Deerfield Reviews

Deerfield 6
Deerfield 7

Lindsey · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Night Ever!

My husband and I had our wedding reception at Deerfield August 2019. From our initial walkthrough we knew this was the place for us. The large windows, ballroom & atrium for cocktail hour, and outdoor space are stunning! Angela was our wedding coordinator and she was always very responsive. She was also very personal and made sure you were doing ok in the planning process. Deerfield exceeded our expectations! Everything was perfect! The night went flawlessly. We even did a bubble machine exit at the end of the night and last minute I realized the machine need to be plugged in and did not run on battery. The staff at Deerfield said it was not an issue and even ran an extension cord for us to use it! They go above and beyond here!

We would like to thank the all of the staff at Deerfield who made our wedding reception the best night ever especially Angela, Michael, JD and Michelle. Thank you!

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Deerfield 11
  • Jerry

Jerry Santoferrara · Married on 07/21/2019

Exceptional

The venue is beautiful and can accommodate a large reception. The staff is amazing and willing to work to help us in any way they can.

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Ninette

Ninette · Married on 05/24/2019

Gorgeous Venue & Excellent Service!

My husband and I just got married at Deerfield Golf Club in May 2019 and we absolutely loved it! We had our ceremony outdoors on the Terrace (facing the golf course), our cocktail hour in the Sussex atrium, and our reception in the ballroom. We loved that our guests were able to experience all these different locations as each one provided its own unique beauty. We first saw the venue (and preferred vendors) at the open house. We were initially nervous that our 95 guests would feel lost in the ballroom, but the staff did an excellent job arranging the room to feel intimate and spacious. The professionalism and customer service of all the staff members from the open house all the way through to the wedding day was absolutely exceptional! We mainly corresponded with Angela during the planning phase, and she was very helpful and pleasurable to work with. The food tasting exceeded our expectations with it's extensive and delicious menu. The week of the wedding, the staff was very thorough in going over all of our decorations/set-up instructions. We definitely felt at ease that our wedding day was in good hands and they did a great job pulling it all together on the big day. They even thought to move two pillars with floral arrangements from the outdoor ceremony into the ballroom to accent either side of our sweetheart table - for whatever reason my husband and I hadn't thought of that but they did and it turned out so lovely!! Overall, from the gorgeous venue to the amazing staff and delicious food we could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 07/08/2019
    Deerfield 12
    Deerfield 13
    Deerfield 14

Deerfield's reply:

Ninette & Joe: Thank you for the lovely review, and for trusting Deerfield with your wedding! We are thrilled that your experience from beginning to end with our team was amazing, and we can't wait to see your photos!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Deerfield for other special occasions!

Michele Rubin · Married on 05/11/2019

Wonderful beyond words!!

We just had my daughters bridal shower in the Sussex room. The room itself is gorgeous. Claire was wonderful with ALL my questions. The on-site staff were so helpful and very kind. Our guests raved about the service and food. The management also helped us in our set up (we brought quite a bit of décor for our Tiffany theme) and were present throughout the entire day to help but not at all intrusive. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Sent on 04/03/2019

S · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue, Excellent Service & Food!

My husband and I held our wedding reception at Deerfield on 5/4/2019. I could not be more pleased with how our day went. Everything went smoothly, all thanks to their phenominal staff. We were able to bring all of our decorations and signs to them a few days before, and they set it all up for us; it was a huge relief to us that they did this for us! Our managers for the day, JD and Michael, were wonderful and went over every detail with us at our final appointment. They also made sure that we got to eat despite the busy day, and that my handicapped sister was comfortable. I can't thank them enough for their impeccable service! The scenery around the venue is breathtaking, and is a beautiful backdrop for unforgettable photos. The food was also excellent (I highly recommend the bacon wrapped filet!) and I have heard nothing but great comments from our guests. Deerfield was very accommodating to all of our requests and definitely exceeded our expectations; they truly went above and beyond to make sure everything went as planned and to our satisfaction. I would highly recommend Deerfield if you are looking for a wedding venue in Delaware.

Sent on 08/08/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Hello SP! Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled that Deerfield exceeded your expectations, and look forward to welcoming you and BH back for many more special occasions!

Tonya · Married on 03/30/2019

My dream reception

The experience at Deerfield was awesome. They worked with our budget, the staff did not leave anything in-turned. From the planning until our actual date they catered to us to make sure all our wishes came true.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Karen Anyayahan · Married on 01/27/2019

Stress-free wedding

Amazing Team who made every request and detail happen and made it even better! I am truly thankful for all the assistance you provided with the preparation and the day of....you made it a stress-free and fun wedding! The ballroom was so beautiful, food was great, and deerfield folks ensured we and our guests enjoyed the wedding. And....they made sure me and my husband are attended to, had time to enjoy the food, the drinks and the place. THANK YOU ANGELA, LIZETTE, STEPHANIE, MICHAEL and TEAM!!!

Sent on 02/02/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Good morning Karen & Rob: Thank you for trusting us with such a special day in your lives. It was a beautiful reception and we look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for many other happy occasions!

Julie · Married on 01/12/2019

Deerfield does not disappoint!

I can’t recommend Deerfield enough for your next event. The staff is so helpful and accommodating- we worked with Claire to set up the event and Lizette was our day of coordinator. We got so many compliments on the food and the beautiful ballroom it was held in! Book Deerfield and you won’t be dissapointed !

Sent on 01/16/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Thank you Julie! We appreciate you choosing us for your 3rd personal event at Deerfield for you and your family, and look forward to welcoming you back for many more special occasions!
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 11/24/2018

Absolutely Out of this World

We went to Deerfield concerned it would be out of our budget but the amount of amenities it offered compared to other locations was so impressive! Deerfield and their event staff made my dreams come true for my wedding in Dec 2018. Not only were they the perfect place for a Bride with big dreams and a Type A personality but they accommodated our fun and crazy Bridal Party who wanted to bring ALL of the fun to the dance floor! Their staff saved the day from a ripped bustle and missing florals! Their seasonal decor tied together our classy holiday motif in the most magical way! They absolutely transformed the ballroom into the vision I outlined for them at our walk through the week before!

They also referred us to two of my favorite Wedding Day vendors! However they didn’t demand that we use them - only promised that we would be promised the same level of service we got from Deerfield and this was certainly true!

Sent on 07/01/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Alana & John: Thank you for the lovely review. We are thrilled to have made your dreams come true and to have saved the day!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Deerfield for future special occasions!
  • allie

allie · Married on 11/17/2018

Wonderful Experience

Everyone was wonderful to work with! Our guests couldn't say enough nice things about the venue.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Samantha · Married on 11/03/2018

Beautiful venue!

Beautiful venue! We had so much fun on my wedding day. Everything went smoothly and we're all extremely impressed with the staff, food, and experience overall.

Sent on 12/08/2018

Hi Samantha!

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for choosing Deerfield to host one of the most important days in your life!

Best,
    The Deerfield Team
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/21/2018

A Dream Wedding!

I just had my fairytale wedding reception at Deerfield...and I can't recommend them enough. (My sister also got married here...we LOVE this place!)

We had complicated centerpieces, food and drink selections and so many other random details that Angela and her team worked with us on SO easily. No request felt too big. We decided not to serve alcohol, and I found out later they made cute little non alcoholic drinks for our guests! They stored each separately boxed centerpiece for us the week ahead of time (20 LARGE boxes...). They served chocolate milk just for my cousins. They lit hundreds of candles on our tables...made sure the groom and I actually ate. Honestly one of the most stress free events and gorgeous weddings (yes I know I'm a little biased). My husband and I can't recommend Deerfield enough. (also, your photos here will be BEAUTIFUL. Get on the golf course at sunset!)

Sent on 12/12/2018
    Deerfield 15
    Deerfield 16
    Deerfield 17
    Deerfield 18
    Deerfield 19

Deerfield's reply:

Natalie & Tyler: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We are thrilled that we were able to give you a fairytale wedding, and look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

PS: We received your photos a few weeks ago, and they are STUNNING!! Look for them on facebook and instagram next week!

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

The perfect venue!

Deerfield was the perfect venue for our wedding day (10/20/18). The staff is so professional and truly cares about making your day perfect! The staff worked great with our vendors to ensure everything was exactly as we wanted it. The pine trees location for our ceremony was perfect and our guests were able to utilize the outdoor patio during cocktail hour. Lizette and Michael made sure the day of ran perfectly and that I (the bride) was stress free! Our bridal attendant Sarah was always right there when we needed something. Angela was there every step of the way during the planning process! Our family and friends had so many amazing things to say! Everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Jessica & Ryan: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We are thrilled that the experience was perfect, and look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

PS: We just received your photos, and they are STUNNING!!

Terri Steinmetz · Married on 10/19/2018

The Deerfield is an amazing venue!

Last week we celebrated our daughters wedding at the Deerfield and it was an unbelievably perfect day. The ballroom is beautiful, the food is delicious, and all of the staff were awesome. My guests were so impressed with this venue. Angela, the sales manager, was always there to guide us and give us advice throughout the entire planning process. Lizette and Michael helped make our day run smooth. The entire staff went over and above to make our day special I highly recommend the Deerfield, you won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 10/22/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Terri: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for such an important day in your family's life. We are thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!

Stephanie Wharton · Married on 10/12/2018

Amazing and Professional!

My wedding was wonderful! The venue was absolutely beautiful and the staff was amazing. We worked with Angela and she was quick to reply, organized and very informative! I would definitely recommend for a friend.

Sent on 07/16/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Stephanie & Frank: Thank you for the great review! We are thrilled you enjoyed working with Angela and that your wedding was wonderful. We hope you two are enjoying married life, and hope to welcome you back to Deerfield soon!
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth · Married on 09/29/2018

I could not have asked for a better experience

I knew Deerfield was the right choice almost immediately when we were venue-shopping for our wedding, but I was blown away by the level of care and professionalism Deerfield demonstrated. From start to finish every single person was exceptional.

I want to give a special thanks to Carly. I don't know where they found her, but she was fantastic - attentive, poised and calm. She stayed close whenever either my husband or I needed anything but we never felt crowded or over-served.

Chef and his entire kitchen team were spectacular. Guests are still raving about the food, and they have said it was the best wedding dinner they've had.

Lizette and Michael were in the pinnacle of professionalism. Michael asked me a couple of times throughout the night if everything was going well. I could never find a complaint. Lizette was a fantastic ally to have when I needed to be pulled away from overly chatty guests or just needed to eat.

And from the time I first toured Deerfield to the last Wednesday before the wedding, Angela was been phenomenal. I never had a question unanswered, always felt like I was her only client when I called with small or strange questions. She was incredible, and I have been shouting her and Deerfield's praises from the Main Line Philadelphia.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Elizabeth & Harry: Thank you so much for your wonderful note and for choosing Deerfield for this important day in your lives. We love hearing that you "knew" we were the right choice from the beginning! We are thrilled that the level of service was exceptional, and will pass along your kind words to Carly, Chef, Lizette, Michael and Angela. We look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for future celebrations!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 09/22/2018

Deerfield brought my wedding dreams to life!

My husband and I honestly cannot say enough good things about our experience at Deerfield with Angela and her staff! From the moment we stepped onto the property, they were professional, organized, and sincere about meeting our needs. Angela kept us on a manageable timeline in the year proceeding, and our day-of coordinators Liz and Michael were AMAZING the day of our wedding. As a bride, I did want to be worried about ANYTHING the day of my wedding, I simply wanted to enjoy the day after all the work that went into preparing for it. Liz and Michael ensured that happened, and I cannot thank them enough. Everything at Deerfield exceeded our expectations - the staff, the service, the food, the ambiance! We would highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    Deerfield 20
    Deerfield 21
    Deerfield 22

Deerfield's reply:

Whitney & Kelvin: Thank you for the lovely review. You wedding will forever live in infamy at Deerfield, as your photos are some of the most beautiful we've seen! We hope you are enjoying married life and we look forward to seeing you back at Deerfield for many special occasions in the future!
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 09/08/2018

Professional, responsive and excellent service

Deerfield was the best! They were very responsive and extremely easy to work with. Deerfield was accommodating with our bar requests. Our guests said it was the best wedding they attended that year!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Deerfield's reply:

Caroline & Andrew: Thank you for the incredible review. We are thrilled you found our team easy to work with, and that your guests were raving! We look forward to welcoming you both back for more special occasions!

Marisa · event on 07/28/2018

Claire and her team were wonderful to work with. The venue is gorgeous and the food delicious. The staff were so polite and attentive. My daughter was overjoyed and our guests delighted!

Sent on 07/31/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Marisa: Thanks so much for your lovely review. I am so glad you were pleased and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Our best to the family! It was our pleasure to serve you...
  • Nivoke

Nivoke · Married on 06/08/2018

Best day ever

We had the absolute best service here. Everything was so well organized, I felt confident that the staff had everything under control. We even had someone the day of telling us when it was time to do things, getting us drinks, etc. nice big dance floor and amazing food. Great spots for pictures too. Couldn’t have had a better wedding! Thanks Deerfield, we will be back!!

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Deerfield 23
    Deerfield 24
    Deerfield 25
    Deerfield 26

Sharon · event on 05/05/2018

My experience at Deerfield could not have been better. From the initial planning with Claire, to the abundant brunch, the gorgeous private room, our host the morning of ... everything was wonderful.

I will certainly return again!

Sent on 05/08/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Sharon: It was our pleasure to host you in May. I am sorry for the delayed response. Please let us know how we can assist you in the future or come back and visit for a holiday dining event or Brunch. Thank you again - so glad you were so pleased with your celebration with Deerfield!

Becca · Married on 04/06/2018

My husband and I just had our wedding at Deerfield on April 7, 2018 and I cannot say enough great things. From the start of planning up till the end of our wedding day everything was perfect. They are awesome to work with and extremely accommodating. My husband has severe food allergies and they even made him his own plate of appetizers just for him! They set up my decorations exactly how I wanted everything to be. I mean I could go on and on. I am SO SO SO happy we went with deerfield. Staff is amazing, venue is beautiful, and so great to work with.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Deerfield's reply:

Becca and Tyler: Thanks so much for your wonderful note and sharing your wedding celebration with us. I am so sorry for the delay in our response to it. We are thrilled that you were pleased. Please find some time to come back and celebrate with us again soon. And our best to your families!
  • W

William · event on 02/26/2018

Deerfield helped us put on a terrific professional networking event and provided outstanding guidance in room layout and event management. The entire staff was polite, professional, and accommodating to all of our needs. The food was very good and all of our guests were very complimentary.

Sent on 03/02/2018

Kristy · event on 02/03/2018

Claire, Lizette and Michael were fantastic to work with. They go above and beyond each time and we couldn't appreciate them more. All of the staff working our company cocktail party were very friendly and helpful. We love Deerfield!

Sent on 02/05/2018