37 Reviews for Decoratively Speaking Events

Aisle Decor (1)
Chuppah Decor (1)
Non-Floral (1)
37 Decoratively Speaking Events Reviews

JR and his team did an amazing job decorating my wedding. It was everything we had expected and more. The minute i walked into my wedding reception i was speechless everything was so beautifully done.

Profile Picture sofia, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We have used Decoratively Speaking Events 5 times now and i would very highly recommend them!
JR and his team are amazing at what they do they take their time and plan out every detail to a sparkle on the table to a huge center piece in the middle of the room! JR is absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have done my quince, my sisters quince, my baby shower, my bridal shower and my wedding! and every penny has been well spent! Thank you JR!

Profile Picture Alexandria, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

JR was simply out of this world wonderful! I had originally booked a florist for silk centerpieces 4 months before my wedding, but as the day drew closer I began to realize that she was not able to deliver what I had in mind for my autumn theme. Two weeks before the wedding, JR came to the rescue, and when I saw my reception room I nearly burst into tears it was so beautiful and beyond my wildest dreams!!! I can't thank him enough, and he truly was a God send...and unbelievably talented. I would recommend him beyond all others...I think he is the Colin Cowie of the Tampa Bay Area---but at affordable cost!!

Profile Picture Deirdre, 10/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

J.R made the wedding of our dreams. Every detail was beyond our imaginations. He incorporated my simple classic vision and transformed the room into a magical showstopper that took my breath away. It rained when I was supposed to walk outside for our ceremony and we had to make the decision to have our ceremony inside, and J.R reassured me that our reception room would not disappoint for a backdrop for our ceremony. He had every table with candles lit and it was beautiful. Our ceremony and photos were surrounded with beautiful scenery and my guests could not stop coming up and telling me how beautiful everything was. Having J.R. Decorate our wedding was the best decision we made and we highly recommend him for any event. He made our day beautiful and I could not imagine anyone else being there and making our day and more special than he did for us. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/7/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Corsages, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

I had the pleasure of meeting J.R.Navarro at my best friends wedding in San Jose California. I was so impressed with what he had done for her, that I booked an appointment with him right away as I was planning my wedding. I had been to several bridal shows and had not found the right fit for me until I saw his creation at my friend's wedding. We met and he thoughtfully listened to my vision of what I wanted to create for my wedding day. We worked very closely via Skype (which was very convenient for my schedule) over the next few months and was delighted at his suggestions. My wedding day was the most magical and memorable day of my life.
J.R. was instrumental in making my day so special and perfect!
If you are looking for someone that is creative and truly understands the entire process, I highly recommend J.R.!!!!

Profile Picture Sandy, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

J.R. and his team are fantastic! We had our wedding this past September at Bella Collina in Montverde, FL. J.R. was our wedding decorator, florist, and day-of coordinator. When my husband and I saw the reception banquet hall, we were in awe of how J.R. not only transformed the space, but also achieved the look and theme I wanted. It was beautiful, and all of our guests continue to rant and rave about how great of a job J.R. did.

Also, I would definitely recommend J.R. as a day-of coordinator. He worked very well with all of our other vendors and the venue. I did not have to worry about anything on the day of my wedding except the rain (unfortunately), and then enjoying my wedding day. I most certainly did enjoy my wedding, and have J.R. and his team to thank for their work in making it such a phenomenal day.

Profile Picture Elana, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

My wife and I met JR at a friends wedding in SF. The work he did was exquisite! Our friends introduced us to him personally, and what an amazing man. He is a true artist!
We had our wedding this past August in Napa, it was an antique vintage theme. I have to say, JR outdid himself again. Quality, attention to detail, and you can tell he really cares about his clients

Profile Picture John, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

We have used multiple individuals and companies. Decoratively is unique. The creativity regarding the different decorations they have done for us is incredible. If you are trying to find the cheapest choice they are not the answer, If you are trying the best around in their business they are-without any doubt- your best alternative

Profile Picture Luis, 12/14/16, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor

Look at JR's portfolio. Sit with him and give him your budget and ideas. He will work with you to create the most wonderful wedding custom made for YOU! He is fun, ethical, and super creative.

Profile Picture Robin, 12/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

JR from DSE was wonderful, an absolute joy to work with. He made our reception hall look gorgeous with the drapery that they provided. Great prices, great people and great decor :)

Profile Picture Erin, 10/21/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

J.R. Navarro and Decoratively Speaking Events (DSE) is absolutely phenomenal and will bring your event to galaxies beyond your wildest imagination. I love the water so I asked for a beach theme... and the WEDDING AT PARADISE ISLE is what I received! This was definitely the event of the year in my hometown thanks to J.R. and his wonderful staff. Professionalism and service at DSE is second to none. THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY UNFORGETTABLE...A TRUE PARADISE ISLE EVENT! #firstclass #ambienceissurreal #lightingisparadoxical #unimaginablebecomesimaginable

Profile Picture J. Nashon, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

J.R was amazing event planner. He was very professional he really captured my vision for my event and it was beautiful. He designed everything from draping, lighting and the centerpieces were gorgeous. He is very detailed oriented. I would highly recommend J.R. to my friends and family and for all my events in the future.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We met JR here in California at a wedding we were attending @ the Ritz Carlton. Since we had just got engaged ourselves we decided to met up with him for a wedding consolation. He was very professional, offered wonderful ideas & met our needs. Our Vintage wedding was beyond beautiful, more than expected. JR works really well with budget, flowers were gorgeous & my family talks about it to this day.

Profile Picture Monique, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Our experience with Decoratively Speaking was out of this world. We didn't have a very big floral and decor budget, but J.R. listened to everything we wanted, and he delivered! We had shopped around for a florist, and J.R. was by far the best listener and the most creative. Based on the style we wanted, J.R. was able to make recommendations that fit our budget. I kid you not, it looked like we had spent a small fortune on flowers when he was done! J.R. also did some of the decor for our hall. Again, the results far exceeded our expectations. He just knows how to make things come together. With the help of the flowers and the decor, J.R. transformed the cold and boring space into this magical and beautiful room for our wedding reception. Simply put, everything was stunning. Thank you so much for all that you did! Thank you for making it work with our budget and not being pushy!

Profile Picture XayandRubina, 4/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements

JR and his are friendly, attentive and extremely creative! Our event looked fantastic!

Profile Picture User6118171, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

A good friend referred me to J.R. Navarro when she heard I was getting married. With busy schedules, we felt fortunate to be able to consult with J.R. via Skype. He made it easy for us to continue planning our event in a way that was convenient. His expertise, professionalism, and care he gave during a stressful and busy time were very special. J.R. created a beautiful, modern, chic, vintage look for us in my two favorite colors, yellow and cream. I wasn't sure at first if that would work but with J.R.'s expertise and the way he drew pictures for us, he made it easy to envision what our wedding would look like. The flowers, our table, the draping, the vendors he provided, and the overall experience were amazing. I truly am grateful for having worked with J.R. and his hard working staff. They made our special day memorable. I would highly recommend J.R. to anyone getting married.

Profile Picture Juli, 11/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Decoratively Speaking Events gets my vote for Best in Class and Outstanding Vendor of the Year! If I could give more stars I would! From the moment I met JR, owner and designer, at his beautiful home office, we clicked instantly! I had met with many other wedding and event planners before meeting JR and his work is bar none! With JR, I felt like I was his only client! From our initial consultation to the very end of my wedding event, he was there every step of the way! He was very professional, knowledgeable, caring, a great listener and went above and beyond my expectations! My wedding theme was called a "Night in Paris" and I had tasked JR with creating an atmosphere that simulated my beloved city. JR knows his craft well and he executed my vision better than I could ever imagine or hope for! At my venue, from the moment our guests walked into the foyer, JR created an illusion of street side cafe dining with bistro tables/chairs, 1 and 1/2 foot Eiffel Towers strung with lights and beautiful flower arrangements on top of the towers. Each bistro table was accented with varying colors of Victorian lilac/purple and silver. Our guest signing table was elaborately decorated adorned with our engagement photo. As we ventured from the foyer into the main room, we entered under an archway decorated with flowers that looked picture perfect as if from a postcard. Once we stepped into the grand ballroom, it was as if we were transported to a magical place on a starry night in Paris where a 15 foot giant Eiffel Tower stood to the side of the room, extravagant and rich looking drapery hung from the ceiling and the walls, illuminated purple lighting gave a warm glow to the room, tables were adorned with the 1 and 1/2 foot lighted Eiffel Tower floral arrangements as centerpieces with each table being named a city in France, and grand decorations everywhere that captured the perfect essence of my vision and so much more! JR and his entire team at top-notch!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bouquets, Table Arrangements, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up

Well here we go again lol, sorry J.R. for the mess up. What can I tell you about J.R. My husband and I met him about a year ago and he was the designer of that wedding. We had asked,who was the designer? and was told that it was Decoratively Speaking events. J.R. really pays attention to detail and it was right on point. We had no idea what we wanted and J.R. helped us with a beautiful "Paris theme" It was so gorgeous the flowers, draping, our table etc..... J.R. even went as far as bringing extra decor that we didn't even know about and we were so surprised! We couldn't be more pleased with him and his helpers. I'm so glad we met him and our guests will remember our wedding for years to come. Thank you J.R. and thank your assistant for me. lol

Profile Picture Josie, 9/26/15, 1 Review

If you're looking for a truly magnificent wedding with opulent decoration, attention to every last detail and a stress free experience, JR is your man! While we had decided on a Gatsby theme with a few rough ideas, JR took our ideas to an entirely NEW level!

JR made our wedding an experience our guests (and us) are still talking about. JR's level of creativity, precision and attention to detail created a theme that was true to the time and elegant.

Leading up to the wedding, the planning/design stage was very easy. JR's vision and 'what about this' approach made it easy for us to pick elements that were important, while he wove them into the master plan. He worked tirelessly to present idea that continued to bring more and more elegance to our wedding and stayed well within our budget. Well within our budget...you'll see what I mean below.

He sent pictures and ideas and came to our house a number of times just to run through revisions. The constant flow of communication left us without any feeling of question, wonder or if we were on track.

On our wedding day, we were obviously excited and nervous (not about JR's work...). There were so many subtle touches and 'extra' details that JR simply just did, it blew our minds. From the initials in pedals at the top of the isle runner, to the Gatsby'esque signs, to our guest board message being hand written, we were just as in awe as were our guests.

Simply put: you won't find anyone else who can take your ideas, turn them into an experience and exceed everyone's expectations like JR can.

Profile Picture Darcy, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Lighting & Decor

My boyfriend and I hired JR to put together a 1960's themed party after the wedding (which was quick and simple). I was turning 60 and I wanted the party of the century. OMG!!! JR went over the top with every detail and party decoration. He took care of all the details for the "hippie" theme, from the decorations, tables, tents, even the little VW bus figurines. The colors, the lighting and the flowers were amazing. He even made a "rose" arrangement - 60 of them to be exact, with colors I have never seen. Every table had an arrangement that was just magnificent. All we had to do was tell him what we were looking for and he took the ball and ran with it. We even had a taco bus parked out front of the house that served our guests truly delicious food. His planning, his perfection to achieve our goals, his knowledge, experience and of course his "caring" nature to make sure his clients are happy came through in every aspect of this reception/party. All our guests dressed in the 1960's and we even had a palm reader. JR has a vision that is truly unbelievable. I do not believe anything was left out of this party, disco ball and all. Our wedding was quick and simple, but JR made our celebration a "Night to Remember". It was fun, it was exciting, it was everything we wanted and no one could have done it better than JR. We had the time of our life. Everyone in West Shore Yacht Club still talks about the "party of the year". It was done amazingly fantastically beautifully professionally and artistically well.

Profile Picture Shea, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Band, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

J.R. was an amazing event planner. J.R. captured my vision for my event at the Marriot Waterside in Tampa, He did beautiful draping, lighting and the centerpieces were amazing!!
He is very detailed and fulfilled all he had promised to do per my contract. I would highly recommend J.R. to our friends and family and any or all future events.

Profile Picture sarah, 5/15/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

JR at Decoratively Speaking Events did a wonderful job with our wedding at the Straz Center. My budget was not huge, but he made it work and never made me feel like I was getting less than 100% of his time and attention. He visited the venue several times, kept in contact with the venue and with me, and came to set up the day before the wedding. When my bridesmaids saw the reception room all decorated they gasped like we were on a david tutera show! LOL I really have no regrets and would recommend DSE to anyone.

Profile Picture Mandi, 2/28/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

I feel that JR and his team of professionals were able to not only work with my budget but also incorporate all the beautiful details I wanted for my special day! I would recommend this company to anyone planning their special day... they certainly made my day unforgettable!

Profile Picture Cindy, 1/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

What can I say about JR, well lifesaver, extremely talented, amazing to work with just to name a few things. My husband and I honestly searched and had two florists we sat down w and neither understood what we wanted as well as Jr. I've honestly been racking my brain on what to say about him and his company. My husband and I got married on November 20th and still to this day we have people telling us how stunning the arrangement were and the linens. Part of me honestly miss planning my wedding as an excuse to talk to Jr :-) I can tell you, if you choose this VERY talented man to design your wedding you will NEVER be disappointed or concerned about anything he handles! He's so keen on details (one of the reasons I love him) and will be the first to tell u how it'll honestly look together, and while planning a wedding a bride does not need yet another YES person, you need someone to tell u ur colors dont blend or this won't photograph well and trust him he's so talented that if I hadnt had a Thursday wedding I never would've got him :-) so if I had to do my wedding all over again I just wish I would've had more time to pick his brain lol and I must say my husband and I chose artificial flowers for our centerpiece and real bouquets and boutineers and nobody knew the difference because his florals are such high quality and he ensures that no two weddings will be the same cookie cutter you've already seen. So consider that option since he will definitely make u a stunning event!

Profile Picture Jillian, 11/20/14, 8 Reviews