Denis Gostev Photography Reviews

Denis Gostev Photography 5
Denis Gostev Photography 6
Denis Gostev Photography 7

H · Married on 08/10/2018

Denis is a phenomenal photographer. We cannot thank him enough! My husband and I wanted classic photos that had just the right amount of creativity without being too edited. Denis’s work is perfect. He captures the entire day as it unfolds without ever intervening. His photos are timeless and absolutely beautiful.

My husband and I do not love being photographed. So, it was great that we started with an engagement session. Denis met us in central park for engagement photos, and it was the perfect way to get to know him before our wedding day. We insisted on bringing our small dog, and he was completely accommodating and went above and beyond to capture the photos we requested.

As a type A bride with no wedding planner, I was very concerned about the wedding day timeline. I envisioned taking photos in several locations with an entire wedding party from out of state, but I did not want to over schedule everyone. A week before the wedding, Denis reviewed my timeline, spent over an hour on the phone with me, and made suggestions to help me feel completely confident that he would cover my wish list without having the day feel too crazy. So helpful!

In the end, Denis also suggested taking photos in locations near our venue that I didn’t even know existed. He did his research and encouraged us to take additional photos for just a few more minutes before it started raining between the ceremony and reception. The photos are amazing, and I will cherish them forever!

Denis is professional, patient, hard working, and incredibly talented! We 100% recommend him for any photo opportunity, especially your wedding day!

Denis Gostev Photography 8
    Denis Gostev Photography 9
    Denis Gostev Photography 10
    Denis Gostev Photography 11
    Denis Gostev Photography 12

Cindy · Married on 10/07/2017

Denis is highly professional and has an exceptionally keen eye for photography. He was punctual at our first meeting and came well prepared with beautiful samples from his portfolio and detailed answers to all our questions. What separates Denis from the rest is that he not only listened to what we had planned and wanted, he also took initiative to help us polish our agenda for the best quality pictures and a smooth wedding. We knew he was the right one for the job. Leading up to our wedding day, he touched base regularly to keep us apprised and to learn of anything we wanted to change. On the day of our wedding, he and the 2nd photographer arrived early and wasted no time taking pictures. Despite the hectic schedule, they remained organized and were able to capture all the photos we wanted with some allowable time for extras. Immediately the next day we received beautiful "sneak peaks" that left us wanting more! We finally received our pictures a few days before the promised deadline, and they were absolutely perfect!! There were so many shots of my fiancé tearing, and I can clearly see the tear drops!! Wedding planning is undoubtedly an extremely stressful time but with Denis, the entire process felt seamless and stress-free. His professionalism, expertise, creativity, and enthusiasm are unparalleled, and we would highly recommend him to any couple looking to capture the most important day in their lives!

• F

Faith · Married on 09/09/2017

Short version: Denis was SO easy to work with. He has an incredible eye for catching the moment. He went above and beyond at both our engagement shoot and the wedding to get "that" shot. He's truly an artist. Our photos are gorgeous.

Long version: We booked Denis about 11 months ahead of time for our 9/9/17 wedding, along with an engagement shoot that we planned to schedule in the Spring of '17 when the weather was warmer (we signed the contract on 10/31/16). Three days after we booked him, I found out I had stage 3 cancer and would have to go through chemo, surgery, and radiation during the year leading up to our wedding. Since I already had my dress, we decided to scramble and pull together a wedding photoshoot so that we could have pictures before who-knows-what happened. So, we had the good fortune to have Denis take our wedding photos twice!

Denis made himself available on a Sunday with only 2 weeks’ notice to take our pre-chemo photos. He wore several layers of clothes so we could take pictures in the park on a 40 degree day in November. We were shivering, but the images were gorgeous. Denis plays with reflections, and depth, and light resulting in magazine-worthy shots.

Leading up to the wedding day, he was communicative. We had a shot list and timeline worked out ahead of time, which he tailored for us to make sure we got maximum party time, instead of spending the entire cocktail hour taking photos.

His style is so natural. The photos are gorgeous. A good mix of those beautiful, perfect, frame-ready shots, and candidly capturing moments throughout the day. He went above and beyond to get "that" shot. He's truly an artist, but also incredibly professional and caring. We couldn't be happier with him and his work.

Denis Gostev Photography 13
    Denis Gostev Photography 18
    Denis Gostev Photography 19
    Denis Gostev Photography 20

Ariela · Married on 10/30/2016

Short version - just book Denis now!

We booked Denis as our photographer for our wedding at the Loeb boathouse in Central Park. Ahead of the wedding Denis was incredibly responsive to emails and calls and was great at staying at communicating with us. Then on the day he organised our first look and it was perfect. He was able to choose the perfect location away from the crowds and took some amazing photos. Denis is not just a great photographer but a real wedding professional, able to help quietly arrange guests and proceedings to not just take amazing photos but to help the whole day run smoothly. He was always there but never in the way or overbearing and we got our formal photos done quickly and were able to spend more time with friends and family.

Last and most importantly he is a fantastic photographer. All of his photos were technically great with fantastic composition and lighting. He was also great at capturing decisive moments such as when a squirrel ran in front of one of our shots, or getting a photo between the wheels of a Central Park carriage, adding a creative and fun twist to our photos. Denis got all of the photos of people and groups we requested and really captured the spirit and feeling of our wedding. We also received photos exactly on schedule, getting a selection of photos a week later and then the full album six weeks later.

We couldn't be happier and friends have commented that they wish their wedding photos were as good as ours! Just book Denis now!

• Z

Zana · Married on 10/22/2016

Denis was amazing. Even though we were running behind and changed the first look photo location last minute, he was very easy going and accommodating. He sent us some preview photos very shortly after the wedding and I cannot wait to see the rest. Professional and talented.

Jessica · Married on 09/18/2016

Thank you Denis for being the best wedding photographer my husband and I could've asked for! It was a pleasure to work with you. We really appreciated all of your work with us, and we are so lucky to have such exquisite photos to keep as memories of our big day.
    We can't recommend you enough!

Meir · Married on 09/03/2016

If you're looking for a professional photographer, talented, who will stay calm before and during the event, and who is ALWAYS available (and as you go through the wedding planning process you'll understand how rare that is)- you found your man. Denis was a pleasure to work with, both before and during the wedding. He is extremely thorough which takes a lot of pressure off the bride and groom, and during the wedding he notices the small details which make the wedding album so perfect in the end. Truly a great photographer.

David · Married on 07/30/2016

Denis really went out of his way to get great photos for our wedding. He showed up with one assistant and a couple bags of gear (our wedding took place in multiple locations, and he had to follow us around). He got every shot we requested, and then some. He got some incredible candid shots--stuff we weren't expecting--and found great locations for staged shots we didn't know we wanted. The end result was fantastic and we couldn't be happier.

Ben · Married on 07/28/2016

My wife and I got married in July 2016 and had planned our New York wedding from our home in the UK. New York is a special place that has a unique feel for both of us, and we wanted our wedding photos to not just be of us, but of the real city as well. Based on the research we did prior to choosing Denis, his work on our day, and the pictures we now have, we could not have chosen anybody better than Denis for this task. He is fantastic.

We chose Denis due to the portfolio on his website (which speaks for itself) as we both prefer candid photos, which he clearly has a flair for. From our first Skype conversation with him we knew we were in good hands. He listened to what we wanted, gave us advice and put us both at ease that we had made a good choice, even from the other side of the Atlantic! As we wanted our photos to include as much of the city as we could, we wanted to go to a number of locations. Denis helped us to plan this to fit our time frame, and we now have wonderful pictures from or including Ladies’ Pavilion (our wedding venue), Bow Bridge, Bethseda Terrace, Times Square, the US flag in Times Square, the Flatiron building, and a rooftop terrace with an incredible view of the Empire State Building. Denis coordinated all of these in such a way that he still took hundreds of amazing photos. His assistant for the day, Peter, was a great help to both of us as well, and we are very grateful to both of them.

We booked Denis for six hours, and it was absolutely worth every cent. If anything, we wish we had booked him for longer. I would whole-heartedly recommend him to anyone. He works incredibly hard to make sure that you get the wedding pictures that you want, and we are delighted with the final product, which we received online access to within five weeks.

If you are ‘on the fence’ just book him, you won’t regret it.

• W

William · Married on 06/11/2016

We hired Denis for our engagement session and couldn't be happier with the result. First, he was able to accommodate us within a week. His responses were almost instant and to the point. He listened to our requests and agreed to do things on our terms with zero intervention from his side. This was a huge positive sign from the beginning, considering I've experienced the pain in dealing with photographers with overblown egos. Second, Denis worked for much longer than we agreed on. In fact, he spent time with us way past the golden hour and the sunset. His photos at dusk with creative use of flash were excellent! This speaks volumes about his work ethics and that he is more than willing to work with you until you get the result you hired him to produce. Third, Denis is courteous and unobtrusive. His journalistic background shows through his work style and at times you have no idea he is taking photos. Finally, there is the result. Denis is extremely creative in his choice of angles, framing and control of light. He sees things that nobody would notice until you look at the final photos. This is the main reason we picked Denis and are extremely happy with the whole experience from beginning to end.

Gareth · Married on 05/31/2016

Please do not hesitate to book Denis as your wedding photographer. Incredibly helpful, very creative and captured our day perfectly. Denis offers fantastic value, he will capture the best shots without you even knowing. I promise you will be in safe hands.

It was a pleasure working with Denis!
    He is so talented and a true artist.
    Denis is easy to work with, listened to our vision, and was very flexible and accommodating. He also offered great creative ideas for our engagement session.
    He responded to all our emails in a timely manner. He traveled on his own time to our wedding venue (before our wedding day) to plan our photoshoot and had great suggestions and ideas of picture setups.
    The day of, he made sure he kept us on point so we don't forget to take any picture we planed on taking, even when we had a time crunch.
    Danis is a true artist and I recommend him to anyone who wants their wedding pictures to be unique and not cookie cutter! I look forward for the next time to work with him!

• W

William · Married on 10/22/2015

Hire Denis!!! You will not be sorry. He takes beautiful photographs and works very, very hard to get the best photos possible. When the wedding is over, you will have wonderful captured moments that you can never get again. Just hire Denis.

Allison · Married on 10/10/2015

I can't rate Denis highly enough! He's a 10 out of 5 stars! He took the most gorgeous shots of our wedding. The formal shots are lovely - but there's nothing all the exciting about formal shots, no matter who takes them. It was the action shots that blew us all away! He managed to catch the flower girls mid-skip, the groom mid-boogie on the dance floor, and the bride mid-laugh during a toast. The photos look like they came out of a wedding magazine! On top of the fact that I think they're the best wedding photos I've ever seen, I should point out that he is incredibly reasonably-priced (Denis - you should double your prices!) Also, he sent us about 20 gorgeous edited shots just days after the wedding so that we could share them right away. Then, about five weeks later, he sent us hundreds upon hundreds of additional edited shots! The best part of all of it is that he sends you downloadable images and a thumb drive, so you don't have to pay the insane prices of having the photographer print the pictures for you. That certainly cuts down on the cost, to say the least, and allows you to put together your own photo book (which I will be giving to everyone for Christmas. Shhh! Don't tell my mom!) I cannot recommend Denis highly enough, and will certainly refer him to every single friend I have who is getting married.

Trish · Married on 09/05/2015

Denis Gostev is great! He shot our wedding this September, and we were so impressed with his professionalism. He met with us after we contacted him, months before our wedding date, to get to know us as a couple, discuss what we wanted out of a wedding photographer, and offer tips about our big day. The finished product is gorgeous. We are so happy with our pictures, and they were delivered on the exact date he promised they would be. I cannot recommend Mr. Gostev highly enough.

Chelsea · Married on 08/23/2015

Denis photographed our wedding in August 2015 and the photos came out beautifully! Both my husband and I are camera shy, but Denis made us feel completely comfortable in front of the camera. Denis also had the ability to capture beautiful, natural moments of the guests and us without anyone noticing. It was also a very warm day and Denis helped run around and wrangle all of our guests for the family photos. Everything was done so efficiently, but also so comfortably. We were able to truly enjoy our day. I have since been to weddings with incredibly overzealous and intrusive photographers, and I am even more grateful for my wedding experience. Denis' work is clearly proof that you don't need to endure that type of experience to end up with beautiful wedding photos!

Denis is very responsive to emails and takes care to help you create plans for your photos and event in advance. 1 week after our wedding we received previews from Denis of our photos and 6 weeks after we received a password to a private site where we could download the full set (for us it was over 600 photos for a small, intimate wedding with a lunch, no large reception).

To top it all off, Denis' prices were far more affordable than any other photographers we spoke to. We couldn't recommend Denis enough!

Dominique · Married on 05/30/2015

Working with Denis during my wedding was so easy and he really made sure that every picture I wanted was done. He really made my day on a photography level so much more relaxing. The pictures he captured throughout the day were amazing and my husband and I are so glad that we choose him to take pictures of our special day. I would really recommend him for any event as he really puts a lot of hard work into getting everything you want.

Julia · Married on 05/17/2015

Denis was wonderful to work with from the beginning to the end. He was courteous, professional, and listened very carefully to what we had in mind for our photographs. We felt that his style clicked with what we had envisioned, and it felt good to find that stylistic fit. He is very flexible, and will do all he can to make the process seamless and fun. We have so many great picture to choose from, and are very happy with all of them. Thank you, Denis!

Michael · Married on 05/17/2015

Fantastic photographer--flexible, friendly, and great eye for unique and beautiful photographs. Highly recommended.

Ksenia · Married on 04/04/2015

Denis Gostev was referred to me by a common friend to photograph my wedding in the Catskills in New York state. I booked him, because his photos were elegant and beautiful and his website was simple and modest -- the photos spoke for themselves. He exceeded all expectations! I would highly recommend Denis to any couple thinking of hiring a professional wedding photographer. Denis did a terrific job of capturing our wedding, despite the fact that the wedding was held indoors with very bad light and little decorations. Also, we didn't allot much time for creative shots, but Denis managed to capture quite a few creative details. He covered all of the small details, the group pictures, and many photos of people in motion - dancing, laughing, toasting. I think his expertise in sports photography is what makes him so great. I think I got much more than what I paid for -- Denis came all the way from NYC very early in the morning and brought an assistant. He also worked extremely hard, trying to capture every single moment and running back and forth between the groom's and bride's parties. Prior to the wedding, he was prompt in his communication and had a contract for us to sign. We had a lengthy Skype conversation to discuss the timeline of the wedding. He also followed up with the venue on his own accord to provide them with a photographer's insurance. Book Denis and you won't be disappointed!

Ana · Married on 03/28/2015

Denis is an amazing photographer!!! We hired Denis to do photography for our wedding in March. He was professional and made everyone feel very comfortable at the wedding. In the words of my father, his photography is just "fantastic". Denis is truly talented, takes beautiful, very natural photographs and uses interesting angles and views. He truly captured the energy and emotions of our wedding and the beauty of the our venue. We absolutely love our wedding pictures and will treasure them for many years. We highly recommend Denis, you will not be disappointed!!!

David · Married on 02/06/2015

It was such a pleasure to Work with Denis. From our initial convo, he knew exactly what we were looking for and was nothing but courteous and professional from beginning to end. The photos Denis took came out beautiful and really captured that special day for us.

The other great thing was the affordability, He was very reasonable in price and we definitely got a whole lot more than we imagined. If you are looking for a professional wedding photographer, Denis is your guy.

Ally · Married on 09/28/2014

We planned our wedding very fast, in four months, and were very lucky to find Denis on the Wedding Wire. When we met I just knew I can stop worrying about photography. We hired him right after the interview and it was great working with him. Denis was super attentive to all our requests and managed to get really great shots of our extended family in a very short period of time. Our portraits were awesome and it turned out to be fun to do. It was raining on our wedding day and I thought the idea of outside locations was lost, but we have amazing romantic shots with rain pouring on the background!
    We actually got the whole portfolio a week earlier then contracted and my husband and I spend several days relieving happy memories before showing them to our friends.

Dana · Married on 09/12/2014

Absolutely amazing job! I love the photos, the candid shots, the moments, portraits... Denis gave us every photo we wanted and more...
    I will definitely recommend his services.

Regina · Married on 04/12/2014

Of all the services that go into planning a wedding, the photographer was of utmost importance for the big day. For me, it was even more important than the dress! After all is said and done, it's the photographs that remain to rekindle all the beautiful memories of the best day of your life.

I reviewed countless webpages and photos... until I found Denis Gostev Photography. The images on his site, came to life. They were not just 'run of the mill' wedding photos. Upon meeting with him and discussing our vision... it was apparent to us that he was easy to work with and he emulated our vision as well. The meeting left me with an elated feeling that we were in good hands with Denis.

The day of our wedding, Denis was the first to arrive and worked like a true professional throughout the entire day, until the last moments ticked away at the end of the evening.

In a word, the photos were phenomenal. I could not believe how well Denis captured the essence of all that was happening. The colors, lighting and shots were amazing! My husband and I couldn't be happier with choosing Denis!