Delicately Sweet Confections Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Ashe
    Ashe B. Married on 09/02/2021

Best Cake Ever, Not Exaggerating

I contacted Johanna about a micro wedding I was having and she was very prompt in responding. We're from Texas and decided to have our wedding in the woods up there so we never got to taste test, so I was a bit nervous planning everything from afar. However, SO worth. She really took the time to look at and discuss what I wanted and what would work and look good, as well as flavors. Day of, I was in glee to see it was EXACTLY the cake I wanted and asked for.

No joke, that's the BEST cake I've EVER had in my life. I'm not exaggerating when I say that. Cake if my favorite dessert and even my husband and family who aren't as into cake were raving about it, still are. I got the Mocha espresso cake with salted caramel...and it was so moist and smooth. Not overly sweet like you get sometimes but just perfect. We couldn't get enough. Hands down one of my favorite vendors we had and I'd love to order more from her if I ever got the chance. I'd order every cake for everything, from her if I could. I don't have the photographers pics back yet so these pics won't do it the full justice, I'll update when I get those in.

Seriously, hire her. Look and cake were so flawlessly executed, you won't regret it. She's also so amazing to work with. Can't thank her enough!
    Margaux H. Married on 07/03/2021

Such a great company to work with

Johanna was great to work with! She remained in constant communication with me and made sure every detail was covered long before the wedding date. As well as this, her cakes look and taste absolutely amazing. I definitely recommend trying one of her sample boxes as all of her cake flavor and frosting flavor combinations are excellent! I received a lot of positive feedback from my wedding guests about the cake.
  • Tiffany
    Tiffany S. Married on 10/10/2020

So Delicous!

Living across the country Johanna was so easy to work with and communicate with. She made me the most beautiful cake for our elopement. Not to mention how amazing it tasted! So beyond AMAZING! I would order from her over and over again!!
    Aubree T. Married on 08/22/2020

Stunning Wedding Cake!

Johanna is absolutely fantastic! She is an incredibly talented baker, always professional, and was a complete joy to work with! It only took us a couple bites to decide to move forward with her for our wedding cake. Her flavors are unique and incredibly tasty. As someone with a sweet tooth, I can say confidently that she is one of the best in Seattle! Not only is she talented in the kitchen, but she is also extremely creative. She has an eye for beautiful and distinctive designs. Our wedding cake turned out even more stunning than we imagined and our guests loved the flavors! We enjoyed working with her so much for our wedding, that we've returned to her multiple times for birthday cakes and sweet boxes too. We cannot recommend Johanna and Delicately Sweet Confections enough to future couples! You won't be disappointed!
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 03/05/2020

Amazing Wedding Dessert Buffet

We decided we wanted to have a dessert buffet and a small wedding cake for the bridal party instead of trying to get a large cake to feed everyone. Boy did Delicately Sweet Confections deliver! Johanna made a suite of desserts that were all color coordinated with our wedding colors (she even did a blue gradient on our macaroons

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Emily, thank you. It was truly an honor to help you both celebrate your beautiful day and your first year anniversary!
  • Angela
    Angela E. Married on 10/19/2019

Amazingly perfect! Highly recommend.

The cake of my dreams! Johanna is professional and so responsive. The cake was delivered on time and as delicious as it was beautiful.
  • Jade
    Jade Married on 12/01/2018

Best. Cake. Ever.

Our experience with Delicately Sweet Confections made us so happy! We had a made to order, incredible cake that I am still dreaming of.
  • Kristin
    Kristin Married on 09/29/2018

Amazingly beautiful and tasty cakes

We had a great experience with Delicately sweet for our wedding in September. We had found a picture of one of Joanne’s cakes in Seattle bride magazine and met with her. We were sold after the tasting and finding our you could also serve mini pie...my husband and family love pies. It was really important to him to have a fun cake that matches our theme, and she did a great job of working with him on a beautiful design. It all turned out perfectly.
  • Bryndis
    Bryndis Married on 08/19/2018
    Johanna created such beautiful desserts and cake for our wedding, we couldn't have been happier! Our cake was a two-tier, 6' on top of a 10', chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and a slight naked look. It was SO beautiful. I can say the cake was absolutely delicious and so moist and flavorful. We also got 7 dozen mini desserts to go with the cake, including lemon bars, macarons, chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate mousse cups. All of the mini desserts were swept up by the guests and we didn't get to try any, but we heard nothing but compliments.

Communication with Johanna was always prompt, and she was super patient and helpful while we were very indecisive about what we wanted. We would highly recommend having her deliver her sweets and cake, we loved not having to worry about anything. She got the table all set up and worked with our florist to have some blooms placed on the cake. Overall just an amazing experience and we would highly recommend Johanna.

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you Bryndis for your kind words. We loved working with you both and so happy that you and your guests loved the dessert table.
    Bree Married on 08/18/2018

Best gluten free wedding cake!

While planning for the wedding we tasted 8-10 different gluten free wedding cakes and this was by FAR our favorite! We were able to customize our order down to the layers and creams between! We absolutely loved our wedding cake, the night of the wedding and the following few days.

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Bree, I am so pleased to hear this! I'm so glad you both enjoyed your cutting cake. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day.
    Tori Married on 07/21/2018
    Johanna made the cake and cupcakes for my wedding on July 21st, 2018. She was a joy to work with throughout the process! The tasting was a lot of fun and communication with her was easy. The cake and cupcakes turned out exactly as we wanted and were delicious!

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you, Tori! I am so glad you both enjoyed everything. Thank you for choosing DSC to be a part of your special day!
    Jean M. Married on 07/14/2018
    Johanna is wonderful! Our cake was both beautiful and delicious. We plan to go back each year for our anniversary and request a small cake to commemorate the original! :)
    Marian D. Married on 07/14/2018

Johanna was great to work with!

It has taken a long time to write this review because I was over everything that had to do with my wedding. But now that it's been a couple of years, I can finally write my reviews with fresh eyes.
    Looking back, Johanna was great to work with when deciding on what kind of cake we wanted for the wedding. Johanna was easy to communicate with either via email or text. And when we met her for the cake tasting, she was very warm and friendly. For the design of the cake, I emailed her several photos of what I was looking for and she hit it out of the park. I wanted a simple 3 tier, ombre white to blush with flowers on it and she did that and more! Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but it tasted amazing! We had different flavors for all three tiers and our guests loved what every flavor they happened to get a slice of. We also froze our top tier to cut for our wedding anniversary and the cake still tasted amazing after we defrosted it.
    Johanna couldn't come recommended enough! She was professional and sweet.

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you so much, Marian! We are so glad you enjoyed the cake as well as your guests. Thank you for taking the time to share. It was an honor to be a part of your special day!
  • O
    Olga Married on 06/17/2017
    Johanna was such a joy to work with! She made our wedding cake and a variety of desserts and we got tons of compliments, especially on the delicious bundt cakes.

Johanna's options are plentiful and she is flexible. She requested that I have a decision on what I wanted a month before the wedding, and I literally changed my mind the day it was due and it was no problem for her. Additionally, her set up presentation is lovely.

She made for us: our wedding cake (lemon cake with blackberry inner icing and buttercream outer icing), mini blueberry and raspberry bundt cakes, cream puffs, merengue's, and 2 different flavors of macarons which she and my wedding planner, Julia Pavlovski of Wedding Wise Seattle, boxed up all pretty together the night before out big day.

The only thing I wish had been different is me being able to have more than one bite of cake and one merengue! But life just isn't always fair for a bride. *sigh*
    Rachel Married on 07/29/2016
    It was such a pleasure to work with Johanna! She accommodated all of our needs and even our wants! She did great with last minute adjustments and put together a STUNNING table at our wedding. I couldn't recommend her more!

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel for having us be a part of your special day! We loved creating the cupcake display for you!
    Corey Married on 05/21/2016
    Everyone loved our wedding cake! We ordered a two tier wedding cake, with snickerdoodle, salted caramel filling and vanilla buttercream as the top tier, and chocolate with espresso buttercream for the bottom. Drooling yet? You should be, because this cake was one of the best I've ever eaten! We also got a grooms cake in hummingbird, which is like a pineapplely carrot cake, with the vanilla buttercream. The flavors were top notch, and we received nothing but compliments on how good our cake tasted!

The cakes were both also beautiful. I wanted something simple and elegant, and Johanna delivered. Our cakes were swirled buttercream, and looked like they came out of a magazine. They didn't need anything added to make them look good!

To top it all off, Johanna was very responsive to our budgeting needs. We were doing a very DIY wedding, so keeping costs down was really important to us. Johanna was there to help guide us on an appropriate cake size, as well as other options to help keep us in budget while still getting the full cake experience. Now everyone is talking about how our future cakes need to come from Delicately Sweet Confections. One of my new brother-in-laws is a chef, and I think he'd love a birthday cake from here!
    Nicole Married on 12/12/2015
    Johanna was great for our wedding! We had decided pretty late in the game on our desserts (~3-4 weeks before) and she came through and was able to make great. She did our cake (gluten free without an exorbitant markup) and a range of different flavored cupcakes. My husband wanted to have a new recipe that she didn't have on her price list and she was able to make that as well (bacon maple pancake) and it was so good! Her gluten free stuff tastes phenomenal and the cupcakes were a big hit (both the glutoid and gluten free ones).
  • User2566661 2+ years ago
    Johanna did the cupcakes for our wedding and did an amazing job! From the initial tasting to the day of the event, she was helpful, professional and very organized. She had great suggestions on quantity to order, how to display and she even made gluten free cupcakes for some of our guests with dietary restrictions. The cupcake display tower with a small cake on top was beautiful and she even made a sign listing the cupcake flavors. All were delicious!
    John Married on 04/25/2015
    Do you want to eat delicious and different things ??? cool contact with them !!! they are perfect !
    Larisa Married on 07/22/2017
    OMG, the cake! Our wedding guests (and us) loved it and wouldn't stop talking about it! I was lucky enough to have a piece saved for my breakfast the next morning. The best breakfast ever. :)

Working with Johanna for our wedding was a pleasure. She responds promptly over email and communicates well. Payment was very easy and done online. I follow her Instagram and asked her to recreate a design in our wedding color, which she did beautifully. Her cake designs are really pretty, plus she also makes other smaller desserts in lieu of cake.

Our cake and frosting tasting was so fun---we went in thinking we would get chocolate cake, but were blown away by the snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon frosting---you have to get it! We loved it so much that I plan to order it again for a birthday.
    Jamie Married on 10/01/2016
    My cake was gorgeous and delicious!! Also I loved the unique flavor choices offered she has.

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you, Jamie. And thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so glad you chose DSC for you event.
  • Colette
    Colette (. Married on 09/26/2020

My go to local baker!

Johanna does a wonderful job with any and all sweet requests. Over the past couple years I've ordered holiday desserts, cookies, a special cake and most recently custom cookies for our (yet again rescheduled) wedding. She even individually wrapped each one for our guest"s safety. Thank you for adding a cute and custom cookie option to our DIY small backyard wedding!
    Ellie Married on 08/23/2018
    I hired Johanna to make my daughter's customized wedding cake. She requires a $100 deposit. I had the understanding that the remaining balance is due 1 week from the event date. Two weeks before the wedding I received a invoice cancellation via email without any warning. I called Johanna immediately receiving the cancellation email, no answer. Johanna said she requires the full payment 1 month before the event. This wasn't told to me. She has no heart and I feel she might be bi-polar. She kept my $100 deposit when it was said on her contract she would refund my deposit if SHE cancelled the order. JOHANNA IS NOT DEPENDABLE and beware of hiring her for your event, she isn't stable and she will leave you hanging without any notice. Very sad JOHANNA isn't professional. VERY HEARTLESS PERSON!!!!

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

It is unfortunate that this was your experience with DSC. In our contracts, it states that 'your order becomes reserved only when the cake contract is drawn up, signed and a $100 booking retainer is received'. It also states the date when your payment is due. We reached out to you multiple times leading up to the due date and within the two weeks after, via phone and email to notify you to sign your contract and to receive payment and did not hear back on those attempts. Your contract was not signed, therefore we did not have a binding agreement. Since there was no communication from you, your order was cancelled. We value each of our clients and make it top priority to be clear with our communication and contracts.