87 Reviews for Demiche

Eye Makeup (3)
Makeup Trial (3)
Hair Extensions (1)
Airbrush (1)

Michelle did my hair for my wedding in September in Boston. I was a little apprehensive about hair services in general since I'm used to having a tough time with getting my hair to stay in any particular style, or even with finding a salon that has experience dealing with my hair type (I've had some terrible experiences with cuts, colors, or perms at places that otherwise have great reviews, which I assume is because I don't fit their usual demographic). However, I had absolutely no reason to be worried! Michelle was not only extremely sweet and accommodating with her time and schedule, but the entire experience with the actual styling felt so professional and so efficient, and I immediately loved the outcome. I did a trial run before the wedding and did small tweaks after she did a first concept based on some vague Pinterest images, and even after moving things around to accommodate every minor idea or request, everything still looked fantastic. The day of, the result was even better. We were running a little tight on time, but that didn't matter -- Michelle's hairstyle looked exactly the way I wanted it to, and it stayed in place through 4-5 hours of ceremony/cocktail hour/toasts/etc., and then 6 FULL hours of all-out dancing at the reception and after party: jumping, twirling, sweating, hugging, getting bumped into... I don't understand how that's possible - and none of my hair ever felt stiff or crunchy from the hairspray at all! The entire time she was so kind and easy to get along with, and super quick to take any feedback you can come up with to make sure everything is exactly how you imagine it to be. I couldn't recommend Michelle more highly!

Profile Picture S, 9/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend Demiche! Michelle is so easy to work with and Yvonne is just fantastic. The trial was so much fun and I knew very quickly I wanted Yvonne to be there on my special day. Yvonne was flexible to try different hair styles and products, gave her recommendations which were really helpful, and the makeup looked so natural which is what I wanted. She starts with less and builds in order to get it just right. She works fast and was able to flex last minute to an updated timeline and last minute add on. I can't thank Demiche enough for making me and all my bridesmaids feel (and look) so beautiful!

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/25/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Working with Michelle, Yvonne, and their team was a dream! I had 18 women getting hair done and nearly 10 doing makeup - and I was holding my breath that everyone was happy because it's difficult sometimes to get it right. Well, everyone was THRILLED. Each and every woman - from 4 to 82 - felt beautiful. The team really worked to highlight each woman's unique assets and also listen to their needs. Some wanted bold eyes, some wanted a natural look, but magically the Demiche team achieved it all while still ensuring that everyone had a cohesive look for the wedding. As the bride, I had my trial with Yvonne and my day-of with Michelle - and they were both amazing. I generally only wear mineral makeup sparingly, so was concerned about having any cream makeup on my face. But their makeup still felt minimal and clean, and I had a glowing face in pictures. Despite August humidity, it's worth noting that I never got glare or 'sweat' it off. I could even rest my head on my husband's shoulder without leaving residue.

I could go on and on, but in short they were professional, efficient, incredibly friendly and just a part of the group, and so wonderful at hair and makeup - a dream 'glam squad.' Don't hesitate booking with them.

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/12/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

We hired Demiche at the recommendation of our wedding planner after already hiring another top Boston make-up artist and having a terrible experience. From the first conversation with Michelle, Demiche's owner, we knew she was the perfect fit. Demiche did the make-up for the entire bridal party, mother of one of the brides and for both brides. Demiche also did hair for one of the brides. Michelle's positive energy is infectious. Her passion for her work and skill was clear after both our make-up trials. Demiche made everyone, especially myself and my wife, feel our most beautiful. Our make-up was classic and timeless without being heavy and overwhelming. Michelle was also willing work modify what we didn't like at both our trials. I would absolutely recommend Demiche for hair and make-up. You want someone who not only knows how to make you look beautiful, but you want someone who has a positive energy and shares in your excitement on your wedding day. I cannot recommend Demiche highly enough.

Profile Picture Natalie, 6/9/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Consultations, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Michelle and Jennifer from Demiche were terrific. Not only were they fun and pleasant, they provided gorgeous hair styles and beautiful makeup for a bride, mother of the bride, sister-in-law of the bride, mother of the groom, and four bridesmaids on the morning of my daughter's wedding. My daughter, who doesn't own or wear makeup, was afraid she would be over made-up, but Demiche gave her a very natural, truly stunning look. The stylists listened carefully to all of the women and their preferences. The hairstyles were gorgeous -- and didn't fall! -- and you could tell everyone felt beautiful for the big day.

Profile Picture Brenda, 11/25/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

I am so very lucky that Michelle and Yvonne were part of my wedding day- don't hesitate, book them now! Demiche was recommended by my venue, The Liberty Hotel. I reached out with an email, and heard promptly back from Michelle about availability and a quote for myself and my bridal party. I scheduled a hair and makeup trial, and knew within minutes of meeting Michelle that she was "the one" for me; she is beyond charming and easy to talk to. I don't wear a ton of makeup and getting glammed up is always a bit daunting for me. I was nervous about the makeup in particular, but I let her take the wheel, and like the true professional that she is, she did not disappoint. I thought I looked fantastic the day of the trial, but she even managed to step it up a notch on my actual wedding day with the trifecta of perfect hair, makeup, and birdcage placement :) And take her advice and go with the fake lashes, the longer the better! Having Michelle and Yvonne around in the hours leading up to the ceremony was so much fun- they fit right in with my bridesmaids, family, and friends that were stopping in to say hello. We all felt so beautiful and our hair and makeup did not budge for the whole night- and there was a LOT of dancing :) I can't say enough about how pleasant they were to talk to and be around- exactly the type of people you need to surround yourself with on the big day! They are so very talented and absolutely love what they do- an amazing combination.

Profile Picture Lynn McCourt, 4/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle and her team at Demiche are the most talented and considerate hair/makeup consultants around Boston. They take the time to listen to not only the brides likes and dislikes but the entire wedding party as well. They are very punctual and spot on with quick communication, always making me feel like my family is their only client. Thank you so very much.

Profile Picture Jana, 11/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so happy that we chose Demiche for my bridal makeup. Michelle and Yvonne are pros! My bridesmaids looked fabulous and all loved their hair and makeup. Demiche was punctual, easy to communicate with, and really listened to what each girl wanted.

Michelle did my hair and makeup, and I felt so beautiful on my wedding day. I loved my natural but glammed up makeup, and my hairstyle was exactly what I envisioned - and it stayed the whole night! I HIGHLY recommend Demiche!

Profile Picture Natalia, 10/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot even begin to explain how much I love Michelle Arruda DeVoe. I met her at a networking event and knew from the moment I met her that I had to have her for my hair and makeup. I went for a trial and I’m pretty sure we fell in love. She has such a calming and bubbly personality that we chatted the entire time. I was a super annoying bride that emailed her at least 10 times with questions about timing, services and what I should expect. She always answered me within a few hours and assured me that I wasn’t being a pest at all. Day of the wedding, she and her team were amazing. They showed up at least 10 minutes earlier and were ready to get to business. I had a lot of bridesmaids and they had us all finished in just under 4 hours. I have never felt as beautiful as Michelle made me that day. Everything was absolutely perfect. She remembered everything we had talked about at the trial and then made me look 10x better than I ever expected. If you’re a bride looking for hair and makeup, you should absolutely book Michelle. She’s the best out there!

Profile Picture Adrianna, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Michelle and her team were amazing, I am so happy I hired them! I did book her almost 9 months in advance, but was so glad I did – she came highly recommended to me by both my planner and photographer. Michelle is so friendly and super professional. I got ready in a hotel suite, and Michelle and her team arrived and immediately rearranged furniture and called down for what they needed to get the perfect setup to get everyone ready. Everyone's hair and makeup was beautiful and I could not have been more thrilled with the service. Between my hair trial and the wedding day, I had changed my mind on how I wanted my hair styled, and it wasn't an issue at all as Michelle was able to nail the style perfectly! My hair even managed to stay perfect throughout the day and evening despite somewhat rainy weather. More importantly, Michelle and her team helped to keep me calm throughout the morning. The morning of your wedding day is filled with emotions, and Michelle is just who you want with you the hour before you walk down the aisle. My Mom, bridesmaids, and flower girl all looked so beautiful and can't recommend her services enough! Thank you again!!

Profile Picture Kate, 10/1/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I've known Michelle for about 10 years; we used to contract each other out for Weddings, as I am also a hairstylist. Just knowing how talented, professional, and passionate Michelle is with her Brides, there was never a question in my mind who I wanted to help me look beautiful for my wedding day. I cannot thank her enough for helping my team of ladies get ready. It was such a smooth and fun process. I'd highly recommend her and her entire team of Demiche girls.

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle was our professional and she was amazing!! This was the first time I and my bridal party had ever had our hair and make up done and we were not sure what to expect. Michelle made us feel comfortable and at ease. We were so pleased with her work! She was fun, engaging, on time and great! We give her A++++ I highly recommend Michelle! Thanks to her we all look amazing in my wedding photos! :)

Profile Picture Rene', 8/12/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

I am beyond grateful to Michelle at Demiche for not only making me look FABULOUS on my wedding day, but for keeping me sane! She was my saving grace through the whole wedding morning, an absolute pleasure to work with! She knew what I wanted and needed without me really having to say anything. I could not have imagined a more perfect hairstyle and it lasted throughout a night of dancing (curls, volume, hairpiece, all of it!) And my makeup! Girrrrrrrl, flawless! I still looked like me, but a more glamorous me! I had never felt so beautiful!
Michelle and Yvonne did such an amazing job keeping my large wedding party on time and looking stunning! The whole morning was fun filled and seemingly effortless thanks to them!

Profile Picture Jessi, 7/24/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Makeup, Fake Lashes, Airbrush

FIVE STAR!!! Cannot say enough. We are so appreciative to Michelle and Yvonne for their incredible talent in making us feel so beautiful for my wedding!! As an event professional myself, I’ve seen a lot of hair/make-up so when it came time to select our vendors, I was extremely particular. However, having seen Michelle’s work firsthand and having the pleasure of spending some time together, I knew she was our gal! Michelle exceeded expectations and went above and beyond to make our day so enjoyable…even traveling the distance to upstate Maine to be with us! Her energy is magnetic – a true professional. She didn’t douse my face in makeup – rather created the natural look I wanted to enhance some of my fav features. She took the time to listen and understand my vision...and then NAILED it! Yvonne created some of the most incredible updo’s without making the girls look “old” or stuffy. She kept the looks classic, crisp and true to the girls personalities. If you are searching for the BEST hair/make-up team…look no further…you have found them at Demiche!

Profile Picture kristyn, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Michelle and Evonne were wonderful and such a pleasure to work with. I worked with Michelle prior to wedding just through working through our contract and the make up trials and she was so sweet, fun and easy to get along with. She KILLED it with my hair and make up and was so great about changing things to be more my liking. I loved working with her and would recommend her to anyone else!

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/11/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Yvonne and Jen were absolutely amazing!!! They are so talented and made everyone in our bridal party look amazing. They were also so much fun to work with. Can't say enough good things about Demiche.

Profile Picture User4642898, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I used Demiche for my wedding (hair and make-up) and could not be more pleased. Jen did a spectacular job on both hair and make-up for me and my 2 sisters as well as hair for my 2 little flower girls. The styles held all day and night and she was able to understand and execute hair/make-up according to each girl's personal style. My bridal hair and make-up was pretty near perfect! I still looked like myself, just a bit better ;-) Jen was a delight to work with and Michelle was always available via email for my many questions along the way. I would recommend Demiche to any bride!

Profile Picture Karen, 5/30/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

To those brides in the North Shore and Boston area, I cannot recommend Michelle enough. She is very professional, easy to work with, and an extremely talented hair and makeup artist. She was patient with me as I continued to change my mind about what hair style wanted (because choosing between up and done seemed like the biggest decision in the world at the time!) Once I gave her a picture of what I had in mind, she executed it beautifully. She and her assistant were on time at my parent's home. She paid equal attention to the bridesmaids, and we all felt like our best version of ourselves by the time she was done. I only wish I could have her do my hair and makeup every day! She went above and beyond, even jumping in to help us with the bouquets. Her prices were also reasonable, based on my research of other beauticians in the area. You won't regret selecting Michelle for your big day!

Profile Picture Renay, 11/1/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle and her team did an amazing job on my bridal party's makeup. i went to my trial and told Michelle that I wanted enough makeup for the pictures but not so much that I didn't look like myself. Michelle listened to my requests and did the most beautiful bridal makeup for me. On the day of my wedding, she was able to recreate the look and it was flawless! All of my bridesmaids looked amazing as well! I hope to visit the Demiche dry bar for makeup and hair for future events.

Profile Picture Natalie, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I love Demiche!! I can never decide on anything and it's even worse when it comes to hair and makeup since I do both so little. Michelle and Yvonne were amazing and listened to my scatter brain thoughts and picky needs, and created a perfectly classic and natural look for me that was even more than I could have dreamed. We used Demiche both for my own wedding and again for my sister's!

Profile Picture ariana, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Demiche is amazing!! Yvonne did my hair for my wedding, and she and Jen did my 8 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother-in-law's hair. I absolutely loved my hair on my wedding day. I felt so beautiful, and my pictures came out great. My wedding party looked beautiful as well, and they were all very happy with their results. If you want to love your hair on your wedding day, and if you want a timeless style you will always love and remember, definitely use Demiche!!

Profile Picture Eric and Joanna, 9/6/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle at Demiche Beaute' came to us highly recommended, and she lived up to every expectation. And having her in our getting-ready room on our wedding day was a pleasure - something I hadn't thought far enough about. She is warm, professional and talented. From both a make-up-oriented person and a non-make-up person, she was able to give us both exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture Maggie, 8/30/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Don't look any further than Demiche! Michelle and Yvonne provided hair and makeup services for 6 women (bride, 4 bridesmaids, and mother of the bride) at my recent wedding on 12/21/13. I can't say enough about how amazing they are! You will not find a more efficient, professional, or more talented team than the girls at Demiche. They arrived on time, completed their work with plenty of time to spare, and just kept the pace very fun and relaxed the whole time. For a morning that could be very stressful for a bride, Michelle and Yvonne made you forget about all that pressure and we truly all just had a great time hanging out together. They are very sweet and personable and want to ensure you are more than satisfied with their work.

I was referred to Demiche through a friend, as I was a guest at her wedding 3 years ago and I remembered how much her and her girls really stood out to me. I just thought the whole wedding party looked fantastic and not overdone, which stuck in my head over the years. This says something coming from someone who attends a lot of weddings and has been a bridesmaid in multiple recent weddings! So when it was my turn, I didn't hesitate to contact my friend to get Demiche's contact info. I am so glad I did. EVERYONE was very happy with how their hair and makeup turned out, including my most picky girls :-). Michelle and Yvonne leave you feeling very beautiful and very natural, the "natural" part being very important to me. If you are considering Demiche, just do it, you will be so glad you did.

Profile Picture User3311525, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Demiche was beyond amazing! I have never felt so beautiful in my life!!! I would recommend them to any one!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 12/6/13, 1 Review