Deerfield Reviews

198 | Newark, DE

198 Reviews for Deerfield

Hayley S. · Married on 07/09/2021

Best wedding venue out there!

Our wedding was absolutely perfect thanks to Deerfield! The ballroom and setting are gorgeous, the staff is top notch, the food and drinks were excellent and it’s the perfect place to host a wedding. We would recommend Deerfield to anyone planning a wedding!

Sent on 07/15/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Hayley & John: Thank you for taking the time to write a review! This is really helpful as couples try to find their perfect venue.

We are thrilled that you had an incredible experience, and can't wait to welcome you and your families back for many other special occasions!

Enjoy married life!!

Timothy · Married on 06/25/2021

The foundation to our perfect day.

There aren’t enough words to describe how amazing our experience was with Deerfield. The decor, the space, the generous and attentive staff are just a few of the many aspects that made our day perfect.

Our event coordinator Angela helped guide us with ease through the stressful process that is planning a wedding through a pandemic. Deerfield was big enough to accommodate our wedding guests that originally exceeded 200 and the dance floor was huge and made it comfortable.

Deerfield provided us with highly recommended vendors and hotel spaces that made organizing accommodations a breeze. The hors d’oeuvres and meals were beyond delicious to the point our guests still rave about their meals weeks after the event.

My wife and I cannot stress enough how incredible the staff was. From the moment we stepped through the doors on our special day, our every need was taken care of. They organized the flow of the day exquisitely and precise. We knew where we going to be and what was going to happen so there was no stress.

If you haven’t gotten the hint by now, we highly recommend Deerfield for your wedding or any event you have in the future. It truly was the perfect place that made our special day so perfect.

Sent on 07/27/2021

Rochelle T. · Married on 05/23/2021

Very professional

My fiancé and I toured this venue and it was an amazing experience. They offered us a sneak peak of the venue and offered us wine or champagne the moment we came through the door. I really appreciated their hospitality and were thinking about booking them in the spring.😀

Sent on 11/26/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Hello Rochelle! Thank you for the compliment, we take great price in a high level of service. We hope to welcome you in the Spring for your wedding. If there is anything keeping us from being your first choice, we welcome the opportunity to address it!
  • Monica

Monica J. · Married on 05/08/2021

Deerfield Rocks!

Deerfield is a beautiful venue and while that’s special, it’s not even the best part! The wedding team at deerfield is absolutely amazing! The wedding coordinators and managers worked with us through the entire process to make sure everything was exactly as we wanted! On the day of our wedding it was supposed to rain just as our ceremony was about to start so they called and they were able to move everything inside without a hitch! They even moved our big wedding arch that was already covered in flowers! Not only that but the food was amazing and all of the guests were happy! They have so many different options to customize the meal! We were able to get an ice cream bar because ice cream is special to my husband and I. I highly recommend deerfield as the location for your wedding!

Sent on 07/27/2021
  • Paige

Paige H. · Married on 04/11/2021

The Perfect Wedding

The entire team that we worked with at Deerfield was amazing from day 1! Alex was always available whenever we had any questions or concerns about anything, down to the smallest detail. On the day of our wedding, JD, Lori, and team made sure everything ran smoothly. If anything went wrong, my husband and I didn’t know anything about it. They also did everything possible to make sure all safety protocols were being followed, as we got married during the reopening stages of the Covid-19 pandemic. I recommend this venue to any couple that wants to work with a team that is professional, friendly, accommodating, and willing to go above and beyond to make sure your special day is everything you imagine and more!

Sent on 06/09/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Paige & Jeremy: Thank you for the lovely note! We are thrilled that your wedding day was everything you imagined it to be, and that our team was able to play a part in the magic. We look forward to welcoming you back for many special events in the future!
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 03/09/2021

Great wedding venue!

I would highly recommend Deerfield for a wedding venue! The staff was easy to get a hold of during the wedding planning process by phone and email. The day of, the bride had her own bridal attendant who was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond her job. The catering staff were extremely attentive to a guest with Celiac's. Also, all coordinators the day off asked the bride, groom, and close family members if anything was needed throughout the night!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Emily & Vince: Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that you felt well taken care of, and look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield in the future!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 12/12/2020

Perfect Wedding Planned in 3 Weeks Thanks to Deerfield

My (now) husband and I got engaged in July 2019. We were ahead of the game with all of our planning and we were so very excited! Then COVID-19 hit. Our original venue required we cut our 150 guest count - which was fine, especially because the count went from 80 to 100 people in a month. Unfortunately, in late November, our venue informed us that we were only able to have our ceremony - no food, no dancing.
    My (now) mother and father-in-law sat us down on Thanksgiving and informed us that they had been in touch with Deerfield and we could have a mini-wedding on our original date, if that was something we were interested in.
    We didn't hesitate to say yes.
    In 3 weeks, with the help of Alex and Michael, who are absolutely WONDERFUL, our perfect wedding was planned. Despite only having 30 guests which included mostly of our family and bridal party, it was the best day of my life.
    My husband and I have gone to several events at Deerfield - weddings, baby shower, brunch - and they, as per usual, did not let us down. No one would ever know that our wedding was planned in 3 weeks. It was everything I could have asked for and then some.

Deerfield's reply:

Samantha & Cameron: Thank you for the kind words. We are so thrilled that during these tough times, Deerfield was able to provide you and your family with a happy wedding memory! We look forward to welcoming you all back for many future happy occasions!

Tiara S. · Married on 11/27/2020

Dream Come True

My husband and I got married here in November of 2020. Planning and having a wedding during covid was already hard enough but, having the state shut down again 4 days before your day was HARD. We pushed through and cut our guest list by more than half. Now this venue can easily hold 300-400 people. We had 50. I was so nervous about how the room will look and how everyone is going to like it and let me just say they EXCEEDED my expectations. They made my dream wedding come true and it was beautiful. They spaced everything out perfectly so it didn’t look so empty. Every single staff member there was polite, professional, and detail oriented. Michael and Angela were there for me every step of the way and always took the time to answer all of my questions. The chef was fantastic, our guests were gushing over the food quality and taste. From the initial booking to the very day of my wedding, they were there the entire time. Everyone felt safe there during covid and we had a blast. I would recommend them 1000 times more. Thank you Deerfield and all it’s staff. They truly exceeded any expectations I had.

Sent on 04/24/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Tiara: Thank you for sharing your Deerfield experience on Wedding Wire. We know how tough it was planning during the pandemic, but you truly made it look easy! We will share your wonderful feedback with our team, and look forward to welcoming you & Antonino back for many future special occasions!

Megan D. · Married on 11/21/2020

Blown away by Deerfield

Wedding planning during a global pandemic is far from enjoyable. BUT Lizette and the Deerfield team were absolutely amazing to work with. From the beginning, Lizette was patient and understanding. She was helpful as details started to shift. She made sure that we were excited despite the damper that COVID put on things. And then the wedding. WOW. Jeff, Mike, and the Deerfield staff are top notch, world class, absolutely phenomenal. The set up was wonderful - our guests were able to enjoy themselves while still keeping safe. Social distancing procedures were put in place, but you could hardly even tell that things were different (except for the obvious masks... but even with masks, it was the best day of our lives)! Our drinks were never empty, and for sure, our hearts were full. Our day went off without a hitch and we cannot thank Deerfield enough. Stop looking at other venues -- go with Deerfield. You won't regret it.

Sent on 12/18/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Megan & Jerry: Thank you for choosing Deerfield, and for the lovely note! We know the planning process and the wedding wasn't what you had originally planned...but we are thrilled that you were happy with the way our team took care of you and your guests! We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Deerfield for many other special events!
  • Megan

Megan C. · Married on 11/14/2020

Best day ever!

Deerfield was incredible & beautiful! We had our wedding & reception there in November 2020. It was everything we ever dreamed of and more. During COVID - the staff enforced safety & compliance with masks. We felt so special and listened to during the entire experience and recommend this venue to everyone who is getting married soon!

Deerfield's reply:

Megan & Zachary: Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We are so thrilled that the wedding experience was incredible for you both, and we appreciate the opportunity to host such a special day for you, your family and friends! We look forward to welcoming back for many special occasions in the future!
  • Taylor

Taylor D. · Married on 11/07/2020

Absolutely perfect!

My husband and I have nothing but great things to say about deerfield. Alex was amazing and made me feel completely comfortable with all my decisions. She was also available to answer my millions of questions. With covid she was great making me and my family feel safe. Micheal was great he really helped make our day as magical and as stress-free as possible.

Sent on 02/12/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Taylor & Nate: Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Deerfield! We are thrilled that you were happy with both the planning process and the day of the wedding and look forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions in the future!

Anthony O. · Married on 10/09/2020

Covid wedding

Me and my current wife were both scared that we were not going to be able to get married with everything going on in the world. Deerfield and thier staff helped out as much as they could with everything going on. It ended up being an over all great time. Food was great and service was even better. We definitely recommend Deerfield to anyone.

Deerfield's reply:

Anthony & Stepfanie: Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled that you were happy with our team's execution of your wedding suring such a challenging time, and look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield to celebrate many special occasions in the future!

Danielle S. · Married on 09/26/2020

Everything you want, you got it! Best venue EVER!

Planning a wedding in a pandemic was hard enough, but planning a wedding with Deerfield made it SO easy! My coordinator Angela was so flexible, organized, always communicated, and went above and beyond for anything I asked. The staff make you feel like family and not only is the food, service, and venue perfect and beautiful but the people and staff make you feel so welcome. I highly recommend having your wedding or special event here. I promise it’ll be one to remember!
    Thank you Deerfield for everything and making our wedding day extra special, and thank you again Angela for helping me plan my covid wedding and giving me the confidence and positivity along the whole way!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Danielle & Joey: Thank you for the lovely review! We are thrilled that Deerfield was able to help you plan a beautiful wedding day that holds wonderful memories. Your photos are stunning! We look forward to welcoming you and your families back to Deerfield for many more special occasions!

Anthony S. · Married on 09/25/2020

Solis wedding

Angela and Michael were amazing! They took the stress out of the entire planning and execution of the event! Would highly recommend and have been doing so! They truly made our special day flawless from beginning to end!

Sent on 01/12/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Anthony & Allie: Thank you for the kind words, and for allowing us to host you, your friends and family for such a special day! We look forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions in the future!
  • Stephanie

Stephanie J. · Married on 09/13/2020

Deerfield Wedding

We finally had out big day and I couldnt be more thankful to have had it at Deerfield! The grounds were immaculate and made for amazing pictures and back drop. Mike and his team did everything and beyond what we could have expected or needed. Someone was always checking on us to see if we needed anything. They care of every single detail, and we could not be more thankful for his assistance. Guests raved about the food, so props to the chefs. We had an absolutely amazing day and we thank every single person at Deerfield that played a role in making our wedding perfection. Thankful for Angela and all her hard work leading up to the wedding. We love Deerfield and could not have picked a better venue.

Sent on 09/15/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Stephanie & Scotty: Thank you for the lovely review! We are thrilled that our team exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you and your families back in the future for other special occasions! We also can't wait to see your photos...it was an incredible day!
  • Rohan

Rohan A. · Married on 09/08/2020

Best Day Ever!

Deerfield was exactly what we imagined when thinking about our wedding. We originally planned to have our wedding in May 2020 and had to postpone it to August 2020 due to COVID.
    When we were initially searching for a venue there were certain elements Deerfield had which grabbed our attention but the one which really sold the venue to us was Angela.   Angela was a dream to work with throughout the whole planning process. She made it all feel easy even with covid being thrown at us a few months before the wedding.  She was very flexible and worked with us on our best options for the wedding with COVID.
    Michael, and the rest of the team on the day of the wedding were amazing. We got so many compliments on how nice and professional the staff were.
    In terms of the venue itself, there is not much to say, the pictures speak for themselves. We can only echo the previous reviews, the property is beautiful, well maintained, and makes for amazing memories. We received so many compliments how it was one of the prettiest venues they have been to.
    We were so happy to have our wedding at Deerfield and wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 01/16/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Rohan and Karishma: Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled that Angela was a dream for you to work with and that the Deerfield team took great care of you on the day of the wedding. We recently received the full album of your digital photos and they are absolutely magnificent!!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for many special occasions in the future!

Aliya · Married on 09/05/2020

The perfect venue for the perfect day

Deerfield made our dream wedding come true. From the initial consultation with Angela through everything COVID threw our way, their flexibility, organization, and ability to manage all of the change and craziness from this year, was beyond impressive. The week before the wedding, we met with the operations team, to go through every minute detail for the day of. There was a lot to manage - every last minute detail, along with a significant amount of dietary restrictions for our guests, and every single ask was executed flawlessly. Michael, Karmen, and Gabby on the operations team were all beyond amazing. For anyone looking for a wedding venue in Delaware, in my opinion, there is no better option than Deerfield. Do not hesitate to contact Angela, Jeff, or any of the other amazing employees at Deerfield. They are professional, responsive, and a joy to work with. What should have been a nightmare process (and sort of was strictly because of COVID), was made 100x easier by Deerfield's amazing team. The only 'downside' is that the night went too fast. We are so grateful! Deerfield is the best of the best!

Sent on 10/05/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Aliya & Michael: Thank you for the wonderful review! We are thrilled that Deerfield was able to make your dream wedding a reality, and that your hearts hold wonderful memories of a beautiful day! We look forward to welcoming you and your families back to Deerfield for many more special occasions!
  • Samantha

Samantha B. · Married on 09/04/2020

Excellent!

Deerfield provided a very smooth, stress free wedding for my husband and I! I couldn't have asked for a better team to plan a wedding with during the COVID-19 pandemic. Everything was wonderful! My guests loved the food and views on the golf course.

Sent on 01/27/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Samantha & Tommy: Thank you for taking time to leave a review. We are thrilled that your wedding experience with Deerfield was stress free and look forward to welcoming you and your families back for many special occasions in the future!

Courtney · Married on 08/21/2020

August Deerfield Wedding

I cannot speak highly enough about Deerfield and their team! We were wowed from our first tour to the very end of our wedding reception. I am an event planner and knew that not only did I want a beautiful reception venue, but also a team of staff who I knew would make our wedding planning process and day-of stress free. Deerfield truly made our experience so joyful, fun, and stress free! They kept in frequent communication in the months leading up to our wedding and promptly answered every question and concern I had. Our reception could not have been executed more perfectly! They delivered on every detail, even the most minor touches were attended to exactly as we had discussed! The wedding team, chefs, table attendants, everyone had top notch customer service skills- we were blown away! I truly cannot sing their praises highly enough, not only is Deerfield an absolute dream come true reception venue, their team will make your wedding process so easy and enjoyable!

Sent on 01/19/2021

Deerfield's reply:

Courtney & Mike: Thank you for the lovely review! The two of you hold a very special place in our hearts at Deerfield, and seeing the two of you so happy is why we do what we do! Lizette absolutely LOVED planning with you and all of your hard work showed in the beauty of the day! We are thrilled that you found your experience to be joyful and fun, and loved seeing your photos!

We look forward to welcoming you and your families to Deerfield for many special events in the future!

Maria C. · Married on 08/02/2020

Everything You Could Ever Want and More

We are over the moon at the experience we had planning and hosting our wedding with Deerfield. Everything was perfect from start to finish, thanks to Angela and her team. So many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. We were kind of nervous about a winter wedding in February, but they made sure it was perfect in every way. From the beautiful landscape of the property to the romantic feel in the ballroom.

Our search started with several of the local hot spots but from tours, to menu items nothing really captured our hearts like Deerfield. We were sold walking through the halls toward the ballroom. The beautiful atrium let in beautiful light and set the ambiance for our cocktail hour, and soft light twinkling through the windows of the ballroom cast a magical feeling for the dinner and dancing, but the Delaware artwork adorning the walls really caught us!

Angela was so patient and knowledgeable through the whole planning process. She handled my indecisiveness and provided guidance when needed like a seasoned pro, and can I just say she is so sweet and caring - just a wonderful human being. And they worked so well with our vendors and

What a beautiful landscape for pictures! When the sun was setting we got so many good shots on the course and in the ballroom with setting sun shining through the windowed room. So perfect and romantic.

Dinner was outstanding - the chef and his crew served perfectly cooked filet, flavorful, tender chicken, and of crispy tasty veggies. Oh and they have AMAZING coffee. The bar was on point, and kept people in drink throughout the evening. We were even surprised with an ice sculpture that turned out to be quite a hit with the guests!

Last but certainly not least, Michael and Ryan were amazing hosts! We were welcomed with open arms to a quiet peaceful suite with a private toast, and area to refresh and collect ourselves. Our table decor had been placed perfectly to create a breathtaking atmosphere upon entry. They kept things moving smoothly throughout the night, attending to us, our parents, and guests as if we were royalty. A special shout out goes to my son's favorite attendant, Gabby, she was so kind to cut his steak for him, and "keep his Shirley Temple's coming."

We were absolutely astonished by our experience with Deerfield and would recommend them to anyone having a wedding or celebratory event. Especially because with all that they offered, the quality and value were better than we found anywhere. Thank you for making our day a beautiful memory.

Sent on 08/30/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Maria & John: THANK YOU for the detailed feedback! We are so thrilled that you and your guests enjoyed your wedding experience from beginning to end (including the delicious coffee!) and look forward to welcoming you and your families back to celebrate future occasions with Deerfield!
    PS: Your photos are incredible!!

Scott B. · Married on 04/07/2020

Deerfield rocks!

We were extremely pleased with the success of our daughter’s wedding reception that Deerfield hosted on July 4th. Everything was on point including the refreshing cocktail hour with hors d'oeuvres stations, the delicious dinner, the gorgeous facilities, and the attentive staff. We recognize the challenges caused by the pandemic and appreciate all that the Deerfield team did to accommodate us, to create memories for all of our guests, and to keep us safe. Our daughter and son-in-law could not have been happier with their special day as evidenced by the following Facebook comments: "Thanks for the best day ever!" and "WHAT . A . DAY! Everything was perfect." We highly recommend Deerfield as an event venue.

Sent on 08/03/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Scott & Nancy: Thank you for the lovely review. It was SUCH a pleasure to be a part of Alli and Caleb's special day....and we appreciate your incredible patience and flexibility working through the details! We are THRILLED that everything turned out so perfectly, and look forward to welcoming you and your family back for many future special occasions!

Lauren R. · Married on 02/29/2020

Highly recommend!

We found Deerfield after a disappointing venue fell through in terms of budget. We were hesitant visiting Deerfield and a few other similar venues. When we saw the large ballroom, we were instantly hooked! We loved the space, the amenities, and the staff. Angela was so responsive, she spelled everything out clearly, there were no hidden costs, no surprises and that was such a relief while planning on a budget! Even the day of, everything went off without any issues, the staff was phenomenal! We heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests and we are so grateful to have had our ceremony and reception at Deerfield. Please don’t hesitate to get married here. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 08/03/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Lauren & Andrew: Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled that you had an incredible Deerfield experience, and look forward to welcoming you and your families back for many special celebrations in the future!

Jenna S. · Married on 02/09/2020

Amazing experience 10/10

The staff at Deerfield was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. To taste testing, promptly responding to emails, meeting to review all of the details the week before the wedding, to setting up the event with personal items/touches, everything was perfect. We had many positive comments from guests who attended the wedding including the quality of the food, service of the bar tenders, as well as the servers and overall atmosphere. We would 100% recommend this venue and overall had an amazing experience.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Jenna & Randall: Thank you for the lovely review. We are THRILLED that your experience was perfect, and look forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions in the future!

Teresa G. · Married on 01/11/2020

wonderul experience for our winter wedding!

In looking for a wedding venue for our January 2020 wedding, it was clear that Deerfield checked every box. We were so pleased with the whole team we worked with, from Angela leading up to our big day to our day of team. They made it effortlessly easy, and we were catered to every step of the way. The team did such a wonderful job executing the day of, Gabby was a wonderful bridal assistant and always made sure we were staying on track, had time to eat, and of course that our drinks were full! Our families were blown away by the by Deerfield's service and the beauty of the venue

Sent on 07/23/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Teresa & Justin: Thank you for the lovely note! We are in LOVE with the photos from your winter wedding, and thrilled that you were blown away by our service and the beauty of Deerfield. We look forward to welcoming you back to celebrate many more milestones in the future!