Deerfield Reviews

174 | Newark, DE

174 Reviews for Deerfield

Rochelle Tinsley · Getting married on 05/23/2021

Very professional

My fiancé and I toured this venue and it was an amazing experience. They offered us a sneak peak of the venue and offered us wine or champagne the moment we came through the door. I really appreciated their hospitality and were thinking about booking them in the spring.😀

Sent on 11/26/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Hello Rochelle! Thank you for the compliment, we take great price in a high level of service. We hope to welcome you in the Spring for your wedding. If there is anything keeping us from being your first choice, we welcome the opportunity to address it!
  • Emily

Emily · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Great wedding venue!

I would highly recommend Deerfield for a wedding venue! The staff was easy to get a hold of during the wedding planning process by phone and email. The day of, the bride had her own bridal attendant who was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond her job. The catering staff were extremely attentive to a guest with Celiac's. Also, all coordinators the day off asked the bride, groom, and close family members if anything was needed throughout the night!

Sent on 12/14/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Emily & Vince: Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled that you felt well taken care of, and look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield in the future!

Jenna Schiccatano · Married on 02/09/2020

Amazing experience 10/10

The staff at Deerfield was very accommodating and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. To taste testing, promptly responding to emails, meeting to review all of the details the week before the wedding, to setting up the event with personal items/touches, everything was perfect. We had many positive comments from guests who attended the wedding including the quality of the food, service of the bar tenders, as well as the servers and overall atmosphere. We would 100% recommend this venue and overall had an amazing experience.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Jenna & Randall: Thank you for the lovely review. We are THRILLED that your experience was perfect, and look forward to welcoming you back for many special occasions in the future!
  • Ronrb

Ron B. · Married on 12/28/2019

Extraordinary!

We could not have been happier with our decision to hold our wedding reception at Deerfield. The venue was great, the food was fantastic and everyone we dealt with was just a pleasure. I don't see how anyone could go wrong selecting them. Special kudos to Alex, who was an absolute delight to work with!

Sent on 01/15/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Ron & Paula: Thank you for the lovely review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experience at Deerfield, and will ensure we pass along the kind words to Alex and the team!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield for many special events in the future!

Brittney Brothwood · Married on 11/15/2019

Perfect Venue

Above & beyond our expectations! Our wedding coordinator was everything we needed & more. The venue was beautiful, the food was delicious, & the open bar had all the options we needed. I highly recommend Deerfield to anyone getting married!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Brittney & Alan: Thank you for trusting Deerfield to host this special day in your lives! We are thrilled that the team exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future to create more memories!
  • Jessica

Jessica Lilly · Married on 10/26/2019

Smooth Sailing!

Planning a wedding is a difficult process, but Deerfield has many this easier. They have package deals but they are flexible with you making the experience convenient, but affordable! The staff was super helpful and friendly. Just an absolutely amazing experience!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Jessica & James: Thank you for the lovely review. We hope married life is treating you well, and we are thrilled that you had an amazing experience at Deerfield! We look forward to welcoming you and your families back for many special occasions in the future!

Katie · Married on 10/18/2019

Deerfield was Amazing

The Deerfield staff was very accommodating. Aside from providing a beautiful venue, they were extremely helpful the day of the wedding to ensure we were worry free the entire time. They were able to make all of the last minute changes we requested.

Sent on 12/27/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Katie & Adam: Thank you for the lovely note. We are thrilled that you were happy with your experience at Deerfield, and look forward to welcoming you back for many more special events in the future!

Jackie · Married on 10/11/2019

The most perfect wedding venue!

This venue is so stunning inside and out! From the outdoor patio space, to the cocktail hour in the atrium and the beautiful ballroom, Deerfield is very classy and elegant. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how nice it was.
    My husband and I had our wedding reception at Deerfield on October 11th and it couldn't have been more perfect. We worked with Angela throughout the planning process and she was AMAZING. She understood exactly what we wanted and made everything so easy, and was just overall a pleasure to work with! :) The staff on the wedding day were all so professional and easy going and our guests and wedding party couldn't say enough positive things about the overall atmosphere.
    Carmen was our banquet supervisor and she did a BEAUTIFUL job setting up all of the decorations and coordinating the flow of the wedding. Our bridal attendant Gabby was the sweetest and made sure that my bridesmaids and I had all that we needed throughout the day.

Sent on 11/05/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Jackie & Sean: THANK YOU for the lovely note. We are thrilled that your experience from beginning to end was perfect, and will certainly pass along your praises to the team! We appreciate you trusting us with your wedding, and look forward to welcoming you and your families back for many special occasions in the future!

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Night Ever!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Deerfield August 2019. From our initial walkthrough we knew this was the place for us. The large windows, ballroom & atrium for cocktail hour, and outdoor space are stunning! Angela was our wedding coordinator and she was always very responsive. She was also very personal and made sure you were doing ok in the planning process. Deerfield exceeded our expectations! Everything was perfect! The night went flawlessly. We even did a bubble machine exit at the end of the night and last minute I realized the machine need to be plugged in and did not run on battery. The staff at Deerfield said it was not an issue and even ran an extension cord for us to use it! They go above and beyond here!

We would like to thank the all of the staff at Deerfield who made our wedding reception the best night ever especially Angela, Michael, JD and Michelle. Thank you!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Jerry

Jerry Santoferrara · Married on 07/21/2019

Exceptional

The venue is beautiful and can accommodate a large reception. The staff is amazing and willing to work to help us in any way they can.

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Hatton

Hatton · Married on 07/13/2019

Excellent experience!

As a Wedding Planner I needed to find an affordable venue that would meet all of my clients requirements, from the moment the bride and groom step inside the venue they knew they had found the it! Deerfield was perfect! a beautiful ball room surrounded by windows of the beautiful golf course, the food was delicious, the service was one of the best I have found, the team that was there to help me were incredibly efficient, excellent attitude and went above and beyond to make sure I had everything I needed to do my job, I created the decor, flowers, backdrop and centerpieces, they help me greatly through the process. I will think of them for future weddings and will recommend them 100%, if you need a beautiful venue, excellent food, service and great value, look no further.

Sent on 03/03/2020

Deerfield's reply:

Good morning Hatton! Thank you for the lovely review of Deerfield. We are thrilled that we were able to exceed the expectations of both you and your clients, and look forward to welcoming you back to partner on weddings in the future!
  • Ninette

Ninette · Married on 05/24/2019

Gorgeous Venue & Excellent Service!

My husband and I just got married at Deerfield Golf Club in May 2019 and we absolutely loved it! We had our ceremony outdoors on the Terrace (facing the golf course), our cocktail hour in the Sussex atrium, and our reception in the ballroom. We loved that our guests were able to experience all these different locations as each one provided its own unique beauty. We first saw the venue (and preferred vendors) at the open house. We were initially nervous that our 95 guests would feel lost in the ballroom, but the staff did an excellent job arranging the room to feel intimate and spacious. The professionalism and customer service of all the staff members from the open house all the way through to the wedding day was absolutely exceptional! We mainly corresponded with Angela during the planning phase, and she was very helpful and pleasurable to work with. The food tasting exceeded our expectations with it's extensive and delicious menu. The week of the wedding, the staff was very thorough in going over all of our decorations/set-up instructions. We definitely felt at ease that our wedding day was in good hands and they did a great job pulling it all together on the big day. They even thought to move two pillars with floral arrangements from the outdoor ceremony into the ballroom to accent either side of our sweetheart table - for whatever reason my husband and I hadn't thought of that but they did and it turned out so lovely!! Overall, from the gorgeous venue to the amazing staff and delicious food we could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Ninette & Joe: Thank you for the lovely review, and for trusting Deerfield with your wedding! We are thrilled that your experience from beginning to end with our team was amazing, and we can't wait to see your photos!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Deerfield for other special occasions!

Michele Rubin · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful beyond words!!

We just had my daughters bridal shower in the Sussex room. The room itself is gorgeous. Claire was wonderful with ALL my questions. The on-site staff were so helpful and very kind. Our guests raved about the service and food. The management also helped us in our set up (we brought quite a bit of décor for our Tiffany theme) and were present throughout the entire day to help but not at all intrusive. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Dawn Everhart · Married on 05/06/2019

Very pleasurable experience

Staff is very knowledgeable, professional and willing to accommodate requests. Each member of the Deerfield staff was attentive and excited to help us celebrate with our guests. The food was amazing, decor was elegant, wait staff pleasant, and venue was beautiful.

Sent on 12/09/2019

S · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue, Excellent Service & Food!

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Deerfield on 5/4/2019. I could not be more pleased with how our day went. Everything went smoothly, all thanks to their phenominal staff. We were able to bring all of our decorations and signs to them a few days before, and they set it all up for us; it was a huge relief to us that they did this for us! Our managers for the day, JD and Michael, were wonderful and went over every detail with us at our final appointment. They also made sure that we got to eat despite the busy day, and that my handicapped sister was comfortable. I can't thank them enough for their impeccable service! The scenery around the venue is breathtaking, and is a beautiful backdrop for unforgettable photos. The food was also excellent (I highly recommend the bacon wrapped filet!) and I have heard nothing but great comments from our guests. Deerfield was very accommodating to all of our requests and definitely exceeded our expectations; they truly went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned and to our satisfaction. I would highly recommend Deerfield if you are looking for a wedding venue in Delaware.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Hello SP! Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled that Deerfield exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you and BH back for many more special occasions!

Tonya · Married on 03/30/2019

My dream reception

The experience at Deerfield was awesome. They worked with our budget, the staff did not leave anything in-turned. From the planning until our actual date they catered to us to make sure all our wishes came true.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Karen Anyayahan · Married on 01/27/2019

Stress-free wedding

Amazing Team who made every request and detail happen and made it even better! I am truly thankful for all the assistance you provided with the preparation and the day of....you made it a stress-free and fun wedding! The ballroom was so beautiful, food was great, and deerfield folks ensured we and our guests enjoyed the wedding. And....they made sure me and my husband are attended to, had time to enjoy the food, the drinks and the place. THANK YOU ANGELA, LIZETTE, STEPHANIE, MICHAEL and TEAM!!!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Good morning Karen & Rob: Thank you for trusting us with such a special day in your lives. It was a beautiful reception and we look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for many other happy occasions!

Julie · Married on 01/12/2019

Deerfield does not disappoint!

I can’t recommend Deerfield enough for your next event. The staff is so helpful and accommodating- we worked with Claire to set up the event and Lizette was our day of coordinator. We got so many compliments on the food and the beautiful ballroom it was held in! Book Deerfield and you won’t be dissapointed !

Sent on 01/16/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Thank you Julie! We appreciate you choosing us for your 3rd personal event at Deerfield for you and your family, and look forward to welcoming you back for many more special occasions!
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Out of this World

We went to Deerfield concerned it would be out of our budget but the amount of amenities it offered compared to other locations was so impressive! Deerfield and their event staff made my dreams come true for my wedding in Dec 2018. Not only were they the perfect place for a Bride with big dreams and a Type A personality but they accommodated our fun and crazy Bridal Party who wanted to bring ALL of the fun to the dance floor! Their staff saved the day from a ripped bustle and missing florals! Their seasonal decor tied together our classy holiday motif in the most magical way! They absolutely transformed the ballroom into the vision I outlined for them at our walk through the week before!

They also referred us to two of my favorite Wedding Day vendors! However they didn’t demand that we use them - only promised that we would be promised the same level of service we got from Deerfield and this was certainly true!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Alana & John: Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled to have made your dreams come true and to have saved the day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield for future special occasions!
  • allie

allie · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Experience

Everyone was wonderful to work with! Our guests couldn't say enough nice things about the venue.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue!

Beautiful venue! We had so much fun on my wedding day. Everything went smoothly and we're all extremely impressed with the staff, food, and experience overall.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Hi Samantha!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for choosing Deerfield to host one of the most important days in your life!

Best,
    The Deerfield Team
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2018

A Dream Wedding!

I just had my fairytale wedding reception at Deerfield...and I can't recommend them enough. (My sister also got married here...we LOVE this place!)

We had complicated centerpieces, food and drink selections and so many other random details that Angela and her team worked with us on SO easily. No request felt too big. We decided not to serve alcohol, and I found out later they made cute little non alcoholic drinks for our guests! They stored each separately boxed centerpiece for us the week ahead of time (20 LARGE boxes...). They served chocolate milk just for my cousins. They lit hundreds of candles on our tables...made sure the groom and I actually ate. Honestly one of the most stress free events and gorgeous weddings (yes I know I'm a little biased). My husband and I can't recommend Deerfield enough. (also, your photos here will be BEAUTIFUL. Get on the golf course at sunset!)

Sent on 12/12/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Natalie & Tyler: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We are thrilled that we were able to give you a fairytale wedding, and look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

PS: We received your photos a few weeks ago, and they are STUNNING!! Look for them on facebook and instagram next week!

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

The perfect venue!

Deerfield was the perfect venue for our wedding day (10/20/18). The staff is so professional and truly cares about making your day perfect! The staff worked great with our vendors to ensure everything was exactly as we wanted it. The pine trees location for our ceremony was perfect and our guests were able to utilize the outdoor patio during cocktail hour. Lizette and Michael made sure the day of ran perfectly and that I (the bride) was stress free! Our bridal attendant Sarah was always right there when we needed something. Angela was there every step of the way during the planning process! Our family and friends had so many amazing things to say! Everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Jessica & Ryan: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We are thrilled that the experience was perfect, and look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

PS: We just received your photos, and they are STUNNING!!

Terri Steinmetz · Married on 10/19/2018

The Deerfield is an amazing venue!

Last week we celebrated our daughters wedding at the Deerfield and it was an unbelievably perfect day. The ballroom is beautiful, the food is delicious, and all of the staff were awesome. My guests were so impressed with this venue. Angela, the sales manager, was always there to guide us and give us advice throughout the entire planning process. Lizette and Michael helped make our day run smooth. The entire staff went over and above to make our day special I highly recommend the Deerfield, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Terri: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for such an important day in your family's life. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!