Defining Moments Weddings & Events Reviews

103 | Destin, FL

103 Reviews for Defining Moments Weddings & Events

103 Defining Moments Weddings & Events Reviews
  • User6463872 ·

Hiring Heather was the best decision we ever made! She is the most organized planner and was so knowledgable about the local vendors and venues. She mapped out everything we needed to do and was a huge source of support for us! Wish I could give her 6 stars!!!

• Jill

Jill Franks · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Wedding Coordinator on 30A

Heather was amazing to work with from the moment we met with her. She kept on top of everything from the timeline of decisions that needed to be made, when vendors needed to be paid, and even sent me a schedule with reminders. She took all the stress out of planning, it was if we were guests at our own wedding. Best wedding decision was hiring her.

• Sarah

Sarah Wiseman · Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding of my dreams!

If you're looking for a wedding planner in the 30A area, look no further! Someone said they went to the most beautiful wedding in Seaside several years ago, and Heather Archdeacon-Williams was the wedding planner - so I reached out! Heather was giving me advice and helping me out before I even signed a contract with her! I was planning our wedding from Nashville, but never had to worry about a thing because I knew Heather would handle it. She took care of every little detail. She's super organized and reliable. I can't imagine my wedding without her! It truly was the best day of my life, and I have her to thank. You're in the best hands with Defining Moments!

Defining Moments Weddings & Events 6

Morgan · Married on 09/08/2018

Heather at defining moments made our wedding day the most amazing, stress free day! She was on top of everything during the planning process all the way until our exit. Would highly recommend defining moments if you’re looking to be able to enjoy the best day of your life :)

Caroline · Married on 05/14/2018

Heather is the best! She thought of and planned for every detail of our wedding. She is so personable and she responded so quickly to every question I had! She was with us every step of the way and I cannot imagine what it would have been like trying to plan everything without her. Our officiant even noticed her attention to detail and how smoothly the rehearsal and wedding day went because of her. I credit Heather with my lack of stress on my wedding day because I knew she thought of everything for me. She went above and beyond to make the day so special and memorable for everyone. I can't say enough good things about her!

Jordin · Married on 05/11/2018

100/100 for DM Weddings! Heather is beyond wonderful. She is sweet, responsive, extremely detail oriented, and can keep a schedule like no one I have ever seen. She kept us on top of all of our vendors, payments, and we never felt stressed throughout the process...and most importantly, she made it FUN. I cannot express how much of a role she played in making our wedding day perfect.

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

Heather was awesome! I used her for a 60 day Wrap up and day of wedding coordinator and she literally saved my life! She caught mistakes some of my vendors had made that I did not catch, she stayed on top of all of my payments, helped to make sure I had everything I needed and kept my life and my crazy bridal party in order on the big day! She is super knowledgeable, very sweet, Super responsive and on top of EVERYTHING! She was exactly what I wanted for our wedding day! Thank you Heather!

Jocelyn · Married on 03/03/2018

From the very first phone call with Heather I knew she would make my wedding a day that I would never forget. She was focused on my priorities and was always available for my lengthy and sometimes repetitive questions. Heather always made me feel comfortable and like I was her number one priority. She respected my budget and connected me to the best vendors on 30A. I had several guests and family members come up to me during or after the wedding to tell me how impressed they were with everything. All the compliments I received were because of Heathers extremely hard work. I feel like a gained a new best friend during wedding planning and I am forever grateful!

Julia · Married on 02/03/2018

To put it simply, Heather is the BEST! She coordinated my wedding at the Seaside Interfaith Chapel and Ruskin Place Park in Seaside. In the 8 months leading up to my wedding I had long periods of work travel, and a major family health crisis to contend with. Heather stepped up and handled everything beautifully. She doesn't push her opinion on you, but is helpfully candid when you ask her to be. Every vendor she recommended was excellent, and at every turn she went above and beyond. They can't get the tents up when you go into your rain backup plan because the trees are overgrown? Heather handles it. You see they are painting the pavilion where you are planning to do pictures the day before your wedding? Heather handles it. The day of, I didn't have to worry about a single thing, because I knew Heather had it covered. My husband and I have spent the last week constantly turning to each other to talk about how perfect our wedding was, and how we wouldn't change a single thing. I consider Heather to be the most organized, professional and calm person I have ever worked with. If you are planning on getting married anywhere on 30A, hire Heather!

Ashley · Married on 01/27/2018

I’m having trouble finding the words to adequately describe what an amazing planner Heather was. From the beginning, she was 100% clear on communication, and continued to be even up to days after our wedding. Her organizational skills are UNBELIEVABLE! She was so precise in her planning, timelines, reminders, in everything which was such a relief for me, the Bride. I highly valued the fact that she was SO patient with me, from the beginning to the end. I had a vision that was what I would classify as a Pinterest dream of a wedding and she was able to make it all come to fruition, I was blown away! Being from Indiana, I was hesitant about planning my wedding such a distance away however Heather eased all my concerns and reduced my stress! Heather and Kenya went above in beyond in our entire planning process and especially on the day of our wedding. To be honest, I felt a little sad having to say goodbye as we were sent off after our reception – so we left them with an open invitation to visit Indiana. :) I’d highly recommend Defining Moments Wedding & Events. Heather, thank you for being such a key part of our special day!

Alexandra · Married on 11/04/2017

If it was possible for me to rate higher than 5 I would. Heather was a godsend. I am very type A and on my wedding day it was really important for me to stay in the moment and Heather not only made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be but also got me to focus on the moment instead of the timeline.

Our wedding the entire weekend managed to stay on track, with no major issues, and no drama. Every vendor did an amazing job, showed up on time, and delivered their scope of work thanks to Heather’s lead. She led an event with 8 groomsmen, 3 ushers, 7 bridesmaids, 4 parents, 4 grandparents, 150 other guests, and 10 plus vendors. My wedding weekend was everything I dreamed it would be and I know that is in large part thanks to her. My husband and I had a few moments at the reception where we both looked at each other and said “this is perfect. Everything is perfect.

She even made sure my husband and I had plenty of food and wedding cake in our hotel room the next day and had a drink and plate of appetizers ready for us when we got to the reception.

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

If you are looking for the best planner on 30A Heather is your girl!!! Heather and her team did an absolutely amazing job! Heather is professional, so organized, calm and overall just great at her job! Heather and Megan made our wedding day perfect and we cannot thank them enough!

Defining Moments Weddings & Events 7

Emily · Married on 08/26/2017

From our first meeting until the end of the wedding reception, Heather and staff were so positive, organized, and efficient! We love her.....And will recommend her anytime!

Brandi · Married on 05/20/2017

Heather with Defining Moments was absolutely amazing! She anticipated my every need from our first conversation to the morning after my wedding. She was always one step ahead when dealing with vendors, always quick to answer, always able to reach her if we needed something, not to mention she is just fun and enjoyable to be around. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! Our wedding weekend was absolutely perfect and it is all thanks to Defining Moments!

Brandi & Jose Gonzalez
    Orlando, FL
    Seaside Chapel Ceremony/Bud&Alley's Reception/Pizza Bar Rehearsal Dinner

Monica · Married on 05/20/2017

Heather was wonderful! Everything went well and the wedding was absolutely beautiful. Heather always made time to listen to any concerns and provided good sound advice. We couldn't have made it without her and the team of professionals she led us to. They all were sensational!

Emily · Married on 05/09/2017

Heather was absolutely AMAZING! From the very first time I contacted her - to the wedding day - she was wonderful. She answered every question I could've possibly had, and made sure our day went as smoothly as possible. It was absolutely perfect. I will definitely be recommending her to any of my friends that want to have a beach wedding in Florida. Thank you so much Heather for making our day what it was - PERFECT! You are awesome!

Kristin · Married on 04/29/2017

Heather was wonderful. She is so detail oriented and organized. The wedding day was perfect. Carolyn was great too.

Jean Anne · Married on 04/08/2017

Heather was amazing to work with. We were 100% happy with everything she did for our wedding. We had no surprises. We would definitely recommend her to anyone having a wedding on 30A.

Elaine · Married on 04/08/2017

We hired Heather before we picked a wedding date and venue. She helped us through the entire process and made sure our wedding was absolutely perfect!! All of the vendors she suggested did an amazing job and I can't say enough about how beautiful our wedding was. She helped us with everything from budgeting the entire wedding, helping us develop our vision for our wedding, to communicating our vision to all of our vendors, and keeping us on track with all of our planning. It was great having one point of contact for everything related to our wedding as she handled the vendor communications, setting up meetings, payment schedules, etc. She was super organized and on top of things. Best of all, I felt like she gave me really great candid advice when I was on the fence about certain elements of the wedding or vendors. On our wedding day, I knew everything was going to go perfectly and I didn't have to worry about a thing because Heather had it covered! I couldn't have pulled off such a perfect wedding without Defining Moments! It was worth every penny!

Ashley · Married on 03/25/2017

Heather is incredibly professional, organized, knowledgeable and responsive. She goes above and beyond for her clients and is very easy to get along with. We chose Heather initially because she handles all of the weddings herself, rather than assigning them out to a team (if we were going to pay for a planner, we wanted to get all the experience that comes with one!). She also was more competitively priced than others. My husband and I were very happy with how our wedding turned out, even though we planned it from hundreds of miles away, and we owe most of that credit to Heather. We would recommend her to others in a heartbeat!

caryn · Married on 03/18/2017

This was the best decision/best money spent for my wedding. Heather did a amazing job. Best wedding planner anyone could ask for!

tammy · Married on 03/18/2017

Heather is awesome!!! Very organized and professional, a pleasure to work with. Best money spent!!

Suzanne · Married on 02/25/2017

We used Heather for my daughter's Rosemary Beach wedding 2/25/2017. She truly exceeded our expectations throughout the entire wedding planning process from beginning to end! She left no detail undone! She was super efficient, organized and very pleasant to deal with. She oversaw the entire event and made sure we had not a worry :). Her assistant, Kenya, was also wonderful! She stayed right along side us all day, quietly tending to any need we had. She was just as sweet as could be and super helpful and organized!
    Heather and Kenya made it possible for everyone of us to enjoy the sweet celebration more than we could have ever imagined. It was truly a gift for each of us! I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking a wedding planner!

Mary Gates · Married on 02/25/2017

Heather was the most unbelievable wedding planner, and her assistant Kenya was so helpful day-of. We'd just gone through my sister's wedding process without a planner & felt we may need a local planner for my destination wedding in Rosemary Beach. We selected Heather from a friend's recommendation & appreciated that she had a "2 month out package" since we'd already made the big venue, florist, caterer, band decisions. I can't even tell you how responsive she was, willing to assist with any task. She kept us on task! We had party props, ringbearer pillow, bubbles, etc mailed directly to her, and we never even saw those items until they were where they needed to be! When we woke up at 9am on the wedding day, I said, "Mom, how does it feel to know that setup's underweigh & we have NOTHING to do with it?!" It was so nice to walk down & "check on" the progress as a bystander. She had every detail of the day planned out & ensured that we didn't have a thing to worry about. She had orchestrated a perfect ceremony and came down to the beach with us & the photographers for sunset photos. When she pulled out a paintbrush afterwards to get the sand off my feet before putting my shoes back on, I knew we'd picked the best planner out there! During the reception, I never saw her except for the precise moments I needed her! She approached us right after our dances with drinks & plate of passed apps. When dinner stations opened, she grabbed myself & the Groom (and my parents) and had plates with "a little bit of everything" prepped for us to sit down & eat while the crowd was forming lines to fix plates! She came and got us for cake cutting and gave us a quick & helpful "how to." My bustle broke, and she was right there with pins, saving the day. She had a bag with food, bubbly, and everything we needed in the pedicab we exited in. The entire weekend went so smoothly and we have Heather & Kenya to thank for a lot of it! I don't hesitate in recommending Heather & Defining Moments