Delicately Sweet Confections Reviews

Delicately Sweet Confections 7
  • Emily

Emily Safer Uslan · Getting married on 03/05/2020

Amazing Wedding Dessert Buffet

We decided we wanted to have a dessert buffet and a small wedding cake for the bridal party instead of trying to get a large cake to feed everyone. Boy did Delicately Sweet Confections deliver! Johanna made a suite of desserts that were all color coordinated with our wedding colors (she even did a blue gradient on our macaroons

Sent on 05/03/2019
    Delicately Sweet Confections 8

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Emily, thank you. It was truly an honor to help you both celebrate your beautiful day and your first year anniversary!
  • Jade

Jade · Married on 12/01/2018

Best. Cake. Ever.

Our experience with Delicately Sweet Confections made us so happy! We had a made to order, incredible cake that I am still dreaming of.

Sent on 01/30/2019
    Delicately Sweet Confections 9
    Delicately Sweet Confections 10
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 09/29/2018

Amazingly beautiful and tasty cakes

We had a great experience with Delicately sweet for our wedding in September. We had found a picture of one of Joanne’s cakes in Seattle bride magazine and met with her. We were sold after the tasting and finding our you could also serve mini pie...my husband and family love pies. It was really important to him to have a fun cake that matches our theme, and she did a great job of working with him on a beautiful design. It all turned out perfectly.

Sent on 01/08/2019
    Delicately Sweet Confections 11
    Delicately Sweet Confections 12
  • Bryndis

Bryndis · Married on 08/19/2018

Johanna created such beautiful desserts and cake for our wedding, we couldn't have been happier! Our cake was a two-tier, 6' on top of a 10', chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting and a slight naked look. It was SO beautiful. I can say the cake was absolutely delicious and so moist and flavorful. We also got 7 dozen mini desserts to go with the cake, including lemon bars, macarons, chocolate covered strawberries, and chocolate mousse cups. All of the mini desserts were swept up by the guests and we didn't get to try any, but we heard nothing but compliments.

Communication with Johanna was always prompt, and she was super patient and helpful while we were very indecisive about what we wanted. We would highly recommend having her deliver her sweets and cake, we loved not having to worry about anything. She got the table all set up and worked with our florist to have some blooms placed on the cake. Overall just an amazing experience and we would highly recommend Johanna.

Sent on 09/08/2018
    Delicately Sweet Confections 13
    Delicately Sweet Confections 14
    Delicately Sweet Confections 15
    Delicately Sweet Confections 16

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you Bryndis for your kind words. We loved working with you both and so happy that you and your guests loved the dessert table.

Bree · Married on 08/18/2018

Best gluten free wedding cake!

While planning for the wedding we tasted 8-10 different gluten free wedding cakes and this was by FAR our favorite! We were able to customize our order down to the layers and creams between! We absolutely loved our wedding cake, the night of the wedding and the following few days.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Bree, I am so pleased to hear this! I'm so glad you both enjoyed your cutting cake. Thank you for choosing us to be a part of your special day.

Tori · Married on 07/21/2018

Johanna made the cake and cupcakes for my wedding on July 21st, 2018. She was a joy to work with throughout the process! The tasting was a lot of fun and communication with her was easy. The cake and cupcakes turned out exactly as we wanted and were delicious!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you, Tori! I am so glad you both enjoyed everything. Thank you for choosing DSC to be a part of your special day!

Jean Marie · Married on 07/14/2018

Johanna is wonderful! Our cake was both beautiful and delicious. We plan to go back each year for our anniversary and request a small cake to commemorate the original! :)

Sent on 07/26/2018
  • O

Olga · Married on 06/17/2017

Johanna was such a joy to work with! She made our wedding cake and a variety of desserts and we got tons of compliments, especially on the delicious bundt cakes.

Johanna's options are plentiful and she is flexible. She requested that I have a decision on what I wanted a month before the wedding, and I literally changed my mind the day it was due and it was no problem for her. Additionally, her set up presentation is lovely.

She made for us: our wedding cake (lemon cake with blackberry inner icing and buttercream outer icing), mini blueberry and raspberry bundt cakes, cream puffs, merengue's, and 2 different flavors of macarons which she and my wedding planner, Julia Pavlovski of Wedding Wise Seattle, boxed up all pretty together the night before out big day.

The only thing I wish had been different is me being able to have more than one bite of cake and one merengue! But life just isn't always fair for a bride. *sigh*

Sent on 08/24/2017

Rachel · Married on 07/29/2016

It was such a pleasure to work with Johanna! She accommodated all of our needs and even our wants! She did great with last minute adjustments and put together a STUNNING table at our wedding. I couldn't recommend her more!

Sent on 08/24/2016

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you so much, Rachel for having us be a part of your special day! We loved creating the cupcake display for you!

Corey · Married on 05/21/2016

Everyone loved our wedding cake! We ordered a two tier wedding cake, with snickerdoodle, salted caramel filling and vanilla buttercream as the top tier, and chocolate with espresso buttercream for the bottom. Drooling yet? You should be, because this cake was one of the best I've ever eaten! We also got a grooms cake in hummingbird, which is like a pineapplely carrot cake, with the vanilla buttercream. The flavors were top notch, and we received nothing but compliments on how good our cake tasted!

The cakes were both also beautiful. I wanted something simple and elegant, and Johanna delivered. Our cakes were swirled buttercream, and looked like they came out of a magazine. They didn't need anything added to make them look good!

To top it all off, Johanna was very responsive to our budgeting needs. We were doing a very DIY wedding, so keeping costs down was really important to us. Johanna was there to help guide us on an appropriate cake size, as well as other options to help keep us in budget while still getting the full cake experience. Now everyone is talking about how our future cakes need to come from Delicately Sweet Confections. One of my new brother-in-laws is a chef, and I think he'd love a birthday cake from here!

Sent on 05/26/2016

Nicole · Married on 12/12/2015

Johanna was great for our wedding! We had decided pretty late in the game on our desserts (~3-4 weeks before) and she came through and was able to make great. She did our cake (gluten free without an exorbitant markup) and a range of different flavored cupcakes. My husband wanted to have a new recipe that she didn't have on her price list and she was able to make that as well (bacon maple pancake) and it was so good! Her gluten free stuff tastes phenomenal and the cupcakes were a big hit (both the glutoid and gluten free ones).

Sent on 03/25/2016

Johanna did the cupcakes for our wedding and did an amazing job! From the initial tasting to the day of the event, she was helpful, professional and very organized. She had great suggestions on quantity to order, how to display and she even made gluten free cupcakes for some of our guests with dietary restrictions. The cupcake display tower with a small cake on top was beautiful and she even made a sign listing the cupcake flavors. All were delicious!

Sent on 04/01/2016

John · Married on 04/25/2015

Do you want to eat delicious and different things ??? cool contact with them !!! they are perfect !

Sent on 05/28/2016

Larisa · Married on 07/22/2017

OMG, the cake! Our wedding guests (and us) loved it and wouldn't stop talking about it! I was lucky enough to have a piece saved for my breakfast the next morning. The best breakfast ever. :)

Working with Johanna for our wedding was a pleasure. She responds promptly over email and communicates well. Payment was very easy and done online. I follow her Instagram and asked her to recreate a design in our wedding color, which she did beautifully. Her cake designs are really pretty, plus she also makes other smaller desserts in lieu of cake.

Our cake and frosting tasting was so fun---we went in thinking we would get chocolate cake, but were blown away by the snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon frosting---you have to get it! We loved it so much that I plan to order it again for a birthday.

Sent on 07/28/2017

Jamie · Married on 10/01/2016

My cake was gorgeous and delicious!! Also I loved the unique flavor choices offered she has.

Sent on 10/04/2016

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

Thank you, Jamie. And thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are so glad you chose DSC for you event.

Ellie · Married on 08/23/2018

0.4
      0.5

I hired Johanna to make my daughter's customized wedding cake. She requires a $100 deposit. I had the understanding that the remaining balance is due 1 week from the event date. Two weeks before the wedding I received a invoice cancellation via email without any warning. I called Johanna immediately receiving the cancellation email, no answer. Johanna said she requires the full payment 1 month before the event. This wasn't told to me. She has no heart and I feel she might be bi-polar. She kept my $100 deposit when it was said on her contract she would refund my deposit if SHE cancelled the order. JOHANNA IS NOT DEPENDABLE and beware of hiring her for your event, she isn't stable and she will leave you hanging without any notice. Very sad JOHANNA isn't professional. VERY HEARTLESS PERSON!!!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Delicately Sweet Confections's reply:

It is unfortunate that this was your experience with DSC. In our contracts, it states that 'your order becomes reserved only when the cake contract is drawn up, signed and a $100 booking retainer is received'. It also states the date when your payment is due. We reached out to you multiple times leading up to the due date and within the two weeks after, via phone and email to notify you to sign your contract and to receive payment and did not hear back on those attempts. Your contract was not signed, therefore we did not have a binding agreement. Since there was no communication from you, your order was cancelled. We value each of our clients and make it top priority to be clear with our communication and contracts.