Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues Reviews

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 7
  • Megan

Megan Marie · Getting married on 03/09/2020

A Must Visit

I am SO HAPPY that I went and tried on dresses here!!! 2 of my friends have gotten their dresses from here and urged me to go, despite my reservations that I wouldn’t be able to afford any of the dresses (my budget was under $1000).

I had flown my mom into town just to look at dresses— wasn’t going to buy but wanted my mom to be apart of this whole process since she lives in Houston. I went into Debra’s right after my [unfriendly] visit to David’s Bridal and was pointed to dresses that would be in my price range and steered away from one’s that were not (thank goodness!). I found quite a few that I REALLY liked and the quality and details of these dresses as compared to David’s bridal was UNREAL!! I could get SO MUCH more for my money at Debra’s than I could at David’s! The deals you can find here are unreal— so much that the dress I ended up getting that day, I couldn’t believe was in my budget!!! I kept checking it before I’d put it on! It was marked down almost 75% and it is STUNNING!!!!

My bridal consultant was amazing. She was happy, smiley, and helpful. She made suggestions on where to get a reasonable priced veil (USAbride on Etsy). My experience with her was 110% better than I had at David’s!

I highly recommend you give this place a shot! The people there are friendly, helpful, and honest! The dress selection they have there is amazing— there were 3 I would have been more than happy to wear on my special day. The deals they have there are unreal! SO HAPPY I went here!!! I cannot wait to wear my dress on my wedding day!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 8
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 9
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 10

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thanks Megan! That dress was made for you, it was just waiting for you to come in! You looked absolutely amazing and everyone in the store was in awe. We are so glad that we have such a great selection of reasonably priced dresses in store. We would love love love to see photos of your wedding if you would like to share them with us on facebook or instagram.
  • Ashley

Ashley Threm · Getting married on 03/01/2020

Excellent experience

Joni was so helpful! She helped me find my dream dress and was so excited for me when I found it. She made me feel so welcomed. My dress is beautiful!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel · Getting married on 12/30/2019

The perfect dress

Just bought my dress at Debra's Bridal and I am in love. They are so professional and understanding that it is a difficult chose to make. They help find your perfect dress! Their dresses are not overly expensive!

Sent on 06/02/2019
  • Mallory

Mallory · Getting married on 11/16/2019

Both times I went shopping at Debra‘s bridal were so enjoyable, both Debra and Rachel were extremely knowledgeable about dresses, fit, Vail, fabrics, and any other question I had. They were both fun and shared and my mother and I excitement through the whole process of picking my dress and picking out my selection for my bridesmaids

Sent on 09/21/2018
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 11
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 12
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 13
  • Alexa

Alexa · Getting married on 11/09/2019

The best bridal boutique in Jacksonville, FL

My experience at Debra's Bridal was nothing short of amazing. Elise welcomed us with a big smile, a positive attitude and the perfect amount of energy! She helped me narrow down which style I felt the most beautiful in and was extremely patient throughout the process. She gave us a few tips and tricks on how to save money with alterations and made sure that we left without any feeling of regret. I was delighted to say yes to the dress at Debra's Bridal and I would recommend it to anyone in the area. Beyond the service, the collection was the best of the 4 boutiques I visited in the Jacksonville area. If you are looking for a wedding dress in Jacksonville, make sure that one of your appointments is at Debra's Bridal!

Sent on 02/19/2019

Danielle · Getting married on 11/09/2019

Exceed every expectation!

I purchased my dream dress this past Saturday and I can not say enough how incredibly wonderful my experience was at Debra’s bridal! The staff were polite and genuinely cared about my ideas and wishes. I am forever grateful for Elise for making my dress fitting a fun, stress free, joyous experience. She was highly knowledgeable, very kind, and provided me with the direction I needed. I highly recommended Debra’s bridal. You will not be disappointed. Ask for Elise! She was amazing!

Sent on 03/04/2019
  • Nancy

Nancy Waring · Getting married on 10/26/2019

I love debra's bridal!

Elise from Debra's Bridal is AMAZING! She is so sweet and genuine, I'm even considering inviting her to the wedding. LOL. But seriously, I am so so happy I went here. I will recommend everyone I know to go to Debra's Bridal.

Sent on 04/19/2019

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thanks Nancy! I am so glad I had the pleasure of working with you. Your wedding at Chandler Oaks is going to be incredible! You are going to be the most gorgeous bride and I would love to see the reaction from your fiance when he gets to see you for the first time! You are so sweet and caring and I can see why you would be such a great teacher.
    -Elise
  • Sheena

Sheena · Getting married on 08/25/2019

No need to shop anywhere else

I went to a total of three bridal shops. I felt the most welcomed and least rushed, and tried on the most beautiful dresses at Debra's. And Debra herself is super accommodating and lovely. I found the dress with the full list of must-haves that I had, and within my budget, which I didn't expect at all! Highly recommend!

Sent on 05/04/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Getting married on 07/27/2019

Debra's Bridal is the way to go!

Debra's Bridal took my budget and helped me find a dress that I loved that was actually way UNDER what I was planning to pay. It was totally my style, and she was patient as I wasn't crazy about some of the others. She also was very attentive and helpful through the whole process.

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Future_Mrs.r.roberts

Rachel · Married on 05/25/2019

Dreamy-and fun!

Everyone at Debra's Bridal is absolutely amazing! My first appointment I was paired with Elise- she quickly understood the vision I was looking for and pulled some very close dresses. My second trip I came in with one particular dress in mind...when I tried it on it was perfect! My sister got her Maid of Honor dress from there as well. My dress came in much quicker than anticipated after I ordered it. The layaway program helped me afford my dream Wedding dress. So thankful for the hometown feel of the shop and the wonderful attitudes of all of the staff members. 
    My dress is Rebecca Ingram---Kaitlyn style.

Sent on 07/17/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 14
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 15
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 16
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 17
  • Crystal

Crystal · Married on 05/19/2019

Great experience!

I had such a wonderful experience at Debra's Bridal! The staff is super nice and took the time with me to make sure I got the perfect dress. I tried on a few dresses at the store and ended up buying a dress that was on display for a trunk show. Didn't even try it on (it was way too small), I just went with my gut and bought it and it was PERFECT! The staff helped me personalize it by adding length to my train. They steamed it for me before the wedding as well which was a PLUS!

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 18
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 19
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 20
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 04/27/2019

Dream Dress Under Budget

I was actually dreading wedding dress shopping because I was worried my budget was too small to afford a dress I loved. When I called the shop to make the appointment, the associate assured me that there were options within my budget in the sale area, and that I wouldn't be pressure to go over budget. Elise helped me the day of my appointment and she was so sweet, helpful, and enthusiastic. She never made me feel bad or weird about only trying on sale dresses. After trying on 4 dresses I found the one. The clichés, in my case, were true. As soon as I put it on I felt like a bride and was smiling from ear to ear. A few months later after looking online with no luck, I decided to go back to Debra's to look for a veil as well. I didn't have an appointment, but since it was early afternoon on a weekday that was no problem, and the associate was very helpful and accommodating as I tried on several veils. I found a gorgeous one under my budget, and they had it delivered within two weeks which was amazing because my wedding was less than a month away at that point.

Sent on 06/14/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 21
  • Kathya

Kathya · Married on 04/06/2019

Beautiful Dresses

Their dresses are soooo beautiful and so unique!! The staff are so kind and so patient!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 22

Alex · Married on 03/30/2019

Cannot recommend Debra's enough!! Best experience!!

I had the best experience at Debra's! I cannot express enough how thankful I am for their kindness, patience, and professionalism. I am a very indecisive person so I was worried about how long it would take for me to decide. The ladies at Debra's were so patient and made me feel welcomed. I checked out a couple of other salons and ended up comparing them all to Debra's. No one made me feel as welcomed as the ladies at Debra's. They went above and beyond to help me find the dress and veil of my dreams! I very highly recommend Debra's!

Sent on 11/05/2018
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 03/23/2019

I was really nervous to start shopping for my wedding dress because of how easy it is to become overwhelmed, but the ladies at Debra's Bridal made it so easy! Kendra was the one who helped me, and let me tell you, was she helpful. She answered my million questions, got me in and out of dresses quickly (but never rushed me) and brought me dresses that I wouldn't have thought to try on. I went in with one style in mind and came out with a completely different neckline than I thought I would like. I love that she brought me one of each style to try on before I ruled any out. Debra is a sweetheart and took the time to show me the different types of lace on my dress. I had a somewhat large group of family/friends come to help me pick a dress and they were accommodated beautifully. Debra's Bridal made what seemed like a scary process super easy and fun! 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 02/23/2019

I loved my experience at Debra's

I first went to a well-known corporate chain to find my wedding dress and was really displeased in the experience. I then was told by a few friends to try Debra's. I loved my experience there, and Carol was amazing in helping me find my perfect dress. I appreciated that my time there felt personal and special. I would absolutely recommend Debra's to someone! The dress I got was a great price and beautiful - exactly what I wanted!

Sent on 02/04/2019

Katelyn · Married on 01/26/2019

Dream Dress

From start to finish Debras bridal was a dream to work with. They were my first stop on dress shopping day, I expected to try on some dresses and go onto a couple more places before I found “THE ONE”. NOPE. Every single dress I tried on I loveddd. They listened to what I wanted and when I tried something on that I didn’t like they brought more in to help me narrow them down and made sure I was smiling and calm the entire time. They made the process so easy and so much fun. I walked out with my dress Within an hour of my appointment. My dress was a dream and there wasn’t one person at my wedding who didn’t ask where I got it and who didn’t ooh and ahh over it. I couldn’t thank them enough for helping me find my dress.

Sent on 01/27/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 23
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 24

Carmen · Married on 01/19/2019

Friendly and patient service

Joanie was great to work with. My bridal party dresses and my wedding gown came from Debra’s. The have a wide selection of premium dresses. Joanie was friendly and very patient. During the process I changed the bridal party’s dresses, and mine. She displayed great flexibility and was very accommodating. I’m still in love with my wedding gown.

Sent on 02/16/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 33
  • Evelyn

Evelyn · Married on 12/01/2018

Beautiful Dress!

I think I have a unique story. I found the dress I wanted at a shop in Savannah, GA but was told it wouldn’t come in on time for my wedding. I googled it and found it for sale as a stock dress at Debra’s Bridal in Jacksonville. I called and they told me they would hold it for free. I drove down that day, tried it on, purchased it, and went home with a dress! I think some of that was pure luck that they happened to have the exact dress I wanted and in my size, but they were very friendly and made the experience super easy. Also, the dress was $600 cheaper than the shop in Savannah. Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/02/2018

Lori from Debra's Bridal got back to me right away on WeddingWire messager and I was able to set up an appointment easily. I never thought dress shopping would be so fun and the team being so personable. She put me in dresses that flattered my body, and gave me her honest opinion when I asked. I couldn't imagine having a better bridal appointment! Thank you Lori, and thank you for helping me find my dream dress! I can;t believe it was this easy!

Sent on 09/24/2017

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thank you for such sweet words, you were a delight not to mention your entire family. Congratulations! Lori

Deborah · Married on 08/25/2018

When I went Wedding Dress shopping this was the first location I set an appointment at. I was looking through their website and it also mentioned that they were on Pintrest. On the Pintrest site they upload dresses they currently have in stock and the sizes so you can look before you go and pin the one's you would like to try on. I loved that option. I invited the girls and on a Saturday we went and I was given Rachel as a consultant. She was amazing and so helpful. Rachel helped find the dresses I pinned and then brought a couple more for me to try on. I found it funny that I chose a dress that she suggested that I would never have thought of trying on. It looked amazing on me. I didn't want to buy right away being it was my first stop so she held the dress for two days. I was in love with that dress and bought it when I went back. Rachel also suggested a wonderful seamstress to do the alterations since they do not do them there. Thank you Rachel and Debra's Bridal Shop for helping me find an amazing dress.

Sent on 08/29/2018

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thank You so much for the kind review! We truly love what we do! So Glad you found your dress! Thank you so much for letting me help you with such a big part of your day! -Rachel

Shabnam · Married on 05/19/2018

I had looked for my wedding dress every where in Jacksonville and no one had the style I was looking for. Debra's bridal shop has extensive selection of bridal gowns to pick from and their prices are affordable too. I end up buying one of their sample sizes and everyone was awed by it.

Sent on 08/03/2014
  • I

Ivonne · Married on 05/12/2018

Thank you Debra for the great service. Jordan and the bridesmaids dresses were perfect.

Sent on 05/16/2018
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 34
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 35
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 36

Bojana · Married on 03/31/2018

I love that place.. everyone is so friendly and helpful..

Sent on 06/21/2017

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

Thank you for the your review, we appericate all feedback.
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 03/24/2018

Dream Dress

Debra's Bridal was super easy to work with. This was the 3rd store I went to and I found my dress immediately. They had dresses in smaller sizes which fit me well so I could better visualize. I was done within 30 minutes of arriving and what an amazing process it was. They were prompt with the dress being ordered to pick up and make any other necessary alterations,

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 37
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 38
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 39
    Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues 40

Debra's Bridal Shop at The Avenues's reply:

You look amazing Gabrielle! Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Congratulations on your wedding! We wish you all the best!