Deja Groove Party Band Reviews

26 | Philadelphia, PA

26 Reviews for Deja Groove Party Band

Tara · Married on 04/05/2014

When we saw Cordell & Deja Groove's showcase, we knew they were exactly what we wanted for our big music-themed wedding celebration. We felt the # of pieces in the band for the price was an excellent value. It was important to us that we had a full band with horns to really bring home the full live sound of all the songs performed. Also, keep in mind, I am a professional vocalist and highly critical of most musicians and "wedding bands." As a result of my pro experience, I also knew I was not at all interested in paying the cost for an agency band. Deja Groove was the diamond in the rough of quality big bands that can really hold down r&b/pop/jazz/multi-genre event at the right price. Give them direction on your favorite styles and/or songs because they really can do it all. I must commend them also on the fantastic job of meeting my special request to sing two songs with them backing me, a surprise for my husband-to-be and my family!!!:) The crowd went absolutely wild. I cannot tell you how many of our family members came up to us and asked, "WHERE did you find them?" I said, "Philadelphia, baby! Where else?" LoL

Sent on 06/02/2014

Kristie · event on 10/27/2013

The dance is a crucial part of my organization's conference and the band makes or breaks the experience. Dejagroove exceeded my wildest expectations. I was the conference chair and working with Cordell was by far the easiest part of the entire event. I made several mistakes and changes and he was very prompt, professional, friendly, and flexible in his responses. Also, he very graciously accommodated my opening song request. And, I was very impressed by the attention to the sound dynamics.

Dejagroove is the most talented and energetic band my group has ever hired. I have heard nothing but compliments about the evening. I can't thank the members enough for their wonderful talent and professionalism. I recommend this band WITHOUT RESERVATION and would definitely hire them again.

Sent on 11/03/2013

Kristie · event on 10/27/2013

Exceeded my expectations. Fabulous and funexperience. .

Sent on 11/10/2013
  • User3613401 · event on 10/04/2013

We had a Gala for our local library in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Cordell & DeJa Groove were professional & a great band for our event. They were very kind in working with us on a price because our event was a charitable fundraiser. We received numerous compliments on our choice of band

Ed · Married on 08/10/2013

Cordell and his musicians went above and beyond. Guests stated over and over again "best wedding ever" and much of this was due to the great music and entertainment provided by Cordell. At any time during the reception 80% of the crowd was on the dance floor,

Don · event on 07/06/2013

Deja Groove Party Band is a band you can count on. They have a fantastic range and are always professional. This is the party band for all your needs.

Letitia · Married on 09/29/2012

Cordell and the Deja Groove Party Band are the best. Not only is Cordell the easiest and most laid back vendor, he is absolutely a professional- he knows what he is doing. Deja Groove was willing to learn a number of songs for us for ceremony and reception. They worked with my brother who sang my husband and I a song during the reception, which brought everyone to tears. Our wedding guests were on the dance floor the entire night, they are great! At points I thought we were listening to recordings of the actual songs but then I realized it was Deja Groove, that is how good they are! I highly recommend this band!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Liz · Married on 08/25/2012

Deja Groove did an absolutely amazing performance at our wedding. Everyone is STILL raving about how amazing they were. They REALLY know how to work a room... what a talented group they are :)

Sent on 02/04/2014

Micah · event on 07/20/2012

Great to work with, very professional, responsive and accommodating. Rocking, funky party/dance music.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Christine · event on 06/09/2012

Deja Groove is amazing. They played at our daughter's graduation party. The neighbors are still talking about it.

Samantha · Married on 06/02/2012

We couldn't have been happier with having Deja Groove play at our wedding! From our entrance song until the last song of the night, they had everyone out on the dance floor dancing the night away (looking back, we probably should have gotten a bigger dance floor because the dance floor was overflowing throughout the night with people dancing wherever they could find a space!). Our guests actually begged the band to continue playing at the end of the night with the crowd chanting "One more song!" until Deja Groove started playing again! Aside from the great performance the night of the wedding, we couldn't have asked for a more professional and reliable vendor to work with. From the first time we met with the band for a showcase performance, everyone was so very nice and courteous and really made us feel like our wedding was important to them. Cordell was in touch with us throughout the entire planning process, keeping a detailed log of the day's events to be sure everyone was where they needed to be when the big day finally came. Another point definitely worth mentioning is how great of a job the band did with learning not only our first dance song, but also learning a few other "family favorites" that were important to us to have played that day - the tribute the band did to my mother by playing her favorite song "You Can Call Me Al" will forever be one of the most special moments I have from our wedding day. We still have guests talking about how great the band was and how much fun they had that night. We couldn't have asked for a better night, and a big thank you to the Deja Groove Band for being such a big part of it!

Donna · event on 05/27/2012

Professional and delightful to work with. The event was enhanced greatly.

Tony · Married on 10/09/2011

Cordell

I wanted to drop you a quick note and thank you for the great job you guys did at my daughters wedding. Every
    guest that I have spoken with could not say enough about how great your band was.

Tony Macchia

Sent on 10/14/2013

Jonathan · Married on 10/08/2011

Our wedding was perfect and the icing on the cupcakes was DEJA GROOVE. Just amazingly fun. So professional, so easy to work with and you ROCKED THE HOUSE!! Still singing, "She's a brick...house". THANK YOU! Everyone LOVED the band.

Sent on 10/14/2013

David · Married on 07/30/2011

Cordell and Deja Groove were the hit of our daughter's wedding reception! We really couldn't beleive how good the band sounded and were told by many that they were the best band they had ever heard at a wedding!

Sent on 10/15/2013

Melissa · Married on 05/14/2011

Deja Groove performed at our wedding in May of 2011. Our wedding guests are still talking about them! I danced the whole night and loved every second of their performance! We highly recommend them!

Sara · Married on 09/26/2010

I NEED to thank you so much for making our wedding so much fun! Everyone is still raving about how good Deja Groove was at our wedding and how much fun they had! People I never expected to dance were out on the dance floor having the time of their lives!

I really appreciate all the hard work you all did and thank you for learning our song (Say Hey I Love You-Michael Franti)! Our first dance was amazing and you really did a good job of staying close to the cd version!

Also, thanks for changing things up throughout the night when we realized the time got away from us and we wanted to just dance and forget the rest of the announcements we had planned out!

We are so happy and couldn't be more pleased with hiring you, thank you thank you thank you for making our wedding an unforgettable day!

Mary Jo and Russ · Married on 06/19/2010

Our daughter was married 3 years ago and friends continue to talk about our band, Déjà Groove. What a party and celebration they gave us! People danced until the final note. They were also respectful of the special moments of the evening by supporting bride and groom moments without the band being the spotlight. Their sound is as great as the musicians themselves. We cannot thank them enough for making our wedding fantastic.

Sent on 10/12/2013

We have routinely been complimented for the fantastic wedding band at our wedding. After our initial band canceled on us within three weeks of the wedding (thanks guys) Deja Groove stepped in and totally blew us away. It was literally 96 degrees that day and the entire wedding audience was sweating on the dance floor like it, for lack of a better term, "wain't no thang."

I highly recommend these guys and gals. And I recommend you ask them to play "Rolling on the River." But you might want to wear some knee braces you'll be rocking so hard.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Paul · Married on 03/07/2009

This band was AWESOME! It has been 4.5 years and people still talk about how much fun my wedding was. I owe it to the band (even guests agree with that) . They had everyone that was able to dance on the floor. They interacted well and had great participation from the guests without overdoing it. I HIGHLY recommend Deja Groove.

Sent on 10/25/2013

We had Deja Groove play at our surprise wedding at a barn with 175 guests. They were extremely
    accomodating and professional and most importantly, everyone loved them and danced all night. They learned our wedding song for us and pulled it off amazingly. They're extremely talented and put on a great show. I would highly recommend them!

• W

William · Married on 09/27/2012

Great in all respects made the wedding a very special day

Ashley · Married on 11/20/2010

It will be three years ago next month that we were married and people are still talking about how phenomenal the band was! If you want a fun wedding this is the band for you.

Mary · Married on 08/20/2016

Everyone loved our band and we had a lot of fun dancing that night! There were some songs that we wish they had played but overall, they were fantastic and our guests loved them!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Lisa · Married on 09/06/2014

Deja Groove was awesome. The guests never sat down and danced their hearts out. Truthfullly, they made the reception. The food and everything else hardly mattered. Everyone had a fabulous time! I recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 12/30/2014