Delightful Catering, Inc. Reviews

30 | Savannah, GA

30 Reviews for Delightful Catering, Inc.

Delightful Catering, Inc. 1
Delightful Catering, Inc. 2
Delightful Catering, Inc. 3
Delightful Catering, Inc. 4
Delightful Catering, Inc. 5
  • PartyDownSoutherland

Sarah · Married on 03/23/2019

Amazing Service and Food!

We were recommended to Delightful after a friend's wedding, and I'm so glad it's the decision we made! Yvonne was incredible to work with. I changed my mind quite a few times, had guests changing their minds, had my mother-in-law insisting on a few things. Yvonne didn't even hesitate with any of it, she just made my vision work! They charge the same price for passed hors d'oeuvres for cocktail hour as they do plated, and I'm SO happy for this. We were on a tighter budget, so we wanted the cheapest option, but it honestly gave our cocktail hour such a nice vibe to have them passed. Apparently my nephew was chasing the people with the buffalo chicken wontons to get more because they were so delicious! The serves also made sure to come over to the wedding party during pictures to offer food, which was excellent for a hungry bride! The buffet was set up beautifully, as were the plate presentations at the tables. The food was delicious (trust me and get the mac and cheese!), and both Yvonne and her husband came up to us to give us hugs and congratulate us. We got our plates first, actually got to eat, and LOVED it. Getting glowing reviews from our guests, too! On top of all of this, Delightful is extremely budget friendly, but your guests will never know because the food is so good!

Sent on 03/25/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/09/2019

Great service and food!

Yvonne and her team were so amazing! She was so patient with all our questions and decision-making and helpful navigating through the process of selecting a menu. Our wedding featured their buffet, and all of our guests raved about the food! Yvonne and her team were very professional and helpful during the reception and kept the food coming! We made a great decision with Delightful Catering!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Leslie · Married on 03/25/2018

Mine was a destination wedding so I did everything off referrals on the internet and interviewing vendors. Yvonne and her crew at Delightful Catering did not disappoint! We had the Low Country Broil and Chicken with a few appetizers...they were amazing! Her staff was wonderful and all went smoothly. Her prices were beyond reasonable and couldn't have asked for a smoother wedding day! Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Maureen · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Yvonne and her team at Delightful Catering was a truly great experience during our wedding planning. Yvonne was wonderful to work with leading up to the wedding. With her help we were able to select a menu that was perfect for our guests as well as our budget.

We were extremely happy with the food and received many compliments about it (especially the crab cake appetizer!) The table settings were beautiful, as was the buffet setup. Her staff was very friendly and professional, and she was there the night of the wedding to ensure the evening was perfect. We couldn’t have been more pleased with Yvonne’s services and highly recommend her!

Maureen and Daniel

Delightful Catering, Inc. 9
    Delightful Catering, Inc. 10
  • EVYAN

EVYAN · Married on 09/17/2017

The food was very good. the service was great and I would use them again

Sent on 10/02/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/02/2016

Where do I even begin with Yvonne and Delightful Catering?!
    First, let me say that Yvonne is AMAZING! I emailed her with millions of questions throughout the entire process, and she was always quick to respond. On the actual wedding day, Yvonne came a personal congratulated Josh and me when we finished our toasts and asked what we wanted to drink. For the caterer director, she sure was hands on. I can't say enough about how wonderful Yvonne is and we are so grateful that she helped make our day so special.
    Then, there's her wait staff. Constantly walking around serving drinks, collecting plates, and making sure everything was okay. So wonderful! We actually used one of her wait staff, Janice, as our bartender. She was absolutely amazing as well. Great people make for a great evening.
    Lastly, for the price that we paid, the food was DELICIOUS! We are a week past the wedding at this point and we are still getting comments about how great the food was. Our wedding coordinator even said it was the best wedding food she has had in her 25 years of wedding planning.
    Overall, Delightful Catering was just that, DELIGHTFUL!!!

Sent on 10/09/2016

Morgan · Married on 07/03/2016

Delightful Catering did an AMAZING job with the food at our wedding. Several Guests have commented that the shrimp and grits were some of the best they have had. Not only that, but this husband-wife duo are amazing to work with and made us feel very comfortable on our wedding day. They even made us a special plate of appetizers while we were taking pictures after the wedding so that we didn't go hungry!

We were able to do a taste test at their home and were impressed with their food and kindness. However, the food at our wedding was even better than what we tasted previously. You could tell the BBQ had been smoked all day long, the shrimp and grits were noteworthy, and everything in between was well executed.

Highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/17/2016
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 01/16/2016

One of our goals for our wedding was to have really. good. food. I had previously booked my wedding reception at a restaurant, but when our guest list grew beyond the restaurant's capacity I had to switch locations. My new venue gave me Yvonne's number at Delightful Catering, and, just two months before my wedding date, they made everything come together. Delightful catering catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and both meals were FABULOUS! For the rehearsal, we ordered meatballs w/ pasta, salad, potatoes au gratin, ratatouille, and cheesecake bites, then for the reception we ordered shrimp & grits, sliced BBQ pork, chicken & sausage gumbo, broccoli au gratin, salad, grilled veggies, and mashed potatoes. Everything was seriously AMAZING--I am still having guests say that this was the best wedding food they've ever had. The staff were all extremely friendly and professional. Yvonne also helped me book my bartenders, which was a big help! Thank you, Delightful Catering, for being such a great addition to our wedding!

Sent on 01/22/2016

Planning a destination wedding is not easy, but if you're getting married in the Savannah area, choose Delightful Catering. From the day we met Yvonne and Alex, we knew that the food would be perfect. They were very down to earth and welcoming. Yvonne worked with us throughout the entire process and was quick to respond to any questions. Alex and his team did a great job of setting up the buffet at the reception. The fried chicken is AMAZING! The team was very courteous, friendly and professional. Our guests continue to rave about the delicious food at our wedding.

Sent on 11/14/2015

Christal · Married on 10/11/2015

Yvonne is awesome. If you're looking for a wedding caterer in the area, go with Yvonne! We booked her for our Tybee Island Wedding Chapel wedding and pleased is an understatement. Our buffet was salad, BBQ, Rolls, Corn and Mac and Cheese. So happy! Yvonne made a casual meal beautiful. So thankful for her flexibility from miles and miles away. Definitely check out Delightful Catering. AMAZING prices, AMAZING service, and AMAZING product. Yum!

Sent on 10/19/2015

Regina Daughdrill · Married on 10/10/2015

We got married at Tybee Wedding Chapel in October and we were so pleased with Yvonne. Planning our wedding from overseas, Yvonne guided us and made our day perfect. Our friends and family from Norway got to taste Seafood Jambalaya!
    I would recommend Delightful Catering with Yvonne!
    Great food, great price, great service!
    Thank you, Yvonne!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Mark · Married on 05/17/2015

From beginning to end, Yvonne at Delightful Catering was wonderful to work with. She was concerned about making everything just right. People are still talking about how great the food was weeks after the wedding. The service staff was very friendly and went above and beyond for our event. I would not hesitate to use them again.

Sent on 06/09/2015

We recently had our wedding on Tybee Island, GA. This was a destination wedding for us and I must say that the food (not having had opportunity to pre-taste it) was WONDERFUL! Yvonne and her team did an excellent job. The presentation was wonderful, the wait staff was courteous and the food even better. All went GREAT, would definitely recommend. Great value and great price! Thanks

Sent on 04/29/2015

Ashley · Married on 04/04/2015

Best caterer we could've chosen for our wedding! Low country boil, chicken, red rice, salad and rolls were amazimg!!! All the guests were satisfied and enjoyed the meal very much! Owners and staff are extremely helpful and kind! For the price, quantity of food and quality of service they are the absolute best in Savannah!

Sent on 04/13/2015

Kayla · Married on 02/14/2015

Hands down Best wedding food I've ever had!! Such nice people to work with, Yvonne was so helpful in helping us decide on food. With living out of state they made everything so easy for us & always getting back to us quickly. Our friends & family are still talking about how the teriyaki salmon is by far the best salmon they ever had & the beef tenderloin was mouth watering!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Yvonne and her husband were very easy to work with. They had the BEST food, and it was well in our budget compared to other companies I looked into. She was very responsive and even cooked the entire meal for us to taste several months before our big day. Everyone loved the food, and the service was great - they brought a whole team with them and bartenders. I would highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/03/2014

Yvonne and get team were wonderful and the food was delicious!

Sent on 05/19/2014

alex · Married on 11/26/2013

Living out of state, it was difficult for me to find a caterer for my wedding. Luckily, Delightful Catering was very flexible with their planning and communication -- we worked everything out regarding our wedding reception through email.

I was a little bit worried going into the reception, just because I had never gotten a chance to properly meet anyone from Delightful Catering. I had absolutely nothing to worry about -- Alex, Yvonne, and crew set up as if everything was expertly coordinated before hand. I can't speak highly enough about how professional and efficient they were! My wife and I planned our wedding day ourselves, so we were under a lot of stress, but Delightful Catering let us enjoy the wedding reception with absolutely no stress. They were highly independent -- we were in the hands of professionals.

As for the food, we selected mostly dessert-related foods, and our guests absolutely loved them. We had a chocolate fountain that was a lot of fun (and tasty!), but the petite fours were incredible! Delightful Catering's services were well worth the money -- the food, the service, and the flexibility are top-notch. I'd recommend Delightful Catering to anyone.

Sent on 12/10/2013

Brittain · Married on 07/18/2013

Wonderful food, wonderful staff! I was so happy with how the food for my wedding turned out. My guests loved it and there was so many choices of food to choose from. She even put together a mash potato bar for me which was a huge hit!

Sent on 07/19/2013

Carla · Married on 07/03/2013

We ordered the Savannah Package for 20 guests from Delightful Catering's small gathering packages menu, the perfect solution for our small reception. Everything was great, food was delicious, and plentiful, perfectly displayed, delivered and set-up on time. Couldn't be happier!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Kathy · Married on 04/07/2013

I highly recommend Delightful Catering. The food and service was fabulous and it was a pleasure to work with Yvonne.

I had to plan and arrange my whole Wedding from California. Since both of our families and friends live all over the States and would have to travel where ever our ceremony is, we decided to have the wedding at my aunts house near Savannah, GA. I found Delightful Catering on the internet and from the beginning Yvonne answered all e-mails promptly and always was very helpful. She gave me some great websites for favors, decoration , linens, etc. We wanted our decor to be "Elegant Country", but not the food. We deciced on the herb roasted chicken and teriyaki glazed salmon, which were the best ever! Also as an appetizer we had the Chicken and Peach Wontons, absolutely delicious. Everybody loved everything, food, staff, and service. I know, that my aunt already hired Delightful Catering for her Christmas Party and I wish they could come to California to cater our company events.

Sent on 05/06/2013

Yvonne was a fantastic caterer. She met with me multiple times and was very easy to get in touch with. She let us pick out some options for a tasting and everything was delicious. The day of we had many complements that our food was great! I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 12/15/2012

Jessica · Married on 09/03/2012

Delightful Catering is such a wonderful catering business. Yvonne is professional, knowledgeable about what guests would want, detailed orientated, and wonderful to work with. The food at our wedding was delish and our guests (and us) were very, very pleased with the service we received. If you want a wonderful cater, you want Delightful Catering!

Sent on 09/17/2012
  • F

Becky · Married on 06/09/2012

My family cannot say enough about Yvonne and Alex from Delightful Catering. I was a destination Bride and I knew from a few e-mail exchanges and phone conversations that Delightful Catering was a vendor I wanted to work with. We had a privilege of going down to Savannah to attend a tasting. Yvonne had a a beautiful spread of delicious food for us to try...my new husband still raves about the Herb Roasted Chicken and the Bourjin cheese for the roasted red potatoes. Usually wedding food is...wedding food. But our food was absolutely delicious and I saw many guests go back up for more with smiles on their faces. She made the whole process very easy by being responsive, organized, and giving us thoughtful suggestions. We really enjoyed working them because of the fantastic service they provided us. I have over 100 e-mail exchanges with Yvonne, so by the wedding day we were almost like good friends! She is so sweet. It was great to hear everyone's compliments from our wedding, even the most picky of our guests were raving about the food. We had a wedding buffet and her displays were beautiful and elegant. I thought I sit down dinner would have been nice, but I am happy we went with the buffet. People can pick what they wanted and it was so beautiful it only added to the event. Just in case you would like to know here is what we had: Hors d'oeuvres - crab cakes, stuffed mushrooms and bruschetta. Dinner Buffet - spring salad, roasted vegetables, red roasted potatoes, macaroni and cheese, herb roasted chicken,and beef tenderloin.

It is my pleasure to rate Delightful catering as a 5! They are wonderful.

Sent on 07/01/2012