Denver Museum of Nature & Science Reviews

13 | Denver, CO

13 Reviews for Denver Museum of Nature & Science

• Lauren

Lauren Ruth · Married on 10/05/2019

More than I could have hoped for

There is so much to say about this incredible venue and the people that work there. First, I love that the money you're spending goes back to the museum and its educational goals. Secondly, the catering (which is delicious), the linens and tables, and the lighting are all in house which helps take some of the stress off of planning. And lastly, the unique touches that come along with this venue are really special. The view was perfect and the chance to include an exhibit as part of the reception space was a something that my guests loved. Plus, the backgrounds for photos are endless! The in house coordinator was professional, organized, and made the whole process so easy. If you're looking to make your wedding a little different while still being elegant and fun, this is the place to be!

Sent on 10/08/2019

jen · Married on 09/25/2016

My husband and I got married here in September 2016 and I could not possibly be happier with this venue. We chose the Museum of Nature and Science because we wanted to get married somewhere unique but not too quirky. The museum was modern and elegant and not at all "typical." We rented out the Leprino Family Atrium and utilized all 4 floors on the west side of the building. Our ceremony was held outside on the Sky Terrace (with the most breathtaking views of Denver), followed by cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing on the first and second floors. There is also a bridal suite on the 3rd floor which our band used as well.
    Yes, this venue is expensive.... but so were the other places we considered for our wedding. We did spend more than we planned on but it was worth EVERY penny. The food was awesome and the set up was incredible. The staff (servers, bartenders) were so great and hospitable, they made me feel like our wedding was the most important event they had ever worked. Ashley, the catering captain (not sure of her last name), who I had not met until an hour before the ceremony, went above and beyond for us. I did not hire a "day of coordinator" and I'm glad I didn't, because she totally played that role for us... Honestly she was a life saver!
    The museum's event coordinator, Molly Fortune, is truly amazing at her job. I probably emailed her 200 times in the months leading up to the wedding, and she was extremely responsive and patient with my many, many questions. :)
    I am just so happy with the Museum of Nature and Science... it was a wonderful experience and an unforgettable wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Karen · Married on 09/04/2016

Absolutely beautiful venue, delicious food, extremely easy to work with, flawless execution! Our guests are still raving about it.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Peggy · Married on 07/12/2013

We hosted our reception at museum. Everything was wonderful. The food was delicious, service was excellent. All of our guests commented about the unique setting for the reception.

Sent on 08/02/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 12/21/2018

Beautiful and Unique Venue

Provided an incredible backdrop for our wedding. Truly unforgettable in many, many ways. The museum does all the food, cake, linens, AV, alcohol, dance floor, tables and chairs and setup- really simple, instead of hiring a separate vendor for each. We had an incredible wedding there!!! Everything I could have ever hoped or dreamed of. The only reason I gave 4 stars for flexibility is that you can only host an event from 6p to 12midnight. Would have been even better if we had more hours to enjoy it!

Sent on 12/27/2018

The Museum is a beautiful venue for a wedding ceremony as well as a reception. They make it easy as they cater and provide all alcohol as well as servers. They provide security. They have an events staff (I used Molly Fortune) that walks you through every step. They assisted in coordinating all of the details. Sound system, dance floor, chairs, bars, etc. They made my life easier. They even delivered great weather for an outside wedding on their 4th floor west facing balcony!

Sent on 06/28/2013

leeah · Married on 06/04/2011

we chose the museum so our out-of-town guests could enjoy the mountains without the travel inconvenience. also, our ceremony was right across the street. we had our meal in the "australia room" which was unique and fun. be sure to go with the up-lighting though, because the ceilings seem low (only in comparison to the rest of the atrium).

i would say the only down-side is the split space, especially if you're having a large wedding. everyone will have to move around for the dinner/reception, so it's helpful to have a timeline/plan. our wedding was just 100 guest so everything worked out perfectly. the museum staff is so much help ... they work on a timeline and know what works logistically with the space and your wedding size.

the food was really great ... i was surprised considering we went with the buffet! but it really was good. definitely go to the tasting because we did change our minds about what we wanted for the dinner.

i guess the lower score (flexibility) relates to the alcohol and security guard situation. there are lot of little extras that you may not have to worry about with other venues. you'll also have to shut down the party a little earlier than some people may like. all things that go along with using a public venue. all worth it, as far as i was concerned!

Sent on 05/11/2012

Beautiful Venue for a wedding! All of our guest loved it and it was so much better than I could have ever imagined. Food was good but not excellent and they have some restrictions. No outside food allowed (including favors) and no open flames in exhibit area. Otherwise, great venue and great service!

Sent on 12/12/2012

We couldn't have asked for a better venue or staff. We had our wedding reception on the west side of the museum. Cocktail hour on the Sky Terrace overlooking City Park, complete with a backdrop of the city and mountains and a gorgeous sunset was amazing. The Italian buffet was delicious. Having the dance floor and DJ on the first level overlooking the park couldn't have been better. We were really happy with the museum. Only downsides are that there are a lot of fees you don't have control over - security, etc. We paid extra to have the reception to until midnight rather than 11 p.m. They also charged us a cake-cutting fee, even though we served cupcakes. When trying to dispute that, we were told it's a fee for bringing in outside food (though we were still charged $1 per person).

Sent on 09/30/2012
  • pojo

Polly · Married on 02/06/2010

3.5

My only complaint (Responsiveness and Professionalism) is with the event coordinator I worked with up to the event. I felt she was ill-informed and not particularly forth-coming. The actual event was handled by someone other than the event coordinator, which I found out the day before the event. I went into the event expecting the museum staff to be inflexible, uncommunicative, and unaccommodating. I was happily surprised the museum staff shattered my low expectations. My ceremony and reception at the museum went wonderfully. The food satisfied and my guests felt free and relaxed. The staff was great about meeting our needs and requests promptly and checking in with me to make sure the event was going as planned.

Sent on 02/18/2010

Aaron · Married on 04/09/2016

3.0

The Leprino Family Atrium at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science was a beautiful, gorgeous place to have our wedding reception. We ended up having around 165 guests that fit in the Spratlen Lounge and South Pacific Diorama Hall. Our cocktail reception and dance floor and area was located on the first floor in Schlessman Lobby. The space was incredibly beautiful and the food was delicious. We found the Event Coordinator to be very professional and responsive and we were able to get the dance floor we wanted, which was very much appreciated. Be sure to state everything you want in detail in the contract, as it is true that the Event Coordinator did not stay for the majority of the night of the event and instead handed control over to several other employees. Unfortunately the gluten-free cake wasn’t served as requested, but we later received a refund. All else was great with this venue. It does have a high price tag and you can’t bring any external food or alcohol in (including wedding favors), but in exchange, you get the City Park mountain view, roomy and beautiful event space, delicious food, central location, and easy parking.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Jacquie · Married on 08/06/2011

3.8
      3.0

The minute I walked onto the terrace at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, I knew this is where I wanted to marry my husband. We wanted a "Colorado" wedding with a venue either in the mountains, or with stellar views. This took the cake! You can see Pikes Peak to Wyoming, the Denver skyline and beautiful city park from the terrace. The inside view is just as spectacular through the floor to ceiling windows. The Museum provided the perfect place to have an urban yet mountain-y wedding. The guests loved the setting as well and enjoyed having dinner with the Australian animals in the diorama hall. We also received a lot of compliments on the food - and yes, options included way more than just dino-nuggets! The event coordinator was really easy to work with, it was like having a wedding planner included. She worked directly with my vendors to set up drop off/set up times. I didn't have to worry about any of that. While the museum charges you for every additional item from the dance floor to a cake-cutting fee, my wedding was more amazing than I had ever dreamed it would be.

Sent on 09/08/2011
  • Renee'

Renee · Married on 10/07/2018

3.6
      2.0

Good overall experience

My wedding was amazing and everything I asked for however the food was cold and flavorless and the wedding cupcakes could break a window they were so dense. seeing as how they make you use their catering department and pastry chefs you would think they cared more about what they serve you.

Sent on 10/15/2018