15 Reviews for Dependable Cleaners

Preservation (5)
Bride (4)
Cleaning (4)
Mother of Bride (1)

I took my wedding gown, belt and veil to Dependable Cleaners to be preserved and am very happy with the result. I like the way everything looks in the chest. They were very helpful answering my questions and also gave me instructions for caring for my gown going forward. The price was affordable too! I recommend Dependable Cleaners if you're looking to have your wedding dress preserved!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/23/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Preservation

One of the best decisions I made leading up to my wedding was contacting Dependable Cleaners and working with Elton on the restoration of my wedding dress. I desperately wanted to wear my grandmother’s wedding dress that was hand sewn for her in the early 1950’s and was then worn by my aunt in the 1970’s and my mother in the 1980’s. As you would expect the dress had yellowed over the years, and also had 30 year old stains from the last time it was worn. I was incredibly nervous about bringing this family heirloom to be cleaned since one wrong move could ruin the delicate lace. When I met with Elton he assured me that before he did anything on the dress he would test out the fabric and call me with his recommendations. After speaking with him I felt confident that he would be able to keep the dress intact while getting it restored and the results were incredible! The dress was almost like new and looked absolutely amazing. I am forever grateful to Elton for making my dream of wearing my grandmother’s wedding dress come true. Thank you, Elton!

Profile Picture User7775081, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Unique Services (Other)

Staff was extremely helpful throughout the process and very forthcoming to many questions about the cleaning process. Very with the service, presentation and professionalism

Photo for Dependable Cleaners Review - Finished product
Profile Picture Eileen , 9/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cleaning, Preservation

Elton and his team were incredible! They took my sample wedding dress from Vows and made it look absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to wear it for my wedding in September!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Nina and her team did a wonderful job pressing my gown before the wedding as well as cleaning and preserving it after. I would highly recommend.

Profile Picture User5347877, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Cleaning, Preservation, Bride, Mother of Bride

After my daughter's wedding, I searched the Internet for cleaning/restoration/preservation services and came across Dependable Cleaners in Hingham. My daughter's wedding gown clearly showed the signs that it enjoyed a great time on wedding day! The online video that wedding gown specialist Elton posted on the website convinced me that Dependable Cleaners was the right choice.
I was assured that my daughter's beautiful gown would receive meticulous attention and care that would restore it to its original beauty and preserve it for the future.
From the moment I entered the Hingham shop, Kerri and Amy put me at ease entrusting the care of such an important garment to Elton's capable hands. Dependable performed the services promptly and emailed me when the gown was ready to be picked up. I would not hesitate to recommend Dependable Cleaners for any cleaning, restoration, and preservation needs. They were fantastic!!

Profile Picture User5490675, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Cleaning, Preservation

Ling at Dependable Cleaners was a veritable tailoring wizard. I bought a size 12 dress at Brides Against Breast Cancer, and by my first fitting, was down to a size 6. At the end of all the fittings, Ling ended up taking in the dress 4 sizes, and it still looked incredibly beautiful, like it had been made in that size. I recommended her to several friends, and she ended up doing my husband's vest and my maid of honor's dress as well. I will definitely go back to Ling with any tailoring needs in the future!!

Profile Picture Emily, 11/8/14, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Elton was amazing; I flew up to Boston, and needed someone to steam my gown and veil. He did a wonderful job, and prices are very reasonable! He also is cleaning and preserving my gown - I feel very fortunate to have found them online!!

Profile Picture Erica, 8/23/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

They were wonderful! I brought my mother in laws wedding dress (which was my wedding dress as well) to dependable cleaners to have it pressed for the big day. they did such an amazing job! not only was it pressed perfectly, but they somehow managed to brighten the wedding dress (the dress like antique colored not crisp white) and fix some of the lace appliqués that were coming off. For this additional work, they didn't even charge me! Cant remember the exact amount that I ended up paying but I believe that it was around $60 which is a steal. the staff there was so friendly as well. I would go back there in a heartbeat and would recommend their services to anyone!

Profile Picture Katherine, 7/27/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

There is NO ONE better than Elton! He saved my wedding day!!! Having lived in NY and recently moved to Boston, I had decided to get my dress at Kleinfelds. I had spent time going down to NYC for fittings but found that once my dress arrived it was a mess. Nothing was done right or as promised. The alterations were literally coming undone, there were black marks on my white dress, and it was all wrinkled.

Being a week before my wedding I was really upset. Where was I going to find a dry cleaner who could tailor, clean and press my dress? Elton came to the rescue and couldnt have been more accommodating.

I really cannot thank Elton & Dependable Cleaners enough. Elton is a true professional and really cares about his clients. He went out of his way to make sure that my dress was perfect. Thank you Elton!!!!! I ended up getting my dress not only cleaned but preserved at Dependable b/c I got a deal. Very happy customer :)

Profile Picture jenn, 6/8/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I would highly recommend Elton and Kerri from the Hingham, MA branch. They handled the cleaning and restoration of my daughter's wedding gown
with great care and professionalism. I am sure any bride will be very please to trust them with her most especial dress to be preserved for years to come.
Thank you very much Elton and Kerri!
Rosa

Profile Picture Rosa, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Took my wedding dress here to get cleaned and preserved. The woman who took my dress talked through the entire process and explained both payment options clearly. I felt appreciated - like they truly valued that I would trust them with my dress. They told me to expect 30 days and it was ready in less than that time. I only docked on points because they're quite pricey. I know wedding gown preservation is a delicate process but my dress had minimal cleaning to be done and my bill was around $250 for the cheapest option. It's also on the border of Newton and the wedding industry loves to overcharge. I'm happy with my product and in general unhappy with how expensive weddings are overall.

Profile Picture Kristen, 3/7/15, 2 Reviews
3.9

I had my dress cleaned and preserved at Dependable Cleaners, and the people were so nice and great to deal with. My only complaint is that it was very, very expensive. It cost $460 to get my dress cleaned and preserved. They initially quoted me around $300, but then called me a week later to explain because of the fabric it would be more. The woman I spoke with was really nice, and even offered me a 10% off coupon (if you go online, there's a 10% off dress preservation coupon!). They said it would take about a month, but it ended up only taking about three weeks. They did a beautiful job on my dress and it's now in great condition (it had dirt and red wine on it, so I really wanted to have it cleaned quickly by a reputable place).

Profile Picture Genevieve, 12/30/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Cleaning, Preservation, Bride
1.2

Really disappointed with the service/professionalism at the Coolidge Corner, Brookline location. Received a notification my dress was ready for pick up (paid ~$350) for cleaning and preservation, went to pick it up and they couldn’t find it. The young guy working there was nice but clearly panicked that he couldn’t find it, after waiting for 30min I asked for the manager to call me (they weren’t in that day). Really concerning that something so prescious was missing! I called the following days asking for the manager to call me and no one did. I finally got to speak to someone 6 days later. So disappointing considering I had paid a pretty large sum of money for the service and it DEFINITELY was stressful when I was told they couldn’t find it!!!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 2/16/18, 1 Review