Deising's Bakery Reviews

Deising's Bakery 1
Deising's Bakery 2
  • Samantha

Samantha Stoneham · Married on 08/31/2019

Delicious & Beautiful Cakes!

Deisings made us a small cake for our wedding, to serve about 10-12 people because we were having an ice cream bar and wanted a small cake to do the traditional cake cutting. Despite this, they still put an incredible amount of time, energy, and attention into planning and creating the cake that I had envisioned.

I requested a small cake and provided them with a photo of a frosting style that was ruffled from top to bottom around the sides, including ribbon and flowers. They made suggestions on the type of ribbon that I should provide, as well as suggestions regarding the flowers if they were fake because the buttercream frosting would affect the color and appearance of certain fabrics. They also provided me with the dimensions of the cake plate I would need if I wanted to provide one or else it would go on their standard board.

The day before my MOH dropped off the items - velvet ribbon, wood flowers, and our cake topper. They took payment from her ($40) and had no issue.

The cake was BEAUTIFUL!! To no fault of theirs, it slid on the cake plate on the way to the reception, a friend picked up the cake for us and due to traffic and an accident, braking shifted the cake, but no big deal! The "back" of the cake was presented, and the frosting work was so good that you could barely tell the seems or that you were looking at the back of the cake. They placed the flowers and the ribbon flawlessly. They returned what they didn't use in pristine condition.

Unfortunately the cake was so delicious that we ate all of it that weekend and now we don't have a piece for our anniversary... who wants to eat old cake anyways?? We may just go back for our anniversary and order the same cake, take a twist on the tradition.

We had a marble cake with vanilla custard filling and buttercream frosting. I haven't had a cake that tasted that good in a long time. Just the right texture, the right balance between cake and filling/frosting... If you want an awesome cake, Deising's is the place to go. If you're looking to have a piece left for your anniversary... you might want to put someone in charge of that, or order something small that immediately gets put away... if it gets left in your reach I promise you'll end up eating it and leaving nothing left!!

Sent on 09/13/2019
    Deising's Bakery 3

Lydia · Married on 10/13/2018

Wow! Still thinking about our cake

I had a great experience with Deisings. They were reasonable, delicious, lovely. We loved the experience of going for a tasting. The staff was kind, helpful and knowledgeable. While other companies in the area provided cloyingly sweet cakes we found deisings cakes balance and flavorful. We had a lemon raspberry cake with a cream cheese icing and it was phenomenal. All our guests raved.

Sent on 09/03/2019

Ann · Married on 06/09/2018

Ordered our wedding cake with Deising's and it was not a mistake! "The best cake I've ever had" , "I've never had cake so delicious." " It was so beautiful I didn't want to eat it, but I'm glad I did because it was spectacular" are just a few of the many things guests had to say about our cake. There is no way anyone would be disappointed with ordering their wedding cake from Deising's. The staff was easy to work with and helpful.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Emily · Married on 09/24/2017

We ordered our wedding cupcakes here and they were amazing!! My husband has been coming here for years and knew that's where we needed to go to get our cake for the wedding. The service was great and everything was delivered on time and looked wonderful. We got 5 different kinds of cupcakes and each one was amazing. The Carrot cake was my favorite but the Maple was a close second. The decorated them with leaves and acorns too to go with our fall theme. Highly recommend for weddings or even just a treat.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Rosie · Married on 08/20/2016

Amazing!! We couldn't make an appointment for a full cake tasting, so the bakery accommodated us by making finger sized samples for us to pick up with the fillings and frosting we thought we would like. The samples were fresh and delicious!! We decided to go with one of their standard wedding cakes "Buttercream Delight"; Norm worked with us on the type of cake, fillings and size of cake we needed as well as discussing all our options and the other little things you would not normally think about. We also wound up adding cookies to our order. Not only did the cake and cookies look and taste amazing, they were reasonably priced. We will definitely travel to them for cakes in the future.

Sent on 09/20/2016

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2016

Thank you so much to the Deising's team especially Peter! My cake was beautiful exactly what we wanted. Matched the photo provided to the T. Not only was it beautiful it was delicious and super affordable. Anyone having a wedding in the area should definitely check them out!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Sarah · Married on 07/09/2016

Many people told me while planning my wedding that no one ever eats the wedding cake. Well, that definitely did not prove true at my wedding! Deisings provided us with not only beautiful but delicious wedding cake that I received so many compliments about! I am still hearing about how delicious the cake was and I couldn't agree more! My consultation was quick and so easy and my husband loved eating the samples! I chose 4 different flavor combos for my cake so everyone would enjoy! Deisings was extremely accommodating and very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Deisings Bakery if you are looking for an amazing cake on your special day!

Sent on 09/09/2016
  • Morgan & Clinton

Morgan · Married on 09/12/2015

Thank you Peter and the Deising's team! We were so so happy with our wedding cake, and for your impeccable service! I live about an hour from the venue, and Peter was willing to work with me by phone and email to ensure our cake was perfect! I am very last minute, and did not book until a couple weeks before the wedding, but could not have been happier with our choice! The cake looked exactly like the picture I provided, they did an amazing job! I would highly recommend Deising's to any couple looking for the perfect and affordable wedding cake!!

Sent on 09/29/2015

Jillian · Married on 07/11/2015

Deisings was an absolute awesome vendor to work with. My fiance and I went for a tasting session with Norman the owner. We sampled some cakes and literally everything was delicious. I brought photos of what I wanted and Norman had no issues replicating it exactly. One thing I was blown away by was how accurately they made the cake look like the photo when I sent them flowers, pinecones, etc. I bought the fake flowers myself and brought them to Desiings and the end result was phenomenal!! Everyone loved the desserts, we also ordered cupcakes and an assortment of italian pastries. Everything was just over 600 dollars, including travel! I was pretty amazed at the price. These people really know what they are doing I highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/21/2015

Caroline · Married on 09/27/2014

Loved my wedding cake! Deising's was very flexible and took my order at short notice. They were very professional, and everyone loved the cake! It was beautiful -- they did a lovely job arranging the fresh flowers, and they made the cake exactly what I asked for. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Melanie · event on 07/13/2014

All I can say is "WOW!" At my recent surprise baby shower, I was presented with a THREE-TIERED hot-pink frosted, chocolate cake, with raspberry & chocolate mousse filling that is still being talked about, 2 days later. It was not only beautiful but so delicious. Deising's custom made the cake as per my Mom's specifications including everything I loved. The staff completely met every request and expectation. It was beyond delicious! It served over 50 people and I believe everyone took photos of it.

Sent on 07/15/2014

Martha · Married on 10/05/2013

My cake was absolutely wonderful and beyond expected. Moist, delicious, beautiful and delivered on time! Thank you!

Sent on 12/14/2013

Norman did my wedding cake. I showed him a picture and he made exactly the same. Their cannoli cream us amazing. I was very happy with how the cake came out. Loved it. I wish though it would have been a little bit cheaper.

Sent on 11/01/2013

Andrea · Married on 10/27/2012

Deisings made the most delicious cake for our wedding. When we met with Norm to go over the details, he was so nice and accommodating, it put us right at ease. The cake looked absolutely beautiful and everyone raved about how good it was. We also had Deisings provide some pastries which were just as delicious. I would highly recommend this bakery to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2012

We got cupcakes for our wedding dessert with a 6" cake for us. Everything was delicious and they matched the frosting colors to our wedding colors perfectly. There are so many different flavor combinations which you get to sample at the tasting it's hard to pick!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Julie · Married on 09/17/2011

The cake was beautiful!! And all the different fillings we added, I knew everyone at the wedding would find a flavor combination they would love!!! My favorite has to be chocolate cake with a peanut butter mousse with TCBY chunks in it!!! Amazing and beautiful!! Thanks!!!

Sent on 12/08/2011

Catherine · Married on 09/25/2010

Eric from deisings was great he sat with me and worked around my budget for the cake. The cake was beautiful and tasted great, was just what i wanted and looked perfect just like the picture i showed him

Sent on 09/29/2010

Noelle · Married on 10/04/2009

Our cake from Deising's was delicious! And beautiful! We were able to show them pictures of our ideas and worked with the bakers to include our own ribbons and design.

Sent on 10/20/2009

Summer · Married on 09/06/2008

The quality of the cake at Deising's bakery will literally blow your mind. They were so accommodating and friendly, and our cake was BEAUTIFUL! Great prices for the quality too.

Sent on 10/03/2008

Natasha · Married on 09/12/2015

I absolutely loved the cake created by Erik and his family. The flavor was so fresh and delicious I couldn't get enough and neither could our guests! The design was perfect and it was from an image I sent from pinterest! Our cake was a 4 tier vanilla with raspberry and cannolli creme

Sent on 10/05/2015

Deising's was GREAT. We got our wedding cake, petit fours, and rainbow/marzipan cakes from them. We also special ordered French Macarons from them - while it's not something they normally sell, they were able to make them for us and they were absolutely delicious. Eric Deising was wonderful to work with, everything was very easy and hassle free and we did not worry about anything. The great thing about Deisings is that they have a restaurant and bakery, so it's very easy to go and sample their wares. We were really thrilled with the quality of all of the desserts, and my only regret is that I did not order more!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Amber · Married on 10/08/2011

Our cake, cupcakes and pies were cute and delicious.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Kris · Married on 10/02/2010

We had three cakes, our formal cake, a sheet cake and a grooms cake. Norm did an excellent job. All three cakes came out wonderful. I brought in pictures when we went for our tasting and our cakes looked exactly like the pictures!! They tasted amazing too- will definatly be going back there for future cakes!

Sent on 11/21/2010

Kristine · Married on 05/02/2009

The cake was beautiful and arrived on time. The guests all loved the taste of the cake as well as the detail. The service was amazing.

Sent on 05/26/2009

Katie · Married on 07/18/2010

3.5

I brought in a picture of the cake I wanted and the cake Deisings created was an exact match. We had several special requests to match our New Orleans themed wedding including cake pulls and King Cakes for the rehearsal and neither was a problem for them. The prices were very reasonable.

Sent on 10/06/2010