Deerfield Reviews

1 User photo

Deerfield 1

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue!

Beautiful venue! We had so much fun on my wedding day. Everything went smoothly and we're all extremely impressed with the staff, food, and experience overall.

Jean · event on: 07/23/2017

We held our sorority reunion here on Saturday night. The staff was AMAZING and the space is gorgeous! Claire worked with us through to accommodate some last minute room changes and their flexibility to make those changes was beyond appreciated! I'd highly recommend Deerfield for any of your event needs!!

Terri Steinmetz · Married on 10/19/2018

The Deerfield is an amazing venue!

Last week we celebrated our daughters wedding at the Deerfield and it was an unbelievably perfect day. The ballroom is beautiful, the food is delicious, and all of the staff were awesome. My guests were so impressed with this venue. Angela, the sales manager, was always there to guide us and give us advice throughout the entire planning process. Lizette and Michael helped make our day run smooth. The entire staff went over and above to make our day special I highly recommend the Deerfield, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Terri: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for such an important day in your family's life. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

I could not have asked for a better experience

I knew Deerfield was the right choice almost immediately when we were venue-shopping for our wedding, but I was blown away by the level of care and professionalism Deerfield demonstrated. From start to finish every single person was exceptional.

I want to give a special thanks to Carly. I don't know where they found her, but she was fantastic - attentive, poised and calm. She stayed close whenever either my husband or I needed anything but we never felt crowded or over-served.

Chef and his entire kitchen team were spectacular. Guests are still raving about the food, and they have said it was the best wedding dinner they've had.

Lizette and Michael were in the pinnacle of professionalism. Michael asked me a couple of times throughout the night if everything was going well. I could never find a complaint. Lizette was a fantastic ally to have when I needed to be pulled away from overly chatty guests or just needed to eat.

And from the time I first toured Deerfield to the last Wednesday before the wedding, Angela was been phenomenal. I never had a question unanswered, always felt like I was her only client when I called with small or strange questions. She was incredible, and I have been shouting her and Deerfield's praises from the Main Line Philadelphia.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Elizabeth & Harry: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We love hearing that you "knew" we were the right choice from the beginning! We are thrilled that the level of service was exceptional, and will pass along your kind words to Carly, Chef, Lizette, Michael and Angela. We look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

Becca · Married on 04/06/2018

My husband and I just had our wedding at Deerfield on April 7, 2018 and I cannot say enough great things. From the start of planning up till the end of our wedding day everything was perfect. They are awesome to work with and extremely accommodating. My husband has severe food allergies and they even made him his own plate of appetizers just for him! They set up my decorations exactly how I wanted everything to be. I mean I could go on and on. I am SO SO SO happy we went with deerfield. Staff is amazing, venue is beautiful, and so great to work with.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Becca and Tyler: Thanks so much for your wonderful note and sharing your wedding celebration with us. I am so sorry for the delay in our response to it. We are thrilled that you were pleased. Please find some time to come back and celebrate with us again soon. And our best to your families!
  • F

Felicia · Married on 12/02/2017

Deerfield was the most magical venue for our wedding. We live in New York City, but I'm from Delaware (the bride), and we were looking for something classic and elegant and surrounded with green, and wow, did we get it and then some. Deerfield is stunning in every way. The grounds are lush, with so many beautiful spots to take photos outside even during the colder months when your ceremony will be inside, which we loved. The indoor space is expansive, filled with so many perfect areas and so many windows -- from the skylights and floor to ceiling windows in the cocktail area to the fully surrounded by windows ballroom -- just magnificent. I also can't say enough good things about having the small bridal suite for the gals and the bar area for the gents as our home bases, and as a way to keep us separated until the first look! I hope I've captured just how lovely a space this is.
    Now, to the amazing team who made our wedding a dream come true, it is just impossible to thank you. Our point of contact throughout the planning process was Angela, who was with me every step of the way guiding us with her expertise and amazing taste. She had every detail thought through and none were too small to discuss and review. I'm really enormously grateful for the guidance she provided along the way, she was just wonderful. And then, there is David. David is that person we didn't even realize we needed for the wedding and the person we now, looking back, absolutely could not have done it without! He is a magical person and just a tremendous asset to any wedding day, and led a team of incredible humans who made us all feel so at ease, so supported, so looked after. He, Emily and the rest of the Deerfield team just made our day feel like it just took off, even though it was without a doubt their hard work behind the scenes that made it go so beautifully. I could keep gushing, but instead I'll end by saying that our wedding was perfect, and Deerfield just the perfect venue!

Jenni · Married on 11/25/2017

Throughout the planning process Angela was fabulous. She was very accommodating, responsive, and very organized. When it came to the day of - David and his team were amazing. They made everything go smoothly and made sure that we were taken care of. We were so happy with our whole experience with Deerfield.

Gina · Married on 11/18/2017

Deerfield hosted our daughter's wedding reception. They did an amazing job!! It was such a pleasure working with the staff. They made the planning so easy! We received so many compliments on the food and service! Their attention to detail was more than we could have asked for! Thanks for a wonderful and memorable night!!

• Tell as all as time

Michele · Married on 11/10/2017

It was awesome will never forget

Deerfield 2

Tim · Married on 10/13/2017

From the start with Angela to the rehearsal, ceremony and party with David, I cannot say enough great words for the work that was done to make our wedding one we will never forget. Angela worked with us for 2 months planning, emailing, phone calls, etc to make sure what we wanted was what we received and more! David was the unexpected treat hidden within Deerfield. This man’s attentiveness, personality, sense of humor, professionalism, EVERYTHING about him, was a true professional at work. I’ve never experienced someone that takes so much care and pride in their work. My wife, our family, friends and myself will be raving about him for the rest of our lives I’m sure. The PERFECT place in the PA, DE, MD area to get married.

Diva · Married on 05/28/2017

I cannot recommend Deerfield enough. The service and attention to detail was amazing, and even more importantly, every single person there was so kind and accommodating to me on my wedding day, and they went out of their way to make my day wonderful.

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

This place is beyond amazing!! It was completely worth every penny and they work with your budget. I wasn't sure I'd be able to afford this place in the beginning but Angela worked with me to get everything I wanted for the price I wanted! Angela was a GREAT sales manager -- she was more like a wedding planner. I highly recommend asking for her. She worked with us every step of the way and made things super easy to understand. The chef was also very flexible -- I had to have a couple of special dishes and he was able to work with me and made everything seem like it was no problem. I also can't say enough about David! He is the director and gave me his personal cell the night before the wedding and told me to call him for anything. He also tried to accommodate exactly what I wanted, even though it had rained the morning of my wedding. Instead of moving everything inside, we just had our ceremony on the patio so that it was still outside but we wouldn't have to walk on the wet ground in our heels! And it was still beautiful! I got so many guests telling me what a fantastic job he was doing, too. The food was great, the venue is great, and so are the people! There is no reason not to pick Deerfield to have your wedding and reception!

Maureen · Married on 04/15/2017

Wedding - 10/14/16. We looked at a lot of potential venues and settled on Deerfield because it is so beautiful. Little did I know when we booked it that the attractiveness of the venue wasn't the half of why Deerfield was the right choice for us. From the beginning to end, our wedding consultant (Angela) worked with us to make sure everything was exactly how we wanted and amazingly (and thankfully), she worked hard to keep it within our budget. She was professional, efficient and totally responsive to any requests no matter how trivial - an absolute pleasure to work with! And then there was the event itself. We had the wedding (the grounds are lovely), cocktail hour and reception there ... and the food, service and facility were beyond wonderful. Our event manager (Michael) saw to every need, keep us on time and made sure everyone had a great time. Everything was perfect. I have given it a lot of thought and there is not one thing that I can think of to have made it any better. We are so pleased and have received so many compliments from people, many saying it was the best wedding they had ever attended. Deerfield is definitely the northern Delaware location for a fairy-tale like, picture perfect wedding. I highly recommend it.

Pam · Married on 12/17/2016

If you want everything taken care of in a top notch manner, this is your venue. Food is delicious and the service is outstanding. It was outstanding for our daughter's wedding reception.

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

My husband and I were married at Deerfield (ceremony and reception) on October 8th, 2016- Angela was an absolute gem leading up to the event, and David assisted in keeping my nerves down/sugars up/brain on track throughout the day to pull off an incredible event! Angela was very organized and proactive in sending emails, reminders, etc throughout the 15 month period in which we booked Deerfield and the day of our wedding; likewise, she was very flexible in scheduling meetings as needed as the wedding drew closer and closer to finalize items such as menu, guest count, etc. The only complaint I have is that I did not find it to be explained well about the "cake credit"; if you do not utilize the primary baker that Deerfield utilizes for their wedding cakes, then you received a "cake credit". This does not mean that you receive, for example, $500 of your bill/minimum revenue to put towards your cake, but instead a few dollars are deducted from each guest's total to "credit" the cake they are not eating for Deerfield. Again, it is possible this was described/explained to me and I misunderstood, but i was quite surprised to have a separate bill for my wedding cake following the event. The day of my wedding, it downpoured and David and his crew were wonderful about waiting until the absolute last minute to make the call to move the event indoors (i.e. instead of the patio). I had dreamed of getting married under the pine trees, and whereas Hurricane Matthew prevented this reality, David and his team were very understanding and doing everything they could to try and hold the ceremony outdoors, weather permitting. Our ceremony was absolutely beautiful being in the ballroom, and they did a great job sectioning off the ballroom so it felt more intimate during the ceremony! They also did a wonderful job of minimizing the attention towards my sister in law passing out during the ceremony/keeping the focus and attention on my husband and I.

• I

Isabel · Married on 09/11/2016

Deerfield recently hosted my wedding, and was phenomenal in every way. Their staff was courteous and professional, and every detail was exactly as planned. The food and accommodations were excellent. My wedding had 78 guests, which was the perfect size for their smaller ballroom. The ceremony was also on the premises by the gazebo, which was perfect as well. The rates were very competitive with other wedding venues.

We would highly recommend Deerfield to anyone looking to get married in the future.

Corey · Married on 08/21/2016

The Deerfield and the staff were wonderful. Claire was very easy to work with and answered all of our questions. The venue was gorgeous, and all the windows overlooking the golf course made for a beautiful background for our pictures and lighting in general. I almost didn't include it in my list of possibilities because based on the appearance it was probably going to be outside our budget, but they worked with us to make sure we stayed in our budget. They were also great about accommodating our food restriction requests which included guest allergies, gluten free, vegan, and kosher. We let the chef's recommendation guide our food choices and all the dishes were absolutely amazing. We also rented an additional room as a game room for all the kids invited, which worked out really well. The younger cousins and children really appreciated having a room they could retreat to and hang out in that was separate from the event as a whole. The entire event was wonderful, the staff was great, the planning was very easy, and the venue was gorgeous. I would definitely recommend them!

Malini · Married on 06/03/2016

There aren't enough compliments for the wedding & reception Deerfield gave us. They were hands on, detail oriented & made sure everything ran smoothly. They worked within our budget too! The grounds & ballroom are absolutely beautiful. The food was delicious & they were sensitive & accommodating about our request for both non-vegetarian & vegetarian food. Angela, Dave, Gabby & the team did an incredible job & have the best personalities for their jobs!! -MK

• User7459772 · event on: 12/03/2016

We held our holiday party here at Deerfield and everything was wonderful. Claire and Michael were great to work with.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2016

I cannot even begin to explain how wonderful the staff and grounds of Deerfield are! Our wedding was April 30 and our day was absolutely perfect!! People are still telling me what a wonderful time they had and how beautiful it was and how good the food was! Angela was so incredibly helpful from the very first email conversation. She took time to answer my endless emails and was always prompt with her responses. She made the planning process fun and easy and seemed to take some of the stress away. And the value was outstanding! The food alone was incredible, not to mention the beauty of the ballroom and the grounds. I was not too picky about layouts or decorations of the ballroom and they made it beautiful! The day of the event was better than I could have dreamed! David was wonderful at the event! I appreciated how he made sure to take my plans for the day and keep me to it! All I had to do was mention something and David was on it! His professionalism and kindness made me feel like the queen of the day!! Gabby was also wonderful! It was almost like she read my mind and was there the second I needed something. She even helped bustle my dress! I just truly cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue! Everything was simply perfect and I was able to thoroughly enjoy my wedding day!

The entire staff was so great! And the food was absolutely delicious! Even when I went back to my own dinner an hour later, it was still yummy cold!!

Someone asked me if there was anything about my day I would change and I couldn't think of anything! It was absolutely perfect!

Joan · Married on 04/02/2016

We could not be happier with our wedding experience at Deerfield. We had just about 8 weeks to pull a wedding together and Angela helped us work through the planning process, providing invaluable advice and tips along the way. She was flexible and responsive to my many emails and questions. We weren't sure if we could have the ceremony outside or not, so Angela had a plan either way that used the beautiful rooms to best advantage. On the day of the wedding, Michael was our point person and he was fabulous-- he anticipated our needs and ensured that the event went off flawlessly. The appetizers and the main dish were top notch, and I heard many compliments from the guests. We had one guest with special dietary needs and that was no problem. Perhaps the best compliment I can give is that I was able to relax and enjoy our guests and the reception without having to double check details or timing. From start to finish, Angela, Michael, Anne and everyone else we had contact with at Deerfield went above and beyond our expectations.

• F

Fred · Married on 12/13/2015

Very pleased with the post celebration of our son's wedding.
    Food and service were excellent and all needs were met (both planned and a few unplanned.)

Deerfield did an outstanding job for our wedding reception. Since the beginning, Angela was so helpful and knowledgeable about the planning process. She was wonderful to work with. She was very patient with all my questions! Every single detail we planned was perfect. On the day of, David was amazing! He made sure everything ran smoothly and we ate dinner! Ann was wonderful also. Everyone keeps complimenting us on the food and atmosphere at Deerfield. I would defintiely recommend Deerfield!

Deerfield was absolutely amazing! My husband and I got married this past weekend it was everything we had ever dreamed of! The staff was great! We highly recommend this venue to everyone!!