Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues Reviews

209 | Jacksonville, FL

209 Reviews for Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues

• Stefanie

Stefanie · Getting married on 05/01/2021

Fantastic selection and experience!

What a whirlwind of an experience shopping at Debra's! I have known that Debra's would be my very first bridal salon for years now, and they did not disappoint! What a selection!! My mom and I had the pleasure of working with Elise during our appointment. She truly knows her dresses and it's evident she loves what she does! Elise's really energy made our day. We were able to try on (what felt like) 20 dresses in the 2 hour appointment!! Elise pulled every dress I had saved from their Pinterest page, and used her bridal magic to pull some others after listening to my comments and preferences. It was really nice that the store allowed my mom in the dressing room with me too, with Elise ready in the wings to jump in for pinning/buttons/adjustments/advice. In the end, I narrowed it down to two amazing dresses. I plan to return with my mom and FMIL in the near future!

Sent on 08/31/2020
  • Kristen

Kristen Orlando · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Great experience

Joni was very helpful in finding me my perfect dress. The shop was clean and had a great variety of dresses in my budget.

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • Brown -Benoit

Nakedra · Married on 10/17/2020

The first dress fitting

I originally went to Debras, to purchase my bridesmaids dresses but the service that I received when just looking for bridesmaids made me want to shop for my wedding dress! I actually picked the FIRST dress I tried on which looked amazing! Mrs.Joni was amazing and me feel really comfortable!

Sent on 05/28/2020

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thank you so much for coming back in for your perfect gown, Nekedra!
    You're such a sweet Bride!
    It was my pleasure assisting you!
    -Joni

Carlos Sepulveda · Married on 07/04/2020

Great Value

Found my dream dress in an amazing price!
    Great service!

Sent on 10/21/2020
  • Libby

Libby Hale · Married on 03/14/2020

Excellent experience at Debra’s bridal

My shopping experience was excellent at Debra’s Bridal Shop. Joni was helpful and very knowledgeable. I didn’t feel pressure to buy a dress the first time I went there. She let me take my time and not feel rushed. I shopped at other bridal shops and I compared every dress I tried on to the Gwendolyn dress by Maggie Sottero at Debra’s Bridal. Joni was helpful at finding my dream dress within my budget. Thank you, Joni for helping find “the one”! I absolutely loved my dress!

Sent on 03/21/2020
  • Megan

Megan Marie · Married on 03/09/2020

A Must Visit

I am SO HAPPY that I went and tried on dresses here!!! 2 of my friends have gotten their dresses from here and urged me to go, despite my reservations that I wouldn’t be able to afford any of the dresses (my budget was under $1000).

I had flown my mom into town just to look at dresses— wasn’t going to buy but wanted my mom to be apart of this whole process since she lives in Houston. I went into Debra’s right after my [unfriendly] visit to David’s Bridal and was pointed to dresses that would be in my price range and steered away from one’s that were not (thank goodness!). I found quite a few that I REALLY liked and the quality and details of these dresses as compared to David’s bridal was UNREAL!! I could get SO MUCH more for my money at Debra’s than I could at David’s! The deals you can find here are unreal— so much that the dress I ended up getting that day, I couldn’t believe was in my budget!!! I kept checking it before I’d put it on! It was marked down almost 75% and it is STUNNING!!!!

My bridal consultant was amazing. She was happy, smiley, and helpful. She made suggestions on where to get a reasonable priced veil (USAbride on Etsy). My experience with her was 110% better than I had at David’s!

I highly recommend you give this place a shot! The people there are friendly, helpful, and honest! The dress selection they have there is amazing— there were 3 I would have been more than happy to wear on my special day. The deals they have there are unreal! SO HAPPY I went here!!! I cannot wait to wear my dress on my wedding day!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thanks Megan! That dress was made for you, it was just waiting for you to come in! You looked absolutely amazing and everyone in the store was in awe. We are so glad that we have such a great selection of reasonably priced dresses in store. We would love love love to see photos of your wedding if you would like to share them with us on facebook or instagram.
  • Ashley

Ashley Threm · Married on 03/01/2020

Excellent experience

Joni was so helpful! She helped me find my dream dress and was so excited for me when I found it. She made me feel so welcomed. My dress is beautiful!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Watson · Married on 01/04/2020

THE dress!

My experience with Debra’s Bridal Shop at the Avenues was wonderful. They only take appointments, which was great to know that my time was valued. I did struggle to decide between two dresses, so I went twice before finally finding THE dress. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/11/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 12/30/2019

The perfect dress

Just bought my dress at Debra's Bridal and I am in love. They are so professional and understanding that it is a difficult chose to make. They help find your perfect dress! Their dresses are not overly expensive!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 12/08/2019

Wedding Dress

Debra's Bridal made it easy to make an appointment and helped me find the perfect dress. Their prices were great and made it affordable to buy my own dress.

Sent on 12/15/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory · Married on 11/16/2019

Both times I went shopping at Debra‘s bridal were so enjoyable, both Debra and Rachel were extremely knowledgeable about dresses, fit, Vail, fabrics, and any other question I had. They were both fun and shared and my mother and I excitement through the whole process of picking my dress and picking out my selection for my bridesmaids

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Danielle

Danielle MacClary · Married on 11/15/2019

So helpful!

I am so happy that I shopped at Debra's to find my perfect dress! The staff was incredibly helpful and they had a great selection. My dress and veil arrived within 4 months with plenty of time to have alterations. I appreciate that they ordered my exact size instead of sizing up as some shops do, this made alterations minor and very easy. I shopped at 3 bridal salons in the area and very pleased that I purchased my dress from Debra's.

Sent on 11/29/2019

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet review Danielle! It was a pleasure working with you and we hope your day was everything you dreamed of!
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 11/09/2019

The best bridal boutique in Jacksonville, FL

My experience at Debra's Bridal was nothing short of amazing. Elise welcomed us with a big smile, a positive attitude and the perfect amount of energy! She helped me narrow down which style I felt the most beautiful in and was extremely patient throughout the process. She gave us a few tips and tricks on how to save money with alterations and made sure that we left without any feeling of regret. I was delighted to say yes to the dress at Debra's Bridal and I would recommend it to anyone in the area. Beyond the service, the collection was the best of the 4 boutiques I visited in the Jacksonville area. If you are looking for a wedding dress in Jacksonville, make sure that one of your appointments is at Debra's Bridal!

Sent on 02/19/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 11/09/2019

Exceed every expectation!

I purchased my dream dress this past Saturday and I can not say enough how incredibly wonderful my experience was at Debra’s bridal! The staff were polite and genuinely cared about my ideas and wishes. I am forever grateful for Elise for making my dress fitting a fun, stress free, joyous experience. She was highly knowledgeable, very kind, and provided me with the direction I needed. I highly recommended Debra’s bridal. You will not be disappointed. Ask for Elise! She was amazing!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Ani A · Married on 11/09/2019

Amazing place to buy your wedding dress

They were understanding and knew what I was looking for

Sent on 11/23/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy Waring · Married on 10/26/2019

I love debra's bridal!

Elise from Debra's Bridal is AMAZING! She is so sweet and genuine, I'm even considering inviting her to the wedding. LOL. But seriously, I am so so happy I went here. I will recommend everyone I know to go to Debra's Bridal.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thanks Nancy! I am so glad I had the pleasure of working with you. Your wedding at Chandler Oaks is going to be incredible! You are going to be the most gorgeous bride and I would love to see the reaction from your fiance when he gets to see you for the first time! You are so sweet and caring and I can see why you would be such a great teacher.
    -Elise
  • Hema

Hema Singh · Married on 09/11/2019

Definitely recommend

My experience was so amazing ! VERY helpful staff and I found "THE DRESS" in just 2 days !!!! Can you believe that ?
    thank you sooooo much !!!!
    Best wishes & good luck on your dress ! Love, Hema (#liveloveramsammy) xoxo
    Definitely Recommend ! (Joni was my agent ! )

Sent on 12/20/2019

Amber · Married on 09/07/2019

Beautiful!

My day to say yes to the dress went perfect. Not only did I find the perfect dress, my budget was stayed within, and they refereed me to an amazing alterations person as well. They have a huge selection for all types of dresses , and the consultant really knew what I was going for.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Sheena

Sheena · Married on 08/25/2019

No need to shop anywhere else

I went to a total of three bridal shops. I felt the most welcomed and least rushed, and tried on the most beautiful dresses at Debra's. And Debra herself is super accommodating and lovely. I found the dress with the full list of must-haves that I had, and within my budget, which I didn't expect at all! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 07/27/2019

Debra's Bridal is the way to go!

Debra's Bridal took my budget and helped me find a dress that I loved that was actually way UNDER what I was planning to pay. It was totally my style, and she was patient as I wasn't crazy about some of the others. She also was very attentive and helpful through the whole process.

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Future_Mrs.r.roberts

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2019

Dreamy-and fun!

Everyone at Debra's Bridal is absolutely amazing! My first appointment I was paired with Elise- she quickly understood the vision I was looking for and pulled some very close dresses. My second trip I came in with one particular dress in mind...when I tried it on it was perfect! My sister got her Maid of Honor dress from there as well. My dress came in much quicker than anticipated after I ordered it. The layaway program helped me afford my dream Wedding dress. So thankful for the hometown feel of the shop and the wonderful attitudes of all of the staff members. 
    My dress is Rebecca Ingram---Kaitlyn style.

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/19/2019

Great experience!

I had such a wonderful experience at Debra's Bridal! The staff is super nice and took the time with me to make sure I got the perfect dress. I tried on a few dresses at the store and ended up buying a dress that was on display for a trunk show. Didn't even try it on (it was way too small), I just went with my gut and bought it and it was PERFECT! The staff helped me personalize it by adding length to my train. They steamed it for me before the wedding as well which was a PLUS!

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 04/27/2019

Dream Dress Under Budget

I was actually dreading wedding dress shopping because I was worried my budget was too small to afford a dress I loved. When I called the shop to make the appointment, the associate assured me that there were options within my budget in the sale area, and that I wouldn't be pressure to go over budget. Elise helped me the day of my appointment and she was so sweet, helpful, and enthusiastic. She never made me feel bad or weird about only trying on sale dresses. After trying on 4 dresses I found the one. The clichés, in my case, were true. As soon as I put it on I felt like a bride and was smiling from ear to ear. A few months later after looking online with no luck, I decided to go back to Debra's to look for a veil as well. I didn't have an appointment, but since it was early afternoon on a weekday that was no problem, and the associate was very helpful and accommodating as I tried on several veils. I found a gorgeous one under my budget, and they had it delivered within two weeks which was amazing because my wedding was less than a month away at that point.

Sent on 06/14/2019
  • Kathya

Kathya · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Dresses

Their dresses are soooo beautiful and so unique!! The staff are so kind and so patient!

Sent on 04/22/2019

Alex · Married on 03/30/2019

Cannot recommend Debra's enough!! Best experience!!

I had the best experience at Debra's! I cannot express enough how thankful I am for their kindness, patience, and professionalism. I am a very indecisive person so I was worried about how long it would take for me to decide. The ladies at Debra's were so patient and made me feel welcomed. I checked out a couple of other salons and ended up comparing them all to Debra's. No one made me feel as welcomed as the ladies at Debra's. They went above and beyond to help me find the dress and veil of my dreams! I very highly recommend Debra's!

Sent on 11/05/2018