny Partida was the DJ for our wedding on 4/22/17 and he was AMAZING! He was highly responsive, answered any and all questions we had and kept us free of any worries for our wedding day. By the time our wedding day came, we felt like he was one of the family! The absolute best part of all is that he kept that dance floor full! He even worked with my sister for a surprise she had for her Maid of Honor speech. She had a special song that had to be worked into the speech at just the right time and WOW did he deliver! My sister was so happy she gave Johnny a huge hug! Another plus is that he had no problem traveling to Merrillville, Indiana all the way from Melrose Park. That's not a short drive! He definitely exceeded our expectations and if we could do our wedding all over again we'd make sure to get Johnny Partida of Dependable Wedding DJs again!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Christina · Married on 12/10/2016

After looking into numerous DJ services, my husband and I chose Dependable DJs. We worked with DJ Johnny, who would not have been any easier to work with. From our initial meeting, we knew his outgoing personality would be great for our wedding. He was helpful in work with us to play the songs we requested (including some difficult to find Italian and Puerto Rican songs). He kept all of out guests on the dance floor all night, and even accepted the crowds encore request of Free Bird. the Photo Booth we chose was great, and Dependable DJ provided all props for our guests. I would highly recommend this DJ service!

Sent on 12/27/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/13/2016

Jacob was beyond exceptional. He was incredibly responsive and helpful in the months leading up to the wedding, and when it came to the big day, everything was perfect. He kept our guests happy and dancing- and he still respected our wishes to not play certain songs (which, my husband and I totally caved on and let him know it was OK to play). He made sure we did important things (like the first dance... and cutting the cake... lol), which we were so busy enjoying ourselves we probably would've forgotten about. I would recommend Jacob and Dependable Wedding DJs to anyone. He was also fairly priced - in fact, he could probably get away with charging more because he was that good.

The photobooth was great - they had tons of props, and to the best of my knowledge there were no hiccups with the equipment. The photobooth attendant was great, too. My only disappointment was that we didn't realize that we wouldn't get a photo album with a copy of the guests' photobooth pictures (we had just assumed that would be part of it just because of other weddings we had gone to) - we could only access them online. That was kind of a bummer because we aren't going to end up printing any of them, and most of our guests didn't know what to do with the extra copy, so they ended up taking them home. This was a miscommunication on our part for not asking about this, so we're not faulting them or discrediting stars at all. If you get the photobooth with your wedding package (which I highly recommend - there were tons of pictures to laugh at, and the guests really enjoyed it), I'd just ask them about the album if you want one.

All in all, Dependable Wedding DJs was a great choice. Thanks, Jacob!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Kimberly · Married on 07/16/2016

From the moment we booked with Jason till the last song on our wedding night he was amazing! His attention to detail and professionalism was great. My husband and I have different tastes in music and Jason did a great job getting to know both of us and what we wanted for our wedding. This was the first wedding I was at that once the dance floor was opened up to everyone that no one returned to their seats!! I honestly couldn't have asked for a better experience. You always hear that what makes a wedding is the food and music and all I've been hearing from our guests is how great both were! I already have friends and family asking for his information to dj their weddings.

Sent on 07/20/2016

m · Married on 07/09/2016

We were so happy we hired Johnny as our wedding dj! He took care of so many things to help the night go smoothly so we could just enjoy the party!

He was great coordinating all of us as we were walking in and making sure he knew where all the important people were seated. (Grandma, parents, godparents, etc.)

He was great adapting to a few changes that came up throughout the night, the person giving the blessing had to leave early, an extra parent ended up wanting to give a toast, and our cousins surprised us with a personalized cover song. My husband and I both had mild panics when we realized something unplanned was happening but Johnny took everything in stride which helped us calm down. He even played an encore last song when our guests refused to leave at the end of the night.

Overall the song selection was perfect and Johnny has a great energy. Many of our guests came up to us throughout the night saying how much they loved our dj. We had previously told him one of our main concerns was keeping it family friendly as we had many kids at our reception (big families) and he did an awesome job while still keeping the music selection fun. We easily always had 50 plus people on the dance floor all night.

I have nothing but compliments for Johnny and would happily recommend him to any future brides and grooms.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 06/18/2016

Hiring a DJ is one of the most important decisions for your wedding, as a good DJ can really make the evening extra special. With that said, I am so, so happy we hired Jacob!

Jacob is incredibly organized with great attention to detail. He essentially acted as our wedding coordinator as well as our DJ. He made sure everyone was in the right place for events, such as entrances, cake cutting, bouquet toss and etc. He even brought his teammate with him to ensure everything went smoothly.

Additionally, his equipment is awesome! His speakers filled the room evenly with sound, but it never got too loud. His lighting also looked great, as well as the custom gobo light he helped us make for the dance floor.

We knew the DJ we would hire would have a tough job, as we had a diverse group of guests with very diverse music tastes at our wedding. We had my husband's family who is Indian and loves Indian music; then we had my family/family friends who loves classic wedding music/oldies (Ted Nugent was at the top of my dad's requests), and then we had our friends who like Top 40. Making this all flow together into one cohesive night was no easy task, but Jacob pulled it off! Our dance floor was full all night, and are guests are still talking about how fun our wedding was!

Sent on 08/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/21/2016

Jacob and Johnny are the best! My husband and I were nervous about the music because we had been to weddings where they played songs from the "do not play list" and the dance floor was empty- but Jacob and Johnny exceeded our expectations. The portal to choose songs was super easy to use, they responded very quickly to all our questions and more than happy to jump on a call whenever we needed. The day of our wedding they showed up early, played the music we requested and none of the "do not plays" and had the dance floor packed all night. I did not have to worry about a thing with them, they kept the reception moving along exactly according to plan. They are the best and we HIGHLY recommend them!!

Sent on 05/31/2016