28 Reviews for Denis Gostev Photography

Second Shooter (3)
Engagement Shoot (3)
Liability Insurance (3)
28 Denis Gostev Photography Reviews

Short version: Denis was SO easy to work with. He has an incredible eye for catching the moment. He went above and beyond at both our engagement shoot and the wedding to get "that" shot. He's truly an artist. Our photos are gorgeous.

Long version: We booked Denis about 11 months ahead of time for our 9/9/17 wedding, along with an engagement shoot that we planned to schedule in the Spring of '17 when the weather was warmer (we signed the contract on 10/31/16). Three days after we booked him, I found out I had stage 3 cancer and would have to go through chemo, surgery, and radiation during the year leading up to our wedding. Since I already had my dress, we decided to scramble and pull together a wedding photoshoot so that we could have pictures before who-knows-what happened. So, we had the good fortune to have Denis take our wedding photos twice!

Denis made himself available on a Sunday with only 2 weeks’ notice to take our pre-chemo photos. He wore several layers of clothes so we could take pictures in the park on a 40 degree day in November. We were shivering, but the images were gorgeous. Denis plays with reflections, and depth, and light resulting in magazine-worthy shots.

Leading up to the wedding day, he was communicative. We had a shot list and timeline worked out ahead of time, which he tailored for us to make sure we got maximum party time, instead of spending the entire cocktail hour taking photos.

His style is so natural. The photos are gorgeous. A good mix of those beautiful, perfect, frame-ready shots, and candidly capturing moments throughout the day. He went above and beyond to get "that" shot. He's truly an artist, but also incredibly professional and caring. We couldn't be happier with him and his work.

Photos
Profile Picture Faith, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Short version - just book Denis now!

We booked Denis as our photographer for our wedding at the Loeb boathouse in Central Park. Ahead of the wedding Denis was incredibly responsive to emails and calls and was great at staying at communicating with us. Then on the day he organised our first look and it was perfect. He was able to choose the perfect location away from the crowds and took some amazing photos. Denis is not just a great photographer but a real wedding professional, able to help quietly arrange guests and proceedings to not just take amazing photos but to help the whole day run smoothly. He was always there but never in the way or overbearing and we got our formal photos done quickly and were able to spend more time with friends and family.

Last and most importantly he is a fantastic photographer. All of his photos were technically great with fantastic composition and lighting. He was also great at capturing decisive moments such as when a squirrel ran in front of one of our shots, or getting a photo between the wheels of a Central Park carriage, adding a creative and fun twist to our photos. Denis got all of the photos of people and groups we requested and really captured the spirit and feeling of our wedding. We also received photos exactly on schedule, getting a selection of photos a week later and then the full album six weeks later.

We couldn't be happier and friends have commented that they wish their wedding photos were as good as ours! Just book Denis now!

Profile Picture Ariela, 10/30/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Denis was amazing. Even though we were running behind and changed the first look photo location last minute, he was very easy going and accommodating. He sent us some preview photos very shortly after the wedding and I cannot wait to see the rest. Professional and talented.

Profile Picture User6355333, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, High-Res Images

Thank you Denis for being the best wedding photographer my husband and I could've asked for! It was a pleasure to work with you. We really appreciated all of your work with us, and we are so lucky to have such exquisite photos to keep as memories of our big day.
We can't recommend you enough!

Profile Picture User6223101, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

If you're looking for a professional photographer, talented, who will stay calm before and during the event, and who is ALWAYS available (and as you go through the wedding planning process you'll understand how rare that is)- you found your man. Denis was a pleasure to work with, both before and during the wedding. He is extremely thorough which takes a lot of pressure off the bride and groom, and during the wedding he notices the small details which make the wedding album so perfect in the end. Truly a great photographer.

Profile Picture User6653301, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis really went out of his way to get great photos for our wedding. He showed up with one assistant and a couple bags of gear (our wedding took place in multiple locations, and he had to follow us around). He got every shot we requested, and then some. He got some incredible candid shots--stuff we weren't expecting--and found great locations for staged shots we didn't know we wanted. The end result was fantastic and we couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture User7185578, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I got married in July 2016 and had planned our New York wedding from our home in the UK. New York is a special place that has a unique feel for both of us, and we wanted our wedding photos to not just be of us, but of the real city as well. Based on the research we did prior to choosing Denis, his work on our day, and the pictures we now have, we could not have chosen anybody better than Denis for this task. He is fantastic.

We chose Denis due to the portfolio on his website (which speaks for itself) as we both prefer candid photos, which he clearly has a flair for. From our first Skype conversation with him we knew we were in good hands. He listened to what we wanted, gave us advice and put us both at ease that we had made a good choice, even from the other side of the Atlantic! As we wanted our photos to include as much of the city as we could, we wanted to go to a number of locations. Denis helped us to plan this to fit our time frame, and we now have wonderful pictures from or including Ladies’ Pavilion (our wedding venue), Bow Bridge, Bethseda Terrace, Times Square, the US flag in Times Square, the Flatiron building, and a rooftop terrace with an incredible view of the Empire State Building. Denis coordinated all of these in such a way that he still took hundreds of amazing photos. His assistant for the day, Peter, was a great help to both of us as well, and we are very grateful to both of them.

We booked Denis for six hours, and it was absolutely worth every cent. If anything, we wish we had booked him for longer. I would whole-heartedly recommend him to anyone. He works incredibly hard to make sure that you get the wedding pictures that you want, and we are delighted with the final product, which we received online access to within five weeks.

If you are ‘on the fence’ just book him, you won’t regret it.

Profile Picture Ben, 7/28/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We hired Denis for our engagement session and couldn't be happier with the result. First, he was able to accommodate us within a week. His responses were almost instant and to the point. He listened to our requests and agreed to do things on our terms with zero intervention from his side. This was a huge positive sign from the beginning, considering I've experienced the pain in dealing with photographers with overblown egos. Second, Denis worked for much longer than we agreed on. In fact, he spent time with us way past the golden hour and the sunset. His photos at dusk with creative use of flash were excellent! This speaks volumes about his work ethics and that he is more than willing to work with you until you get the result you hired him to produce. Third, Denis is courteous and unobtrusive. His journalistic background shows through his work style and at times you have no idea he is taking photos. Finally, there is the result. Denis is extremely creative in his choice of angles, framing and control of light. He sees things that nobody would notice until you look at the final photos. This is the main reason we picked Denis and are extremely happy with the whole experience from beginning to end.

Profile Picture William, 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files

Please do not hesitate to book Denis as your wedding photographer. Incredibly helpful, very creative and captured our day perfectly. Denis offers fantastic value, he will capture the best shots without you even knowing. I promise you will be in safe hands.

Profile Picture Gareth, 5/31/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, High-Res Images

It was a pleasure working with Denis!
He is so talented and a true artist.
Denis is easy to work with, listened to our vision, and was very flexible and accommodating. He also offered great creative ideas for our engagement session.
He responded to all our emails in a timely manner. He traveled on his own time to our wedding venue (before our wedding day) to plan our photoshoot and had great suggestions and ideas of picture setups.
The day of, he made sure he kept us on point so we don't forget to take any picture we planed on taking, even when we had a time crunch.
Danis is a true artist and I recommend him to anyone who wants their wedding pictures to be unique and not cookie cutter! I look forward for the next time to work with him!

Profile Picture User6066439, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

Hire Denis!!! You will not be sorry. He takes beautiful photographs and works very, very hard to get the best photos possible. When the wedding is over, you will have wonderful captured moments that you can never get again. Just hire Denis.

Profile Picture William, 10/22/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

I can't rate Denis highly enough! He's a 10 out of 5 stars! He took the most gorgeous shots of our wedding. The formal shots are lovely - but there's nothing all the exciting about formal shots, no matter who takes them. It was the action shots that blew us all away! He managed to catch the flower girls mid-skip, the groom mid-boogie on the dance floor, and the bride mid-laugh during a toast. The photos look like they came out of a wedding magazine! On top of the fact that I think they're the best wedding photos I've ever seen, I should point out that he is incredibly reasonably-priced (Denis - you should double your prices!) Also, he sent us about 20 gorgeous edited shots just days after the wedding so that we could share them right away. Then, about five weeks later, he sent us hundreds upon hundreds of additional edited shots! The best part of all of it is that he sends you downloadable images and a thumb drive, so you don't have to pay the insane prices of having the photographer print the pictures for you. That certainly cuts down on the cost, to say the least, and allows you to put together your own photo book (which I will be giving to everyone for Christmas. Shhh! Don't tell my mom!) I cannot recommend Denis highly enough, and will certainly refer him to every single friend I have who is getting married.

Profile Picture Allison, 10/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Denis Gostev is great! He shot our wedding this September, and we were so impressed with his professionalism. He met with us after we contacted him, months before our wedding date, to get to know us as a couple, discuss what we wanted out of a wedding photographer, and offer tips about our big day. The finished product is gorgeous. We are so happy with our pictures, and they were delivered on the exact date he promised they would be. I cannot recommend Mr. Gostev highly enough.

Profile Picture Trish, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis photographed our wedding in August 2015 and the photos came out beautifully! Both my husband and I are camera shy, but Denis made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. Denis also had the ability to capture beautiful, natural moments of the guests and us without anyone noticing. It was also a very warm day and Denis helped run around and wrangle all of our guests for the family photos. Everything was done so efficiently, but also so comfortably. We were able to truly enjoy our day. I have since been to weddings with incredibly overzealous and intrusive photographers, and I am even more grateful for my wedding experience. Denis' work is clearly proof that you don't need to endure that type of experience to end up with beautiful wedding photos!

Denis is very responsive to emails and takes care to help you create plans for your photos and event in advance. 1 week after our wedding we received previews from Denis of our photos and 6 weeks after we received a password to a private site where we could download the full set (for us it was over 600 photos for a small, intimate wedding with a lunch, no large reception).

To top it all off, Denis' prices were far more affordable than any other photographers we spoke to. We couldn't recommend Denis enough!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 8/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Denis during my wedding was so easy and he really made sure that every picture I wanted was done. He really made my day on a photography level so much more relaxing. The pictures he captured throughout the day were amazing and my husband and I are so glad that we choose him to take pictures of our special day. I would really recommend him for any event as he really puts a lot of hard work into getting everything you want.

Profile Picture Dominique, 5/30/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis was wonderful to work with from the beginning to the end. He was courteous, professional, and listened very carefully to what we had in mind for our photographs. We felt that his style clicked with what we had envisioned, and it felt good to find that stylistic fit. He is very flexible, and will do all he can to make the process seamless and fun. We have so many great picture to choose from, and are very happy with all of them. Thank you, Denis!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Fantastic photographer--flexible, friendly, and great eye for unique and beautiful photographs. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Michael, 5/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis Gostev was referred to me by a common friend to photograph my wedding in the Catskills in New York state. I booked him, because his photos were elegant and beautiful and his website was simple and modest -- the photos spoke for themselves. He exceeded all expectations! I would highly recommend Denis to any couple thinking of hiring a professional wedding photographer. Denis did a terrific job of capturing our wedding, despite the fact that the wedding was held indoors with very bad light and little decorations. Also, we didn't allot much time for creative shots, but Denis managed to capture quite a few creative details. He covered all of the small details, the group pictures, and many photos of people in motion - dancing, laughing, toasting. I think his expertise in sports photography is what makes him so great. I think I got much more than what I paid for -- Denis came all the way from NYC very early in the morning and brought an assistant. He also worked extremely hard, trying to capture every single moment and running back and forth between the groom's and bride's parties. Prior to the wedding, he was prompt in his communication and had a contract for us to sign. We had a lengthy Skype conversation to discuss the timeline of the wedding. He also followed up with the venue on his own accord to provide them with a photographer's insurance. Book Denis and you won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Ksenia, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis is an amazing photographer!!! We hired Denis to do photography for our wedding in March. He was professional and made everyone feel very comfortable at the wedding. In the words of my father, his photography is just "fantastic". Denis is truly talented, takes beautiful, very natural photographs and uses interesting angles and views. He truly captured the energy and emotions of our wedding and the beauty of the our venue. We absolutely love our wedding pictures and will treasure them for many years. We highly recommend Denis, you will not be disappointed!!!

Profile Picture Ana, 3/28/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

It was such a pleasure to Work with Denis. From our initial convo, he knew exactly what we were looking for and was nothing but courteous and professional from beginning to end. The photos Denis took came out beautiful and really captured that special day for us.

The other great thing was the affordability, He was very reasonable in price and we definitely got a whole lot more than we imagined. If you are looking for a professional wedding photographer, Denis is your guy.

Profile Picture David, 2/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We planned our wedding very fast, in four months, and were very lucky to find Denis on the Wedding Wire. When we met I just knew I can stop worrying about photography. We hired him right after the interview and it was great working with him. Denis was super attentive to all our requests and managed to get really great shots of our extended family in a very short period of time. Our portraits were awesome and it turned out to be fun to do. It was raining on our wedding day and I thought the idea of outside locations was lost, but we have amazing romantic shots with rain pouring on the background!
We actually got the whole portfolio a week earlier then contracted and my husband and I spend several days relieving happy memories before showing them to our friends.

Profile Picture Ally, 9/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Absolutely amazing job! I love the photos, the candid shots, the moments, portraits... Denis gave us every photo we wanted and more...
I will definitely recommend his services.

Profile Picture Dana, 9/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Of all the services that go into planning a wedding, the photographer was of utmost importance for the big day. For me, it was even more important than the dress! After all is said and done, it's the photographs that remain to rekindle all the beautiful memories of the best day of your life.

I reviewed countless webpages and photos... until I found Denis Gostev Photography. The images on his site, came to life. They were not just 'run of the mill' wedding photos. Upon meeting with him and discussing our vision... it was apparent to us that he was easy to work with and he emulated our vision as well. The meeting left me with an elated feeling that we were in good hands with Denis.

The day of our wedding, Denis was the first to arrive and worked like a true professional throughout the entire day, until the last moments ticked away at the end of the evening.

In a word, the photos were phenomenal. I could not believe how well Denis captured the essence of all that was happening. The colors, lighting and shots were amazing! My husband and I couldn't be happier with choosing Denis!

Profile Picture Regina, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Denis was professional and great to work with from day 1. My husband and I were extremely busy with work and planned our wedding in about 2 months. Denis was flexible enough to meet us at our home for convenience and had great suggestions on how to really capture the day. His main interest was to tell the story in pictures, which was really important to us as well. We also had some special requests which he was more than willing to accommodate- we had a small morning ceremony and large evening reception. In between the 2 events Denis was able to put some of the pictures from the wedding on a USB that played on TVs at the reception in a slide show for attendees to see what happened earlier in the day. It was truly special and the photos were absolutely stunning. He and his assistant were so professional and really captured the day without pictures looking staged or too posed.

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/27/13, 1 Review